Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"CBS This Morning" Shakeup: Former NFL Player Nate Burleson to Replace Anthony Mason

The "NFL Today" analyst will join Gayle King and Tony Dokoupil on the CBS morning show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2021 11:00 PM

The new EP is a "Tameka" who allowed Gayle to "T" the "V" to get her promotion. Tossed the old white guy to the sidelines, got a trendy ex NFL'er who is a poet(closeted fag like Miss Strahan), Could they be any more "multi-cultural" than an Indian co- President & white fish!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2021 4:42 PM

Stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Datalounge is about 80% trolls today.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2021 4:54 PM

I call it being "brutally honest"

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2021 4:57 PM

Is Vlad on suicide watch?

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2021 7:36 PM

This news saddens me. This guy subbed once for Vlad and was he such a thirst trap/hot dog. I like Anthony Mason.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Once Anthony is gone, so am I. Nothing against the new guy (know nothing about him) but I'm a huge Anthony Mason fan and now that they're pushing him out (because I do believe that's what this is -- I'm sure he didn't volunteer to step aside), no reason for me to watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2021 4:49 PM

In related news, the show's name will change to "Gayle King This Morning, Starring Gayle King."

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2021 5:20 PM

I got to where I am on my own merit, it has nothing to do with eating O's snatch house for 30 years!

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2021 5:39 PM

It looks like CBS is trying to push This Morning to be more like GMA and Today. It will never work. Having Drew Barrymore as guest co-host for a week was... well, need I say more?

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2021 5:46 PM

Gayle King has ruined this morning show.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2021 11:17 PM

Big muscle man Tony Dokoupil better watch his step....he's next in Gayle's master plan. He is so handsome, muscular, and hunky.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2021 11:27 PM

Love Anthony Mason. I like Gayle King but she acts like the show is called CBS this morning Starring Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2021 11:29 PM

How can you like that social climbing, closet case, R13?

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2021 11:37 PM

#1, I didn't understand a word you said.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2021 11:40 PM

LOL!! That’s what Miss Anthony Mason gets for sitting there and parroting amd agreeing and gushing over every fucking thing Gayle King says. She jacked his self loathing white ass good.. the blacks ONLY wanna work with other blacks

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2021 11:41 PM

The more they make this like Today or GMA the less I want to watch it.

Anthony Mason has been screwed twice now. He had the lead in getting CBS Sunday Morning until Jane Pauley's twitchy ass showed up.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2021 11:42 PM

That guy replace Mason a fucking insufferable. He “models” his socks every day and cuts the legs off his suit pants to makes them suit shorts, and he thinks he’s absolutely AHDORABLE! Gayle gushes over him (he’s black after all) and his smug drips from the screen.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2021 12:01 AM

of all the people on that show that 's the one they are replacing? I liked Gayle for a while but after a while she started to get on my nerves. I have never liked Tony. guess I'm done with morning tv. It was the best show of the 3 because it was mostly news but they have been moving towards other crap which was starting to get annoying. Now I can't stand this change and I detest the nightly news. oh well, everything changes but not always for the best.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2021 12:08 AM

Norah, you in danger, girl! I bet she’s next to leave her anchor spot.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2021 12:16 AM

Well R20, GAYle already banished Norah to the nightly news hoping she would fail. I don't know what the ratings are like but I don't think they are great. GAYle is a moron who does not give a shit about what she says on air because she knows her lover will protect her.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2021 2:27 AM

R20 In all seriousness.....it was Susan Zelinsky who hired Norah, and Susan just left, so yeah, CBS might decide to do yet another switcheroonie.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2021 2:27 AM

To R15 I will translate for you, the Tameka is the new EP(exec Producer Shawna Thomas) that Gayle "T'ed the V"(tongues the vadge) while Orca watched and approved. The olde white guy get tossed to the sidelines(Anthony Mason) because he is the old white guy to was too agreeable to Orca lover. he is being replaced by a trendy ex-NFL'er BLM poet who is a closet fagola(like Miss Michael Strahan) Because Gayle controls the show(due to her access to ORCA) And the 2 of them are the right shade of brown. Even though her people don't wake up to 11am. How is that!!

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2021 3:23 AM

I could just about understand R23.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2021 3:27 AM

Major Garrett has been on for Norah all week, bringing some big-dick energy to the show.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2021 3:39 AM

Anthony Mason, Jeff Glor, John Dickerson and Scott Pelley probably have an awesome group text going.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2021 10:16 AM

How did Tameka get to her position? Did she T someone's V too?

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2021 10:27 AM

Gurl, this has been "the Gayle King show" from day one.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2021 11:14 AM

LOL R26. I miss Jeff Glor and also Pelley's huge arms. I always like the two women that sub on the show often. One of them is subbing for Anthony today. Tony K. looks hot without a tie today.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2021 2:20 PM

I guess I'll go over to Today. Craig Melvin is hot, but has scrawny arms.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2021 2:36 PM

I wish I could see Daddy Scott and his biceps topping Jeff Glor.

