Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NOW can everyone finally admit it should have been Pete?

Things would've been different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2021 2:25 PM

Let's just see how he does with Transportation, first. If he gets me on my cruise ship, I will buy it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2021 6:21 PM

Bwa ha ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2021 6:21 PM

Americans demanded a geriatric.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2021 6:21 PM

Pete never would have beaten Trump. Biden barely did. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2021 6:23 PM

As much as you may love Pete we know he could not have beat trump. Maybe next time.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2021 6:24 PM

After 4 years of a president who kept sharting himself, Americans didn't want a president who cum farts.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2021 6:24 PM

R6 he’s a top

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2021 6:24 PM

If you think America, especially in its current state of affairs, will elect a gay man for president, you're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2021 6:25 PM

We love Pete. We see the future in Pete. Pete would have lost in 2020 and we'd be stuck with that homicidal lunatic again.

President Biden was a decent candidate and he's a decent president. We're happy with the choice we made. Give the shit-stirring a rest, kid, you're not very good at it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2021 6:28 PM

OP = little Marco Rubio

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2021 6:30 PM

A President with absolutely no national political experience? What could go wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2021 6:30 PM

The fact that we have not had a woman president yet means we're still decades away from an openly gay man as president. I don't expect to see it in my life time and I'm 44.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2021 6:31 PM

I thought we would have a woman before a black man. History is tricky.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2021 6:32 PM

He didn't have enough experience, so we voted for a guy with 47 years in government who never accomplished anything.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2021 6:34 PM

No, OP.

Current circumstances are too chaotic and serious to have a novice politician at the helm. I was not a fan of Joe Biden, but I think there is something to be said for experience and forged relationships in this critical period of the USA’s history.

Pete is simply too green to navigate us through such dangerous terrain. And as another poster said, let him reveal himself in his current position first (which is a big step up for mayor of a small town). I get the love for him on DL, but let us be realistic.

Biden is/was going to be challenged and likely experience difficulty. We are in a maelstrom....aftermath of corrupt and crazy Trump admin, Covid, Climate devastation, mental illness and instability running wild amongst the populace, etc. Being president at this time is/was going to be exceedingly challenging.

It’s too soon for the new brigade to helm the ship. We still are in the “handover phase” of transitioning from the old way of life to the new. Joe is a bridge pres. and right where he needs to be at this time in history

Otherwise, the USA could get washed away.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2021 6:35 PM

Sure, the withdraw might have happened but would Pete have been able to get Infrastructure passed or the last COVID bill? Pete's been helpful, as every Secretary is when it's legislation they are involved with, but Biden seems to be making the best of a tough situation in DC. Pete would still be learning the ropes, like Obama. Both are smart young men, that still have to learn the art of politics if they wish to be successful in DC. Sorry, Mayor of a small town and a State legislator turned (forever out of town) Senator are not it.

Look how Biden manages Manchin. He hits when needed without turning over the apple cart. I'm still 100% proud of supporting Biden, even if I'm ashamed of the situation in Afghanistan, leaving allies to die or get raped.

What I'm sad about is the fact that Hillary isn't in her 2nd term right now. She's the leader we missed out on working with. I'm excited to see Pete grow. I hope he upgrades the dogs and husband before he attempts another WH run.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2021 6:35 PM

Can you imagine who the First Lady will be when he upgrades?

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2021 6:37 PM

r17, hopefully someone not fat. Say what you will about our Presidents, the last one to bring in a fat spouse lost re-election. Then the one that brought a whore also lost re-election. So perhaps a fit, none-slutty husband would fit he bill. He's in DC, that is basically half of their boring DC gay population.

Make it happen Pete. Fire Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] He didn't have enough experience, so we voted for a guy with 47 years in government who never accomplished anything.

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2021 6:40 PM

He’s gay and too short, could never win.

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2021 6:42 PM

Enough threads about this guy! No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2021 6:43 PM

We do care, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2021 3:22 PM

He's too short for that gesture in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote] Enough threads about this guy! No one cares

And that’s why you’re here, to show everyone how little you care? Smart!

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2021 8:02 PM

Pete needs to be President. Brains and determination are needed. Pete has both.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2021 8:04 PM

I might be wrong but I remember Pete polling poorly with millennials. He seems like a boomer political figure because he doesn't have ambitious ideas for changing the country. Personally I've never bought what he's selling.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2021 8:12 PM

Pete checked many of the boxes to be a good president but at the same time he have so many detractors even from the left. Black and other ethnic minorities wont vote for a married gay man the same with suburban fraus who might be liberal on the surface but wont hide feeling icky in the ballot box. The more progressive folks see him yet another privileged mediocre white male politician with race problem. And then you have an entire conservative demographic unified in stopping a sodomite from occupying the White House.

She will never be a president.

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2021 8:41 PM

Fuck the progressive left, R27. They'll never get one of their own elected; they just like to shit over anyone who doesn't pass their purity test. They are the deplorables of the left.

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote]Fuck the progressive left, [R27]. They'll never get one of their own elected; they just like to shit over anyone who doesn't pass their purity test. They are the deplorables of the left.

Damn the Republicans for making "progressive left" a thing. The progressives are exactly why we have gay marriage right now. Yesterday's progressives are tomorrow's centrists.

