Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Frusciante murdered River Phoenix!

Here is a video that Johnny Depp filmed at Frusciante home in Hollywood Hills the year River died( 93). I’m trying to find out if this was filmed after rivers death some say it was. Was Depp setting John up for insanity defense. This video is chilling and disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 14, 2022 8:02 PM

It's been public knowledge that Frusciante was the one who gave River the brown heroin 25 years ago. He was trusting because it was from a friend took it not knowing what it was or that the dosage could drop a horse.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2021 7:46 PM

And the terrible irony in the tragedy is that River usually was the one who was giving the brown to others.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Just finding this out now? This is what Johnny Depp helped to minimize and provided cover for JF. The chickens are coming home to roost for Depp, all these years later.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2021 7:48 PM

But was it murder murder?

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2021 7:49 PM

You can trace Johnny Depp's decline to just after this episode. I think it's wrecked him in so many ways and continues to fester, as it should.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Depp had closed the Viper Room for a week after River's death out of respect. But his club was better known for being a drug den rather than a night club for music and he condoned all the drug dealing that was going on, and perhaps was in on it.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2021 7:58 PM

I didn't watch the posted video but at the Viper Room, Frusciante gave River something to drink that was laced with the heroin. He didn't actually say "here, drink this heroin", but River was without good judgement and he downed it. There was no snorting, or injecting and River didn't have track marks. Frusciante went into hiding under the assumption that he was going to be arrested for murder. River's family declined to pursue the matter.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2021 7:59 PM

R7, yes! And it was also laced with cocaine . In fact, the non alcoholic drink Frusciante gave River consisted of 3x lethal levels of heroin and 8X lethal amounts of cocaine . You tell me who the hell drinks cocaine and or heroin ! Whoever made that drink, intended to kill .

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2021 8:52 PM

River had no idea what was really in that drink . River had a cold that night and Frusciante said “ Here Riv, drink this, you’ll feel fabulous.”

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2021 8:54 PM

River’s mom stopped the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2021 8:56 PM

R10 His mother is a bit nutty as is the whole Phoenix clan. A family full of freaks not unlike the Jacksons. The mother also raised her children in a cult.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2021 8:58 PM

Fuck off, OP. If JF gave River the lethal dose, he did not knowing it was lethal. It's a very sad situation, bit the fact is that no one forced River to take the drugs.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2021 8:59 PM

R8 you're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2021 9:00 PM

R10 Ask Depp how it all managed to "go away". Some who know what happened were up and coming in '93 and many are now in much better positions today. Few want to be associated with Depp, for a variety of reasons, but those with long memories don't plan to be forgiving.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2021 9:04 PM

R13, The autopsy showed that River had no needle marks, nor any sign of snorting the drug . The coroner wanted to do further testing of stomach contents and River’s pimp mom halted it . No one drinks a speedball!!

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2021 9:07 PM

R14, a big coverup occurred.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2021 9:08 PM

River wasn’t an angel himself, I knew the late Rodney Harvey, who played Gary in MOPI with River and his fan and friends still to this day blame River for getting Rodney into doing heroin when making MOPI

Everyone in Philly is aware of this

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2021 9:11 PM

R17 Do you have more gossip about River or Rodney? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2021 9:15 PM

R18 We want penis size.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2021 9:16 PM

R18 TONS

I’m good friends with one of the guys Rodney was best friends with in Philly, his name is Mark and he lives in Philly too like me

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2021 9:20 PM

A lot of mendacity around River . River truly had a great , luminous light and he deserves justice.

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2021 9:22 PM

R18 Paul Morrissey discovered Rodney walking in NYC and then drove down to his neighborhood in South Philly, and he also expressed interest in Rodney’s buddies Mark and Donnie

I think Rodney may have been bisexual for career opportunities, he certainly wasn’t homophobic, his manager the openly gay Allan Mindel was in love with him and had him living with him off and on for years, even making Rodney his “personal assistant “ at one point

But I also know for a fact that Rodney fucked a lot of women

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2021 9:24 PM

People in this thread are making shit up. Depp did nothing to "make it go away." It's like Russian disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2021 9:25 PM

Joaquin was the Phoenix family's new breadwinner. They didn't want him dragged into court.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2021 9:27 PM

River Phoenix killed River Phoenix. And that is all.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2021 9:29 PM

