Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothy Hutton Cleared of Rape Allegations - Damage Done?

Now that the authorities have found no reason to investigate further or press criminal charges against Timmy, what happens next? Will his career of TV dramas and nonsense indie films ever recover? HIs lawyers say they're going to pull a Hulk Hogan on BuzzFeed, which started the whole thing by running the unverified information and basically killing his career for the fun of it.

Not many people know it, but a big reason why Tim was never a bigger star after his Oscar win was a holding deal he was under with MGM. They wanted him to make some bullshit cowboy movie, and told him not to take big projects in the meantime. So he waited and waited, and MGM eventually had to admit the movie was cancelled at their request. He sued them for lost wages (because by the late 80s, his career trajectory was basically set in stone), and got $10 million out of the bastards. This arguably caused some of the major studios to steer clear of him, and surely jaded him about the business.

I wonder if he'll win his next big lawsuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2021 5:15 AM

No idea he was even accused… so I’m guessing his career, as it is, is fine.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 9:44 PM

He was so good-looking back in the day. Granted, other actors have aged worse, but he looks older than 60.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 9:46 PM

I feel the way I’ve always felt about him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 9:50 PM

Maybe his stable of gorgeous ex-girlfriends fucked the life force out of him.

-Uma Thurman -Kim Cattrall -Mary-Louise Parker -Demi Moore -Diane Lane -Patti Davis -Sandra Bernhard (whyyyy?) -Rosanna Arquette -Angelina Jolie -Melissa Gilbert -Jennifer Grey

Plus he was married to Debra Winger, who surely beat him on the daily.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 9:53 PM

Isn't Lauren Hutton his Mom? And isn't he heir to the E.F. Hutton fortune anyway?

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 9:56 PM

He was in the Netflix version of The Haunting of Hill House and his acting was atrocious. He doesn't deserve a career regardless of these allegations.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 9:57 PM

Rondo Hatton was his grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 9:59 PM

He looks like a crossing guard in Harrisburg, PA.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 10:02 PM

@R5

His dad was a hunky B-movie star in the 70s who named his youngest daughter "Punch," and his mom was an illustrator of miniature books. Seriously, she did that for a living. Buncha weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 10:03 PM

I like Timothy in "Daniel" (1983, hard to find), "Iceman" (1984), and "The Falcon and the Snowman" (1985). Those were some of the first "grown-up" movies I saw as a tween. Before that, my life was all about "Airplane", "Star Wars", "The Muppet Movie", "Caddyshack", "Superman II", etc.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 10:13 PM

He was sexy and hilarious as the wiseass sidekick on "A Nero Wolfe Mystery." Tall, funny, and a good swing dancer.

You arty queens surely remember that show, from back when A&E showed dramas and not reality trash.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 10:16 PM

Buck would have never been accused.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 10:19 PM

I haven’t seen him in anything since Ordinary People.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 10:20 PM

I saw his bare ass in Made in Heaven, and again in Kinsey.

It was better in the former. Pink and perfectly shaped.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 10:33 PM

So Betty Hutton isn't his mom?

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 10:35 PM

No, he's not related to any famous Huttons except his dad, Jim.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 10:36 PM

I bet he could get a part in a Kevin Spacey film.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 11:04 PM

I saw him and Amanda Plummer making out at Barrymore's in 1981. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 11:32 PM

He’s discussed in the call girl expose “You’ll Never Have Sex in this Town Again” as constantly pressuring his girlfriend to have sex with him and his best buddy (who she hated.)

Finally she got so sick of it she locked Hutton out of the room and had loud, long sex with the friend… while Hutton pounded on the door the whole time and demanded to be let in. She said, “I don’t know what you’re so upset about. You kept wanting me to fuck him… and I did!”

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2021 1:58 AM

Yeah, I read that story. The flooze who wrote it was a lousy writer, and described dialogue that no real person would ever say out loud. "Would you like to try a Quaalude? If you love me, you'll do it for me!"

She also said he took her to movie premieres that she clearly did not attend. You can look that shit up. He took Liz McGovern, Diane Lane, etc. He didn't take some hooker to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2021 2:04 AM

[bold]#iStandWithHooker[/bold]

Of course she’s not a good writer. She’s a failed actress turned hooker. I think it’s true, though, or she would have been sued.

It’s been a long time since I read it - is that section by the starlet who was on Falcon Crest… then got fired when Lorenzo Lamas broke up with her?

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2021 2:12 AM

Gurll!!! "someone aged badly"

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2021 2:14 AM

When did he start looking like Dr. Seuss?

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 2:20 AM

He's ripe for a job starring in a shitty Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2021 2:22 AM

Didn't Angelina Jolie tattoo his name on her arm after they went on one date?

That was before she started carrying around a vial of her man's blood.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2021 2:29 AM

He will be fine, since no one had any reason to believe anyone accusing him. Accusers should find better targets.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2021 2:35 AM

He went from wearing a Speedo in the movie he won an Oscar for to this.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2021 2:39 AM

He's lost his "Leverage" gig because of the allegations. The entire cast was brought back for the reboot and Hutton's character was killed off-screen.

[quote]I wonder if he'll win his next big lawsuit.

He's been talking about suing her since March of last year. If he really wanted to sue her he would have done so in 2017 when he, instead, came to a settlement agreement with her for 135k. She ended up not taking the deal because she wanted to sue him. In between that time or before it her ex-boyfriend tried to shake down the other guy she claimed was there when she was raped. The whole thing's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 2:42 AM

False accusations of rape need to come with an equivalent sentence to actual rape.

