Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pronouns Disrepected, Halsey Announces They No Longer Will Entertain Press Inquiries

[quote]"I think sometimes [with] women who are articulate, people read it as pretentious," she added.

[quote]They concluded their tweets on Wednesday with a simple message: They will no longer be doing press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2021 9:26 PM

And she will come screaming back to them because she NEEDS the attention.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 8:53 PM

Is this someone I'm supposed to care about?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 8:55 PM

They/she/he/whatever-it-is-today is lucky to get any press whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 8:57 PM

These people are beyond exhausting. Talk about personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 8:59 PM

They SHO is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 9:00 PM

The General Public announces they no longer fucking care.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 9:01 PM

WHO?

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 9:02 PM

Who is this annoying nobody?

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 9:02 PM

I don’t know very much about this singer. But her comments follow Naomi Osaka’s comments around the time of the French Open, where she mirrored her frustrations with the press.

With social media, the press has become less relevant. But they’re still powerful. I’m just thinking out loud as to where this is all going with a new generation who has more autonomy over their reputation.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote] They will no longer be doing press.

A great loss to us all, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 9:05 PM

"crickets..."

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 9:07 PM

Ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 9:10 PM

This person is a biological female of the species? But there is a pronoun issue…because…because…

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 9:13 PM

Halsey lives for attention and seems like a mentally exhausting person to be around. I remember when she said she was "tri bi". Bisexual. Bipolar. Biracial. Her music isn't all that either. At least if you're mentally unstable and obnoxious then put some great work.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 9:14 PM

Maybe if "they" didn't refer to one person, we all could take this nonsense more seriously.

"They" is plural whether she thinks it is or not.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 9:15 PM

Halsey identifies as "she/they". So I'm curious as to what the problem is if an article chooses one or the other. She is a narcissist who thinks the world revolves around her.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 9:16 PM

A quote from her from the story...utter nonsense, hypersensitive to the point of being ridiculous:

"No matter how many tears I've shed because I’m not connecting with my family or my culture in a way that I would like to, or because the waitress thinks I'm the babysitter when I go out with my family," Halsey said. "None of that would compare to the tears that I would shed for presenting phenotypically Black and the disadvantages and the violence that I would face because of that."

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 9:18 PM

The Buzzfeed comments are refreshing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 9:20 PM

R17 the essence of that quote is “Me, me, me, me. Me. Me!!!”.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] "I think sometimes [with] women who are articulate, people read it as pretentious," she added.

Did I misunderstand this, or did xe just refer to xirself as a woman?

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 9:21 PM

Like Covid, I can’t wait for this insanity to pass.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 9:24 PM

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 9:26 PM

If her pronouns are she/they, and Allure magazine used ‘she’… what’s the problem?

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Like Covid, I can’t wait for this insanity to pass.

It won’t. Transing kids is supported by the right, because they would prefer straight trans kids to gay “cis” kids.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 9:29 PM

Halsey, preferring "they/them/their" pronouns does not make you trans. And non-binary is not trans.

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]It won’t. Transing kids is supported by the right, because they would prefer straight trans kids to gay “cis” kids.

Uhhh it's the LEFT that is screaming "protect trans' kids health" and accusing the RIGHT of being "transphobic" for passing bills that might not let minors get trans surgery.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 9:32 PM

r17 it's funny because her mother is white and her father is half black, not to mention a waitress wouldn't be making comments that she doesn't look like her parents, they just want to take the order.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 9:36 PM

Even if others want to comply and not "disrespect" these thin-skinned snowflakes, it takes a while to understand all this bullshit.

By the way, the plural "they" for a individual person is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 9:40 PM

And of course she says “you guys” to refer to people whose gender we don’t know but can bet she means mostly women. Do better, Halsey.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 9:42 PM

How the fuck can your pronouns be BOTH she and they? Pick a lane, bitch!

PS she is also the one who tweeted how abhorrent a hotel she was staying in for having "white people's shampoo!" Because she is the epitome of Black hair care needs!

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 9:49 PM

Didn't this idiot just recently give birth? Shouldn't she be focused on taking care of her new born than crying over pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 10:08 PM

Oh stfu. Who are you again?

