Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"CBS This Morning" Shakeup: Former NFL Player Nate Burleson to Replace Anthony Mason

The "NFL Today" analyst will join Gayle King and Tony Dokoupil on the CBS morning show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441March 28, 2022 12:45 PM

The new EP is a "Tameka" who allowed Gayle to "T" the "V" to get her promotion. Tossed the old white guy to the sidelines, got a trendy ex NFL'er who is a poet(closeted fag like Miss Strahan), Could they be any more "multi-cultural" than an Indian co- President & white fish!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2021 4:42 PM

Stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Datalounge is about 80% trolls today.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2021 4:54 PM

I call it being "brutally honest"

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2021 4:57 PM

Is Vlad on suicide watch?

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2021 7:36 PM

This news saddens me. This guy subbed once for Vlad and was he such a thirst trap/hot dog. I like Anthony Mason.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Once Anthony is gone, so am I. Nothing against the new guy (know nothing about him) but I'm a huge Anthony Mason fan and now that they're pushing him out (because I do believe that's what this is -- I'm sure he didn't volunteer to step aside), no reason for me to watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2021 4:49 PM

In related news, the show's name will change to "Gayle King This Morning, Starring Gayle King."

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2021 5:20 PM

I got to where I am on my own merit, it has nothing to do with eating O's snatch house for 30 years!

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2021 5:39 PM

It looks like CBS is trying to push This Morning to be more like GMA and Today. It will never work. Having Drew Barrymore as guest co-host for a week was... well, need I say more?

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2021 5:46 PM

Gayle King has ruined this morning show.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2021 11:17 PM

Big muscle man Tony Dokoupil better watch his step....he's next in Gayle's master plan. He is so handsome, muscular, and hunky.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2021 11:27 PM

Love Anthony Mason. I like Gayle King but she acts like the show is called CBS this morning Starring Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2021 11:29 PM

How can you like that social climbing, closet case, R13?

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2021 11:37 PM

#1, I didn't understand a word you said.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2021 11:40 PM

LOL!! That’s what Miss Anthony Mason gets for sitting there and parroting amd agreeing and gushing over every fucking thing Gayle King says. She jacked his self loathing white ass good.. the blacks ONLY wanna work with other blacks

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2021 11:41 PM

The more they make this like Today or GMA the less I want to watch it.

Anthony Mason has been screwed twice now. He had the lead in getting CBS Sunday Morning until Jane Pauley's twitchy ass showed up.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2021 11:42 PM

That guy replace Mason a fucking insufferable. He “models” his socks every day and cuts the legs off his suit pants to makes them suit shorts, and he thinks he’s absolutely AHDORABLE! Gayle gushes over him (he’s black after all) and his smug drips from the screen.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2021 12:01 AM

of all the people on that show that 's the one they are replacing? I liked Gayle for a while but after a while she started to get on my nerves. I have never liked Tony. guess I'm done with morning tv. It was the best show of the 3 because it was mostly news but they have been moving towards other crap which was starting to get annoying. Now I can't stand this change and I detest the nightly news. oh well, everything changes but not always for the best.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2021 12:08 AM

Norah, you in danger, girl! I bet she’s next to leave her anchor spot.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2021 12:16 AM

Well R20, GAYle already banished Norah to the nightly news hoping she would fail. I don't know what the ratings are like but I don't think they are great. GAYle is a moron who does not give a shit about what she says on air because she knows her lover will protect her.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2021 2:27 AM

R20 In all seriousness.....it was Susan Zelinsky who hired Norah, and Susan just left, so yeah, CBS might decide to do yet another switcheroonie.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2021 2:27 AM

To R15 I will translate for you, the Tameka is the new EP(exec Producer Shawna Thomas) that Gayle "T'ed the V"(tongues the vadge) while Orca watched and approved. The olde white guy get tossed to the sidelines(Anthony Mason) because he is the old white guy to was too agreeable to Orca lover. he is being replaced by a trendy ex-NFL'er BLM poet who is a closet fagola(like Miss Michael Strahan) Because Gayle controls the show(due to her access to ORCA) And the 2 of them are the right shade of brown. Even though her people don't wake up to 11am. How is that!!

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2021 3:23 AM

I could just about understand R23.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2021 3:27 AM

Major Garrett has been on for Norah all week, bringing some big-dick energy to the show.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2021 3:39 AM

Anthony Mason, Jeff Glor, John Dickerson and Scott Pelley probably have an awesome group text going.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2021 10:16 AM

How did Tameka get to her position? Did she T someone's V too?

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2021 10:27 AM

Gurl, this has been "the Gayle King show" from day one.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2021 11:14 AM

LOL R26. I miss Jeff Glor and also Pelley's huge arms. I always like the two women that sub on the show often. One of them is subbing for Anthony today. Tony K. looks hot without a tie today.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2021 2:20 PM

I guess I'll go over to Today. Craig Melvin is hot, but has scrawny arms.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2021 2:36 PM

I wish I could see Daddy Scott and his biceps topping Jeff Glor.

Let Jeff moan with that adorable little lisp.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

CBS this morning is also my favorite breakfast show too. I hope they aren't going to destroy this show. I know I'll still watch though.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2021 4:46 PM

R32, they pretty much destroyed it when they got rid of Charlie Rose. It was a fresh, solid morning news show with no agenda. Until Gayle got rid of the bigger name and took over.

I often wonder about these guys who were fired after one or a few women accused them of harassment. You never hear of them going to court over it. And was he slapping women on the ass? Or, could he have been asking them out? Maybe even just once? Why do we never hear what "sexual harassment via unwanted advances" are? Was he really preying on women? Or was it a time or two of being crass or asking the wrong woman out? Or, maybe it was indeed something more egregious. But we never seem to hear of that. Only the destruction of the man's life at the very accusation. American "journalism" will not allow further explanation or questioning. It seems all about getting said man out of the way to appease this woman or that woman, no matter how subjective his actions may have possibly been.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2021 4:59 PM

I like Mason, he’s very easygoing. He seems like if he walked into the sauna and saw someone blowing someone, he would just walk out without telling management. Gayle was OK when she was the underdog, now she’s an insufferable name-dropper. Tony, with his bedroom eyes, is handsome but neutered. Vlad has way too much chirpy energy.

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Vlad is a cutie pie with an adorable personality and, I think, a nice body under that suit.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

As someone mentioned upthread, I believe they're trying to go the GMA route by hiring their own Michael Strahan-type thinking it will boost ratings for the show.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2021 5:16 PM

Who is Vlad?

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Vlad Duthiers, CBS News correspondent, who sometimes subs on the show whenever one of the regular hosts is out. His super-bubbly personality has made him a viewer favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Is Vlad out? I mean, there is no reason for him to announce what is obvious but sometimes he is so queeny on air it is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 5:45 PM

OH HER

I know him. I didn't realize that was his name.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2021 5:46 PM

Well, R39, for what it's worth, he did recently get married:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2021 5:55 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2021 5:57 PM

Thoughts and prayers that Tony Dokoupil makes it through this and any coming shakeups. I know he's Heterosexual From Space, but he's awfully easy on the eye. And yet shirtless photos of him do not appear to exist on the Internet -- no fair!

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote]Why are they bringing athletes onto this show? Why not actual journalists?

Because Michael Strahan ended up being great for Live with Kelly and then for Good Morning America women (who thought he was hot) and men (who were okay with a former football player delivering their news) liked to watch him.

It's not so much about pushing out the old "white" guy as it is about copying that formula. He's kept himself in shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2021 6:08 PM

Vlad is married to an Asian woman. You know what THAT means, DL!

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2021 6:44 PM

Stay at home moms want to watch someone they can fantasize about having sex with their husbands leave for work. Don't you?

And plus, all the hot journalists work at CNN!

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2021 1:24 AM

I'm in shock that Vlad is going through life as a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2021 10:48 PM

Have they announced this on the show yet?

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Quite the brain trust there.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2021 9:22 PM

If adding Nate doesn't pull them out of third place in the ratings, are they finally going to get rid of Gayle?

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2021 9:41 PM

The network morning news shows are all for shit at this point.

CBS - can’t stand Gayle. Never could

NBC - Craig Melvin is okay, but Guthrie, Kotb, and Roker are awful.

ABC - I like Robin Roberts but her voice grates on me. I detest Strahan. Little George is tolerable in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2021 9:57 PM

When they signed off today- Gayle beaming in the middle and the boys in profile- Tony looked sad and troubled. He wants out.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2021 9:59 PM

Who can blame him, R52? I feel sorry for anyone who has to pretend to like Gayle and give her constant validation and praise. Tony's balls are in a jar in Gayle's dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2021 10:09 PM

Any CBS insiders here who have a little scoop?

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2021 10:17 PM

I can't stand Anthony Mason, CBS was scraping bottom putting him on the am show.. What the hell happened to John Dickerson?

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2021 10:48 PM

I think John Dickerson is on 60 Minutes now. Gayle and O can't chase the white men away fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2021 11:24 PM

I want John Dickerson on the morning show.

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2021 11:45 PM

Will he axe gayle a question yo? Cause he ain’t no journalist.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2021 12:15 AM

They should have given the job to Levar Burton as a consolation prize for not winning the Jeopardy gig.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2021 12:49 AM

I like and respect Anthony Mason. He reminds me of a beloved college professor with whom you can discuss any topic. He shares his vast knowledge of music and culture with sounding arrogant or know it all. Gayle is too Afro Centric for such a diverse audience. A couple of weeks ago she spoke of her future grandchild’s room being adorned with Black images. Now., it is great that she speaks about Black culture and history, but she seems to be of limited culture and perspective. I am part Black, btw: part African, Jamaican, German and Cherokee.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2021 1:43 AM

This is not right at all.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2021 1:49 AM

Mason has no fucks left to give. I'm watching right now, and Gayle continually cuts him off and he just keeps going until his point is made. Total train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2021 11:57 AM

Jesus, I'm watching right now too and Gayle is a fucking moron. She just used the word "hateraid" about 10 times while talking about Lizzo crying without her weave over people calling her fat (which she is so don't see the problem).

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Anthony Mason was one in a long line of milquetoast CBS men. I don't know where they find these dull sexless guys. But Mason is now 65, and I'm just fine with them replacing his dyed comb over ass with someone with a pulse.

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2021 2:35 PM

CBS News has jumped the shark . 48 Hours is crap now, BORING crap

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2021 2:45 PM

I'm tired of seeing ex-NFL players trying to cross over. Strahan kicked Kelly Ripa in the vagina when he left - and he's not good.

I had no love for Anthony Mason - he really is just an old white guy. But now there's 3 black people and Tony? 13% of the US population is black - does this seem fair? Particularly to add someone with no experience outside of throwing a football around?

They should have added a Latino or Asian.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2021 2:55 PM

You have a problem with this "seem fair" crap, R66. TV is not the place to be "fair."

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2021 2:58 PM

The weekend trio for CBS This Morning is worth watching; the weekdays, not so much. Gayle is a pompous ass and gives her opinion about everything, whether you want to hear it or not. Plus, she believes she's the spokesperson for all American blacks. What's funny (ironic funny, not haha funny) is that she damned near had a heart attack when she found out on PBS's Finding Your Roots that she's actually 30% white. She was so embarrassed she looked like she wanted to crawl under a rock. Poor Gayle! Not as black as she thought she was.

Tony's kind of a lightweight, but I like Vlad and Anthony. Too bad Anthony's getting cut. I liked the new guy when I saw his tryouts, but probably not enough to keep watching after Anthony's gone.

The ABC morning show is one long commercial for Disney and other ABC vehicles (and I hate that Strahan guy -- between his lisp and the gap between his teeth he makes me crazy), and now NBC (which used to be a serious news show!) is nothing but housewife hints from Heloise.

Guess I'll be sleeping in.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2021 3:22 PM

I can't watch the weekend show because of that pretentious Boy Who Would Be King asshole, Jeff Glor.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2021 3:24 PM

I thought Anthony was kinda stodgy, then one day he said he used to try to get into Studio 54 back when he was young. I bet he's fun off-camera.

On-camera he's sort of olde skool, back when you had to be rigid and authoritative (i.e. boring).

They should give Gayle two sassy black gay guys and she can play schoolmarm.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2021 3:29 PM

Would even Gayle KIng be where she's at without being besties with Oprah?

