Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Now the GOP supports getting vaccinated?

Steve Scalise- who hates gay by way, the devil’s brother, Mitch McConnell, and Sean Hannity are all saying get your shot against COVID. They are doing this because they are day traders who suddenly realized that the base is starting to drop dead. As long as it was killing other people it was questionable and unconstitutional. Now they are all want soylent green.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2021 3:39 PM

They suddenly realized their supporters are the ones dying.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 3:56 PM

Were they going along with the anti vax, anti mask because of trump?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 5:48 PM

Too little, too late. Too many of their followers have had the anti-vaxx rhetoric so embedded in their brains that is a lost cause for most of them. They're willing to die for their false idol Trump than to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 5:57 PM

Yes, even the conservative anti-vaxxers won't believe even the GOP politicians and talking heads

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 5:58 PM

Watching MAGAheads attack McConnell & Ron DeSantis for having the audacity to ask them to get vaccinated is my comic relief for the month.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 6:01 PM

When has Trump and Desantis ever been against getting vaccinated. Trump was against pausing the J&J vaccine and takes credit for Operation Warp Speed. Vaccine hesitancy knows no ideological bounds. The majority of those vaccinated are white while Black and Hispanic rates of vaccination remain relatively low.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 6:06 PM

R6. While he hasn't been vocally against vaccination, the second he lost the presidency, he also lost any interest in promoting vaccinations. If everyone got vaccinated, Biden would get all the credit, and Trump hates that.

So, instead, Trump has said almost nothing in support of vaccination (just once, I believe, since his loss). In fact, he an Melania got vaccinated very quietly in Jan.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote] The majority of those vaccinated are white while Black and Hispanic rates of vaccination remain relatively low.

Because whites are the vast majority, while the majority of those vaccinated are white, the majority of those unvaccinated are also white.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 6:52 PM

The market is in trouble and effects rich Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2021 6:53 PM

My gut is telling me there is massive litigation down the pipeline. Possi bly directed towards Fox, which is sending marching orders down the pipeline to their puppets like Moscow Mitch and that fat fuck Desantis.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2021 7:06 PM

To give the devil his due, McConnell, to his crest, has consistently been pro-vaccine, so he doesn’t deserve to be singled-out as a latecomer to the cause.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2021 7:24 PM

R11, but McConnell has never been a vocal promoter of the vaccine at all. Just because you quietly got the vaccine and mentioned it once publicly doesn't suddenly make you "pro-vaccine."

He has a pulpit. He didn't use it.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2021 7:28 PM

Most the GOPers and the Fox talking heads had taken the vaccine all while condemning it or, at best, saying little about it.

They're not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 7:29 PM

The government shouldn’t compel anyone to take the vaccine. It should be the advice of their doctor.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 7:40 PM

R14, No govt is compelling anyone. Unfortunately, few are taking the advice of their doctors, They're getting advice from Facebook

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 7:42 PM

R15 then they’re idiots. I was thinking through a legal point of view.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 7:43 PM

They realize that they are barely in the demographic game as it is and extra losses to their base could imperil Repuglican control of some swingish states.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 7:50 PM

The amazing thing is the Deplorables won’t get the vaccine in honor of their orange Fuhrer, but him and his entire family has long been vaccinated. Deplorables are just amazingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 7:51 PM

More Deadplorables! More! More!

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 8:03 PM

Not to mention the fact that two of the vaccines were developed as part of Trump's Operation Warp Speed endeavor, so it makes even less sense, except for those who were anti-vaxxers before COVID. They're too far gone.

The irony is that Trump was repeating the bullshit about vaccines and autism when he was campaigning in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 8:03 PM

Mon dieu! Give me strength. Isn't this what you wanted?

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 8:08 PM

Yes, but it's nothing more than political calculation. These politicians have been spreading nothing but misinformation or at least been silent in the face of it, which is no better.

Now they're irresponsible behavior has backfired, more on their sick and dying constituents than on them and they're concerned...not about their people but about their reelection.

So let's not act like these people merit some kind of commendation or medal for finally doing the right thing. They spent too much time being part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 8:22 PM

"their irresponsible behavior" that is.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 8:22 PM

It's Karma. The anti-vaxxers dying of Covid are probably the same people who were saying that AIDS was killing "all the right people" in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Not true, R12. He’s been pretty consistently pro-vaccine, particularly in the Kentucky press.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 8:26 PM

As they are saying on Twitter, somebody sent out the Bat Signal to Republicans the way they are all pushing the pro-vax line. Even creepy Ben Shapiro.

Can you imagine how bad the internal reporting must have been, (along with the stock market losses) that made most of them literally change their minds overnight?

