Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fascinating New Time Magazine Article On Michael Fanone

Fanone drifted in and out of consciousness as Albright drove to the emergency room. The security guard at the entrance told them they couldn’t go in without masks on. Albright pushed the guard aside, dragging his partner by the shoulders. At the intake counter, as a staffer was asking for his insurance information, Fanone collapsed on the floor.

The ER was jammed with a motley array of injured cops and rioters and COVID-19 patients. On the stretcher next to Fanone’s lay a rioter whose cheeks had been pierced by a rubber bullet at close range: it had gone in one side of his face and out the other. The doctors asked Fanone if he’d ever had heart problems, because his body was flooded with troponin, a chemical indicating cardiac distress. He’d had a heart attack, they told him.

From his hospital bed, he watched the news. On CNN, someone was questioning whether the police had used sufficient force to repel the rioters, asking why they hadn’t arrested more people on the scene. Outraged, Fanone looked up CNN, called the number that came up on his phone and told the woman who answered that Mike Fanone with the metropolitan police department needed to talk right away to that jerk on the air who was insulting the good name of every police officer.

“Sir,” she said, “this is the front desk.”

He burned to set the record straight, and he soon got his chance. A photo went viral in the days after the riot: Fanone in his helmet and tactical vest, face distorted in a furious battle grimace, the lone cop in a sea of rioters, Thin Blue Line flag waving ironically over his head. His ex-wife, the mother of his three youngest daughters, proudly posted his name on social media, and suddenly everyone seemed to have his number.

(Fanone turned down a request to pose nude in Playgirl.)

Fanone had questions about the investigation into the assault he suffered. MPD detective Yari Babich had been assigned to the case, but Fanone learned Babich had posted a bunch of nasty comments on social media about Fanone’s media tour—calling him an egomaniac, a celebrity wannabe, unprofessional, a buffoon. Fanone complained to the department but says he was told Babich was entitled to his opinion. (In response to a detailed list of written questions, the MPD declined to comment on this or other aspects of this story. TIME was unable to immediately reach Babich for comment.) He kept complaining, and eventually Babich was taken off the case, according to law-enforcement officials familiar with the matter. But cops gossip like hens, and Fanone knew that if one guy was talking this way he probably wasn’t the only one.

He was a good cop—one of the best. Fanone was born in the District and raised in Alexandria, Va., his father a lawyer, his mother a social worker. They divorced when he was 8. His dad was a partner at a big firm, but Fanone hated the stuffy status-grubbing of fancy-pants D.C. He spent his free time with his mother’s working-class family in rural Maryland, boating, fishing, crabbing, hunting and watching John Wayne movies. “Michael was a cowboy from the time he was 3 years old,” says his mother Terry Fanone.

Attempts to smuggle the self-styled backwoods boy into the professional class were unsuccessful. He spent a year at Georgetown Prep, the private school whose alumni include two U.S. Supreme Court Justices, but was asked not to return. When his parents sent him to boarding school in Maine instead, he saved his pocket money and bought a bus ticket back home. After his parents kicked him out, he got a job working construction and eventually completed his high-school diploma at Ballou, a nearly all-Black public school in southeast D.C. ...

At some point in his 30s, Fanone realized there was more to life than the job. His mentor, someone he thought of as a living legend, retired, and there were no parades—the department just carried on without him. Fanone stopped volunteering for overtime and re-established contact with the teenage daughter he barely knew. He got married, had three more daughters, got divorced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2022 4:53 PM

On June 15, the House finally passed legislation awarding gold medals to the Capitol Police and MPD for their valor on Jan. 6. Twenty-one Republicans voted against it, including Clyde. Fanone decided to pay each of them a visit. He and Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn, a 6-ft. 7-in. Black man who’d spent Jan. 6 herding rioters on an interior staircase as they hurled racial slurs, went to each of the 21 lawmakers’ offices, politely requesting to schedule appointments. But the only one they met that day was Clyde.

Fanone spotted him getting into an elevator, and he and Dunn followed Clyde in. “How are you doing, Congressman?” Fanone said as the doors closed, putting out his hand.

Clyde shrank away. “You’re not going to shake my hand?” Fanone said.

“I don’t know who you are,” Clyde said.

“I apologize,” Fanone said, and launched, for the umpteenth time, into his practiced spiel. “My name is Michael Fanone. I’m a D.C. metropolitan police officer who fought on Jan. 6 to defend the Capitol, and as a result I was significantly injured. I sustained a heart attack and a traumatic brain injury after being tased numerous times at the base of my skull, as well as being severely beaten.”

Clyde turned away and started fumbling with his phone. The elevator doors opened, and he bolted. (Clyde later issued a statement acknowledging the elevator encounter but said he did “not recall [Fanone’s] offering to shake hands.”)

Fanone called his new friend Eric Swalwell, a Democratic Representative from California, and told him what had just happened.

“What do you want me to do?” Swalwell asked.

“Tweet it, motherf-cker!” said Fanone, who eschews social media.