Let Jeff moan with that adorable little lisp.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

CBS this morning is also my favorite breakfast show too. I hope they aren't going to destroy this show. I know I'll still watch though.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2021 4:46 PM

R32, they pretty much destroyed it when they got rid of Charlie Rose. It was a fresh, solid morning news show with no agenda. Until Gayle got rid of the bigger name and took over.

I often wonder about these guys who were fired after one or a few women accused them of harassment. You never hear of them going to court over it. And was he slapping women on the ass? Or, could he have been asking them out? Maybe even just once? Why do we never hear what "sexual harassment via unwanted advances" are? Was he really preying on women? Or was it a time or two of being crass or asking the wrong woman out? Or, maybe it was indeed something more egregious. But we never seem to hear of that. Only the destruction of the man's life at the very accusation. American "journalism" will not allow further explanation or questioning. It seems all about getting said man out of the way to appease this woman or that woman, no matter how subjective his actions may have possibly been.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2021 4:59 PM

I like Mason, he’s very easygoing. He seems like if he walked into the sauna and saw someone blowing someone, he would just walk out without telling management. Gayle was OK when she was the underdog, now she’s an insufferable name-dropper. Tony, with his bedroom eyes, is handsome but neutered. Vlad has way too much chirpy energy.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Vlad is a cutie pie with an adorable personality and, I think, a nice body under that suit.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

As someone mentioned upthread, I believe they're trying to go the GMA route by hiring their own Michael Strahan-type thinking it will boost ratings for the show.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2021 5:16 PM

Who is Vlad?

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Vlad Duthiers, CBS News correspondent, who sometimes subs on the show whenever one of the regular hosts is out. His super-bubbly personality has made him a viewer favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Is Vlad out? I mean, there is no reason for him to announce what is obvious but sometimes he is so queeny on air it is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 5:45 PM

OH HER

I know him. I didn't realize that was his name.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2021 5:46 PM

Well, R39, for what it's worth, he did recently get married:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2021 5:55 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2021 5:57 PM

Thoughts and prayers that Tony Dokoupil makes it through this and any coming shakeups. I know he's Heterosexual From Space, but he's awfully easy on the eye. And yet shirtless photos of him do not appear to exist on the Internet -- no fair!

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote]Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

Because Michael Strahan ended up being great for Live with Kelly and then for Good Morning America women (who thought he was hot) and men (who were okay with a former football player delivering their news) liked to watch him.

It's not so much about pushing out the old "white" guy as it is about copying that formula. He's kept himself in shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2021 6:08 PM

Vlad is married to an Asian woman. You know what THAT means, DL!

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2021 6:44 PM

Stay at home moms want to watch someone they can fantasize about having sex with their husbands leave for work. Don't you?

And plus, all the hot journalists work at CNN!

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2021 1:24 AM

I'm in shock that Vlad is going through life as a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2021 10:48 PM

Have they announced this on the show yet?

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Quite the brain trust there.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2021 9:22 PM

If adding Nate doesn't pull them out of third place in the ratings, are they finally going to get rid of Gayle?

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2021 9:41 PM

The network morning news shows are all for shit at this point.

CBS - can’t stand Gayle. Never could

NBC - Craig Melvin is okay, but Guthrie, Kotb, and Roker are awful.

ABC - I like Robin Roberts but her voice grates on me. I detest Strahan. Little George is tolerable in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2021 9:57 PM

When they signed off today- Gayle beaming in the middle and the boys in profile- Tony looked sad and troubled. He wants out.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2021 9:59 PM

Who can blame him, R52? I feel sorry for anyone who has to pretend to like Gayle and give her constant validation and praise. Tony's balls are in a jar in Gayle's dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2021 10:09 PM

Any CBS insiders here who have a little scoop?

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2021 10:17 PM

I can't stand Anthony Mason, CBS was scraping bottom putting him on the am show.. What the hell happened to John Dickerson?

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2021 10:48 PM

I think John Dickerson is on 60 Minutes now. Gayle and O can't chase the white men away fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2021 11:24 PM

I want John Dickerson on the morning show.

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2021 11:45 PM

Will he axe gayle a question yo? Cause he ain’t no journalist.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2021 12:15 AM

They should have given the job to Levar Burton as a consolation prize for not winning the Jeopardy gig.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2021 12:49 AM

I like and respect Anthony Mason. He reminds me of a beloved college professor with whom you can discuss any topic. He shares his vast knowledge of music and culture with sounding arrogant or know it all. Gayle is too Afro Centric for such a diverse audience. A couple of weeks ago she spoke of her future grandchild’s room being adorned with Black images. Now., it is great that she speaks about Black culture and history, but she seems to be of limited culture and perspective. I am part Black, btw: part African, Jamaican, German and Cherokee.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2021 1:43 AM

This is not right at all.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2021 1:49 AM

Mason has no fucks left to give. I'm watching right now, and Gayle continually cuts him off and he just keeps going until his point is made. Total train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2021 11:57 AM

Jesus, I'm watching right now too and Gayle is a fucking moron. She just used the word "hateraid" about 10 times while talking about Lizzo crying without her weave over people calling her fat (which she is so don't see the problem).

