Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Amodio is current five day Jeopardy winner with $150,000, so far!

Matt Amodio is currently a doctoral candidate at Yale University in the Department of Computer Science. His research interest is in artificial intelligence, specifically deep learning. He enjoys developing new statistical and information theoretical techniques for use in neural networks, as well as practical optimization techniques general to any learning task.

Matt grew up in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. He completed his undergraduate studies at the Ohio State University before working in D.C. for two years. He is an ardent baseball fan as well as a trivia enthusiast.

I think he is cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570October 27, 2021 3:10 AM

He suits up well, but overall incredibly Aspie.

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2021 12:06 AM

So? 5 days that's it? Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2021 12:07 AM

The $150K suddenly makes him more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2021 12:08 AM

THAT NOSE!

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2021 12:08 AM

I stopped watching jeopardy when they started trying to make it a reality show. I don’t care who wins $145k. I don’t root for someone on jeopardy because of how much money they won. They’re not stars. They’re game show contestants.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2021 12:09 AM

Stopped watching him, or the show altogether?

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2021 12:12 AM

R5 The show was starting to lose its way even before Alex passed. Like you said, they keep trying to make contestants “stars” and now with all the celebrity guest hosts it’s turned into a circus. It doesn’t even seem to be about trivia anymore. Wish they’d get back to basics and hire an unknown host and quit trying to make the contestants “stars.”

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2021 12:13 AM

What’s Amodio?

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2021 12:13 AM

I don't like the way he answers every person question with "What is...." rather than "Who is?" when the answer is someone's name, eg: "What is Noriega?", etc.

Maybe others do it all the time for all I know, but when he does it, it is literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2021 12:13 AM

Jinx R8!

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]What’s Amodio?

It’s the generic for Imodium, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2021 12:17 AM

Amodio just seems like a dick; like if you worked at the airport or were a cashier or something, he'd say a bunch of snarky shit thinking it was going right over your head, trying to impress his buddies.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote]THAT NOSE!

Usually means a big cock.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2021 12:31 AM

He looks Jewish. I hope he buys a home for mother.

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2021 12:32 AM

You think Amodio seems Jewish? Mamma Mia!

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2021 12:36 AM

He might be cute if he didn’t get that perm. Is his idol Mike Brady?

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2021 1:09 AM

He's ugly! The first time I saw him, he wore a shirt that didn't match his blazer ( that horrible shiny silver one).

He can't be gay, no style at all.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2021 1:27 AM

R17. Colorblind gays exist.

(I pity them…their lives must be a burning hell.)

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2021 1:30 AM

Don’t think he is cute and has that “best student” personality syndrome - BUT damn, how does he know SOOO much? He said he grew up watching with his parents every night like a religion. So experienced in process and logic of clues I guess. Still, knows a LOT.

Like Jennings, these fact knowers aren’t personalities though. The exact opposite traits. Which is why they need a charming, charismatic host. I liked Buzzy best so far.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2021 2:29 AM

So what, you could have become a millionaire in thirty minutes on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2021 2:31 AM

Don't like him - he's annoying and not as sexy as James Holzhauer.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2021 2:33 AM

Why is Amodio?

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2021 2:37 AM

Holzhauer sexy? He had teeth like Richard "Kiel" Jaw in those James Bond films.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote] "The $150K suddenly makes him more attractive."

One can't have more of something they never had to begin with, R3.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2021 2:47 AM

Yarmulke

I've been watching this guy since he replaced the last winner....

I was already thinking possible V2K before I just read about his course of study at OP

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2021 2:59 AM

I don't like this guest host...he goes "YES!" way too fake. too much.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2021 3:09 AM

Touché R24.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2021 3:59 AM

I knew by the third win that James Holzhauer was going to be a big shot. He had that distracted concentration of a genius touched autism. A great game player combination. But, James may not be the prettiest flower in the store, but damn, he's got personality and funny.

I think Matt is on his way. He was really quiet and reserved the first few days, but now he is opening up and smiling. He seem to be to be an eternal student, happy just to learn stuff.

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2021 1:02 PM

I think James is a great guy, but as a champ/contestant he was in the fridge way past his expiration date (for me as a viewer). Days, weeks at times, with no one else even coming close not my idea of fun.

Interesting that Matt's hard savant shell has started cracking a bit lately in terms of missing a few here and three.

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2021 1:57 PM

Lots of Matt talk on this ongoing DL thread. So far, his looks have been compared to Peter Coyote, Isaac Mizrahi, young Charles Grodin, and David Lynch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2021 3:35 PM

IMO, and based upon my own experience, there MAY be a POSSIBILITY that someone is "feeding" him the answers. He's awfully slow to answer. V2K is on my mind with him - again, even BEFORE I knew what he was studying.

-R25

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2021 3:39 PM

^^^ Well, his research interest is in artificial intelligence, specifically deep learning. Who knows what dimension he is plugging into?

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2021 3:42 PM

Often enough I know what they're after, R31, but don't come up with the answer right away. If that's him more than half the time, it's worth it for him to buzz in with an occasional time-out.

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2021 4:12 PM

R31, what was your experience? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2021 4:30 PM

R4 That FACE

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2021 4:46 PM

This new guy misses more than the other big winners did but he gets the big money questions right to build up the bank. Must be disheartening to want to be on the show all your life and you get a guy who just barrels thru everybody.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2021 4:55 PM

Matt is taking some tips from James in that he is hitting big money first. Also, if he gets a double he bets it all. However, he did get flustered last night and lost about 5K he shouldn't have.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2021 5:00 PM

why did they pick the stupid contestants to go up against him? it was so fucking embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2021 11:28 PM

He won again! Seven days for $267,000!

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2021 11:29 PM

and the host keeps going "YES!!!" so fucking annoying!

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2021 11:29 PM

Would you rather he go “YAAAS!!!!”?

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2021 12:17 AM

When Burton first ruled an answer incorrect by one of the challengers, then corrected himself, did the score change both ways on the board? That was a mess up.

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2021 4:05 AM

The score was always correct. Burton screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2021 11:39 AM

Burton was a huge disaster as a host. Hope we don't see him again as jeopardy host. My favorite was Mayim.. she was great

by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2021 11:52 AM

I didn't get to see yesterday's game because my local NBC affiliate overtook the broadcast to report on severe weather in my area. How much of a margin did he achieve over this two opponents yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2021 12:07 PM

From one of the online headlines this morning. Matt's "what" as a blanket form-of-a-question is offending many viewers.

by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2021 12:14 PM

[quote]How much of a margin did he achieve over this two opponents yesterday?

Matt won $74,000 in Thursday's game. Dana had $4,400, so she went home with $2,000. Bryan finished in the negative so he didn't play Final and went home with $1,000.

After just 7 games, Matt is already the 9th highest Jeopardy winner, amassing $268,800 so far.

by Anonymousreply 47July 30, 2021 1:09 PM

No, I do not like Mayim. Ugly clothes and face. no thank you.

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2021 1:14 PM

Within a week after James started winning big, a website was created. No such site for Matt. I wonder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2021 1:29 PM

i think the host reads DL, I didn't hear him say "YES!!!" this evening...he said "that's RIGHT!!!" equally annoying...

and he laughed at a response. it was a correct answer but he was laughing... WTF? I can't remember the question now. But he's gotta be on something...

New host next week?

I was rooting for the other PHD student but too bad he couldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2021 2:01 AM

Burton was too "on." He'd have done fine if he'd only dial it down a few notches. He looks pretty good at 64!

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2021 2:52 AM

When will the announcement be made that LeVar Burton has been selected to be the new host?

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote]No, I do not like Mayim. Ugly clothes and face. no thank you.

I agree. Can’t stand her banana shaped head or the mugging she does for the camera.

That said, I don’t like LeVar either.

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2021 5:09 AM

That wasn't a laugh, it was a drawn-out giggle. That it was a black history question made it all the stranger.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2021 8:09 AM

LeVar Burton was just sad. One of the most pathetic hosts. So much drama to get a guest gig - and he wasn’t even good at it. How annoying. It was like he had never been in front of a camera before. Waste of people’s efforts.

I liked that Buzzy guy. He was charismatic, not a celebrity, unique and kind of interesting/decent looking - combined with ambitious, sharp and on top of things. I did like Andersen Cooper too - but unrealistic as LT host.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2021 4:20 PM

Since Mayim's series was recently renewed, Buzzy is my "outside" bet, if Ken turns down an offer. His familiarity with "how Jeopardy works" over-rides the white male thing; he's great with nervous contestants, talking them down after near misses, etc. as he's been there. His surprise "belt buckle" studio appearance was a wierd stunt, but otherwise he's fairly even keeled.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2021 4:45 PM

Aaron Rogers, Anderson Cooper and Mayim Bialik still have contracted gigs that still take up their time. Mike Richards was great, but he also has a gig as producer of "Jeopardy" and "Wheel of Fortune". I think Buzzy or Ken probably did the best in terms of reading the questions well, having nice rapport and knowing how to deal with contestants (Buzzy did a masterful job of side-glance and otherwise ignoring a very sore loser) and otherwise keeping things moving. They would also fill in first names of answers for the home audience (unlike some others) plus they had a mostly up, positive attitude without being over the top. Dr. Oz and LeVar Burton were among the worst. Robin Roberts was quite nice -- I don't watch her tv show, but she came off as a lovely person, too.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2021 6:06 PM

Worst ‘Jeopardy!’ performance ever taints LeVar Burton’s long-awaited guest debut

What is an epic failure?

LeVar Burton’s “Jeopardy!” guest hosting debut ushered in a new low on the famed trivia game show.

Monday’s episode saw contestant Patrick Pearce record the lowest score in the program’s history — ending “Double Jeopardy” with -$7,400, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Burton, who has been a fan favorite to take over as host of the show following the death of Alex Trebek, had his first appearance somewhat overshadowed by Pearce’s unprecedented breakdown.

Pearce ended the first round of the game in the black with $200, but tanked in the next, making him ineligible for “Final Jeopardy,” and replacing Stephanie Hull’s -$6,800 2015 effort in the history books, the article said.

Matt Amodio of New Haven, Connecticut, capitalized on the California man’s poor performance to reportedly extend his four-day winning streak to $122,400.

The historic loss came as many excited fans tuned in to see the former “Reading Rainbow” star audition for the role many believed he is well suited for.

“Omg I never watch #Jeopardy. But tuned in last night to see Burton and wow what a bust,” one person tweeted.

“Wait, hold up. Did I (and probably a whole lotta other folks) just tune in for the first time in a LONG time to watch the lowest recorded score in #Jeopardy history? If so, now I feel even worse for him,” another said.

Burton has long campaigned to be made a permanent host, and more than a quarter-million fans have signed a petition calling on him to fill Trebek’s shoes.

“[In] 2013 I tweeted for the first time how much I would love to have that job when Alex retired,” Burton said on “The View” in April.

“More than anything, I am eager to put my skills up against those of anyone else in contention and then let the chips fall where they may.”

The “Star Trek: The Next Generation” actor continued his pitch to producers at the start of Monday’s episode.

“As a longtime viewer of the show, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to guest host ‘Jeopardy!’ and I’m proud to be here to honor Alex’s legacy, and I’m going to do my best to make sure that these talented ‘Jeopardy!’ contestants enjoy their moment here as well,” Burton said after being introduced by longtime announcer Johnny Gilbert, footage of the episode showed.

Trebek hosted the show from 1984 until his death in November 2020. Art Fleming led “Jeopardy!” in the 1960s and 1970s and is the show’s only other full-time host.

Burton will continue guest-hosting through Friday, according to the show’s website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2021 10:04 PM

If they'd really wanted him, they'd have included him in the original lineup. Instead, his performance has given them reason to reject him... unless the viewers are overwhelmingly SJW?

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2021 10:16 PM

Blacks are screaming “racism!” because people don’t like LeVar. They scream everything is racism when in this case LeVar simply sucks and doesn’t deserve the job. Most people thought Robin Roberts and Bill Whitaker were both good, so there goes the racism excuse.

by Anonymousreply 60August 1, 2021 12:15 AM

Does he have an OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 61August 1, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]i think the host reads DL, I didn't hear him say "YES!!!" this evening...he said "that's RIGHT!!!" equally annoying...