Swalwell and another friend, Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger, both tweeted about the incident. Fanone went on television and called Clyde a “coward.” The story was all over the news. He had fought back against the lies with the force of his truth, and for a moment, he believed he had won.

Healed from his physical injuries but still on mental-health leave, Fanone now spends most days alone. He goes to the gym, takes care of his daughters part time, fields media calls. He probably can’t go back to undercover work, and he wonders if he’d be safe going back on the job at all. Colleagues he’s known for decades don’t talk to him anymore. Guys who never called to check in when he was in the hospital send him taunting memes about his liberal-darling status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2021 2:38 PM

OMG -He turned down a Playgirl spread! DL can't decide on fury or deep mourning...

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2021 2:56 PM

I, too, am saddened by his modesty.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2021 3:22 PM

"What if I had not gone through that? I’d be the same dumbass that I was on Jan. 5. Not evil in my motivations. But ignorant to the truth.”

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2021 4:10 PM

Time gives the cover to a crisis actor? Hehe. I kid, I kid.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2021 4:17 PM

Except it's not funny at all r5. Qanon and its disinformation campaign is breaking this country apart.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2021 4:47 PM

From R1's quoted text, re: "Guys who never called to check in when he was in the hospital send him taunting memes about his liberal-darling status."

Trump trash with their moronic airbrushed memes, ugh. I mean, I've seen how badly they spell and their lack of punctuation, if left on their own but still. Put the crayons away and go for a walk or something!

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2021 4:56 PM

Yeah - so this is the bullshit they're dealing with. Guys on the Capitol Police Force are abusing the victims of Jan 6th.

This is one of the reasons why 4 have committed suicide.

He needs to publish all of these messages and who they came from. Shame works.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]He needs to publish all of these messages and who they came from. Shame works.

Have you been asleep for the past 20 years? There is no such thing as "shame" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2021 5:14 PM

I can't imagine the stupidity and hatefulness that you'd need to be eaten up by, to have gone through what they did on 6 January and to know what your fellow officers went through...and still support Republicans and Trump with how they are be treating by them.

It doesn't take much for me to peace the fuck out, though. If someone doesn't want me, then "Bye, bitch!". The MAGA attack, the official Republican response, FOX News' messaging, Trump's encouragement of the entire thing is about as blatant a message as you can possibly get! WTF is the matter with some of these people?

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Divorced twice with six daughters, he must be paying almost his entire salary in support payments.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2021 5:23 PM

R11 - I saw one previous daughter who was a teenager and one marriage, three other daughters, and one divorce.

Did I misread something?

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2021 5:27 PM

I know he's hot, but isn't this guy a little TOO comfortable with all the attention and photos and such? Is he, perhaps famewhoring a bit too much? If he were that traumatized, like the other men, would he be all over the place like he is? The others are quiet and even killing themselves. This guy seems to be loving it all.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2021 5:29 PM

I'm sorry that I was so harsh towards the officers in R10. I apologize. I just do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2021 5:29 PM

I posted this on another thread, but I hope he gets another FT job handling private security; unfortunately, his days with the CP are done. Like people who testified at the impeachment, it's sad to people who just tried to do the right thing have their lives destroyed, but that appears to be the world we live in now.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2021 5:30 PM

I don’t give a damn if he’s fame-whoring or too comfortable with the media. He’s the only cop saying anything negative about that disgraceful act. Plenty of MAGAts are patting themselves on the back and spreading the idiocy. That is a really ignorant comment.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2021 5:39 PM

R12

From R1 just before the first .... "His ex-wife, the mother of his three youngest daughters,"

From R1 just before the link "He got married, had three more daughters, got divorced. "

That might be talking about the same three daughter, but I took it as 6 daughters. Even if it is four daughters that is still a lot of child support.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]Yeah - so this is the bullshit they're dealing with. Guys on the Capitol Police Force are abusing the victims of Jan 6th.

Completely disgusting that he should be treated like that, and hung out as a target. How could anyone begrudge him trying to make his case through the media? No one else is lining up to support him.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2021 6:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]On June 15, the House finally passed legislation awarding gold medals to the Capitol Police and MPD for their valor on Jan. 6. [bold]Twenty-one Republicans voted against it, including Clyde[/bold].

That's really all you need to know to assess the moral character of these gutless pieces of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2021 10:34 PM

Fanone should start an Onlyfans account. Lots of admiring gays would subscribe.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2021 10:38 PM

Wait. Playgirl is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2021 10:42 PM

Yeah, fuck Playgirl. He needs to go the Only Fans route. That'll help pay for those six kids.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2021 10:43 PM

Mick Fanone is still looking dead in those eyes of his. I hope he gets to see ALL those 'Seditious' bastards end up in Prison.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2021 10:57 PM

I figured that he was probably some sort of hot mess--all that time undercover. His backstory is wackier than I expected. he probably ha]as no future with the MPD and, at best, should stick out a desk job until he can get a decent retirement and figure out what to do next. His wife makes a good living, he probably isn't as underwater as the average divorced cop.