[quote]Black and other ethnic minorities wont vote for a married gay man the same with suburban fraus who might be liberal on the surface but wont hide feeling icky in the ballot box.

The black vote went to Biden, Sanders then Warren in that order. The latino vote went to Sanders, Biden then Warren. The gay vote went to Warren. The progressive vote went to Sanders then Warren.

The gay man couldn't even get the gay vote.

Beyond all of that, by sheer virtue of population numbers, there were a great amount of white, "liberal" or "centrist" Christians who would not have voted for him. Then there's the suburban fraus you mentioned who say one thing (Hillary4President!) then do another (votes for Trump because they can't stand the idea of Hillary as President) who always throw exit polls off.

[quote]The more progressive folks see him yet another privileged mediocre white male politician with race problem. And then you have an entire conservative demographic unified in stopping a sodomite from occupying the White House.

I liked Pete in the end. If he hadn't of run as a centrist and somehow walked the line between Warren and Biden he might have had a chance to at least win the primary. However, you stated, he still wouldn't have won the election. Biden was the only one who really could pull it off.

If and when we have our first gay President he'll have to be 6'4 and look as hot as JFK Jr. in his prime. He'll have to be a he, he'll have to be white, He'll have to have a husband that looks just as hot as him. They'll both have to be masc. They'll both have to sit up straight and keep their hands on their laps. Essentially it will be like when Obama was President. The amount of "care" that would go into such a Presidency to not screw it up for everyone else after him will be massive.

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2021 10:25 PM

Nobody thought Biden would be the best president, they just thought he would be the most likely to win running against Trump, and he did.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2021 10:33 PM

He would have lost because the black voters that put Biden over the top in Georgia, Michigan, and Pennsylvania would have stayed home.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2021 10:36 PM

Thanks, OP. I've supported Pete from day one. I knew Biden would ef things up.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2021 10:44 PM

Another person who thinks Buttigieg should have been president because he's a homo.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2021 10:52 PM

A lot of people in this thread are saying black voters would never vote for a gay man. But I think you miss the point (because most of DL has likely never spoken to a black person.)

They called him Mayo Pete, not Homo Pete. Their problem, by and large, was not that he was gay, but that he was an elitist white dude who was perceived to be totally out of touch with their problems.

What if it had been Ritchie Torres instead?

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2021 12:22 AM

The Boomers are going to burn up the planet before any millennial can become president

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2021 12:27 AM

LINK = Pete getting a verbal ass whipping....People Forget (or Ignore) that Pete WAS TESTED during his campaign... Getting screamed at and looking like he was going to break out in tears. This was Pete as a complete FAILURE. He might know how to speak different languages but he sure cannot win an argument.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2021 12:27 AM

R35 probably true.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2021 12:28 AM

R36 he looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Painful.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote]The fact that we have not had a woman president yet means we're still decades away from an openly gay man as president.

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote]Another person who thinks Buttigieg should have been president because he's a homo.

Right, because we love those other homos like Andrew Sullivan, Milo, Matt Drudge, and all the rest. Fuck off, shit-for-brains.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2021 12:33 AM

If we wanted presidendal, smart and energetic Pete would be president. He opened the door and America will progress. We're on the way for a young president regardless our sexual orientation or sex.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2021 12:44 AM

Will Petes MASCULINE Maga ex Girlfriend vote for him? Stefanik for Pete 2024!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2021 12:53 AM

Pete is going to have a hard time when he runs for ANY office and all of the countless apologies he has had to make start appearing in commercials. Kamala might not win but she sure is't going to let Miss Pete prance on her parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2021 1:04 AM

Oh I think he would have shredded Trump. Shred-ded. But I'm glad it's Biden even though I was for Pete since I first heard of him. Biden is a hero.

Getting some Beltway experience will make Pete a stronger candidate and a better president. It's all good.

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2021 1:09 AM

I went to one of his campaign stops in New Hampshire. He was impressive, but not electrifying. Not sure I was in the presence of a future POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2021 1:18 AM

I will never understand why any Democrat likes this guy. His biggest accomplishments as a college town mayor were gentrification and covering up for racist cops in the police department. When he left Harvard and could have punched his ticket anywhere, he chose to go to work at McKinsey, a consulting firm best known for its role in the Enron scandal, the 2008 housing bubble collapse, and helping drug companies figure out how to get more Americans addicted to painkillers. There’s a reason why the exit polls in Iowa showed his base of support came from older, white, wealthy, conservative voters.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2021 1:56 AM

He’s cute at OP

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2021 2:06 AM

Yes, OP. They would have been worse. Much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2021 2:57 AM

Pete should have been inside me.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2021 2:59 AM

[quote] If he hadn't of run as a centrist

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2021 2:59 AM

a homely gay man will never be president.

you're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2021 5:50 AM

People who think Pete can't be President are losers.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2021 3:09 AM

OP is Pete's Dragon.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2021 3:11 AM

No, R53, I just think he's the best man for President.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2021 6:10 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2021 6:19 PM

I was just thinking this morning how lucky he was to have avoided it.

This may not be the ruin of Biden (if he's nutty enough to try for a second term) or Harris, but it will come back to haunt them. The chaos of the pullout, the images of babies being tossed over fences, it will come back to haunt them. Pete's well clear of it.

