Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Agere (aka ‘Little’ culture)

Fascinatingly weird subculture. Plushies, pacifiers, playing at being a kid or baby...

Is it always to do with childhood trauma? Or those who had to grow up too fast? Is it a generational fetish, Gen Y/Z put under too much/not enough pressure? Or a replacement for belief in a patriarchal ‘God/Daddy’ who makes it all better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 30, 2021 9:05 PM

No uppies! Want Daddy Jordan!😖😖😖

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Seems like it’s about making up for lost childhood? Or something??

Less intensive pressured and stressful schooling for little kids could only help to prevent this outcome of infantilisation....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2021 1:18 PM

Freaks.

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2021 1:19 PM

R3 yeah, it is a really weird lifestyle. But fascinating.

It’s a growing trend in my niece’s high school, I’m told, so I’m trying to understand where it’s all coming from.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2021 4:19 PM

Is it pronounced ‘ayj-ree’ or ‘ah-geh-ree’?

by Anonymousreply 5October 30, 2021 10:25 AM

15k agere fanfictions on ao3 and counting😮

This is a growing movement..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 30, 2021 9:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!