Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A man hospitalized with COVID-19 told CBS: "I'd rather be sick than get a shot"

A Louisiana man who contracted COVID-19 and wound up hospitalized said he would rather be ill than get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Scott Roe told CBS News as he lay in a bed getting supplemental oxygen at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge.

The father and small-business owner recently caught COVID-19 and developed pneumonia, but he said he still would not have gotten vaccinated if that meant he could have prevented the infection.

"I would have gone through this, yes sir," Roe, who said he's a Republican, told CBS News' David Begnaud. "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat."

When Begnaud asked what was being shoved, Roe said, "Their agenda is to get you vaccinated."

US health officials have deemed the coronavirus vaccines available in the country safe and effective.

Each of the vaccines approved for emergency use in the US is effective in preventing COVID-19 - especially severe illness and death - and reduces the risk of people spreading the virus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But vaccine misinformation and hesitancy have caused vaccination rates to stall. Health officials and politicians have urged people to get vaccinated as the more contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus spreads.

Rochelle Walensky, the CDC director, said on Friday that 97% of COVID-19 hospitalizations were unvaccinated people.

"There is a message that is crystal clear: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Walensky said.

Louisiana is one of several states battling a surge of coronavirus cases fueled by the Delta variant circulating among unvaccinated people.

Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center has more COVID-19 patients than any other hospital in the state, CBS News reported, adding that it admitted 23 patients in 24 hours over the weekend.

Paula Johnson was another COVID-19 patient at the hospital. She's also unvaccinated.

"I have no comorbidities, nothing, never had a lung problem. Don't smoke, nothing. And it took my lungs and just ... I don't even know how to explain it," she told CBS News. "It's like trying to breathe in and hitting a wall in like a second."

Johnson, a pharmaceutical researcher, said she now wants to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"I'd say get the vaccine, take the chance, it can't hurt, all it can do is alleviate some of the symptoms, even if it doesn't keep you from getting it - it will at least help you get through it," Johnson said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2021 8:15 PM

How fucking retarded can you be? Jesus Christ. Is it something in the water there? Too many toxins from the oil industry?

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 6:16 PM

If he's had a serious enough case to be hospitalized, doesn't he have a fair amount of immunity instead? Not agreeing with him at all, but still...

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 6:19 PM

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what's going on in this country.

If you are a Republican, the leadership is basically telling you that anything a DEMOCRAT thinks is beneficial for people, is BAD.

That's why so many are still unvaccinated.

It is completely political.

Democrats say up, Republicans say down.

Democrats say good, Republicans say bad.

This has nothing to do with logic.

It's simply IGNORANCE.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 6:19 PM

I'm a gym manager, I'm healthy, I'm on oxygen. GO FUND ME???!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 6:19 PM

Too bad this happened before he reproduced. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 6:20 PM

Take your hateful, ignorant stubbornness to the grave asshole. So sorry for his fucking kids.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 6:25 PM

The stupidity is epic.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 6:27 PM

Assholes like this need to be thrown in solitary with no medical assistance. Let’s see how he likes that. LA taxpayers will end up paying for most of his medical care. If they don’t believe in medicine, they shouldn’t get any medical care.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 6:28 PM

For all you wondering why people refuse the vaccine there is your answer, they don’t want the government to tell them what to do. Being free is more important than their health or the wellbeing of others. Pure selfishness.

I don’t give a fuck anymore about these idiots, let them all die.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2021 6:30 PM

When the last guy was president, Dems voted 100% for TWO Covid relief bills. When President Biden took office, NO republican voted for his COVID relief bill.

Dems were ready to get an infrastructure bill under the former president who kept promising it but never proposed anything. The GQP might squeeze out the 10 necessary to get an Infrastructure bill passed but I wouldn’t bet on it. Thankfully, Dems are ready to pass that one and their own through reconciliation.