R50 The shows are taped in advance. There's no way any of these temporary hosts can change their performances because of something they read in real time.

by Anonymousreply 62August 1, 2021 7:17 AM

Ken Jennings is too ugly to be the host. Alex was an extremely handsome man. He was charming, too, and knowledgable. Jennings is, of course, knowledgeable, somewhat charming, and a bust with his looks. When Rogers came on it was a sigh of relief because Jennings had been so unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 63August 1, 2021 7:32 AM

Talent vs looks...I vote for talent.

Alex grew into his looks. He's cringeworthy in the early years but gorgeous in his last ten.

by Anonymousreply 64August 1, 2021 7:42 AM

[quote]When Rogers came on it was a sigh of relief because Jennings had been so unattractive.

Give it up Aaron. You’re not getting the gig.

by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2021 8:45 AM

[quote] Talent vs looks...I vote for talent. Alex grew into his looks. He's cringeworthy in the early years but gorgeous in his last ten.

R64 I beg to differ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2021 11:43 AM

[quote]When Rogers came on it was a sigh of relief because Jennings had been so unattractive.

The sighing happened when follow-up host Mike Richards appeared, and that would've happened with or without Ken Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2021 12:12 PM

Burton would make a good host for a kid’s version of Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2021 12:19 PM

Burton sucked. The whole push to get him on seemed like it was driven by a bunch of hipster fucktards who don't watch Jeopardy and likely never watched not cared that much about Reading Rainbow. It was all do forced and stupid.

Though I hate his phrasing of nearly every response with "what's' I do think Matt is pretty adorable.

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2021 1:26 PM

I'm confused: is it the hipster fans screaming "racism!" or this "black Twitter" mentioned often... or a combination of both?

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2021 3:22 PM

R1, aspie would explain the 'what's' responses, I think. Right?

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2021 3:29 PM

Maybe he just uses the 'what' response to stay in the zone. I've seen contestants in the past blurt out the correct answer but forget to put it in the form of a question.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2021 3:36 PM

I think that's what it is; he's covering himself from slipping up by automatically inserting What every time, without realizing it's effect.

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2021 3:39 PM

this cunt presses the buzzer when he doesn't know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2021 3:40 PM

How about Dr. Max Gomez from CBS NY news who looks a bit like Alex?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2021 4:58 PM

Matt's true skill is being the first to buzz in. He often doesn't immediately know the answer, but buzzes in anyway.

Yes, he's learned to says "What's" the moment they call on him. that's to cover his ass while he then tries to think of the correct answer. Often, there is a long pause while he tries to pull the correct response out of his head.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2021 9:36 PM

An adult named Buzzy? Please, and all you going after Mayim's looks, Buzzy has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2021 12:58 PM

$310,400 and counting

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2021 11:28 PM

I wonder if Matt has a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2021 11:59 PM

Of course he won.

He has a second brain in that proboscis of his.

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2021 1:44 AM

No opinion about the new host after all that anti Burton talk last week?

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2021 1:47 AM

He's okay, nothing special, for the week.

by Anonymousreply 82August 3, 2021 2:06 AM

The new host is very good and appears to be just happy hanging out for the week.

by Anonymousreply 83August 3, 2021 1:35 PM

BDF. At least 8. And veiny.

by Anonymousreply 84August 3, 2021 1:46 PM

[quqote] No opinion about the new host after all that anti Burton talk last week?

Meh

by Anonymousreply 85August 3, 2021 2:20 PM

A relative announced this week's host seems MAGA, of course she had no idea who he was except he was a money guy.

by Anonymousreply 86August 3, 2021 11:41 PM

How many more motherfucking guest hosts will there be before they pick someone?! Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 87August 4, 2021 2:11 AM

One more after this guy, R87.

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2021 2:27 AM

R88 Thank goodness! This has turned into a circus.

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2021 2:34 AM

the guy from CNBC is ok. better than the guy from last week.

Matt is wearing same clothes and why did they pick such dumb contestants to go up against him?!!

they are both in the red!!!

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2021 11:19 PM

this cunt got over 30k and the other 2 --400, 600. (final round) how fucking embarrassing!!!

by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2021 11:22 PM

WE ❤️ MATT!

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2021 11:25 PM

Uh oh! Getting greedy Matt. Watch it!

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2021 11:29 PM

I'm sitting here pissed off because AGAIN I am missing Jeopardy due to nasty, severe weather! Guess I'll have to watch the YT upload. I bet he breaks the 400k mark today. He gambles and takes no risks!

by Anonymousreply 94August 4, 2021 11:29 PM

***big risks

by Anonymousreply 95August 4, 2021 11:31 PM

r94 He lost 37K on final

by Anonymousreply 96August 4, 2021 11:34 PM

He fixed his hair. It was less curly today...

by Anonymousreply 97August 4, 2021 11:39 PM

What area are you in with all these weather issues, R94?

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2021 12:06 AM

The permanent host will be that executive producer who guest hosted according to variety. He was very good! good choice!!

by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2021 1:06 PM

Yees, here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2021 4:44 PM

he's wearing that ugly silver jacket today!!! burn it!

by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2021 11:09 PM

Jesus Christ, OP, if you think this guy is cute you'd think I was the hottest thing you'd ever seen. What some of you think of as good looking or "cute" is absolutely mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2021 11:13 PM

He's not bad, R102, but you have to have an offbeat, dorky interest.

Some guys here seen as "hawt" bore me.

by Anonymousreply 103August 5, 2021 11:20 PM

I think Matt is adorable. Would I do him? Nope. But he's still a cutey.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2021 11:24 PM

Matt has a very visible bald spot. How old is he?

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2021 11:34 PM

A bald spot? I don't see it...

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2021 11:35 PM

Euuuuewwwww!

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2021 11:59 PM

R106 It's hidden under his yammaka.

by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote] under his yammaka

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2021 2:32 AM

Yarmulke

by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2021 3:03 AM

R106 It's a shitty screencap, but you can see it here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2021 3:12 AM

They always interview contestants after the break, I wonder if he's running out of stories to tell...

by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2021 4:33 AM

^^^ James never did. So endearing.

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2021 1:41 PM

The thing about his stories is that they've been largely from his childhood as though he's either strongly protecting his personal life as an adult, or doesn't have much to say about himself recently?

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2021 1:42 PM

^^^ Well, he is a professional Grad student. How exciting can his life be?

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2021 3:57 PM

wearing that ugly silver jacket again.

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2021 11:11 PM

Cunt got dressed in the dark. those colors don't match!

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2021 11:15 PM

I get the impression he's gay, but if so he has even less fashion sense than I do!

by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2021 11:20 PM

cunt won again today.

his total winnings so far is 430 200

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2021 11:26 PM

At least James didn't answer "Washington" in the Final Jeopardy round, good god!

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2021 11:34 PM

He obviously didn't bring enough clothes for an extended run. They shot each week in one day.

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote] I get the impression he's gay, but if so he has even less fashion sense than I do!

He doesn't ping to me. No shine in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2021 11:46 PM

Doesn't seem gay to me. Just seems like an academia nerd. Those types typically lack any fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2021 9:18 AM

Well, okay... I have a serious geek/dork/nerd fetish, so when those types don't mention girlfriends I'm quick to assume. Both Ryan from PA and the bank teller from Seattle, who mentioned girlfriends much later, were definitely my types.

Willing to leave it that whatever his orientation, his lack of social skills would be a significant barrier.

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2021 12:46 PM

All those super smart guys are touched with Aspergers. Just look at James!

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2021 1:10 AM

BAM! Two more pigs up for slaughter!

by Anonymousreply 126August 9, 2021 11:06 PM

This was so embarrassing to watch. Matt answered 98% of all the questions!

by Anonymousreply 127August 9, 2021 11:20 PM

And, once again, bet a huge wad on final... and lost.

by Anonymousreply 128August 9, 2021 11:59 PM

I wasn't real keen on Bible Boy.

by Anonymousreply 129August 10, 2021 12:00 AM

I guessed Drake, too. He was trying to break 500k. Still impressive.

by Anonymousreply 130August 10, 2021 12:04 AM

It's less embarrassing r127 than it is boring. They need to screen for better competitors. This guy is quite good, but not great. He stammers sometimes with his answers. Holtzower, or whatever his name is, would easily beat him.

by Anonymousreply 131August 10, 2021 1:35 AM

He stammers, but he still gets the answers correct.

by Anonymousreply 132August 10, 2021 12:48 PM

I'm not ready to go along with the theory that he's being fed the answers, but it's beginning to be a strange pattern that he almost always comes up with the correct answer within one second of timing out, again and again and again.

If I know roughly 2/3 of the answers, the challengers should as well. Seems like they're intimidated by him as lately there's been room for them to buzz in before he does.

by Anonymousreply 133August 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Do the victims AKA the other contestants know they're going to be facing a multi-game winner before Johnny does the introductions?

Agree that night after no-contest night is getting incredibly boring.

Finally, if he's being fed answers he wouldn't have thrown $68,000 pre-tax down the drain by crossing out "Magellan."

by Anonymousreply 134August 10, 2021 1:59 PM

"Amodio" means "I love God" in Italian!

by Anonymousreply 135August 10, 2021 2:02 PM

It seems like he has a combination of photographic memory and also the kind of memory Marilu Henner has where she can tell you what happened to her on a specific day. He has practically an instant access to information it seems. Holzhauer and some of the other big winners may have this as well.

by Anonymousreply 136August 10, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote] It's less embarrassing [R127] than it is boring. They need to screen for better competitors.

Perhaps, this is the best they got. Who wants to be a sacrificial lamb? I would call in sick.

by Anonymousreply 137August 10, 2021 2:12 PM

It's not just access to information in his head. He processes it very very well. Look at how he handled yesterday's Myth Run-Ons category.

And how many here would have come up with that cesium/cerium response a few days ago? A lot more at work than simply memory and recall.

by Anonymousreply 138August 10, 2021 2:31 PM

They've given him a few questionable correct answers -- like when they ask for a someone with an alliterative name, he gives the last name. Don't they usually require the full name?

by Anonymousreply 139August 10, 2021 2:33 PM

I only think that is when there are alternatives like first names, or Jr. etc.

by Anonymousreply 140August 10, 2021 2:37 PM

Usually you can just give the last name, but it seems like there clues with the words "alliteration" or "this 3-named" person, where they sometimes call for the full name. It seems to be inconsistent -- sometimes they call out the contestant that they need more than the last name.

by Anonymousreply 141August 10, 2021 2:39 PM

FUCKING HATE THIS CUNT! HE KEEPS FINDING THE DAILY DOUBLE!!!

by Anonymousreply 142August 10, 2021 11:18 PM

This is rigged.

by Anonymousreply 143August 10, 2021 11:20 PM

he's up to 475, 600.

by Anonymousreply 144August 10, 2021 11:27 PM

I love Matt, almost more than James.

by Anonymousreply 145August 10, 2021 11:28 PM

LeVar means "to weigh" in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 146August 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Matt was sloppy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 147August 10, 2021 11:39 PM

yes, I was hoping the woman would beat him but he found the daily double and got a comfortable lead after that.

by Anonymousreply 148August 10, 2021 11:55 PM

Silicon is a six-letter word?

by Anonymousreply 149August 10, 2021 11:59 PM

^ Silica

by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote] Matt was sloppy tonight.

Once of the things I love about him.

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2021 12:00 AM

Love how he keeps making that "aw Shucks" face whenever the announcer reads the total winnings. If I were up there, I'd be nervous as hell. I also find it hilarious when he doesn't know an answer, he keeps hopping up and down like he needs to pee.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2021 1:58 AM

For those wondering if Matt is being fed the answers, game shows have been under tight scrutiny since the game shows scandals of the 1950s. I think there are federal laws controlling these shows, so I doubt they'd take the risk.

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2021 2:44 AM

You all know that telepathy both naturally occurring and synthetic/artificial/technological does exist....

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2021 2:50 AM

But maybe they rigged the daily double.

by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2021 3:33 AM

R154

You're reminding me of a childhood book: [italic]The Trouble with Jenny's Ear[/italic] by Oliver Butterworth, about the moral quandry of a telepathic kid on a quiz show.

by Anonymousreply 156August 11, 2021 6:02 AM

So assume he's telepathic. Who out there is somehow reading and then answering the clues for him?

by Anonymousreply 157August 11, 2021 6:45 AM

The host has the answer in his mind.

by Anonymousreply 158August 11, 2021 11:26 AM

He’s smart. Some of the answers that he has are quite amazing. Like, how does anyone know that?

by Anonymousreply 159August 11, 2021 11:32 AM

What an uggo. He looks like a fishface.

by Anonymousreply 160August 11, 2021 11:35 AM

Who’s had Matt’s thick dick?

by Anonymousreply 161August 11, 2021 4:45 PM

He finds the Daily Doubles because they are always at the bottom and he starts at the bottom of the board. I also want to know if the upcoming contestants get to watch the previous taping in the green room or are they ambushed once on set.

by Anonymousreply 162August 11, 2021 8:08 PM

I remember that many years ago a contestant tried that “start at the bottom” tactic — ages before James H. — and was doing dismally. Alex cautioned him about the answers at the top being easier and starting from the top might help. I think most contestants use that as their plan and aren’t comfortable challenging Matt in that fashion.