The take home on 1/6 for cops was that fascists are not your friends and suspect a lot of them still don't get it. I'm sure they resent his celebrity.

Even with the silly tattoos, he's very good looking in a way that most of use who grew-up with Italian Americans know and love. I'm sure he's a handful.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Call me old fashioned but Im just not comfortable with a hot man like this crying about ptsd and what not. I get that hes feeling it,but part of me (being raised in a much different era) is still uncomfortable with men being emotional. At least in public.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2021 2:58 AM

^ oh dear

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2021 3:03 AM

R26: I hope you're being ironic. This has been going on for decades, since at least the heyday of Alan Alda. And the strong, silent types are usually the biggest phonies--John Wayne was draft dodger.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2021 3:04 AM

^correct

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2021 3:05 AM

R26 - Please tell us how many times you've lost consciousness while being dragged down a flight of steps by a mob of fellow LE brethren who stripped your badge, your weapon, and threatened to fucking COSH YOU TO DEATH?

R26 sociopathic CRIMINAL posing as whoever is his next criminal meal. The GOP is only willing to oblige its smaller dumbfuck criminals as the higher ups, the goddamn "Fraternal Orders" shit on regular or moral cops. It's a story as long as time.

by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2021 3:06 AM

This was a really good piece. I'm sure he's far from perfect, but his actions on 1/6 and after are incredibly admirable. And if it's fame-whoring it's the kind of fame-whoring I have no problem with. He felt like he had no choice but to speak up, that for various shitty political reasons nobody - the police unions, politicians, etc - really had the backs of the officers who actually bothered to show up to defend the capitol.

[quote]There was an FOP meeting on July 14, and Fanone and Dunn decided to attend. Fanone arrived with specific demands. He wanted a public condemnation of the 21 Republican lawmakers who’d voted against the gold medals. He wanted Clyde and Gosar condemned specifically, and he wanted the officer who shot Babbitt defended as forcefully as the FOP had defended officers who shot Black citizens in the past. Fanone addressed the FOP’s national president, Patrick Yoes, an ardent Trump supporter. “You are doing a disservice to your membership by not speaking the truth of that day,” Fanone said. “You have an opportunity to educate Americans—not just police officers but Americans—about what actually happened, and you’re not doing it.”

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2021 3:18 AM

FOUR kids.

Had a daughter, married, had three more daughters, divorced.

1+3 =4

If you weren't Russian you would comprehend that!

by Anonymousreply 32August 6, 2021 4:14 AM

The January 6 insurrection has revealed the GOP as fascist-wannabes (without the talent, drive or skills... typical for the GOP) and Fanone is right in calling out the Capitol Police's and in particular the FOP's lack of morals, leadership and integrity. After decades of watching the GOP pray at the altar of respecting the police, it's obvious that "backing the blue" is just another slogan designed to cover up the real intent, which is only having their backs when they're beating on Blacks and browns.

On the other hand, we shouldn't be surprised. The police are a creation of slavers who needed angry white men to enforce their authority, and not much has changed in that regard. I can't imagine why anyone would join or want to join the police department unless that was their motivation.

It's clear, we've all been duped. Whenever another incident of police brutality that comes to light, the FOP always go back to that old canard of it only being a few bad apples. The rise of Trump's MAGAtry culminating in January 6 showed us that is a lie. They're all bad apples, and the rarity is the few good apples stepping up to do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2021 2:39 PM

Speaker Pelosi appoints NeverTrumper/former GOP Representative Denver Riggleman as a staff member on the January 6 Commission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] And the truth is this: Republicans and conservatives who howl about “law and order” never meant it as a statement of universal principle. It was “law and order” for the Black and the Brown. The other. Get in the way of the straight, White, cisgender male’s (and female’s) divine right to riot and to act a fool, to push the prerogatives of an aggrieved and shrinking White majority or to overthrow the government and the message appears to be: “You get what’s coming to you.”

[quote] Officer Fanone and the other men and women who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6 deserve so much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2021 12:35 PM

Republicans don't respect anyone outside the tribe. You can be the post patriotic, flag-waving, pickup-driving, gun-toting shitkicker on earth but if you deviate one inch from the Revealed Truth as put down by the pudgy con artist from Queens, you're a fucking traitor and they'll all turn on you.

Same thing holds for the Nazis on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2021 1:18 PM

The word is "intention".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]OMG -He turned down a Playgirl spread! DL can't decide on fury or deep mourning...

Mike, if you're reading this, don't do it for yourself. Do it for your country.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2021 4:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2021 5:57 PM

The right wing grift machine will chew up literally anyone who peeps a word of protest.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2021 6:02 PM

The "law and order" "president"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2021 7:25 PM

I see Fanone having a public and excruciating evolution of thought about Trump and the GOP candidates he's likely supported his entire life like 90% of all cops.

