Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SJP and Chris North on the set of "And just like that"

The most annoying couple in New York history has FINALLY been spotted together as Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth try to bring the ol’ “Carrie and Big” spark back. They do not seem thrilled to see each other, to no one’s surprise who ever saw them together for more than ten minutes.

It’s nice to know that some things remain consistent, we suppose. Like Carrie’s absolutely horrendous history with hats. We remain unsure as to whether SJP’s costuming is supposed to rekindle that old quirky Carrie style or whether it’s parodying it. The dress and shoes are fab, but the hat and bag turn the whole ensemble slightly obnoxious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2021 7:14 PM

They should call him "Mr. Old" now instead of "Mr. Big" if they're still defining people by physical traits.

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote] Like Carrie’s absolutely horrendous history with hats. We remain unsure as to whether SJP’s costuming is supposed to rekindle that old quirky Carrie style or whether it’s parodying it.

I feel bad saying this, but it's true: the crazy looking hats and brooches Carrie wore were always intended to distract attention from her face. She has bold, strong features and was styled to look pretty and dainty, and that's just a mismatch, so placing jarring objects in the frame was a way to balance out the distracting face.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2021 8:10 AM

The thing that distracted from her long face was her riot of curls.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2021 8:24 AM

Please put this thing out to pasture!

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2021 8:28 AM

She looks like Ronnie the clown

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Big is probably breaking up with Carrie in that scene

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2021 8:46 AM

They both look ancient. Never got her or this show. Half of the women were butt ugly! Including the lead!

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2021 9:14 AM

Mr. Big looks concerned in OP’s picture. Did he forget to renew his AARP member ship or did he accidentally miss Bingo night?

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2021 9:31 AM

Glenn Close and Alec Baldwin have sure let themselves go.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2021 9:36 AM

Is she wearing a wig? Wasn’t she just seen out gray?

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2021 9:48 AM

So pleased they're remaking The Golden Girls

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2021 10:04 AM

I'm old but dang those two. Noth looks like 80 year old Al Gore and SJP just looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2021 10:05 AM

I think the cognitive dissonance these photos engender is because modern sixtysomethings are styled as if they were still thirtyanything. This could have been a charming tale of love and life amongst senior citizens, but the characters are being styled in such a way that the audience doesn't know what we're looking at. Are we meant to believe that these are young people? Because that ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2021 10:09 AM

Noth looks like a million other older Italio-Irish guys in New York. Could be the retired president of a small college, or head of a law firm in his last years there, or retired police captain. Lives in Nassau or Westchester County now.

When that demographic goes what replaces them?

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Their relationship was unhealthy 20 years ago. It’s beyond pathetic that they would still be together.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2021 10:19 AM

Shouldn’t the script have been leaked by now? It looks like they are divorced but not even SJP can hope to sell a show about a divorced 60 year old woman in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2021 11:37 AM

Their characters were never realistic as a couple that could maintain a mature, long-term relationship. They were just an escape for each other.

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2021 12:05 PM

They should have cast me instead. I’m 72 but still pass for 30.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2021 12:17 PM

Loving this tweet from Broadway actor Jeff Heimbrock

[quote]why is she serving executive director at an off-bway nonprofit hell-bent on finishing this capital campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2021 12:22 PM

This is a photo of Betty White winning an Emmy in 1976, when she was 54 (two years younger than SJP is now). She looks lovely and age-appropriate.

SJP (and many others) should look at the way 40+ women styled themselves in times past and consider taking a page from their book. Stop insisting that we view you as being young girls, because we won't. That isn't who you are any more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2021 1:39 PM

He kind of looks like Stephen Fry from the side

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2021 2:45 PM

They never really sparked the way that the other long-term couples on the show did. Big was written without wit, humor, or warmth and it was difficult to see why he was so great or why a relationship would endure despite bumps in the road.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2021 2:49 PM

He looks fat and they both look old and tired.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2021 2:53 PM

They look like they're about to head to Perkins for the Early Bird Special.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2021 3:06 PM

he looks terrible.