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Anthony Mason was one in a long line of milquetoast CBS men. I don't know where they find these dull sexless guys. But Mason is now 65, and I'm just fine with them replacing his dyed comb over ass with someone with a pulse.

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2021 2:35 PM

CBS News has jumped the shark . 48 Hours is crap now, BORING crap

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2021 2:45 PM

I'm tired of seeing ex-NFL players trying to cross over. Strahan kicked Kelly Ripa in the vagina when he left - and he's not good.

I had no love for Anthony Mason - he really is just an old white guy. But now there's 3 black people and Tony? 13% of the US population is black - does this seem fair? Particularly to add someone with no experience outside of throwing a football around?

They should have added a Latino or Asian.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2021 2:55 PM

You have a problem with this "seem fair" crap, R66. TV is not the place to be "fair."

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2021 2:58 PM

The weekend trio for CBS This Morning is worth watching; the weekdays, not so much. Gayle is a pompous ass and gives her opinion about everything, whether you want to hear it or not. Plus, she believes she's the spokesperson for all American blacks. What's funny (ironic funny, not haha funny) is that she damned near had a heart attack when she found out on PBS's Finding Your Roots that she's actually 30% white. She was so embarrassed she looked like she wanted to crawl under a rock. Poor Gayle! Not as black as she thought she was.

Tony's kind of a lightweight, but I like Vlad and Anthony. Too bad Anthony's getting cut. I liked the new guy when I saw his tryouts, but probably not enough to keep watching after Anthony's gone.

The ABC morning show is one long commercial for Disney and other ABC vehicles (and I hate that Strahan guy -- between his lisp and the gap between his teeth he makes me crazy), and now NBC (which used to be a serious news show!) is nothing but housewife hints from Heloise.

Guess I'll be sleeping in.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2021 3:22 PM

I can't watch the weekend show because of that pretentious Boy Who Would Be King asshole, Jeff Glor.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2021 3:24 PM

I thought Anthony was kinda stodgy, then one day he said he used to try to get into Studio 54 back when he was young. I bet he's fun off-camera.

On-camera he's sort of olde skool, back when you had to be rigid and authoritative (i.e. boring).

They should give Gayle two sassy black gay guys and she can play schoolmarm.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2021 3:29 PM

Would even Gayle KIng be where she's at without being besties with Oprah?

Does this Nate Burleson, even HAVE a degree in broadcasting/journalism?NO!....He graduated with a degree in human development and family studies.[6]

Is it any wonder why morning quote "news shows" here in the united states is a joke! 90% entertainment and 10% black and white "news"...

AND not a shred of embarrassment that those who are not qualified, not experienced, not educated, who never ever EVER worked their way up (bush hager on the today show, strahan on GMA, etc) take these jobs!

GUESS i'ma old fundie dudie! i expect all jobs careers to be one of education and earned it!...

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]I bet he's fun off-camera

Yeah, I'll bet Anthony Mason could do The Hustle in a wooden pain-by-the-numbers style!

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2021 3:39 PM

R68 - I don't believe that Gayle was embarrassed by that. Almost every black American on that show has a significant amount of white DNA. Hell, Gates himself is 51% white.

The former head of the NAACP, Ben Jealous, is only 13% white. I went to college with him and I remember thinking - why is this white guy all stirred up about black causes?

This should not be a shock to most Black Americans - perhaps the percentage - but she's far from unique.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2021 3:52 PM

Gayle King has ruined this fucking show and the husbear still insists that we sit there and watch it for an hour each morning. Every single news item.. Every. Single. ONE, Gayle King must either apply a race-based spin on it, or bloviate. She also seems very immature nearly every day. Like her use today of "HaterAid". She's used that one before. She also makes them use urban/poppy bumper music and will be "dancing" sometimes when they come back from a break, and she'll comment on some cultural trend that kids are into as if she's done it or does it. Mentally, she's very young and is fighting age like a rabid tiger, and she wants you to know she's "down" with the cool kids.

That Anthony Mason has literally given her three hours of daily cunniligus every since he came on, which has made me detest the man. Still, I would often tell the husband "Wait. Just wait. He's gone any day now. There is no way she's keeping that guy around". And, yep... off he goes now that enough time has past since the last little scandal CBS went through. Gayle takes cues from Oprah and is her most devoted sychophant.