I'm waiting for him to express the predictable "both sides have disappointed me and the police" nonsense, at which point I will leave him to the typical GOP scum to deal with. These types can be brought to the brink of death and still snarl at Dems who go overboard trying to help them, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2021 9:06 PM

Oh sure. "Why didn't Pelosi singlehandedly stop a huge mob that Trump whipped up and everyone in the Republican party egged on?"

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2021 9:25 PM

Officer Jeff Smith’s widow has been trying to figure out what happened to him on Jan. 6 for months.

In the last 24 hours, #SeditionHunters found the assault on Smith and IDed one of the rioters. A lawsuit has already been filed.

[quote] They zeroed in on a man who came face-to-face with Jeffrey Smith just before the officer collapsed in the middle of a scrum. A facial recognition search turned up a hit for the man, who was wearing a padded motorcycle jacket. It was David Walls-Kaufman, who sleuths later discovered helpfully wore the same unique jacket in a video he posted to his own YouTube page.

[quote] “We felt we had to do something to honor the memory and family of Officer Smith. It’s terrible that the bereaved were left in that situation,” Forrest Rogers of Deep State Dogs told HuffPost. “So we turned to the thing we do best: finding bad guys.”

[quote] Walls-Kaufman’s potential criminal troubles are still on the horizon, but his legal troubles have already begun. Less than 24 hours after the ID, Weber filed a lawsuit against Walls-Kaufman on behalf of Smith’s estate. He spent Thursday evening going over the high-quality video frame by frame with the help of his YouTube-savvy 17-year-old son, and Friday morning he obtained an opinion from Jonathan L. Arden, D.C.’s former medical examiner, concluding that Jeffrey Smith had “post-concussion syndrome” because he lost consciousness after being struck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2021 1:37 AM

Trump taught so many people his media tactics. Just bullshit bullshit bullshit and also make non-stop distractions.

The Republicans in Congress belong on those hangman's scaffolds now, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] A group this large defies generalization. The defendants are predominantly white and male, though there were exceptions. Federal prosecutors say a former member of the Latin Kings gang joined the mob, as did two Virginia police officers. A man in a "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirt allegedly took part, as did a Messianic Rabbi, and a Christian pastor. Far-right militia members decked out in tactical gear allegedly rioted next to a county commissioner, a New York City sanitation worker, and a two-time Olympic gold medalist.

Jump to our database of individuals charged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2021 10:29 AM

[quote]a two-time Olympic gold medalist

I missed this. Turns out it was swimmer Klete Keller and the moron was wearing a USA Olympic jacket while storming the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Still fretting over Jan 6th. huh? 🙄 A bunch of yahoos rushing the Capitol...LOL

When are we going to start punishing all the rioters from last summer? Crickets, correct?

Fuck you and your feigned OUTRAGE!

Keep it up and those who support the Jan 6th asshole will make it a de facto holiday, which will be ANOTHER thing for you weak minded, hypocritical assholes to fret about.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2021 11:18 AM

Now, that's a man. Not the type I would date as I prefer fem guys but he exudes manliness.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2021 12:01 PM

I thought he came off as kind of an idiot. He loved working as a low-level narc even though everyone knows the war on drugs is bullshit. That should tell you what kind of simple follower he is. Add in all that stuff about voting for Trump but not realizing what a cunt Trump is until he was personally getting his face kicked in. Just a dim bulb. I don't blame the DC cops for not wanting to be represented by him.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2021 12:18 PM

R48 is a troll and not even a very good troll but his attitude is basically "don't arrest white people for doing things! Don't be stupid! We only arrest black people in this country!"

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2021 12:54 PM

I think R50 comes off as an idiot. He loves being a low-level troll even though the 1/6 riot was indefensible. That should tell you what kind of shitty troll he is. Add in all that stuff where he pretends to hate Trump and he's just a dim bulb. I don't blame the other gays for never fucking him.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2021 12:56 PM

R51 Ok Fredo, continue to suck face with your bro. and pretend seniors aren't being murdered by him.

Once again, are you bringing the same heat for all the 2020 thugs that burned down large swaths of American cities? No? Then fuck you, your hypocrisy and your fake outrage.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Who's Fredo? Who's my bro? See, the problem with you Q lunatics is that when you talk to normal people, you sound like aliens.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2021 1:27 PM

What swath of New York got burned down? What swath of Chicago? LA? DC? Dallas? Miami? B

*Large swaths burned down? What the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2021 2:02 PM

R55: Wingnuts ike talking as if this is 1968 and they, of course, don't know much about 1968.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Please cite "large swaths" of these other American cities that were burned. Links, not you saying it happened or airbrushed memes.

Thanks in advance, R54. I hate missing major news so I'm looking forward to your response!

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2021 2:38 PM

This guy is a lifelong Republican and voted for Trump in 2016. Unfortunately he’s now getting a hard lesson in the reality of what he supported and voted for. Apparently he was under the delusion that Trump and Congressional Republicans give a shit about anyone other than themselves.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2021 2:41 PM

At least this hot piece is being vocal and public about the lesson he learned, R58. He has a better chance of waking the Trumper zombies up than most. Plus, he is outing the Congressional Republicans for the hypocritical shitbags they are.