Does this Nate Burleson, even HAVE a degree in broadcasting/journalism?NO!....He graduated with a degree in human development and family studies.[6]

Is it any wonder why morning quote "news shows" here in the united states is a joke! 90% entertainment and 10% black and white "news"...

AND not a shred of embarrassment that those who are not qualified, not experienced, not educated, who never ever EVER worked their way up (bush hager on the today show, strahan on GMA, etc) take these jobs!

GUESS i'ma old fundie dudie! i expect all jobs careers to be one of education and earned it!...

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]I bet he's fun off-camera

Yeah, I'll bet Anthony Mason could do The Hustle in a wooden pain-by-the-numbers style!

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2021 3:39 PM

R68 - I don't believe that Gayle was embarrassed by that. Almost every black American on that show has a significant amount of white DNA. Hell, Gates himself is 51% white.

The former head of the NAACP, Ben Jealous, is only 13% white. I went to college with him and I remember thinking - why is this white guy all stirred up about black causes?

This should not be a shock to most Black Americans - perhaps the percentage - but she's far from unique.

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2021 3:52 PM

Gayle King has ruined this fucking show and the husbear still insists that we sit there and watch it for an hour each morning. Every single news item.. Every. Single. ONE, Gayle King must either apply a race-based spin on it, or bloviate. She also seems very immature nearly every day. Like her use today of "HaterAid". She's used that one before. She also makes them use urban/poppy bumper music and will be "dancing" sometimes when they come back from a break, and she'll comment on some cultural trend that kids are into as if she's done it or does it. Mentally, she's very young and is fighting age like a rabid tiger, and she wants you to know she's "down" with the cool kids.

That Anthony Mason has literally given her three hours of daily cunniligus every since he came on, which has made me detest the man. Still, I would often tell the husband "Wait. Just wait. He's gone any day now. There is no way she's keeping that guy around". And, yep... off he goes now that enough time has past since the last little scandal CBS went through. Gayle takes cues from Oprah and is her most devoted sychophant.

Don't any of you pretend that they have not already engineered getting rid of eye candy Tony Dokoupil - WHY? Gayle wants to be seen as a "historic" journalist like her BFF. I actually kind of like Gayle King in small doses, but she's turned into this squawking "BLACK! BLACK!! BLACK!!" cultural cheerleader thing. EVERY little black girl with a cute viral video is gushed over. EVERY black celebrity gets gushing reviews and praise by Gayle. Gayle literally tells the viewers who to like, and who not to like. - So, she is acutely aware that she can accomplish becoming a historic figure in American television journalism by helming America's first all-black television morning show and news program. This is where the transition is going. She's rid the control room of the caucasian male producers and they have, not surprisingly, been replaced by black women. One more change to go, sending DoKoupil off into the sunset, and Gayle will achieve her little coup and feel that she's now become a legitimate, historic personality in her own rite. That is exactly where it's going. Bookmark this thread, come back and buy me a fucking beer when it happens! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2021 6:01 PM

I like Gayle. She has a real people vibe. But they ruined this show (and really ruined Face Yhe Nation) when they took out John Dickerson.

TV needs smarts too.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2021 6:15 PM

I have been watching all the news programs on CBS for years. About 1-2 years ago, everything changed. There are more commercials than there is content. I had always liked Gayle up until George Floyd's death and then the real Gayle seem to come out. Not only is she all about Black but there is an underlying racism against whites. If you've noticed too, that almost all the last segments were about black people. I have no problem with these segments but they should be scattered throughout the program.

I still think that CBS has the most news of the 3 but it seems to be changing somewhat. I can't stand all that fluff on the other stations.

by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2021 6:36 PM

I don't have cable so I occasionally flick past these shows in the morning. They are just an insult to the brain (and my IQ is only in the teens).

The world is getting dumber. They want a Donald Trump Dictator to take care of everything, and television to be laffs and fluff. Movies to be action and cartoons. Newspapers are dying, magazines are folding.

We'll be Brazil in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Gdamn I guess I’m gonna have to watch morning Joe now, am network news is now unwatchable. Hope Anthony Mason lands somewhere ok for him. Fuck Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2021 7:47 PM

R76 - there is an imbalance. Even the daily 'picks' - content that each person selects for the day - are frequently black people, chosen by Tony and Anthony. Then Gayle invariably chooses another black person.

I'm for representation but it's getting a bit ridiculous. And former NFL guys have no business being on a morning show - I don't care who it is. It is still reporting - it's not a chat show.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2021 7:48 PM

Earth to R78: CBS News This Morning, Good Morning America and the Today Show, are not "network news." They're entertainment shows that revolve around news of all kinds, even if it's news about it's a two-headed snake.

by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2021 10:04 PM

I can see the logic for this - they want to try to get a "younger demo" but newsflash: young people don't watch the news on TV! Stodgy old people do & Anthony Mason was their guy. Add to that the presence of Gayle, an annoying, name dropping lightweight that Helen Keller could tell you is only there because of her friendship with Orca and further down the drain the whole thing this show goes.

He may have been a pervy old bird, but I agree that the show has never been the same since they got rid of Charlie Rose.

The state of crappy TV makes me glad I'm working

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2021 10:18 PM

R81 how does it feel to so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2021 10:27 PM

Fun fact: Anthony Mason's ex-wife is "Ask Amy" author (for whatever it's worth)

I wouldn't feel too bad for Anthony; he probably got a big payoff from CBS to go quietly so he can retire to some landed gentry life in the country.

by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2021 10:33 PM

R83, Anthony is under contract. They'll do something with him while he's being paid, not buy out the contract. It may be shitty work, but he'll get his paycheck. When it expires, it's off to the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2021 10:37 PM

By the looks of Anthony's home when they were filming offset, Mr. Mason will be fine. He doesn't have to worry about money.

And he's 65 - fucking retire and have fun with your money!

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2021 10:57 PM

I love how we all still after all the evidence, refer to Gayle as O's "friend".

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2021 11:38 PM

Gayle and Oprah think there is something shameful about being gay

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]And he's 65 - fucking retire and have fun with your money!

Or off to the GLUE FACTORY!

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2021 1:13 AM

R73, before you tell me she wasn't embarrassed, did you watch the show? You should have seen the look on her face. That told the whole story.

But whatever.

by Anonymousreply 89August 19, 2021 1:37 AM

Glue factory?

by Anonymousreply 90August 19, 2021 1:45 AM

I have watched the CBS morning show for years, until the Oprah/Harkles interview follow up. I got sick and tired of GK carrying on about what a great interview it was, how "they've got receipts!," etc. I haven't turned it back on (I tried a few days of NBC and ABC and they are still bad). They are stupid to give up their position as more news-oriented. The other two shows have the entertainment angle all wrapped up. The CBS news department must be nearly dead now.

by Anonymousreply 91August 19, 2021 2:58 AM

Glue Factory: the place where old horses are sent so their bones can be made into glue; a similar, imaginary place for people

by Anonymousreply 92August 19, 2021 2:34 PM

What is with with Gayle King constantly using terms like "HaterAide" and "She has the receipts!". Is she mentally retarded? What 60+ y.o. woman, especially one who wants you to see her as a professional journalist, talks this way on a national news program? She's a fucking mess that woman.

by Anonymousreply 93August 19, 2021 2:40 PM

CBS brass tells Gayle to talk like an idiot so the show will gain more Millennial viewers. Up till 18 months ago, it was strictly for the over 60 set.

by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2021 2:46 PM

Is Gayle still stuffing herself into tight dresses, proudly displaying her fat and flabby upper arms?

(I can't be bothered to actually turn on the TV to check).

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2021 2:51 PM

Casual Friday. Mason sans tie, and Dokoupil in white sneakers and no socks.

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2021 11:12 AM

Tony isn't wearing his usual black sneakers????

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2021 11:19 AM

Say what you want about Gayle, but she isn’t the ONLY person benefiting from nepotism in this industry. At least she tries to keep it professional.

Yes, This Morning is all about her. They need to tame that a bit. I like a mixed round table and I’m not sure following GMA is it…

I stopped watching Morning Joe in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2021 1:12 PM

R97 , he was wearing a casual blue suit over a black crew neck t-shirt, and white sneakers without socks. He looked like he was doing Miami Vice cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2021 2:56 PM

This morning GAYle kept the audience spell bound as she relived the childhood horror of realizing her hair was different from white people's hair.

I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2021 3:16 PM

"I grew up in Turkey and my best friend had blond hair and pigtails and her pigtails swished around her head and mine stuck straight out!"

R100, that was when I changed the channel.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2021 8:30 AM

Black bald again! Where’s a white skin worshipper to go these days?Lol. It reminds me of the first fight I recall to do with racial bigotry. I was in kindergarten and a white girl lashed out at a little black girl with “Black bare butt!”’ Then the black girl retorted with “White bare butt!” Before the children came to blows, the teacher quickly ordered them to their seats.

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2021 9:04 AM

[quote]"I grew up in Turkey and my best friend had blond hair and pigtails and her pigtails swished around her head and mine stuck straight out!"

Maybe her best friend was DL favorite Rhoda Penmark.

"I'll give you a basket of kisses Gayle for that ratty wig & stretched to the limit Spanx!"

by Anonymousreply 103August 23, 2021 11:25 AM

Gayle King's net worth is 40M. Please keep your complaints to yourself, Miss.

Black fragility is the new white fragility. .

by Anonymousreply 104August 23, 2021 11:54 AM

Good god, how many times are they going to have The Brothers Osborne on the show? Is this so Gayle can seem "hip" by asking the gay one for the millionth time about his coming out?

by Anonymousreply 105August 23, 2021 1:45 PM

LOL R96 - Yes! She is STILL wearing those lycra-looking, tight wrap dresses and looks like twine around a loaf of bread. Fat oozing out everywhere. Not saying she looks horrible but she does look uncomfortable. I don't get the thing where fat or doughy women wear really tight shirts, pants or dresses. It looks so uncomfortable.

This morning, Gayle made sure her lap dog Vlad did another promo for LeVar Burton to host Jeopardy! Looking straight into the camera, Vlad fake-whispered "Hey Jeopardy, LeVar is STILL available!". They're as obvious as they are pathetic. And wait till that gay black guy shows up. That's where the smug and self-righteousness will really become insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2021 2:43 PM

GAYle is ignorant and obnoxious but we tolerate her so we can maintain our pole position up her lover Ocra's ass.

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]LOL [R96] - Yes! She is STILL wearing those lycra-looking, tight wrap dresses and looks like twine around a loaf of bread. Fat oozing out everywhere.

This line made me laugh out loud; one gets the sense that if Gayle's spanx every just gave up one day, the entire CBS set would be enveloped in cellulite & lycra

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2021 5:18 PM

I think this morning was Anthony's last show. At least it seemed to be since they were showing clips and gave him bread rolls at the end.

by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2021 2:09 AM

I no longer watch daily. I'm turning more to NPR for morning news. Rose had to go but I miss those days. For a the few minutes that I did watch this week, I could have sworn I saw a Gayle, Tony and Anthony on a sofa. The end is nigh.

Gayle's oh I'm so easy and breezy act worn off after about 3 shows. Yes, being relaxed and not being super smooth is a great act to pull off on tv. Problem with Gayle is that she makes a gaffe every fucking segment every fucking day. That's not being relaxed and casual, it's just lousy preparation and presentation. Is she really the lynchpin of the show. Will ratings go to hell if she's not around. They're in 3rd place, I wish CBS would go back to being semi-serious news in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2021 2:20 AM

Sorry I missed Anthony's last day. Vlad is looking particularly ghoulish this morning; I find him hard to look at on his best day. GAYle is a fucking moron as usual, and Vlad tried to get Tony to unbutton his shirt during the Abba segment.

by Anonymousreply 111August 27, 2021 11:47 AM

I suspect Vlad is secretly hot for Tony.

by Anonymousreply 112August 27, 2021 12:25 PM

Is this the colored news show?

by Anonymousreply 113August 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Tony must know that he's next.

by Anonymousreply 114August 27, 2021 12:50 PM

I remember when a segment about scientology based on the recent documentary "going clear" was on the show and Gayle "interviewed" Mike Rinder, who along with Leah Remini is the loudest most experienced former member of that cult spreading the word about it, after the interview ended, Gayle said "well, it's still around!" WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN! DUMB ASS! alot of bad things are still around, so???????

by Anonymousreply 115August 27, 2021 1:03 PM

Morning television blows a two-by-four double-barreled dildo -- turn that shit off!