Is she the same as a Grimes?

She looks like a low-rent Jessica Biel.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 10:14 PM

Sorry, out of spoons, Halsey.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 10:29 PM

I guess it’s a good thing now that I don’t enjoy music made after the year 2000.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 10:58 PM

Halsey, honey, IT IS PRETENTIOUS! Get a clue!

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 11:16 PM

Never liked her - saw her on SNL and she sucked

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 11:22 PM

If "they" wont' give interviews, HOW WILL I LIVE!?!

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]They will no longer be doing press.

Okay, by us.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 11:27 PM

She's already half-forgotten

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2021 11:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote] In the wider context of the article, Halsey does say their experiences have been written off because they "present white" — but, they continue, nothing they have experienced as the white-passing child of a white mother and Black father compares to the "disadvantages and violence" they would face if they were "phenotypically Black."

[quote]"No matter how many tears I've shed because I’m not connecting with my family or my culture in a way that I would like to, or because the waitress thinks I'm the babysitter when I go out with my family," Halsey said. "None of that would compare to the tears that I would shed for presenting phenotypically Black and the disadvantages and the violence that I would face because of that."

[quote]She went on to discuss the "guilt" certain members of her family feel about the privilege she has because she passes as white.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2021 11:31 PM

What a twat! Stop doing mainstream press and see where you career goes and since you won’t be photographed in mainstream press, say good bye to all those high end designer stuff.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2021 11:38 PM

EXHAUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2021 11:41 PM

Xe is the icon xir generation deserves.

Xe's insanely narcissistic demand the universe bows to xir whims is totally exhausting, and xe will be apologizing for xir antics in 5-10 years when xe is desperately trying to make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 12:43 AM

I know it’s not nice to say, but it’s kind of a relief that pretty much every commenter in the article the OP linked is against her. Most people are tolerant and accepting, but this seems all too much. How are people supposed to remember every single non-binary person’s preferred pronouns, etc. when there are more coming out of the woodwork every day?

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 12:56 AM

Halsey isn't anywhere near as obnoxious as Semi Lovato.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 1:08 AM

Thalsey and Themi! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 1:12 AM

From now on, when writing of me, I want an alternation of (1 )"he/him," (2) "they/them," (3) "she/her," (4) "it/it," and (5) "xe/xir," pronouns, all in a rotation based on a number generated by the random Brownian movement of molecules. Only in this way can my awesomly important gender identity be suitably expressed. in all its kaleidoscopic senses

If you do not EXACTLY follow that order, precisely as I demand, I will complain bitterly on twitter and then sue you for gender discrimination in a federal lawsuit.

p.s.--Please buy my music

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 1:18 AM

This is the same bitch that complained a couple years ago that hotels were being racist by forcing her to use "white people shampoo".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 1:27 AM

This is getting so absurd it should implode soon. Halsey can go away for awhile now. And I used to be a fan.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2021 1:32 AM

This is why people should not use multiple pronouns

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2021 1:35 AM

R26 in the general public, I know as many or not more conservative - even ultra-conservative - parents who have announced their tomboy daughters are boys and their fey sons are girls.

It was very surprising. Being genderqueer and having blue hair and renaming oneself Rhyleei is more of a left thing, but parents who believe in a strict mode of public presentation between males and females tend to be of the right and tend to force their children into defined gender roles to erase their homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 1:36 AM

Disrespecting pronouns is literal violence!

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 1:38 AM

She's been diagnosed with BPD, which explains her nutty rants every few weeks She admits that she's been committed twice to a mental hospital. What's scary is that she just had a baby last week.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 1:43 AM

She-forward-slash-they also wrote this:

[quote]“For those asking RE: my updated Instagram bio, I am happy with [bold]either pronouns[/bold],” Halsey wrote on their Instagram story on Monday.

Either ways, she-forward-slash-they has/have so many issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote]“For those asking RE: my updated Instagram bio, I am happy with either pronouns,” Halsey wrote on their Instagram story on Monday.

