Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave Luke Macfarlane will be Billy Eichner’s Love Interest in Universal’s Bros, first gay rom com from a studio

But he can do better than Billy! Will Billy’s character be rich or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2022 11:54 AM

Definitely tempted to go and see it at the cinema.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2021 6:32 PM

Just goes to show you how quickly fortunes can come in Hollywood, Macfarlane appears to have been leaning into a career in woodworking when he got this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2021 8:20 PM

Well he's infinitely hotter than Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2021 9:16 PM

Not remotely the first gay rom com from a studio.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2021 1:19 AM

R4 = thinks he knows more that Deadline

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2021 1:25 AM

How long will it be before Eichner and the studio are accused of being racist for having 2 white men as the leads?

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2021 1:29 AM

R6. Oh give it a fucking rest. Your own racist paranoia is just tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2021 1:34 AM

Billy was good on the street. But he is a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2021 1:40 AM

Is this going to be the Pretty Woman for the next generation?

In that this is highly implausible that someone like Luke would go for a Billy, just as it was implausible that a whore would find a rich Prince Charming who sweeps her off her feet?

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2021 1:42 AM

R7, you know the fact that neither lead is a POC will be brought up before the movie by some. The cast will probably be asked about it in some press junkets. I'll be sure to bump this thread when it happens just to show that I was right.

R8, Billy is a bad actor and Luke is just a decent actor. I'm not sure that portends good things for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]I'll be sure to bump this thread when it happens just to show that I was right.

Bully for you. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2021 2:23 AM

Well, it'd be more believable if they picked someone that equalled Eichner's looks but, okay. I guess Eichner's character has money.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2021 2:55 AM

The mainstream media will not care that both leads are white, but they will be excoriated by the HRC and GLAAD for not casting a BIPOC trans.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2021 12:16 PM

he's cute, but not cute enough to balance out eichners ugly face and obnoxiousness

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2021 12:26 PM

Compared to fare like “Eating Out,” this can only go up.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2021 12:34 PM

This movie is going to fucking suck. Judd Apatow movies are always fucking horrible and Billy is a shitty actor. I do not believe it will be worse than Trainwreck, however, which was a certifiable train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2021 7:44 PM

This is like Harvey Fierstein casting a young Mathew Broderick as his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote]Well, it'd be more believable if they picked someone that equalled Eichner's looks but, okay.

You just know they had asked M*tt B*mer first and went with this as the other openly gay but hot alternative.

While I like to look at Luke, he's not the greatest actor in the world. "GET THE GUY FROM COUNTLESS HALLMARK MOVIES THAT'S ACTUALLY GAY!"

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2021 8:18 PM

They would have not cast Bomer who would look slight against 6’3” Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2021 9:16 PM

Oh my. The look of this man as seen by your love for him is overestimated blindly. Even if Billy's character was bankrupt, they would have good chemistry without feeling somewhat strange.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2021 12:43 AM

Plus He's totally middle-aged.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2021 1:38 AM

The emergence of the Hurumph Queen at r20.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Eichner is a poor mans Paul Lynde.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote] Oh my. The look of this man as seen by your love for him is overestimated blindly. Even if Billy's character was bankrupt, they would have good chemistry without feeling somewhat strange.

Just curious what your native language is.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2021 1:52 AM

Ha! People in Western Europe have a high standard of living with access to high quality education and civil services.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2021 2:19 AM

⬆️ R20. Not R21.

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2021 2:27 AM

Understood, but I’m still wondering what your native language is.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2021 2:34 AM

I think this actor is a better fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2021 2:36 AM

I don’t see them together.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2021 2:53 AM

Will Luke play a hot but fading Hollywood C Lister who makes Hallmark movies? On the set of one, he meets Eichner, who is a flaming set designer and graduate of The Sheboygan Conservatory of Creative and Performing Arts?

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2021 3:07 AM

All the Vaseline will be on the lens..