Don't any of you pretend that they have not already engineered getting rid of eye candy Tony Dokoupil - WHY? Gayle wants to be seen as a "historic" journalist like her BFF. I actually kind of like Gayle King in small doses, but she's turned into this squawking "BLACK! BLACK!! BLACK!!" cultural cheerleader thing. EVERY little black girl with a cute viral video is gushed over. EVERY black celebrity gets gushing reviews and praise by Gayle. Gayle literally tells the viewers who to like, and who not to like. - So, she is acutely aware that she can accomplish becoming a historic figure in American television journalism by helming America's first all-black television morning show and news program. This is where the transition is going. She's rid the control room of the caucasian male producers and they have, not surprisingly, been replaced by black women. One more change to go, sending DoKoupil off into the sunset, and Gayle will achieve her little coup and feel that she's now become a legitimate, historic personality in her own rite. That is exactly where it's going. Bookmark this thread, come back and buy me a fucking beer when it happens! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2021 6:01 PM

I like Gayle. She has a real people vibe. But they ruined this show (and really ruined Face Yhe Nation) when they took out John Dickerson.

TV needs smarts too.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2021 6:15 PM

I have been watching all the news programs on CBS for years. About 1-2 years ago, everything changed. There are more commercials than there is content. I had always liked Gayle up until George Floyd's death and then the real Gayle seem to come out. Not only is she all about Black but there is an underlying racism against whites. If you've noticed too, that almost all the last segments were about black people. I have no problem with these segments but they should be scattered throughout the program.

I still think that CBS has the most news of the 3 but it seems to be changing somewhat. I can't stand all that fluff on the other stations.

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2021 6:36 PM

I don't have cable so I occasionally flick past these shows in the morning. They are just an insult to the brain (and my IQ is only in the teens).

The world is getting dumber. They want a Donald Trump Dictator to take care of everything, and television to be laffs and fluff. Movies to be action and cartoons. Newspapers are dying, magazines are folding.

We'll be Brazil in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Gdamn I guess I’m gonna have to watch morning Joe now, am network news is now unwatchable. Hope Anthony Mason lands somewhere ok for him. Fuck Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2021 7:47 PM

R76 - there is an imbalance. Even the daily 'picks' - content that each person selects for the day - are frequently black people, chosen by Tony and Anthony. Then Gayle invariably chooses another black person.

I'm for representation but it's getting a bit ridiculous. And former NFL guys have no business being on a morning show - I don't care who it is. It is still reporting - it's not a chat show.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2021 7:48 PM

Earth to R78: CBS News This Morning, Good Morning America and the Today Show, are not "network news." They're entertainment shows that revolve around news of all kinds, even if it's news about it's a two-headed snake.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2021 10:04 PM

I can see the logic for this - they want to try to get a "younger demo" but newsflash: young people don't watch the news on TV! Stodgy old people do & Anthony Mason was their guy. Add to that the presence of Gayle, an annoying, name dropping lightweight that Helen Keller could tell you is only there because of her friendship with Orca and further down the drain the whole thing this show goes.

He may have been a pervy old bird, but I agree that the show has never been the same since they got rid of Charlie Rose.

The state of crappy TV makes me glad I'm working

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2021 10:18 PM

R81 how does it feel to so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2021 10:27 PM

Fun fact: Anthony Mason's ex-wife is "Ask Amy" author (for whatever it's worth)

I wouldn't feel too bad for Anthony; he probably got a big payoff from CBS to go quietly so he can retire to some landed gentry life in the country.

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2021 10:33 PM

R83, Anthony is under contract. They'll do something with him while he's being paid, not buy out the contract. It may be shitty work, but he'll get his paycheck. When it expires, it's off to the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2021 10:37 PM

By the looks of Anthony's home when they were filming offset, Mr. Mason will be fine. He doesn't have to worry about money.

And he's 65 - fucking retire and have fun with your money!

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2021 10:57 PM

I love how we all still after all the evidence, refer to Gayle as O's "friend".

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2021 11:38 PM

Gayle and Oprah think there is something shameful about being gay

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]And he's 65 - fucking retire and have fun with your money!

Or off to the GLUE FACTORY!

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2021 1:13 AM

R73, before you tell me she wasn't embarrassed, did you watch the show? You should have seen the look on her face. That told the whole story.

But whatever.

by Anonymousreply 89August 19, 2021 1:37 AM

Glue factory?

by Anonymousreply 90August 19, 2021 1:45 AM

I have watched the CBS morning show for years, until the Oprah/Harkles interview follow up. I got sick and tired of GK carrying on about what a great interview it was, how "they've got receipts!," etc. I haven't turned it back on (I tried a few days of NBC and ABC and they are still bad). They are stupid to give up their position as more news-oriented. The other two shows have the entertainment angle all wrapped up. The CBS news department must be nearly dead now.

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2021 2:58 AM

Glue Factory: the place where old horses are sent so their bones can be made into glue; a similar, imaginary place for people

by Anonymousreply 92August 19, 2021 2:34 PM

What is with with Gayle King constantly using terms like "HaterAide" and "She has the receipts!". Is she mentally retarded? What 60+ y.o. woman, especially one who wants you to see her as a professional journalist, talks this way on a national news program? She's a fucking mess that woman.

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2021 2:40 PM

CBS brass tells Gayle to talk like an idiot so the show will gain more Millennial viewers. Up till 18 months ago, it was strictly for the over 60 set.

by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2021 2:46 PM

Is Gayle still stuffing herself into tight dresses, proudly displaying her fat and flabby upper arms?