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2021 6:25 PM

But you are assuming that Pete would have handed it the same way, R56. He wouldn't have, so there would have been no such images to haunt him.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2021 6:28 PM

Ok, psychic friend.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2021 6:29 PM

I don't know why you don't all have OP on ignore, he's all over Datalounge trashing Biden, Kamala, AOC, Nancy, etc. He's not a Democrat. He's a right wing troll who is only pretending to be a Democrat who likes Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Fuck off Trumper, R59.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Nothing to admit. Pete is another Neo, he would have been rotten.

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2021 7:06 PM

R59 you have no fucking clue. There are a lot of reasons to trash a lot of candidates. Maybe he is a leftie, we hate Nancy and Pete.

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2021 7:07 PM

"If he hadn't of run as a centrist ..."

Wow, R29 -- for a minute there, I thought you had something intelligent to say.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2021 7:45 PM

^ what is the of instead of have?

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote] Ok, psychic friend

Which psychic friend are you referring to? The ones who say Pete and chasten will split up? That Pete will have any affair with a person the psychic finds hot? Or the ones who say a gay man can never be elected? Or the ones who say Pete will never win?

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] I just think he's the best man for President.

OP/R54 - If you mean of another country, I might agree. The Marshall Islands, perhaps? I think he might enjoy Bear Island in Norway quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote] Maybe he is a leftie, we hate Nancy and Pete.

Extreme Left and the Extreme Right eventually meet in agreement.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote] I was just thinking this morning how lucky he was to have avoided it.

HE was lucky? HE? LOL. 300M people were lucky. He's like the worst parts of Biden and Harris combined into one monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2021 9:35 PM

Haha there is no extreme left in the US. Not even the left, really.

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2021 9:36 PM

R67 you could not be more wrong, you are talking about the dreadful centrists.

by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2021 7:51 AM

Isn't he pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Extreme politics eventually meet. There's not much difference between fascism and communism in a citizen's daily life.

by Anonymousreply 72August 21, 2021 11:31 AM

At first I though Pete would make a great VP with his sharp thinking and military background. Not to mention whoever has that seat has the ear of the Pres and will probably be best buds. But now I am glad he got this other position. It's looking very good that infrastructure will pass and if it does and he handles it well, he will probably be the only one coming out of the 4 years known for getting major stuff done. It's a good setup for his future. He probably has Joe's ear on everything anyways. I would not be surprised if he ends up running against Kamala. Maybe she ends up being the first person to serve as VP for two different Presidents.

Hey Kamala, it's Pete, want your job back?

by Anonymousreply 73August 21, 2021 11:46 AM

He will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 74August 21, 2021 12:41 PM

Stop lying R72

by Anonymousreply 75August 21, 2021 2:43 PM

He;s got that look - the JORDASH look

by Anonymousreply 76August 21, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote] Stop lying

Sorry, Xi Ping. Tell us all about the freedoms enjoyed in the Mainland. I'm sure Tibet and Hong Kong are drooling at the prospect.

by Anonymousreply 77August 21, 2021 3:04 PM

I like Pete a lot but he was not ready to be president. I think he's one of the brightest and most capable of the current crop of politicans. I originally thought he wasn't ready to be VP either but now believe he would be more effective than Kamala.

Regardless, Pete will be around for a long time. If Biden drops out, maybe he runs with Kamala in 2024. Or maybe 2028 is his turn if the Dems lose the WH in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 78August 21, 2021 3:12 PM

Pete and his husband are highly UNETHICAL for exploiting a woman’s body to deliver “their” baby.

by Anonymousreply 79August 21, 2021 3:19 PM

They adopted.

by Anonymousreply 80August 21, 2021 3:20 PM

Well some woman's body was exploited! I mean, that baby didn't get here by stork!

by Anonymousreply 81August 21, 2021 3:22 PM

R80 Really? No designer baby by a surrogate?

by Anonymousreply 82August 21, 2021 3:24 PM

R81 Usually women deliver their babies because of love and not just for money…..

by Anonymousreply 83August 21, 2021 3:25 PM

R78, whatever Pete does it won't be running with Kamala. She's finished, if she ever was.

by Anonymousreply 84August 21, 2021 3:27 PM

Yes R83, love of money.

by Anonymousreply 85August 21, 2021 3:27 PM

Good lord, no. He’s pro-trans, pro-Islam—is this what you want?

by Anonymousreply 86August 21, 2021 3:28 PM

R71 it’s chasten who is preggo. Remember his weight gain everyone was talking about?

by Anonymousreply 87August 21, 2021 3:32 PM

I know a woman who carries surrogate babies and she absolutely does it for the money. She's not being exploited, she's using her body for labor she wants to do and gets paid well for it.

by Anonymousreply 88August 21, 2021 3:36 PM

It’s their choice.

by Anonymousreply 89August 21, 2021 3:37 PM

My pussy, my cash cow!

by Anonymousreply 90August 21, 2021 3:38 PM

R88 Yeah, just like many prostitutes claim they are not exploited. But the business itself is exploitative in most cases. And it’s takes a huge toll on on their physical and mental health. This isn’t just another “service”.