R24, exactly! R25, not true in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2021 9:34 PM

R20 Then spill, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2021 9:37 PM

OP just broke the the 1st rule of the fight club… The Hollywood Version.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2021 9:50 PM

The truth will set Hollywood free

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2021 9:52 PM

Just that River insisted that everyone acting in MOPI should try heroin because the two street hustlers the film was based on, who were in the movie, and who lived with River, Keanu and Rodney in the house while filming, were using heroin

River thought it would make their performances better, Rodney went along because he himself was starstruck and enamored of River and Keanu

When Rodney’s addiction got out of control and River dead , in between jail and rehab stints, he would come home to Philly and even worked regular jobs but would relapse and would tell everyone that “River Phoenix got me into this”

Prior to MOPI, Rodney drank and did coke in occasion but he didn’t become a full on junkie and didn’t start

Also Allan Mindel was Rodney’s “ride or die” who always came to his rescue and was there for him when his relationships with women ended, the open gay Allan was the one constant in his life and to quote Rodney’s good friend David Arquette in the 1998 Premiere magazine article, “Allan loved Rodney and put up with a lot of his shit and Rodney knew that Allan loved him and in his own way, Rodney loved Allan too”

Also in 1996, Allan moved Rodney in his home (aha) and made him his “personal assistant “

My friend, who was Rodney’s best friend growing up, has a picture that Rodney sent him from that time with his arm around Allan and Allan is holding a poodle. They look like gay lovers in the picture

Rodney was a very interesting character, extremely sweet and masculine but he would cry and show emotion easily

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2021 9:53 PM

River wasn't a drug addict in the sense that we're led to assume but he did use recreationally. The autopsy showed no effects of long term drug use, no tracks, liver damage, teeth or gum erosion. He was in very good health. Aside from the consumption itself, another part of the problem that night was the delay in calling 911, due his family and friends attempting to preserve the clean image he displayed publicly. Not sure given the lethal dosage he consumed that emergency care would have helped anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2021 9:54 PM

River was not a hard core drug user . The autopsy showed a healthy young man according to his organs. There’s a lot of lies coming out of the Viper Room .

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2021 9:55 PM

R31! Frusciante yelled at Samantha Mathis who was panicking and crying as river convulsed on cold sidewalk, shut the fuck up, you’re spoiling his high.”

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2021 9:57 PM

Except it won’t, R29. Not until a certain old fucker drops dead, and “he who shall not be named” is still alive and kicking.

And his name ain’t John or Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2021 9:57 PM

Frusciante resented and I believe envied River . Or possibly lusted after River and River rejected him. Frusciante was a very dark character in 93

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2021 9:58 PM

R34, Joaquin?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2021 9:58 PM

R30 Thank you! Any more stories about River?

I have always been interested in the early 90s Hollywood scene around River and the Viper Room.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2021 9:59 PM

He was taken out through a side door onto Sunset. The front of the club was actually on Larrabbe St. I guess when someone is throwing up and convulsing exiting via the front door is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2021 10:01 PM

R36, you think Joaquin or anyone at that club on that night had or has even today, the MONEY and pull to make everyone STFU and make everything just go away???

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2021 10:02 PM

I'd like to try a weak drink of heroin.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2021 10:02 PM

The minute River downed the Dixie cup( true) he immediately vomited on the table.River said “ something is wrong “ and asked or demanded Frusciante “ what the fuck did you give me?”it was a poisonous drink .

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2021 10:04 PM

R7 & R10 mention that the family/mother stopped the investigation. How does one stop a police investigation of a possible manslaughter case? It seems odd that it would be in the family’s purview.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2021 10:05 PM

Keep talking shit on this thread and you just might, R40.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2021 10:05 PM

R37 just through Rodney, like I said, I knew Rodney when I was a kid and he was already trying to make a name for himself in Hollywood

As a bisexual guy myself, it was always IMPLIED by his family and even friends that Rodney had a gay thing going with Allan, of course no one would SAY IT but you know how that is

Rodney dated famous women like Roxanna Zal, Amanda Anka and his costar in Salsa, who Rodney therw a lighter at expecting her to catch it , she asked for the lighter, but she did and it hit her in the face, they came and went but not Allan Mindel

