Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Broadway performer Laura Osnes fired from show for not being vaccinated

This deserves its own thread instead of being relegated to the Broadway one, since so many are interested in these anti-vaxxer stories. (And yes, I changed the "superstar" in the title to "performer," because the former is...no.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2022 5:31 PM

LOCK ‘ER UP!

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2021 4:19 AM

Is she a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2021 4:19 AM

Evidently yes. Folks on another board are saying she's a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]Insiders additionally told The Post’s Michael Riedel that her co-star, Tony Yazbeck, pressed her on the matter because he said “he has two little kids at home.”

[quote]Osnes has described herself as a Christian conservative in interviews.

Has this stealth Karen of Broadway ever been declared a DL villain? Because she should be!

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2021 4:21 AM

What a selfish entitled dumbass. I hope her career never recovers.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2021 4:23 AM

I know the PERFECT replacement!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2021 4:28 AM

Of course she’s religious. What stupid ass life choices are not governed by religion?

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2021 4:33 AM

What’s even more galling is the dumb bitch was purposefully vague about her vaccination status at first. Good for Tony Yazbeck for getting her to admit the truth.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2021 4:34 AM

She even had the option to just submit a negative Covid test. Why couldn't she do that much?

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2021 4:45 AM

She’s a carrier.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2021 4:48 AM

Perhaps Mar-A-Lago will open a dinner theater and she’ll find work there.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2021 4:50 AM

Love Tony Yazbek. Hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2021 4:50 AM

There goes her crappy Hallmark movie career. They have COVID protocols in place too.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2021 4:53 AM

Laura’s career…another COVID casualty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2021 4:59 AM

“Superstar”? Oh my sides!!!

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2021 5:11 AM

Laura, call me!

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2021 5:13 AM

Bumping because someone started another thread, of course.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2021 12:59 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2021 1:08 PM

I usually don't pay attention to ATC, but one remark stood out : " And at midnight.....Cinderella's brain turned into a pumpkin."

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2021 1:31 PM

Love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2021 2:02 PM

Yikes. Someone else pointed out she performed at the Kennedy Center Honors in June in the Dick Van Dyke tribute. Hopefully the 95-year-old Mr. Van Dyke didn't get anywhere near her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2021 2:05 PM

Sadly, her Wikipedia page was already changed back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2021 2:06 PM

Fuck her. Now she can start a podcast, "The Shows I Never Did".

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2021 2:07 PM

At least she'll probably have her Hallmark movies to fall back on. May be a better career for her. (You know that's what the anti-vaxxer Karens are watching.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2021 2:10 PM

She can zoom workshops with other freedoms actors until the anti-vax deliveryman coughs on her cow herpes antibiotics

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2021 2:14 PM

Bring on medical apartheid!

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2021 2:17 PM

Consequences... if anti vaxers don't die....then they won't be admitted to many businesses, venues...or may end up fired from their job.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2021 2:37 PM

She and Rob Schneider will become "artists" in residence at Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2021 2:37 PM

At this point, if it is for 'religious' reasons, then their religion is imposing on our freedom.

In a prior interview, she said "she often feels like she is judged for being "so sweet and so conservative." Right - yeah, that's what people hate - nice and sweet people.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2021 2:43 PM

Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2021 2:47 PM

The world is full of zanies and fools, who don't believe in sensible rules...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2021 2:54 PM

Broadway superstar? Bitch please!

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2021 3:00 PM

Perhaps she can find a role in Ben Shapiro's "film" with Gina Carano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2021 3:00 PM

r24, see r13

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2021 3:03 PM

Noses Supposes She Doesn't Need Doses, but Noses Supposes Erroneously!

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2021 3:08 PM

I'd like to send Laura and all the other antivaxxers into another branch of the multiverse in which vaccines were never invented and see how many of them lived beyond the age of 10.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2021 3:10 PM

BYE

BITCH

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2021 3:12 PM

When gays are forced to transition in the US or face prison or death—it will be sad. The gays who fight back will be the anti-transers (the anti-vaxxers).

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2021 3:32 PM

Thoughts and prayers for R38’s Covid-fevered brain.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 3:48 PM

From the Broadway thread. She may not be a Trumper after all...but still not good at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2021 4:21 PM

R38 was brought to you by the diseased mind of Att Manscher.

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Silly hoe.

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2021 5:43 PM

I was reading about this on Twitter last night- she wasn't fired just for being not being vaccinated, but apparently she LIED about being vaccinate when she wasn't. Like an idiot, she told Tony Y., who pleaded with her to get the vaccine because he has two young kinds at home. She won't do it, nor would she even get a covid test, because she said it would possibly effect her voice. I hope no one gives him fever for turning her in (as he should have!) Seriously, cancel this woman!

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2021 11:46 AM

"Vaccinated" not "vaccinate."

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2021 11:47 AM

Jesus, SO many mistakes in my post! I am "Oh DEAR"ing myself to infinity.....

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2021 11:49 AM

What a shame. I’m sure she’s otherwise delightful.

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote]She won't do it, nor would she even get a covid test, because she said it would possibly effect her voice.

Well, she was right about that. Her voice and the rest of her.

If this is true she must be low intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Maybe she can host an in-person telethon for long-haulers. She and Chad can perform musical numbers from "Schmigadoon".

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2021 2:16 PM

Osnes finally released a statement on Instagram...which makes it clear in a mealy-mouthed way that she's an anti-vaxxer, making references to not being sure the vaccine is safe. (she and her husband decided not to because of family planning, etc.)