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2021 2:45 PM

No, he knew who trump was for. He just never imagined that being a white cop would place him in a Republican out group. And yet here we are.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2021 7:49 PM

r52 Someone failed the reading comprehension portion of the SAT. I never said anything in support of Trump or 1/6. I said the guy came off as an idiot and I can understand not wanting to be represented by him. If you read the Time article without picking up on his idiocy then perhaps you are an idiot too. Think instead of reacting.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2021 10:30 PM

extra example of that cop being a dumb piece of shit: Thinking that everyone attacking cop cars after George Floyd was part of "antifa". That was some Grade-A retardation or he was trying to misinform.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2021 10:34 PM

Any sane person in America already knew law enforcement in this country is garbage! And also knew Republicans never cared about them as long as they were in the corner of Republicans and supported and voted for them.

As the late great James Baldwin said, A bill is coming due. And it's going to get paid in full.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2021 1:00 AM

So how long before fanone starts getting paid to make nation wide appearances at gay night clubs?

I can see him collecting $10K & $15K per appearance. I bet he'd show up too.

He'd clean up well, and I bet he'd break his fellow officers off something for what they went through too. They could all get together and write a book and it would sell like crazy. Just so they wouldn't have to work as law enforcement anymore. Liberals would eat that up.

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2021 1:05 AM

Magic Mike?

by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote]Once again, are you bringing the same heat for all the 2020 thugs that burned down large swaths of American cities? No?

I take it this fool has never been to an American city?

Still hunting for large burnt swaths here in NYC, but I'll jump back in when I find one!

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2021 2:41 AM

I think it's a clue to his crazy that he recasts "being mean on the internet" as "bringing the same heat"

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2021 1:01 PM

Did the voices in your head tell you that "large swaths" of the United had been burnt, R53? Did you see it on Facebook "news"? Was it in meme form?

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2021 1:43 PM

What you're waiting for is for him to find a new lie to pivot to. Something like "Ok so maybe large SWATHS weren't burned PROFESSOR!!! But that doesn't mean that Obama and JFK Jr didn't eat babies at this party" or something.

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2021 2:05 PM

Could be he's just trying to figure out how to post his collection of airbrushed memes to show us his "proof", R69. Imagur must be a bitch to suss out with all of those folks yelling in his head and the My Pillow guy's greatest hits playing at max volume in the background.

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2021 2:31 PM

This was a set up from the beginning, folks. The 👮‍♀️ cops opened the door and posed for smiling selfies with the protestors. They had the orders to let them in.

Do you sheep really believe that a crowd got past the capital police to force themselves into the building? Nope. They never would have even gotten in if the officers hadn’t been ordered to let them in.

Who gave those orders and WHY?

Despite all of the photographic evidence of the officers willingly letting them in, it’s been confirmed by several people that were there.

Wake up, sheep!

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2021 2:54 PM

Also predictable that this crisis actor appears and plays the race card after the four suspicious “suicides” that happened in quick succession before they spilled the beans on what happened.

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2021 2:56 PM

The whole concentration on "WHO GAVE THE ORDERS???" is sort of beside the point.

The whole reason the mob was there was because of a months long campaign of lies orchestrated by the president and his allies in plain sight, capstoned by a rally conducted by the president on TV where he encouraged his followers to storm the capitol and stop the processes of democracy by force.

Staffing levels at the Capitol are incidental.

by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote] Do you sheep really believe that a crowd got past the capital police to force themselves into the building? Nope.

Well, I almost did but apparently the dude who shot me wasn’t “in on it” and didn’t let me waltz right in.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2021 3:26 PM

He’s so fucking hot. I’m a top, but one word from him and I’d be on my back, legs in the air, greased and ready.

by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2021 3:30 PM

Epstein didn’t kill himself and neither did the four officers. F

by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2021 5:04 PM

He is HOT. But I am truly concerned for his safety. He is now a marked man — and he doesn’t seem like he’s going to stop making noise. He is clearly trying to do the right thing, but if he is just recently “woke” to Trumpism, he may not fully understand just how evil they really, really are. They will try to stop him and take him out because he’s an incredible advocate for our cause. And I’m even more worried for him because he is a cop — I work in a jail with inmates, the majority of cops are garbage. Fanone doesn’t seem to understand yet that they don’t allow for different viewpoints and that they will crush him for “going against” the Blues.

by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2021 5:14 PM

R77, He stuck to the CIA approved story. He’ll be fine. He won’t be epsteine’d

by Anonymousreply 78August 15, 2021 5:24 PM

It's so funny that a certain species of internet kook has to think that there's some CHESSMASTER behind everything.

Maybe some things (most thing) just are what they seem to be.