In fact when Rodney was working as Allan’s personal assistant in 96/97, Allan got him an audition with MOPI director GUS van Sant for the role that Casey Affleck ended up doing in Good Will Hunting but Rodney relapsed and a heartbroken Allan caught him shooting up and kicked him out of his house

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2021 10:05 PM

No one drinks a speedball! And the content would have killed 3 people.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2021 10:05 PM

R36 they didn't, but someone sure did.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2021 10:09 PM

R37 Rodney also hung with Kenny Ortega, who choreographed his dance moves in a Menudo video and then Salsa, Paul Morrissey, Andy Warhol (he’s mentioned as “little Rodney Harvey” in the Andy Warhol Diaries) and that whole group

Even a young RuPaul and other drag queens from 80s NYC have mentioned him as being a friend and saying what a sweetheart he was and how funny he was

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2021 10:14 PM

R42 Multiple witnesses report Person A hands Person B a Dixie cup and tells them to drink it. Person B drinks from the cup, vomits, convulses and is dead within the hour. Autopsy shows oral consumption of heroin and cocaine caused death. In the world of law and order, what's next? In Hollywood, what's next is a funeral and burial.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2021 10:34 PM

I was a huge fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers. When I saw this interview with John Frusciante, I started disliking him.

IMO, River Phoenix (rich, famous, beautiful, troubled - molested as child, used by his family) would have every reason in the world to be a heavy drug user.

Usually, I chalk ODs up to the user's own intent or miscalculation. If it's true that RP had no track marks when he died, I do think it's suspicious.

I don't understand wanting to give someone more drugs than you know they can handle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2021 11:59 PM

John waves his dick around within the first minute of R49, enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2021 12:07 AM

R49, river did not know what was in cup an certainly did not know it was heroin and coke . Who the hell drinks a Belushi?

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2021 12:21 AM

Who mixed the drink? Was John F even questioned by police? If it were a possible criminal matter, why would River’s mom even have a say in there being an autopsy or not?

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Why would top musician John F want River dead?

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Good questions r52 . I suspect big coverup

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2021 12:24 AM

John F voluntarily quit the peppers and dedicated his life around getting loaded . I believe he was jealous of River or angry with River over something in his mind . Frusciante seems psychotic to me .

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2021 12:25 AM

R52 There was an autopsy and those details are found online. I'm sure there was an investigation, but I'm not a legal expert so can't speculate about what did/did not happen as a result.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2021 12:27 AM

R6 JD not only closed the Viper Room for a period of time, he moved to fucking France and ran from the US.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2021 12:29 AM

There’s no statute of limitations on murder . More will be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2021 12:29 AM

Is River's open-casket funeral picture legit? It looks somewhat off. Also it's interesting the absolute silence around the family's sectarian past, even Joaquin denied River's admission about being molested.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2021 12:29 AM

R59 it's legit and it's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2021 12:31 AM

His parents brought him up in the Children of God cult. He "lost his virginity" at age 4.

His mother is not someone I'd rely on to seek truth about his death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2021 12:31 AM

R59 I believe his body was not embalmed, his hair was dyed black for the film he was working on, and it was a rushed preparation followed by cremation.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2021 12:37 AM

Plus R62, his face was bruised as he violently convulsed on hard cement .

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2021 12:43 AM

"Moses" Berg self-declared prophet and protégée of people like Gaddafi, he was rumoured to be in league with the jet set in a child trafficking network, River's death coincided with a crackdown operation on them by Argentina, officials described professionally trained soldiers at their compounds, condoms inside books and the torn hymens of little girls, among its devotees was an Italian duke elevated by "Moses" to regal style. Berg was a racist, anti-semitic, homophobe who claimed that God got back to River through his overdose for making MOPI, which they anathemised for being about homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2021 12:44 AM

This is fascinating r64,where did you hear this? I totally Believe it too . Berg was raping his granddaughters.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2021 12:57 AM

Froosh, u in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2021 1:51 AM

Bump for justice

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2021 2:49 PM

What role did Depp’s missing Viper Room partner have in any of this?

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Good question r68. And why did Depp flee to Europe permanently?

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2021 3:09 PM

Frusciante has the face and aura of a demon in human form. Never liked him, ever.

by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2021 5:27 PM

R70, yes , he’s very dark energy

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2021 5:43 PM

R65 Mostly of what I have read in books or in the web pages of ex-Family members. They even have one for River, with documents made by the sect about him. As for the Gaddafi and other things, you can search it up, and you shall find several results about all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2021 7:58 PM

R65 All that's missing is the address of the pizzeria.