Dems are always willing to get shit done. The GQP has let the country rot for 40 years while all the money goes to the rich.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 6:31 PM

They’ll never admit that they were wrong. Even if it kills them.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2021 6:31 PM

Hospitals should have a policy to protect staff and fellow patients. Anyone who passes through the doors as staff or as a patient will be tested and vaccinated if they have not already been.

Otherwise, no entry, no job, no treatment. Fuck on off with you and die.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2021 6:32 PM

Maybe we should just ban straight people.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 6:33 PM

Interestingly, even when told that GOP Rep Steve Scalise got his vaccine and supports vaccinations now, the hospitalized guy said it didn't convince him.

The GOP unleashed this and cant control it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 6:36 PM

So what can we do about this.

This.... willful ignorance.

"Yes I can get COVID because I'm not vaccinated."

"Yes I will end up in the hospital and require treatment."

"Yes, I will probably infect others in my family and in the community."

"Yes, it will cost taxpayers millions of dollars."

"NO, I will not be vaccinated. Because Republicans tell me not to get vaccinated and that it's a big hoax."

This is what we're up against.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 6:37 PM

Except that Republican pols are recently actively in favor of shots (for economic reasons).

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 6:40 PM

On the governments dime of course. How repig of him.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 6:48 PM

They should have flung his Deplorable ass out on the street.

Let him die there.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 6:49 PM

The entitlement of these animals is simply off the charts.

If he were a black, or latino, or from some other poor or disenfranchised group, not only would he NOT have been in the hospital, but he probably would have died from his symptoms, while homeless on the street.

But because he's a white Republican male, he received ALL the benefits of the system, and more.

And then he said "FUCK YOU" as repayment.

Oh, but 'aint that America?

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 6:51 PM

You can't fix stupid. But sometimes you can kill it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 7:03 PM

Did these idiots never get a DPT shot when they were kids?

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 7:10 PM

Many people don't trust the vaccine. Its that simple. Look at France, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 7:11 PM

R22, but why? They've been fed alot of misinformation by conservative factions. In the US, the GOP and their ilk have led the charge

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 7:14 PM

Our Lady of the Lake. A new Patron Saint for DL. Tie 100# ankle weights to his sorry ass, throw him in and end his stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 7:18 PM

Typical southern redneck asshat. Let him die.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 7:19 PM

I hope he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 7:23 PM

This will drive up insurance costs for everyone.

Can the purposely unvaccinated be excluded from coverage for COVID hospitalization costs?

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Now that he survived Covid, I'm guessing that he will become even more indignant about not becoming vaccinated.

And he'll tell all his friends, too.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 7:25 PM

And many of these fools can't afford health insurance...AND they're against universal healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 7:26 PM

Why do rednecks always have goatees?

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] Why do rednecks always have goatees?

It's the laytest fayshun, R30!

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 7:33 PM

Oh baby, I love that sexy goatee soaked in beer sweat. Mmmm GOP mating signal ahoy.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Nothing would please me more than an update that this piece of shit has died.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 7:36 PM

Because they are typically chinless, r30

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 7:38 PM

R27 I stepped in to say the same thing. No vaccine, then no insurance coverage. They can leave the hospital bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 7:39 PM

I didn't get the vaccine because I'm a Republican.

2024- Get Covid, own the libs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 7:42 PM

He should be considered a biological weapon.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 7:47 PM

Damn, the moron at R36. And they'll give him superior care because he's a goddamn politician.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 7:50 PM

He said he would rather be sick than get the vaccine. Would he rather die than get the vaccine? Would he rather spread the virus to his family and friends than get the vaccine? Would he rather they die than he get the vaccine? What the hell is wrong with him, and why is he such a dumb, inconsiderate piece of shit who doesn't understand logic, how the virus is spread or how deadly it can be? Why does he not care about himself or anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 7:57 PM

R39 to own the libs lol

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 7:59 PM

Let. This. Fucking. Asshole. DIE.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 8:01 PM