Matt does it for two reasons. First, to find the Double Jeopardy clues, and second, because it throws off his fellow contestants by dominating the game and building up earnings that become insurmountable. So far, it’s worked.

by Anonymousreply 163August 11, 2021 8:56 PM

They tape 5 episodes per day, and the Tuesday-Friday contestants are allowed to sit in the audience until their game comes. The Monday contestants go into the game cold, but from Tuesday on they've already seen what they’re up against.

by Anonymousreply 164August 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Has a Jeopardy champion ever said "Enough!" and decided to voluntarily retire undefeated? Or do the rules forbid that? (Not the same as involuntary retirement when there was a limit on games won.)

by Anonymousreply 165August 11, 2021 9:51 PM

Bet he'll be wearing that ugly silver jacket again today.

by Anonymousreply 166August 11, 2021 10:34 PM

16 days $505,000

by Anonymousreply 167August 11, 2021 11:29 PM

Correct, R166!

by Anonymousreply 168August 11, 2021 11:30 PM

His jacket looks a little shiny, but it’s not silver

by Anonymousreply 169August 11, 2021 11:32 PM

Did he win again? I'm kind of tired of him. The other players' scores haven't even been close.

by Anonymousreply 170August 11, 2021 11:34 PM

R167 Asshole. Not everyone here is on the East Coast. Take your spoiler and shove it.

by Anonymousreply 171August 11, 2021 11:35 PM

Lol Don’t read a Jeopardy thread before you have seen the show

by Anonymousreply 172August 11, 2021 11:37 PM

I was touched when Matt credited his public high school education the other day.

by Anonymousreply 173August 11, 2021 11:39 PM

Cockadoodle!

DERP!

by Anonymousreply 174August 11, 2021 11:41 PM

Aspie Matt Jackson is the first player I recall who started playing the game from the bottom up. And at a breakneck pace too.

by Anonymousreply 175August 11, 2021 11:42 PM

^^^^ James taught Matt how to do that.

by Anonymousreply 176August 11, 2021 11:58 PM

Yes, another steamroll runaway, R170.

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2021 11:58 PM

I think he's getting fat.

by Anonymousreply 178August 12, 2021 12:03 AM

He said his favorite city was somewhere in Sweden? He had to go there for work and it was bright the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 179August 12, 2021 2:24 AM

He’s cute and the ugly silver jacket is endearing. I did like seeing him brought down a peg by missing the pop culture questions (the host even gave one away with the Rodney D impression). All the contestants embarrassed themselves by not knowing Genesis.

by Anonymousreply 180August 12, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] 16 days $505,000 —Not bad!

60 minutes $1 million--Even better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 12, 2021 2:35 AM

Not just Matt, but it's always amazing that so many smart Jeopardy contestants seem to spend so much time watching dumb TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 182August 12, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote]James taught Matt how to do that.

Given that Matt was on in 2015 and James was on in 2019, that's unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 183August 12, 2021 11:33 AM

I didn't know Genesis.

by Anonymousreply 184August 12, 2021 11:52 AM

Mayim gets half the gig! Good for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 12, 2021 1:49 PM

Half? More like 80/20, no?

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote] James taught Matt how to do that. Given that Matt was on in 2015 and James was on in 2019, that's unlikely.

r183 Hmm. I am sure it is 2021 and Matt was on TV last night.

by Anonymousreply 187August 12, 2021 3:05 PM

R187 I think they're talking about a different guy named Matt.

by Anonymousreply 188August 12, 2021 3:30 PM

Ma, I think it time to think about going back to Shady Pines.

by Anonymousreply 189August 12, 2021 3:36 PM

R187 - follow the bouncing ball . . .

R175 stated, "Aspie Matt Jackson is the first player I recall who started playing the game from the bottom up. And at a breakneck pace too."

R176 then said, "James taught Matt how to do that."

I @ R183 jumped in and said Matt (i.e. Matt Jackson) was a contestant a few years before James.

[quote]—But, I'm just a senile Eldergay, what do I know?

Yes, Rose, you are. But we still love you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 190August 12, 2021 3:41 PM

Ugh - Matt Jackson! Second worst champ... ever!

by Anonymousreply 191August 12, 2021 5:51 PM

He answered a question differently than the host. He pronounced it differently?! They said it was correct!?

by Anonymousreply 192August 12, 2021 11:29 PM

That lady was in striking distance tonight. Shame she didn't get the Jaws answer.

by Anonymousreply 193August 12, 2021 11:43 PM

He will need about 100K to buy a prossie willing to put up with his fugly.

by Anonymousreply 194August 12, 2021 11:45 PM

He watched the fucking lord of the rings a million times. Pretty sure he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 195August 12, 2021 11:55 PM

How did the two challengers not get FJ????? Ruth certainly should have known the correct question.

by Anonymousreply 196August 12, 2021 11:59 PM

I'm not a Super Genius (like Wile E. Coyote), but I was paying attention specifically for it this time and figured I knew at least two-thirds of the answers that Matt buzzed in on and knew. There's either a great deal of luck going on, or the challengers are thoroughly intimidated bye the multi-night champ.

by Anonymousreply 197August 13, 2021 12:04 AM

They give him a lot of leeway in the amount of time he answers. What is.................answer.

by Anonymousreply 198August 13, 2021 1:39 AM

^^^ No more than usual. There's a counter.

by Anonymousreply 199August 13, 2021 1:48 AM

How could anyone not answer JAWS??????

by Anonymousreply 200August 13, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] No more than usual. There's a counter.

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2021 8:02 AM

He looks like he fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

by Anonymousreply 202August 13, 2021 8:22 AM

When he was born the doctor slapped him and then the nurse got in a few good belts too.

by Anonymousreply 203August 13, 2021 8:22 AM

R202 / R203 As a fellow EG, please stop. Both comments are embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 204August 13, 2021 8:53 AM

What is an EG and Jaws should have been a $100 question.Now that was just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 205August 13, 2021 9:01 AM

I suspect there was a big dropoff in applications to appear on Jeopardy at the height of the Covid pandemic and that we're now seeing the effect of that trickle down in a long series of very weak contestants.

by Anonymousreply 206August 13, 2021 9:10 AM

Interesting theory, R206, which kinda agrees my theory of his being lucky as a factor. Jaws was incredibly obvious for a supposedly "tough" final-level question featuring Moby Dick as a hint.

I get what R198 means in that it often feels as though they're holding the clock for him, though if course they're not.

I'm assuming that EG stands for Eldergay, R205. A reference to lecherous old geezers looking forward to pretty young things. As someone who grew up with rabbit ears on a b/w TV, he's average looking. I found it rather odd for him to brag about being a "night guy" since he strikes me as anti-social.

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2021 11:19 AM

[quote] I found it rather odd for him to brag about being a "night guy" since he strikes me as anti-social.

I did not take “night guy” to mean socializing at all. I think he just stays up late at night reading books, watching LotR, and generally being a brainiac nerd.

by Anonymousreply 208August 13, 2021 1:24 PM

Matt got most of answers right last night but the whole game came down to Final Jeapardy because the other contestant was betting big and playing to win. However, she still would have lost if she got Jaws since Matt knew the answer but he's missed a few FJ's before.

by Anonymousreply 209August 13, 2021 3:34 PM

Seriously how did these two miss "Jaws"? The clues blockbuster movie, 1974 best seller, Moby Dick reference. C'mon now. And neither were kids.

by Anonymousreply 210August 13, 2021 4:05 PM

Win today?

by Anonymousreply 211August 13, 2021 11:33 PM

it seemed as if tonight was Matt’s closest game. Nicolle looked as if she might win — until she missed the second DD, which dropped her down. She clawed he way back, but the board was empty of high dollar amounts, and she fell short. Plus she didn’t get FJ.

There’s a few week break starting on Monday, correct? That will give Matt some time to relax. .

by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2021 12:24 AM

God this blue haired thing tonight is annoying. Please don't let it win.

by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2021 12:36 AM

He bet one Dollar, so if the Challenger got it right and doubled her score, and he got it right as well, he would have won by a dollar.

But if she got it right and he got it wrong, he would have lost by a dollar

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2021 1:08 AM

In full-blown shallow mode, he's not doing himself any favors with this shaved sides and permed top, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2021 1:09 AM

As much as I am getting bored with Matt, I wouldn't wanted the blue haired lesbian to have beaten him. It would have just been too comical of a way to go out. Now that the show is on hiatus, people who are going to compete when filming starts again will know what they are up against and prepare accordingly. I bet he's beaten before the end of the first week of new episodes next season.

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2021 1:12 AM

I get the feeling that Matt is psychologically running on borrowed time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost the first game of the new season. As I understand it, however, by coming back in September that means he has to wait another calendar year to compete in a Tournament of Champions?

by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2021 1:16 AM

whatever, just glad I don't have to see his fuck face next week

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2021 1:40 AM

I've barely posted all week, so a few things:

First, I have to chime in re the two knuckleheads not getting Jaws during FJ last night. How?

I thought Joe Buck was certainly an amiable enough host. In addition, I think it was understandable for him to express his amazement at Matt's success.

Tonight's chunky contestant has to be the most annoying person they've had competing in a long, long time. While I generally don't mind perky - within limits that is - I had a desire to see that woman tased each time she opened her mouth.

Imagine a Hellish alternative universe, with her returning in September and LeVar Burton hosting.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2021 1:44 AM

Yay, Matt! I'm not bored with him, I want him to go on forever. I feel bad for disliking Nicolle tonight. She even tried to do the "What is" thing instead of 'Who is" for a few rounds. Her cheerfulness got to me. I liked the guy in the middle but I'm glad Matt won.

by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2021 2:34 AM

I guessed that the women were the pioneers for voting rights but for the life of me could not remember the names.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2021 2:42 AM

He looks like a googly eyed drag race puppet. Crossed googly eyes. There's a nasty streak in him too. He is 1,000 percent an aspie. Lose already.

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2021 2:46 AM

R222 Fuck you

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2021 2:49 AM

^ Is that you Matt? You're disrespectful of more than just the game I see. Why not learn how to make eye contact on break. The left or right one will do.

by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2021 3:28 AM

He plans to spend the rest of his life in the ivory tower

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2021 5:13 AM

[quote]Imagine a Hellish alternative universe, with her returning in September and LeVar Burton hosting.

Shivers! That would have indeed been hell.

[quote]I get the feeling that Matt is psychologically running on borrowed time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost the first game of the new season.

Wouldn't surprise me if he lost within the first few games of the new season. This week's games were taped in late April or sometime in May. That means Matt will have had three full months to get lost in his brain and overthink things. Plus, he had to keep it all to himself, couldn't tell friends about his amazing run until now. All that will likely play a head game on him. I suspect he won't have his mojo when he returns.

by Anonymousreply 226August 14, 2021 10:31 AM

[quote] couldn't tell friends about his amazing run until now.

People with limited social skills don't usually have a lot of friends. Besides, wouldn't folks have noticed he was away a looooooong time?

Sometimes stereotypes are true, so I'm going to take a dig at Los Angeles saying that this past season they've been largely limited to Southern California residents for a talent pool, which may have also helped him.

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2021 12:16 PM

R227 They normally tape two weeks of shows in two days, then take a long break before taping again. So Matt wouldn't have been away so long to be missed, espcially with people staying home because of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2021 12:43 PM

Matt's goal is to be a professor. I can't imagine how dull his lectures would be. He appears to be a nice man but he has no personality.

Oh wait...most professors have no personalities.

by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2021 9:31 PM

He's a professional student.

by Anonymousreply 230August 14, 2021 10:10 PM

Matt is at it again! Another WIN!

by Anonymousreply 231September 13, 2021 11:07 PM

I hope he does final jeopardy for a 50 k payout!

by Anonymousreply 232September 13, 2021 11:24 PM

$642,601 in 19 days. Not bad!

by Anonymousreply 233September 13, 2021 11:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 13, 2021 11:47 PM

Thanks for the link r234, very interesting and insightful

by Anonymousreply 235September 14, 2021 12:02 AM

The way Matt hesitates until the last second on the double Jeopardy questions, and then comes up with the right answer at the last second, reminds me a bit of the clips that I have seen of Charles Van Doren back in their day.