Because it's our job to keep a mentally unstable person happy.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 2:26 AM

Fuck Allure! They need to be cancelled and run out of business. it’s honestly disgusting to see how many times people see someone with she/they pronouns and refuse to use both sets like !! they are there for a REASON!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 2:31 AM

I wonder if the kids who used to call themselves "otherkin" realize how stupid that was and decided they are now "nonbinary"?

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 2:31 AM

That poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 2:32 AM

A lot of people triggered in this thread, lol.

Like, I'm not going to defend this asshole, but why do so many people in here care SO MUCH about THIS?

lmao

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] Halsey identifies as "she/they". So I'm curious as to what the problem is if an article chooses one or the other.

The PROBLEM is when people have multiple sets of pronouns you’re supposed to use both sets interchangeably depending on the person’s mood and what pronoun they feel like that day. You’re not supposed to make the choice for them and just randomly pick one. YOU don’t get to choose. They do! Allure didn’t ask and took the woman’s choice away from her. She was right to lash out after that gross violation.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2021 2:37 AM

R60 If we don't give them attention, they might shrivel up and die.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2021 2:37 AM

They is obviously very hurt that them's pronouns were incorrectly used, but sometimes them's the breaks.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2021 2:42 AM

r60, we'll ask you from now on whether a thread has enough, too much, or not enough contributions in your opinion every time we think about posting, and proceed accordingly.

You ARE the boss around here, after all.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2021 3:00 AM

Elder gays, this is her best song and most gorgeous look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2021 3:15 AM

This person needs to fight Demi Lavato in a cage match.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2021 3:29 AM

I fully expect this to be the wave of the future.

Following her example, the students at the liberal arts college where I teach will inevitably start demanding their teachers alternate their pronoun sets (and just when I finally got used to calling students "they/them").

If any of us refuse, or mess up, we'll be pilloried on social media.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2021 3:34 AM

Since Demi and Halsey are both bisexual attention whores, they might as well date.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2021 3:35 AM

Can I kick her in the THUNT?

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2021 3:38 AM

Born Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, she once explained that she changed her name because she “felt Ashley didn’t deserve to be famous”.

Is there anything about her that’s authentic?

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2021 3:43 AM

If you ever supported stupid, nonsensical "neopronouns" then you are responsible for this.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2021 3:45 AM

R18 the commenters saying “it’s not the use of ‘she,’ it’s ‘her’ that’s the problem, keep up, people, it’s not that hard!” and “omg, why would anyone think they DESERVE to call people using any pronouns other than the ones they said they want to be called??”

IDK, it just makes me want to refer to those people as “that asshole over there” (and I think I deserve the points for going with the gender-neutral version).

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2021 3:48 AM

immeasurably confused. so we are supposed to use their pronouns interchangeably???????? Isn't SLASH implying the either/or situation?

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2021 4:08 AM

She doesn't seem very bright

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2021 4:10 AM

Dpo keep up, r73. For Halsey, you are supposed to use the pronoun sets [italic]alternately,[/italic] not interchangeably.

Otherwise, you're obviously evil.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2021 4:10 AM

No, the slash means both are acceptable but only on certain days. Sometimes she’ll feel like the first pronoun and some days she’ll feel like the second pronoun. It doesn’t hurt to ask. And that was Allure’s mistake.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2021 4:13 AM

but what if you ask and she tells you and then you do it correctly and she then changes her mind again the same day? there's no point, too exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]we'll ask you from now on

Please carry on. If it's important to you!

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2021 4:20 AM

Does this concept of the slash only apply to Halsey or in general? This is confusing. Slashes are supposed to insinuate that either choice is acceptable not alternatives

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2021 4:23 AM

R75 what does dpo stand for?

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2021 4:23 AM

[quote][R75] what does dpo stand for?

"Do Piss Off," r80.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2021 4:30 AM

R27 Exactly. The waitress doesn’t care. This is the same thing as Lens Dunham putting words in Odell Beckham’s mouth. Why do these women demand to be victims?

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2021 4:37 AM

I’m giggling at R69

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2021 4:38 AM

[quote] but what if you ask and she tells you and then you do it correctly and she then changes her mind again the same day? there's no point, too exhausting.