You'll be smarter when you do.

by Anonymousreply 116August 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Starting with the black female producers she hired, after getting rid of the white women and men in the production booth, GAYle King has been aiming to create an "all African American morning show" for a few years now. And she gutted an Emmy-winning, rapidly ratings-rising program to do it. All in the name of BLACK BLACK BLACK!?

Really sorry that a couple of women got offended at Charlie Rose trying to ask them out. But it was a fresh, creative morning show when he was there and something that Americans who watch television desperately needed. But, nope. Race diversity, (i.e. pandering to anyone and everyone black) must trump everything in modern America. Asians? Gays? Lesbians? Indigenous people? Who needs THAT shitty diversity. Let's go black baby!!

by Anonymousreply 117August 27, 2021 1:38 PM

Excuse me, CBS Morning News has Lesbians and Gays galore.

by Anonymousreply 118August 27, 2021 10:28 PM

There was a divorce segment this morning. Vlad’s on his second marriage. He’s previously divorced in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 119September 3, 2021 1:41 PM

Annulled in Europe

by Anonymousreply 120September 3, 2021 3:22 PM

I have no idea what R118 is talking about. I'm a 100% hot-blooded heterosexualist.

by Anonymousreply 121September 3, 2021 5:03 PM

So what do you think of the new - breathlessly voiced - Easter Basket-looking setup

- - - Tony Doukopil

by Anonymousreply 122September 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Wow, that new set is hideous. Did Gayle design it?

Hope Tony is sending out resumes.

by Anonymousreply 123September 7, 2021 1:33 PM

How much did they have to pay Gayle and Nora to share a set this morning?

by Anonymousreply 124September 7, 2021 1:37 PM

Tony was really keyed up this morning. He got all pissy when the new guy sneezed and Gayle said "bless you" as Tony was speaking. Joking or not it came off awwwwkward!

by Anonymousreply 125September 7, 2021 2:03 PM

Sounds like an interesting moment, R125. Hate I missed it.

According to this article, Tony attempted to deliver a cake and fruit basket to GMA but was refused. Why would they refuse? You can't accept a nice goodwill gesture just because it's coming from one of your rivals? Did they think CBS had laced the cake with cyanide?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 7, 2021 7:28 PM

It was a little cringey when Gayle handed the new guy with a piece of the Times Square New Years ball drop. Tony looked a little hurt.

by Anonymousreply 127September 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Is the new guy Kid or Play?

- That hair do!!

by Anonymousreply 128September 8, 2021 1:27 AM

Didn't watch it this morning (and I usually do). I guess that says it all.

by Anonymousreply 129September 8, 2021 1:47 AM

Did r1 really call a black woman a "Tameka"? Did he get banned from Stormfront?

by Anonymousreply 130September 8, 2021 1:51 AM

To R130...But was I wrong about the situation with GAYle, Tony. Antony and the CBS morning show? Crudely written(YES), but I'm rarely wrong about these situations. Should I have called her "Shonda or LaQuita"? I don't even know what Stormfront is(other than Nazi reference??) Happy Post Labor Day everyone...get your vaccines. Thanks Datalounge!!

by Anonymousreply 131September 8, 2021 3:44 AM

I couldn't believe how much they fawned over Nate - "He's got swagger! We're so lucky to have got you!"

?? What the fuck has he ever done? He's done some football commentary - that's it.

Meanwhile, the others have spent decades with degrees in Journalism and Communications working their way up the ladder, starting off in smaller markets, and gaining a reputation.

But - hey - we get a former NFL star! Foolishness - this man doesn't belong there. There are thousands of other black men they could have chosen, if that was the demographic they wanted to court.

by Anonymousreply 132September 8, 2021 3:51 AM

I honestly don't know why they didn't choose Vlad. Say what you will, he has personality plus and appears to be very popular with viewers. I think making him the permanent replacement for Anthony would've made a lot more sense.

by Anonymousreply 133September 8, 2021 4:28 AM

Just call the show"Two black Fags& Orca's pussy eater" on CBS this morning. 1st interview, watching GAYle masterbate!! That should get some ratings.

by Anonymousreply 134September 8, 2021 4:33 AM

Again? They revamp the show every few years yet never get out of last place in the ratings. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 135September 8, 2021 8:01 AM

Watching the revamp for the first time this morning. They have brought in a "DJ" like Ellen has on her show. It is pathetic but not as pathetic as Tony trying desperately to be down with the black people (and failing). GAYle will run this shitshow into the ground and even her lover Ocra won't be able to save it.

by Anonymousreply 136September 8, 2021 12:14 PM

Just back from commercial and I have to pretend that I am enjoying trying "groove" to this stupid fucking DJ. I look so awkward. I can't wait for this to be over.

by Anonymousreply 137September 8, 2021 12:33 PM

I actually started laughing when they brought out the DJ. Really Gayle???

by Anonymousreply 138September 8, 2021 1:31 PM

The show appears to have become the Gayle King Hour.

It’s awful.

She needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 139September 8, 2021 3:05 PM

The new guy is Strahan levels of bad.

by Anonymousreply 140September 8, 2021 3:13 PM

Though it was cute watching Tony try to be hip, I have to agree that bringing on a DJ really smacks of desperation and, frankly, a sad turn of events for what had been widely regarded as the most serious of the morning network news programs. Anthony Mason, if he was watching from home, must have been cringing in his pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 141September 8, 2021 3:26 PM

Ugh morning television. Who watches this shit?

by Anonymousreply 142September 8, 2021 3:37 PM

Anthony Mason has ben assigned to do reports on music and musicians. I'm sure he is as happy as a lark. At least he sounded like it when he said that was what he would be doing.

by Anonymousreply 143September 8, 2021 3:51 PM

And right now he’s signing like a lark who is learning to pray . . .

by Anonymousreply 144September 8, 2021 4:55 PM

Didn’t watch. I thought that they are trying to distance themselves from those “other” morning shows (that get higher ratings) by being all newsy. A dj? Is that the answer to their ratings woes? Neither GMA or Today have a dj. This won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 145September 8, 2021 4:57 PM

Too bad we no longer have any insiders here, I would love to know what people are thinking behind the scenes and at the other networks. GMA must be hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 146September 8, 2021 7:16 PM

They co-opted and sharted on Abblasen Fanfare. It should have been respected and left to CBS Sunday Morning.

by Anonymousreply 147September 9, 2021 3:45 AM

Cheezus! It sounds over the top embarrassing from the reports here. Trying to bring a cake to GMA? A DJ?!? Even the hip gay clothing stores did away with those years ago.

Did the new faggy fag hag Nate wear his suit shorts this week? How heavy was his lipgloss? This is what old Anthony Mason gets for sitting therre and lapping-up every drop of drivel Gayle has spewed over the last few years. Didn't work out too well for him, did it?

by Anonymousreply 148September 9, 2021 1:22 PM

Would love to know how the viewers are reacting to this latest change. I know I bailed.

by Anonymousreply 149September 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Here's info on the latest morning show ratings, week ending August 30th, so just before they launched their latest rebrand. They're not even close. Today and GMA still dominate them. I don't think a DJ's gonna help.

[quote] From AdWeek: Today was the No. 1 morning show for the week of Aug. 30 across the board, topping GMA in the key A25-54 demo and in average total viewers. The win marks the NBC morning show’s seventh across-the-board victory this season and biggest total audience delivery in six months (3.50 million). The show also delivered its largest A25-54 audience in five months (986,000). - Relative to the previous week (Aug. 23), Today grew by +11% in average total viewers and +10% among the key A25-54 demo. Relative to the same week in 2020, Today grew +7% in average total viewers, but shed -1% of its A25-54 audience. - In addition to averaging a larger total audience than GMA last week, Today has been the No. 1 morning show in the key A25-54 demo for 309 of the past 314 weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 9, 2021 3:21 PM

Why is this show even still on? It has been in third place ever since it started in the 70s. Bring back Captain Kangaroo!

by Anonymousreply 151September 9, 2021 3:25 PM

R150 the new set and dj debuted this week though

by Anonymousreply 152September 9, 2021 7:27 PM

I watched for a few minutes the other morning -- long enough to notice that the new guy can't read his lines very well.

Prediction: he'll be gone before Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 153September 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Jesus... an audience of 3.5 million is considered a success in 2021? There are over 300 million Americans and US corporations spend hundreds of millions of dollars catering to a max, 3.5 million?

Something is seriously wrong with this country.

by Anonymousreply 154September 10, 2021 10:00 AM

I’m shocked that Vlad is married to a woman!! I seriously thought he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 155September 10, 2021 10:22 AM

I'm predicting another revamp by year's end. Tony is no longer taking Gayle's bait, which makes for some awkward transitions. It's pretty unwatchable, and it's only week one.

by Anonymousreply 156September 10, 2021 11:31 AM

What has happened to Gayle's face? It looks like a death mask.

by Anonymousreply 157September 10, 2021 11:37 AM

I noticed that too, R157. And she's using her wig to cover her cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 158September 10, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]Tony is no longer taking Gayle's bait, which makes for some awkward transitions.

R156, what do you mean exactly?

by Anonymousreply 159September 10, 2021 8:46 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 160September 11, 2021 3:30 PM

It is so jarring to have their "DJ" playing them in/out with hip-hop/rap. They should know their demographic does not want to hear that shit in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 161September 13, 2021 12:19 PM

Tried to watch it again this morning at 8AM. I made it for perhaps 10 minutes. Excruciatingly bad. What a shame. Now I'm watching local news in the AM, and I'll catch up with BBC World (PBS) in the evening.

I can't be the only one who bailed, can I?

by Anonymousreply 162September 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Dreadful

by Anonymousreply 163September 13, 2021 12:30 PM

R161 here. I predict the DJ will be the second one to go after they give Tony the inevitable ax. There is no way they can keep this shit going.

by Anonymousreply 164September 13, 2021 12:31 PM

Actually, at the rate they're going, they're probably going to replace Tony with the DJ.

by Anonymousreply 165September 13, 2021 12:54 PM

I want Tony deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 166September 13, 2021 1:57 PM

I only watch for Tony. He's a sexy muscle hunk.

by Anonymousreply 167September 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Gayle worked best when balanced by the gravitas of Charlie and Norah.

When Bezos took his ride into space after Branson's, Gayle repeatedly asked of her cohosts, then Bezos himself, “isn’t [this] a game of ‘Whose is bigger?’ Honestly, it really isn’t?”

Comments like this may be what R156 what referring to when he or she says Tony is no longer taking the bait. Gayle will throw some silly nonsense out there that creates awkwardness unless someone jumps in to save the "bit". Tony now sits back and lets the stupidity hang in the air. He was supposed to provide some morning swagger but that's hard to do as a neutered second banana.

CBS Saturday's Michelle Miller would make this shitshow better. They'd have to dump Gayle and get rid of some of the new bullshit. Miller is smart, fun, has gravitas when needed, is telegenic and she switches up her hair. Drop the new guy and put Vlad in his place. You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 168September 14, 2021 4:40 AM

That's exactly what I meant, R168 .