by Anonymousreply 91August 21, 2021 3:42 PM

You don't get to speak for other people, r91. You can't say you're against women being exploited and at the same time say that women aren't allowed to make their own choices in life.

by Anonymousreply 92August 21, 2021 3:44 PM

Is it a choice if there's no viable alternative?

by Anonymousreply 93August 21, 2021 3:45 PM

Adults are free to choose how they live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 94August 21, 2021 3:46 PM

R94 Then a place like Pattaya must be the epitome of free choice and human rights, right? Maybe for white men ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 21, 2021 3:55 PM

R92 Drug user do it “by their own choice” as well, yet hard drugs are forbidden everywhere…..

by Anonymousreply 96August 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Pete wouldn’t have been a fuckup like Biden is. It’s a shame this country let hatred of gays get in the way of us having a good President.

by Anonymousreply 97August 21, 2021 4:10 PM

You're right, R97. Pete would have been a completely different kind of fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 98August 21, 2021 4:12 PM

R97 is right.

by Anonymousreply 99August 21, 2021 4:15 PM

R99 = R97

by Anonymousreply 100August 21, 2021 4:24 PM

Biden isn't a fuck up!!! Pete is a useless cunt who has DONE NOTHING!!! he managed a town of a few people! Big fucking deal!

Yes, I know Biden is declining mentally but he's still better than his VP and he calls Obama quite a bit so I'm inclined to believe that the real POTUS is Obama, which is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 101August 21, 2021 4:27 PM

there will never be an openly gay POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 102August 21, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] I know a woman who carries surrogate babies and she absolutely does it for the money.

As opposed to doing it for the hemorrhoids and morning sickness?

by Anonymousreply 103August 21, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote] There’s a reason why the exit polls in Iowa showed his base of support came from older, white, wealthy, conservative voters.

The votes were bound to come in from white voters seeing as it's Iowa

[quote] he chose to go to work at McKinsey, a consulting firm best known for its role in the Enron scandal, the 2008 housing bubble collapse, and helping drug companies figure out how to get more Americans addicted to painkillers

He probably choose to work at McKinsey because it's considered the top consulting firm in America. As many have done. And seriously, he was an analyst, he wasn't some type of head honcho. Are we going to judge every person who chooses to work for a top law firm, investment bank, consulting firm, hedge fund, etc.? Many people go into those fields because they have been taught that those are that paths to success. It doesn't make all of them malicious, evil people.

by Anonymousreply 104August 21, 2021 5:59 PM

Odd to see so many on DL attacking Pete.

by Anonymousreply 105August 21, 2021 6:03 PM

There will be an openly gay president just not any time soon, which I’m fine with. Gay men are either far left or far right, and no, Pete is definitely not a centrist Democrat. He’s pro-trans and all that comes with that. Hopefully gay men will calm down with extremist views in 50 years, if not. Maybe another 50.

by Anonymousreply 106August 21, 2021 6:13 PM

Not his time yet. But soon.

by Anonymousreply 107August 21, 2021 6:15 PM

Not soon. Never.

by Anonymousreply 108August 21, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote] Not soon. Never.

I remember hearing those same comments in 2008 regarding the possibility of electing a black president.

by Anonymousreply 109August 21, 2021 6:22 PM

i agree

by Anonymousreply 110August 21, 2021 6:27 PM

And that was a huge mistake, R109.

by Anonymousreply 111August 21, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote] And that was a huge mistake

Obama being elected was a mistake? Or people thinking a black man wouldn't get elected was a mistake?

by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Agree, Skyman.

by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2021 7:34 PM

R14 here. And now after 47 years, he HAS accomplished something. Totally against what he was told by his advisors to do on August 1st. Thanks, Joe, now the world knows how incompetent you are.

by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2021 7:57 PM

R114, that poster is an idiot. He sounds like a typical Bernie Bro (who is inattentively projecting about his own diety). Biden accomplished enough in his years in government, including passing the first global warming bill in the senate. It's SUCH a pity he couldn't rename post offices the way Bernie did.

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2021 8:01 PM

R105 Well, Pete is an openly gay man and this is the DL, so…..

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2021 8:36 PM

I learned to not vote strictly based on the identity of the person anymore. I got caught up in “black president” and voted for Obama twice, which was a huge mistake. I will absolutely not vote for a pro-trans, pro-Islam openly gay man. There are actually no openly gay men in politics who are worthy of any vote—Thiel, Grenell, Buttigieg, Polis—all either far right or far left. Even gay men running for office at the local level—all far left. All way into the trans and LGBTQ—no thank you.

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2021 8:54 PM

Prior to being president, Obama was a senator! Pete was only a fucking Mayor of a small dinky town in middle of nowhere! He is not fit to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2021 8:59 PM

Neither were or fit but Pritzker didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2021 9:03 PM

*are fit

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote] I remember hearing those same comments in 2008 regarding the possibility of electing a black president.

Yeah, and I wonder when that's going to happen. None of these half-measures count.

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Are he and Chasen purchasing a colored baby to woo voters?

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2021 10:43 PM

R122 I wonder if they purchase a boy to keep their household all male just like Andy and Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 123August 22, 2021 12:51 AM

R122 I want Chasten to recreate this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 22, 2021 12:55 AM

[Quote] Prior to being president, Obama was a senator!

