Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Comedian Paul Rodriguez fallen on hard times?

I was going to start a WHET thread, then I found this from Nov. He used to be big time A-list comedian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2022 7:33 AM

He's also a Trumper if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]He's also a Trumper if I recall.

Yep.

Fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 9:43 PM

How is he different from George Lopez and Paul Reiser?

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 9:44 PM

I didn't read the article, but if his income came mostly from touring, then yeah I could see how 2020 would have taken him down. If he wants to come back instead of lemon farming maybe switch to some anti-Trump stand up would work out better for him. Seriously Paul, read the room.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 9:48 PM

He also gay-bashed in his act, and plagiarized to boot. Sam Kinison said "how does a guy look at another guy's hairy ass and fall in love?" Rodriguez only changed the words slightly. "How does a guy look at another guy's furry butt..."

So yeah. Fuck him. Good luck with your Fresno lemons, Paul.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 9:48 PM

He wasn't funny 30 years ago, and comedy doesn't improve with age, no matter how much Gary says it does.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote]How is he different from George Lopez and Paul Reiser?

Riser was better looking when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 9:51 PM

He is part owner of the Laugh Factory. Celebrities are not broke like the rest of us. If he is really hard up he can sell his farm and his share in the Laugh Factory

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 9:51 PM

Wow. He used to be a somebody back in the 80s and early 90s. Oh well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 9:54 PM

The home he bought his parents wasn’t insured. How fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 9:56 PM

His IMDb shows he has worked a lot. Not sure what they mean by hard times.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 9:57 PM

Bitch, go farm those lemons—but you can’t make lemonade standing by Orange.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 9:57 PM

Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 10:00 PM

His "comedy" became more angry and political, particularly when the George Lopez show was canceled. I don't know what it is about ABC sitcom stars; their sets seem to become a breeding ground for entitled, substance abusing, right wing malcontents.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 10:42 PM

Here's the intro to his short-lived ABC sitcom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote] Comedian Paul Rodriguez fallen on hard times?

Why the question mark, OP? The second sentence in your linked article clearly reads:

[quote] But the funny man who calls Fresno home has fallen on tough financial times.

Not a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 11:05 PM

He still has the land, even if you believe this sob story. I don’t. But even if it is true...what do you expect when you champion fascism in a democracy where people have died to protect it? He is a disgrace to all the slain veterans who died for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 11:09 PM

When life gives you lemons...

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote]His "comedy" became more angry and political, particularly when the George Lopez show was canceled.

And he thought becoming a Trumper would help things? Wow. Some people are just too fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2021 1:13 AM

Maybe he couldn't tour during the pandemic, but how does a guy like this not have a lot of money socked away? At a certain point you are not the hot new act and you can't count on a continuing income stream from working, or not that much of one anyway. Is this really a mystery?

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2022 12:52 AM

I never found him funny. He can suck those lemons.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2022 7:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!