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2021 3:12 AM

R27 Well, I’d rather not answer your question. So, maybe I could speak English more correctly than some of native speakers!

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2021 3:21 AM

I don’t get Universal making this film with Billy Eichner who has never carried a movie. Seems doomed.

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2021 3:36 AM

Judd Apatow has been based at Universal for years and they greenlit this to please him.

Not a fan of Apatow’s work but he is the one who 100% made this film possible.

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2021 9:56 AM

IIRC Apatow has wanted to use his deal at Universal to get a gay romcom made for a few years, it was first pitched with Andrew Rannells a few years ago but never materialized.

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2021 9:59 AM

And Judd will cast his wife and daughter as fag hags.

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2021 5:18 PM

R33, They're probably counting on Judd Apatow's "magic."

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2021 12:30 AM

Luke and Wentworth Miller were such a great couple......

Wentworth Miller stans were totally in denial: 'he's not gay!', 'he has a girlfriend', he's too busy to date', he's not ready to settle down'......blah, blah

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2021 1:52 AM

Luke is barely a TV star. Though I like him well enough.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2021 1:54 AM

Dan Levy has a MUcH bigger fan base. He should be the one with the first gay romcom .

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2021 1:57 AM

I agree R40. I’m not understanding why Billy is getting more work than Dan.

by Anonymousreply 41August 22, 2021 10:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2021 8:26 PM

What r34 said.

Apatow has been fighting to get a gay movie made for years. I respect him a lot for committing and finally getting it made.

A mainstream studio romcom staring two openly gay actors? Before we begin bitching let's acknowledge this is a really big deal!

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2021 8:34 PM

And people saying MacFarlane is hotter, duh. See Apatow's Knocked Up with Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigel. He had an average looking but funny guy with this hot girl. Same dynamic here.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2021 8:39 PM

Meanwhile, Luke's other (Christmas) gay rom-com, "Single All the Way" also has Jennifer Coolidge from "White Lotus." To premiere on Netflix near the end of this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2021 8:43 PM

I don’t know. I cringe that the major selling point of this is an all openly gay cast. Seems so obvious. I guess if they had a decent story they’d go with that so instead, they have to lead with this.

Describing ANY rom com as historic seems heavy-handed and more than a little self-congratulatory. Also, it kind of ensures that no one will go see this. I mean, big deal - a couple of drag queens and two middle- aged gay guys are making a movie together. Would’ve been better if the news was: this is a good movie.

And, also: Guy Branum? O-k. Unfunny writer of Q-Force and the even less funny The Other Two. On screen. Sounds like a winner.

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2021 8:55 PM

I don’t know about anyone else, but a lot of gay couples I know have one person much more (what I would consider) objectively/traditionally attractive than the other (money not being a factor), but then in gay circles (taking mine and friends opinions into account) I don’t think ‘traditional’ attractiveness necessarily equates to ‘sexy’. I find certain features about what might be considered ‘ugly’ to be very sexy (big noses / big ears / weird eyes) and also find the whole package (hands / thighs etc.) to factor heavily into what I find attractive in a man.

TL:DR conventional attractiveness doesn’t strongly correlate to subjective ideas of sexiness (more more important in a relationship) in gay culture, so to me, very few pairings don’t ‘make sense’.

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2021 8:56 PM

[Quote]Would’ve been better if the news was: this is a good movie.

What are you talking about r46? Its a casting announcement, the movie hasn't been made yet. What would they talk about other than the historic nature of the cast.

Man, some gay men are so self-loathing they twist themselves in circles to justify how they feel.

[Quote]the even less funny The Other Two.

Well if you don't like the Other Two I don't know what to say to you, show is good.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2021 9:02 PM

The Other Two is a comedy with a little “c”. It’s never made me laugh. Takes aim at obvious, tired topics. It doesn’t even have a premise.

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2021 9:06 PM

Billy Eichner Sets Historic LGBTQ Cast (With a Twist) for Universal’s ‘Bros’:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2021 9:24 PM

Well, straight comedian have been casting hot people out their leagues as love interests forever.

