Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vincent Kartheiser center of on set misconduct claims

Kartheiser, aka Mr. Alexis Bledel, appears to have misbehaved on set.

Or in other words: Guess Pete Campbell really WAS an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 3:00 AM

He’s an odd duck. I can’t remember what the scoop was, but back when he was on “Mad Men”, there was an interview where he admitted to some weird stuff. I don’t remember what it was, but it made me think he went beyond “eccentric actor” and wandered into “mentally ill”.

Anyone remember? I think he had some weird hygiene practice or some sort of ascetic lifestyle. I’ll have to go loom it up.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2021 12:40 AM

The comments at Deadline are a bit all over. One person who claims to have first hand knowledge said he sexually harassed women on the set; others are saying he has a "process" which seems people are chalking it up to being Method as he's playing The Scarecrow. But he's no Jared Leto. You get sat down once to talk about your behaviour, then you change it and go with what the production wants. Two times? You are just being a dick because you know they won't fire you.

According to sources, the first investigation into a complaint, said to be about verbal comments and outbursts, concluded that Kartheiser’s behavior didn’t rise to level of termination but did warrant corrective action. The actor was verbally reprimanded by the studio, I hear.

Weeks later, near the end of Season 3 production, WBTV received a second complaint that also was investigated. This time, it resulted in the studio assigning a representative to monitor Kartheiser while he was on set, sources said.

I hear there were other claims about alleged misconduct by Kertheiser raised in the complaints that were also investigated but were not corroborated, sources said.

“Vincent Kartheiser vehemently denies the allegations,” a spokesperson for the actor said in a statement to Deadline on Friday. “Warner Bros investigated this matter and made clear to Mr. Kartheiser its expectations for behavior on the set, and he agreed to comply with their directives.”

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2021 12:47 AM

Why Alexis Bledel settled for him I'll never understand. She could have done so much better. She still can.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2021 12:51 AM

Peter Campbell had a face I wanted to never stop punching. Now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2021 12:57 AM

And I the only one who thinks he pings?

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2021 7:25 PM

*Am I the only one who thinks he pings?

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2021 7:27 PM

He's the anti-Jared Leto in terms of again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2021 7:33 PM

I have vague memories of that too, r1. I feel like I’ve read a few profiles over the years that suggest he had an odd upbringing and was quite eccentric, difficult to be around etc. I think he had an unconventional upbringing and he also started acting at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2021 7:39 PM

I also assume that he considered “Titans” a big comedown after having a lead role on one of the most acclaimed TV shows of all time.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Someone in the comments at Celebitchy said they worked on the set and said:

I was on that set and the complaints were because he was loud and really hammy between takes. It wasn’t bad and he was very nice, on time, knew his lines, accommodating to others, but he has these between take quirks that can rub you the wrong way. And nobody said to him stop, they just immediately reported him. Which is ridiculous because he takes criticism well and is very nice. I think tension was high on set because of covid and there was no calm in the place. Honestly it wasn’t a fun set and that was not his fault, but others. There is a reason he has worked consistently and it should be telling that the only bad thing your hearing is that he can be obnoxious on set. But not disruptive, not mean, not destructive. Also, I see a couple commenters saying they feel sorry for his wife, don’t. He is a lovely man towards her, speaks about her and his family very little (private guy) but absolutely glows at their mention. I’m just really mad that he is getting dragged when he was one of the best actors on that set.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2021 7:46 PM

I busted many nuts in highschool to fantasy scenarios between him and David Boreanaz when he was on Angel. Sad to hear he’s a douchebag now.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2021 7:47 PM

Someone in the comments of Deadline claims to have worked on the set and that Kartheiser sexually harassed a couple of women who reported him. One quit and they gave her walk away money. But another woman who claims to also have worked on the set says it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2021 7:49 PM

So they are trying to fire actors for being actors now? When are people going to wake up to the fact that the impetus behind a lot of cancelling is jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Damn homeboy is getting CHONKY.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2021 7:50 PM

R10 If that comment is true, then this is much ado about nothing. This is why details matter.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Sour grapes on the part of the staff who are most likely out of work actors. Jealous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2021 7:51 PM

If it were sexual misconduct it would have said sexual misconduct. There would be at least one extra or former character who would be using the opportunity to say that is why they are not on the show anymore.

I am definitely not usually one to slam an accusation or dismiss it but at this point, based on the way it is currently worded, I call bullshit on it being sexual or serious.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2021 7:57 PM

I just wish he’d stop trying to turn things into carts.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2021 7:58 PM

I remember when he was cute on Angel. Now... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote] Why Alexis Bledel settled for him I'll never understand. She could have done so much better.

Dean, Logan or Jess?

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2021 8:27 PM

R5 Vincent pings big time, trust me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2021 8:31 PM

[Quote] I busted many nuts in highschool to fantasy scenarios between him and David Boreanaz when he was on Angel. Sad to hear he’s a douchebag now.

I hated Connor and Dawn equally. I think Vincent said he didn't enjoy working on Angel.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2021 12:12 PM

He first came out with Larry Clark’s follow-up to Kids and he was all street angel boy hooker addict style, he grew ugly and unappealing fast, but the point being someone (James woods?) said how Clark was all obsessed with him on set.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2021 12:19 PM

I don't think he pings AT ALL. He has "McGowan/Phoenix Rainbow Cult" energy.

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2021 12:22 PM

I think the comments in R10 are spot on. Much ado about nothing. Covid has probably made a lot of sets tense.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2021 12:25 PM

Hollywood’s fun couple is calling it quits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2022 3:48 PM

I want to see Pete Campbell’s feets again!

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2022 5:23 PM

8 years? Not bad.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!