(I can't be bothered to actually turn on the TV to check).

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2021 2:51 PM

Casual Friday. Mason sans tie, and Dokoupil in white sneakers and no socks.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2021 11:12 AM

Tony isn't wearing his usual black sneakers????

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2021 11:19 AM

Say what you want about Gayle, but she isn’t the ONLY person benefiting from nepotism in this industry. At least she tries to keep it professional.

Yes, This Morning is all about her. They need to tame that a bit. I like a mixed round table and I’m not sure following GMA is it…

I stopped watching Morning Joe in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2021 1:12 PM

R97 , he was wearing a casual blue suit over a black crew neck t-shirt, and white sneakers without socks. He looked like he was doing Miami Vice cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2021 2:56 PM

This morning GAYle kept the audience spell bound as she relived the childhood horror of realizing her hair was different from white people's hair.

I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2021 3:16 PM

"I grew up in Turkey and my best friend had blond hair and pigtails and her pigtails swished around her head and mine stuck straight out!"

R100, that was when I changed the channel.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2021 8:30 AM

Black bald again! Where’s a white skin worshipper to go these days?Lol. It reminds me of the first fight I recall to do with racial bigotry. I was in kindergarten and a white girl lashed out at a little black girl with “Black bare butt!”’ Then the black girl retorted with “White bare butt!” Before the children came to blows, the teacher quickly ordered them to their seats.

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2021 9:04 AM

[quote]"I grew up in Turkey and my best friend had blond hair and pigtails and her pigtails swished around her head and mine stuck straight out!"

Maybe her best friend was DL favorite Rhoda Penmark.

"I'll give you a basket of kisses Gayle for that ratty wig & stretched to the limit Spanx!"

by Anonymousreply 103August 23, 2021 11:25 AM

Gayle King's net worth is 40M. Please keep your complaints to yourself, Miss.

Black fragility is the new white fragility. .

by Anonymousreply 104August 23, 2021 11:54 AM

Good god, how many times are they going to have The Brothers Osborne on the show? Is this so Gayle can seem "hip" by asking the gay one for the millionth time about his coming out?

by Anonymousreply 105August 23, 2021 1:45 PM

LOL R96 - Yes! She is STILL wearing those lycra-looking, tight wrap dresses and looks like twine around a loaf of bread. Fat oozing out everywhere. Not saying she looks horrible but she does look uncomfortable. I don't get the thing where fat or doughy women wear really tight shirts, pants or dresses. It looks so uncomfortable.

This morning, Gayle made sure her lap dog Vlad did another promo for LeVar Burton to host Jeopardy! Looking straight into the camera, Vlad fake-whispered "Hey Jeopardy, LeVar is STILL available!". They're as obvious as they are pathetic. And wait till that gay black guy shows up. That's where the smug and self-righteousness will really become insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2021 2:43 PM

GAYle is ignorant and obnoxious but we tolerate her so we can maintain our pole position up her lover Ocra's ass.

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]LOL [R96] - Yes! She is STILL wearing those lycra-looking, tight wrap dresses and looks like twine around a loaf of bread. Fat oozing out everywhere.

This line made me laugh out loud; one gets the sense that if Gayle's spanx every just gave up one day, the entire CBS set would be enveloped in cellulite & lycra

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2021 5:18 PM

I think this morning was Anthony's last show. At least it seemed to be since they were showing clips and gave him bread rolls at the end.

by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2021 2:09 AM

I no longer watch daily. I'm turning more to NPR for morning news. Rose had to go but I miss those days. For a the few minutes that I did watch this week, I could have sworn I saw a Gayle, Tony and Anthony on a sofa. The end is nigh.

Gayle's oh I'm so easy and breezy act worn off after about 3 shows. Yes, being relaxed and not being super smooth is a great act to pull off on tv. Problem with Gayle is that she makes a gaffe every fucking segment every fucking day. That's not being relaxed and casual, it's just lousy preparation and presentation. Is she really the lynchpin of the show. Will ratings go to hell if she's not around. They're in 3rd place, I wish CBS would go back to being semi-serious news in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2021 2:20 AM

Sorry I missed Anthony's last day. Vlad is looking particularly ghoulish this morning; I find him hard to look at on his best day. GAYle is a fucking moron as usual, and Vlad tried to get Tony to unbutton his shirt during the Abba segment.

by Anonymousreply 111August 27, 2021 11:47 AM

I suspect Vlad is secretly hot for Tony.

by Anonymousreply 112August 27, 2021 12:25 PM

Is this the colored news show?

by Anonymousreply 113August 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Tony must know that he's next.

by Anonymousreply 114August 27, 2021 12:50 PM

I remember when a segment about scientology based on the recent documentary "going clear" was on the show and Gayle "interviewed" Mike Rinder, who along with Leah Remini is the loudest most experienced former member of that cult spreading the word about it, after the interview ended, Gayle said "well, it's still around!" WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN! DUMB ASS! alot of bad things are still around, so???????

by Anonymousreply 115August 27, 2021 1:03 PM

Morning television blows a two-by-four double-barreled dildo -- turn that shit off!