So I guess it’s gay uggos’ turn.

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2021 9:26 PM

I hate that Billy probably considers calling it ‘Bros’ to be subversive in some way. Like, I’m sure he thinks he’s really doing something with that. It’s just another page in the hetero-worship book that certain gays can’t stop reading (the types that would smile smugly if someone said that they are straight passing).

by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2021 9:28 PM

A Billy Eichner movie is “fortunate” or worth a “fortune,” r2?

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2021 9:29 PM

I see the anti-trans trolls have arrived. Good lord, Republicans are trying to use the Supreme Court to overturn gay marriage and Lawrence v Texas but you freaks think trans people are your biggest enemy

This is a milestone. Can't we celebrate instead of trying to bash trans people and non-white people?

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2021 9:33 PM

R5 hasn’t seen IN & OUT.

I DO know more than that Deadline writer, fuckwad! And a helluva lot more than you, obviously.

Are you some Zoomlennial? Where does your ignorance come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2021 9:34 PM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2021 9:36 PM

I'm pretty liberal with my genres -- for example, I think The Fly (1986) is more a tragic romance than it is a horror film -- but even I wouldn't classify In & Out as a rom-com. It's a straight up farce that features a love story, but that is not the primary focus of the film; rather, it's about Howard's journey out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2021 9:43 PM

Judd Apatow is a comic genius — better than 90 percent of comedy showrunners in Hollywood.

Y’all are just haters.

Neither Universal nor Apatow expect this to be a mainstream hit. It WILL make money, however, partly from my purchase.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2021 9:46 PM

Sorry, r40.

Kevin Klein was the main character of the first gay rom com.

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2021 9:48 PM

How does Billy have any clout or money? This seems like a slow moving disaster.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2021 9:58 PM

Farces are usually romantic comedies and In & Out absolutely plays and feels like a romantic comedy. There was a same-sex kiss.

You could also call The Birdcage a “gay romantic comedy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2021 10:01 PM

Billy is funny and surprisingly a good singer.

I’d rather have sex with Billy than Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2021 10:03 PM

No, sorry: the romance must be the primary narrative element in a rom-com, the engine that makes the story work, and if removed, you wouldn’t have a story at all. You can remove the romance from In & Out and still have a story.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2021 10:57 PM

The entire main cast with be LGBT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 24, 2021 2:52 AM

oh they were filming this in Provincetown when I was there two weeks ago

by Anonymousreply 65September 24, 2021 3:12 AM

Billy MAKING HISTORY!!!! Is he curing a disease? Changing the law? Shaping foreign policy? Saving the migrants at the border?

No - he’s casting several gay men to play straight BROS in a movie hardly anyone will see because the romantic lead is Billy Eichner.

Unless he’s being sarcastic, he needs to take it down a notch. I’ll see the movie and I’m glad it’s getting made - but these actors are so grandiose. It’s tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 66September 24, 2021 3:14 AM

I think he's leaning into the "historical" aspect of this film because he knows it will be a middling piece of shit. Kind of like how Crazy Rich Asians got a lot of praise for being historic even though it's pucky girl winning over snobs plot could have been written in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 67September 24, 2021 3:58 AM

Crazy Rich Asians was historic because there are hardly any mainstream American films where the main characters are all Asian. And there have been zero mainstream American films where the main characters are all played by out actors. Geez, some people here want to pretend prejudice doesn't exist

by Anonymousreply 68September 24, 2021 4:06 AM

If they'd done it 10 years ago Tuc Watkins would have been perfect.

I don't dislike Luke but I just find him a little bland. And he's already played the straight version of this a bajillion times.

by Anonymousreply 69September 24, 2021 4:12 AM

Outside of hollywood and fame bubbles, there is no way a guy who looked like Eichner would land a guy who looks like Luke.