I saw him on a plane maybe 3 years ago and he looked great (and filled out his jeans nicely). But he looks terrible here

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2021 3:10 PM

SJP looks old, haggard, like an ancient plucked pullet. Only a young and sexually attractive woman could pull off those looks.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]They should call him "Mr. Old" now instead of "Mr. Big" if they're still defining people by physical traits.

Carrie's pet name is now "Saggy."

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2021 3:18 PM

I get that 20 years ago his power was the draw for her, and her sexuality was the draw for him.

But surely, wouldn't he be home with his wife now?

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2021 3:21 PM

With Cattrall or without her, this enterprise is beyond tired. The last SATC movie was a huge turd.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2021 3:21 PM

That long board-straight hair looks terribly on SJP. Her curly and cute mop softened her features and have her more sex appeal. I don’t get the long stringy mess.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2021 3:25 PM

^sorry for my autocorrect typos but you get the gist.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2021 3:25 PM

It needs to be updated. At least one trans woman of color and one non-binary among the three leads.

Hop to it, creators!

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2021 3:26 PM

No, R32, it needs to end. Period.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2021 3:27 PM

Even in ca. 2000 I thought Mr. Big was DUMPY and AVERAGE looking.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2021 3:29 PM

Her hair has really thinned out. I think it's too long. She needs some lift, which she would get if it were a few inches shorter. Also, those highlight and lowlight streaks aren't doing her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2021 3:32 PM

SJP looked better with a curly mane.

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2021 3:42 PM

I don’t mind that the actors got older, because I think there’s so much potential for the storyline of these actors. They’re more mature, and their views on life and their relationships have changed. We all age, that’s a fact even though every poster on DL is 23. SATC has always been a show about lifestyle and fashion, so why not show an elegant and mature version of Carrie and the other actors?

But looking at the pictures, it seem like a rehash of everything we’ve seen before. Carrie’s still rocking the same hairstyle and the look of the Forever21 dress with that shirt screams homeless. And she’s apparently still fighting with Mr. Big. I hope I’m wrong and they surprise us with a great storyline, but I have very little hope.

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2021 4:19 PM

We've seen her hair in photos like the one where she's having lunch with a strung-out Andy Cohen, her hairline has receded and she's got gray for a good six inches. Clearly they're putting one of those Melania-style wiglets over her natural hair and blending it together. That probably limits her to a straight or very lightly waved hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2021 4:23 PM

Just last night some early episodes of Law and Order were on. Chris Noth was very handsome as Mike Logan back then. A believable handsome, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2021 4:25 PM

So was Mr Big supposed to mean he had a big weiner?

(Sorry, I never really watched so I don't understand the reference)

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2021 4:26 PM

Big as in Big Business. He had the nickname before they did anything.

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2021 4:28 PM

Yet another thread about this show from the deranged SATC Troll. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2021 4:54 PM

She's not going to win Best Turned Out wearing those frocks.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2021 5:45 PM

Exactly R3. How she hasn't realized that in the last 20-25 years is confounding. Nothing wrong with curls.

by Anonymousreply 44October 16, 2021 4:59 AM

Either she has a tiny horse face, or she's standing about a block behind him. His head is TWICE the size of hers. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 45October 16, 2021 5:05 AM

I used to be a hge SITC fan but honestly, what story is left to tell? Mr Big and Carried are dried up old prones that probably don't even have sex anymore. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 46October 16, 2021 5:06 AM

Id love to see her play Carrie as a mid 50s,bitter hard bitten New York yenta . It could have been hilarious . Absolutely no one except Stevie Wonder would look at this woman now and give one iota of a shit about her sex life.

by Anonymousreply 47October 16, 2021 5:07 AM

Just googled and found out she's only 5' 3". That's tiny for a mare.

by Anonymousreply 48October 16, 2021 5:07 AM

My hair looks GREAT straight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2021 5:12 AM

Behold the ravages of age!