Trump is an idiot. The 1/6 riots were just that. Epstein killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 79August 15, 2021 7:20 PM

R78, who knows? How much our intelligence agencies were involved won’t be known for decades, if ever. My feeling is that all of it is true, meaning that someone ordered or “suggested” to police to let them enter the grounds, that multiple Congressional staffers assisted, and that Trump and his stooges were full aware of everything too.

by Anonymousreply 80August 15, 2021 7:28 PM

It's so funny that the Afghanistan threads are all about the incompetence of the CIA and the 1/6 threads are all about the omnipotence of the CIA.

by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2021 7:36 PM

New statement about Ashli:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Jake Sherman is a GQP bullhorn.

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2021 5:54 PM

The same people who insisted that Eric Garner would be alive if he simply listened to orders from the cop are screaming for the blood of the guy who shot Ashley (and yes, fuck her stupid stripper-name-spelling).

by Anonymousreply 84August 23, 2021 6:00 PM

Podcast discussion today with NeverTrumper author of "Anonymous", Miles Taylor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 26, 2021 3:41 PM

Lt. Michael Byrd said he opened fire only as a “last resort” after the rioters failed to comply with his commands.

[quote] He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.

[quote] What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

[quote] Babbitt, 35, an Air Force veteran and ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, fell to the ground and later died from her injuries.

[quote] Her death later became a rallying cry for the far right, which described Babbitt as a martyr. Trump himself declared that she was murdered and suggested, falsely, that the officer who shot her worked for a high-ranking Democrat.

[quote] For Byrd, who is Black, the incident turned his life upside down. He has been in hiding for months after receiving a flood of death threats and racist attacks that started when his name leaked onto right-wing websites.

[quote] But in his interview with Holt, Byrd said he has no doubt that he made the right decision in light of the circumstances.

[quote] “I know that day I saved countless lives,” Byrd said. “I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that’s my job.”

[quote] Byrd said he had no idea if the person he shot was carrying a weapon. It was only later that night that he found out the rioter was a woman who was unarmed.

[quote] Asked why he pulled the trigger, Byrd said it was a “last resort.”

[quote] “I tried to wait as long as I could,” he told Holt. “I hoped and prayed no one tried to enter through those doors. But their failure to comply required me to take the appropriate action to save the lives of members of Congress and myself and my fellow officers.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 26, 2021 10:51 PM

I want to suck Michael Fanone’s cock.

by Anonymousreply 87August 26, 2021 11:01 PM

The Q ppl are quiet. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2021 11:45 AM

Ashli Babbit was only shot in the shoulder? How did she die from that? I thought she was shot in the throat.

However it happened, I’m glad. She needed to be put down. Treasonous cùnt.

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2021 2:09 PM

Who said she was shot in the shoulder?

She was shot in the neck.

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2021 2:52 PM

R90 -

From R86’s post:

[QUOTE] What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Ah, ok, thanks, r91. I saw the interview and don’t remember that being said at all.

Anyway, he got her in the jugular. One shot, one kill. Hopefully he’ll get a medal for that.

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2021 6:31 PM

Line forms behind me, R87.

by Anonymousreply 93August 27, 2021 7:05 PM

He scared the fuck out of me when he hollered “…is a DISGRACE” and banged on the table at the hearing.

That man has some passion.

by Anonymousreply 94August 27, 2021 7:08 PM

“I just came up to the steps again, and I saw them pulling him out, and I tased him,” Rodriguez said of the tug-of-war that left the D.C. officer (who, mind you, voted for Trump himself) fearing for his life.

Fanone was “dragged down the Capitol’s marble stairs, beaten with pipes and poles, tear-gassed and stun-gunned,” Time reported. He pleaded for his life when the crowd “threatened to shoot him with his own gun, telling the rioters he had kids.”

The officer suffered a mild heart attack allegedly triggered by Rodriguez’s stun gun, the Washington Post reported. He was knocked unconscious but survived to testify before Congress.

[...]

FBI TRANSCRIPT:

Q. The disparity is in between your story and what happened to Officer Fanone and what’s on video. I can show you the video of you tasering him twice.

A. It was not twice.

Q. I’ll show it to you in just a minute.

A. Show it to me, please.

Q. I will. But the disparity between what you’re saying happened, describing, oh, I’m such a benevolent man coming up to a poor officer who’s struggling to keep — to survive, thinking he’s going to die. Let me help him out. Let me taser him. Is that really the story you want to be written about you? Is that in all of my benevolence, I decided I was going to taser this man who is struggling for his life in that moment and thinking he’s going to die. Four daughters.

A. No. I wasn’t trying to kill him. I didn’t want him to die.

Q. Then, tell us what happened. Don’t leave the story be this crappy story that you’re telling us right now, that you were just there to help him and taser him.

A. No, I wasn’t — I was —

Q. Danny.

A. I’m not smart.

Q. Think about your mom.

A. No. I’m just not smart. I’m not lying to you guys. I’m not lying (indiscernible).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Team White Cops who GET IT…

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote] Fanone, who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 but did not support his reelection bid, spent months after the Jan. 6 riot repeatedly warning about threats to democracy, often alongside CNN anchor Don Lemon. But his public appearances did not sit well with some fellow officers, who, according to Fanone, derided him in private Internet chat forums for police.

