Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I don’t feel like leaving the house

I haven’t left the house in 4 days and I really have no desire to.🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 9:22 AM

I am exactly like you but I leave it once a day and have to force myself to do so. I have seen enough of this town already and am totally listless to where I get nothing on my to do list done. If it wasn't for my roommate pushing me out the door, I would stay in a lot more. However, once out, I feel better.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 12:56 PM

If it is too hot, I’m that way, but we have a lucky spate of delicious cool weather right now. I can’t stay in the house

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 1:00 PM

I haven't left the house since June 18th. The last time before that was May 21st for my second dose of Moderna. Before that, April 23rd for the first dose. Before that, November 7th for my dog's echocardiogram.

I have no desire to go out, though the dog will need another echo soon.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 1:11 PM

And the shitposts go on.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 1:13 PM

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I have become a hermit.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 1:27 PM

My desire to go out pretty much diminished when this fucked up pandemic started tbh with you. Before that I was travelling all over the world and absolutely loved it. Now Im just idly standing by hoping and waiting for some normalcy to return with travelling where you don’t have to isolate and take PCR tests doubling the cost of the trip.

I do go for walks most days to get some exercise. Grocery shopping and appts I’m still doing when I need to.

But this pandemic is really getting to me and I can’t wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 1:28 PM

That explains the support for endless lockdowns on here. Datalounge is filled with shut-ins and their plight seems relatable now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 1:36 PM

yup, clearly DL attracts the antisocial

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 1:49 PM

OP = Fatty

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 1:56 PM

I feel like I've become habituated to staying at home all day since the pandemic and I hate it. It takes real motivation to go and do things - but I've got to do it, cuz this isn't the life I want.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 1:59 PM

Sounds to me like these are people who are complaining about having become shut-ins due to the pandemic R7. Sure some of their pre-pandemic memories and stuff don't sound like they were and nobody on here wants a lockdown hence the pro-vax stance.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 2:01 PM

R10 - I am the same. I want the 2019 me back. Hell, I came home only to shower and sleep.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 2:02 PM

One way to start, I found is low-stress, casual and go for coffee and groceries. Talk to a few people (I talked to a lady at the local travel agency because we always did a stop and chat before and she told me how her company is doing now, how she is now off Xanax (pandemic, business and death in the family made her super anxious) and took a weekend at a local B&B. Gave me the motivation to go abroad a few days.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 2:04 PM

R8 But Im not antisocial this ….God dammed …fucking pandemic forced this shit upon me. I was the life of the damn party before this fucking shit show started.

So you can’t really label certain people who feel this way when most of the damn world has been living like shit for damn near 2 years now.

Not to mention all the fake ass fucking people whom you thought were your friends!

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 2:45 PM

R12 - I hear you - I feel like my brain has gone to mush somewhat and my motivation is just non-existent.

It's like people who retire who have no plans to keep them busy - but worse, because nothing was open and there was literally nothing to do.

The worst part is my partner is constantly busy - that's just his personality. Makes me feel lazy AF.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]But Im not antisocial this ….God dammed …fucking pandemic forced this shit upon me.

you're a paranoid then, I've gone out and socialized - like had coffee in a park with a friend - every single day this week.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2021 2:55 PM

[qquote]So you can’t really label certain people who feel this way when most of the damn world has been living like shit for damn near 2 years now.

well, honey bunny, you're only making it worse by sitting alone and pickering on the DL

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2021 2:56 PM

Actually I was feeling pretty good after my Covid vaccination and the mask mandates were lifted.......but now with the Delta virus surge and new mask requirements on the horizon .....it's looking like it will be a replay of last year.....it's depressing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2021 2:56 PM

I am glad I was able to go on vacation with friends in June, and saw my family in April and May but I am basically back on lockdown. I get out for walks and work in my garden and after work and on weekends I am pretty content to hang out at home. I used to have friends come stay at least one weekend a month but haven’t since February 2020.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2021 3:16 PM

Same boat as a lot of you. Mental health has kept me from working. Husband works from home full time. I Have almost no motivation to do anything. Still trying though. Have to walk the dog every afternoon. I do yard work, although I should be out there more, we moved into this house before the pandemic and the yard needs a lot of work. I am also doing what some of y'all are: little outings. Out to grab a coffee & other small things. There's a beloved cheese shop a few blocks from me and they have FRESH cheese curds every Friday, I might wander over in a bit.

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 3:42 PM

I live in NYC and had to leave the apt for a doctors appointment yesterday. I was shocked at the number of tourists wandering around the city. Most of them were families. And don’t ask how I know they were tourists. You can always tell. The city is populated with workers again and the subway was quite crowded. It’s like everything is getting back to normal but I still have no desire to go out and socialize. I’ve become quite content staying at home.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2021 4:01 PM

Most people where I live are acting like the pandemic is over and delta isn't a concern. I'm the only one masked when out in public and my state has less than 40% of adults vaxxed, meanwhile our numbers are going back up, so I do have a bit of anxiety about getting Covid even though I'm vaxxed. It's the unknown long-term neurological effects that scare me.

So yeah, I'm out more than I had been for a year+, but nowhere near back to normal and won't be until things take a turn for the better.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2021 4:48 PM

[quote]And the shitposts go on.

Nobody forced you to read it you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote]Most people where I live are acting like the pandemic is over and delta isn't a concern. I'm the only one masked when out in public

Well, our government told us that we didn’t need masks anymore if we’re vaccinated, so what do you expect? Obviously there are unvaccinated people not wearing masks too, but the point remains the same.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]I am exactly like you but I leave it once a day and have to force myself to do so. I have seen enough of this town already and am totally listless to where I get nothing on my to do list done. If it wasn't for my roommate pushing me out the door, I would stay in a lot more. However, once out, I feel better.

This is my biggest issue. I have lived in this stupid town for decades and I’m over it. I’ve seen and done it all. I would move if I could but I can’t afford it right now, especially with housing prices through the roof at the moment. I simply feel like there is nothing to look forward to. I try to run my errands all in one day a week so that I can spend the rest of the time home. Plus it’s too fucking hot. I think I’ll feel a little better once it gets cooler outside.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2021 8:51 PM

R25 - where do you live?

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2021 12:25 AM

I'm not antisocial, I am asocial. This isn't a new thing, and predates the pandemic - by many, many years.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2021 2:33 AM

R25 - yes, but it is also a mental thing. I went to Paris ffs and still didn't feel the same rush of excitement as I did back in 2017...I feel a heaviness and lethargy I haven't felt before. There's a film festival and I can easily afford a lot of the food and dining here but I just don't have the interest. Same with my roommate...doesn't feel like putting on makeup or clothes to go out though she has shit from Paris. It's just a generalized state of not wanting to go out at all. Just want to stay in all day. 100% understand and we were both the hypersocial types and now just stay most of the day. If it wasn't for guilt because we need to keep in some shape, then....house.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2021 9:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!