R156

by Anonymousreply 169September 14, 2021 12:07 PM

Dump Gayle and the new guy and plug in Jeff Glor and Michelle Miller. I agree with R168. Miller is enjoyable, professional, and literate. This morning Burleson appears to have taken a crash course in the Gio Benitiz School of Hand Flailing. I also like Anna Warner.

by Anonymousreply 170September 14, 2021 1:31 PM

Tameeka Duncan is awesome also.

by Anonymousreply 171September 14, 2021 1:44 PM

I third Michelle Miller and Jeff Glor. And Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 172September 14, 2021 6:57 PM

You can bet if we're talking abut Michelle Miller, other people are as well. Gayle, you in danger, girl.

by Anonymousreply 173September 15, 2021 12:36 AM

Ratings for the first week sucked. They lost viewers from the week before.

by Anonymousreply 174September 15, 2021 2:19 AM

No surprise. The audience they did have was not tuning in for a DJ and former NFL player pretending to be a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 175September 15, 2021 2:24 AM

If R174's post is accurate and ratings continue to slide, I don't think they will get rid of Gayle, they will likely get rid of the new guy first. (I think firing Gayle, star of the show and Oprah's gal pal, would be a potential P.R. nightmare that the network would rather avoid whereas jettisoning Burleson would just be a hiccup, no disrespect intended.) We would get the standard-issue press release about how "it was Nate's decision because he never knew doing a morning network television show would be so hard on his family" and that he realized he "wants to spend more time with his kids," yada yada yada. That may be when Vlad finally gets his shot at the regular hosting gig, which might actually work since viewers like him.

by Anonymousreply 176September 15, 2021 2:54 AM

R176 sounds like he knows what he's talking about. More, please.

by Anonymousreply 177September 15, 2021 3:38 AM

Oh, I don't know, R176. Maybe CBS can give Gayle a gig deal a la Rachael M. where she does some network specials and appears on the CBS morning show only intermittently. Gayle isn't getting any younger, you know!

by Anonymousreply 178September 15, 2021 10:44 AM

They have an abundance of woke, black people on as guests each day. GAYle can't stop interrupting everyone with her stupid commentary and cannot read a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 179September 15, 2021 12:11 PM

The husband is still watching this mess and I venture in the living room with my coffee every morning just to get a glance. And yeah, there is definitely a hard push with the woke black thing. I find them all insufferable.

They should fade them all off. Install Jeff Glor, the BEAUTIFUL and incredibly talented, (and professional) Jericka Duncan and one other journalist type who can helm the more fluffy stuff. (But no, absolutely not Michelle Miller. She's polarizing and really hard on the eyes. Talk about wedging-in woke commentary. And she's noted for only wanting to do interest stories focused solely on black people.).

Glor and Duncan would be perfect both together as a team and command equal amounts of likeability and journalistic respect. The show might then begin its return to the pre Gayle King days where the ratings begin their climb back up. The ratings were both solid and growing under Charlie Rose. Gayle came on and I think it added just the right amount of full and attraction to the stay-at-home female demographic. But that was before Gayle and likely Oprah began fucking with it. CBS, in its notoriously desperate need to be political and progressive, just handed it over the Gayle and it destroyed what was happening there.

by Anonymousreply 180September 15, 2021 5:43 PM

I don't tune in until 8:00 a.m. while I'm getting ready for work. Did they get rid of that shitty DJ already? That was a terrible idea. GAYle is getting dragged on Deadline over her ineptitude and nepotism due to being up Oprah's twat.

by Anonymousreply 181September 16, 2021 12:08 PM

Has anyone mentioned that the new theme music is the music from Jane Pauley's Sunday morning show?

by Anonymousreply 182September 16, 2021 12:17 PM

Tony was groveling big-time this morning for forgiveness from his wife. Apparently, one day he left the refrigerator door open on his way out to work and a month's worth of her breast milk spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 183September 16, 2021 11:00 PM

It's only a matter of time before they replace Tony with a black man.

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2021 6:57 PM

Tony should be replaced with his "mother"-in-law for full wokitudeness.

Zoey Tur has extensive broadcast experience: from a chopper.

by Anonymousreply 185September 18, 2021 7:01 PM

GAYle is worse than ever this morning. She is interrupting Anderson Cooper who is on the show shilling his new book. You can tell everyone hates her, yet they are powerless to do anything about it thanks to her superior scissoring skills. Bwahaha!

by Anonymousreply 186September 20, 2021 12:13 PM

We need only black people on television. Every game show, every tv commercial, every talk show. More black people! Fuck other races!

by Anonymousreply 187September 20, 2021 12:40 PM

Next up on CBS This Morning, Gayle King’s 10 minute segment on her latest grandchild. Followed by another reporter talking about her children going to school!

No one cares! What’s happening in the world?! That’s why people watch the news!

by Anonymousreply 188September 20, 2021 12:54 PM

Excuse me, that's "Gayle King's CBS This Morning Show, starring Gayle King, featuring Gayle King."

by Anonymousreply 189September 20, 2021 1:29 PM

She really can't hide that she is of the ghetto born. Even the ex NFL guy comes across as having more class. Hell, the DJ is more well spoken.

by Anonymousreply 190September 20, 2021 2:16 PM

CBS Morning Dream Team = Jericka Duncan, Weija Jang, and Jeff Glor. All three can deliver hard news and all three can throw in an educated, witty comment when necessary. Duncan and Jang are the two best reporters in the CBS stable, and I love seeing them do long-form pieces and continuing coverage.

by Anonymousreply 191September 20, 2021 2:32 PM

^ Yes, @ R147.

by Anonymousreply 192September 20, 2021 4:11 PM

Jeff Glor needs to rip that rug off his head.

by Anonymousreply 193September 20, 2021 11:20 PM

The only way I would watch this would be if they hired either Sharon Osborne or Megan McCain to fight with GAYle. I'm talking an actual fistfight, I want to see those bitches flip over tables and rip off GAYle's wig.

by Anonymousreply 194September 20, 2021 11:33 PM

To R194, while they pull of GAYle's wig, and then rip off each others clothing- start"clam-slamming" each other. GAYle screams out "OMG you are soooo much better than Orca". GAY Nate will start" Linda Blair style puking" while yelling "EWWWWWW FISH" and pass out like the closet cast FAG he is!!!

by Anonymousreply 195September 21, 2021 4:09 PM

Has anyone weighed in on this new format such as Variety, etc.? It is so hard to watch and yet I can't stop looking. Every morning GAYle proves herself to be a self-important idiot. This Nate guy thinks very highly of himself despite not being able to read a teleprompter (but does it better than WHAYle) while Tony looks like he is planning his suicide in his head.

by Anonymousreply 196September 23, 2021 11:57 AM

Next up is the "singing" phlebotomist who is a person of color (who incidentally has a terrible voice) but it's another black person success story so of course, they will spend too much time on it.

by Anonymousreply 197September 23, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote]I don't think they will get rid of Gayle, they will likely get rid of the new guy first.

I don't know about that. We're only a few weeks into the new season and they're already cycling the very women mentioned in this thread through Gayle's chair like Jeopardy host tryouts. Dana Jacobson is on this morning and has a good chemistry with the guys.

I don't think this is a hopeless situation for them, but I'm sure there is much stress behind the scenes as they try to rework this on the fly.

by Anonymousreply 198October 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Michelle miller is not attractive

by Anonymousreply 199October 1, 2021 3:42 PM

I'm standing by to comfort "Big Tony" Dokoupil.

by Anonymousreply 200October 1, 2021 4:10 PM

Everyone is ready to comfort Tony. I am still beyond shocked that Vlad is married to a …….woman! Really???

by Anonymousreply 201October 1, 2021 8:28 PM

GAYle's "superior scissoring skills" - one of the best lines I've read in ages.

BTW - this thread is really entertaining, I've laughed out loud a number times reading.

I haven't watched The GAYle King CBS Morning Show Starring GAYle King" since she took center stage, it sounds like the decline of western civilization can be seen everyday on the TV.

Sad to read, I used to really enjoy the program - it had a real focus on actual news, unlike the crap on ABC and NBC.

I've seen others suggest Jarika Duncan as a possible GAYle replacement with Glor (sans wig). Any one have an opinion on CBS's Anne Marie Greene joining what would be titled "The Former GAYle King CBS Morning Show No Longer Starring GAYle King"? I think she's terrific reading the news.

by Anonymousreply 202October 1, 2021 9:13 PM

He is awful.

by Anonymousreply 203October 1, 2021 9:21 PM

GAYle lol love it

by Anonymousreply 204October 2, 2021 2:28 AM

Keep strapping Tony D. and make him wear tighter clothing to show off his muscles.

by Anonymousreply 205November 15, 2021 9:52 PM

Unlikely R205 unless he turns into a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 206November 15, 2021 10:13 PM

>Beyond shocked that Vlad is married to a woman!!!!

by Anonymousreply 207November 15, 2021 10:50 PM

Jesus GAYle can't shut up or stop talking over people this morning. It is so blatant and annoying. The others at that table want to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 208November 16, 2021 11:53 AM

I watched this morning for the first time since the new format. Omg it's horrible. The new guy can't even enunciate well, and what's up with his fashion?

Hunky Tony seems uncomfortable. I wish they'd find a better use for him.

by Anonymousreply 209November 16, 2021 1:17 PM

I have been watching since they switched over. Gayle has always interrupted everyone and learned that from Oprah who never let anyone talk,.

I agree that there were too many stories about just white people and not enough about blacks and Asians, etc. but they have swung the pendulum the other way. Now the majority of stories are about black people which wouldn't be a problem if it was only about the people but it isn't. It always because they are black and not about them. So they are turning it into a racist show.

I will say that they did have one excellent story on this morning where Nate interviewed his friend who is a cop. It wasn't because he was black but what it is like just being a cop and what he thinks should change. ALL of his suggestions should be implemented. The majority of the story was Just about the story.

What I want to know is why in hell we have to listen to each one of their opinions after every damned segment. I don't watch to hear their opinions, I watch to hear the news/story.

Gayle is so racist and every time there is a story about a black person she gushes. When it's a white person it's, okay they did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 210November 16, 2021 1:42 PM

After all the gnashing of teeth and moaning and barking about the #MeToo thing that Gayle King has done, she had on Al Franken this morning. I'm not a big fan of his but he never should have been forced to resign the Senate. So she has him on this morning, it was a 15-minute love fest, promoting his tour and book, gushing over him. Gee, I wonder why Al Franken gets a pass from Gayle as opposed to, oh, say Michael Richards? Louis C.K.?

The hypocrisy of this horrible bitch and her hijacking of a news network along with backup from her friend is shameful for CBS, which used to be the most respected and storied news organization in America. Now, it's got Gayle King. What a fucking shame.

by Anonymousreply 211November 16, 2021 1:48 PM

R210 - You really think that piece on the black "poet" cop was really all that? Seriously? Did you actually listen to his "poetry"? It was all mimicking of Dr. Seuss, very childlike. I was blushing for the man as they had him reading that stuff, and praised him as if he's some legendary civil rights leader. He's clearly some friend of a friend of Nate Burleson. I can't imagine some producer had them do that piece due to anything really unique or amazing about the poor guy. Then again, the producers are all now black women, which is why I think the show has become nearly as black-obsessed as CNN. It's ALL race-based stories. Even the "What to Watch" segment, that used to be the 'light hearted/entertainment' part, is all that Hatian queen Vlad whatshisname shilling race based stories, or reporting on whatever intense controversy is in the news. They keep the show full of racial tension and woke education segments.

by Anonymousreply 212November 16, 2021 1:54 PM

r212 sorry, I wasn't talking about his poetry which I didn't really pay attention to. I was talking about what it is like for him to be an officer and what changes he thinks should be made.

by Anonymousreply 213November 16, 2021 1:58 PM

A fan of Nate’s but sadly he’s awful. He seems to be reading a teleprompter even on the most basic impromptu comments. Tony has receded to the sidelines.

by Anonymousreply 214November 16, 2021 2:23 PM

Tony will be gone after the holidays. No way is Gayle King, star of the CBS Morning Show starring and featuring Gayle King, going to allow a white, hetero man to linger on HER show. The bigger question is why the CBS higher ups have allowed her to hijack and ruin this show.

by Anonymousreply 215November 16, 2021 2:29 PM

Tony should work for that naked news channel, wherever it may be.

by Anonymousreply 216November 16, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote] The bigger question is why the CBS higher ups have allowed her to hijack and ruin this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 16, 2021 2:37 PM

It would be hot to see Tony in a gladiator outfit flexing.

by Anonymousreply 218November 16, 2021 2:44 PM

and stroking

by Anonymousreply 219November 16, 2021 2:48 PM

The CBS higher ups smell like ORCA'S "stretched- out snatch". like GAYle.

by Anonymousreply 220November 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Nate seems like a nice guy, but his 90s styling makes the show look dated. They're having him interview people like his daughter (which was sweet) and his friends, it appears. I do enjoy Anthony Mason's interviews and wonder if he enjoys this more than being tethered to the desk every morning. Gayle is Gayle. Tony, let me rub your feet.

by Anonymousreply 221November 16, 2021 2:49 PM

Notice that Tony has moved over to the left of the table. That's the chair closest to the door, occupied by all those Gayle has gotten rid of. Charlie Rose, Nora O'Donnell, Anthony Mason and not Tony . Gayle even seems to be deferring to and interacting more with Nate Burleson. The posture toward Tony suddenly seems like he's a likable guest host.

by Anonymousreply 222November 16, 2021 4:22 PM

When did CBS turn into BET?

by Anonymousreply 223November 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Without a shirt, Nate looks like your local tatted-out trash... so much money, so little taste, so much bad ink...