You'll be smarter when you do.

by Anonymousreply 116August 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Starting with the black female producers she hired, after getting rid of the white women and men in the production booth, GAYle King has been aiming to create an "all African American morning show" for a few years now. And she gutted an Emmy-winning, rapidly ratings-rising program to do it. All in the name of BLACK BLACK BLACK!?

Really sorry that a couple of women got offended at Charlie Rose trying to ask them out. But it was a fresh, creative morning show when he was there and something that Americans who watch television desperately needed. But, nope. Race diversity, (i.e. pandering to anyone and everyone black) must trump everything in modern America. Asians? Gays? Lesbians? Indigenous people? Who needs THAT shitty diversity. Let's go black baby!!

by Anonymousreply 117August 27, 2021 1:38 PM

Excuse me, CBS Morning News has Lesbians and Gays galore.

by Anonymousreply 118August 27, 2021 10:28 PM

There was a divorce segment this morning. Vlad’s on his second marriage. He’s previously divorced in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 119September 3, 2021 1:41 PM

Annulled in Europe

by Anonymousreply 120September 3, 2021 3:22 PM

I have no idea what R118 is talking about. I'm a 100% hot-blooded heterosexualist.

by Anonymousreply 121September 3, 2021 5:03 PM

So what do you think of the new - breathlessly voiced - Easter Basket-looking setup

- - - Tony Doukopil

by Anonymousreply 122September 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Wow, that new set is hideous. Did Gayle design it?

Hope Tony is sending out resumes.

by Anonymousreply 123September 7, 2021 1:33 PM

How much did they have to pay Gayle and Nora to share a set this morning?

by Anonymousreply 124September 7, 2021 1:37 PM

Tony was really keyed up this morning. He got all pissy when the new guy sneezed and Gayle said "bless you" as Tony was speaking. Joking or not it came off awwwwkward!

by Anonymousreply 125September 7, 2021 2:03 PM

Sounds like an interesting moment, R125. Hate I missed it.

According to this article, Tony attempted to deliver a cake and fruit basket to GMA but was refused. Why would they refuse? You can't accept a nice goodwill gesture just because it's coming from one of your rivals? Did they think CBS had laced the cake with cyanide?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 7, 2021 7:28 PM

It was a little cringey when Gayle handed the new guy with a piece of the Times Square New Years ball drop. Tony looked a little hurt.

by Anonymousreply 127September 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Is the new guy Kid or Play?

- That hair do!!

by Anonymousreply 128September 8, 2021 1:27 AM

Didn't watch it this morning (and I usually do). I guess that says it all.

by Anonymousreply 129September 8, 2021 1:47 AM

Did r1 really call a black woman a "Tameka"? Did he get banned from Stormfront?

by Anonymousreply 130September 8, 2021 1:51 AM

To R130...But was I wrong about the situation with GAYle, Tony. Antony and the CBS morning show? Crudely written(YES), but I'm rarely wrong about these situations. Should I have called her "Shonda or LaQuita"? I don't even know what Stormfront is(other than Nazi reference??) Happy Post Labor Day everyone...get your vaccines. Thanks Datalounge!!

by Anonymousreply 131September 8, 2021 3:44 AM

I couldn't believe how much they fawned over Nate - "He's got swagger! We're so lucky to have got you!"

?? What the fuck has he ever done? He's done some football commentary - that's it.

Meanwhile, the others have spent decades with degrees in Journalism and Communications working their way up the ladder, starting off in smaller markets, and gaining a reputation.

But - hey - we get a former NFL star! Foolishness - this man doesn't belong there. There are thousands of other black men they could have chosen, if that was the demographic they wanted to court.

by Anonymousreply 132September 8, 2021 3:51 AM

I honestly don't know why they didn't choose Vlad. Say what you will, he has personality plus and appears to be very popular with viewers. I think making him the permanent replacement for Anthony would've made a lot more sense.

by Anonymousreply 133September 8, 2021 4:28 AM

Just call the show"Two black Fags& Orca's pussy eater" on CBS this morning. 1st interview, watching GAYle masterbate!! That should get some ratings.

by Anonymousreply 134September 8, 2021 4:33 AM

Again? They revamp the show every few years yet never get out of last place in the ratings. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 135September 8, 2021 8:01 AM

Watching the revamp for the first time this morning. They have brought in a "DJ" like Ellen has on her show. It is pathetic but not as pathetic as Tony trying desperately to be down with the black people (and failing). GAYle will run this shitshow into the ground and even her lover Ocra won't be able to save it.

by Anonymousreply 136September 8, 2021 12:14 PM

Just back from commercial and I have to pretend that I am enjoying trying "groove" to this stupid fucking DJ. I look so awkward. I can't wait for this to be over.

by Anonymousreply 137September 8, 2021 12:33 PM

I actually started laughing when they brought out the DJ. Really Gayle???

by Anonymousreply 138September 8, 2021 1:31 PM

The show appears to have become the Gayle King Hour.

