Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eric Clapton Won't Play Venues That Require Vax Proof

She’s states her boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2021 4:47 AM

This is foolish, considering his own age, and the largest part of his demographic. I don't know just how good he is live at this point, but I can tell you that contracting a deadly fucking virus is too high a price to pay.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 6:39 PM

he's a british repig. no surprise. hope he dies soon.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 6:42 PM

Tears in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 6:42 PM

Mah rights!

I have the right to fuck my best friend’s wife

I have to right to cheat on my best friend’s ex-wife who’s now my wife & impregnate another woman, then suggest to my wife it would be great if we all raised the child together as one big family. Did I mention my wife is unable to have kids? I thought it was sweet of me.

I have the right to not really be a part of my kid’s life. Good thing, right?

I know mah rights

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 6:47 PM

Is anybody beating down the doors to book Eric Clapton? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 6:58 PM

Surprised he can still tour after the "disastrous" side effects he claims to have suffered from the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] Is anybody beating down the doors to book Eric Clapton? Seriously?

Hardly

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 7:07 PM

Remember when yobs were painting this in UK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 7:07 PM

Heh..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 7:08 PM

He let his toddler fall out a window.

His music is the ultimate overrated Boomer shit.

He’s openly racist.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Will he also not play for POC and immigrants?

Time to cancel this asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2021 7:45 PM

Nobody ever accused rockstars of being geniuses.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote] His music is the ultimate overrated Boomer shit.

That’s bullshit revisionism right there, especially ironic in light of the autotune “Disney actress as pop superstar” hell we are in now, due to the appetite for garbage of millennials and zees. (And I say that as a Gen Xer btw.)

This is like saying that “Chinatown” is a piece of shit because Polanski is a tween diddler.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2021 7:51 PM

|quote] He let his toddler fall out a window

you believe that too! I was very surprised to learn that it was his estranged wife, some cunt model. He wasn't even there. He was on his way to pick the kid (not toddler, more like 5 yo) to take him to the the zoo. it's like when our HS friend Sab's mother died choking on sandwich , we were all like "OMG, just like Mama Cass" (fattie ODed, there was never a ham sandwich)

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2021 8:52 PM

He's still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2021 8:54 PM

He's just a toe rag.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2021 9:04 PM

He's going wrong. I would have loved to see them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2021 9:08 PM

I'm telling everyone he toured with Pat Boone and was personally responsible for "Up With People"

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2021 9:14 PM

Slow Mind

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 9:16 PM

His only fans are hillbillies. Lay down and die, Sally!

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 9:17 PM

But will his venues require guardrails for any open windows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 9:17 PM

R13 I truly hate his shitty, overrated rock music. Chinatown, however is great, despite Polanski’s skeevy personal life.

I was just taking the piss about throwing his son out the window. ( gotta love that he made much money off the tragedy with a super shitty song)

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Eric Clapton looks exactly like someone who listens to Eric Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 10:43 PM

He had a bad reaction to the AZ Covid shot and now he's all anti Covid shot. Did he ever wonder if his bad reaction was due to his body being damaged due to a lifetime of heroin abuse?

Fuck this guy.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 10:46 PM

Can’t this asshole just DIE already?

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 10:56 PM

He’s always been a vile dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 11:10 PM

Q: What's the difference between a small child, and a bag of cocaine?

A: Eric Clapton would've NEVER let a bag of cocaine fall out of a window!

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2021 3:34 AM

Layla was a great song, but it’s been ingrained in people’s memory as the Whack Song From Goodfellas. It was played on the radio quite a bit up until the movie came out.

One night in 1991 I was out to dinner in a bar/restaurant that was popular with the thirty-something crowd in Manhattan. Classic rock was playing as background music. Everyone was chatting, cutlery was being moved against plates … the usual pleasant sounds of people having a relaxed evening. Layla was playing in the background…you got me on my knees, Layla…darling please, Layla, .won’t you ease my worried mind? Then the first few notes of the piano coda started. The restaurant went dead silent. Not even the sound of a knife and fork on a plate. Just silence.

It was NYC and some of the people (like me & my then-partner) remembered Lufthansa and the subsequent slo mo massacre. They were always finding dead bodies of mobsters in NY in the 70s. Most weren't tied to the airport heist, but they were just as bloody and hair raising. They were in the trunks of cars parked in East New York and in the Howard Beach weeds. They were found buried on a construction site with one hand sticking up from the ground. There were TONS of mob assassinations carried out in public — restaurants, barber shops and on the street outside their homes. Back in those days NY newspapers printed photos of the blood-soaked corpses, sometimes on the front page. All of this was going through the heads of so many people in the restaurant - both the movie mayhem and the real life carnage. All was quiet for about 30 seconds, then you heard soft, nervous chuckles and conversation gradually started again. But it was as if a parade of ghosts had walked through the place. Before 1990, Layla was just a good song on the radio or in clubs. Afterwards, it was a bloody anthem.

