Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Burstyn Returns For New “Exorcist” Trilogy

Now bring back Linda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2022 12:53 AM

I’m sure Blair can’t be far off from joining. I’m guessing the Odom character priest will seeking advice from Ellen and hopefully Linda from a different possessed child for each film?

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2021 7:51 PM

R1 for a ^^^

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2021 7:54 PM

Exciting! Can't wait...

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2021 8:09 PM

They'd better hurry up. Ellen's no spring chicken.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2021 8:11 PM

FUCK JASON BLUM’S TACKY ASS.

This means the Fox Excorcist with Ben Daniels and Alfonso Herrera is less likely than ever to get a Season 3 😭

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2021 8:14 PM

I hope Ellen is paid fat for this but will she know she was paid? Will she know she’s on set? And Linda? My got, they’ll have to do some serious renovation to make that train wreck presentable on screen. Start paying for her acting lessons now. Get Susan Batten.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2021 8:58 PM

Can Kitty Winn’s fiery death in The Heretic be ignored as canon so she can make an appearance?

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2021 9:07 PM

The power of cash compels you!

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2021 9:13 PM

Yet another remake/reboot. How original.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2021 9:15 PM

Ellen's 88 so they better film all of her scenes first.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2021 9:19 PM

Use me! Use me as an extra! Please!!!!! I'm available!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2021 9:26 PM

Got a part for a faggy man of the cloth who plays a dandy tune on the ivory keys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2021 10:52 PM

I hope it's decent if they're getting Burstyn back. But, Linda kinda peaked as an actress in the 70's. The last interview I saw with her she seemed so bitter. Really don't have good feelings about this.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2021 11:06 PM

My guess is they will plot all 3 movies out and have Burstyn do her scenes ahead of time. They said the first movie won't even be released until 2023.

But pay her now!

I wonder who her heirs are? Don't think she had any children.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2021 11:09 PM

She has an adopted son, r14.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2021 11:12 PM

Could be great.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2021 11:15 PM

Linda just put out a statement saying she hadn’t been contacted yet.

This could be great but only if they get Linda back. Ironically, Ellen wouldn’t even return for the second film.

This is a direct sequel to the first. They need Regan. Maybe she’s a nun now who can help. That character deserves a better ending than the second film!

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2021 1:04 AM

Yeah, her character can be named Sister Superfreak.

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2021 1:06 AM

Exorcist III was a direct sequel to the first and it was fantastic. I actually like it better than part one. I love part one but part three and the nurses station has stuck with me whole life.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2021 1:10 AM

Will Eileen Dietz be back as Pazuzu?

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2021 1:14 AM

I think the entirety of The Heretic should be explained away when Burstyn’s character mentions it as being a recurring nightmare while she was in a coma.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2021 4:24 PM

They better get someone or some software that can make a real demonic voice. The one used in The Exorcist tv series and the other films was hilariously bad.

There is such an uproar over Linda not being cast that I think they’re going to have no other choice but to work her in. They’ll probably put out some statement that they were still in early development or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2021 4:41 PM

I hear Ellen is just burstyn at the seams to have another go around with Satan!

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2021 4:58 PM

So the new possessed girl is black. The demon needs some new tricks because if he tries talking dirty again, people will just think she's rapping.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2021 5:01 PM

Ellen's probably at that age where she's realizing that her major film legacy will be The Exorcist much like Jamie Lee realized about Halloween. It's nice that they're embracing it. I do hope they start filming ASAP considering Ellen's age. She still seems spry and healthy, but at that age, you never know when your last day will be.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2021 5:02 PM

In this version, Linda Blair gets possessed by the spirit of Rick James.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2021 5:03 PM

Plot: Ellen has to rescue Linda for the clutches of Oui magazine.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2021 5:05 PM

Is Ellen playing the demon?

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2021 5:06 PM

Holy shit, she looks exactly the same!

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote] So the new possessed girl is black. The demon needs some new tricks because if he tries talking dirty again, people will just think she's rapping.

Sorry, I know it's offensive, but it's true: most people will think it's just an extended video for "WAP."