It’s awful.

She needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 139September 8, 2021 3:05 PM

The new guy is Strahan levels of bad.

by Anonymousreply 140September 8, 2021 3:13 PM

Though it was cute watching Tony try to be hip, I have to agree that bringing on a DJ really smacks of desperation and, frankly, a sad turn of events for what had been widely regarded as the most serious of the morning network news programs. Anthony Mason, if he was watching from home, must have been cringing in his pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 141September 8, 2021 3:26 PM

Ugh morning television. Who watches this shit?

by Anonymousreply 142September 8, 2021 3:37 PM

Anthony Mason has ben assigned to do reports on music and musicians. I'm sure he is as happy as a lark. At least he sounded like it when he said that was what he would be doing.

by Anonymousreply 143September 8, 2021 3:51 PM

And right now he’s signing like a lark who is learning to pray . . .

by Anonymousreply 144September 8, 2021 4:55 PM

Didn’t watch. I thought that they are trying to distance themselves from those “other” morning shows (that get higher ratings) by being all newsy. A dj? Is that the answer to their ratings woes? Neither GMA or Today have a dj. This won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 145September 8, 2021 4:57 PM

Too bad we no longer have any insiders here, I would love to know what people are thinking behind the scenes and at the other networks. GMA must be hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 146September 8, 2021 7:16 PM

They co-opted and sharted on Abblasen Fanfare. It should have been respected and left to CBS Sunday Morning.

by Anonymousreply 147September 9, 2021 3:45 AM

Cheezus! It sounds over the top embarrassing from the reports here. Trying to bring a cake to GMA? A DJ?!? Even the hip gay clothing stores did away with those years ago.

Did the new faggy fag hag Nate wear his suit shorts this week? How heavy was his lipgloss? This is what old Anthony Mason gets for sitting therre and lapping-up every drop of drivel Gayle has spewed over the last few years. Didn't work out too well for him, did it?

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2021 1:22 PM

Would love to know how the viewers are reacting to this latest change. I know I bailed.

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Here's info on the latest morning show ratings, week ending August 30th, so just before they launched their latest rebrand. They're not even close. Today and GMA still dominate them. I don't think a DJ's gonna help.

[quote] From AdWeek: Today was the No. 1 morning show for the week of Aug. 30 across the board, topping GMA in the key A25-54 demo and in average total viewers. The win marks the NBC morning show’s seventh across-the-board victory this season and biggest total audience delivery in six months (3.50 million). The show also delivered its largest A25-54 audience in five months (986,000). - Relative to the previous week (Aug. 23), Today grew by +11% in average total viewers and +10% among the key A25-54 demo. Relative to the same week in 2020, Today grew +7% in average total viewers, but shed -1% of its A25-54 audience. - In addition to averaging a larger total audience than GMA last week, Today has been the No. 1 morning show in the key A25-54 demo for 309 of the past 314 weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2021 3:21 PM

Why is this show even still on? It has been in third place ever since it started in the 70s. Bring back Captain Kangaroo!

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2021 3:25 PM

R150 the new set and dj debuted this week though

by Anonymousreply 152September 9, 2021 7:27 PM

I watched for a few minutes the other morning -- long enough to notice that the new guy can't read his lines very well.

Prediction: he'll be gone before Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 153September 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Jesus... an audience of 3.5 million is considered a success in 2021? There are over 300 million Americans and US corporations spend hundreds of millions of dollars catering to a max, 3.5 million?

Something is seriously wrong with this country.

by Anonymousreply 154September 10, 2021 10:00 AM

I’m shocked that Vlad is married to a woman!! I seriously thought he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2021 10:22 AM

I'm predicting another revamp by year's end. Tony is no longer taking Gayle's bait, which makes for some awkward transitions. It's pretty unwatchable, and it's only week one.

by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2021 11:31 AM

What has happened to Gayle's face? It looks like a death mask.

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2021 11:37 AM

I noticed that too, R157. And she's using her wig to cover her cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]Tony is no longer taking Gayle's bait, which makes for some awkward transitions.

R156, what do you mean exactly?

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2021 8:46 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 160September 11, 2021 3:30 PM

It is so jarring to have their "DJ" playing them in/out with hip-hop/rap. They should know their demographic does not want to hear that shit in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 161September 13, 2021 12:19 PM

Tried to watch it again this morning at 8AM. I made it for perhaps 10 minutes. Excruciatingly bad. What a shame. Now I'm watching local news in the AM, and I'll catch up with BBC World (PBS) in the evening.