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 8:31 PM

Please stop r25, nobody gives a shit if McConnell was pro-vaccine all this time. The issue is the man never once used his pulpit to reproach FoxNews for their lethal anti-vax reporting. Now had he done that the same way he shits all over Democrats that would be one thing. But he didn't.

And let's not talk about Mitch McConnell without name checking the power behind the aging throne : Josh Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]My gut is telling me there is massive litigation down the pipeline. Possi bly directed towards Fox, which is sending marching orders down the pipeline to their puppets like Moscow Mitch and that fat fuck Desantis.

Now that it's too fucking late and the mortuary refrigerator trucks are filling up.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 8:39 PM

R1 Yes, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 8:44 PM

[quote] Mon dieu! Give me strength. Isn't this what you wanted?

Yes, but that is a bit beside the point. It is not as easy as turning a faucet off or on — as the GQP can now see. They allowed the anti-vax rhetoric to flourish and grow, so that it is now out of control, and no longer in their control. The unvaccinated are so skeptical of the vaccine that even if every Repuke leader, including Cheatolini, told them to get vaccinated they wouldn’t do it.

So yes, we wanted them on board — eight months ago when it would have had the most impact. Now, their belated efforts will not likely have much of a positive effect.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 8:54 PM

The GQP are not subtle and they follow in lock step. There must be: a) oncoming litigation (and who knows, maybe there were emails/documents sent around Fox directing their anchors to be anti-vax and we know that the RNC was hacked again by Russians, so there are likely emails/docs on that end too); b) Unvaccinated MAGAts dying en masse which is worrying Mitch and the boys for 2022; and 3) nervousness over stock market dips from the recent spike in Delta variant cases.

They do NOTHING that is the right thing to do or in the best interests of America, so there has to be some other ulterior motive.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 8:55 PM

I wonder what the Delta variant would look like in the U.S. if there were no vaccinations yet? Mass carnage? We're not India; we're not used to bodies in the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] Yes, but it's nothing more than political calculation

So what? It's ALL political calculation on both sides. That's how it works.

Wave goodbye to that turnip truck.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Too little, too late.

The tards are already infected and spreading it.

They must've seen the calculation for the midterms with their cult base dropping like flies or being locked up for the capitol attack.

I'm laughing at their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote]We're not India; we're not used to bodies in the gutter.

You obviously don't live in Portland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 11:59 PM

R15 children have to have certain vaccines to go to school. It’s government mandated. If the government mandated getting a vaccine that could save countless lives and keep the economy going I am for. It’s the government’s job to protect us. That includes diseases. If you don’t like the government having that power then please tell them I don’t like funding Israel, paying money for Headstart, or allowing the Department of Defense to fund all this patriotic shit at NFL games. Oh and social security and that $1400.00 check you took tax free.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 11:26 AM

[quote] and they're concerned...not about their people but about their reelection.

This. And only this is all that’s ever concerned them.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 11:40 AM

Another idiot heard from... the Governor of Alabama. Say one thing, do another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 11:56 AM

If the government tried to mandate this COVID vaccine it would go all the way to the Trump-packed SCOTUS. I don't think anyone wants to risk that, because it could potentially set precedent that would prohibit the government from requiring ANY vaccine, and we'd be thoroughly and completely boned if that happens.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 12:22 PM

Steve Scalise- who hates gay by way,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's because he wrestles with it on a personal level....

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 12:57 PM

I think they're in a panic of what happens with an unvaccinated population especially with the fast-transmittable Delta variant. In England, the rate was 45x what it was a month ago. Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, are all starting to be overwhelmed. They're probably getting estimates and in a panic that their Fox-watching supporters are the ones refusing to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 1:08 PM

And soon enough, this kind of sudden, lock step reversal will come with climate change--maybe as Florida is sinking.

Then the GOP will gaslight everyone: We never refuted Climate Change...

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]If the government tried to mandate this COVID vaccine it would go all the way to the Trump-packed SCOTUS. I don't think anyone wants to risk that, because it could potentially set precedent that would prohibit the government from requiring ANY vaccine, and we'd be thoroughly and completely boned if that happens.

It would also be completely unprecedented. Vaccine mandates are made by states, not the federal government, and even so there are legal exemptions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2021 1:34 PM

Fraida gettin sooed

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2021 2:08 PM

Instead of the govt mandating the vaccine, it should mandate vaccinations for airline flights, trains, concerts--any place there's a huge gathering of people, shoulder to shoulder.

THAT would convince lots of people to vaccinate because otherwise they can't live life normally.

Instead of the carrot (lotteries, free donuts, chance to win college tuition), use the stick,

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2021 2:17 PM

R44 = Groundskeeper Willie

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2021 3:13 PM

^Ok, I just wee-wee’d on myself.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2021 3:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!