Except, I’m pretty sure Matt is not cheating.

by Anonymousreply 236September 14, 2021 12:16 AM

I am sure Matt has his spirit guides handing him the answers.

by Anonymousreply 237September 14, 2021 12:48 AM

But he's obviously a quiz show and movie fan so he knows how Van Doren played. Could he be intentionally copying the style? It does look just a teensy bit phoney, happening again and again as it does.

by Anonymousreply 238September 14, 2021 4:35 AM

If James H eventually lost, so can he.

by Anonymousreply 239September 14, 2021 10:49 PM

Usually it's obscure geography that brings even the best contestants to their knees, but this guy almost always comes through,

by Anonymousreply 240September 14, 2021 11:16 PM

Yes, I’ve been impressed at how broad his knowledge of geography is. He usually rings in first and knows the correct questions. When others jump ahead of him they frequently mess up the geography, leaving Matt to answer correctly.

by Anonymousreply 241September 14, 2021 11:23 PM

Congrats to Matt!

by Anonymousreply 242September 14, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote]Usually it's obscure geography that brings even the best contestants to their knees

I would love to see Matt being brought to his knees.

by Anonymousreply 243September 14, 2021 11:36 PM

He reminds me of Rachel Maddow in the face. As an Ohioan, I wish he would share the name of his barber.

by Anonymousreply 244September 15, 2021 12:00 AM

Wouldn't his barber be in Connecticut?

by Anonymousreply 245September 15, 2021 12:01 AM

Late to the party…sizemeat?

He’s got BDF.

by Anonymousreply 246September 15, 2021 12:23 AM

When Mike asked him about celebrities that he is being compared to, I held my breath for a moment thinking he was going to say Charles Van Doren lol

by Anonymousreply 247September 15, 2021 12:55 AM

Go Matt! I think he’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 248September 15, 2021 1:13 AM

Mike is staying in the background; you hardly know he's there. Perfect for a host. He's a keeper for sure.

Such a relief after months and months of "stars" who couldn't step back and felt they had to keep projecting themselves into the game.

by Anonymousreply 249September 15, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote] He's a keeper for sure.

For three more nights.

by Anonymousreply 250September 15, 2021 1:31 AM

Well played R250. I can't tell if R249 is clueless or being snarky.

by Anonymousreply 251September 15, 2021 1:43 AM

R239-I think James's loss was a set-up. He played terribly in his last appearance, like a boxer throwing a fight.

by Anonymousreply 252September 15, 2021 1:56 AM

Matt's pretty good at sports too.

by Anonymousreply 253September 15, 2021 2:33 AM

Nobody can play this game indefinitely, there's shit you got to do, like get on with your life. So I think Matt may have to do what I believe Holtzauer did, and one day when he's had enough just set yourself up to lose and then move on.

by Anonymousreply 254September 15, 2021 2:43 AM

Has there ever been a winning Jeopardy contestant who's said, "Enough! This is my final show. I'm retiring undefeated." (Yes, once the show permitted never-ending winning streaks.)

The other point of course is that however tired a long-running winner may get of the routine, it's awfully good money for the time put in, especially given the taping schedule.

by Anonymousreply 255September 15, 2021 2:59 AM

R255 he's a PhD student a Yale. At some point he's going to have to turn his focus back. Unless he does what Ken Jennings did and milks the celebrity aspect as a new career.

by Anonymousreply 256September 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Jennings and Holzhauer both raked in over $2M each in total winnings. There is no way this guy is going to "walk away."

by Anonymousreply 257September 15, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] [R239]-I think James's loss was a set-up. He played terribly in his last appearance, like a boxer throwing a fight.

r252 He was beaten by a lesbian who only lasted three days herself. How set-up can that be?

by Anonymousreply 258September 15, 2021 4:17 PM

They film 5 episodes in one day, so appearing on Jeopardy doesn't occupy all of his time. Unless he spends all of his time studying for Jeopardy, he has plenty of time to work on his PhD remotely.

by Anonymousreply 259September 15, 2021 4:24 PM

yes, and the PhD students make their own schedule, don't they? I thought they plan their own study.

by Anonymousreply 260September 15, 2021 4:47 PM

A reasonable guess would be he's working on his thesis.

by Anonymousreply 261September 15, 2021 7:18 PM

I never saw Ken Jennings as a contestant. Anyone know how he was finally beaten? I agree with the above posters about Holzhauer - he just seemed to give up.

by Anonymousreply 262September 15, 2021 7:20 PM

I do see the young Tom Hanks comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 15, 2021 7:30 PM

R258 - Emma won 3 games then lost the 4th.

But she made it into the Tournament of Champions and was one of the two contestants who competed with James for the grand prize (during which she lost and won "only" the $100,000 prize).

by Anonymousreply 264September 15, 2021 9:02 PM

I'm not nuts about the new set, esp that night sky with the twinkling stars. I guess they're supposed to remind us that Alex is in the great beyond. There appear to be some kind of half curtains behind the contestants as well, which is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 265September 15, 2021 11:07 PM

I think Matt looks extremely fuckable and would probably be a hell of a lotta fun in the sack. Or the kitchen counter. Or the tub....

by Anonymousreply 266September 16, 2021 3:51 PM

Fun? He seems on-the-spectrum to me.

by Anonymousreply 267September 16, 2021 5:20 PM

On the spectrum guys are up for anything. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 268September 16, 2021 5:25 PM

He has a nice smile, with dimples, when Mike is complementing him. I would like to see them both get a room.

by Anonymousreply 269September 16, 2021 10:45 PM

MATT AMODIO IS DEAD TO MEEEEEEE!

by Anonymousreply 270September 16, 2021 11:12 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 271September 16, 2021 11:26 PM

Nah. He won again. Still in it. But this one was closer than I believe any other.

by Anonymousreply 272September 16, 2021 11:58 PM

Hope it rattled him!

by Anonymousreply 273September 17, 2021 12:00 AM

It was close, but not that close, his score, while low for him, was still triple what the nearest competitor earned

by Anonymousreply 274September 17, 2021 12:43 AM

He's wearing that ugly silver jacket again!

I don't believe he didn't know some of those answers that he got wrong! They were easy!

by Anonymousreply 275September 17, 2021 2:08 AM

Agreed, R275. Nobody got slow "poke"!

And he didn't know kickstarter?

by Anonymousreply 276September 17, 2021 2:11 AM

What the he'll happened? I stepped away from the TV right after the first round, and he was like $600 in the hole. By the time I came back during double jeopardy, he was at 30k and winning! Someone tell me.

by Anonymousreply 277September 17, 2021 2:13 AM

He got a second daily double which he bet everything and got the correct answer, so that helped a lot

by Anonymousreply 278September 17, 2021 2:38 AM

I became so tense that I kept forgetting to play the game. Glad Matt won.

by Anonymousreply 279September 17, 2021 3:19 AM

i find it really suspicious that he didn't know joe frasier. that's gotta be the easiest one, and there was a picture of him too!

by Anonymousreply 280September 17, 2021 5:19 AM

I think the audio implant in his head tilted for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 281September 17, 2021 11:52 AM

I didn't know Joe Frasier either.

by Anonymousreply 282September 17, 2021 12:24 PM

I hope Twitter sleuths are doing a background check and find evidence of that one time he watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, that old movie about making fun of Asians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 17, 2021 12:35 PM

Which "he" do you mean? Ken has already been called out for being able-ist.

by Anonymousreply 284September 17, 2021 12:41 PM

But I did recognize the ultra-handsome Leon Spinks.

by Anonymousreply 285September 17, 2021 4:52 PM

R284 I meant the contestant. Aren't winning contestants eligible for online manhunts now?

by Anonymousreply 286September 17, 2021 5:17 PM

I hate when Matt does this. He could have lost it all today. It came down to final and my nails are gone.

by Anonymousreply 287September 21, 2021 1:50 AM

Carlo cracked me up several times, especially the Ricky Martin and Mozart answers.

by Anonymousreply 288September 21, 2021 4:14 AM

I could see Matt losing to a mediocre player if the other challenger is really weak like tonight.

by Anonymousreply 289September 21, 2021 4:35 AM

Carlo bombing the Spanish language category was also oddly hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 290September 21, 2021 4:38 AM

I was embarrassed on Carlo’s behalf for most of the show. He had the right response once in a while, but his wrong responses missed the mark by light years.

He’ll need to move to Albuquerque and forge a new identity in order to live down this ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 291September 21, 2021 4:45 AM

How does he compare to the GOATS Ken & James? Is he on their level, or a cut below?

by Anonymousreply 292September 21, 2021 6:05 AM

below!

by Anonymousreply 293September 21, 2021 6:14 AM

The difference is Ken made it look easy. For whatever reason, Matt seems to constantly feign difficulty responding. That makes him look a bit fake.

by Anonymousreply 294September 21, 2021 10:04 AM

^^ Yea, but he got there. I have a feeling Matt is just as confused about how his mind works as everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 295September 21, 2021 1:09 PM

Matt seems to be the aspy type that is weaker on questions involving pop culture and the like. Interesting that the weakest of yesterday's three players was the only one to get final jeopardy. This is likely how he'll lose with a final jeopardy question revolving around pop culture or contemporary movies.

by Anonymousreply 296September 21, 2021 2:32 PM

I think he’s just tremendous…!

by Anonymousreply 297September 21, 2021 6:47 PM

[quote] 'Jeopardy!' Fans Are Shocked After James Holzhauer Takes a Shot at Matt Amodio

Jeopardy! champion Matt Amodio is on fire, and he knows it. But even still, fellow Jeopardy! prodigy James Holzhauer isn't afraid to give him a hard time.

On September 17, Matt finished off another week on the beloved quiz show with 23 consecutive game wins and total earnings of $825,801. These stats put him in third place for Jeopardy!’s consecutive games won and highest winnings during regular season play. Ahead of Matt in first and second place is Ken Jennings and James, respectively.

Like many others, it seems like James, who now cohosts the quiz show The Chase with Ken, is also keeping tabs on Matt. Hours before the computer science PhD student from New Haven, Connecticut appeared on last Monday’s episode of Jeopardy!, James took to Twitter to compare their winnings. “When you order something online vs. when it arrives,” he wrote alongside side-by-side photos of Matt and himself comparing their 23-day total earnings.

Shortly after, Matt replied back with his own clever joke. “I thought these memes were supposed to have the more attractive person on the left,” he tweeted back, referencing before-and-after pictures.

The 30-year-old Jeopardy! star then retweeted James and wrote another message. “Must be nice having time to throw shade on Twitter,” Matt said. “Us #Jeopardy champions with 0 career losses have actual work to do.”

Needless to say, James’s tweet garnered the attention of Jeopardy! fans everywhere, who were surprised to see he took a shot at Matt.

“Ouch. That's kind of cold, James. I get it, you know a lot of trivia. Why rub it in? 23 games is still impressive, no matter what the amount is,” one fan wrote. “No need to punch down. Matt's a long way from James's record. But he's certainly remarkable. And James is a supernova,” another added. “James… show some class… not nice…why does everyone have to compare him with the previous big winners…. Matt is amazing… he’s only just begun!!! ❤️❤️,” a different fan said. “James I like you always have always will but even you must understand different strokes for different folks. You both play the game your way! Don’t get arrogant on us,” a follower commented.

That said, others enjoyed seeing James interact with the current Jeopardy! champion, including the show itself. “This is how you know you’ve made it, @AmodioMatt!” Jeopardy!’s official Twitter account wrote. “@AmodioMatt this means you’ve been welcomed as one of the top dogs. Can’t wait to see your friendly banter back with James, Ken and Buzzy,” a fan agreed. “Coming from anyone else, this looks like some WICKED shade. But we know better. Man, sometimes I love Twitter,” someone else tweeted.