Oddly, Luke is a Hallmark Channel rom-com darling. He's made many for them - he actually appears on lists of "actors who starred in the most Hallmark movies"

I find him rather appealing.

by Anonymousreply 70September 24, 2021 4:13 AM

I fully understand why CRA was considered historic, r68. Calm down. My point was that it was historic and old fashioned/unoriginal. I think Bros will be similar. Geez some people react instead of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 71September 24, 2021 4:22 AM

Satan’s play

by Anonymousreply 72September 24, 2021 3:31 PM

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I would be shocked if this really crosses over to mainstream audiences, or even finds much attraction from an entirely gay/lesbian audience -- aside from gay men deep into the scene, the LGBTQ+ cast will be a turn-off. Meanwhile, the T and Q contingent will call for a boycott because the film centers cis white gay men, and the Ls will simply not be interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 24, 2021 4:06 PM

exactly what R73 said.

Dan Levy is making a rom com too. He will cast all straights.

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2021 4:16 PM

Personality aside I think Billy is very attractive. He's tall, furry, beautiful blue eyes, and say what you will but at least he has a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 75September 24, 2021 4:19 PM

R73 is trying to attack trans people when, if this gets protested at all, the people complaining will probably be conservatives

by Anonymousreply 76September 24, 2021 4:46 PM

Oh, I'm sure there will be conservatives protesting. I imagine people like Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh will rail against the film on their podcasts, insisting it's yet another example of the decline of America.

by Anonymousreply 77September 24, 2021 4:49 PM

I enjoyed Luke McF in Killjoys.

by Anonymousreply 78September 25, 2021 4:11 AM

In all of the press I've read, only the words "Queer" and of course the ridiculous "LGBTQI+" are used to describe the film's cast.

NOBODY is Gay! Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 79September 25, 2021 7:51 AM

He looks handsome in R64 's pic. Even teeth.

by Anonymousreply 80September 25, 2021 10:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2021 9:56 PM

Eichner came for the sweet, funny, and talented Ross Matthews five years ago in a really hostile and entitled manner.

In American Crime Story Impeachment, the stuff I learned about Matt Drudge was due to the screenplay and direction. Eichner brought nothing extra to the role.

Billy, go back to the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2021 10:23 PM

Can't believe Billy overshadowed Dan Levy's Netflix RomCom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2021 10:24 PM

Billy is fug. Is this going to be the gay version of Beauty and the Beast?

by Anonymousreply 84October 5, 2021 12:55 AM

Looks like Luke is going to be a lover interest in another gay movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 6, 2021 7:36 PM

Does Hollywood think ALL gay couples are a black man and a white man, r85? It sure seems like it.

by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2021 7:43 PM

A rom com is the furthest thing from a documentary, R86. If this offends your delicate sensibilities, feel free not to watch.

by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2021 8:14 PM

You are literally posting in a thread about a rom com that will start two white guys r86....?

by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote]Does Hollywood think ALL gay couples are a black man and a white man...

No. Sometimes they think it's an Asian man and a black man. And when it's Henry Golding (half-Asian) and Parker Sawyers, it works out just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 6, 2021 8:29 PM

The point is: why is it never a white guy and a Chinese guy? or a Latino guy and a South Asian dude? or a Native American guy and an Arab? With the exception of the subject of this thread, it's always a black guy and an X guy. I wouldn't even notice it if it didn't seem so deliberate, patronizing, and, well, not diverse.

by Anonymousreply 90October 6, 2021 8:41 PM

R90, if you've seen any of the Jeffrey Dahmer films, they always pair a white guy with a South Asian.

by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2021 9:11 PM

It would be so great to see Luke and Trevor Donovan playing a gay couple on a movie.

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2021 9:16 PM

R90 your anti-blackness has made you think there’s a situation like you’ve described happening, when in reality, there isn’t. Get help lol.

by Anonymousreply 93October 6, 2021 9:57 PM

Filming Friday on the UWS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 6, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] In that this is highly implausible that someone like Luke would go for a Billy, just as it was implausible that a whore would find a rich Prince Charming who sweeps her off her feet?

