Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rumor: Donald Trump Jr. intrigued by Kimberly Guilfoyle replacing Meghan McCain on 'The View'

Meghan McCain is departing imminently from "The View," and the Daily Mail is reporting that ABC is looking for a "Trump Republican" to replace the conservative co-host who was often critical of the former president.

The three names floated in the tabloid's report are former Fox News and NBC host Megyn Kelly, firebrand Candace Owens, and Kimberly Guilfoyle, former first lady of San Francisco and Fox News host who's currently working on the campaign of controversial Missouri Senate candidate Eric Greitens. Guilfoyle's work with Greitens has reportedly drawn Trump's ire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2021 3:32 AM

The Daily Mail reported that ABC tried to hire Guilfoyle on three separate occasions while she was at Fox News, but it is unclear whether the network would still hire her now given that she was reportedly outed from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. The Daily Mail also reported that co-host Joy Behar — who got into several shouting matches with McCain — is freaking out behind the scenes because the new co-host could be well to the right of McCain.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 11:05 PM

Not very easy to find, mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 11:06 PM

Guest host Ana Navarro is vying for a permanent seat on the morning talk show, but the insider claims she won’t get the job because she was a vehement Trump critic, and the show is eager to attract a co-host who supported the former president, the insider said.

“We need to hire a Trump Republican to reach more of the available audience at home,” the insider said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 11:07 PM

The producers like fights and headlines. I'm not watching it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 11:09 PM

Guilfoyle was let go from Fox due to sexual harassment promoted by Guilfoyle. It would be unethical for The View to hire her. Plus the show would take a very dark and ugly turn.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 11:11 PM

R4 Nether am I. Or at least I’m not going back to it. I already stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 11:12 PM

I understand wanting a Republican view-point , but when will the tRump "republican" just die? Bat shit crazy should not belong in any political party in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 11:14 PM

Just replace them all with: Kellyann Conway, Jeanine Piro, Megyn Kelly, Jennie McCarthy, and Anne Coulter.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 11:16 PM

It's one thing to have a Repig or Trump-supporting panelist (however gross) on The View. However, it's quite an ugly and disgraceful move to have a Trump family member (which Guilfoyle essentially is) on the panel. Disgusting

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 11:16 PM

...and occasionally they could have Bill Maher on for an on-camera bukkake circle spray.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 11:17 PM

R3 “We need to hire a Trump Republican to reach more of the available audience at home,” the insider said.

There is no available Trump-cult audience at home because they will never switch the channel. They're not allowed by their dear leader and too fat to grab the remote control. Tomorrow: Donald Trump Jr. in talks as new James Bond. (Daily Stürmer presents every week another one.)

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 11:18 PM

Why is it people STILL have to keep talking about Dump when he’s not even president anymore?! Quit giving him attention! The View is pathetic if they can’t let go of this Dump shit.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 11:18 PM

Why not just have tag team jello wrestling on The View?

One one side will be Whoopi and Joy and on the other side would be Guilfoyle and Candace Owens.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 11:19 PM

are they crazy? in a few months they are going to be like lepers and no one will want to go near them.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 11:20 PM

Why do they hire based on politics? The show started out covering regular frau issues. It was lighthearted. Cut this political crap. This isn’t Nightline.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 11:20 PM

R12, Trump controls the GOP. He’s also a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 11:20 PM

Disgusting. If they did this, not only do I wish Joy and Whoopi would walk but every A-list Hollywood celebrity would refuse to appear on the show ever again.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 11:21 PM

AMERICA WOULD LOVE TO SEE KIMBERLY GUILFOYLE DANCE HER WAY ONTO THE VIEW!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 11:23 PM

Can you imagine meeting the two-headed monster at OP on an unlit street?

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 11:25 PM

R16 Then whey the fuck do they need someone from his circle on the show? Again, quit giving him attention!

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 11:25 PM

Catlyn Jenner?

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] Then whey the fuck do they need someone from his circle on the show?

Huh? Republicans = Trumpers. It comes with the territory now. They adhere to his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2021 2:01 AM

I don’t know of anyone with taste that watches this shit anyway.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 2:09 AM

What r23 said. Why would anyone here care who's on The View? It amazes me that DLers are watching ladies television at that time of day. Even if you're retired, that's what you're going to watch? If they want to put Kimberly Gargoyle on, more power to them.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2021 2:11 AM

A lot of us do not watch the show, R24, but it should still anger you if MSM continues to legitimize these garbage humans. They shouldn't be given a platform. These are genuinely vile people. McCain shouldn't have even been given one. She's a bigot and a racist, as is her husband. Theyneed a Republican who understands that Trump's type is destroying the country.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 2:17 AM

Candace Owens seems the most likely since she cares mostly about the money and can temper her opinions accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2021 2:43 AM

She also inspired a terrorist in NZ, R26. Why are you acting as though she isn't a Klansman in blackface?

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2021 2:46 AM

There is only one person worthy of that spot: Brendad Ickson.

Or, maybe two: Brendad Ickson OR Kirstie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 2:47 AM

Last week, my father asked me to type a letter to Don Jr that invited him to fly in to visit him at his business (a small company he owns) and discuss how dire the world is and how they could fix it. Some nonsense like that, I told him HELL NO, but it is concerning that he would think any of the Trumps would be interested in meeting their supporters. I told him they are crooks and only want his money, nothing more. He said "you're probably right, but make a draft of it at least" (he does not use the computer). I told him HELL NO. It is sad as he is in his 80's and losing touch with reality. I fear it can only go down from here.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2021 2:51 AM

If they are serious about Kimberly, their green room coke budget will skyrocket.

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 2:55 AM

I agree with R25. Hell, if they're willing to sink this low, why don't they just skip Kimberly and hire Melania?

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2021 3:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!