Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Cheesesteak Murder

All of Philly is basically the 700 level at the Vet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 10:02 PM

Ahhh, the city of brotherly love.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 12:05 PM

Of the 10 largest cities in the US, Philly currently has the highest per capita murder rate, beating out even Chi-town.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 12:15 PM

Pat's or Geno's?

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 12:21 PM

Link for my post @R2, so when the deranged Philly supporters show up on the scene and claim my assertion is a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 12:23 PM

I don't think either of those iconic hoagie shops are in the best neighborhoods in the first place, and even in a good neighborhood I'd hesitate to hang around a fast food place at 1 AM on a summer night.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 12:28 PM

The Cheez Whiz made him do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 12:30 PM

Both shops are located in the Italian Market area of South Philly, R5, a relatively safe area. Property crimes far outnumber crimes against people there.

The story is two yahoos, one an Eagles fan, the other a Giants fan, got into a heated argument at the shop, then a gun was drawn and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 12:42 PM

Typical Philadelphia behavior.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 4:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 6:51 PM

The killer was from Reading, which has its own messes.

So this was NOT a Philadelphian who did this. But it’s still an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 7:52 PM

If it were a Philadelphian, he would have waited until the guy's back was turned before shooting him.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 8:02 PM

He’ll probably be declared a hero & given a key to the city. Because….Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 8:26 PM

New on FX this Fall: It's Always Bloody in Philadelphia

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!