And….at the end of our reveries we realized how different NY was now — yuppies, Wall Street celebrities, jazz brunches, disinfected Times Square, safe subways and not a mafia hit for years. But homeless people were everywhere and crack vials piled up under trees. The underbelly of greed was still there. Housing was unaffordable and a drug war was being carried out - a war where both sides were branches of US law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 1:29 PM

I don’t take advice from a dope & coke shooting junky who’s five year old kid falls out of a high rise building. Pampered scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2021 1:42 PM

He just released an anti-vaxxer song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 28, 2021 5:51 PM

Aside from the health issue, I deal with Performance contracts, Presenters and venues and feel sorry for them. What are they to do as many performers are requiring the opposite. The yellow M&M rider is one thing but this makes planning very difficult on the venue level.

by Anonymousreply 31August 28, 2021 6:02 PM

He makes us white folks look bad with his fucked up stupid ass views.. Just get buried already👎

by Anonymousreply 32August 28, 2021 6:10 PM

When does an artist retire? You're a grizzled old man. No one needs to hear 'Layla' for the millionth time.

When. Is. Enough?

by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2021 6:12 PM

I have to say, Layla is one of the best—maybe the best ever—rock songs. I absolutely put it at or near the top. I remember first hearing it very vividly. Crazy guitar, screaming angst voice. It is really the only Clapton song I liked, let alone loved. It’s a masterpiece rock song.

Clapton? I guess he’s a legend but I never like anything he did—except Layla.

by Anonymousreply 34August 28, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] Tears in heaven

Tears in HELL!!

by Anonymousreply 35August 28, 2021 6:25 PM

I never thought Eric Clapton would be the voice of science on the world stage, but here we are.

Do people in this thread know that the vaccines wane to 16% efficacy after 5-6 months and that they do not and were never even purported to prevent contraction or transmission of the virus? 60% of the people in Israel’s hospitals with severe CV19 induced illness are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 36August 28, 2021 6:32 PM

Last July, Green Day had a surprise concert in Tulsa. Masks and vaccination cards were required. Tickets, about 1,200, were sold out in minutes. Not a Green Day fan, but I appreciated their effort in trying to have a safe event.

by Anonymousreply 37August 28, 2021 6:39 PM

"I don’t take advice from a dope & coke shooting junky who’s five year old kid falls out of a high rise building. Pampered scumbag."

that is kind of harsh to call a toddler who died r29

by Anonymousreply 38August 28, 2021 6:45 PM

R38, they were calling Clapton a scumbag not the kid. I feel sorry for the kid, being related to Clapton and all that.

by Anonymousreply 39August 28, 2021 6:49 PM

I knew that r39, I was just making a joke because of how it was worded, the 'pampered' made it irresistible

by Anonymousreply 40August 28, 2021 6:52 PM

Hendrix was better.

by Anonymousreply 41August 28, 2021 6:53 PM

R40, I felt you were probably joking but it's so hard to tell these days on some of these threads! Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 42August 28, 2021 6:54 PM

R41, there are many guitarists superior to Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 43August 28, 2021 6:54 PM

no worries r42! It's nice that someone on here asked instead of assumed and attacked 😊

by Anonymousreply 44August 28, 2021 6:56 PM

Tears in Heaven

by Anonymousreply 45August 28, 2021 7:05 PM

EC's greatest contribution is his quiet dedication and service to the Recovery Community. Very few know about this.

As both addiction and covid are public health issues its baffling how he's come to draw such conclusions about dealing with the latter. Quite odd

by Anonymousreply 46August 28, 2021 7:08 PM

The little boy who fell out the window. Clapton was married to Pattie Harrison when he impregnated the boy’s mother. Pattie had been having fertility problems, was seeing doctors and wanted a child. Clapton took her out to dinner one night and told her he had good news. A lady was pregnant with his child, he said. This is a great opportunity. The three of us can raise him. He can spend time with his mother and spend time with Pattie & Eric. Shared custody. Pattie could be a stepmother!

He was surprised that she didn’t like the idea and divorced him. But then, Pattie was no angel, having cheated on her first husband,

by Anonymousreply 47August 28, 2021 10:37 PM

R47, he sounds like a huge deluded narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 48August 29, 2021 1:13 AM

So much for principles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2021 4:44 PM

R49, he's such a pussy. Maybe he'll blame this on his dead kid.

by Anonymousreply 50September 22, 2021 1:20 AM

Steve Bannon vibe

by Anonymousreply 51September 22, 2021 1:35 AM

Rock-n-Roll troll.

by Anonymousreply 52September 22, 2021 2:42 AM

He’s a coming for you Eric

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 22, 2021 3:18 AM

Uh oh

[quote] Eric Clapton’s Management Sort of Regrets Suing German Widow Over Attempted $11 Bootleg CD Sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 25, 2021 5:52 AM

Backtracking after bad publicity

[quote] Eric Clapton to waive legal costs against woman who attempted to sell single bootlegged CD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 25, 2021 5:53 AM

He’s a cunt and an asshole

by Anonymousreply 56December 25, 2021 7:44 AM

He's vile in every way. Irredeemably disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 57December 25, 2021 8:45 AM

[quote]I have to say, Layla is one of the best—maybe the best ever—rock songs.

Hardly, and no he wasn't that great as a guitarists either.

by Anonymousreply 58December 25, 2021 9:49 AM

R8, R9 Christian yobs.

by Anonymousreply 59December 25, 2021 10:16 AM

R28 Nice imagery. Thank you for sharing that.

by Anonymousreply 60December 25, 2021 10:17 AM

Fuck him. I hope he gets it.

by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2021 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!