Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn’t Rosie Huntington-Whiteley succeeded as an actress?

We can all agree that we are not talking about Meryl Streep, but other actresses equally “talented” have made it very big. Megan Fox, Kaley Cuoco, Sharon Stone or Kim Basinger come to my mind. Well, no, Rosie is better than Megan or Kim.

She has that Hollywood face (I think one of the best face structures since Sharon Stone) and when I saw her in Mad Max I thought I was going to see a lot more of her. Is because she married Jason Statham? Did it make her look like a bimbo debutant and that’s not attractive anymore? Are Hollywood rules changing?

Is this type of actress, untalented but very hot, going extinct because of the #MeToo and feminism? 10 or 20 years ago there were a lot, like literally most of them were like that, now all the current hotties seem talented: Margot Robbie, Sydney Sweeney, Zendaya… and I can’t recall any hot and mediocre being successful these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 11:56 AM

She makes more money bearding for Jason Statham.

I love him painted silver in this Erasure (not to be confused with bisexual erasure) music video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 7:39 PM

R1, I definitely liked him better in The Shamen video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 7:52 PM

Didn't succeeded? Oh, dear. Would you say that her career is in the shitter?

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 7:55 PM

R3, no she didn't succeeded and her career is in the shitterer!

But doesn't that happen to most models when they try to cross over? Even the stunning Paulina Porizkova, who has a lot of personality and wasn't completely terrible as an actress, didn't make it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Looking through her Instagram, she reminds me of a white Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 8:12 PM

R5, she’s a pretty girl, but not very charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 8:26 PM

She’s very pretty, but a Hollywood would make her get a nose job.

Maybe she’s happy modelling and being a stay at home mother.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 8:34 PM

She made Megan Fox seem like a capable actress, that's why she didn't succeed.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 8:40 PM

Her careers not bad, considering she’s about 80 in modelling industry years.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 8:41 PM

She’s had to wear some hideous, over-designed dresses, if you view OP’s link.

She probably thought, screw this, I’ll just stay home and spend Jason’s money. . .

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 8:44 PM

Her face can look beautiful or Down syndrome. She does not have the kind of beauty that moves.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 8:46 PM

R3 R4 I’d love to see you typing in a non-native language you pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 9:24 PM

She’s beautiful, but there is something very impassive about her look. She also reminds me of a more “model-esque” Jennifer Lawrence, which I think dims her shine. A bit, especially given how Jennifer Lawrence was seemingly in every other movie when Rosie would have been trying to gain traction.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 9:38 PM

I don’t like her face. I much preferred Abbey Lee, one of the other brides from Mad Max. I believe she was also a model. She’s had a much better career, and continues to get roles despite following Mad Max up with a trio of flops (Gods of Egypt, The Dark Tower, and The Neon Demon).

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 9:43 PM

Abbey Lee is hideous and alien-like without makeup R14

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 9:50 PM

Not to mention anorexic as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 9:50 PM

I think that her beauty is atypical, like Lauren Hutton’s. But way better looking than Gisele Bundchen. Or Kate Moss.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 11:01 PM

She comes off as boring in her photos. No spark or sparkle in her eyes, maybe

Very pretty gal but blah, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 11:22 PM

Kate Moss’ reputation comes from how well she photographs, not any actual ‘prettiness’.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 2:06 AM

Her name is too long and too white.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 2:11 AM

By bad outfits like she wore in OP's carpet photo, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 4:03 AM

I was afraid to say she has kind of a weird face because I thought I'd be ridiculed. But apparently a lot of us think that. She has kind of a weird face.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 4:27 AM

There was always something very late 80s/early 90s about her.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 11:20 PM

She’s botoxed and overfilled - goggle before and after. Her injected face would look silly playing anything other than “the hot girl” and even that is doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 11:26 PM

She has ugly fat toes that hang off the ends and sides of her shoes 🤮

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 11:31 PM

She's very beautiful but basic, boring, bland, no personality and can't act. Megan Fox actually had an interesting look and weird personality that made her hot to guys and likable to girls. Kaley Cuoco is a decent comedic actress and did sitcoms. Sharon and Kim both had a natural glow and charisma. I think RHW probably would have done better in the 70s and 80s on a soap opera or an action-crime drama.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2021 9:12 AM

Her name. It just won't fit on the theatre marquee. As a very minor actress her name takes up too much space.

Rosie Hunt sounds (and reads) better.

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2021 10:15 AM

Abbey Lee, also from Max Max, has proven talented, or at least interesting. Also, Riley keough. Whatever her name, kravitz, she’s also improved to a degree. Not this rose white hunty. As far as zendaya… she’s beautiful enough that she just needs that one lightning in a bottle performance, a monsters ball or something and she’ll win the Oscar. Watch…

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2021 4:43 PM

Her face makes Zac Efron's look untouched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2021 4:47 PM

She has severe mental illness. Cutting the insides of her thighs, armpits and breasts and also has been diagnosed with BPD. Her penchant for kratom (she says it's a natural painkiller and helps with a few medical issues that she brought upon herself due to a botched septum surgery and osteoporosis), adderall (she doesn't eat, ever) and ambien (she likes to stay awake so she can hallucinate, which once resulted in her screaming that there were spiders all over her vanity table in her trailer) is a big problem.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2021 4:53 PM

She was molested?

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2021 4:54 PM

R31- Not as much as ME!

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2021 5:02 PM

I remember when she replaced Megan Fox on Transformers. She was bland, wooden, no charisma, and it was one of the most horrible acting I had ever seen. She made Fox look 100X better by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2021 5:42 PM

Bearding is rough on a girl’s health. Statham should at least treat her to some spa days.

by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2021 7:24 PM

She's not better than Kim Basinger, sorry. Why are you stanning for this bimbo?

by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2021 7:27 PM

Selfish bitch wouldn't rim me.

by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2021 7:39 PM

She has had a lot of plastic surgery. She was a lovely young girl. The over enhanced jawline, cheek implants, and prolapsed anus lips photograph well but when I saw her in real life in London she looked sort of trans. Wonder what their relationship really is. I always here he’s gay. At least they are quiet and raising their kid

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2021 11:26 AM

R37 all that and she couldn’t get a nose job - which is the one thing she actually needed?

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2021 11:41 AM

I’ve never seen her in anything, but my impression of her is that she’s a clothes-hanger, place-holder, seat-filler. She looks blank and hollow and devoid of personality. She is pretty in a very generic (and increasingly plastic) way. There’s nothing about her that is distinct from any other cookie-cutter face. Like Amber Heard.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2021 11:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!