It sounds like this James-Matt exchange is all in the name of a little competitive fun. That said, since their back-and-forth exchange, Matt has gotten even closer to James' 32-game streak. Only time will tell if he’ll beat the record of one of the most successful Jeopardy! legends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 28, 2021 12:55 AM

Now that he's rich, do you people want to date him?

by Anonymousreply 299September 28, 2021 8:18 AM

He's cute. I would have given him a go on the first date as a Phd student.

by Anonymousreply 300September 28, 2021 1:37 PM

I can't believe he didn't know who maya angelou was? He was shown a picture and he didn't know answer! That was the easiest question.

very fishy.

by Anonymousreply 301September 28, 2021 1:56 PM

I absolutely hate the ugly host, did you see her fucking hair the first 2 days? and her ugly clothes?!

by Anonymousreply 302September 28, 2021 1:56 PM

And the FJ question was too easy.

by Anonymousreply 303September 28, 2021 1:57 PM

He must have a photographic memory of sorts. When he answers, he pauses. You can tell he's going through a rollodex of facts in his head

by Anonymousreply 304September 28, 2021 1:59 PM

R301-Honey, that picture was so old, I didn't know it was Maya Angelou.

by Anonymousreply 305September 28, 2021 4:05 PM

If I’m not mistaken, Matt would overcome James H., in terms on games won, on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 306September 29, 2021 12:08 AM

James is jealous, hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 307September 29, 2021 11:30 AM

why are the contestants so fucking stupid? they pick the dumb cunts so matt can continue winning! rigged!

by Anonymousreply 308September 29, 2021 11:06 PM

he got dressed in the dark. he looks terrible in all his clothes, wrong color choices.

by Anonymousreply 309September 29, 2021 11:06 PM

I'm enjoying seeing Matt win so many consecutive games. I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 310September 29, 2021 11:16 PM

If producers want him out, there are two ways to go about it. The first, is to make the questions much harder. That way, everyone gets them wrong, he cannot build up momentum, and then gets overtaken in a FJ. That is rumored to be what they did to eventually get Ken out.

The second is to make the questions all easier. That way, other people buzz in just as quick, possibly denying the champ of the ability to wager high in the Daily Doubles, and get him out that way. That is how they got rid of James.

Matt plays a lot like James. He knows almost everything and he wagers a lot. I think if the producers want him out, they will use that method. Wouldn’t surprise me if they do. As such as they like having someone who can keep returning to get the fans to watch, he earns serious money. Ken was better for producers because he was winning but within normal amounts because he played the game traditionally.

by Anonymousreply 311September 29, 2021 11:20 PM

that fat bitch today was dumb as fuck! how the fuck did she get picked?! She knew fuck nothing!!

by Anonymousreply 312September 29, 2021 11:29 PM

I guess she aced the online tests, but doesn't do as well "live"?

by Anonymousreply 313September 29, 2021 11:37 PM

R311 The way he loses is by having compete against one really good player and one really bad one. Normally the other contestants are equally matched so neither contestant can close in on him. All those times where Matt's win was within range, it was because there was one player who barely buzzed in at all.

by Anonymousreply 314September 29, 2021 11:39 PM

the guy in the middle today kept losing the battle with the buzzer, he knew the answer but didn't buzz in first. I remember a fewceleb contestants have mentioned there is a trick to buzzing in first or something.

by Anonymousreply 315September 29, 2021 11:44 PM

and his stories are getting so fucking dull. rotten food in a fridge...wow!!!

by Anonymousreply 316September 30, 2021 2:09 AM

At least Mayim's response that she was surprised that there was any food with college students around worked!

by Anonymousreply 317September 30, 2021 6:03 AM

Come on. Matt is 30 years old. He’s had to do this “interesting story” shtick 31 times so far. I seriously doubt that there are many people of that age who could come up with an unending series of witty and entertaining events to satisfy their critics without having to resort to the rotting food in the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 318September 30, 2021 11:40 AM

The key point is that you briefly get locked out if you buzz in too early.

Remember how Matt sometimes seems to pass on easy answers. Maybe he's not passing but locked out.

by Anonymousreply 319September 30, 2021 12:47 PM

I suspect Matt hears the first part of the question and determines whether it is a field he's familiar with. If so, then he's ready with the buzzer before they even finish the second part of the question.

If its not a field he feels comfortable with, then he skips the buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 320September 30, 2021 12:51 PM

How many people took a pass on trying out for Jeopardy because they dreaded the little chat with Alex? I've always thought it adds nothing and breaks the pace of the show.

by Anonymousreply 321September 30, 2021 4:22 PM

Some of their personal stories are swell, and some of them are lousy.

by Anonymousreply 322September 30, 2021 5:51 PM

I personally hate the personal stories section, I mute it until the questions are asked.

by Anonymousreply 323September 30, 2021 5:56 PM

He buzzed in on the Maya Angelou question, a picture was Maya was shown, he blanked.

That was super easy and he didn't even know. Even if you cram for all the questions, I'm sure she's an important figure that you should have memorized.

They need smarter contestants.

by Anonymousreply 324September 30, 2021 5:59 PM

I recognized her face immediately, but couldn't come up with the name.

by Anonymousreply 325September 30, 2021 6:02 PM

R322 I think that was Mr Livermore’s per peeve..

by Anonymousreply 326September 30, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]I personally hate the personal stories section, I mute it until the questions are asked.

I do, too. The chit-chat is positively excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 327September 30, 2021 7:26 PM

I wish he'd give full answers instead of just the last name of a person. Jeopardy used to have standards. Alec wouldn't stand for this!

by Anonymousreply 328September 30, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] I wish he'd give full answers instead of just the last name of a person.

They require full names when only the last name is not sufficient because it could apply to more than one person. Mayim enforced this last night when the question was which former First Lady did JFK appoint as a delegate to the UN. Matt said “Roosevelt” and Mayim asked for more information, requiring him to add “Eleanor.” Because it could have been First Lady Edith Kermit Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt’s second wife.

So, if the answer to the clue is Mozart, there’s no reason to add Wolfgang Amadeus.

by Anonymousreply 329September 30, 2021 8:13 PM

Never realized Jeopardy fans were so anal retentive but I guess it makes sense. Can't say I've noticed 95% of what people are complaining about.

by Anonymousreply 330September 30, 2021 9:26 PM

omg, what the fuck was this woman wearing tonight?!!! MY EYES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 331September 30, 2021 11:02 PM

how the fuck does he not know that breed of dog?! it's so fucking easy! I don't think he does well with questions with pictures.

by Anonymousreply 332September 30, 2021 11:11 PM

How many more wins until he ties the guy currently holding the numero uno record? Congrats to Matt!

by Anonymousreply 333September 30, 2021 11:31 PM

Ken Jennings holds the record for the longest winning streak on the U.S. game show Jeopardy! with 74 consecutive wins.

by Anonymousreply 334September 30, 2021 11:36 PM

He's an ugly, basic male. Of course he makes DLers ancient mussies wet. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 335September 30, 2021 11:38 PM

R331

My very first thought right off the bat was that if someone talked her into wearing that outfit, they should be breaking rocks at Leavenworth as a major crime!

by Anonymousreply 336October 1, 2021 12:05 AM

Congrats to Matt for tying James’s record of consecutive day appearances.

by Anonymousreply 337October 1, 2021 12:05 AM

They need to put the daily double in the 200 and 400 spots.

by Anonymousreply 338October 1, 2021 12:46 AM

With all that money, Matt can't update his wardrobe? Or buy the dowdy bitch a proper dress?

by Anonymousreply 339October 1, 2021 4:25 PM

A "Mayim and Matt Makeover!" reality fashion show should be streamed exclusively on DL: Princess Diana screams for her cuffs, FF for his ties, and a fainting couch for their matching jackets.

by Anonymousreply 340October 1, 2021 5:09 PM

The way Matt plays, I doubt he will beat Kens record. Matt plays in the high risk, high reward style of James. He is a bit more cautious than James was, but that style of game play can backfire hard.

by Anonymousreply 341October 1, 2021 5:14 PM

Matt will eventually lose all three Daily Doubles and will be done.

by Anonymousreply 342October 1, 2021 5:31 PM

i'm sure by now, the producers know his weaker topics and areas...just put more of those on!

by Anonymousreply 343October 1, 2021 5:34 PM

Or, perhaps a challenger with similar strengths?

by Anonymousreply 344October 1, 2021 5:59 PM

I think Matt and Mayim are banging. Am I the only one who sees the sparks of the sex chemistry flying betwixt them?

by Anonymousreply 345October 1, 2021 6:03 PM

wearing that fucking ugly silver jacket again.

by Anonymousreply 346October 1, 2021 11:10 PM

[quote] i'm sure by now, the producers know his weaker topics and areas...just put more of those on

One of the categories on Thursday’s show was Geography. The producers clearly haven’t gotten the memo yet. . . .

by Anonymousreply 347October 2, 2021 1:45 AM

Matt has the cutest smile. I bet he likes to be tickled.

by Anonymousreply 348October 2, 2021 1:03 PM

My mom had dinner recently with a group of friends ranging from 75 to 90. They thought Matt was definitely on-the-spectrum, and want him to go away as soon as possible. She was surprised that the topic produced such animated responses among the women.

by Anonymousreply 349October 4, 2021 4:15 PM

When will Ken Jenning's interim hosting duties begin? I wonder if Matt will still be after his record when he's the host. If so, maybe Ken would need to recuse himself. I'll have to review the game show ethics handbook on that.

by Anonymousreply 350October 4, 2021 5:09 PM

I believe this is Mayim's final week.

by Anonymousreply 351October 4, 2021 5:14 PM

Don’t think so, R391.

[quote] Beginning Monday, September 20, Bialik will serve as the host for several weeks of episodes, which will air through November 5. After that, Bialik and Jennings will split hosting duties as their schedules allow through the end of the calendar year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 4, 2021 5:55 PM

I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 353October 4, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] After that, Bialik and Jennings will split hosting duties as their schedules allow through the end of the calendar year.

After that, Bialik and Jennings will split hosting duties as their schedules allow through the end of the calendar year *or until her krap sit-kom is finally kancelled.*

by Anonymousreply 354October 4, 2021 11:24 PM

Per The Ringer, R350: "(For those keeping score at home, if he were to keep winning, he would surpass Jennings in an episode airing in late November; Jennings himself is set to take over as guest host on November 8.)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 4, 2021 11:37 PM

it's rigged 100%. they are putting up dumb cunts next to him.

by Anonymousreply 356October 4, 2021 11:41 PM

R356 It isn’t rigged. They pick the contestants well ahead of time. And, if they were going to rig it, it wouldn’t be for straight white dude.

by Anonymousreply 357October 4, 2021 11:45 PM

We don’t know that he’s straight, and since he has an Italian background we don’t know if he’s white…

by Anonymousreply 358October 5, 2021 12:23 AM

I'm sick of him. I'm not watching it again until he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 359October 5, 2021 12:27 AM

yeah, I didn't watch today either. I don't want to see that ugly silver jacket. the host wears terrible colors and outfits, not to mention horrid hairstyle. I am not subjecting myself that.

by Anonymousreply 360October 5, 2021 3:45 AM

I guess I understand being so put off by a television program or movie or actor or musician/band, but it always comes across as sort "I'll teach you! I won't watch you or listen to you any more!", which I get must be a profound, deeply felt opinion. But it is ultimately such a meaningless "threat". I also get it that some people are just prone toward saying stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 361October 5, 2021 4:41 AM

of the triumvirate of Jennings, Holzhauer , and Amadio, I find Matt to be a breath of fresh air who is also a very kind and humble human being, in addition to being so damn good on "Jeopardy".

by Anonymousreply 362October 5, 2021 4:46 AM

I'd suck Matt until his nuts rattled.

by Anonymousreply 363October 5, 2021 4:47 AM

I liked the shirt and tie with no jacket today

by Anonymousreply 364October 5, 2021 4:50 AM

I thought he really went overboard with his pregnant "maybe I don't really know the answer is Jordan" pauses today. Just looked fake as can be. So obvious he's been told to create some suspense for the audience.

by Anonymousreply 365October 5, 2021 9:16 AM

He is such a boss. I'm a trivia fan and god is he impressive

by Anonymousreply 366October 5, 2021 9:18 AM

R365 I don’t think that is it. I think he is somewhat in the spectrum and going over the photographic memory in his mind, like flipping though a phone book.

by Anonymousreply 367October 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Matt loves eating pussy! Yum yum yum!

by Anonymousreply 368October 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Man loves having two men going over him at the same time, one sucking his dick while the other licks his balls and swirls his tongue around his nipples.

by Anonymousreply 369October 5, 2021 10:07 AM

If your comment was directed at me, R361, I am not trying to teach or threaten anyone. I just stated that I'm sick of him and am not watching again until he is gone. There is no contest to the show when he's playing.

