Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paper Moon (1973)

I love this movie. I watched it together with Norma Rae and thought what great movies were made in that period. Do you like it? I am fascinated with American roadmovies.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 12:28 PM

I LOVE Paper Moon., GermanGayGuy. I was 13 when it came out and I asked for the soundtrack for my birthday. How could my parents have NOT known I was a little faggot? And Ryan O'Neal made me tingle down there. And Madeline Kahn was priceless. And P.J. Johnson as Imogene was FAB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2022 7:34 PM

One of the best film monologues EVER - and much of it was adlib. Madeline Kahn was a comic genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2022 1:09 AM

C'mon...no DL love for Paper Moon???? This should be a slam dunk!

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Did Norma like it too OP?

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2022 3:00 AM

American classic. I remember being excited that Tatum won an Oscar because I about the same age. I guess her father Ryan was less than thrilled to be upstaged by his own daughter. She was fantastic in this film. Kahn was great, as well. And P.J.Johnson as Imogene.

Addie Loggins : Imogene, what do you suppose Miss Trixie'd do if somebody offered her $25 to put out.

Imogene : Ooo Wee! You crazy? For that much money, that woman'd drop her pants down in the middle of the road!

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 3:06 AM

What is Tatum up to these days? I continue to root for her. She’s had a rough life.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2022 3:07 AM

Thank you, RossIsBoss! This was one of the first "grown up" movie I ever saw...I was 12 when it came out...I came out not long after that...

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 3:15 AM

Reply 1, The Depression era song is great, too.

What does the Paper Moon mean? Despite this flaw, photos sitting in a paper moon had meaning because they were taken with a loved one. This concept, that life and all it contains is false until love is added, influenced the popular song It's Only A Paper Moon. Say, it's only a paper moon. Sailing over a cardboard sea. But it wouldn't be make-believe, if you believed in me.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 3:17 AM

There are many great period songs in this picture. A couple of ones I also like are "Sunnyside Up", "Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee" and certainly "Georgia (On My Mind)".

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 3:23 AM

Peter Bognanovich directed the 1971 film, "The Last Picture Show". Solid film. "Paper Moon" was even better, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 3:28 AM

Am I really RossIsBoss?

Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 12:06 PM

WHET GGG?!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 12:09 PM

One of my favorite movies of all time.

The performances, the direction, the cinematography that so accurately captured the bleakness of the 1930s Depression era.

And of course, Madeline Kahn as Miss Trixie Delight, sitting up front with her big tits.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 12:14 PM

Is Greg GermanGayGuy?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 12:19 PM

[quote] Is Greg GermanGayGuy?

🤫

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 12:25 PM

I always loved the guy who played the hotel clerk that Addie used to set up Miss Trixie.

He was nerdy hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 12:26 PM

“Oh she ain’t real sick, she’s just havin’ her ladies time”

P.J. Johnson deserved a supporting actress nomination. It’s damn impressive to steal scenes from Madeline Kahn

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 12:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!