And what's with the the wife's hand gesture? "Call me?" WTH...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 16, 2021 4:41 PM

R223, it's been that way for a while. It's always been a more progressive, left-leaning network, which is fine by me. But the morning show that got off to such a good start is now like watching MSNBC or CNN. But what's even worse? CBS Sunday Mornings! Drunk, semi-dementia afflicted Jane Pauley has literally ruined that program. We say that a lot about shows and people we don't like, but it's true that she's managed to isolate the audience and it's ratings since Charlie whats-his-name died prove that. It's ALL woke bullshit, Heavy-handed. Even during the course of interviews, me and the husbear noticed that no matter who the correspondent it, they must ask the subject matter a leading question about racism. "You must have experience a lot of racism growing up in this town?". .... "Considering your ethnicity, you must have overcome a lot of racism throughout your career..?" JESUS!! Recently they were interviewing Cedric the Entertainer and I was really getting into him, never having any interest. They were walking through his home town and he had JUST talked about how he and all his friends would hang out at that spot, where his first date was, and noted that he was from a middle class family. Then out of the blue, the dumbass reporter injects race into it, and of course Cedric had to give some shaky statement about how he "noticed it" etc. And he had JUST TALKED ABOUT how ideal his little home town was, how much he loved growing up there. Then again this last Sunday, they did the same thing to some Asian guy, who looked white really, a famous rock climber and documentary film maker. Walking through HIS hometown, and he's talking about his childhood and how his Chinese parents but pressure on him to achieve. They show photos of him having fun as a child... then comes the question, "You must have felts out of place at times, being the ONLY ASIAN in town"... Oh. My. GAWD!

by Anonymousreply 225November 16, 2021 4:44 PM

R225 You are on crack. Woke bullshit? You're fucking delusional.

CBS is the most conservative of all the broadcast networks. Its nighttime programs are gung ho pump your nads celebrations of cops and military types.

Just because you're apparently to the right of Stalin doesn't make a network or a show a Wokefest. Have a seat.

by Anonymousreply 226November 16, 2021 4:46 PM

R226, please come over and suck my dick. That's clearly the only thing you're good for, with your "right of Stalin" bullshit. Give it a fucking rest you shit stirring cunt.

by Anonymousreply 227November 16, 2021 4:58 PM

Nate is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 228November 16, 2021 5:14 PM

Anyone know if there's been any public criticism of Nate's performance?

by Anonymousreply 229November 16, 2021 6:02 PM

Nate is really bad and no Michael Strahan (sp). I would also like to know about any public criticism of Nate and the show in general.

by Anonymousreply 230November 16, 2021 7:06 PM

Whenever I watch now, Tony seems very uncomfortable and behaves awkwardly. He's still hot but maybe it's time he should go... kinda feels like he's halfway gone already.

by Anonymousreply 231November 16, 2021 7:20 PM

We need more blacks on tv!!!!

by Anonymousreply 232November 16, 2021 7:24 PM

Tony could kick Nate's ass. He's way stronger and muscle man Chris Hayes has been working out with Tony.

by Anonymousreply 233November 16, 2021 7:49 PM

Eough with all the black shit !

by Anonymousreply 234November 16, 2021 9:32 PM

it's mostly a thread about black people. what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 235November 16, 2021 10:24 PM

I sometimes feel there is some repressed sexual heat going on between Nate and Tony. One morning recently they were seated next to each other (Gayle was out, so Tony was in the center) and it's like they couldn't stop touching each other. I was like getting a fucking room already.

by Anonymousreply 236November 16, 2021 10:27 PM

^ Puhleeze, Vlad would cut a bitch. He lusts after Tony so obviously, he can barely keep the drool in his mouth when they're in segments together.

by Anonymousreply 237November 16, 2021 10:42 PM

CBS This Morning with Gayle King will be the new title soon.

by Anonymousreply 238November 16, 2021 10:49 PM

The show was renamed "CBS Mornings" just a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 239November 16, 2021 11:39 PM

The Gayle King Morning Show on CBS featuring Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 240November 16, 2021 11:44 PM

Lots of little flubs this morning on CBS Saturday. Segments appeared to run short (or get cut short), then Miller, Glor and Jacobson would have to awkwardly stretch with banter until commercial, once falsely cuing to commercial and immediately bouncing back to the studio where they had to ramble about the previous segment some more.

It looked like they were getting mixed cues from the booth vs on set. They were professional, but clearly frustrated with what appeared to be some level of either incompetence or drunkenness behind the scene. Miller finally asked "Do we have more time?" to double check before ending a segment.

It could just be a new or a fill-in producer or director. Still, it's a more enjoyable show than the current M-F iteration.

by Anonymousreply 241November 20, 2021 8:14 PM

Watching this morning (Monday) and GAYle cannot stop interrupting everyone once again. She also looks like a cheap gypsy with all of her baubles layered on her BRIGHT yellow ill-fitting sweater. She is so ghetto, it's a good thing she keeps scissoring O to keep her job.

by Anonymousreply 242November 22, 2021 12:12 PM

Now they are doing a segment on THE FIRST BLACK captain on Star Trek. YAWN. It's all black all the time.

by Anonymousreply 243November 22, 2021 12:20 PM

The black guy has to go! He’s annoying.

by Anonymousreply 244November 22, 2021 4:52 PM

It's time we actually do something about this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Thank you, R245, this demands immediate action!

by Anonymousreply 246November 22, 2021 10:35 PM

Yeah, cuz that’ll work.

by Anonymousreply 247November 22, 2021 11:52 PM

Turned on CBS News and thought -what are the odds the next story will be about a black person.

Lo and behold, the next story was about a wrongfully imprisoned black man.

by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2021 11:49 AM

And then a story about the asteroid and then a story about Grammy nominated John Batiste.

Because he’s the Grammy story of course.

by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2021 11:52 AM

For over seventy years, virtually every “news” program on every major broadcast network has been white-directed news (occasionally delivered by a Black or Asian person). There have been morning “news” stories that featured hikers, bikers, explorers, cops, governors, scientists, military leaders, children (or women) in distress, actors and holiday shoppers.

I said “virtually.” Sometimes breakout people of color (other than Ricky Martin, Misty Copeland, Tiger Woods or Obama) were featured. That’s happened for most of seventy years

White America didn’t notice, or care. People of color did.

Gayle has turned the old formula on its head. Still, she’s just driving the reported content on one morning show, on one network.

Rather than thinking about why this change might be, the forty-some percent are wondering why good old CBS still doesn’t cover their perspective ninety-seven percent of the time.

by Anonymousreply 250November 27, 2021 10:59 AM

^ Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 251November 27, 2021 4:01 PM

I do feel guilty saying it, but CBS Mornings, and really all the CBS shows are now very transparently black-centric. To black people I suppose that's okay. And it IS okay, if that's what they want to make it. But they won't just come out and announce a format change. So to the rest of us who've watched this network and it's once storied morning and Sunday Morning shows, it's overwhelming, heavy-handed. There is clearly a mission they're projecting, nothing they report is ever balanced or objective. Michelle Miller did a story this Saturday morning where she sat with a white lady that started a Made in the USA website. I swear it was the only time I remember her interviewing someone not African American. She's Marc Morial's wife, the former Mayor of New Orleans, (my former mayor), so yes, she and her husband are very, very black centric and consider themselves champions of the black community. Only, she brings it to her job.

It isn't really the centering on black people and black culture, it's the injection of race issues into even the most benign and trivial pieces. Something about someone starting his own baking company? Miller, Jacobs, King, whomever is doing the story brings up race, sometimes in the most jarring, crowbar type way. i.e. "Being a BLACK baker, there aren't many of those out there. You MUST have felt racism when you started your business What was that like?" That's pretty much verbatim of what they'll do. If anyone here doesn't believe me, watch Sunday Morning tomorrow and follow CBS for just a week. You'll see it for yourself. And it isn't organic. It's forced, as if it's been required by the producers.

That's what's become weird about this show and this network, and why so many people resent Gayle King. It was an incredible show before Charlie Rose left. Gayle was great, they all had a good rapport, it was fresh, something new. Now, it's pretty much as bad as CNN with all their race-base stuff, and it's kind of miserable.

by Anonymousreply 252November 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Well said, R252.

by Anonymousreply 253November 27, 2021 7:01 PM

Gayle is quickly becoming the cuntiest cunt that ever cunted

by Anonymousreply 254November 27, 2021 7:06 PM

Oprah is what guarantees Gayle job security and that big pay raise. If it weren’t for Oprah and her CBS specials, Gayle would be gone. She’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 255November 27, 2021 7:11 PM

I love Anne Marie Greene, R202! I wonder how she would do on a real morning show.

by Anonymousreply 256November 28, 2021 9:45 AM

Another Monday morning, another story about a black kid from the "hood" (Kevin Hart) who is now on his way to becoming a "billionaire" and how his struggle inspires other blacks. It is EXHAUSTING GAYle.

by Anonymousreply 257November 29, 2021 12:22 PM

^ Followed by a segment on "Hip-Hop's meaning." Who in the fuck is programming this shit? No one under 60 is watching this shit, let alone cares about hip-hop.

by Anonymousreply 258November 29, 2021 12:24 PM

Has Tony presented hole yet?

by Anonymousreply 259November 29, 2021 2:20 PM

Why in the world would anyone watch anything with Gayle King. Ridiculous waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 260November 29, 2021 2:42 PM

All of this drama because GAYle wants on the set& smells like ORCA's pussy juices!!

by Anonymousreply 261November 29, 2021 2:50 PM

That's "walks" on the set.

by Anonymousreply 262November 29, 2021 2:51 PM

Vlad subbed for Tony today.

by Anonymousreply 263December 1, 2021 4:31 PM

Super nelly Vlad 'Doo-Tee-A' subbed for Tony again today. I watched because the husbear refuses to turn the channel while having his coffee every morning. (rule at our house is, whoever got to the TV first watches what he wants until and unless the other one bitches)

It's definitely become an African American-centric show. From 8-9am it was 100% stories and promos on black subject matters. That's cool if it's organic, like the news story on the murder of poor Jackie Avant. But then we get the 15 minute interview on the poor guy who just got out of prison from getting his conviction overturned after 40 years, (such a cherry-picked, random thing to highlight), the constant promos on L.L. Cool Jay lighting the national Christmas Tree, Serena Williams' writing a book about her kid's babydoll "Qai Qai", a sassy bald baby that dances like she's Cardi B. , Another profile on an African American person, I forget who, the whole Vlad segment that used to be the 'lite' portion of the show, highlighting funny/quirky news items, pop-culture, etc., now a daily segment featuring topics of racial injustice or "celebrating" a person of color (usually black) who's overcome racism/white supremacy/social injustice, following by a minute or more of pontificating by Gayle and Nate, the gush-gush-gush over whatever specifically curated highlight/black person has done something amazing or cute or "brave"... ugh... Someone upthread referred to this once brilliant morning news show as BET Mornings, and that's what it really is. That's cool if it gains ratings, but not sure how that will happen by isolating 80% or more of their audience. (I know, I know, I sound bitchy/bitter. I just need some coffee, and preferably a good morning show to start my day. :-/ )

by Anonymousreply 264December 2, 2021 1:04 PM

R257 - I saw that promo'd and knew I'd avoid it. Let me guess, not a mention of Kevin Hart's history of nasty homophobic and racist comments, right? Or his drunken antics, like walking up to television reporters after a nationally televised football game and making a drunk cunt of himself? It's funny how certain celebrities and well known people are able to be so teflon, how nothing sticks to them and they're able to go about their careers and lives. The only require is that they're black. Wanna be racist? Anti gay? Oh, it's ALL in good fun, yall! *eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 265December 2, 2021 2:02 PM

I’m still having a hard time believing that Vlad is married to a woman!!!!

by Anonymousreply 266December 2, 2021 3:06 PM

An Asian woman, no less!

by Anonymousreply 267December 3, 2021 8:43 AM

It's so cringe to watch Tony remain stoic as Gayle declares "Yes he is!" after Nate introduces himself EVERY morning.

by Anonymousreply 268December 3, 2021 11:02 AM

I really dislike Nate and pairing him up with the insufferable GAYle only makes him more intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 269December 3, 2021 12:12 PM

Every time I watch it I feel sorry for Tony . They go out of their way to make him look like the token white dork. Stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 270December 3, 2021 12:18 PM

Vlad filling in for Tony again this morning. Damn, he is HARD to look at first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 271December 3, 2021 12:23 PM

Vlad looks like a desiccated mummy.