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2021 5:18 AM

[quote] Big was written without wit, humor, or warmth and it was difficult to see why he was so great or why a relationship would endure despite bumps in the road.

He was NEVER great! He dumped her for being ‘too complicated,’ married a ‘simpler’ woman, then immediately began an affair with Carrie. That was a pretty good sign of what type of person he was.

One of the show’s better moments was when they showed how devastating the affair was for his wife, but Carrie STIILL ended up with him at the end, despite the show establishing that he only wants what he doesn’t have. He was a total asshole, but then, she wasn’t much better, so I guess you could say they deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2021 5:18 AM

r50 more like behold the ravages of smoking.

by Anonymousreply 52October 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Why do they keep calling it “and just like that”

It’s sex and the city 3, right? The movie?

by Anonymousreply 53October 16, 2021 5:46 AM

No. It's a TV show and the title is "And Just Like That."

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 8:33 AM

I thought it was a disgrace she made the others show their tits, asses, fake orgasms, fake oral sex and rimming (Ginger). She never did anything except flash her bra

by Anonymousreply 55October 16, 2021 11:06 AM

And just like that, I puked.

by Anonymousreply 56October 16, 2021 11:14 AM

She's going to need a ton of makeup and CGI once they start filming the Hocus Pocus sequel next year.

by Anonymousreply 57October 16, 2021 11:30 AM

R10 Sometimes people wear wigs in movies

by Anonymousreply 58October 16, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote] She's going to need a ton of makeup and CGI once they start filming the Hocus Pocus sequel

I actually think the opposite would be more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 59October 16, 2021 12:09 PM

Wasn't sister Sarah the sexy Sanderson who bewitched the boys with her beauty and bountiful bosom?

by Anonymousreply 60October 16, 2021 12:20 PM

R49 are you sure that’s not Bill Maher in drag?

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2021 12:35 PM

Big as the unattainable seemed to be the point of his role. It's always a mistake when these people get together. Having him be "the one who got away, but really was never going to happen" was probably the only way they could really play this out without killing the premise of the show. He could have been a recurring character, showing up just often enough to keep the romance going, but not often enough to be the main story arc. This would have forced the writers to either make Carrie the eternal single gal or marry her off to a less cartoonish boyfriend than the ones they actually constructed.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2021 12:47 PM

Did SJP ever show her boobs on the show? Wasn't she a sex therapist or something?

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2021 12:51 PM

Is that a chicken food on her hat? Is Carrie now a voodoo priestess? WTF??

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2021 1:19 PM

R57, They’ve actually started filming it in Rhode Island this month, but stopped because of a Covid positive (which means one of the actors, hair/makeup/wardrobe for the actors, or director tested positive). And with the possible strike happening on Monday, it might be a while.

I’ve noticed that a lot of Caucasian curly-haired actresses’ hair will straighten and stay straight as their career becomes more successful: Nicole Kidman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Debra Messing, Keri Russell, Julianna Marguiles. Curly hair is considered “character”.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2021 1:57 PM

FOOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2021 1:59 PM

These bints became far too unrelatable. Carrie in her penthouse and a best selling author.

Miranda head of her law firm.

Samantha with a Times Sq office

Charlotte married to uber rich Harry.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2021 4:51 PM

Is he called Mr. Big because he has a big dong?

by Anonymousreply 68October 16, 2021 5:09 PM

No he was called Big from the Pilot as he was a big-shot in the city, the next "Donald Trump". Why he was interested in Carrie is still a mystery

by Anonymousreply 69October 16, 2021 5:16 PM

Why did they change the name? So this is going to be a reboot, not the third film installment?

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2021 5:23 PM

R69 - So she could pull his Hansom can around Central Park.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2021 5:42 PM

That phrase was used in the original SATC a lot.

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2021 5:51 PM

Why not just call it Sex and the City though.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2021 7:48 PM

Is this set in an assisted living facility?