-----------------

Hello, friends. I took the weekend to gather my thoughts and formulate a response to the Page Six article that was released last Thursday. The headline accused me of being fired for refusing to get vaccinated. The article reports erroneous allegations that have generated a firestorm of negative conclusions and comments. It is important to me to clarify what actually happened.

In early May, I accepted an invitation to perform in a one-night benefit concert at East Hampton’s Guild Hall. A month ago, I was informed that protocols had changed, and I would now need proof of vaccination to participate. I was disappointed but responded that I would have to withdraw, as I have not yet gotten the vaccine. It is also important to clarify that none of my fellow performers ever “pressed me on the matter” before I withdrew. It was a drama-free and discrete transition.

Page Six wrote that Guild Hall representatives claimed, “performers have the option to provide proof of full vaccination OR a recent negative Covid test result.” This negative test option was never extended to me. I would have tested in a heartbeat — something I have been doing for months, and will continue to do, in order to keep working safely.

Knowing the issue of vaccines passionately divides people, let me share the details around my current vaccination status. First, it is a legal right of all Americans to have their medical privacy protected. Mine has now been broadcast with an attitude of shame and demonization. Secondly, I believe individuals have the right to do the research, consult a doctor, and come to their own conclusions before deciding whether or not to get any injection.

My case is personal. I stand by the decision my husband and I, with input from our physician, have made for ourselves, our family planning, and our future. There is so much that is still unknown. Someday, perhaps we will feel more confident in the research to consider a different position. With the information that is currently available, however, I have a conviction that I (and many others, both in and out of my industry) feel compelled to stand by.

Covid-19 has negatively impacted millions of lives and is still a very real concern for me. The safety of my colleagues and audience members is extremely important to me. I have been involved in several projects that have successfully navigated production during this time, carefully and completely Covid-free. Venues and artists have proven it can be done without vaccine mandates, through regular testing, social distancing, improved ventilation, quarantines, and other protective measures. I say this for myself and so many others, who are concerned about their rights, reputations, and livelihoods being on the line.

Every soul is entitled to live according to their convictions and work without being publicly ostracized. My conviction does not discount my care and commitment to safety during this unprecedented time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2021 5:46 AM

If you can't see the Instagram post, this might help. (But yeah, parroting anti-vaxxer talking points isn't making her look any better, but may win her more right-wing fans.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2021 5:47 AM

Did this cunt perform at Trump's Inauguration along with the Piano Guys and that forgotten little bitch who was on "American's Got Talent"?

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2021 8:42 AM

That's a small piece of paper to cover such a BIG ass!

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2021 2:02 PM

r34/r13, it was pointed out on another board that she just completed another Hallmark movie in Canada, which is debuting next month. So evidently their protocols didn't call for her to be vaccinated, only quarantined and tested. So she likely could still get away with doing those (until they start requiring vaccinations, which they should).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2021 11:18 PM

Laura Osnes. ONLY on Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2021 3:20 PM

I don't know her but I'm sure she'll hand me fries at the drive thru in the future

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2021 3:33 PM

Even McDonald's wouldn't hire her.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2021 3:43 PM

Let's be honest, none of these anti-vaxx assholes who take all sorts of pills and shots and medical advice, wouldn't hesitate if not for the anti-science clowns on the right-wing with NO medical backgrounds, brainwashing these imbeciles.

Does anyone ask these morons why are you listening to people who ARE vaccinated telling you not to get vaccinated? Does anyone ask them?

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2021 4:16 PM

Does anyone more tuned-in to Broadway know if she knew or had ever worked with the poor Broadway performer who died a slow, agonizing Covid death, complete with amputation(s)?

Or even his wife who, I believe, is also a Broadway performer??

Because if so, and she continued her stance on this - she is an unmitigated cunt!

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2021 4:28 PM

Every soul is entitled to live according to their convictions and work without wearing a hair net.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2021 4:44 PM

And every employer is entitled to protect their business by protecting the countless other souls who matter more than that one, self-absorbed soul.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2021 4:47 PM

R58 Nick Cordero, and no. If he had, Amanda Kloots would've used this as a chance for some more publicity by now.

Though I'd still say Osnes is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2021 4:54 PM

Javier Munoz responds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2021 4:55 PM

We never should have ended blacklisting.

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2021 4:57 PM

She's one of the most bland performers on Broadway. No big loss if she ends up on the dinner theatre circuit.

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2021 4:58 PM

I wouldn't even hire these fundie bitches for community theater, never mind any type that actually pays.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2021 5:00 PM

Those fucking Karens think they're so goddamn entitled. First, they think they can take our men away, then they think they can endanger our lives. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2021 5:01 PM

Broadway performer Laura Osnes fired from show for not being talented.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2021 6:35 PM

While I generally don't try to denigrate the uneducated, since for many they don't have the opportunity, Laura Osnes dropped out of college to pursue a stage career. She might be a talented performer, but this is one of those moments where someone who clearly chose to be uneducated sadly doubles down on that choice.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Excellent article in LA Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2021 12:30 AM

She's back...now suing the Post for this story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 19, 2022 8:58 AM

"She now performs three times a week as a vocalist in a musical circus show in Nashville, Tennessee"

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2022 9:02 AM

r68 Based on all the evidence, this cunt is too stupid to benefit from a college education.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2022 1:29 PM

More on the lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2022 5:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!