Get back to us when you’re on a ventilator, chief.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 8:04 PM

Man if I were a health care professional and had to deal with people who refused to take the vaccine because of the reasons this bozo was expressing, I'd cut back their treatment in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote] He said he would rather be sick than get the vaccine. Would he rather die than get the vaccine? Would he rather spread the virus to his family and friends than get the vaccine? Would he rather they die than he get the vaccine? What the hell is wrong with him, and why is he such a dumb, inconsiderate piece of shit who doesn't understand logic, how the virus is spread or how deadly it can be? Why does he not care about himself or anyone else?

Republican politicians created this monster.

Now Democrats and other people of conscience are left to clean up the mess.

As usual.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 8:31 PM

As Dump eloquently stated at the 2016 Vegas Convention, " I love the poorly educated"!

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 8:35 PM

the republicans already convinced their base that they shouldn't get the shot. The base is going to stick with what they were first told. it's too late for the idiot repubs to try and convince them now.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 8:43 PM

I guess a few of these yahoos finally realized they were killing off their voting base. A tad late I might add.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 8:45 PM

interesting that this thread is producing so many “let him die” replies. When I said I didn’t care about the health of the vax deniers on TVOTN’s dreary Covid post I got called a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 8:46 PM

R48 These people know the risk, it's on them if they die.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 8:50 PM

R48, the problem is, not only could they get it, they endanger everyone around them

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2021 8:53 PM

When Covid was killing primarily people in the urban North and it became evident Black and Latinos were disproportionately among the dying, the Trump White House and Republican Party said, "Great! Let it rip!"

They were probably counting on people like that idiot at OP's link to rationalize being collateral damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2021 8:54 PM

"I would have gone through this, yes sir," Roe, who said he's a Republican, told CBS News' David Begnaud. "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat." When Begnaud asked what was being shoved, Roe said, "Their agenda is to get you vaccinated."

Ummm, NO.

Their agenda is to keep you OUT of the hospital so that no one is required to shove a breathing intubation apparatus down your throat, fuck-face.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote] "Their agenda is to get you vaccinated."

Yes, their agenda is to keep you and your family healthy. Is that so horrible?

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 8:56 PM

I bet if the reporter asked him if his corona would’ve killed him, would that be better than getting vaccinated, he would’ve said yes.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 8:58 PM

I know so many people that had mild cases, like said they'd had worse colds and a year later they are shells of themselves. Breathing difficulties, no energy, extreme forgetfulness, a few of them don't read anymore because they can't understand a fucking book. Then there are the ones who can't taste food and it's been 9 months. Why in the fuck would you want this?

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 9:04 PM

Back in the 50's, everyone was verified of polio and ran to the first available polio vaccine as a gift form God. I got double dosed, first the Salk vaccine by needle and then the later oral Sabin vaccine. Everyone else did too. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 9:06 PM

/terrified not verified

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] Back in the 50's, everyone was verified of polio and ran to the first available polio vaccine as a gift form God. I got double dosed, first the Salk vaccine by needle and then the later oral Sabin vaccine. Everyone else did too. What happened?

FOX News happened, R56.

Rupert Murdoch happened.

Donald Trump happened.

And now we're here.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 9:09 PM

Why do all these sad sack right wingers always talk about shoving something down their throats?

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 9:13 PM

I'd like to shove some good ol' -fashioned BLEACH down that asshole's throat. Jesus PETE!!!

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 9:16 PM

He seems very proud of himself.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2021 9:17 PM

I’m going to file for a patent on breathing tubes that whistle Dixie.

I’ll be rich, y’all!

