Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LAMB - coming to a theater near you

I will be terrified if I can stop laughing long enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2022 12:14 PM

I watched the trailer this morning, and the upright walking lamb looked ridiculous. Is it a Christ parable? I assume that the husband is a sheep fucker. When the wife sees the lamb baby does she turn to him and scream "Ewe fucker!!"

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2021 10:55 PM

The look on the cats' face in that trailer pretty much describes my reaction to it.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2021 11:02 PM

How did Nicholas Cage not get a role in this?

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2021 11:14 PM

Direct link to the trailer. It actually looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2021 11:36 PM

God Only Knows???

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2021 11:38 PM

Did he fuck the sheep mom? And then take her baby?

Fucker!

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2021 1:03 AM

The A24 fangurls over at r/Horror are already clamoring over this trailer.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2021 1:36 AM

How baaaaaad can it be?

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote]I assume that the husband is a sheep fucker.

Good Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2021 1:56 AM

Wow -- now we know they've really run out of ideas!

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2021 1:58 AM

Any relation to Black Philip?

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Ari Aster/A24 stans will loose their collective shit if you dare say something critical about this trailer. (Yes I know this isn't an Ari Aster flick).

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2021 12:05 PM

Isn't satan pictured as a goat? Is this baby satan?

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2021 12:20 PM

R13 doesn’t know that sheep and goats are different animals.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2021 12:24 PM

That Noomi Rapace sure has a lot of little dots all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2021 12:25 PM

R13 is Selma Bouvier.

Satan is sometimes portrayed as a goat, yes.

Jeebus is portrayed as a lamb.

They released another quick clip from the movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2021 12:29 PM

A24 have put out The Witch, Hereditary, Midsommar and St Maud in the last few years and I’ve loved them all. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2021 12:29 PM

R13 I grew up on a derelict little farm where my dad kept sheep for a bit (packed it in after ten years, too much work for no return). One year, he jokingly assigned one of our lambs to me as a temporary pet (because I had expressed a wish for a German Shepherd puppy, but there wasn’t one going local at the time), and he told me it was called Mint Sauce. I was a bit too small to get the joke at the time, and happily chattered away about my morbidly-named baby sheep to my infant-school teachers and pals.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2021 12:33 PM

Trailer looks good! I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2021 12:44 PM

Less terrifying than Ms. Stefani's L.A.M.B.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2021 12:47 PM

Well ,....,christians might like it

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Trash. Mutton dressed as lamb.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Oooh love it. And agree, that dirty Young MacDonald definitely defiled that Ewe.

Probably PETA propaganda, but I'm sold.

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2021 1:17 PM

Wasn’t there a big brouhaha about the 2016 film of the same name (with Liam Neeson)? Iirc it was something to do with a borderline-inappropriate relationship between a priest and a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2021 1:53 PM

Does Chicken Lady have a cameo?

by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Zero superheroes. Not a sequel. Not a remake.

Let's support movies like this.

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2021 2:39 PM

There was also a film called LAMB. Isn't it about a pedophile or something? No good films should be called LAMB ever.

by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2021 2:43 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2021 2:49 PM

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2021 5:10 PM

Somehow, I think Shari Lewis in kosher heaven is not very happy about this. Remember, R18 that Shari named her ewe sock puppet "Lamb Chop". No Shari Lewis, I am not going....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2021 5:37 PM

I've racked my brains trying to think of a joke.

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2021 5:45 PM

Looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2021 4:37 AM

R31 ahem

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2021 5:22 AM

R33 HAHAHA Good one, Mimi.

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2021 5:29 AM

The director says it’s not a horror movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote] Wow -- now we know they've really run out of ideas!

I'm with R26.

I'd rather watch something original like this, than watch another fucking MARVEL movie any day!

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2021 3:42 AM

Everyone will flock to this flick.

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2021 4:09 AM

I wonder how old I am?

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2021 4:15 AM

God that trailer was awful. I hate when iconic songs are reappropriated, especially when these ham-fisted hacks think that by doing it, they're being sooooo fucking clever/edgy. Go back to the 90s with your self-aware, postmodernist dreck. Last good horror film was original American Werewolf in London.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2021 4:21 AM

R20 Hey! That was one of my favorite albums in high school!

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2021 4:26 AM

Not since "Howard the Duck" has Hollywood created

such a intriguing blend of reality and fantasy!

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2021 7:11 AM

This film will go down well with some mint jelly.

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2021 7:21 AM

The sheeple should love it.

by Anonymousreply 43September 11, 2021 6:25 PM

R40, don't Holla back. Girl.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2021 12:05 AM

Dear hubby cheats on his wife with a lamb. She's emotionally distraught when she discovers this but determined to love her hybrid human/animal newborn nonetheless. They both go through an emotional roller coaster in the process while trying to save their marriage.

This is pure fodder for the rabid psycho Midsommar fan girls.

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2021 12:26 AM

Just seeing OP’s post I can tell how this movie will end: Someone will kill and eat the lamb character. And the people who will gasp in the theatres are assholes who eat animals every day without a second thought….