And that’s okay. The important thing is that you try. People are allowed to change their pronouns several times a day, just like sometimes you feel hungry, sometimes sad, sometimes horny, sometimes tired, all within the same day!

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2021 4:46 AM

r84, your mistake is the exact same Halsey makes: Other people (other than family and your closest friends) simply don't give a shit about how you feel throughout any given day.

Other people have not entered into any sort of contractual agreement with you to follow and abide by your little whims from day to day.

Expecting them to do so is symptomatic of BPD and/or NPD.

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2021 5:46 AM

If she/they are trying to be more exhausting than Demi Lovato, she/they may succeed.

by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2021 5:46 AM

[quote][R17] it's funny because her mother is white and her father is half black...

Halsey is a quadroon. She might try bringing that back in vogue.

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2021 6:01 AM

r46 was Semi Lovato a typo? Or because she's so fat she is like a Semi truck? Either way, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2021 6:18 AM

[quote]Pronouns Disrepected, Halsey Announces They No Longer Will Entertain Press Inquiries

Who will no longer entertain press inquiries?

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2021 6:19 AM

… and is Halsey their spokesperson or something?

by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2021 6:25 AM

I’m tired of this goofy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2021 6:36 AM

It's a SHE!

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2021 8:07 AM

If you're sense of self is so unstable and dependent on changing forms of external validation, you need therapy, not press.

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2021 8:17 AM

Oh, dear R93

by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2021 8:54 AM

Who???

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2021 9:45 AM

So many better artists than Cuntsey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2021 9:48 AM

Since we generally use third-person pronouns for a person when the person isn’t there, how are we supposed to know if milady is in “she” mode or “they” mode?

by Anonymousreply 97July 22, 2021 11:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 22, 2021 11:26 AM

R60 Yeah. This is silly and stupid but I don't really care what people wish to call themselves. Halsey is a typical flaky artist type, people like her have always existed. I am more annoyed that this will inevitably trigger Piers Morgan to write a hyperventilating op ed moaning and blathering about how Halsey is destroying western society with her/ their pronouns. I give it about a day.

by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2021 1:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]"No matter how many tears I've shed because I’m not connecting with my family or my culture in a way that I would like to, or because the waitress thinks I'm the babysitter when I go out with my family," Halsey said.

This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2021 4:01 PM

I know some non binary people and they told me that the reason they chose to use the "they them" pronouns is to annoy and confuse people

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2021 4:12 PM

r102, why they chose "they/them" or "she/them"? I

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]I know some non binary people and they told me that the reason they chose to use the "they them" pronouns is to annoy and confuse people

The very definition of a redundant effort.

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2021 5:41 PM

You'll always be a woman. I'm sorry.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote] "None of that would compare to the tears that I would shed for presenting phenotypically Black and the disadvantages and the violence that I would face because of that."

So she’s saying if she had black skin she would be crying all day. Way to put down black people. Black people should be proud of their skin color, not shed tears because they are too dark.

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2021 6:39 PM

r106, it's the exultation of victimhood that is so prevalent these days. Very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2021 6:43 PM

Girl, 'bye!

by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2021 6:46 PM

She IS pretentious and so is anyone else who wants to change the English language to suit their "identity".

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote] [R106], it's the exultation of victimhood that is so prevalent these days. Very depressing

Yeah and I can’t take this shit anymore. It’s driving me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] [[R106]], it's the exultation of victimhood that is so prevalent these days.

I think you mean "exhaltation."

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2021 7:01 PM

You are correct, r111. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2021 7:03 PM

"They" for an individual confuses the reader because it's ridiculous, and "they" is plural. So fuck off, Halsey, Demi and everyone else who subscribes to this utter bullshit nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2021 9:06 PM

Even I can't decide what they wants me to call her.