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2021 5:36 PM

Ellen has no shame over The Exorcist. She just didn't want to be in the shitty sequel, especially when they had no idea what they were even going to do and were signing people up first and then developing the idea. Blair claims she signed on only because she read the script and thought it was really good, and that they re-wrote it after she was signed. That's bullshit. She was always on board.

Plus, Burstyn had a horrible injury on the first film that caused back problems for her for years, so she was likely reluctant to put herself in a similar situation.

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2021 6:05 PM

Story must be decent if she signed on.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2021 6:11 PM

Did Ellen sign away her points on the franchise back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2021 6:21 PM

They should have combined The Exorcist and Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore into one sitcom. Lavin would have been even more perfect for it.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2021 6:24 PM

R31 Friedkin didn’t direct the sequel, so it’s unlikely John Boorman (E2 director) would ask her to do a stunt like that again. And I’m sure she would’ve told him hell no anyway. She wisely stayed away from it, knowing you can’t top the first one. They’re probably offering her a nice wad of cash to do these three. She works constantly. They won’t be as good as the original, but I’m anxious to see her in the new ones.

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2021 8:26 PM

Will DL have an "Ellen Is Getting An Oscar!" unhinged troll, like the blithering "JLC Is Getting An Oscar!" troll after the reviled H2018?

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2021 8:29 PM

Linda Blair’s tittys jigglin while demon thrash her

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2021 8:34 PM

BUT JUDY GREER IS TOTALLY GETTING AN OSCAR FOR HALLOWEEN KILLS!

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] So the new possessed girl is black.

No. Nothing has been stated. It could be a boy.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2021 2:36 AM

There’s a theory that Linda is on board and this is a Blumhouse marketing gimmick. The statement placed against an image of Linda put out looks all professional. Not her standard stuff and she’s just announced that her first official Exorcist t-shirt is coming out. Blumhouse wouldn’t contact Ellen without Linda. It’s not how they roll. They know what fans want and that’s how they operate. They’ll keep a lid on this for months.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2021 2:38 AM

Blumhouse isn’t going to put all their chips on an 89 year old when the original star is out there far younger and is synonymous with the franchise, not to mention that this is a direct sequel to the original like they did with Halloween. Linda’s been cast.

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2021 2:39 AM

I wish The Exorcist tv series had been on Netflix or HBO or something so it would have gotten more attention. I really liked it; one of the few network series I’ve watched in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2021 5:10 AM

But Ellen still has cachet. Linda? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2021 7:48 AM

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2021 7:51 AM

R23 I love you 🤣

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2021 7:57 AM

R41 I’m sure Linda will be in it but they’re not selling her as the face of it! She’s known as being a real flake and a bad actress. They need Ellen and if she dies they can say Pazuzzu killed her.

by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2021 8:13 AM

Who is Ellen Burst?

I've never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2021 8:53 AM

[quote]Ellen's probably at that age where she's realizing that her major film legacy will be The Exorcist much like Jamie Lee realized about Halloween.

What an absurd comparison. Burstyn is a triple crown winner. Curtis is a scream queen.

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2021 11:26 AM

Color me...intrigued.🤔

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2021 11:52 AM

Is it fair to say Father Dyer won't be asked back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Linda has been effective in The Exorcist, Hell Night, and Savage Streets. She might just need a good director, because she's been laughably awful in many other projects. I'd be curious to see how they'd utilize both her and Ellen in this new trilogy. They must have some sort of brilliant outline if they got paid that insane amount of money for it.

I didn't care for Green's last Halloween film at all, but maybe he'll win me over with the other two installments of that trilogy.

Speaking of that, when is he supposed to start shooting these? He still has to film Halloween Ends this fall. I assume he'll begin work on The Exorcist immediately after?

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] What an absurd comparison. Burstyn is a triple crown winner.

I knew I should have put money on her in the Kentucky Derby!

by Anonymousreply 52July 28, 2021 8:58 PM

If Ellen is in, I'm in. She always makes interesting choices.

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2021 5:41 AM

They’d better get this show on the road. Ellen’s not getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2021 3:50 PM

This is going to be a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2021 6:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 2, 2022 7:09 PM

I'm psyched. I know the series got good reviews but I was bored after episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2022 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!