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2021 12:31 AM

The A24 stans are already creaming their pants over this on r/Horror. Don't get me wrong, A24 has put out some great movies, but this movie looks absolutely ridiculous - and I mean that in a bad way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2021 5:07 AM

I believe the very opening of the movie tosses the bestiality trope (and accompanying snickers about that) out the window.

by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2021 5:57 AM

I GUESS a human-ungulate hybrid could be pretty creepy. There's a scene I've read about in the film "O Lucky Man" in which there's a human head grafted on to a sheep's body (or a pig's, depending on the source I've read) and THAT idea creeps me out so much I'm glad I've never seen it. The human head on a dog in the 1978 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" was freaky enough.

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]God that trailer was awful. I hate when iconic songs are reappropriated, especially when these ham-fisted hacks think that by doing it, they're being sooooo fucking clever/edgy.

Agreed, this looks totally lambe.

by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2021 7:47 PM

This looks as intriguing as Night of the Lepus.

by Anonymousreply 51September 24, 2021 8:00 PM

I thought this was about Mariah Carey's stans.

by Anonymousreply 52September 24, 2021 9:19 PM

The real question is where would Lamb want to be in The Human Centipede

by Anonymousreply 53September 24, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]The real question is where would Lamb want to be in The Human Centipede?

Why, in baaaaaaaaaahck of course.

by Anonymousreply 54September 25, 2021 12:35 AM

I hope the actors have the chops.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2021 5:58 AM

Why did one sheep's throat open up like the Thing at 1:52 in the trailer? Are these monster alien sheep?

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2021 8:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2021 2:19 PM

Trust me, the ending will be predictable. The lamb will be slaughtered in some awful way and consumed. Big shock.

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2021 3:02 PM

I give it two hooves up!

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2021 4:32 PM

I'm game.

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2021 2:07 AM

91 % on RT

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote]Any relation to Black Philip?

That horny devil sure spreads his seed around.

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2021 2:41 AM

It's not really a horror movie at all although the marketing department angles it that way to get some foot traffic to the theater.

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2021 3:05 AM

More like hoof traffic

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2021 2:45 PM

This movie looks really baaaaaaaaaad.

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2021 2:54 PM

I saw the trailer before a screening of Titane, which made for quite a weird evening...

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2021 3:13 PM

Guuuurl. If I was the wife in that movie I'd be stewing.

by Anonymousreply 67October 8, 2021 5:05 PM

I saw this last night and wisely didn’t watch the trailer beforehand.

It is not a horror movie but there are some supernatural or maybe WTF elements. It’s more about loneliness, desire for human connection, etc.

They’re pushing this as horror to get people to go see a very stark, somber, quiet Icelandic meditation on grief, loss, and connection.

I’m not exactly running to see this again but I don’t regret checking it out, either.

by Anonymousreply 68October 8, 2021 7:02 PM

How could this NOT be a horror or thriller film? There's a lamb's head on a human child's body?!

What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 69October 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Spoiler here. It sounds STUPID. Bourgeois trash trying too hard to pass for intellectual enlightenment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2021 12:12 AM

*SPOILERS*

The child's father is Loki, who has a history in Norse mythology for fathering monsters. For instance he turned himself into a mare in order to mate with a stallion and give birth to an eight-legged horse, which Odin loved to ride.

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2021 9:47 PM

Blasphemy:

You mean to tell me that they couldn’t have found a BLACK SHEEP to play the lead?

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2021 9:54 PM

It got real trashing in The New Yorker, I think. Though, the review made me think it could be a future camp classic.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2021 9:58 PM

R12, ain't that the truth. Sounds just like the insufferable Anna Bogutskaya, who spent her review of Midsommar getting in a snit if the host of the podcast didn't agree with every piece of praise she threw at the film.

R17, except only The Witch was any good out of that list.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2021 10:10 PM

Midsommar was awful. You have to give credit to all the performers who slogged through that trash. It was an extremely horrible take on The Wicker Man.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2021 10:24 PM

Yeah, R75, if I'm going to watch a film like that, I'd MUCH rather go and see the original Wicker Man.

If people love it, that's totally cool, we all like what we like, but it's the attitude about it that's irritating. Bogutskaya was almost implying there was something "problematic" with the host even [italic]slightly[/italic] criticising the movie (and to be clear, he liked it too, that's how nuts her attitude was).

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2021 10:28 PM

R66, how was Titane? It’s going to be the French entry for the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2021 10:35 PM

Does the cat bite it? If so, I refuse to watch it. It seems like the only sane one.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2021 10:37 PM

I had a look up at the types of movies A24 has produced and my god, they really seem to be trying their best to take the fun out of the movie experience (in my opinion). So many of those movies sound miserable, and the ones I have seen HAVE been miserable.

This reviewer saw the film. She calls it "odd" and says that there are parts where everyone in the theatre was laughing at the film and she doesn't think people will be able to stop themselves at certain parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2021 10:54 PM

They always market A24 movies as horror movies and they’re never horror movies.