Is it really? I used to think so then I realized that all the recent gay or bi athletes that came out date very stereotypical flamboyant gays and/or smart nerdy types.

by Anonymousreply 95October 6, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote]Does Hollywood think ALL gay couples are a black man and a white man,

We're in a thread discussing a romcom about two white men who will play a couple after also touching base on a movie where a white guy is with a black guy AND another white guy. Also, someone mentioned Dan Levy whose series, Schitt's Creek featured two white men in a relationship.

So I'm not sure where the hell you're getting "all" from?

by Anonymousreply 96October 6, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote]Describing ANY rom com as historic seems heavy-handed and more than a little self-congratulatory

Context is everything. This one is historic not because it's a rom com but because it's a gay rom com. It's so obvious only a moron would have trouble understanding that.

by Anonymousreply 97October 6, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote]Does Hollywood think ALL gay couples are a black man and a white man,

Is EVERYBODY gay??

by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2021 12:44 AM

What do you think of Billy’s Bros look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2021 6:10 PM

This is filming in Jersey City right now. Wonder if there are scenes set there or if it is just standing in for NY.

by Anonymousreply 100October 21, 2021 2:52 AM

People talking about the look differential, so what? It is a trope in Hollywood. Look at all the "romantic" sitcoms where you have the average looking, working class guy with a supermodel looking wife, which is rarely true in real life. This is just the same-sex version.

by Anonymousreply 101October 21, 2021 3:00 AM

So a movie called Bros has lots of non binary and drag queens? This is the movie that will be embraced by everyone? Are these people high?

by Anonymousreply 102October 21, 2021 6:49 PM

McFarlane sure is a cutie. Look at those cheekbones and those heavy-lidded eyes.

by Anonymousreply 103October 21, 2021 6:56 PM

Trailer for Luke's upcoming gay romcom with Michael Urie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 11, 2021 2:08 AM

This will be a massive bomb.

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Eichner Is ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 106November 11, 2021 2:40 AM

So Michael Urie chooses the black guy over hunk Luke Macfarlane?

by Anonymousreply 107November 11, 2021 2:44 AM

What fucking retard would choose some random recently landed black guy over a hunting and fishing /real/ Canadian?

Is he insane?

by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2021 2:52 AM

R107. Just watched it. Outrageous. If Urie had a chance at Macfarlane he would jump over a hundred men to get at him!

by Anonymousreply 109December 13, 2021 10:19 PM

Yeah, but they needed to keep it PG and also predictable since it was obvious that he was going to end up with his black friend R109

by Anonymousreply 110December 13, 2021 10:22 PM

I think Philemon is much cuter than Luke, but this is DL so I realize that'll be an unpopular opinion. For reasons.

by Anonymousreply 111December 13, 2021 10:34 PM

I just watched him on some Netflix gay holiday dreck, how does that not count?

by Anonymousreply 112December 13, 2021 11:03 PM

Between Eichner and Macfarlane, that's a whole lot of nostril.

by Anonymousreply 113December 13, 2021 11:56 PM

Billy Eichner claps back at Aaron Sorkin over gay actor comments:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 21, 2021 8:02 PM

Does Aaron Sorkin even write gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 115December 21, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote]Billy Eichner claps back at Aaron Sorkin over gay actor comments

I refuse to read any article that uses "claps back" in its headline.

by Anonymousreply 116December 22, 2021 1:05 AM

How well will this do at the box office? I can’t imagine most audiences being interested in seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 117December 22, 2021 1:17 AM

R90, white Superman’s boyfriend is an ugly Asian.

by Anonymousreply 118December 22, 2021 1:22 AM

Which is a more realistic pairing - Luke's character with Billy Eichner's, or Luke's character with Michael Urie's?

