Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morgan Stanley's General Counsel, Eric Grossman, is a dick

He's making Morgan Stanley's law firms force their attorneys to come back into the office. The stated reason - "we work better together in person", or some such nonsense - is a fig leaf. The real issue is that now that Morgan Stanley is forcing its own employees to get the Delta variant by making them come back to offices, Morgan Stanley needs the cover of other companies doing the same thing.

The vast majority of time that a law firm attorney spends is in isolation, working on a computer. That can be done at home just as easily as in the office.

I hope that Eric Grossman is sued when an employee at the law firm gets Delta and dies because Morgan Stanley had to be a nasty bitch about everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2021 2:18 AM

Millennials do not like being told what to do, and certainly not by a so-called employer, and very certainly not at their so-called place of employment. Their creativity and individualism is clearly being stifled, and that is racist, sexist, and basically forcing gender conformity on them.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2021 12:10 PM

Oh stop it. These extremely overpaid legal bureaucrats can at least come to the office to have the mirror test to the breath and pick up their checks.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Is he white? It's probably white supremacy.

Even if he isn't it is.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2021 12:22 PM

So, retard OP, you deduced that Delta variant murder angle from your link?

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2021 1:35 PM

“retard”?

R4 is a dirty nasty racist. He’s used the n word in multiple threads. He’s a fucking piece of shit. I hope his employer sees what a nasty person he is.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2021 9:04 PM

Control Issues. Our entire economy has them. Corporate America is built around control issues. It's not really productivity or any of the other nonsense corporate spokeswhores talk about. It is control. There is a weird terror underlying so much, the terror that a workforce is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2021 9:12 PM

Do you really think that companies everywhere--that have to maintain some sort of office space--are going to pay rent on their existing office space (many with long-term leases) and have it remain vacant and unused?

It's nice working from home, but it's unsustainable in the long run to maintain cohesiveness, camaraderie, efficient work practices, loyalty, etc. The past year has been sort of a suspended state of animation. Companies want more than simply continuing this suspended state where employees are not totally accountable and not together. It's a company; it's not a collection of freelance independent contractors.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2021 9:28 PM

That camaraderie and cohesiveness and efficiency is largely illusory r7. It's shit corporate spokespeople say when they really mean we need you under control. We need to monitor your day. I can see some of that, but a lot of it is just mindless habit. Corporate overseers may need to cede some control. And if as you say they are paying for space whether it is needed or not, maybe that is the problem. The whole structure may come crashing down, but the solution may turn out not to be, let's fill that space with corporate serfs just because it is there.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2021 9:39 PM

Someone has to justify the lea$e co$t$.

Oh, You didn’t see it coming? Then fuck you and your overpriced bullshit corporate and financial services..

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2021 10:00 PM

I agree it's about control for bosses. Many didn't have the opportunity to adjust to not being able to walk out of their office and survey everyone in their control/employ. Some are wrapped up in that tangible display. In our office, before the pandemic, we were experiencing a space issue, so some lobbied just to work on a floor in an adjacent building with space under our control, but the boss had issues with it because he wouldn't be able to shout for us from his office. Nevermind the work we do doesn't require that kind of supervision.

Our workplaces haven't taken full advantage of what technology has given us which is flexibility and the ability not to be cubicle or deskbound. It has been interesting watching various CEOs bitch and moan about employees not wanting to come into the office which is not the same as not being willing to do the job.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2021 11:58 PM

Isn't the entire world about control, R10? Isn't that how you make money?

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2021 1:35 AM

No I haven't, cocksucker retard R5.

Trolldar me, then eat my dimpled ass.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2021 1:50 AM

One of the big bosses where I work seems to derive most of her life’s pleasure from bullying people and that’s harder to do over Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2021 2:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!