by Anonymousreply 370October 5, 2021 10:32 AM

R367 I'll buy that on some of the hard and obscure responses. But in the initial Jeopardy round on Monday he was doing it again and again on easy ones, like Jordan. Not to mention the over-the-top facial expresions showing first his agony then relief.

by Anonymousreply 371October 5, 2021 10:47 AM

Yes, we were able to access his frame sans the usual jacket. I was wondering if someone would make note of this on the DataLounge. He has a nice physique. Now if I could figure out that patchy hair. It looks like they fill in some balding spots with hair in a can.

by Anonymousreply 372October 5, 2021 10:50 AM

The questions are shockingly easy this season....And Matt looks like Ellen Degeneres son. No Joke. Matt and Ellen both have that stupid grin where they move their tongue around in their mouth. It's weird..He also has a gay lisp...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 5, 2021 10:50 AM

R367 Maybe he is trying to run out the clock?

by Anonymousreply 374October 5, 2021 11:42 AM

Who would you rather watch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 5, 2021 11:49 AM

^^^ Honestly, they all look on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 376October 5, 2021 11:50 AM

Of the three of them, I could easily watch Ken Jennings for a longer run. I didn't like James when he was on, finding him an incredibly cold fish. Matt has waaaaaaaaaay outstayed his welcome.

by Anonymousreply 377October 5, 2021 11:52 AM

Ken Jennings is vile...He is so gross. Brad is fine (despite the closet)....James is watchable. But the minute Ken gets to the podium I am switching channels.

by Anonymousreply 378October 5, 2021 11:55 AM

I've always liked Brad. I'd sign his lawyer's prenup as soon as it comes out of the printer! Thing is, he did so spectacularly badly when the three of them were having their face-off a year or two ago that I really wondered whether something is wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 379October 5, 2021 11:59 AM

I have a feeling we're going to discover Matt and Mayim have been dating once his run ends. Do I hear wedding bells?

by Anonymousreply 380October 5, 2021 1:56 PM

On his Jeopardy application, under hobbies he did put down Eating Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 381October 5, 2021 2:43 PM

That just meant that he likes Chinese food

by Anonymousreply 382October 5, 2021 2:52 PM

He spilled an adult beverage on a laptop at a party. WOW!!!! what a great story matt!!!

by Anonymousreply 383October 6, 2021 11:10 PM

The "Warm Chatter" segment is scintillating as always.

by Anonymousreply 384October 6, 2021 11:21 PM

those 2 dumb cunts just stood there the whole time, didn't even try to ring in....dumb cunts!!!

by Anonymousreply 385October 6, 2021 11:21 PM

So goddamned boring. Why bother having other contestants when it's just piggy Matt hogging the whole fucking show and making everyone suffer.

by Anonymousreply 386October 6, 2021 11:25 PM

R386. agree 100%

they need to pick smarter contestants!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 387October 6, 2021 11:46 PM

There were many contestants I would have liked to see return for a few more days-- that old bearded sweater guy on Monday reminded me of late Shih-tzu and I was sad he didn't have a chance, there were some fun gays, and there were some cranks which make it entertaining. Today's DAVID looked pissed!

by Anonymousreply 388October 6, 2021 11:50 PM

Matt seemed humbled by his measly $16,000 today. Maybe the end is near.

by Anonymousreply 389October 6, 2021 11:59 PM

The last time that Matt lost a large sum of money in FJ he was very conservative in his betting in the next game.

by Anonymousreply 390October 7, 2021 12:03 AM

Having contestants who are actually able to answer the questions will be a start towards dislodging him.

by Anonymousreply 391October 7, 2021 12:03 AM

Those chatter stories are cringe worthy

by Anonymousreply 392October 7, 2021 12:04 AM

If they went back to the more difficult and obscure questions they had in the old days, it would become more of a game of chance and would give the other contestants more of a shot at Matt.

by Anonymousreply 393October 7, 2021 12:19 AM

Yes, make the questions tougher, but that won’t automatically guarantee a Matt loss. I was surprised that he knew which books of the Bible went with those clues tonight. He has a very broad base of knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 394October 7, 2021 12:50 AM

That means he's had a hell of a lot of leisure time in his life.

by Anonymousreply 395October 7, 2021 1:02 AM

Lately, I find that I'd rather watch all 1 hour of PBS News than switch over to Jeopardy at 7:30. I like seeing really smart winners but my tolerance of them is around 10 games or so. Maybe it's time to reinstate a max win limit.

I admit I'm insanely jealous.

by Anonymousreply 396October 7, 2021 1:23 AM

He looks great at R355 but like a deranged Aspie at R375.

by Anonymousreply 397October 7, 2021 1:27 AM

he was just guessing, I guess his strategy is to ring in first and then guess the answer if he didn't know it. He got a lucky guess correct today, judging by his reaction.

by Anonymousreply 398October 7, 2021 2:02 AM

Don't hear anyone bragging they got Final Jeopardy today.

by Anonymousreply 399October 7, 2021 2:16 AM

Go to the other Jeopardy thread, R399. Three of us got it.

by Anonymousreply 400October 7, 2021 3:25 AM

I got Thermidor, but only one of those Bible books.

by Anonymousreply 401October 7, 2021 3:34 AM

Bible questions should be banned on Jeopardy, or at least really cut back.

by Anonymousreply 402October 7, 2021 3:36 AM

OMG...I think I just realized Matt is wearing a wiglet.

by Anonymousreply 403October 7, 2021 3:38 AM

Matt rubbed one out yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 404October 7, 2021 7:52 AM

Am I the only one who thinks he is, but not quite, cheating? He slams the buzzer before anyone else or knowing the answer, then uses the time to think it up or guess.

by Anonymousreply 405October 7, 2021 8:29 AM

R405 I think you are the only one. That's been a standard game approach since the days of Art Fleming. It's why there's a penalty for buzzing in too early or not responding correctly.

by Anonymousreply 406October 7, 2021 10:48 AM

R402 You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 407October 7, 2021 11:36 AM

I'm not sure whether his dramatic pauses are a stunt, or he just doesn't know?

by Anonymousreply 408October 7, 2021 11:54 AM

He doesn't know.

by Anonymousreply 409October 7, 2021 12:12 PM

[quote] OMG...I think I just realized Matt is wearing a wiglet.

Yep, he is getting a bald spot, right where his yamaka belongs.

by Anonymousreply 410October 7, 2021 12:16 PM

Matt's long pauses have been discussed multiple times in Jeopardy threads in recent weeks. It's also been discussed other places as well because USA Today asked him about it. Here is his response:

[quote]I'm a big believer in measure twice, cut once. I'm very worried that I'm going to know it, or I'm going to think I know it, and then say it. And if I just took one extra second to pause and doublecheck my work, I would have the correct answer. So it's just out of an abundance of caution. I'm not going to let hastiness turn into sloppiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 7, 2021 6:26 PM

That came out downright priggish.

by Anonymousreply 412October 7, 2021 6:38 PM

They have put PhD candidates against him - not too long ago there were two of them! Today's PhD candidate, Maddie, didn't even make it to FJ.

by Anonymousreply 413October 7, 2021 10:32 PM

omg, she is the dumbest!!!

by Anonymousreply 414October 7, 2021 11:23 PM

she should get a fucking refund for her "education". she was so stupid!

by Anonymousreply 415October 7, 2021 11:25 PM

PhD in what? so fucking embarrassing!!! she should be ashamed!

by Anonymousreply 416October 7, 2021 11:28 PM

Theater, R416.

Anyone keep track of how many questions The challengers answered correctly between them?

by Anonymousreply 417October 8, 2021 12:23 AM

omg, she got dressed in the dark! so fucking ugly!!!

by Anonymousreply 418October 8, 2021 11:08 PM

Somehow I have the tendency to believe and assume that Matt, or any very successful player, could give a flying fuck about folks on message boards bitching about him. But if that is what you need to do, datalounge is at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 419October 9, 2021 5:47 AM

[quote]omg, she got dressed in the dark! so fucking ugly!!!

It seems that way. Mayim seems to have a passion for houndstooth and plaids. Show really needs to do an intervention. Don't they have any gay men working backstage there who can give her some fashion tips?

by Anonymousreply 420October 9, 2021 9:45 AM

It’s over!!! He was defeated today and I’m sad.

by Anonymousreply 421October 11, 2021 5:35 PM

The streak is over!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 422October 11, 2021 6:29 PM

who beat him?

by Anonymousreply 423October 11, 2021 6:30 PM

oh really? they aired the episode already?

by Anonymousreply 424October 11, 2021 6:31 PM

If I'd known earlier I would have picked up a split of champagne while doing errands!

by Anonymousreply 425October 11, 2021 6:34 PM

Why did the NYT run that hit piece on Mayim today, together with a photo that looks nothing like the person we see on screen? Frankly, given all the problems in the world the Times can focus on, devoting all that space to ruminations about her "fairness" seems vicious overkill.

by Anonymousreply 426October 11, 2021 6:48 PM

The NYT hasn't been vaguely fair in years.

by Anonymousreply 427October 11, 2021 7:10 PM

Jeopardy airs at 12:30 pm here.

by Anonymousreply 428October 11, 2021 7:50 PM

did he screw up or did a genius show up to beat him?

by Anonymousreply 429October 11, 2021 7:52 PM

So kind of R421 and R422 to spoil the results before the show has aired for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 430October 11, 2021 8:14 PM

When Ken & James lost, there was plenty of buzz to such effect. Has there been any today? Not that I've noticed, so reports here of Matt's death may be exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 431October 11, 2021 8:49 PM

I complained about people spoiling episodes, and was told that it was my problem for checking into before the show aired locally for me! (my fault/problem)

If this is true, I'm okay with it this once being such good news for something to look forward to!

by Anonymousreply 432October 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Once the show airs, it’s open season. Not my fault they air it so early in the day here.

by Anonymousreply 433October 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Oh good R433. I just got hissed at vociferously on the other thread for saying Matt lost.

No one can convince me that Matt didn’t deliberately tank today. Stupid and few responses throughout. Totally out of character. Wasn’t beating them on the buzzer. And Poland???!! My fucking dog knows the Alps aren’t in Poland. If I know the answer is Austria, as do the other two contestants, then so does ugly Matt Amodio.

Did he do this on his own, or did the producers speak to him.

by Anonymousreply 434October 11, 2021 10:17 PM

R428, where in the world are you? they air it so early?!

by Anonymousreply 435October 11, 2021 10:21 PM

I've recorded the program, I can't watch it live as I won't be home. I am just glad I won't have to see his ugly silver jacket ever again!

by Anonymousreply 436October 11, 2021 10:21 PM

There is no way the producers said anything to him.

I think he said his paper is due end of the year so I guess he lost deliberately so he could go back to his studies?

by Anonymousreply 437October 11, 2021 10:23 PM

yeah, there is no way he didn't know a geography question, that's his strength.

by Anonymousreply 438October 11, 2021 10:24 PM

He wasn't even trying. He looked tired and like he wanted out. Does he get to keep his money?

by Anonymousreply 439October 11, 2021 10:52 PM

of course!

by Anonymousreply 440October 11, 2021 11:18 PM

the other guy is buzzing in faster.

by Anonymousreply 441October 11, 2021 11:18 PM

I did see panic in Matt's eyes for the first time. At least, that the camera saw.

by Anonymousreply 442October 11, 2021 11:21 PM

Bye bye Matt!

by Anonymousreply 443October 11, 2021 11:45 PM

R437 No one would turn down the kind of money that Matt was ranking in, along with the doors a long jeopardy appearance could open to turn in a paper.

PhD programs are expected to take years and no one would bat and eye if he took a term off. He didn’t throw the game. He has a two in three chance of losing each game. It finally caught up with him.

by Anonymousreply 444October 11, 2021 11:47 PM

Alas, Matt Amodio is no more.

by Anonymousreply 445October 12, 2021 12:00 AM

He threw the match. Geography's one of his strongest suits. No way he'd put Poland for a country with Alps.

by Anonymousreply 446October 12, 2021 12:02 AM

If this is true, I think he threw it as well. Too many people were getting tired of him always answering everything, Once he'd past James as #2, his place as a Jeopardy champ was secure. Even if he'd stayed and beaten Ken's record, they would have kept losing audience members because it just wasn't interesting.

by Anonymousreply 447October 12, 2021 12:05 AM

Given his snarky Twitter responses and recent interviews, I thought he'd last at least a couple more weeks. Too bad. I didn't think he would pass Ken's winning streak but thought he had a decent chance of winning the most money.

by Anonymousreply 448October 12, 2021 12:06 AM

I don't think he threw it on purpose, but internally or subconsciously or whatever else you want to call it, I think that by the middle of the game he realized that when champs go down, they often go down hard.

by Anonymousreply 449October 12, 2021 12:07 AM

I think he was "encouraged" to throw it. Probably got a nice little bonus from the producers for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 450October 12, 2021 12:09 AM

R450 Then you are very stupid. Game Show regulations are very strict.