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2021 7:57 PM

for R20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 17, 2021 4:06 AM

R50, she's only 57, not 75. That's from heavy smoking. And bizarre cheek fillers.

Can you imagine how old she looks in person...in the sunlight?

by Anonymousreply 76October 17, 2021 4:53 AM

Post your picture for comparison?

by Anonymousreply 77October 17, 2021 5:02 AM

R73, I don't know, but HBOMax is marketing it as a "new chapter" of Sex and the City.

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2021 5:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2021 5:08 AM

R75 - Thank you, just found my Happy Halloween E-card pic.

by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2021 5:11 AM

Brought to you by the Makers of Ivermectin®!... "For Those Days When You Just Can't Let Worms or COVID Slow You Down!"

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2021 5:14 AM

Big dies early on in the reboot. The Paris scene is either a flashback or a trip they take together before he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2021 5:25 AM

R69 Conde Nast publishing exec Ron Galotti was the real life inspiration for Mr. Big; he certainly was never “the next Donald Trump” so maybe Big meant dick size but I never read Candace Bushnell’s book so I can’t say for sure.

by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2021 9:02 AM

That long straight hair does noting for her. She always looked better with her natural curls.

by Anonymousreply 84October 17, 2021 9:08 AM

Is Miranda an out-and-proud lesbian new to the LGBQTRSDEVVHBHJN NY scene?

by Anonymousreply 85October 17, 2021 10:36 AM

OP dear god every time i read your bullshit fantasizing i want to throw my computer across the room. You are not the national enquirer. You dont need to make up fantasy stories to earn a living. "They do not seem thrilled to see each other" BARF.

by Anonymousreply 86October 17, 2021 11:12 AM

IATSE strike was averted yesterday R65. Agreement was reached.

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2021 12:18 PM

Yes, thanks r87, I am a member of IATSE. Everyone is not happy with the deal- they think Loeb sold us out with 10 hour turnarounds, only %3 wage increase per year and very vague wording about New Media contracts. So we may still strike if 51% of the members vote no.

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2021 12:21 PM

Big and Carrie look like they're at someone's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2021 12:25 PM

How that homely wallflower from Square Pegs ended up with the adorable Ferris Bueller I will never know.

by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Not that Big and Carrie should have gotten a happily-ever-after or anything, but it seems melodramatic to have them break up after all the brouhaha of getting them together and married.

There is an indictment against the modern view of relationships and entitlement, willingness to make tradeoffs and compromises, and the work associated with keeping a relationship strong and healthy.

Relationships aren't magic and won't sustain themselves.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] Not that Big and Carrie should have gotten a happily-ever-after or anything, but it seems melodramatic to have them break up after all the brouhaha of getting them together and married.

I have to disagree. I think a breakup would be the only waynto reaolve their relationship. Neither one is suited for each other or marriage in general.

by Anonymousreply 92October 18, 2021 3:16 AM

Remember the plot line of the first movie, some even wealthier tycoon got swept away with our gal's fabulousness and beauty? He was going to be called "Mr Bigger"!

by Anonymousreply 93October 18, 2021 9:56 AM

*abandoned plot line

by Anonymousreply 94October 18, 2021 10:01 AM

They should have remade the series as a spoof comedy. Like invite the actress who played Big's wife back and have her repeatedly falling down stairs. Carrie can wear even more ridiculous outfits, so large and poofy she can't even fit into the room or an elevator. Have Miranda turn from straight to nonbinary and change her pronouns to something even more ridiculous every episode.

by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2021 10:03 AM

R95 and have Charlotte constantly shit herself

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2021 10:38 AM

"And just like that..."

The glue factory beckoned.

by Anonymousreply 97October 18, 2021 10:48 AM

[quote]Please put this thing out to pasture!

What's wrong with you that you can't just ignore it all?

by Anonymousreply 98October 18, 2021 10:51 AM

DLers really need to stop telling people that they should just ignore what they don't like and never comment on it.