I wonder if Tony is out interviewing for other jobs.

by Anonymousreply 272December 3, 2021 1:21 PM

[quote] I wonder if Tony is out interviewing for other jobs.

Mary Tyler Muir better watch out...

by Anonymousreply 273December 3, 2021 5:19 PM

Vlad subbing for Tony ONCE again. GAYle wearing some African sweater and honoring negro league players. She is so giddy and flirty with these two fags on either side of her. Tony, you in danger!

by Anonymousreply 274December 6, 2021 11:53 AM

[quote]That's cool if it gains ratings, but not sure how that will happen by isolating 80% or more of their audience.

The far left (i.e., SJWs, wokesters) don't care about ratings nor profits. They're anti-capitalists, which is why they're terrible businesspersons. All they care about is promoting their woke leftist agenda at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 275December 6, 2021 12:23 PM

Does anyone know how their ratings have been doing since the new format?

by Anonymousreply 276December 6, 2021 12:50 PM

Tony Dokoupil is STILL absent. He's either staging a sick-out because they've given him notice he's gone, or he's helping with damage control for his wife who's been caught up in the Chris Cuomo scandal and was helping Cuomo with messaging.

Gayle was wearing some bizarre sweater dress this morning with some Oh-Mighty-Isis type of amulet. She's really getting freaky with the outfits and those poodle bangs hanging over her face like an old sagging awning outside a broken down Havana coffee shop. Doesn't she have ANYBODY to tell her "NO! Don't do that!?!"

Just for the record, I was the one who predicted up thread, weeks ago, that Gayle is aiming to rebrand that program and laud it as the first all-black anchored national morning show. She would take much pride in that and why it might be cool, or a nice novelty, there's no way they're going to keep what's left of their audience. Then again, black viewers may flock to it in droves. Once can't watch Judge Matthis and Maury ALL the time. Maybe a new morning show for the urban stay-at-home-crowd is in order.

by Anonymousreply 277December 6, 2021 5:15 PM

R277 sounds like an insider. Tell us what you know!

by Anonymousreply 278December 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Tony is back today on a rather somber set. GAYle looks like a muppet in her fringe wig and awful purple sweater that is very unflattering especially paired with her gaudy huge necklace. Next up is a story on how black people get screwed when they go to sell their homes.

by Anonymousreply 279December 8, 2021 11:20 AM

Tony's days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 280December 8, 2021 2:17 PM

"Coming up after the break: One home appraiser in California valued the home of a black couple much less than they believe it's worth. This is a national conspiracy of racism against black homeowners!! It MUST be stopped! It's clearly happening everywhere! To EVERY black homeowner! All black people are suffering from this racist phenomenon!!! (even though we've only found one black couple it's allegedly happened to.) Expect Congressional hearings on this modern-day lynching of black homeowners!! Black! Black Black Black!!! BLLAAAACCKKK!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 281December 8, 2021 6:42 PM

Sorry bubble dwellers; sane people know it happens - all the time.

One couple I know had their house reappraised - upwards - after taking out all (Black) pictorial evidence of their existence.

The other (fearing the worst) had a white colleague meet the appraiser, claim to be the owner, and casually mention he was selling his temporarily rented home.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2021 5:35 AM

R282 - Link please? Link to any statistic showing this data? Link to ANYTHING addressing this as a routine problem? Link. Please?

Look, I have no doubt this happens/has happened. Being from the deep south originally where many small towns are majority African American, I also have no doubt the same thing has happened to caucasian and Hispanic people at the hands of black people. It's like all the hysteria over black people being murdered/shot by police officers and yet, unprovoked homicides of Caucasians by African Americans never get a news mention. It's never armchair quarterbacked. Never studied for causation, etc.. That doesn't mean we shouldn't rise up and be angry over the constant shootings and murders of black men by police. But according to the American media, they are the only victims. Or the only ones that matter and that just isn't true.

We ALL know America has racial issues. Guess what, so does every other Western country. Only in America, we tend to think of one particular race as perpetual victims of race-based crime and discrimination, and that isn't true. either Just because it's been more traditionally prevalent with one demographic or just because we think it happens more to one demographic shouldn't ignore the fact it happens to many others also. Yet, people like Gayle King will use their platform to focus and report only on the race/demo that she personally connects with. In doing so, she only creates more harm than good. It's unfair, and it's an insulting phenomenon that I think people are becoming increasingly intolerable of.

by Anonymousreply 283December 9, 2021 1:43 PM

[quote] I also have no doubt the same thing has happened to caucasian and Hispanic people at the hands of black people.

Yep. There no doubt are scores of Black appraisers out there under-assessing the value of real estate owned by Whites.

by Anonymousreply 284December 9, 2021 7:08 PM

Nobody said "scores" R284. And aside from your aching desire to shit-stir and race bait, you can't seem to offer any example or argument to back up your petty, tired allegations. Nope. You simply troll from thread to thread with these same accusations. Calling people "racists", injecting any race-based spin you can into every thread, snarking on the "whites", etc.. Move along, toots. You're played out here.

by Anonymousreply 285December 9, 2021 7:20 PM

Apparently, Tony D was in Israel visiting his first litter. I wish he'd come visit me -- shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 286December 9, 2021 8:24 PM

Anybody happen to catch Tony interrupting GAYle on Friday morning's broadcast? I forget what they were talking about but it was during Big Gay Vlad's little segment. Gayle began saying something and Tony interrupted her mid-sentence and seemed to correct her, his hands emoting. Gayle kind of halfway nods in approval but as he continued to talk, her facial expression completely changed, like it had hit her what he did. And in Gayle's defence, Tony WAS doing classic man'splaining. There is no way that wasn't "talked over" after the broadcast. Or maybe Tony's already been given notice and just didn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 287December 10, 2021 4:50 PM

Gayle is the CBS Matt Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 288December 10, 2021 5:10 PM

I can't stand how Gayle gushes over everyone in a story about black people and then Oh, that's nice for anyone that's white. They have swung the pendulum too far. There are some really good stories about black people. There are some really good stories about white people. They need to integrate them so it doesn't seem like they are trying to make it one way or the other.

Nate drones. I saw him on a sports show the other day and he drones there too but it seemed more appropriate. He has little inflection in his tone. He has improved a little but he seems rather bored with most of the stuff but lights up when it's about sports. This morning while reading his cue cards it sounded like he didn't know how to read.

I watched this show religiously from beginning to end. Now I turn it off at about the halfway mark. Soon I won't even be watching it. I don't like Michael Strahan and I don't like Savannah Guthrie who I think comes across as a little girl in an adult body. Guess I won't have anything to watch in the mornings.

by Anonymousreply 289December 10, 2021 5:26 PM

To R287, that's what GAYle needs to happen to her. She smells like ORCA's pussy juices all over her face-bad wigs. so, the Bitch thinks she doesn't stink. GAYle don't know anything about anything.

by Anonymousreply 290December 10, 2021 5:57 PM

Tony is looking more muscular than Nate. How is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 291December 11, 2021 7:22 PM

Nate dresses like a gay hooker.

by Anonymousreply 292December 11, 2021 9:09 PM

Either GAYle has fired her stylist or her stylist is still there and just hates her. Today's ugly sweater makes her look like an extra from "Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory." Chilly interaction between her and Nora O'Donnell who was reporting live from Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 293December 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Gayle looked even more ridiculous than usual this morning.

But holy god, Nate asking Henry Cavill if he was going to be the next James Bond, like he had snuck in some highly disguised "gotcha" question was just painful. Kill this show!!!

by Anonymousreply 294December 13, 2021 1:44 PM

Why does Nate Burleson dress like a clown? He's a handsome guy but of course, clearly, obviously in love with himself. Love primping, posing, etc. But the outfits are getting a bit wacky some days. It's as if Gayle is dressing him

by Anonymousreply 295December 14, 2021 2:01 PM

I watched GMA for the past couple of days and have been happily surprised. It's pretty dense with content and runs like a well-oiled machine, with more fluff towards the end. The last segment of today's show was a performance by the cast of the Company revival, which was fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 296December 14, 2021 9:34 PM

Everyone seems off their game this morning (Wednesday 12/15). I wonder if they got word they're being revamped, again.

Nate dresses just like the other clowns that do commentary for NFL broadcasts.

by Anonymousreply 297December 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Today, their last segment was the "comedian" who does a man-on-the-street shtick for the daily show. Gayle just LURVS The Daily Show. So, they had this guy on and started with a clip of him harassing people somewhere in California who were protesting mandated vaccines. The guy is giving some woman a hard time asking why she's an anti-vaxer. The woman replied twice, "No, no! I am NOT against the vaccination, don't go there with me., I'm against it being required". Then he interviews some white trashy type guy who is also saying that he's against vaccine mandates. - They cut back to the studio where Gayle and company are rolling their eyes. Gayle asked the "comedian", "How do you even keep a straight face with THOSE types of people?" And she goes on to remark "And you know, what surprised me is that this was CALIFORNIA! You wouldn't expect that from California, (or something similar.)"

It was a jaw-dropping, moment of Gayle putting her classism and racism on full display, if not intentional. The very thought there would be unwashed ignorant white people in California, of all places, where only the beautiful and enlightened people live! I immediately turned it over to see the last few minutes of over-stimulated, candy-colored, fluffy GMA where they were having studio hands dressed as elves handing Robin, George and the gang stockings of their favorite books so they could recommend the books they like for your "holiday reading". LOL! GMA... It's a fucking tacky mess, but they don't wallow in the maudlin, morose, intensely politically partisan trash that NBC has allowed their show to become with Gayle King. I may start watching them instead

by Anonymousreply 298December 15, 2021 3:32 PM

Is this not the same setup on NBC’s Today show? Are there any segments on Asians, Latinos, ect?

by Anonymousreply 299December 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Today's offerings include an "all black" football team going to a "historically black college" and the woman who refused to give up her seat on a bus before Rosa Parks. GAYle needs to stop wearing sweaters and sweater dresses. She looks like she's giving Chrissy Metz a run for her money.

by Anonymousreply 300December 16, 2021 12:05 PM

I pity the multiple pairs of Spanks who gives their lives to contain Gayle's bulk so that she can continue in her fantasy that she's anything less than a size 16.

by Anonymousreply 301December 16, 2021 12:09 PM

R301, size 16 left the building a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 302December 16, 2021 12:21 PM

"Wayle" King has thoughts on body shaming women, but she'll wait for you to start talking so she can interrupt you and overshare.

by Anonymousreply 303December 16, 2021 2:38 PM

Anyone else notice that Nate’s comments is almost always a re phrasing what another person just said? How limited! Vlad should be there, not Nate.

by Anonymousreply 304December 16, 2021 3:06 PM

It was on at the gym…I saw Bette Midler being interviewed and I thought WOW, a white person.

by Anonymousreply 305December 16, 2021 3:17 PM

It's Christmas Eve on CBS Mornings, and Tony Dokoupil in casual attire is making me the horniest I've been in years. That motherfucker is fine.

by Anonymousreply 306December 24, 2021 11:54 AM

He is hot, R306. Would love to see him naked (or at least shirtless). Katy is one lucky woman.

by Anonymousreply 307December 24, 2021 1:03 PM

You can find shirtless pics of Tony if you google but I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

He is FINE.

by Anonymousreply 308December 24, 2021 1:07 PM

Tony's casual attire is an overtight gray T shirt. Nate is dressed as a gay elf.

by Anonymousreply 309December 24, 2021 1:19 PM

Tony is looking super hot. That tight gray shirt shows off his muscles....hunk alert. I figured Nate would be the more muscular when he arrived, but Tony has him beat by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 310December 24, 2021 1:30 PM

Damn I missed it ! I quit watching/recording when it changed format. Anyone have a screenshot of hunky Tony?

by Anonymousreply 311December 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Gayle looked like a massive plaid wall.

by Anonymousreply 312December 24, 2021 2:11 PM

She also subtly made it clear she wasn't pleased with Tony overshadowing her and Nate. Nothing blatant. But her body language and vocal inflections were not pleased if you knew how to read them.

by Anonymousreply 313December 24, 2021 2:32 PM

I won’t rest until brothers and sisters have all the entertainment jobs, we don’t want anything else. Just TV, film & music, oh and sports. Everything that gets glory & tons of money with minimum work. White people should be janitors.

by Anonymousreply 314December 24, 2021 2:39 PM

I thought the title said, “Burlesque” and promptly lost interest when I didn’t see any penis.

by Anonymousreply 315December 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Tony was indeed super hot this morning. His chest definitely wanted to be free from that tight gray shirt.

by Anonymousreply 316December 24, 2021 7:52 PM

I agree R316. Tony looks way bigger and stronger than Nate. I was too busy hoping the camera would stay on Tony to catch Ms. King's shade aimed at him.

by Anonymousreply 317December 24, 2021 8:31 PM

[Quote]Tony is looking super hot. That tight gray shirt shows off his muscles....hunk alert. I figured Nate would be the more muscular when he arrived, but Tony has him beat by a mile.