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2021 2:43 AM

Maybe that r19 chapter is by hooker Liza Greer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2021 2:48 AM

He’s a creep and I believe her. I do not believe all allegations, but this one I do.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2021 2:55 AM

People making false accusations need some gullible people to get some traction, and there are always some around.

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2021 8:11 PM

Tim's father, Jim, was on a three or four part episode of One Day at a Time. He played Julie's boss, they fell in love, wanted to marry (he was WAY older than Julie). Of course Ann Romano threw a fit.

by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2021 8:20 PM

Maybe young Timothy Hutton was traumatized by seeing Ann Romano slap his dad - and if he mistreats women today, that’s why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2021 2:08 AM

He's just too sensitive a guy to fit the rapey profile. All his press from that era (arguably the height of his career) show him to be a well-mannered, soft-spoken young man who had a string of famous/beautiful girlfriends but never dished on any of them. He also picked a lot of dour, oddball roles that he surely knew were squandering his limited spotlight, yet he made those movies anyway because he liked the scripts and directors. He doesn't seem like a guy with an ego, or much of a dark side. Contrast him with the famous women in his life - Aggressive Debra Winger, Whackjob Angelina Jolie, Vulgarly-Open Sandra Bernhardt - and you'll notice he always comes out of those dalliances respectfully and quietly. None of those women ever accused him of mistreatment, and they're not the sort of women who hold back juicy dirt on their exes.

I don't believe the hooker who says he love-pressured her into taking ludes and hate-fucking his random friend, and I don't believe the woman who says he loosely raped her when he was 22. It simply doesn't suit his personality. For forty years, he's shown himself to be a sensitive guy who can tastefully handle loving beautiful and powerful women with ease. Either he's telling the truth about himself, or he's the greatest actor of all time. And given his IMDB list lately, we know that can't be true.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2021 11:36 PM

R33 even for One Day at a Time that episode (or episodes) is so nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2021 11:41 PM

R36, it's a FOUR part episode! LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2021 12:40 AM

Tim once did a Disney teen movie where he played a David Cassidy ripoff who rescues a tiger from a rich hunter's gun.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]Maybe young Timothy Hutton was traumatized by seeing Ann Romano slap his dad - and if he mistreats women today, that’s why?

That was Julie Ann slapped; I understand how one can make that mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2021 12:50 AM

Ann Romano also slapped Alex!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2021 12:51 AM

I only slapped one cop, but you don't hear me bragging!

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2021 12:56 AM

Ann needed anger management classes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2021 2:13 AM

I've only heard lousy things about Tim Hutton. Something tells me that anyone who marries Debra Winger has a rancid personality to match hers.

Does anyone say nice things about him?

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2021 3:17 AM

R43

He divorced her, so their personalities clearly didn't match for long.

Debra only ever gives interviews where she bitches about all of her old co-stars, and yells at the interviewer for bothering her at all. Richard Gere was a prick. John Travolta was a prick. Shirley MacLaine was a prick. And NO, she did NOT retire, thank you very much! Debra was apparently always surrounded by awful people, and she never shuts up about it. Meanwhile, when Timothy Hutton talks to reporters, he talks about the great directors he's worked with, how lovely this or that co-star was, how fun it was to do this or that piece of crap movie. When Debra is pressed to spill the dirt on people, she gladly does so. When Tim is pressed, he declines to be that hurtful in print.

He's an optimist and she's a pessimist. They didn't really match at all. At least they got a kid out of it.

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2021 4:29 AM

Are you his mom, OP?

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2021 4:32 AM

No, I'm his 25 year-old costar/girlfriend. We met on the set of that ABC series, and he lets me blow him while his oatmeal cools off. I'm younger than one of his kids!

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2021 4:36 AM

The BCCI scandal has nothing on this one…wouldn’t you agree, Debra?

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2021 4:41 AM

He really has dated a lot of famous women. Add Mary-Louise Parker, Uma Thurman and Elizabeth McGovern to the list. He was with McGovern when he presented her Oscar category which she strangely chose not to attend. She never got another one. She should have gone. (Was filming Once Upon a Time in America in Europe at the time.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2021 4:43 AM

Instead of juries or judges in rape trials, they should just have OP assess whether the accused "seems like" a rapist or not.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2021 4:47 AM

R49

As opposed to the current system, where the "average American" decides a person's innocence or guilt before even knowing the most basic facts of a case? Look how many of you think he's guilty just because he looks old, or looks like he smells. Don't act like you're not also making a snap judgment based on your own feelings.

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2021 5:10 AM

I'm just appalled that he was in Canada. I mean Vancouver? Can you imagine? Fine if you are a rich Chinese person looking for real estate but otherwise stay away.

by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2021 5:12 AM

R43 interestingly (and somewhat surprisingly) however, she seems to have a pretty stable, low key personal life - married to Arliss Howard (I don’t know much about him admittedly, but he seems like a pretty stable low key type) for at least 25 years if not more, lives in the Catskills, etc. So maybe she did “grow up” to some extent. She’s still her cunty self in interviews, however.

by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2021 5:13 AM

oops forgot to sign r51. That was me, www.goop.com of course.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2021 5:13 AM

R52

The only time she was justifiably cunty with an interviewer was when that winking butthole Andy Cohen tried to get her to dish and/or play along with his dumbass cutesy games on that fucking show of his. She wasn't having it, and his head was too far up his own ass to notice she was pissed at him. He just kept on going. Surprised she didn't slap him.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2021 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!