Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When drinks or drugs turn straight guys into flirting femmes

....you ever seen this?

I have one friend, German, 40s, who has had relationships only with women *that I know of*. They never work out so he's a perpetual bachelor type. Not especially butch but straight nonethless.

Then, after two glasses of wine, the chin tilts downwards and the bedroom eyes come out, the pinkies go up, the giggling begins, the cheeky comments start flowing, and he's a Southern accent away from being Blanche Deveraux.

I have another friend , Indian,, 20s, who hasn't dated much but talks only about how sexy girls are, his exes, how he'll get married by 26 because it's expected and someone will matchmake for him...and then when he smokes up and gets high, which is often, he curls up like a saucy kitty, dramatically works his eyebrows and becomes completely limp-wristed.

There's nothing wrong with any of these traits, I possess some of them myself, but Dear Lord...what's the deal with these men?

Have you guys noticed this phenomenon? Self identifying straights who morph into femmes fatales once drunk or stoned...??

I really find it baffling. Afterwards, its like they are completely unaware of how they acted beforehand...and it makes me wonder whether they're denying their homo side or whether I'm just irritated they're somehow holding onto their straight privilege card while still being so...well queeny.

I'm just curious if y'all have seen it firsthand and if you address it or ignore it or if it annoys you or what.

Ihave another friend, Indian,,

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2023 7:34 PM

Right, okay…

Stop taking your mom’s ‘sick headache’ medicine Op.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2021 4:47 AM

Covfefe.

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2021 5:04 AM

I....don't get either of these replies.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2021 4:41 PM

Well I don't just notice such men but get them to have sex as well. They make amazing nipple suckers

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2021 1:02 PM

Absolutely! The age old story. Drugs and booze lower the walls and defenses and we become who we really are. This is why regret is so strong the day after when people moan, "Christ, what did I do last night?". They realize they let the skeletons out of the closet, but mistake.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2021 1:08 PM

The term is “Gay while drunk.”

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2021 1:36 PM

I'm a sucker for these types.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2021 1:46 PM

literal or figural?

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2021 1:49 PM

"I have a friend who..." is always the signal that the post is a made-up fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2021 1:52 PM

Whenever a straight man is drunk and frisky, I snuggle up next to him, put my arm around his shoulder and whisper in his ear that I know of a man who loves them very, very much. His name is Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2021 1:57 PM

R9 lordy...you must have no friends.

R10 Ha! That kinda happened to me actually. A dude who was flirting with me threw in a "Jesus Loves You..." randomly and I was so turned off LOL.

Do the Gay While Drink types typically akways live in denial about it? Or do they ever wake up happy they had fun?

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2021 2:12 PM

I have seen less “oh, dear” moments in a Special Ed class, OP. Did you type this with your eyes closed?

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2021 2:16 PM

Been there done that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote] Do the Gay While Drink types typically akways live in denial about it? Or do they ever wake up happy they had fun?

In my experience, the Gay while drunk types are more fun until they wake up. Not much fun sober.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2021 2:25 PM

Sorry to burst your fantasy, but this doesn’t happen to straight men. These are closet cases with their defenses down.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2021 2:32 PM

This doesn’t happen to straight men. These are closet cases with their defenses down.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2021 2:32 PM

It's the equivalent of dating in Europe

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2021 2:32 PM

R17 hahahahaha really? In every country?

R16 then I'm even more convinced that what they say is true and we're all innately bisexual. Cause the m/m flirting while drunk is a recurring thing with the straight guys I know. True, they're probably not all "closet cases" but they're definitely not all straight.

Especially not the German and the Indian. LOL

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2021 2:39 PM

Why are so many gay men obsessed with straight men (and lesbians with straight women). It's kind of annoying, why would you want to be with someone who isn't really into you or who is a self-hating closet case?

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2021 2:56 PM

I don't know. I have been in a few situations like this. What's their sexuality? Not sure. What I would normally do is Get on my knees in front of them and stick out my tongue. They pull their dick out every time.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2021 3:02 PM

R18 It's a classic Vin Diesel line as to why he isn't married/attached to a female.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2021 9:04 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2022 2:13 AM

I mean it is nothing new. I had a Southern Studies class in college, where we discussed the white and black Southerners that moved outside of the South and created a "Southern Diaspora." One of the chapters in the text book has always stuck with me, because it was discussing LGBs among that group. And, they had all these interviews with these "straight" Southern guys, then living in Detroit, Chicago, etc... and they'd be like, "yeah, once the bars closed and I didn't get a gal, and I was missing home, I'd just find another Southern guy and soothe each other's soul." I wish I still had that book, but sadly I lost a great deal of my personal library due to a flooding incident.

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2022 2:22 AM

MANY straight men have a feminine side and it's been at least 30 years in most cosmopolitans settings that straight men can get lit and camp it up. In fact this is one of the oldest displays in entertainment - going back to classical times, and one of the traditional way to make some levity in masculine environments - like all boys schools and the military.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2022 2:33 AM

What are you ranting about, OP?

Yes, we all know that drugs and drinks have behavioral effects and health consequences.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2022 2:49 AM

R23 ugh I was born in the wrong era.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2022 3:27 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2022 2:53 PM

Why would they turn fem?

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2023 12:37 PM

Bykp

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2023 4:55 PM

Quaaludes, hands down

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2023 6:03 PM

I've had the odd experience when I'm talking to a male and a straight guy walks by. He'll rake the guy over as if, "What's he got that I don't have?".

I think they all want to be the one who gets the free blowjob from the fag.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2023 6:31 PM

R31, why do you use the f-word?

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2023 6:48 PM

Do get over yourself, R31.

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2023 6:56 PM

^^^Oops. Comment intended for R32. Apologies, R31.

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2023 6:58 PM

My straight brother is like this. He's a big homophobe but when he gets high, oh gurl.

Plus before he married he dated a tranny a few times without knowing it was trans. He told me before he introduced me to her "I don't know. There's something different about her."

When I met "her" I said yeah, different alright. That's a dude.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2023 7:24 PM

Why is he a homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2023 7:32 PM

I know straight guys who do this, even when they're sober. It's not that they're "gay" per se, they just enjoy flirting and the attention that comes with it, no matter the sex of the participants. Guess it's just a form of validation? Idk, maybe they just honestly think it's harmless fun. I see no problem with it. Trouble arises when people misinterpret their behavior - like when straight guys think their waitress is "so into me", but no, actually being nice is just part of her job, lol.

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2023 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!