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2021 9:07 PM

I think you both mean “exaltation.”

by Anonymousreply 115July 22, 2021 11:44 PM

Halsey said she actually is fine with the interview today since she feels like a she now. It was only yesterday that she felt like a they and was angry that Allure misgendered her. But today the article aligned with her pronoun so it’s fine. She said she may feel angry about the interview tomorrow if she feels like a they again but for right now she is calm.

by Anonymousreply 116July 22, 2021 11:51 PM

I'm also sick of Halsey's "tragic mulatta" problems. I'm not even against her identifying as "Black" if she feels more comfortable in that culture. But I also don't buy her as anything else but a privileged whiny white-passing girl who needs to latch onto other people's struggles. There's a male rapper named Logic who is basically the same as her but he's not as mental. Wasn't Halsey was raised in a mostly white area? .

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Can someone PLEASE explain “she/they” to me?

It contradicts itself. Both “she” and “they” are third-person pronouns. So it should be EITHER “she” OR “they”.

Not very *articulate*, is it?

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2021 12:52 AM

Good Lord! They is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2021 1:17 AM

They isn't kind. They isn't smart. They isn't important.

They is deeply tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2021 1:46 AM

The only thing I can say that possibly excuses this is she has a history of mental illness, plus she might also be experiencing postpartum depression.

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2021 1:48 AM

Pray for her-HER- baby.

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2021 1:58 AM

r49 And yet she's dyed her hair blond.

Maybe she needs white people shampoo for her white people hair?

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote] I'm also sick of Halsey's "tragic mulatta" problems. I'm not even against her identifying as "Black" if she feels more comfortable in that culture. But I also don't buy her as anything else but a privileged whiny white-passing girl who needs to latch onto other people's struggles

Because that is what she is. Let’s get real.

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2021 9:57 AM

I like her music [italic]but[/italic] she's clearly an exhausting person and would get on great with Demi. Don't know why she bothers with the fake lips and boobs though.

by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2021 11:41 AM

She is of mostly Italian and Irish ancestry, and is less than a quarter black. She needs to stop pretending that she’s anything other than a white girl of European ancestry with a small amount of African ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2021 12:07 PM

R126 good luck telling her that.

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2021 3:44 PM

She’s a black queer woman… who exclusively dates white men.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2021 3:52 PM

R126 To be fair to Miss They, American culture is very bizarre with racial labeling. The illogical " one drop " rule still holds a surprising amount of power in the U.S. In the viewpoint of many Americans, someone with 80 percent European ancestry and 20 percent African could be considered black and yet there are plenty of AA individuals with up to 30 to 40 percent euro ancestry and no one calls them white. Scientifically it makes no sense but it's deeply ingrained in our culture.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2021 3:55 PM

I read a blind saying "they" were spotted at a club repeatedly asking where their cocaine went. They continued to have it the whole time... just like the last time.

by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote]"No matter how many tears I've shed because I’m not connecting with my family or my culture in a way that I would like to, or because the waitress thinks I'm the babysitter when I go out with my family," Halsey said.

Uh, like I'm sure the waitress turned to her and said, "Oh, you must be the babysitter," or "You sure are bossy for a babysitter."

by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2021 4:21 PM

You know, I’ll bet that waitress never even ASKED about Halsey’s pronouns, not even once.

by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2021 5:16 PM

I just read an exchange in which someone said that they don't know how to use she/they pronouns without offending the person in question, so they would just use "Halsey" instead. A TRA responded that avoiding pronouns altogether is even more invalidating and transphobic than not alternating the pronouns correctly. They're just going to annoy more and more people if they keep acting like this.

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote]They're just going to annoy more and more people if they keep acting like this.

They act this way because they're already annoying and people avoid them. "My Pronouns" is a desperate plea for attention.

by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2021 7:51 PM

I am nostalgic for fierce GAY LESBIAN activism of the 80s. Yes it was necessitated by a plague, of course I wish there had not been the plague but I have powerful memories of men and women fighting a real fight for survival and respect. Not ….validation.

I was a kid back then. My mom (RIP) was a lesbian activist. I met many fascinating gay men and women who affected the course of my life for the better.

I’m all for genderfuck, but god it needs a strong attitude.

Twitter trans twats just seem so weak.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2021 9:23 PM

wait they are on the pronoun train? totally missed that.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2021 9:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!