I can't be the only one who bailed, can I?

by Anonymousreply 162September 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Dreadful

by Anonymousreply 163September 13, 2021 12:30 PM

R161 here. I predict the DJ will be the second one to go after they give Tony the inevitable ax. There is no way they can keep this shit going.

by Anonymousreply 164September 13, 2021 12:31 PM

Actually, at the rate they're going, they're probably going to replace Tony with the DJ.

by Anonymousreply 165September 13, 2021 12:54 PM

I want Tony deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 166September 13, 2021 1:57 PM

I only watch for Tony. He's a sexy muscle hunk.

by Anonymousreply 167September 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Gayle worked best when balanced by the gravitas of Charlie and Norah.

When Bezos took his ride into space after Branson's, Gayle repeatedly asked of her cohosts, then Bezos himself, “isn’t [this] a game of ‘Whose is bigger?’ Honestly, it really isn’t?”

Comments like this may be what R156 what referring to when he or she says Tony is no longer taking the bait. Gayle will throw some silly nonsense out there that creates awkwardness unless someone jumps in to save the "bit". Tony now sits back and lets the stupidity hang in the air. He was supposed to provide some morning swagger but that's hard to do as a neutered second banana.

CBS Saturday's Michelle Miller would make this shitshow better. They'd have to dump Gayle and get rid of some of the new bullshit. Miller is smart, fun, has gravitas when needed, is telegenic and she switches up her hair. Drop the new guy and put Vlad in his place. You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2021 4:40 AM

That's exactly what I meant, R168 .

R156

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2021 12:07 PM

Dump Gayle and the new guy and plug in Jeff Glor and Michelle Miller. I agree with R168. Miller is enjoyable, professional, and literate. This morning Burleson appears to have taken a crash course in the Gio Benitiz School of Hand Flailing. I also like Anna Warner.

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2021 1:31 PM

Tameeka Duncan is awesome also.

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2021 1:44 PM

I third Michelle Miller and Jeff Glor. And Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2021 6:57 PM

You can bet if we're talking abut Michelle Miller, other people are as well. Gayle, you in danger, girl.

by Anonymousreply 173September 15, 2021 12:36 AM

Ratings for the first week sucked. They lost viewers from the week before.

by Anonymousreply 174September 15, 2021 2:19 AM

No surprise. The audience they did have was not tuning in for a DJ and former NFL player pretending to be a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 175September 15, 2021 2:24 AM

If R174's post is accurate and ratings continue to slide, I don't think they will get rid of Gayle, they will likely get rid of the new guy first. (I think firing Gayle, star of the show and Oprah's gal pal, would be a potential P.R. nightmare that the network would rather avoid whereas jettisoning Burleson would just be a hiccup, no disrespect intended.) We would get the standard-issue press release about how "it was Nate's decision because he never knew doing a morning network television show would be so hard on his family" and that he realized he "wants to spend more time with his kids," yada yada yada. That may be when Vlad finally gets his shot at the regular hosting gig, which might actually work since viewers like him.

by Anonymousreply 176September 15, 2021 2:54 AM

R176 sounds like he knows what he's talking about. More, please.

by Anonymousreply 177September 15, 2021 3:38 AM

Oh, I don't know, R176. Maybe CBS can give Gayle a gig deal a la Rachael M. where she does some network specials and appears on the CBS morning show only intermittently. Gayle isn't getting any younger, you know!

by Anonymousreply 178September 15, 2021 10:44 AM

They have an abundance of woke, black people on as guests each day. GAYle can't stop interrupting everyone with her stupid commentary and cannot read a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 179September 15, 2021 12:11 PM

The husband is still watching this mess and I venture in the living room with my coffee every morning just to get a glance. And yeah, there is definitely a hard push with the woke black thing. I find them all insufferable.

They should fade them all off. Install Jeff Glor, the BEAUTIFUL and incredibly talented, (and professional) Jericka Duncan and one other journalist type who can helm the more fluffy stuff. (But no, absolutely not Michelle Miller. She's polarizing and really hard on the eyes. Talk about wedging-in woke commentary. And she's noted for only wanting to do interest stories focused solely on black people.).

Glor and Duncan would be perfect both together as a team and command equal amounts of likeability and journalistic respect. The show might then begin its return to the pre Gayle King days where the ratings begin their climb back up. The ratings were both solid and growing under Charlie Rose. Gayle came on and I think it added just the right amount of full and attraction to the stay-at-home female demographic. But that was before Gayle and likely Oprah began fucking with it. CBS, in its notoriously desperate need to be political and progressive, just handed it over the Gayle and it destroyed what was happening there.

by Anonymousreply 180September 15, 2021 5:43 PM

I don't tune in until 8:00 a.m. while I'm getting ready for work. Did they get rid of that shitty DJ already? That was a terrible idea. GAYle is getting dragged on Deadline over her ineptitude and nepotism due to being up Oprah's twat.

by Anonymousreply 181September 16, 2021 12:08 PM

Has anyone mentioned that the new theme music is the music from Jane Pauley's Sunday morning show?

by Anonymousreply 182September 16, 2021 12:17 PM

Tony was groveling big-time this morning for forgiveness from his wife. Apparently, one day he left the refrigerator door open on his way out to work and a month's worth of her breast milk spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2021 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!