He was hardly in DC. He rarely voted.

by Anonymousreply 125August 22, 2021 1:51 AM

Who is the idiot calling Buttigieg far left? He was one of the only primary candidates that refused to cater to far lefties. While Beto, Warren, Kamala and everyone else was trying to out-left each other, Pete rejected that and that is the reason he got so much pushback online on twitter.

(That and being a young white gay man)

by Anonymousreply 126August 22, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]My pussy, my cash cow!

I worked with the young office Frau who was all into the idea of having a baby for another couple in the office. She was all over it, her body, her rights.....Until the guys told her they were willing to pay about $10,000. She was excepting $100,000! Suddenly, her tuned changed to how DARE you use woman like that! I could never give up a child I gave birth too.

by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote]Who is the idiot calling Buttigieg far left? He was one of the only primary candidates that refused to cater to far lefties.

Actually, growing up he wrote about being a big fan of Bernie before he got into politics. Like a lot of Dems he had to play the "Im a middle of the road guy" to be elected, but his true nature is more left than what he decided to sell as his public image.

It's just smart strategy, if you want to get things done in a conservative environment, you kind of have to go under cover. They all have to do that. In a country where 50% is ultra, ultra, right wing, you still need some of those votes to push you over the edge. When was the last time ANY far left candidate actually got elected president?

by Anonymousreply 128August 22, 2021 2:22 AM

He's not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 129August 22, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote]Prior to being president, Obama was a senator! Pete was only a fucking Mayor of a small dinky town in middle of nowhere! He is not fit to do anything.

And Trump was what? A failed businessman and realty TV show actor. That argument about previous experience no longer holds water.

Besides, that was never the intent to have someone be a career position as president, it's just what it morphed into over time. People bitch about all the old men in power but when given a chance for someone half their age suddenly it's all about wanting many years experience in the job. Make up your mind bitches.

by Anonymousreply 130August 22, 2021 2:27 AM

I don't mind young candidates, just prefer them to be qualified.

Bill Clinton was young and already accomplished so much.

Pete was a mayor of a small fucking town, he ain't fit to run the USA!

by Anonymousreply 131August 22, 2021 2:33 AM

He was a mayor of a town with only 100K!

I've been the mayor of NYC since 2014, a city of at least 8.8 million people and I converted a lesbian, among my many, many achievements! I'm more qualified than him!

by Anonymousreply 132August 22, 2021 2:41 AM

That's some strange psychology of the Pete trolls and Hillary trolls. They are all like, "if Pete/Hillary is the president, things would be completely different blah blah blah". But, how do you know? What information you have that could suppport your alternative future?

by Anonymousreply 133August 22, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote] I worked with the young office Frau who was all into the idea of having a baby for another couple in the office.

What kind of workplace is this? The whole discussion sounds highly unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 134August 22, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]Bill Clinton was young and already accomplished so much.

Like what? Doing Gennifer Flowers and Paula Jones? Governor of Arkansas? Talk about easy pickings.

At least Pete doesn't have a string of marital betrayal to haunt him and his spouse through the Presidency and even log after that.

by Anonymousreply 135August 22, 2021 2:51 AM

You have never worked in a real office then R134. People get board of the same thing day in and day out, they talk a lot about personal stuff. Nothing scandalous there. It's not like customer service where you put on your best face with total strangers every day.

by Anonymousreply 136August 22, 2021 2:54 AM

R135, don't be jealous, he was able to fuck those whores and still hold down his job as Gov of Arkansas (1979–1981, 1983–1992) , population of 3 million, he did a great job!

Pete is a dumb delusional fuck if he thinks he can be president after being mayor of a shitty town.

by Anonymousreply 137August 22, 2021 3:01 AM

Pete is more intelligent than Clinton ever was. He's certainly smart enough not to fuck ugly hags who out him a year later in public, then do it again in the White House, then lose his law license over it in his very own state he was Govern of. And wasn't Clinton a draft dodger like George W and Trump? You know the legal way?

No one has ever accused Pete of not being smart except for internet Trolls. He is graduate of Harvard College and Oxford University, attending the latter on a Rhodes Scholarship. From 2009 to 2017, he was an intelligence officer in the United States Navy Reserve.

And unlike those draft dodgers, he actually volunteered to serve in the military.

by Anonymousreply 138August 22, 2021 3:29 AM

yes, he went to school, big fucking deal. Anyone with half a brain can study and memorize facts. Don't be jealous coz Clinton got the gift of the gab and can talk and charm his way around the world. Clinton is charismatic as fuck.