They’re usually slow and arty and so A24 makes them look fast paced and crazy to get people to watch them.

I always fall for that trick but end up loving the movies.

I loved Midsommar by the way.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2021 10:57 PM

Amatuer.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2021 10:59 PM

The Witch is the only one on that list I liked, and I thought the performances in that were great.

I really didn't like Hereditary, though I know it's very popular.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2021 11:00 PM

I just read the plot of Titane and it sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2021 11:01 PM

Do they serve it with mint jelly? That's my favorite way to do lamb.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]I loved Midsommar by the way.

What exactly did you 'love' about it? This film was too long, extremely predictable, repetitious etc. It was basically an expensive student film. The idea wasn't even original, it taken from a much better film, The Wicker Man. The original Wicker Man.

I just knew the bear would be killed as well as all the students, except one. zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 85October 18, 2021 1:11 AM

I watched the Kill Count video of Midsommar last night, never being that interested to see the full movie. The guy who makes those videos is really fun to watch and I appreciated his enjoyment of the movie. But yeah, it doesn't seem like the type of thing I would like myself. All the 'break up of a relationship' and 'men treating women horribly' stuff would just depress me, and the movie isn't that much short of 3 hours by the look of it.

Also, he said that the village they go to is four hours north of Stockholm. Why on earth wouldn't they have been raided by the police by now? I suppose that's a question you can ask in a lot of instances, but it stands out to me here.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 9:07 AM

While I enjoy lamb, I just don't see how it would be practical to serve at a movie theatre. Popcorn, nachos and candy bars can be messy enough. Imagine holding a hot, juicy lamp chop in one hand and a giant Diet Coke in the other. And what about the mint jelly?

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 9:21 PM

I watched this movie last night and actually liked it. I'm a little perplexed by the opening scene in which the couple are in the house on Christmas eve and have a candle in the window as if they were expecting something to happen. A visitor, perhaps?

A strange film, yes. But glad that many of the speculations on this thread did not come to fruition. I actually found the lamb-child more adorable than most children.

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2022 9:35 PM

Glad I rented this crapfest instead of buying it.

by Anonymousreply 89March 6, 2022 5:01 AM

^So it was pretty shit, huh R89?

by Anonymousreply 90March 6, 2022 5:09 AM

Silly film. Saw it in an empty cinema months ago.

by Anonymousreply 91March 6, 2022 5:10 AM

Total waste, R90. Couldn’t pay me to watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 92March 6, 2022 6:42 AM

I finally got to see LAMB. It was, of course, an allegory, and, that in many instances, karma will eventually come and bite you in the ass.

The film was beautifully shot, atmospheric and the cinematography was gorgeous.

I just knew Maria killing Ada's mom would cause some terrible consequences. Don't fuck with Mother Nature! I never assumed the husband was fucking the lambs. That would have been too easy and predictable.

This film was much better than the truly awful Midsommar. Now, that film was a total waste of time, it was an overly long rip-off of The Wicker Man. Hereditary was morbid and creepy and not in a good way.

I did enjoy The Witch, if only Black Phillip made a guest appearance in this film!

by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2022 12:42 AM

This film is making me hungry.

by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote]I finally got to see LAMB. It was, of course, an allegory, and, that in many instances, karma will eventually come and bite you in the ass.

Was it a fundie nutbag festival?

"Lambs" in allegory are usually references to jesus or at least have undertones of innocence, sacrifice, repentance.

by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2022 1:25 AM

I can't wait for the sequel.

Mutton, starring Sarah Jessica Parker.

by Anonymousreply 96May 22, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote]Was it a fundie nutbag festival? "Lambs" in allegory are usually references to jesus or at least have undertones of innocence, sacrifice, repentance.

WTF? Fundie? Does everything have to be political or religious?

Defining something as an allegory doesn't necessarily mean, whether it's a book, novel, poem etc, is tied to religious beliefs. Look up the word, too lazy? The definition is below.

Here's the Oxford Dictionary definition of an allegory:: "The Oxford English Dictionary defines “allegory” as a “story, picture, or other piece of art that uses symbols to convey a hidden or ulterior meaning, typically a moral or political one.” In its most simple and concise definition, an allegory is when a piece of visual or narrative media uses one thing to “stand in for”.

The killing of the lamb/human's mother caused terrible repercussions for the woman and her husband and even for their beautiful smart loyal dog. This film was basically a morality tale.

The human mother was obsessed with mothering the lamb/human hybrid because her own baby/child had died. The film never revealed how her child died. There was a scene where the woman visits her child's grave.

I knew something bad would happen when the woman killed the lamb/human's mother. I call what happened to the woman 'karma'. However, two innocents were destroyed by the woman's actions, her husband and their dog.

Some of the explanations of the film, at IMDb as well as professional reviews, were absurd. To me, the film's meaning was extremely clear and easy to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 97May 22, 2022 12:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!