Or rather, which is less of an impossible scenario?

by Anonymousreply 119December 22, 2021 1:25 AM

My same thought r115. Off the top of my head I can't think of Aaron Sorkin ever writing gay characters into his projects.

by Anonymousreply 120December 22, 2021 1:42 AM

I would watch Luke MacFarlane in anything. I don't care that he's not the best actor around, but he sure is purty..

by Anonymousreply 121December 22, 2021 3:05 AM

The problem with Luke is that he does no nude scenes... what with his Hallmark channel Christmas rom-com persona and all.

by Anonymousreply 122December 22, 2021 6:50 AM

No, the premise doesn’t sound appealing.

What’s with all the rom com bullshit? It’s such a dead genre at the box office. Maybe it’s because the only rom coms that have been successful were diversity ones like “Rich Crazy Asians” and making a gay one will bring in the box office money?

I feel like gay humor is always dumbed down in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 123December 22, 2021 7:18 AM

R123, Love, Simon didn’t do too well at the box office. But even if there is a potential for a gay rom com to do well at the box office, why would ANYONE be interested in seeing Billy Eichner? I’d rather see a gay rom com starring Zac Efron or Chris Evans, even if they are straight. I don’t care about Billy Eichner, he’s a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 124December 22, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] I feel like gay humor is always dumbed down in Hollywood.

Well, duh! Mainstream doesn't like clever. And Hollywood is trying to appeal to the mainstream.

Gays alone can't make a movie or TV show a commercial success. Gays, the LGBT Community and their allies? Maybe. The mainstream? For sure.

by Anonymousreply 125December 22, 2021 7:31 AM

I have a suspicion that the Harry Styles gay movie will do better at the box office, Harry Styles is more interesting than Billy Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 126December 22, 2021 7:55 AM

Harry Styles has crazy fans who would eat shit if he said it's cool.

by Anonymousreply 127December 22, 2021 10:22 AM

Mainstream gay movies is not meant for gays themselves but for straight frau.

by Anonymousreply 128December 22, 2021 11:01 AM

r128, that's because Fraus spend money on stuff they like. Gays bitch and moan that it's not up their standards. When was the last time a gay movie or TV show made by Gays (exclusively) for Gays was successful?

Some posters at DL love to complain, but I don't see them supporting anything gay. They rather look forward to push Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti into a grease fire than spend some time to praise their idea of good gay entertainment. It's almost like they are a bunch of homophobic trolls and haters.

by Anonymousreply 129December 22, 2021 11:10 AM

[quote]But even if there is a potential for a gay rom com to do well at the box office, why would ANYONE be interested in seeing Billy Eichner? I’d rather see a gay rom com starring Zac Efron or Chris Evans, even if they are straight. I don’t care about Billy Eichner, he’s a nobody.

The problem is that A-list stars (well, for anyone who thinks of Zac Efron as A-list) would never do a gay rom-com for anything in the world. They are only willing to play gay if it's a dramatic role with the possibility of an Oscar or Emmy as the payoff for doing something so "brave."

by Anonymousreply 130December 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Luke and Trevor Donovan would be a better casting.

by Anonymousreply 131December 22, 2021 3:45 PM

I would change the title from "Bros" to "Whose Your Daddy?" and have it star Luke Macfarlane and Connor Jessup. All-Canadian, all gay, all day.

by Anonymousreply 132December 22, 2021 3:52 PM

god eichner is disgusting

luke is a real cutie though

by Anonymousreply 133December 22, 2021 4:30 PM

R6 shut up faggot

by Anonymousreply 134December 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Who's Your Daddy, not Whose...

by Anonymousreply 135December 23, 2021 1:31 AM

Soon to be re-titled "Beauty and the Beast.: The Gay Update"

by Anonymousreply 136December 23, 2021 4:19 AM

I wonder If Luke knows that the producer of this movie is a homophobic pos...

He (the producer) supports that gay men is attracted to pussy and thinks that a penis in a vagina is gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2022 11:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!