Clinton went to great schools too and has a more brilliant mind than Pete. He even went to law school. Do we really need to bring up the schools they both attended? C'mon. Clinton went to Oxford too, as a Rhodes scholar. He went to Yale Law School. Did Pete go to law school? Clinton did something with his brain, he wasn't just book smart like Pete. The point is Clinton did a lot more shit than Pete ever did. Pete is not in Clinton's league and will never be. Yes, he is book smart but he's a dumb fuck in real life.

by Anonymousreply 139August 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Thank you OP for FINALLY POSTING WHAT WE ALL FEEL! I was Pro Pete from day one and not because he’s one of us , because he’s THE MAN! He ticks of every box you need in a Leader especially the POTUS! He would never have gotten this Afghan shit botched to the point we’re the laughing stock of the Taliban and Russia And China! Covid would not have been spreading like wildfire, contained and eliminated because he’s a commanding competent leader we all wouldn’t have ignored. Even the cunts of the country who love to be anti masks would have fallen in line. Fucking Dementia riddled Joe is bumbling us into WW3! Why aren’t the borders closed to travel In and Out until Covid is under control? Why the fuck did he just pull troops out one month to the 20 year anniversary of 9/11 ? The terrorists are eating this stupid stumbling old fools mistakes up. We endured four years of hell with Trump now this shit ? And no sorry we can’t have MORE refugees in our country. The homelessness is out of control, we have too many people from other countries here spitting out ugly refugee babies and overtaxing our welfare systems. Send these smelly fucks to an uninhabited island and let them all live in their own new “america”. Most middle eastern as come here but refuse to assimilate to The MODERN NOTMAL NON BARBARIC lifestyle. They hate us. They should not be here in their burkas. They smell like dirt , ass and spilled milk.

by Anonymousreply 140August 22, 2021 5:16 AM

Raimondo / Buttigieg 2024

by Anonymousreply 141August 22, 2021 5:19 AM

R141 = Bain Capital

by Anonymousreply 142August 22, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote]yes, he went to school, big fucking deal. Anyone with half a brain can study and memorize facts. Don't be jealous coz Clinton got the gift of the gab and can talk and charm his way around the world.

Big fucking deal? You are just saying that because you couldn't Harvard College or Oxford if your life depended on it. The give of gab? It's not 1980 any more Gramps, we need a lot more than a gabby grabby Clinton in the White House. Pete is far more rhetorically astute than Clinton. That's why people love it when he goes on Fox News and kicks their ass every time thinking they can make him look bad. Clinton too scared to do that.

by Anonymousreply 143August 22, 2021 11:20 AM

We have a Pete fangurl. You can not argue with a fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 144August 22, 2021 11:39 AM

Why Pete is not ridiculed endlessly here is beyond believable. At the very least look at what he is stupid enough to marry. A fat bald lazy guy from Michigan (who hasn't worked in years). If you saw these two slobs on the street in 2018 you wouldn't call either of them "hot". Go look at what he looked like as Mayor and his Walmart Ties and jeans..

by Anonymousreply 145August 22, 2021 11:46 AM

I find Chasten hot. I'd cruise him if I saw him on the street.

by Anonymousreply 146August 22, 2021 11:54 AM

Imagine the blue collar Midwestern macho man voting for Pete? (or schoolmarm Elizabeth, for that matter)

The R's would likely have nailed Bernie to the commie cross, but I don't know, maybe he couldda been a contenduh. (more likely than Misses Pete and Lizzie though) - or Madame Karen Klobuchar.

We're fucked without the guy you'd have a drink with in the bar. Such a fuckin' chav country (can't think of the American slang equivalent: trashy? brutish? just plain old stoopid?)

by Anonymousreply 147August 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Peasants! That's it. We're overrun with too many doltish peasants.

by Anonymousreply 148August 22, 2021 12:02 PM

NOW can everyone finally admit OP is an idiot?

I like Pete I hope someday he is President, but 2020 was not his time and anyone who thinks it was is just really naive.

by Anonymousreply 149August 22, 2021 12:25 PM

R137, Southern governors are infamously sleazy especially back then. The clintons were involved in the drug trade.

by Anonymousreply 150August 22, 2021 12:29 PM

As opposed to being forced into it by the cruel patriarchy as that other troll guy was saying, r103. Please learn how to follow a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 151August 22, 2021 12:33 PM

Lol r142

by Anonymousreply 152August 22, 2021 1:08 PM

There are very few things I believe are certain in life, and one of them is that Pete will never be president

by Anonymousreply 153August 22, 2021 2:07 PM

No he won’t. If he stood up to the trans, far-left, far left-white gays, and stopped fawning over blacks, I would love him.

by Anonymousreply 154August 22, 2021 2:12 PM

What I dislike most about Petey is that he's an empty vessel. His whole campaign, and since, has been about aping Obama. The mannerisms, the speech patterns, his whole fucking demeanor is Obama. And that's not a coincidence. Go look at earlier footage of the guy. He clearly and intentionally tried to morph himself into Obama to get elected. That's not only gross, it's psychologically scary.

by Anonymousreply 155August 22, 2021 2:17 PM

Why would a Rhodes Scholar want to be Obama? You are correct, R155.

by Anonymousreply 156August 22, 2021 2:20 PM

R16, HRC was preferable in 2020, but she is no dove of peace.

by Anonymousreply 157August 22, 2021 3:08 PM

I meant, of course, 2016.

Tempus fugit.

by Anonymousreply 158August 22, 2021 3:08 PM

r155 I think you meant Julian Castro.

by Anonymousreply 159August 22, 2021 3:36 PM

Julian Castro? LOL. Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 160August 22, 2021 4:13 PM

Julian Castro certainly was the "IT" boy a few years ago. He seems to have faded now, not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 161August 22, 2021 4:16 PM

It lasted all of 10 minutes. Or as he would proudly proclaim "Diez minutos!"