[quote] “Clearly there are some members of our department who feel their oath is to Donald Trump and not to the Constitution,” Fanone said Monday. He said there are just two current D.C. police officers he still counts as friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 20, 2021 9:30 PM

B U M P so DeFugToad can read all about it!

by Anonymousreply 98December 20, 2021 9:40 PM

R96, we need to be honest: white cop who was nearly killed by his allies before he got it.

by Anonymousreply 99December 20, 2021 10:25 PM

If he gets an OnlyFans account I hope he invites his new friends Swallwell and Kinzinger on for a threeway side-by-side wank

by Anonymousreply 100December 20, 2021 10:44 PM

Appreciation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 20, 2021 10:46 PM

r101

by Anonymousreply 102December 20, 2021 11:45 PM

Interesting career trajectory:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 21, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]Epstein didn’t kill himself and neither did the four officers.

Maybe not Epstein, but the cops did kill themselves.

These cops were super-traumatized, boneheaded Trump voters who believed their whole lives that ONLY Republicans were "Law and Order", and "Backed the Blue", then after they were physically attacked, beaten and maimed by their fellow Trumpanzees their barely working shitty cop brains completely short-circuited. They were forced to face the fact that only fellow GOP Trump voters were the ones trying to overthrow the government and kill them!

They suffered psychic breaks and post traumatic stress trying to square how they'd been fooled their whole lives! The stress caused them to blow their brains out. Dumb cops are easily traumatized, especially the white ones. This was too much for them.

by Anonymousreply 104December 21, 2021 3:55 AM

BDF.

by Anonymousreply 105December 21, 2021 5:20 AM

r105

by Anonymousreply 106December 21, 2021 1:14 PM

Capitol Rioter Pleads Guilty To Assaulting DC Officer Michael Fanone, Will Face Up To Eight Years In Prison

[quote] A plea agreement hearing for an Iowa man who attacked a member of law enforcement during the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol Complex went by without controversy on Thursday afternoon.

[quote] Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone was beaten, tased, and had his gear stolen by several MAGA adherents that day.

[quote] Kyle James Young, 38, admitted to being one of the people who took part in at least some aspects of that attack on the officer during his hearing in D.C. before U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson, a Barack Obama appointee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 6, 2022 12:34 PM

He has a delicious package.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 14, 2022 10:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 27, 2022 5:56 PM

[quote] A Donald Trump fan who brought his teenage son along as he assaulted then-D.C. police officer Mike Fanone and another officer at the Capitol on Jan. 6 was sentenced to more than seven years in prison on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 27, 2022 7:32 PM

Phone call tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 28, 2022 1:36 AM

Now that is one hot cop with big dick and balls face.

Bet the ex misses that….

by Anonymousreply 112September 28, 2022 2:09 AM

“I talk like a fucking redneck, I wear camo-colored Crocs, I like guns, I go hunting, I fucking drink beer from a can — I’m kind of a caricature of a Trump-supporting hillbilly.”

[quote] MICHAEL FANONE DOES not live in a shithole. He lives in a tidy one-bedroom apartment in Alexandria, Virginia, with a sort of modern, manly vibe: Ducks Unlimited and Turkey Call are splayed with precision across a large, wooden coffee table, a splatter target (with many, many accurate gunshot holes) is affixed to the sleek stainless-steel fridge, and while, yes, Fanone does use lawn chairs as living-room furniture, they’re Yeti, so, “fucking name-brand.” “He’s the worst fucking guard dog,” Fanone says with great affection as Buddy, his handsome Treeing Walker Coonhound, saunters lazily into the open-plan room, nuzzles his owner, and then retires to one of his three beds. A guard dog wouldn’t hurt. When Fanone moved in this past January — relocating from his mom’s house, where he’d been staying since a breakup — he saw that a neighbor had changed their Wi-Fi name to “Mikefanoneisabitch.” He posted a sign on his door: “Knock and find out how much of a bitch Mike Fanone is.” No one ever did.

[...]

[quote] These days, his life seems parceled out in chunks that are mostly mind-numbingly boring or pretty fucking surreal. Pelosi still calls occasionally to check in (“You don’t have to agree with Nancy’s policies, but you can recognize a statesman when you fucking see one”). Sean Penn has had him out to spend a week here and there at his house in Malibu. Joan Baez invited him to accompany her to an awards ceremony at the Kennedy Center, where he met one of his favorite musicians, Sturgill Simpson, who’ll text him from time to time. He and Swalwell frequently meet up for beers.

[quote] But Fanone knows that a lot of people see him as an avatar for something he isn’t, either exotocizing his redneck, blue-collar bona fides or lumping him in with some liberal agenda that he doesn’t share. “Anyone who says he’s doing the bidding of Democrats?” asks Swalwell, incredulous. “He jams me up all the time about shit he doesn’t like that Democrats are doing. He’ll call me, he’ll text me, he’ll say, ‘This is dumb. Why are you guys doing this?’ He has no political dog in this fight at all.” If Fanone has made the rounds of liberal media, it’s only because, he says, conservative outlets won’t have him. “I tried for months to get onto Fox News,” Fanone states. “I had a Republican staffer give me the names of a bunch of bookers, and I emailed them, I fucking called, and one, only one, had the wherewithal to return my call and say, ‘Hey, listen, we would love to have you on Dana Perino, but you’re fucking banned from this network.’” (A representative from Fox denied this claim.)

