Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I got put in NextDoor jail

For telling some fat cunt to STFU.

Oh well, it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2021 8:00 PM

Did you bumfuck Otis?

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 11:16 PM

What was she saying, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Some guy was very upset that he had to surrender a beloved 2 year old dog - he had some severe health issue and couldn't care for her, and wanted to be sure she got a good home.

Fat Cunt just harrassed him, left several ignorant posts for him, and when others called her on it, she said she was with a humane society and "we never allow this or recommend it."

(Meanwhile, the Fat Cunt is lying, because shaming an owner just means more people will just abandon their fucking dogs, and most rescues and humane societies know this.)

I called her on it and told her to kindly STFU, and instead of blocking the woman that left 8 messages harrassing someone, they blocked me for a week, I assume for the "STFU."

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Apparently looking for a home for an unwanted pet, for whatever reason, on sites like Next Door brings out the human animals who claim they will rescue your pet but then use the pet for horrible reasons like as bait in a dog fight, for example. Never go to a site like Next Door if you have to give up your pet. Go to your local humane society or favorite rescue. Sounds like FC should have been more tactful.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 11:53 PM

R4 She could have been less unhinged about it and I wouldn't have reacted the way that *I* did.

But she was the usual sad obsessed person who works at rescues and becomes overly invested in every little thing.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2021 2:06 AM

I checked Nextdoor the other day on a lark.

Neighbor A posted: "Be careful about the homeless getting on your roofs, they're dangerous!!!" and posted a photo of a man sunbathing on a garage roof.

Neighbor B responded: "That's me. On my own roof."

Nextdoor makes me never want to meet a neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2021 4:06 AM

Speaking of NextDoor jails I'd like to go to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2021 4:25 AM

Nextdoor is like white trash facebook.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2021 4:26 AM

What shocks me is how illiterate many of the posters are. I saw this one on mine.

[quote]Has any other parents withdrew their children from school(ccisd) due to. no staff at the jr. High school wasnt wearing masks and as i saw on first day of school i didnt see hardly any other kids wearing masks. I know its not mandatory but come on people the numbers are going higher especially in children. My daughter has autoimmune disease and i withdrew her the first day of school die to it seem as if they werent taking n e precautions.

This is a "nicer" area too.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2021 1:36 PM

I think I'll not check out Next Door.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2021 1:43 PM

I got into a big debate about people who throw their bags of dog shit into other people's garbage cans. They think I should be grateful that the picked the dog shit up. They also don't think it stinks to sit in a garbage can for 2 weeks in the hot sun.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2021 1:47 PM

That’s okay. I was banned from all of Reddit for two days because of a power tripping admin on a cliquey subreddit. I didn’t violate any TOS, and had no recourse. It still doesn’t make any sense. Some people get a little bit of power and it goes to their heads.

My favorite NextDoor anecdote was that there was this “artistic couple” seeking like-minded people for an art party. They posted a photo where he’s shirtless and she’s in a camisole; they also posted photos of their erotic art.

Listen, consenting adults and all that, but I thought it was odd to post it on NextDoor. It’s not Craigslist, you know?

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2021 1:59 PM

R9 : Doesn't take brains to fuck and make babies--most likely the only job that person has ever had.

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2021 4:11 PM

The lady quoted at r9 isn't stupid, she's asking why people AREN'T wearing masks. Knowing Datalounge everyone here will pretend she's a Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2021 4:19 PM

Yes R14 but her grammar and overall education is what is questionable. It's shocking that an adult went through school and came out that illiterate hence the post.

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2021 4:46 PM

It's not shocking at all, especially in Texas. There are plenty of perfectly intelligent people who didn't get a solid education in math or writing because of where they grew up, and it's not always an indication of ignorance or illiteracy.

Dataloungers are by and large very sheltered people but sometimes it really surprises me how provincial some of you are. A few typos and a couple of double negatives and you're screaming "shocking illiteracy!" You need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2021 4:52 PM

Oh, I was thinking about a pr0n website. Never mind, carry on.

PS. That quote in R9 is truly atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2021 4:58 PM

R16 I grew up in Texas and went to school here and I'm not illiterate like that but I also realize that education in general is not as good as it was when I was in school. She didn't have "a few typos". She cannot write a sentence but non one said she wasn't "smart". I hope for her kids sake she's got common sense. I think most of DL gets out plenty and most of us are well traveled.

Anyway, not sure what your beef us but it sounds more personal. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2021 4:59 PM

See even I made a typo R16 but that's not really what I was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2021 5:00 PM

NextDoor is a cesspool of the worst people on Earth. They seem like "Facebook" types to me, who I also despise. It makes me hate my neighbours even more.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2021 5:04 PM

R8 just saw your comment. You beat me to it. That's exactly the vibe.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2021 5:05 PM

I've signed up about five times with avatars just so I could tell the idiot posters off. As if the trash the trashy Karenesques are always screaming about on NextDork give a shit. Unless it will land on the Karenesques from door handle.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2021 5:19 PM

All I see are posts about homeless intrusion, cats and the need for moving boxes. I never see posts like these:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2021 5:29 AM

[quote] I hope for her kids sake she's got common sense.

She’s pro-mask, that shows she’s got more common sense than much of the country.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] Some people get a little bit of power and it goes to their heads

You had BETTER NOT be referring to me!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2021 6:01 AM

Nextdoor is down today. The day after the Facebook/Instagram crash. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2021 7:02 PM

Is it worth signing up for, for entertainment value? I’ve been avoiding it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2021 7:06 PM

The only thing trashier than using Facebook or Nextdoor is bragging about being temporarily suspended from the platforms.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2021 7:08 PM

It's good for very hyper-local "news", meaning if something is going on and you're trying to figure out what. Or lost pets, items for sale/giveaway, local crime and safety issues, etc. But there is a high degree of drama and you have to filter past all that or risk getting sucked into it. I never used it until the start of the pandemic and it was useful when things were changing day by day and you needed to find out what stores were open or closed, where to get items in short supply, that kind of thing. During the BLM unrest in May/June 2020 it was a hot mess of people screaming at each other.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2021 7:11 PM

I had a crazy person in my neighborhood say that a broken ouija board was found on the sidewalk in front of their house. They were panicking about what to do. 300+ comments.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2021 7:59 PM

My all time favorite (I've posted this before):

Neighbor A posted a picture of a man sunbathing on top of a garage. He was freaking out about the homeless, telling people to be careful of vagrants on their property.

Neighbor B responded: "That's me. On my roof"

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2021 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!