He didn’t throw the fucking game either. He just had an off day.

by Anonymousreply 451October 12, 2021 12:14 AM

Boring to watch one contestant gobble all the clues up.

by Anonymousreply 452October 12, 2021 12:18 AM

I don't think he gave up - he just got too flustered by how good the other 2 contestants are. And even if he answered FJ correctly, he will still be in third place anyway.

by Anonymousreply 453October 12, 2021 12:20 AM

I was rooting for Jessica, she seemed like a cool contestant to have around for awhile. Just bad luck she was playing against two great players. Basically the difference between her and Jonathan was that he got one of the Double Jeopardies right at $3K.

by Anonymousreply 454October 12, 2021 12:22 AM

I definitely would have preferred her to win over Jonathan myself.

by Anonymousreply 455October 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Sorry, Matt - I was still rootin hard. See you in the tournament, pal!

by Anonymousreply 456October 12, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote] Sorry, Matt - I was still rootin hard. See you in the tournament, pal!

Based on Jason's experience a couple of years back, as I understand it we won't see Matt again for a year-and-a-half as he's considered to be qualified for this season?

by Anonymousreply 457October 12, 2021 12:34 AM

The other guy got two daily doubles today!

by Anonymousreply 458October 12, 2021 12:58 AM

Also, the jacket he wore today is very ugly, that ain't his color

by Anonymousreply 459October 12, 2021 12:59 AM

Buh Bye.

by Anonymousreply 460October 12, 2021 1:36 AM

The other contests got all the Daily Doubles which screwed with his master plan to bet everything on the first Daily Double, then either bet everything or like $5,000-8,000 on the second, and usually never everything on the third but somewhere between $2,000-6,000 on the last depending on how close anyone was to him. Today, he had two strong challengers, who right from the start, had their buzzer technique down pat. You'd see other challengers upset shaking the buzzer cause they rang in too soon (or he had beaten them to it). It's either ok to ring in when the last syllable of the last word of the clue is read or some (green?) light goes on, and fractions of a second count. Whatever it is, they had read up on it and were prepared.

Today, Matt also had two people who were smart --- and were good at the buzzer. He should have been taken down before, as no one had the combination of 1) finding daily doubles before him,2) buzzer technique and 3) smarts to take him down before today. When he realized this, since he was beaten to the buzzer a lot by both them early on, he started missing some. You could see he was quite perturbed that two folks were leading him. I don't know if it's something on the autism spectrum, but It played with his composure, and he started making stupid mistakes. Many times challengers were smart, but he had already built up a commanding lead with the first daily double. Bye bye -- it was actually boring and annoying having an automaton with a photographic memory answer for so long.

by Anonymousreply 461October 12, 2021 1:50 AM

Thank god!!

by Anonymousreply 462October 12, 2021 2:26 AM

yes, it was much more competitive today. they should have smart contestants like these two every fucking day!

by Anonymousreply 463October 12, 2021 2:27 AM

Jonathan will go down tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 464October 12, 2021 2:55 AM

Having just watched the game, I don't think Matt threw it at all. He was definitely trying to win but got beaten on the buzzer and to the daily doubles. I bet this Jonathan guy lasts a single day LOL.

by Anonymousreply 465October 12, 2021 3:06 AM

He has quickly come up with the names of obscure rivers, capital cities, and landmarks. I can't believe Poland was a serious guess. I think he misses Yale and wanted to get back to his studies, with a round $1.5 million in his pocket. His breadth of knowledge was pretty amazing...

by Anonymousreply 466October 12, 2021 3:21 AM

He would’ve lost even if he’d gotten Final Jeopardy right.

by Anonymousreply 467October 12, 2021 3:23 AM

Glad that I did not see it and really do not want to. I preferred Matt over his biggest competition for being the biggest and the best compared to his 2 competitors for the crown, but at least he surpassed James H for days of winning., unless I misunderstood what I read/heard.

by Anonymousreply 468October 12, 2021 3:46 AM

Tornado warnings here this afternoon, which cancels out regular programming on local NBC station. should have mentioned above that was why I missed the show, but yeah, glad that I did miss it.

by Anonymousreply 469October 12, 2021 3:50 AM

I often thought that if you could fluster the guy in the green room before the taping, you'd throw-off his whole game. I think that's what happened...the other two were beating him at the buzzer, and they were getting answers correct, and it completely disengaged somethi8ng inside of him. I found him really annoying, and was about to stop watching until he lost.

by Anonymousreply 470October 12, 2021 4:10 AM

I haven't missed a show since he was on but I can't bring myself to watch. Don't want to see him lose, especially in this fashion.

by Anonymousreply 471October 12, 2021 4:32 AM

It ends with a whimper, not a bang

by Anonymousreply 472October 12, 2021 4:44 AM

[quote]. Don't want to see him lose, especially in this fashion.

I like Matt, but he lost in every fashion he tried out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473October 12, 2021 5:23 AM

fashion, smashion. I thought he won a million and a half dollars.

by Anonymousreply 474October 12, 2021 5:38 AM

Maybe he'll be using his winnings for a skiing trip over Christmas in the Polish Alps.

by Anonymousreply 475October 12, 2021 6:33 AM

And given the other two contestants were neck-and-neck ahead, his FJ wager should have been zero. He must know that.

by Anonymousreply 476October 12, 2021 6:37 AM

It was as if something had happened and he decided, "Screw it, I'm out of here." He simply wasn't into the game.

by Anonymousreply 477October 12, 2021 7:06 AM

YESSSSSSSSS!

fucking finally!

bye what's what's what's what's

what's you fucking lost get the fuck out!

by Anonymousreply 478October 12, 2021 7:41 AM

shocked that the guy who knows obscure answers didn't know Austria was the answer. He should know Poland doesn't touch the Alps

by Anonymousreply 479October 12, 2021 7:44 AM

Mayim is boring, dull, monotone, lifeless.

by Anonymousreply 480October 12, 2021 7:55 AM

Matt probably remembered that catchy accordion tune Myron Floren used to play on Lawrence Welk, the Danube Polka.

by Anonymousreply 481October 12, 2021 7:57 AM

Matt knows too much obscure geography to miss on a simple question like what country has both the Alps and the Danube. He just quit trying. Maybe one of those people who recognized him on the street said something that threw off his mojo, but it's clear he just gave up when he put down Poland as his answer.

Notice that he started to write something else for his Final answer. He marked through the first letter and then wrote Poland. It's hard to tell what that first letter was since he scratched through it, but it could certainly have been an A.

by Anonymousreply 482October 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Don't people get tested before getting on Jeopardy? He didn't seem to be paired with ones on the same IQ level and that would be the shows fault. The shows were boring, his voice monotone and he looked around many times like he was looking for aswers. I almost didn't watch today but happy i did. He was finally paired with equals. As far as hosts, Blossom needs a hair dresser and clothes help. Alex always looked sharp.

by Anonymousreply 483October 12, 2021 8:49 AM

[quote] I bet this Jonathan guy lasts a single day LOL.

So what? He made Jeopardy history for slaying the dragon.

by Anonymousreply 484October 12, 2021 9:00 AM

Good riddance that Matt is gone. His nasally, whiny voice and horrible fashion sense were driving me up the wall. I was about ready to stop watching the show this week if he had continued on any further. He left at the right time, in my opinion, though losing to a schlub must be really embarrassing for him. Jonathan is going to be yet another one day wonder. At least James lost to someone who could hold her own for several days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 485October 12, 2021 1:05 PM

Mayim needs to work on her pacing. Alex was great at delivering his commentary mid-game so it felt spontaneous, but she rushes through it and makes it sound scripted.

by Anonymousreply 486October 12, 2021 1:16 PM

Matt looked as if he gave up before they got to Double Jeopardy. He got lazy, his timing was off, and then just limped along until FJ, which I believe he answered incorrectly on purpose. If you think back, James did the same thing in his final appearance, although James was more obvious in the way he just gave up. His last appearance was a sham from start to finish.

I just can't wait until Matt becomes a regular on The Chase. But he'd have to interact, which would be near to impossible for him.

by Anonymousreply 487October 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Good - Matt lost, and Jeopardy is DEAD to me! Get rid of Mayim and bring on Josh Gruden

by Anonymousreply 488October 12, 2021 3:08 PM

The moderators frequently gave Matt a win when he gave answers that needed to be clarified. His 'what's ...' was fucking annoying. One response to a question about which President did so-and-so and he says 'Adams'. There were 2 Adams Presidents and they let him get away with that.

by Anonymousreply 489October 12, 2021 3:12 PM

Sure Jan, R487. Matt is not speedy enough to be on The Chase.

by Anonymousreply 490October 12, 2021 3:28 PM

Yep, he is getting a bald spot, right where his yamaka belongs.

-Oy, dear!

by Anonymousreply 491October 12, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] Alex was great at delivering his commentary mid-game so it felt spontaneous, but she rushes through it and makes it sound scripted.

Alex also hosted the game for 100 years. If you watch him on the early games (YouTube), he was exactly the same way. She just started, and being an actor, she's used to things being scripted. Lighten up and give her a chance...I think she's doing a great job.

by Anonymousreply 492October 12, 2021 4:24 PM

No, I don't like this cunt. fucking ugly head to toe!

by Anonymousreply 493October 12, 2021 4:46 PM

I noticed that Matt got such a break a few times, too, R489.

by Anonymousreply 494October 12, 2021 4:54 PM

It was weird how off Matt was. He got stuff wrong that were easy enough that even I knew them.

Did the producers pay him off to throw the game????

by Anonymousreply 495October 12, 2021 4:57 PM

More of that when he realized that he wasn't going to make it, he just shut down.

by Anonymousreply 496October 12, 2021 5:01 PM

Maybe he had finally celebrated his success and was hung over. It might have been the first episode filmed ( they film 5 per day) on that particular day, and it was the morning after.

by Anonymousreply 497October 12, 2021 5:17 PM

Who had to suck his cock to get him to throw the game? Or should I say "WHAT" had to?

by Anonymousreply 498October 12, 2021 5:31 PM

I would suck Matt dry.

by Anonymousreply 499October 12, 2021 5:40 PM

Buh-bye Matt, take some of that $1.5M and get some new clothes for yourself and that Myaim.

He started out early as he had on some shows going into the first commercial break ahead, but not by a wide margin. He usually pulled way ahead as the show went on. But as soon as the other contestants got an edge he got flustered and started making mistakes. At some point in his aspy head he said fuck it, if I'm going down I'm going down big, and he just threw in the towel.

by Anonymousreply 500October 12, 2021 6:11 PM

Matt's losing episode was the first episode with Michael Davies as the new EP. Wonder if Davies selected super smart contestants from the pool of contestants who came to the studio to play in that week's show. Perhaps Davies recognized that they had to challenge Matt with smarter contestants to make the game more interesting.

[quote]It might have been the first episode filmed ( they film 5 per day) on that particular day, and it was the morning after.

Monday episodes are the first ones they film each day of taping. And there was a break of a week or more before this week;s shows started taping -- last Friday's show (Oct 8) was the last where Mike Richards was listed as EP. Show was dark (didn't tape any episodes) for a week or more while they arranged for a new EP to come in. No telling what happened to Matt in that time to cause him to lose his mojo.

by Anonymousreply 501October 12, 2021 7:30 PM

This makes me think Mike Idiot Richards was throwing the shows to create buzz, thinking it would up his audience numbers and help him find another job.

by Anonymousreply 502October 12, 2021 7:35 PM

I don't get it, R502?

by Anonymousreply 503October 12, 2021 7:36 PM

Could Mike Richards have been feeding him the questions in advance?

by Anonymousreply 504October 12, 2021 7:46 PM

I think he means he picked not very challenging contestants (who passed the test but didn't have the highest scores) against Matt so that Matt would build a long streak, which did indeed draw audience and media interest. It's possible, since while there were a number of very smart challengers here and there (but Matt would usually build up a bundle and find and bet all on the first Daily Double), there were a minimal amount of times where like yesterday's episode where he came up against two challengers who were both smart and had the buzzer technique down pat.

by Anonymousreply 505October 12, 2021 7:49 PM

Not feeding him questions, but selecting weaker contestants to go up against Matt. I don’t think Richards, would’ve engineered the whole thing, but once he saw that Matt was on a streak, what if he tried to foster the streak by limiting competition, thinking it would cause audience numbers to rise for his last shows? Then he could point to those audience numbers down the road and say, look how good I was as EP. (I think he would be wrong about Matt attracting a higher audience, but who knows.)

by Anonymousreply 506October 12, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]once he saw that Matt was on a streak, what if he tried to foster the streak by limiting competition, thinking it would cause audience numbers to rise for his last shows?