Both men look good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 24, 2021 9:00 PM

Nate looks doughy.

by Anonymousreply 319December 24, 2021 9:07 PM

Nate is not attractive and his glasses only add to the problem.

by Anonymousreply 320December 24, 2021 9:57 PM

We need more TRANS WOMEN OF COLOR on these shows not cis females like Gayle

by Anonymousreply 321December 25, 2021 2:27 AM

I was hoping Tony and his tight tshirt would be in my stocking this morning, but, alas... (Thanks for posting that clip, R318!)

by Anonymousreply 322December 25, 2021 5:46 PM

Look, Nate Burleson is really a cute/very handsome guy, and he comes off as nice enough; and I hate that there's so much disdain for him on this thread, which I've joined in on. But the sad truth is what everyone knows, even what the New York Post has hinted at. And that is that he won his job via racial nepotism. Dukoupil and even Gayle have had careers in journalism. There were so many other people they could have selected who REALLY worked and paid dues to have that chance. But the ever-horny, always-needing-a-man mentioning Gayle selected him because of his looks in every way. He's handsome, charming, and, most importantly to people like Gayle King and Oprah Winfrey, he's black.

I'm a gay guy but have a big time crush on Jericka Duncan. She's absolutely beautiful, so professional. I never detect her attempting to skew stories or inject bias politics in what she's reporting on. She seems like a real pro, and is definitely a real journalist. So, what was wrong with her? It would have given the show a young, attractive black woman who has already been tested and no doubt would have resonated with viewers, even attracted more of that demo they clearly want to attract. But nope, they had to pull in somebody Gayle could flirt with and who likes doing the little shuck-and-jive thing she engages in. It's too bad. We really could have used a somewhat intelligent morning news program similar to what CBS Mornings was in the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 323December 27, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote]But the ever-horny, always-needing-a-man mentioning Gayle selected him because of his looks in every way.

r323, you only think Gayle King being horny is behind this? lol. The viewership for these shows are largely women. These decisions are driven by the demographic, and women enjoy looking at hot black guys on TV. Its not hardcore journalism here. Michael Strahan crossed over and proved it. Old white men have delivered scandal after scandal across the board and kept their jobs for decades, people are over it. Its refreshing that the networks are finally catering to what women want and Im sure as hell not complaining.

by Anonymousreply 324December 27, 2021 3:50 PM

Nate is a waste of space. He should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 325December 27, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote]Vlad Duthier,... His super-bubbly personality has made him a viewer favorite.

Oh yeah?

I was in long line at the drug store yesterday and struck up a conversation with a 70ish woman when CBS This Morning came up. She told me she watches the show out of habit, but no more. That skinny sugary queen (her words) Vlad is the reason. She immediately changes the channel now.

Vlad is way too upbeat queeny and cheerful for me too, I can't imagine where his act is popular. On the Today Show they have that unshaven fat guy reading the same kind of shit. Lose both of those MFs.

by Anonymousreply 326December 27, 2021 4:18 PM

R323, do you not know how the TV business works? Or how life in general works? "There were so many other people they could have selected who REALLY worked and paid dues to have that chance" is about as naive as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 327December 27, 2021 4:25 PM

Nate is just the CBS version of Michael Strahan.

by Anonymousreply 328December 27, 2021 4:31 PM

Anyone who thinks GAYle is horny for a man needs to have their gaydar taken in for a tune-up.

by Anonymousreply 329December 27, 2021 5:03 PM

No way was Gayle going to tolerate another woman on the show to draw attention from her.

Nate was on by himself with no Tony or Gayle and was embarrassing. He is handsome though.

by Anonymousreply 330December 27, 2021 5:53 PM

A full week of Nate, Vlad and Jamie YUCKus has been unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 331December 30, 2021 11:20 AM

Straight Vlad, who used to be mildly entertaining, has indeed become an unbearable flaming queen this week.

by Anonymousreply 332December 30, 2021 11:38 AM

CBS News is on a downward spiral. They are making terrible decisions.

by Anonymousreply 333December 30, 2021 11:49 AM

Poor queeny Vlad, with his aging face made for radio, has seemed desperate this past week to prove how much FUN he is so he won't be passed over again the next time there's an opening at the main table.

I'm sorry to sound so vicious but what's happened to him is embarrassing and sad.

by Anonymousreply 334December 30, 2021 12:18 PM

Vlad is straight? Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 335December 30, 2021 12:40 PM

I started to put straight in quotes and probably should have. He married his girlfriend of Asian descent last year. On Fire Island.

by Anonymousreply 336December 30, 2021 12:52 PM

Oh I get it. Vlad married her so she could stay in the country. That makes sense. Wonder what his boyfriend thinks of the arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 337December 30, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote]I'm sorry to sound so vicious but what's happened to him is embarrassing and sad.

What's happened TO him? He did it himself, he's letting it all out. Not only is Vlad insufferable, locally we get that over the hill, red headed queen weatherman John Elliott prancing around during the show.

by Anonymousreply 338December 30, 2021 2:27 PM

Hey 338, I’m actually available. Have their people call me!

by Anonymousreply 339December 30, 2021 3:28 PM

I hope Tony's spending his week off at the gym keeping in fine shape.

by Anonymousreply 340December 30, 2021 8:06 PM

I like John Eliot. A lot. Yes, he's just a little obvious but he's mainly just enthusiastic and never blatantly over the top and desperate like Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 341December 30, 2021 9:38 PM

Can't stand Gayle King so I have never watched this show. Today's better.

by Anonymousreply 342December 30, 2021 9:40 PM

My straight sister-in-law adores John Eliot and is still pissed they knocked him from M-F mornings to weekends and replaced him with the obese black woman.

by Anonymousreply 343December 30, 2021 9:44 PM

John ELLIOTT (not Eliot) is a total pain in the ass who claims to be straight. He's very popular with straight fraus who find fliting around homos "cute." The obese black woman - Elise Finch, is these best weather person on local NYC TV. She doesn't phone it in like Mike Woods, she's not whiny like that morning woman on channel 4, she doesn't rush through weather with a thousand things you don't give a shit about like Sam Champion. It's just right.

by Anonymousreply 344December 30, 2021 11:46 PM

Finally, some behind-the-scenes gossip that explains why CBS Mornings is going down the shitter.

[quote]A tough, new boss at CBS News is slashing costs in a bid to revamp the struggling network — and he’s also provoking complaints from employees, with some grumbling that he is “rude” and “micromanaging.”

[quote]Rank-and-file at the third-place network gripe that co-president Neeraj Khemlani — a former Hearst executive who along with ex-ABC executive Wendy McMahon took the reins in May — is demanding more work even as he axes resources, with some raising concerns that ruthless bean counting at CBS News is “cutting it to the bone.”

[quote]Meanwhile, Khemlani has been working to reverse a ratings slump at “CBS This Morning.” Last fall, he changed the show’s name to “CBS Mornings” and replaced co-anchor Anthony Mason with Nate Burleson, who joined King and Tony Dokoupil at the anchor table. He also moved the show from CBS’ Broadcast Center on 57th street to a second-floor studio in ViacomCBS’ corporate headquarters in Times Square.

[quote]Critics said the moves amount to “CBS Mornings” copying the branding of Jane Pauley’s “CBS Sunday Morning,” using the show’s golden yellow sun logo and music theme. Staffers on Pauley’s show are “pissed” that the exec “ripped off” their show, an insider said.

Lots more in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Someone posted way back in the thread that the "new" theme melody was just a newly orchestrated version of the Sunday morning theme. And the new intro graphics are ripped off from the Sunday morning show too.

by Anonymousreply 346January 7, 2022 4:32 AM

Those budget cuts seem pretty evident this week with so many technical glitches. The constant talking over one another is annoying AF.

Give Tony a shot at evening anchor, and let Gayle and Nora go. CBS could probably move the Price is Right to 7am and get better ratings.

by Anonymousreply 347January 7, 2022 12:18 PM

I usually DVR CBS Sunday Morning because they never mention Trump and have peaceful, cheerful stories for a Sunday morning. I never watch any other CBS news shows. Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 348January 7, 2022 3:43 PM

The CBS morning show, which was the best of the three during the Charlie/Norah/Gayle era, has become unwatchable.

CBS Sunday Morning is the only thing I still watch on the network.

by Anonymousreply 349January 7, 2022 3:46 PM

I can't stand Gayle King. Never watch anything that bitch is on.

by Anonymousreply 350January 7, 2022 3:54 PM

To R349...CBS Sunday Morning is the only show I watch in the morning (thats it). I LOVE Jane Pauley. To R350...I agree with you on GAYle. She is on that show because she has Orca pussy juices all over her.

by Anonymousreply 351January 7, 2022 6:29 PM

If anyone wants to see the future of CBS Sunday Morning, turn on the ABC Good Morning America shit pile any day of the work week.

Self-absorbed, "race is all there is to talk about" attitudes, lazy lack of preparation, shade and dismissal based on personal views, hee-hawing, smug pride and a collapse of any objectivity in all areas.

As went the USPS, so goes network "news-entertainment."

by Anonymousreply 352January 7, 2022 6:47 PM

Meanwhile, over on ABC, James Longman is outcharming Whit Johnson on GMA Saturday, without trying. After finally bullying Dan Harris off the air, I bet Whit is shitting his pants over this tryout.

by Anonymousreply 353January 8, 2022 1:07 PM

James Longman is much better than Gio Benitez, who sat in a few times. Gio is all toothy and smiley and shallow. James has looks and brains. Will Whit put the kibosh on having James on again? We know that Whit is not the least bit threatened by shallow Gio.

by Anonymousreply 354January 8, 2022 2:11 PM

I want James Longman deeply inside me.

by Anonymousreply 355January 8, 2022 2:47 PM

ABC sure loves the gays !

by Anonymousreply 356January 8, 2022 2:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 8, 2022 3:01 PM

Are there casting couches ?

by Anonymousreply 358January 8, 2022 3:02 PM

If James is appearing shirtless, I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 359January 8, 2022 3:10 PM

Is James Longman a long man?

by Anonymousreply 360January 8, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]After finally bullying Dan Harris off the air

Is there a story here about Whit and cute little Dan you'd like to share? If so, we're all ears.

by Anonymousreply 361January 8, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote]CBS could probably move the Price is Right to 7am and get better ratings

LOL r347

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 8, 2022 6:07 PM

[quote]Critics said the moves amount to “CBS Mornings” copying the branding of Jane Pauley’s “CBS Sunday Morning,” using the show’s golden yellow sun logo and music theme. Staffers on Pauley’s show are “pissed” that the exec “ripped off” their show, an insider said.

lmao they do realize the 3 collective viewers of these shows couldn't care less about this petty nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 363January 8, 2022 6:10 PM

David Muir better watch out for James Longman. Brits who work in American media are ruthless.

by Anonymousreply 364January 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Poor David has to watch out for all of these young upstarts! He better get a grip on his bronzer game.

by Anonymousreply 365January 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Tony isn’t going anywhere. All he has are his looks. Dumb as dirt otherwise. He’s milking this tit for all its worth. Pinnacle of his career. It’s downward from here.

by Anonymousreply 366January 9, 2022 7:18 PM

"Gayle King presents CBS Mornings with Gayle King" returns tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 367January 9, 2022 7:28 PM

Hey R352, let's start a substack newsletter! ;)

by Anonymousreply 368January 10, 2022 12:32 PM

Today they are celebrating GAYle's 10 year anniversary on CBS This Morning. She is such an insufferable ass. They are playing a reel with all of her guffaws. There are MANY.

by Anonymousreply 369January 10, 2022 12:36 PM

Somebody mentioned Dan Harris from ABC - Don't wanna turn this into an ABC/Dan Harris thread but now that you mention it, where IS cute little Dan Harris? He no doubt made a shitload of money off that book of his but he should still be working. Can't say I've seen him recently.

