Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Greta Thunberg covers Vogue: "Fashion is destroying the planet"

Says she hasn't bought clothes for three years (because fashion designers lend them to her) and you should do the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2021 11:38 PM

I am a fashion victim.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2021 5:03 AM

Sorry but this kid is annoying af!

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2021 5:06 AM

Vogue = Idiots

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2021 5:07 AM

She is the epitome of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2021 5:45 AM

So is Vogue going out of the fashion-selling business?

Because unless they are, this is the most hypocritical cover feature in the history of Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2021 5:50 AM

She actually said, , “The last time I bought something new was three years ago and it was second-hand. I just borrow things from people I know.”

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2021 5:55 AM

She's not totally wrong. Fast fashion is a blight on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2021 5:57 AM

She’s strange looking

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2021 5:59 AM

Can you imagine how much time her team must spend burning down the phone lines every week "Hi, Helga? Greta simply loved that little denim jacket you had on last week and wondered if you could send it over ASAP?"

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2021 6:00 AM

Stop all trade with China and fast fashion would be ended tomorrow.

Greta seems to be oddly quiet in relation to China being the number one polluter in the world. The most animated she has got regarding the Chinese was when she called them out for fat-shaming her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2021 6:04 AM

Bitch respect the cerulean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote] So is Vogue going out of the fashion-selling business?

I'm not a woman and I loathe the capitalist manipulation of young people needing validation.

I never look at "fashion stores" but this week passing a window display I saw expensive Pre-Torn Jeans.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2021 6:34 AM

"That little bitch's head on a Hermes platter." - A. Wintou

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2021 6:45 AM

[quote] "I never look at "fashion stores" but this week passing a window display I saw expensive Pre-Torn Jeans."

This has been around since at least the 1980s. Most are just overpriced, but some high-end products are even hand painted, hand-distressed, and embellished. I wouldn't pay for any of it. And with what I've learned as a costumer, I could create my own (not that it takes a college degree in costume or fashion design to make it happen).

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2021 7:01 AM

Between these kind of editorial decisions and their collective adoption of all things "woke", Vogue is a failing brand.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2021 7:38 AM

Pretty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2021 7:40 AM

Color-coordinated, including the horse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2021 7:41 AM

Throwback: This seems like a better cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2021 7:43 AM

And Malala at r4: no need to get cunty, we haven’t forgotten about you and your privileged PPE degree from Oxford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote] Color-coordinated, including the horse

Title 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝑵𝒂𝒈𝒔

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2021 7:51 AM

R14 It would go against a lot of Vogue is about, but they should've dressed her in nothing but thrift store finds, but probably took the "super expensive eco-friendly brands route" if anything.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2021 7:55 AM

You really have to wonder if the staff of Vogue Scandinavia have anything but disdain for the publication and it's history. It's like they're deliberately trying to destroy it from the inside out. If I was higher up I'd be making plans to get rid of the editor/writer associated with this story. You just can't have that sort of shit going on.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2021 8:14 AM

Haha. Fat little white girl think she can push us around.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Did I miss something at the link, when does she do the Madonna song? Does she use the same names or does she use contemporary stars?

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2021 8:37 AM

You just know she's used the "do you know who I am" line.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2021 9:24 AM

[R13] here. That should be 'A. Wintour.' The keys on this keyboard are positively Bolshie. I shall separate the screen from the keyboard on this monster before too long.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2021 9:30 AM

The damage that fast-fashion is doing has been well-known since before this girl was born. Why are people treating her words like some big revelation?

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2021 10:29 AM

Why did you start another thread about this about, OP? Your other thread didn't gain any traction. Starting a new one doesn't change anything.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2021 10:54 AM

I'm the OP, asshole at r28 and this is the only thread I have started on this subject.

Ooooh and SO defensive, aren't you?

A Greta fan, are we?

Offended and trying to think of ways to cancel this discussion?

Of course you are, dear.

Now FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2021 11:06 AM

R19 Malala is 100x the person that Thunberg is. A pretty fucking brave woman who stood up for the right to an education and got shot multiple times, including in the head. Let’s see how Greta would have fared outside her privileged Scandinavian environment!

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2021 11:14 AM

R30: Indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2021 1:48 PM

Don't you know it's bad luck to let retarded people into your home?

Give her carfare, a ham at Easter, but for God's sake, don't hang around with her!

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2021 1:53 PM

R27 probably because it's become 10x worse in recent years. Due to social media, like tic tok, fashion is cycling way quicker than it should be. Young women/ girls are ordering "fashion hauls" to showcase a million new outfits from places like Shein. That company sells cheap knockoffs, steals designs, wraps everything individually in thick plastic, and is obviously made with cheap labor. To keep up popularity, these girls are ordering a ridiculous amount of cheap clothing every week.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Hilarious. Now Greta's just alienated all of Hollywood, her biggest fans.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2021 4:47 PM

I don’t think there’s anyone DL hates more than Greta—and for good reason! Someone cancel her already or something.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2021 4:53 PM

R33 - You're joking, right?

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2021 7:18 PM

No Greta, your LACK of fashion is destroying my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2021 6:34 PM

And Greta, gurl, that's one planet whose runway you'll never have to worry about being invited to catwalk on.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2021 11:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!