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2021 9:29 PM

r58 While that's true, I think we've been in a slide since Vietnam and Watergate. Before the late '60s, there was pretty much universal trust in science and our government institutions. The '50s were a time of great conformity, borne out of the successful effort in winning the war. But the upheaval of the '60s, and the events that followed gave rise to a lot of distrust of the government and institutions in general -- and also led to the massive growth of people who believe in pseudo science and conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]For all you wondering why people refuse the vaccine there is your answer, they don’t want the government to tell them what to do. Being free is more important than their health or the wellbeing of others. Pure selfishness.

True, but I remember as a kid people acting as if being told that they couldn't smoke wherever they wanted or had to wear a seatbelt was some gross injustice. None of this is new.

When I see guys like this, it makes me wonder where those "angel of death" healthcare workers that you hear about occasionally that randomly kill people just for kicks. There is an asshole in room# that they might want to visit.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2021 9:40 PM

Send him the bill then.

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2021 9:50 PM

Republicans are defiant contrarian assholes.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2021 10:02 PM

When you think you know more than the doctors, it is simply proof you don’t know Jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2021 10:09 PM

This guy is behaving exactly as you would expect someone like him to do. If someone is so defiant about getting vaccinated, they are not going to give in once they are in the hospital. If anything, they are going to dig in their heels. That’s why the doctor who claimed all her previously defiant Covid patients were suddenly spouting regrets on their deathbed does not sound believable.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2021 10:16 PM

His choice. I’m fully vaxxed. If he doesn’t want it—that’s his choice. I still wear my mask and get looks. My choice!

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2021 10:17 PM

Hope he gets it again.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2021 10:19 PM

He chose not to get vaccinated so the hospital should tell him to go home and walk it off like a true 'Merican man.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2021 10:24 PM

I hope he coughs so much his rectum prolapses and oozes fecal matter in the seat of whatever protestant mega church he goes to, disgusting his Karen so much that she takes a lover with a huge Dominican cock.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] I still wear my mask and get looks.

Because the mask doesn’t hide the other 400 pounds?

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2021 10:26 PM

Do you think our country will turn blow now that these people are dying off?

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Shana, they bought their tickets. I say let em die.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Why is CBS giving this fucktard a platform to spread his stupidity? While their at it, why not interview the drunk driver in the ICU who also killed a family of five and let him tell us how he "ain't gonna wear no seatbelt just 'cause the gubmint says he has to!

Do we really need to hear the opinions of every idiot that would be happy to die and kill others along the way just to own the libs?

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2021 10:34 PM

^they're

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] a few of them don't read anymore because they can't understand a fucking book.

For these MAGA assholes that won't make any difference compared to their pre-COVID lives.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2021 10:39 PM

So this idiot doesn't mind working the doctors and nurses overtime (who have been doing so for the past year-and-a-half), endangering the medical staff, taking up a hospital bed from someone who might need it, passing along to a family member, co-worker, etc.?

Shove what down his throat? "The science" as the reported asked? "Their agenda" the patient responded. Yes, it is the government's agenda and place public health and safety as a priority. No one is taking anyone's freedom. By not taking the vaccine, the patient is actually limiting his freedom by becoming dependent on the hospital, medical staff and the government that is likely paying for him to run up very expensive hospital bills and causing insurance rates to go up for others who already got the vaccine months ago.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2021 10:41 PM

Just DIE already!

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2021 10:41 PM

What's his "small business"? Meth cooking?

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2021 10:41 PM

R63, it’s not the fault of the sixties. The government then actually was constantly lying about the Vietnam war, and was illegally surveilling US citizens, among other things. Over the subsequent decades, conservatives were able to leverage their *own* dishonest and illegal conduct to argue that people should hate the government—a bitterly ironic outcome.

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2021 10:47 PM

That is….suspiciously specific, R72

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2021 11:08 PM

Terminal stupidity

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2021 11:14 PM

They’re literally shoving oxygen down his throat.