[quote] Fanone hasn’t exactly found a home at CNN, either. After Don Lemon finagled to get him a commentator job — making slightly more than he’d been making as a cop (though it comes out to slightly less once he pays for health insurance out of pocket) — he “couldn’t sign that [contract] fucking fast enough.” Now, he finds himself waiting for the phone to ring or sitting in a green room “full of convicted felons and Trump expatriates who are doing their ‘Rejuvenation of My Reputation’ tour.” Or, infrequently, on air, where having to watch his language makes him feel slightly muzzled and slow on the draw. One claim to fame, as he sees it, is convincing the network that “bullshit” could be said live, a habit that was soon picked up by pundits and other commentators. “Though I did get in a lot of trouble for saying I thought history was going to shit on Mike Pence’s head,” he says, grinning slightly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 2, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote] So one morning he picked me up in his 4Runner, gun locker resting on the floor of the cab and Simpson wafting out of the speakers, and we headed across the shining Chesapeake Bay to meet his girls, to spend a day together at the beach. We stopped at a Dunkin’ Donuts (“I drink the coffee because it’s the greatest coffee, but I don’t eat doughnuts because of the whole cops-eating-doughnuts thing”). We talked about the shitty state of policing (“We’re training officers the same way we did 20 years ago and holding them to a new, higher standard; we’re setting them up for failure”). We talked about the shitty state of the world and how few politicians are really equipped to deal with that (“I’m sorry, dude. I love Jamie Raskin — he’s a really nice guy — but he is not designed for what lies ahead, and nor are the other super-intellectual types”).

[...]

[quote] Things are what they are, so Fanone might as well make the most of them. And actually, by the time he’s emptying a Sapporo at a noodle house in town — where a well-heeled couple would later clutch his hand and say “We appreciate you” — he’s talking up the benefits of being a troll for democracy, of how, actually, it suits his personality to be both on the side of righteousness and also kind of a punk. “It’s like, listen, dude, do I suffer deeply? There are moments where I fight back an immense amount of emotion. And I think overall, I’m still suffering,” he says, leaning back in his chair. “But are there times where I am riding a huge adrenaline high? Abso-fucking-lutely. I didn’t realize what was happening when I said Josh Hawley was a bitch. I just gave my honest assessment, and then it went fucking super viral. And did that make my day? Made my fucking week — watching a grown-ass man, a U.S. senator, have to say ‘No comment’ when somebody asked him, ‘Michael Fanone called you a bitch, do you have a comment?’”

[quote] If this is his legacy, being the profane, pugnacious thorn in the side of political assholes and cowards, maybe it’s a fitting one, he reasons — for the man and the moment. “There’s a part of me that just lives for the feud,” Fanone says. “Maybe it’s just how my brain is wired, but when it comes to this, I’m at ease when I’m sitting, waiting, watching for an opportunity to poke my head up and call somebody a bitch.” Maybe this is the legacy that fits the absurdity of now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Love him!

by Anonymousreply 115October 2, 2022 9:54 PM

[quote] the chapter is titled "An Army of Morons."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 6, 2022 3:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 6, 2022 3:52 AM

A police officer who kills a Black child gets more vocal and financial support from the PD, the police union, Republicans and other so-called patriots than a guy who nearly died trying to quell an insurrection.

All I can say about Fanone is that he worked alongside these guys long enough to know the culture. Racist maladjusted thugs are, at heart, just maladjusted thugs. He'll do better in his next act as a media personality.

by Anonymousreply 118October 6, 2022 3:56 AM

Lindz and Kevin McCarthy trying to make nice and hoping Fanone would be on their side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 10, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote] A Donald Trump fan who brought his teenage son along as he assaulted then-D.C. police officer Mike Fanone and another officer at the Capitol on Jan. 6 was sentenced to more than seven years in prison on Tuesday.

I would have given him an extra 12 months for doing this in front of his son. Maybe the judge did - I don't know what the sentencing guidelines were. But that seems like an aggravating factor to me.

by Anonymousreply 120October 10, 2022 6:30 PM

Lindsay to Fanone: You should have shot them in the head.

LOL! It would have been justified shoots for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 121October 10, 2022 6:35 PM

[quote] Members of the Metropolitan Police Department's Special Operations Division heckled former Officer Mike Fanone at the Congressional Gold Medal ceremony, Fanone tells me.

[quote] “They called me a piece of shit and mockingly called me a great fucking hero while clapping," he said.

[quote] Fanone says they called him a disgrace, said he was not a cop anymore, and said he didn't belong at the ceremony. It happened in the rotunda, he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2022 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!