Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I went out to a club last night, for the first time in 16 months.

Pretty much everyone has gained weight, but I had many people asking me about antidepressants (I am a RN). The same people that used to be the ‘life of the party’ types are now fighting depression. Multiple hot people told me that they haven’t had sex in ages. It has hit us all hard. I feel terrible saying it, but it made me feel better seeing the extroverts and hot people struggle too. I felt weak for drinking and eating too much for the last year and a half. I now am comfortable knowing that we are all human...we all struggle.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 5:03 AM

Cool story young Corey Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2021 12:45 AM

So YOU'RE the one who put up the billboard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2021 12:47 AM

So...Ugly duckling feeling super glad that the swans now have broken wings ? You sound super toxic OP, the swans was probably talking to you only because they want to score some Lorazepam anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2021 12:48 AM

Why are Americans such fucking drama queens?

For the last 18 months, Americans have been asked to shelter in place in the comfort of , refrain from doing stupid shit, wear a mask, social distance and otherwise exercise extreme caution when around other people.

From OP's piece, you'd think he and his friends had just survived the sieges of Stalingrad AND Leningrad, AND the destruction of Warsaw in 1944 AND the final push to capture Berlin in April of 1945 by the Russians.

Get the fuck over it. You're not the martyrs you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2021 1:02 AM

Some of us actually have lost weight and enjoyed working from home. If you ask me, getting a break from 24/7 capitalistic whip-cracking was a once in a lifetime joy.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 1:06 AM

But did you present hole before bidding your now , lessers, farewell, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 1:19 AM

I’m a top, r6. I got very drunk. The odd thing is that everyone seems almost ‘too eager’ and it’s a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 1:24 AM

It is funny. For a brief shining moment it was an Intoverts' world. Now it is going back to the tedium of Extrovert Heaven. They'll be fine soon. The rest of us will do what we've always done, put up with them and their tiresome world.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 1:32 AM

R7, too eager for what, exactly?

JFC. People have been locked up for a year and have been living under extraordinary circumstances for over a year.

Of course people are eager! Especially those who beca e a bit more fearless and authentic with who they are and what they’re about, without the usual inhibitions, previously deemed socially required for an air of mystery, which only served in preventing them from being their true selves.

Ask any of them if they actually gave a shit about what turned you off, when they were so genuinely gracious and happy to see you! Ain’t no one concerned about looking a tad desperate when reuniting with friends again. 👫

Self love and self loathing are two VERY powerful, yet separate things, OP. Choose either, or don’t.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 1:35 AM

I kind of know where you’re cumming from. My therapist at the roller disco advised me not to cry out loud and to keep it inside and to learn how to hide my feelings. What’s different is then we sniffed a line of cocaine and 69ed.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 1:36 AM

Ahh, yes, R10.

Life’s rolling past me fast AF, too. Therapist on wheels or no therapy on wheels - everyone gets slower as life rolls faster, and faster. You’re right. We’re all just going in a huge circle in this roller disco called life.

PS - Snort a fat one on my behalf, young buck 👩‍🦼

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2021 1:47 AM

“I’m a top, [R6]. I got very drunk. The odd thing is that everyone seems almost ‘too eager’ and it’s a turn off.”

It must have been like watching Animal Kingdom at the bar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2021 2:39 AM

Nothing captures the hubris the COVID era as much as this statement:

"Multiple hot people told me they haven't had sex in ages. It has hit us all hard."

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2021 4:09 AM

OP = Nurse Diesel

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2021 5:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!