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2021 11:23 PM

These fools have some sort of Trumpian like delusion about getting Covid (or any other illness) being a sign of weakness. If they get it and don't die, it reinforces the notion in their pea brains that they're some sort of invincible Alpha males.

by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2021 11:30 PM

I really think Delta is going to sweep through evangelical churches like the plague, and we're going to find out that "kids rarely get it" isn't the case with Delta and whatever comes next.

And every single one of these goobers will post a GoFundMe at the first sign of a cough.

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] Do you think our country will turn blow now that these people are dying off?

I haven't turned blow since the 1980's!!

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2021 11:38 PM

To those morons like this idiot who say Covid is nothing more than a cold or the flu...to some, yes it is. To others, it knocks you on your ass for weeks or months. To the unlucky, you may end up with permanent lung damage. To others, you just die. To others, you spread it to your family and they die. Take the vaccine, morons.

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2021 11:44 PM

It will be fascinating in a few years to see how many of these longhaulers ended up permanently disabled. I wonder if owning the libs will have been worth it to them then.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote]It will be fascinating in a few years to see how many of these longhaulers ended up permanently disabled.

And on the government tit -- even more than they already are.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2021 12:54 AM

I wish he had died.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2021 3:24 PM

I don't wish him death... yet. I wish that he spreads this entirely preventable virus to his unvaccinated (probably, unless she went behind his back) wife, and then their unvaccinated children (again probably, unless she went behind his back). I want him to watch them come down with the disease, and one by one, die. Slow, painful and very, very expensive deaths, putting him in the poor house forever. I want to watch his business collapse, and he has to declare bankruptcy and spend the rest of his miserable life in debt up to his eyeballs. I want to watch him lay off his entire staff because he can't pay them, and can't pay their health insurance (ha! as if) anymore. I want to watch him suffer long-haul Covid-related problems, and in a few years, alone, broke, and very, very sick, [italic]then[/italic] he can die.

This is his choice. And in America, he's free to make it.

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2021 3:42 PM

On a lighter note, does he think he's fooling anyone with that toupee?

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

Haha.

Nicely done, R93!

by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

I think it's his real hair, R94.

Rofl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2021 3:46 PM

For me, it's always about the selfishness of taking the bed and time of medical staff due to his ignorance. The world would in fact be a much better place if he weren't a part of it.

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2021 3:51 PM

Throw his dumbass out on the street if he thinks Covid is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2021 3:54 PM

Who cares at this point? I don't care about the anti-vaxxers. They're not normal.

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2021 4:00 PM

R59 I feel kinda embarrassed to admit this, but some rednecks can be kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2021 4:06 PM

What a dope.

by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2021 4:10 PM

I hope the ignorant Mr. Roe's co-pays and deductibles on this hospital visit are enough to ruin him financially.

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2021 4:13 PM

Can someone find out if he's actually on medicaid or does he have insurance. I want to know who is paying for him.

by Anonymousreply 103July 23, 2021 4:18 PM

Louisiana resident, I work in a cubicle farm, w no masks and low vaccination rate. Although I am vaccinated, I feel vulnerable at work. So frustrating!

by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2021 4:33 PM

R104, why do you remain in Louisiana when it is rife with so many problems?

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2021 4:33 PM

Can you imagine how much different things would be right now if the orange idiot had gone ahead and died of COVID? Two birds, one stone.

by Anonymousreply 106July 23, 2021 4:34 PM

When are they going to realize he government isn't forcing any of this fuqutards to do anything...Those of us who are free thinkers and not the brainwashed deplorables have made an informed decision to get it. No one put a gun to our heads.

The same people who hate any kind of government assistance to those in need shouldn't get shit if they get it

by Anonymousreply 107July 23, 2021 4:34 PM

Family, cheap cost of living , and my career is here, I do agree ,,, May need to consider leaving this state.

by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2021 4:35 PM

I really just want to secede from those states and I'd happily pay for people like R104 to relocate.

by Anonymousreply 109July 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Their body, their choice.

by Anonymousreply 110July 23, 2021 4:45 PM

[quote]Their body, their choice.