When you look at R366's comment about Dukopil and stop and think about it, he is indeed more of a pretty face. He isn't the most smooth of journalists. He's very good as a field reporter. Has that look, does well with the short pieces etc. I can't see him helming an evening news program or another morning chat show. And as sexy as he is, I get the impression those good looks are going to fade very soon. I think his face will be one of those that look much more weathered than his age. The eyes are already getting squinty and those crows feet are settling in.

by Anonymousreply 370January 10, 2022 12:40 PM

Tony looked really hot this morning.

by Anonymousreply 371January 10, 2022 1:06 PM

When Tom Llamas eventually replaces Lester Holt (Sorry Peter A.) at NBC, CBS will need an affable, attractive personality on the nightly news. Dokoupil fills that bill, in spades.

by Anonymousreply 372January 10, 2022 4:32 PM

Bob Saget was on one of the iterations of the CBS Morning Show. Did they mention him? R372 Tony is good looking but dumb as dirt. He’ll never go farther. Morning tv is his pinnacle.

by Anonymousreply 373January 10, 2022 5:54 PM

I didn't watch this morning. How many times did Gayle mention Sidney Poitier?

by Anonymousreply 374January 10, 2022 6:10 PM

I hope Tony is keeping his big muscles in the new year

by Anonymousreply 375January 10, 2022 6:27 PM

If they had a Fitness Tips With Tony segment I would watch, as long as he was in a tank top and shorts. Maybe he could show us his Showering Tips, too.

by Anonymousreply 376January 10, 2022 6:49 PM

How many pairs of Spanx had to be sacrificed to get GAYle to fit into that 10-year-old dress?

by Anonymousreply 377January 10, 2022 8:21 PM

R376, I know it would be a shame to objectify Tony in such a way but CBS would have ratings gold on their hands if they'd just get Tony to show a little skin sometimes. Ditch the suits and put him in some tight T-shirts at least two days a week and the ratings would go up I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 378January 10, 2022 8:30 PM

Gayle wouldn't go for that....Tony should tell her how it is. Plus, Gayle seethes whenever hippy Drew Barrymore drops in.

by Anonymousreply 379January 10, 2022 11:10 PM

There's only ONE star of the Gayle King CBS Mornings Show starring Gayle King and featuring Gayle King, and that's ME baby!

by Anonymousreply 380January 11, 2022 1:08 AM

Their litle obnoxious, daily Stephen Colbert suck fest is tiresome. I don't know why the husband has to watch this shit but if I'm going to sit and have a cup of coffee in my living room before work, I'm pretty much forced to sit there. There is something so smug about Colbert, (and yeah, I agree with a lot of his underlying politics. But not all of it by far), there's something so grating and obnoxious about him that I wouldn't mind if his head exploded on live TV. Mid-smug in fact. The guy is feasting on the animosity and division of the country. Like a jester, he's dancing for the hate and divide. I hate that fucker.

by Anonymousreply 381January 14, 2022 12:49 PM

I used to be a long time CBS This Morning viewer until the new format. Turned it on the other day and the first thing I heard was Gayle talking about racism.

Turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 382January 14, 2022 1:03 PM

Elphaba Dutier was fabulous this morning.

by Anonymousreply 383January 14, 2022 4:32 PM

I’m surprised anyone watches this at all. It’s kind of awful. The only one I can slightly tolerate is ABC. And even though it’s cringe worthy. It’s amazing how much money the shows me given their crap contact.

by Anonymousreply 384January 14, 2022 4:54 PM

Networks are fighting for our Gayle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 19, 2022 6:50 AM

When are they going to shake Jane loose from Sundays, fire that blowhard Gaffigan and send Mo Rocca packing?

by Anonymousreply 386January 19, 2022 7:47 AM

I want to know more about Vlad’s closet

by Anonymousreply 387January 19, 2022 2:27 PM

The best thing that could happen to CBS is if they “lose” Gayle to another network

by Anonymousreply 388January 19, 2022 4:20 PM

Gayle could go to GMA. Robin’s rarely there. She has the most time off of anyone ever.

by Anonymousreply 389January 19, 2022 5:00 PM

What's in Tony's closet?

by Anonymousreply 390January 19, 2022 5:38 PM

Bitch ain't goin' nowhere...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 24, 2022 7:16 PM

CBS News division was once the gold standard of journalism. Looking at it now, most people would never believe it.

by Anonymousreply 392January 24, 2022 8:04 PM

I read this today and felt more confused than informed about what's going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393January 24, 2022 9:49 PM

R391 is correct:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 28, 2022 9:23 PM

Yay! More Gayle!!

by Anonymousreply 395January 28, 2022 9:57 PM

Damn! Damn! Damn!

by Anonymousreply 396January 28, 2022 10:02 PM

R396 = Vlad, foiled again.

by Anonymousreply 397January 29, 2022 12:58 AM

The Gayle King Morning Show starring Gayle King featuring Gayle King with special ongoing non-stop commentary by Gayle King and special guest star Gayle King.

by Anonymousreply 398January 29, 2022 1:06 AM

I agree that Tony should wear tighter shirts. His physique and physical strength puts former football player Nate to shame.

by Anonymousreply 399January 29, 2022 1:12 AM

Gayle is staying at CBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400January 29, 2022 2:20 AM

Christ, what does she talk about on her "radio show".

by Anonymousreply 401January 29, 2022 12:15 PM

I would like to see Gayle's van, frankly. While she's down there, Tony, take off your jacket and tie, unbutton your shirt a little and relax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402February 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Vlad has to be one of the ugliest creatures on earth and Nate is an imbecile. This thing needs to die a quick, painless death!

by Anonymousreply 403February 10, 2022 8:35 PM

The standard comment years ago was that Vlad has a face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 404February 10, 2022 8:43 PM

Vlad's... enthusiasm for everything is a LOT. I wish he'd turn it down to about three.

by Anonymousreply 405February 10, 2022 8:47 PM

there is nothing wrong with Vlad. He is always happy and smiling. do you ever think of others without thinking about whether you want to screw them or not? if that is what you always think about or if it is the first thing you think about maybe you need to start assessing your priorities.

by Anonymousreply 406February 10, 2022 8:49 PM

Nate always asks his questions like they’re being fed to him through his earpiece

by Anonymousreply 407February 10, 2022 10:09 PM

And he responds the same way

by Anonymousreply 408February 10, 2022 10:18 PM

Nate is useless. Be gone.

by Anonymousreply 409February 10, 2022 11:01 PM

Vlad mentioning his new wife every day is akin to a cat that sticks it's head under the bed: It thinks because it can't see you that you can't see it. Surprise...

by Anonymousreply 410February 11, 2022 11:55 AM

Nate isn't even hot. He wore shorts with a suit top doing some pre Super Bowl coverage. Ugh. I can't take him. CBS has pleasant, talented people to fill the space they would create by dumping Nate and Gayle. Tony needs to wear tighter shirts and subtly flex those sexy pecs and muscles of his while on camera.

by Anonymousreply 411February 11, 2022 2:23 PM

Vlad is married to a woman???? Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 412February 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Didn't Vlad get married like two years ago? She's hardly new.

by Anonymousreply 413February 12, 2022 3:29 PM

^ Well she might not be "new" but you would never know it because Vlad has to remind us that he is a MARRIED heterosexualist every chance he gets. I can't even hate-watch this shit anymore. I'm over at Gay Morning America while I get ready for work now.

by Anonymousreply 414February 12, 2022 5:22 PM

Sure Vlad. You’re straight. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 415February 12, 2022 8:15 PM

I thought Vlad got married last summer. To a woman of Asian descent. On Fire Island.

by Anonymousreply 416February 12, 2022 8:23 PM

It's only Robin on Gay Morning America...are there others?

by Anonymousreply 417February 12, 2022 8:28 PM

Tony and Nate seem to be freezing Gayle out. Brocode.

by Anonymousreply 418February 22, 2022 11:49 AM

Is that why Tony was out yesterday and her pet Vlad was at the table?

by Anonymousreply 419February 22, 2022 12:54 PM

You mean teice circumcised Tony?

by Anonymousreply 420March 4, 2022 12:55 PM

Tony's shoulders are very broad and strong looking this morning. Is it the cut of his suit or does he have a hot body? How does he flip his bangs? I can't get my hair to look like Tony's.

by Anonymousreply 421March 4, 2022 2:10 PM

He's got a hot body (although good luck finding many pictures of it) and a CBS hairstylist, R421.

by Anonymousreply 422March 4, 2022 5:26 PM

Tony’s not helping the ratings. Still stuck deep in 3rd place.

by Anonymousreply 423March 4, 2022 11:10 PM

What the show needs is more Gayle King!

by Anonymousreply 424March 4, 2022 11:15 PM

Tony was reporting from Poland this morning near the Ukraine border and hijacking all these poor tired refugees for interviews as they came across.

by Anonymousreply 425March 7, 2022 11:22 PM

"But where are the BLACK refugees??"

by Anonymousreply 426March 8, 2022 3:20 PM

Stay safe Tony! We need you!!

by Anonymousreply 427March 8, 2022 4:48 PM

Tony was still reporting from the Polish/Ukranian border this morning but to be honest it came across more as theater than serious news reporting.

by Anonymousreply 428March 8, 2022 5:30 PM

I'm surprised that they didn't send Vlad

by Anonymousreply 429March 8, 2022 7:23 PM

Vlad’s too busy eating out his wife. lolololololol

by Anonymousreply 430March 8, 2022 7:38 PM

R429, Vlad would never agree to go, he'd be fleeing faster than that other screaming queen, Maks Chmerkovskiy.

by Anonymousreply 431March 8, 2022 7:44 PM

I believe Tony's wife Katy Tur is also in Poland reporting for NBC. Foxhole sexy times!

by Anonymousreply 432March 8, 2022 7:48 PM

R432, Katy was doing her show from the studio today, so I think she's home.

by Anonymousreply 433March 8, 2022 9:47 PM

Vlad is classified as "incendiary," thus, unable to fly commercial.

by Anonymousreply 434March 9, 2022 9:41 AM

Is Tony on vacation prior to replacing Nora on Evening News?

by Anonymousreply 435March 25, 2022 11:24 AM

Vlad the often impaled needs to get off my television.

by Anonymousreply 436March 25, 2022 11:26 AM

It's almost fun now watching Nate try to stumble his way through interviews.

by Anonymousreply 437March 25, 2022 12:53 PM

I've grown to like Nate a lot but he did stumble his first few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 438March 25, 2022 1:09 PM

The show’s Gayle’s concept

I like Tony and Vlad and Ms. Duncan

Nate is . . . trying (very trying)

by Anonymousreply 439March 27, 2022 9:23 AM

I’m just beyond shocked that Vlad is married………..to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 440March 28, 2022 12:35 PM

An Asian woman, r440. I'm sure she knows her place and enjoys her position, like Mrs. Cole Porter. They were married on Fire Island last summer and I bet he took a long private walk down the beach afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 441March 28, 2022 12:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!