This is a casual forum full of bitchery, if someone thinks the series needs to just die, they can say so. Grow up and learn to handle it, it's not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 99October 18, 2021 11:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 18, 2021 11:06 AM

Always the clotheshorse, this well-groomed globe-trotter canters away from the fashion herd with a thoroughbred look that lands her in the winner's circle..

by Anonymousreply 101October 18, 2021 11:21 AM

[quote] Big and Carrie look like they're at someone's funeral.

Yes, their own. This should be the new season of American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 102October 18, 2021 11:27 AM

Say what you will about Lens, but she wrapped up her show with Hannah & Co. moving on in different directions with Hannah becoming a mother and presumably growing up. She wrapped up the story, such as it was. These ghouls just keep trotting out the same tired schtick every couple of years for a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 103October 18, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote] How that homely wallflower from Square Pegs ended up with the adorable Ferris Bueller I will never know.

She was willing to accept that he would literally fuck anything within reach.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote]How that homely wallflower from Square Pegs ended up with the adorable Ferris Bueller I will never know.

He looks three shakes of a lamb's tail away from Mitch McConnell territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2021 1:50 PM

I have that tie!

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2021 3:28 PM

It sounds like they've already added on a "woke" character played by Sara Ramirez who's probably only been added to call out the women on everything they've done wrong so that no one will write BuzzFeed articles about how poorly the show has aged and how terrible Carrie is. Which she is. She's a horrible person and I'd love for her to lose Big, realize that relationship wasn't built to last, and maybe have a character arc and change for the better.

If this show ends up being the same old, same old, there's no point. If they do that, it'll reek of empty fan service and come actors as cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2021 5:37 PM

r105 - Matthew Broderick was never drop-dead gorgeous. But he was certainly cute and charming when he was young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2021 10:23 PM

I've always thought it odd that he basically disappeared from public life after Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which was one of several generation-defining films, one that practically every Gen Xer knows and can quote from. I know he still pops up in some plays and things, but he didn't seem to do anything else that got much attention.

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2021 10:44 PM

I would imagine the horrible car accident Matthew was in back in the 80s had a huge effect on his life. Imagine being responsible for taking two peoples lives because of a stupid mistake.

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2021 11:02 PM

He’s worked pretty steadily in plays, movies and TV, r109. Like r110, I’ve assumed that after the accident he decided to stop pursuing stardom and spend the rest of his career as a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote]Conde Nast publishing exec Ron Galotti was the real life inspiration for Mr. Big; he certainly was never “the next Donald Trump” so maybe Big meant dick size but I never read Candace Bushnell’s book so I can’t say for sure.

From Harper's Bazaar:

[quote]Galotti has been married twice, first to ski champion Lisa Wilcox, then later to Hearst publisher Donna Kalajian - who consequently had an affair, ending their 12-year marriage. Between wives, he dated model Janice Dickinson - she says she left Sylvester Stallone for him - and Candace Bushnell, who he met at a party in 1995. The two dated for a year and Bushnell wrote about their relationship in her dating column for the New York Observer.

[quote]“He was one of those New York guys with a big personality—you just notice him as soon as he walks in the room,” Bushnell told New York Magazine. “I called him Mr Big because he was like a big man on campus.”

Whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2021 11:46 PM

Big personality types in New York means obnoxious sarcastic asshole

by Anonymousreply 113October 19, 2021 11:49 PM

r111 I realize he's worked, but he hasn't worked in anything notable. Maybe it was the car accident wot changed him.

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2021 1:11 AM

R114 - Jennifer Grey, who was Matthew's passenger in the car, hasn't worked much since either following her breakthrough and now-cult favorite DIRTY DANCING. Grey also appeared in FERRIS BUELLER now that I think about it... played his sister, no?

Maybe they're cursed by the dead woman and child he killed while driving under the influence.

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2021 12:23 PM

Death curses do have the most power!

by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2021 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!