Always good to get an idiot's point of view.

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2021 4:47 PM

R110, and it's our choice not to pay for it. The way the GOP defunds Planned Parenthood, I shouldn't have to pay for any anti-vaxxer's medical care

by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2021 4:49 PM

"Heh heh," chuckled the lambda variant waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2021 4:55 PM

I mistakenly posted this in the "99 problems but a vaccine ain't one thread" but intended it for this dick head's thread:

Like Trump and all Republicans since the Newt Gingrich era, this clown has been brought up to believe that being a white male entitles him to know more about anything and everything than anybody else. His entire belief system is based on "white makes right" and that pointy head intellectuals and Spiro Agnew's "effete corps of impudent snobs" on the East and West Coasts aren't real men and aren't real Americans. Like his stupid Confederate ancestors, he'll go to his grave thinking his way is the only, absolute right way.

Sucks to be you, doesn't it, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote]I would've gone through this, yes sir.

This deplorable redneck is doubling down because he thinks he's out of the woods. But I've heard of cases where people who seemed to be getting better suddenly take a turn for the worse and die.

If the 'rona happens to boomerang straight up his ass, you'll see no tears from me.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2021 5:20 PM

I am perfectly ok with the dullards getting delta and dying a horrible death.........if they are not smart enough to see the value of vaccinations, then they should not be reproducing and voting anyway..................

by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2021 5:47 PM

While it's easy to say we shouldn't care if they are vaccinated or not and to let them die, the problem is that as hosts for the virus, they make it stronger and we get more variants which will eventually render the vaccines useless.

We need these idiots vaccinated for our own safety.

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]Their body, their choice.

Muh freedoms!

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2021 5:51 PM

I really don’t understand “survival of the fittest.” In order for this theory to work, wouldn’t this bozo have had to have died before his procreating years or before he could have reproduced?

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] Their body, their choice.

Not if I have to pay for it, you fucking CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] Not if I have to pay for it, you fucking CUNT!

That’s exactly the sentiment of the Hyde Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2021 6:41 PM

R114, so true! Are we the only country on the planet where being an intellectual and getting an education is looked down upon? It certainly started in the Nixon generation. I believe it all stems from the fact that college-educated students were protesting the war. They were labeled by Nixon and Agnew as elites who hated their country. Couldn’t be further from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2021 6:50 PM

A conservative talk show host who said 'you're probably safer not getting' the vaccine is now seriously ill with COVID-19 and his family is asking people to 'PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2021 7:09 PM

R122, I wouldn't say the "country" feels this way. It's a single party pushing a warped ideology that feels this way. We have to stop pretending we don't know precisely who thinks this way. It isn't the left/Dems.

I know we have complete idiots here who attempt to claim that AOC is the counter to MTG or Cawthorn or every other idiot clown on that side, but you seem to mistake your issue with her beliefs with her intelligence. She clearly understands how the laws and congressional procedure works. Meanwhile, the GOP has a fucking imbecile who doesn't know the three branches of govt - and beat a brilliant civil rights' attorney. That's all you need to know about a certain ilk in this country. Garbage humans.

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2021 7:11 PM

Haha R123.

Can't wait to change his Wiki page to DECEASED!

So long, motherfucker!

Enjoy hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2021 7:12 PM

It's amazing when you see all of these fucking Republican politicians suddenly change their tune and act all exacerbated over the unvaccinated like they didn't fucking cause this by lying for over a year about how dangerous this virus was and turned this into a political issue 'cause "Mah Freedumbz!" A virus doesn't give a fuck who you voted for or that you would lick Trump's ass clean given the opportunity. They only see you as a potential host, you imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2021 9:47 PM

F*ck you!