He's as authentically Hispanic as Hilaria Baldwin. And I say that as a Hispanic-American. It was all posturing and pandering and fakeness.

by Anonymousreply 162August 22, 2021 4:20 PM

Lol, R162. Not as bad as this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 22, 2021 4:46 PM

Nope, not anywhere near qualified to be POTUS, and the community wouldn't give a single shit about him if he weren't gay.

Forget about him, it ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 164August 22, 2021 4:50 PM

R143 Like someone else wrote above, if Pete were so smart and such a perfect catch overall, why the hell did he settle for Chasten? At least Bill and Barack settled for partners at with equal credentials….

by Anonymousreply 165August 22, 2021 4:50 PM

R146 Chasten is only hot as in “hot mess”.

by Anonymousreply 166August 22, 2021 4:52 PM

R163 - Agreed. Beto's Hispanic creds match only Warren as a Native American or Hilary Clinton speaking jive.

I honestly don't understand how those on the Left don't feel outrage at such abject pandering. It's very insulting.

by Anonymousreply 167August 22, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]Hilary Clinton speaking jive.

😂

by Anonymousreply 168August 22, 2021 5:12 PM

When Pete got unglamorous Transportation, how many of us went, meh. Only to now see this post as the key defining sector of the Biden presidency.

That's how much Biden trusts this young man's ability. Oh yes, he is President material alright.

And one of us too, eh? So disparage him as the human nature of envy calls for. Better far than the horror of our unified support that would pigeonhole him as "the gays' gay candidate.".

For his platform and philosophy is categorically non-identity-politics. So thanks y'all for bitching. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 169August 22, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] HRC ... is no dove of peace.

If Hilary had been elected in 2016, you can be sure we would have launched at least two wars in 2020 in order to up the jingoism factor and help her re-election.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2021 1:37 AM

r165 Who knows? Maybe he realized that Chasten was more emotionally intelligent and available than him, and could help him loosen his obvious emotional constipation from all those years in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2021 2:12 AM

He’s too young.

by Anonymousreply 172August 23, 2021 2:13 AM

he's an oldster gay, boomer

by Anonymousreply 173August 23, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote] He’s too young.

In 2024, Pete will be about the same age as Teddy Roosevelt and JFK when they became President.

by Anonymousreply 174August 23, 2021 3:09 AM

He is neither of them^.

by Anonymousreply 175August 23, 2021 3:14 AM

Right r175 he's better.

by Anonymousreply 176August 23, 2021 3:15 AM

If a man that’s still closeted up until 35-36 is “better” and a “leader”? I’ll need to be extra galvanized to vote against Democrats in 24 because they are clearly just still too crazy.

by Anonymousreply 177August 23, 2021 3:20 AM

^ Lots of people vote against the Democrats. You're just one of many.

by Anonymousreply 178August 23, 2021 3:26 AM

But, I’m new to their group—which is sad…but necessary.

by Anonymousreply 179August 23, 2021 3:29 AM

People switch political allegiances all the time for good or frivolous reasons. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2021 4:04 AM

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2021 12:57 PM

R165 r171 Pete and Chasten fell in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2021 11:27 PM

He was closeted until 33, R177. Let's not exaggerate. But that's still late.

by Anonymousreply 183August 24, 2021 3:21 AM

Well not so much a closet as a portiere.

by Anonymousreply 184August 24, 2021 3:24 AM

There are some insane Pete haters on this thread, you know what they say, you hate what you secretly want most.

by Anonymousreply 185August 24, 2021 6:43 AM

[quote]Let's not exaggerate.

Yes 33 is an exaggerated “35”. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 186August 24, 2021 12:51 PM

Obviously he excited a lot of people, one way or the other. He cannot be ignored or written off in people's minds, and that to me is the making of a star.

by Anonymousreply 187August 24, 2021 1:01 PM

If not Pete, then who else? Eric Swalwell?

I think there are major problems with Bernie, Liz, Amy, Castro (why didn't he pick the other name - don't Latinos have two surnames?) Would Midwestern blue collars vote for someone named Yang?

by Anonymousreply 188August 24, 2021 3:51 PM

I'll never stop being pissed as hell we lost Al Franken. Fuck you to hell Kirsten Gillibrand.

by Anonymousreply 189August 24, 2021 3:51 PM

Oh and Kamala. The Repugs have already Hillary'd her. As they would any female. They're e.v.i.l. but couldn't touch old Joe because he's a white guy you'd have a beer with.

by Anonymousreply 190August 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Yes OP, if Pete were in charge, the current Afghan fiasco would have been completely avoided

by Anonymousreply 191August 24, 2021 3:56 PM

How, R191? And it’s not a “fiasco”.

by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2021 4:06 PM

R192, He wouldn’t have pulled out of Afghanistan so hastily.

If that BS happened under Trump’s watch, you and the entire media would be calling for Trump’s head and don’t even act like you wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2021 4:26 PM

You have a Mayor Pete crystal ball?

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Hear hear r193

by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2021 4:37 PM

Oh fuck OFF^^!

by Anonymousreply 196August 24, 2021 4:39 PM

White privilege is a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 197August 24, 2021 4:41 PM

I still hate that bitchcunt Republican Elizabeth Warren and her gang of woke queers.

