Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do I get rid of personal internet commercials?

It has gotten out of control!

I was shopping this morning on Amazon, Teleflora and International Jock... as one does in the morning. After exhausting my fingers and purse, I found myself lounging on the patio and enjoyed watching the Sandhill cranes dance and ducks swim in the backyard pond while savoring my favorite french press coffee. I so enjoy a strong Arabian medium grind all through the day. A long chocolate biscotti would be tastefully delicious about now. I wonder which flavor for the moment? Chocolate or almond?

Oh yes! How I digress. After that wonderful morning of coffee and daydreams, I then check into Facebook and what do I see in adverts all over the place? I see ALL of the same items I was looking/purchasing during my morning shopping spree. Is nothing sacred? How do they do this? Do I have to clear all my cache or is it worse than that? I cannot have my purchases at International Jock flying about for everyone to see!

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 6:25 PM

There are these things called ad blockers. The name kinda gives it away what they do.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 5:50 PM

Ask Putin

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 5:50 PM

Op, you worked so hard on your little story. Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 6:00 PM

Ad blockers don't shield you from Facebook beacons.

Your options, OP, are browser-specific. I run Firefox on a Mac, and I use an extension called Facebook Container. It allows you to silo yourself completely, with the option to activate Facebook beacons when you wish. No idea why you'd want to, but...

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 6:10 PM

there's an addon called Facebook Purity. Removes ads ad anything else you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 6:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!