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2021 9:56 PM

I do hope there will be a follow up interview and coffin dance at the graveside.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2021 11:17 PM

Ain't no cure for the Maga Hillbillies...My ex (who was always GOP) has gone full on Trump Q......He told me about how he was going to be forced by "Sleepy Joe" to take the vax shot and until that happens he refuses to get vaccinated...He has also fallen for the "Kamala is running the country" conspiracy theory....He really lost it. Insane. I just cannot believe people have gone from Conservative Republicans to Insane Qanon Loony Toons.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2021 11:50 PM

Send the Q idiots to live in Qatar. Somebody make a rumor that Q wants them to live in the Q paradise of Qatar.

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote]It's amazing when you see all of these fucking Republican politicians suddenly change their tune and act all exacerbated over the unvaccinated

I don't think you know what "exacerbated" means.

by Anonymousreply 131July 24, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote]I just cannot believe people have gone from Conservative Republicans to Insane Qanon Loony Toons.

Lol, really? Makes perfect sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] I just cannot believe people have gone from Conservative Republicans to Insane Qanon Loony Toons

It wasn't a very far trip.

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2021 1:37 AM

LOL, R131. I'm so thoroughly embarrassed. I actually do know the difference.

Exasperated*

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote]Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center has more COVID-19 patients than any other hospital in the state

My first cousin has been a nurse @OLOL for 30+ years. She's retiring next month, and I will be so happy when she's finally done. Too many fucking idiot patients, nurses, doctors, and paraprofessionals around her refusing to be vaccinated.

I'm sure when she sees patients like the asshole @OP's article my cousin feels sorry for them, because she's a wonderful human being. But if it were me, I would heartily wish they would take the place of the mother and middle sister Covid took last summer before vaccines were available. They did EVERYTHING right, yet still caught the virus, suffered for months, and died. At Cousin's hospital--she had to watch her little sister die, then her Mom.

I'm sorry, but I wish people like Scott Roe would suffer and die, because when they get a reprieve, instead of thanking their good fortune and stopping the madness, they fucking DOUBLE DOWN on it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2021 2:35 AM

Great posts R93 and R135. ITA with both of you as to what I want to see happen to this guy and those evil assholes like him. I know people too who did everything right and still got it and died and I know several people who were fully vaccinated and got it and died recently. I would bet they got it because of being near some unvaxed fucker without a mask.

I'm fully vaccinated but still wear 2, 4 layer, masks any time I leave my home, even for a minute. I can't imagine ever going out without a mask on again.

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2021 2:40 AM

I know several people who were fully vaccinated and got it and died recently.

by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2021 3:06 AM

R136, really died after having the vaccine ? No way!

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2021 3:30 AM

I do know someone who died of Covid after having been vaccinated (great guy, too). They’re not sure if he got it before the second shot had a chance to fully provide immunity, or if his autoimmune disease (he was born with it) contributed. He did everything right too—masked up, etc. I know the odds were very small so I still have tremendous confidence in the vaccine to protect me but I’m masking up in closed places.

by Anonymousreply 139July 24, 2021 2:44 PM

Having a serious underlying health condition with COVID can cause your symptoms to be worse and lead to death.

A local woman known for singing the national anthem before the hockey games is currently hospitalized due to COVID but she has MS which is likely making it worse. She publicly stated that she would be dead if it was not for her vaccination and has urged everyone to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2021 2:59 PM

R137, this is r136 in the *BREAKING - L.A. County ORDERS Face Masks Mandate For Everyone* thread:

They were different ages R102. One was mid 30s, 1 late 40s, the woman was 50 something and one was 62.

I'm plenty scared, believe me. I'm back to only leaving my apartment when absolutely necessary. Being in the elevator with no more than 2 feet between me and the next person, many of whom no longer wear masks thanks to the damn politicians, and I'm talking about the Dem ones in my state, city, fucking country, and the CDC that I think were told to tell everyone to take off their masks to make the economy look better for Biden.