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2021 8:10 PM

R69, There was a lawsuit over profits that the guy was being screwed over for. Supposedly, Depp had some other silent investors that were of the criminal element.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2021 8:29 PM

This topic is a bit old, still, two things have to be taken into consideration : the fact that his parents never really left the cult (and were still members - or at least "friends" of the cult - in 1993, but I do believe they were still members), and the fact that it might be possible that someone gave Frusciante a cup, and, that someone lied about what was inside (GHB ? GHB was used at that time, it makes you feel fabulous, and it's liquid, no taste, so that you can swallow it right away - "Drink this River, it'll make you feel fabulous". Frusciante, user, knows that neither heroin nor cocaine make you femme fabulous or high when you swallow them, because you do not swallow them). No one drinks heroin or cocaïne. Period. Speedball are injected or snorted, not drunk. Besides, the effect of cocaine when you swallow it is not "a high", it is a heart attack. And just that. You suddenly can't breathe and boom, your heart collapses. We must get rid of the "he was an addict" stuff (he wasn't, at the time of his death), and get rid of the judgements (another actor dying of a drug overdose), and if truth matters, go deep into the history of the cult, especially in the early 90's, that was pretty wild for them in 1993. Go into, as well, River Phoenix's past, and biological parents (in the late 70's). Go into lies. Have a good time researching (almost everything is online, and in books - testimonies from ex-members) Sensationalism is useless. Facts. Chronology. Cheers. So sorry he's been poisoned to death.

by Anonymousreply 75February 14, 2022 5:20 PM

People, please. This was just beaten to death in a recent thread about RP's death anniversary. The "death in a Dixie cup" story is a fantasy. River Phoenix's career was teetering on the brink at that point due to dysfunction and drug problems attested to by those working on his last projects. He was a rocker wannabe trying to debauch like the Chili Peppers and was doing so before going to the VR that night. Multiple eyewitnesses confirmed that River Phoenix arrived at the club so messed up he couldn't walk straight and could barely stand, and made multiple trips to the restroom to ingest further. He did it to himself, kiddies. Yes, there was evidence that his friends/family waited a fatal interval before calling 911 while he was on the ground outside, but even they are not responsible for what happened. River Phoenix was responsible.

by Anonymousreply 76February 14, 2022 6:04 PM

Hey "Kiddy", that is quite a fast reply to say that. You are so wrong. Best Regards.

by Anonymousreply 77February 14, 2022 6:12 PM

The River Phoenix kiddie brigade went into the Viper Room death anniversary thread and totally took it off the rails a couple of months ago with this Dixie Cup Murder fantasy stuff. Here they are, at it again. What is it about the late River that brings these types out of the woodwork?

by Anonymousreply 78February 14, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote] I knew the late Rodney Harvey, who played Gary in MOPI with River

You’re so full of bullshit R17. Are you the same loon who keeps posting first person accounts in multiple other threads just to make a point? You sound unhinged

by Anonymousreply 79February 14, 2022 6:35 PM

What is "unhinged" is to say he did it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 80February 14, 2022 7:28 PM

I don't know what unhinged is (I know, but that is a so convenient excuse for people), and I don't give a F. anyway, but he did not did it to himself. He did not did it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2022 7:40 PM

OP is an obsessed loon. That video proves absolutely nothing. John may have given River some of the drugs that killed him, but it wasn't intentional, you fucking stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 82February 14, 2022 7:41 PM

John Frusciante would have never given something lethal to RP. Is it necessary to say again that if he knew the cup contained heroin and cocain he would have never given it to River because this drugs are not meant to be drunk ? The only popular and "easy" drug that was meant to be drunk in 1993 was GBH.

by Anonymousreply 83February 14, 2022 7:51 PM

autocorrect : damnit GHB, not GBH !

by Anonymousreply 84February 14, 2022 7:52 PM

I’m grateful for the mute button.

Who killed River? Well, he killed himself through addiction.

by Anonymousreply 85February 14, 2022 7:58 PM

I'm grateful too for the mute button. So useful ! Non, he did not killed himself through addiction. Go back to your TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 86February 14, 2022 8:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!