Mike Richards didn't know those were going to be his last shows. He was fired after taping of last week's episodes concluded.

by Anonymousreply 507October 12, 2021 7:55 PM

Matt had a formula that was busted this last episode. The guy on the end getting both Daily Doubles killed him. That and the board was heavily movie and pop culture laden which is his weakness. Honestly, I think he gave up about mid the second round. The final jeopardy was right up his alley but he got it wrong...which was odd. I think he realized he was done and gave up.

by Anonymousreply 508October 12, 2021 7:57 PM

I agree r508. He gave up in the second round when he didn't find either Daily Doubles.

Since geography has proven to be one of Matt's strongest catagories, he definitely would know the Alps are not in Poland. He just quit trying.

by Anonymousreply 509October 12, 2021 8:03 PM

or he had a brain fart in the clutch, feeling the pressure he had put other through for once.

by Anonymousreply 510October 12, 2021 8:04 PM

Oh, well... Who will be our next fugly Aspie with a trivia-packed brain?

by Anonymousreply 511October 12, 2021 8:10 PM

Two hours of Star Wars Shakespeare featuring new champ Jonathan Fisher. Don't forget to move on to the second part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 12, 2021 10:00 PM

Yarmulke

by Anonymousreply 513October 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Gesundheit

by Anonymousreply 514October 12, 2021 10:33 PM

I felt sorry for the black guy today. He was so fucking nervous.

by Anonymousreply 515October 12, 2021 10:51 PM

So... are you all wishing you had Matt back now?

by Anonymousreply 516October 13, 2021 12:14 AM

No, the actor guy did quite well again. Mayim's fan-worship of Matt was unfair to the other contestants as it set him up as even more intimidating right before they had to compete with him. Glad he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 517October 13, 2021 12:18 AM

She wears the ugliest clothes. No taste whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 518October 13, 2021 1:58 AM

Robinson-Gissette reminded me of Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 519October 13, 2021 2:25 AM

Double breasted blazers are unflattering on women with larger busts.

by Anonymousreply 520October 13, 2021 2:43 AM

Good to know that datalounge is also full of fools seeking and creating conspiracy theories that are patently nutso and have inexplicable rationales. But I guess its not quite as nutso and is relatively harmless compared to believing COVID is not real, 9-11 is not real or that vaccines are a plot against them.

by Anonymousreply 521October 13, 2021 8:41 AM

Oh, please. Mike Richards did an Eve Harrington in trying and almost succeeding in getting himself the gig. Practically all that he left out was getting an associate to siphon the gas of a competitor's car.

by Anonymousreply 522October 13, 2021 4:29 PM

During the chat segment they discussed that he was being recognized and accosted while shopping (nothing threatening in any way). Maybe someone told him it was time to hang it up and let other people play.

by Anonymousreply 523October 13, 2021 5:07 PM

What was Robinson-Gissette referring to in the interview? He has something that Mayim knew about from graduate school.

by Anonymousreply 524October 13, 2021 5:11 PM

Jonathan the actor has fine diction, which can not be said for Robinson-Gisette, who I could barely understand while he was talking in the interview section with Mayim. He seemed like a very sweet guy (or what he/they/she uses) and was happy R-G starting answering questions correctly after a nervous and flustered start.

by Anonymousreply 525October 13, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] Maybe someone told him it was time to hang it up and let other people play.

Yes, that would be extraordinarily convincing...

by Anonymousreply 526October 13, 2021 5:38 PM

R524

I was hoping the host would provide some sort of an explanation for the viewers, but she just let whatever it was that was said go through unfiltered. Basically as I understand it, what normally would have been a set of fraternal twins combined to make one baby with four sources of chromosome matter in the case of (his) mother's pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 527October 13, 2021 5:54 PM

I actually didn't understand a word of what he said, and from his performance, I question how he passed the online test, other than perhaps he isn't comfortable around other people. He was cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 528October 13, 2021 7:04 PM

To each his own, as I didn't think he was remotely cute.

by Anonymousreply 529October 13, 2021 7:45 PM

I didn't either.

by Anonymousreply 530October 13, 2021 9:25 PM

He's a PhD student in what?

by Anonymousreply 531October 13, 2021 9:25 PM

Computer Science, R531.

by Anonymousreply 532October 13, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote]Yep, he is getting a bald spot, right where his yamaka belongs.

1. It's "yarmulke."

2. Amodio isn't a Jewish name. It's Italian, from ama dio, one whom God loves.

by Anonymousreply 533October 13, 2021 11:27 PM

Interesting game today. Matt wore out his welcome

by Anonymousreply 534October 13, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote]I didn't think he was remotely cute.

He's kind of attractive from straight ahead (see OP), but from the side he looks like your typical snot-snorting nerd (see R473).

by Anonymousreply 535October 13, 2021 11:34 PM

she wears the ugliest clothes. that's the 2nd time she wore that ugly green shiny shirt!

by Anonymousreply 536October 13, 2021 11:38 PM

I thought she had come to her senses and burned that damned shirt!

Although they each knew final, I had no idea. Was kind of thinking that the lady pastor would pull it out.

by Anonymousreply 537October 13, 2021 11:59 PM

You can tell even Mayim didn't like him and was getting sick of him. She could barely conceal her contempt for him and seemed to get even more annoyed the longer he remained She seems to be in a much better mood tonight now that he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 538October 14, 2021 12:02 AM

What is wrong with wearing simple suits in navy, black and gray? This is what Trebek wore and he was well dressed always.

by Anonymousreply 539October 14, 2021 12:05 AM

Who watched this bull shit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 14, 2021 1:29 AM

"Amo" means "I love" first person singular -- so it literally means "I love God" Amadeus means loved by God -- but his name isn't Amadio with an "a" in the middle.

Capisci?

by Anonymousreply 541October 14, 2021 1:49 AM

Wow! What a relief to have competitive, entertaining games again. I enjoyed tonight's match and had no idea who was going to win. I've missed that feeling. Congrats to Matt on his incredible accomplishment, but I'm glad to get back to competitive games again.

by Anonymousreply 542October 14, 2021 2:48 AM

I also thought James Holzhauser was ready to leave and threw the game to get off the show. It must get to be a drag after a while like a job. Mayim Bialik's tone and personality fit the show better than any other host. It doesn't matter what she wears, she's not the star of the show the contestants are. She's not a fashion victim like Vanna White, she has more to offer. Even if all she ever did was Beaches, she'd still get my respect. She was amazing in that role, and until I saw the DVD extras, I totally thought it was she singing.

by Anonymousreply 543October 14, 2021 4:30 AM

Matt and Mayim sort of look alike.

by Anonymousreply 544October 14, 2021 5:53 AM

It just seems sane for the viewer for contestants to sometimes start at the top of the category and go through them. If another contestant gets the question and goes to another category, it seems lately they stayed with that one for a few questions, rather than just pecking and hunting for daily doubles. It wasn't James originally, but the Asian guy a while back who I think, while not primarily looking for daily doubles, but I think was trying to throw others off their game by deliberately switching categories with nearly every pick he did. For an audience, I must say after the last few games, it just seems to make it actually more enjoyable. Matt and James also were just annoying and boring after a while by mostly exhibiting what appear to be photographic memories. The new champ seems very nice and smart, he doesn't have to try to fake out other contestants by constantly changing categories, and constantly hunting for daily doubles. He's just smart, and lately the other contestants are too, and not just doing milisecond scramble for the buzzer, as Matt did while he stalled for a second or two after ringing in.

by Anonymousreply 545October 14, 2021 6:10 AM

Has Matt commented yet about eating out Mayim?

by Anonymousreply 546October 14, 2021 6:13 AM

He wants ravioli, she'll take kreplach. They'll find out they're pretty similar actually. But isn't she married with kids anyway? Plus she must be tired doing "Jeopardy" and still doing that other "Kat" show which was renewed.

by Anonymousreply 547October 14, 2021 6:16 AM

R546 She was visibly irritated and annoyed at him most of the time. There were quite a few times where she sounded done with him so I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 548October 14, 2021 6:41 AM

"I was just reliably informed that his mother is Jewish. I have no 'hard' info on his father or how he was raised."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549October 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Holy fuck, a man who is going bald. now there is a major oddity amongst humans.

by Anonymousreply 550October 14, 2021 8:38 AM

R547 She is actually divorced, but she most likely wouldn’t marry a non-Jew. She is pretty liberal but frum is frum.

by Anonymousreply 551October 14, 2021 8:55 AM

I can't quite figure out where she fits on the Jewish religious spectrum: conservative or "modern" Orthodox?

by Anonymousreply 552October 14, 2021 11:00 AM

R552 She is Modern Orthodox.

by Anonymousreply 553October 14, 2021 11:26 AM

Don't forget Mayim played young Bette Midler in "Beaches."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554October 16, 2021 6:56 AM

He says he did NOT lose on purpose. But I still have my doubts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 21, 2021 1:46 AM

I don't think he lost on purpose either, but may have subconsciously decided it was time to go. As we see now, however, Jonathan turned out to be the formidable opponent we'd all been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 556October 21, 2021 11:41 AM

Jonathan is very smart for an actor! he looks like John C Reiley

by Anonymousreply 557October 21, 2021 3:44 PM

I'm reading that some folks are upset with Jonathan in that he sticks with categories, sometimes starts at the top of them, and that he doesn't bet huge amounts on daily doubles. I actually find it refreshing, since even though he gets a lot of answers right, unlike Matt and James, he's not looking to intimidate them right from the start by finding the daily double and making it a true daily double. He's winning by being smart, calm, without some of those quirks Matt had (answering "what is" to anything, sometimes weird facial expressions, etc.) and just by playing an excellent game. Matt was kind of a like a daily double hunting bully, and Jonathan is proving that you don't have to necessarily do that to win.

by Anonymousreply 558October 21, 2021 3:47 PM

558 Matt played like James, Johnathan plays like Ken.

As someone who plays along at home, Johnathan is much more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 559October 21, 2021 4:43 PM

I completely agree r559.

by Anonymousreply 560October 21, 2021 5:12 PM

Apparently he tweeted that he is having trouble adjusting to life after Jeopardy! 😢

Not to worry as fans poured in messages of support after reading that! 🤔😒🙄

by Anonymousreply 561October 21, 2021 7:54 PM

I wish Jonathan would lose. He’s so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 562October 21, 2021 8:00 PM

Matt was ugly. Jonathan looks gay.

by Anonymousreply 563October 22, 2021 2:09 AM

Jonathan is gay. Today he spoke about his partner....I wasn't listening intently but I heard the word "partner" during the chit chat section.

by Anonymousreply 564October 22, 2021 2:17 AM

Yeah during his anecdote, he mentioned going somewhere with his partner in college.

by Anonymousreply 565October 22, 2021 2:35 AM

He's fug as hell. I thought Matt was nerdalicious.

by Anonymousreply 566October 22, 2021 2:46 AM

I think Jonathan is adorable. He has a great smile and very expressive face. Also, his 'partner' is a female. He mentioned that she wrote a play and it was staged a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 567October 26, 2021 9:56 PM

R564 Unfortunately partner is another word that the straights have stole.

by Anonymousreply 568October 26, 2021 10:23 PM

Jonathan lost. Good. He's a smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 569October 26, 2021 11:13 PM

I like "Jeopardy", but maybe I do not love it. There are some very, very, serious people expressing their fandom and their opinions here. But, yeah, it is hard to not have an opinion. I liked Matt, really appreciated his relative uniqueness. Jonathon was okay but I was growing tired of him, and apparently there is a big group of people who tire of people like Matt, just because they experience "too much repeated sucess". I assume that there just is a large variety of Jeopardy fans/ watchers in terms of what they prefer.

by Anonymousreply 570October 27, 2021 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!