Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mighty Joe Biden Vows to Hunt Down Kabul Attackers, Says We’re STILL Leaving Afghanistan

[QUOTE]“I’ve ordered my commanders to develop operational plans to strike ISIS key assets, leadership, and facilities,” President Biden said. “We will respond with force and precision at our time, at a place of our choosing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 2:26 PM

M.F.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2021 10:24 PM

The Empire Strikes Back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2021 1:57 AM

Maybe he should wait to make threats after everyone is out?..

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2021 1:59 AM

Fuck that! They killed our boys and we’re coming for their heads!

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2021 2:04 AM

r3 Thats making me a bit nervous too.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2021 2:17 AM

What, you’re afraid the terrorists are gonna terrorist more if we start killing them? What did we do that provoked ISIS-K into slaughtering those 13 Marines, R5?

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2021 2:22 AM

Yes, there was already a thread

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2021 2:27 AM

I am nervous they will kill a lot more US soldiers before the exit from Afghanistan yes. I assumed the droning of them would take place after august deadline passed but of course depending on the intelligence reports they are reading a drone strike now might be necessary as a preventative measure.I am not criticising the decision to drone them I am just saying I am nervous of the consequences. I am expressing a feeling not issuing a condemnation or a judgement of the decision.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2021 2:30 AM

He got the lead ISIS guy and his henchmen. Airstrike a few hours ago. Joe doesn't fuck around, baby. There's very little information on who the suicide bomber was , but there's speculation it was a woman. ISIS would use women because the Taliban is assisting the U.S. with pre screening before people get to the Abbey Gate, and they have this hang up about women. They will not touch women and women have to wear all that shit all the time, so it's easier getting past security with a vest loaded with explosives (170 Afghanis died in the blast.)

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2021 2:46 AM

I want more strikes! Find out who they are and kill them! Go on offense before these motherfuckers bomb the airport again.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2021 2:55 AM

They should just stat carpet bombing known terrorist hideouts, it would provide a nice distraction for them as the last big planes pull up off the runway.

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Of course, Biden would murder a woman. Of course, he would. Revokes women's rights EO, here, leaves all those women and children to be raped and enslaved, there. And the first thing he does to *try* to clean up this disaster he created is to murder a woman.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2021 4:07 AM

you know it's possible an Afghani woman had explosives hidden in her suitcase and they detonated it remotely. She may not have known she was a suicide bomber. It could have been a personal revenge thing. But whatever. The point is ISIS hides easily. A family member could be ISIS, or a neighbor or a distant relative. It's impossible to root all of them out.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2021 4:08 AM

[QUOTE] They should just stat carpet bombing known terrorist hideouts, it would provide a nice distraction for them as the last big planes pull up off the runway.

Exactly. Go on offense and maybe kill the people who would be involved in the next attack.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2021 2:02 PM

Hey I trust Biden and his team, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about the previous guy. These people are competent. And pretty damned open. Some of the questions the media asks are ridiculous. They want to make sure the enemy knows our strategy, the way we deploy our people, even asking detailed questions about security ,knowing Biden could not answer them. Doing it deliberately to make him look evasive.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2021 4:42 PM

Mighty Joe took out TWO of these terrorist scumbags, not one! We got a bonus kill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2021 7:43 PM

Good. Loving his leadership.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2021 7:43 PM

President Biden has given the military the greenlight to hit ISIS-K anywhere without White House approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2021 7:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2021 8:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2021 8:33 PM

That "woman" suicide bomber in a full burka coulda been a DUDE.

In a burka, nobody knows what gender you are.

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2021 8:36 PM

R20 Oh really, Alastair??

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2021 8:37 PM

ABC news reporting air strike target not directly involved in Thursday’s bombing

by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2021 9:00 PM

Nobody ever claimed he was directly connected to the attack. How the hell could they find that out less than 48 hours after it happened?

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2021 9:25 PM

It wasn't a suicide bomber it was a much bigger bomb planted in a luggage pile.

by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2021 9:29 PM

Mighty Joe took out more ISIS-K scumbags and potentially prevented another attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2021 4:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2021 2:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2021 1:39 PM

Yes, blame Joe Biden and not the terrorists who committed the act.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2021 2:16 PM

Whelp, he got rid of 10 today in Kabul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2021 2:19 PM

I like the drone attacks, that’s where it’s at.

Obama was correct.

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2021 3:51 PM

R28 = Chinese propaganda site on Youtube. Just look at the other videos. All about the glory of China.

by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2021 7:54 AM

R32, it's CGTN, yes, but that doesn't make the phone call and the mother's outrage and grief a lie. It's not fabricated.

by Anonymousreply 33August 31, 2021 2:32 PM

I don't think the US will ever go to war face to face again. Drone strikes are where it's at.

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2021 1:12 AM

That's what they said about Afghanistan. You cant use a drone indoors. That said, I agree, most combat will be done from the air. Why not, war is about winning not what's fair.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2021 1:35 AM

You can use it for when they're in cars, on their balconies and roof tops, out with their goat herds.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2021 1:47 AM

Military drones can see inside houses

This might be the case with the entry-level drones but the truth is, there are drones that make use of technology that can see what is inside your house. The Israeli Tzur drone is one example of a drone that was specially designed to do just that. It has the capability to silently hover while it uses its cameras and thermal imagers to watch what is going on inside. The drone used by the Israeli military has a silent engine, excellent maneuverability, can hover stationary for extended periods of time, and uses stealth to avoid detection while it records inside the building.

