Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How does a thread on DL stay in the top 15 threads when there are only 30 or so responses?

This happens all the time, threads with 100 replies will generally be the first I see when I come to this website. But often, as I scroll down from the top, there will be a thread 30 or so replies that stays on top of this website all day, sometimes for multiple days. I’ll hit refresh but it’s still there with its same sad 30-ish replies. I'm just wondering, because I find it very odd. How and why does DL do this?

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 5:38 AM

Muriel's inscrutable algorithms.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 10:50 PM

Well it's all about the timing of the responses, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 10:54 PM

I think they get bumped to the top base on the time of the latest response, not the number of replies, no?

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 10:57 PM

OP here - it's the same 30 replies. No change.

Case in point the white guy who beat up the black autistic guy has had 32 replies all day but it's one of the first things I see.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 11:00 PM

R3, red dragon. Correct.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 11:01 PM

OP, you're telling me you don't know how to make a thread sticky on DL?

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 12:35 AM

Pray tell, ^^how do i make my threads sticky^^ ???

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 3:35 AM

Cum on your keyboard R7

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 5:31 AM

You walked right into that one, R7

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 5:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!