Between the crazy Trumpers who won't wear masks and the Dems who want to make it look like everything is improving I think we're never going to get out of this pandemic. Hearing about my neighbors has freaked me out beyond any other point in this pandemic. I'm terrified.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2021 3:11 PM

[quote]"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Scott Roe told CBS News as he lay in a bed getting supplemental oxygen at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge.

When he gets the bills from his hospital stay he may change his mind.

by Anonymousreply 142July 24, 2021 3:18 PM

So, r136, with all of those people around you dying, has it occurred to you that *you're* the common link? You're a regular Typhoid MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2021 3:19 PM

Will he even get bills? He's from a shit red state where they'll all conservatives who whine about liberals with their hands out, yet their fucking state has every appendage out for government money.

by Anonymousreply 144July 24, 2021 3:20 PM

they're all*

by Anonymousreply 145July 24, 2021 3:20 PM

He’s from Louisiana and he just looks dumb.

by Anonymousreply 146July 24, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]On a lighter note, does he think he's fooling anyone with that toupee?

I don't think that's a toupee, I think it's one of those "systems."

by Anonymousreply 147July 24, 2021 3:38 PM

R141 Idiot nobody was saying remove masks to make the economy look better for Biden. Things dramatically improved once we got shots in the arms of over 100 million people here thanks to President Biden. It was almost summer and people, seeing the great news, were ready to ditch masks. The science said ditch masks. What happened to change things? The stupid fucking republicans who won’t listen to any sense like the guy in OP’s story and the Delta variant. The Delta variant was a game changer. It is not to be fucked with. So, masks are necessary now but not in every place. Some areas are over 70% vaccinated so why the need to wear a mask?

by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2021 7:19 PM

I hope he has long covid so he gets his wish again and again.

by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2021 8:25 PM

The guy is a dumb as a doorbell but it kind of cute on a hot daddy sort of way

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2021 9:34 PM

Door nail

by Anonymousreply 151July 24, 2021 9:34 PM

I have a friend who is one of the "poor" in a building that actually followed the rules. She was an academic who was injured. It left her disabled and ended her career, so she was living on disability and the proceeds from a settlement .

She did PT in the buildings gym and eventually became friends with the other residents. One of the condo owners introduced her to another of the "poor" who was able to help her get a new job, which in the last 4 years became a new career.

She is off disability. But this strikes me as a very Jane Jacobs benefit of this kind of arrangement . The creation of community and connection between disparate people.

by Anonymousreply 152July 25, 2021 11:46 AM

By refusing the vaccine..he has become a Covid variant incubator....

by Anonymousreply 153July 25, 2021 1:21 PM

But why would he go to the hospital instead of going to his church and asking his pastor to pray over him for healing?

by Anonymousreply 154July 25, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote]But why would he go to the hospital instead of going to his church and asking his pastor to pray over him for healing?

He's obviously not a good Christian and just doesn't put his trust in the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 155July 25, 2021 1:59 PM

I thought the mantra of the idiot right wing was ...guns,god,and country.......if they really believed what they say they believed...he would have stayed home and let Covid run it's course......for better or for worse

What a pussy!!!!

by Anonymousreply 156July 25, 2021 2:34 PM

That's what the reporter should've asked him. If you don't believe in science and medicine, why did you come to the hospital for treatment?

by Anonymousreply 157July 25, 2021 2:42 PM

He should have gotten out his gun and shot that goddamned virus. Stand your ground!

by Anonymousreply 158July 25, 2021 2:45 PM

Well, bless his heart.

by Anonymousreply 159July 25, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]So, masks are necessary now but not in every place. Some areas are over 70% vaccinated so why the need to wear a mask?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Upon his release from the hospital, the man was heard to announce "I'm going to Disney World!"

Residents of areas which are popular tourist destinations should be masked and practicing distancing. Leave the indoor dining and drinking establishments to the visitors. Tourism is the undiscussed 500 pound killer-gorilla in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 161July 25, 2021 8:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!