There are more examples of drones like the bird size Dragonflyer X4-ES, AeroVironment Wasp used by police to conduct video surveillance before police operations. The AeroVironment Nano Hummingbird is a tiny drone resembling a live hummingbird with the capability to fly through an open doorway, hover and climb while it relays video to the operator. Weighing less than an AA battery.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Look. The Republicans and their defense contractor buddies have been embracing perpetual wars for decades. They're real pissed off now. And they have friends in the Media. But the truth is, our nation is falling apart. Our survival depends on upgrading and rebuilding our infrastructure and dealing with the environment. yes we are already in the shitter, but we can slow the deterioration and in some cases insure that it doesn't get worse. That really is the problem.

By Joe bringing the troops home and focusing on surgical strikes and beefing up our intelligence capabilities along with really raising the stakes in cyberwarfare, he is very forward looking and the old guard is really going to pull out the stops. Because Joe is going to be able to reroute trillions of dollars that would historically go into the pockets of the Defense industry.

I agree with him. We don't need to be nation building. And promoting Democracy in places like Afghanistan is ridiculous. Here is something that has hardly been noticed by the media. Joe met with his counterparts at the last G7 and they are all working together in a way they never have before on the whole cyberwarfare capabilities. That is the new front. Planes and tanks and helicopters are old school. We will definitely need boots on the ground once in a while, but not like we did in the past.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2021 3:24 AM

Leadership??? This potato??? Surely you have to be joking.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2021 9:22 AM

Defense industry won't accept downsizing. Erik Prince and his private army won't like it either. Fortunately, the world is a "porous" place and there are many opportunities to instigate warfare. Both China and Russia are open to it, for sure...as long as it happens somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2021 12:27 PM

Samantha Power, Erik Prince, and the CEO of Northrop-Grumman could all agree on one thing: those starving babies in Ethiopia need American military boots on the ground in the Horn of Africa!

by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2021 6:10 PM

Oooh, fireworks!, giggle, I just LOVE fireworks!

MORE! MORE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2021 7:37 AM

[quote]Leadership??? This potato??? Surely you have to be joking.

Dont call me Shirley. No I am not joking and if you pulled your head out of your ass you would know the majority of Americans are behind him. He's don't a great job so far, better than anyone expected and 10 times better than Trump could have ever dreamed of. Vaccinating more than 150 million Americans, bringing up the economy, people returning to work, kids going back to work, lowest unemployment rate in decades, booming stock market, life getting back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2021 1:08 PM

^^ He's doing a great job so far^^

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2021 1:09 PM

The media is pounding on Joe because he's "boring." They succeeded in twisting the facts on Afghanistan sufficiently to run his poll ratings down to 44%. Evacuating 123,000 is a fucking miracle. Lower poll numbers is a temporary dip. We have to turn off the noise. The media loves a mess and Trump gave them a mess. Right now they feature Trump's utterances daily. If that get Dems to the polls great, but the only Trump news I want is seeing him arrested and put in jail. Honestly after four years of being terrified of what fresh horrors Trump might unleash every day, I'm no longer watching daily news broadcasts nonstop. I watch maybe an hour of news four times a week, that's way down from the Trump years. All I intend to do is get people to vote. We have to purge every single Republican from office. State elections are so important. People need to focus on their legislatures.

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2021 1:19 PM

You're crazy. He is a massive failure and complete joke not only in the eyes of the vast majority of Americans but in the world. Wake up and leave your bubble.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2021 3:49 AM

In a new Rasmussen poll, 52% of voters think President Joe Biden should resign over the withdrawal in Afghanistan.

Rasmussen reports it was a phone survey of likely American voters.

Rasmussen reported on September 1st, "Last night we recorded a new low single-overnight approval result in President Biden's job approval history and today he will set a record low in our 3-day rolling approval avg. And this is not even the worst news we have from all voters for him this morning."

Rasmussen also reported, 60% of voters agree with a statement last week by South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham: “I think Joe Biden deserves to be impeached because he’s abandoned thousands of Afghans who fought with us and he’s going to abandon some American citizens because he capitulated to the Taliban to a 31 August deadline.”

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2021 3:52 AM

Here's what both scares me and pisses me off: Joe's job approval ratings are going back up. Poll released yesterday has him at 53%. so as soon as the media stops their negative slant, and their hysteria, his numbers go up. The power of the media is on full display in the way they manipulate voter reactions to events. That pisses me off because the mainstream media, TV news, almost force people to find alternative choices and a lot of those choices are bad. Misinformation and propaganda fill the void.

I'm thoroughly sick of Jake Tapper with his "Gotcha Game." He had someone on last night, ex military who has been busy helping evacuate more people since the we left at the deadline. He asked them a question regarding the number of people that still needed to leave or wanted to leave and the guy speculated about it being maybe around 2,000 or something, and he was talking about how they were working closely with the State Department and they could give out too much information because it was too dangerous.

Then they said something else praising Biden and State Dept. and Jake said, "Yeah but here's what the Secretary of State said just last week:" and the number was much lower than 2,000 the Secretary guessed no more than maybe 1 o 2 hundred, maybe less..." trying to make the administration look bad, and this guy got upset and told Tapper he worked closely with State, and the numbers vary for a reason, and Jake would not stop messing with this guy who is doing heroic work. Do you need to be a rocket scientist to understand how fluid and sensitive that information is? Tapper had to framed it to make viewers feel like this administration is lying to us or they're too confused to know what's going on. I turned him off after that and I was pissed all evening.

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2021 1:07 PM

Sick of the Klan contingent on here bashing Biden. it's Surviving Angel and the other magas.

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2021 12:32 AM

Biden is kicking ass. Say what you want to him he is getting things done faster than any other president in modern history. I back him 1000%

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2021 7:28 AM

Gays want every Afghani to move to the US. Every single one.

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2021 3:35 PM

No Gay's only want the hot ones. You can keep the fug ones in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2021 5:53 AM

Gay men are pathetic ^. Mental.

by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2021 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!