People on the left in the primary weren't content with chosing a different candidate according to their preference, they had to try to tear down Pete with personal (and sometimes cruel) attacks with flimsy arguments for daring to try to win instaead of just being a token, while not presenting the way they wanted him to. From an academic calling their marriage "heterosexuality without women", an other calling his candidacy a danger for LGBTQ rights, to a journalist calling him the gay version of an Uncle Tom and fantasizing about a 15 year old Pete being raped. Not to mention people mocking the way the first (serious) out candidate for president ever kissed his husband on a stage in front of thousands of people and on live tv. Or those speculating that he only pretended to be gay for political gain. Or that he'd go home to beat his husband (who's a survivor of sexual abuse and domestic violence) after the debate.

There was never any pushback against the toxicity from the left and barely any other candidate backing him against homophobia from the right. And of course he himself never could talk about it, or the homophobia he encountered not only on the campaing trail but in front of his own home, because of his "white male privilege". Interestingly none of the numerous other white male candidates were asked about it at every turn or asked why they were running at all instead of backing one of the women in the race.

Sorry, I'm fed up with how some people treated him for not conforming to some stereotype instead of being his authentic self while supporting a former Reagan Republican or someone who couldn't even bother to show up at LGBTQ events and never even thought about how his m4a would make a fututer Republican governement the sole arbiter over which healthcare people could

by Anonymousreply 198August 24, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]if Pete were in charge, the current Afghan fiasco ......How?

For starters, Pete's job before he was Mayor was in military strategy. That's what he did for years serving in the military.

by Anonymousreply 199August 24, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]White privilege is a hell of a drug.

So is black victim hood.

by Anonymousreply 200August 24, 2021 5:55 PM

R200 Go on, Candace….

by Anonymousreply 201August 24, 2021 5:59 PM

R199 lol. Good fucking lord.

by Anonymousreply 202August 24, 2021 6:17 PM

If Pete were president would it be possible to ask him in a press conference who is favorite porn star is and what he thinks of G4P?

ALSO IS HE CUT OR UNCUT?

by Anonymousreply 203August 24, 2021 6:26 PM

He's uncut.

by Anonymousreply 204August 24, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] Obviously he excited a lot of people, one way or the other. He cannot be ignored or written off in people's minds, and that to me is the making of a star.

Yes, and thank you for making that clear to everyone on that criteria.

by Anonymousreply 205August 24, 2021 10:33 PM

By that standard R205, everyone from Oprah to Sanders is in the pool with Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 206August 26, 2021 9:11 AM

Now it's clear. Should have been Pete.

by Anonymousreply 207August 26, 2021 10:02 PM

FF’d. ^

by Anonymousreply 208August 26, 2021 10:08 PM

Sometimes it's good to slow down. Or put another way, one can use an unplanned and unforeseen slowdown - like the pandemic - to ones advantage. Most often it can be a flow in the same direction in a different channel.

Pete going to DC but not to the White House just yet is a good thing. Or can be.

I really like and admire this guy, and his spouse too.

by Anonymousreply 209August 26, 2021 10:48 PM

Sorry, but Pete was basically a glorified meter maid. No way could he have gotten elected.

by Anonymousreply 210August 26, 2021 11:07 PM

Dumbest Pete thread evah started OP!!!

by Anonymousreply 211September 2, 2021 3:49 PM

"Now More Than Ever" used to be a Nixon campaign slogan. But Pete can use it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212September 2, 2021 4:09 PM

R212 - I think this was the ad campaign for Jonestown too.

by Anonymousreply 213September 4, 2021 3:42 PM

So cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 5, 2021 2:52 PM

OP, I think that there is therapy available for your fixation.

by Anonymousreply 215September 6, 2021 4:32 PM

Throwback:: Cutte Twink Alert!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 10, 2021 7:29 PM

He was cute there.

by Anonymousreply 217September 10, 2021 7:46 PM

R216 - Hmm. Is that Chicken-Petey heterosexually dawdling in Central Park's Rambles?

by Anonymousreply 218September 10, 2021 10:07 PM

This thread is more relevant than ever now.

by Anonymousreply 219October 11, 2021 6:00 PM

I voted for Pete in the 2020 primary. I don't regret that.

He would have addressed undocumented immigration, Afghanistan withdrawal, Russian mischief, DoJ and prosecutorial effort of DJT/cohort crimes, economic packages, etc., so much better.

by Anonymousreply 220October 11, 2021 6:24 PM

Did they buy these babies or did they adopt?

by Anonymousreply 221October 11, 2021 10:23 PM

So, how's Petey doing with the backed up ports in L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 222October 13, 2021 2:09 AM

President Topo Gigio.

by Anonymousreply 223October 15, 2021 3:20 AM

R208 doesn't grasp the concept of FF vs Ignore, but nevertheless feels compelled to tell everyone of what he's doing. This lack of mental acuity is emblematic of people who worship Petey.

On a personal note, I'm devastated by R208's rejection and not sure if I'll ever recover emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 224October 15, 2021 12:01 PM

This thread title become more appropriate every day.

Virginia would've stayed Dem.

by Anonymousreply 225November 3, 2021 12:55 PM

You're still banging that drum?

by Anonymousreply 226November 3, 2021 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!