Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

French Pres. Emmanuel Macron tough love message to the unvaccinated

“I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, time, my freedom, and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 2:04 PM

Fuck yeah.

I am generally against the government telling its citizens what to do with their bodies. But this is a once in a century event.

Quit being assholes and get the jab. So we can all go on with our lives.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 9:21 AM

no tweet is linked

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 9:22 AM

Tweet unavailable. Provide links that work bitch!

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 9:41 AM

Why are the French such anti-vaxxers? Here in Norway more than 90 % have said yes to getting the shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 9:45 AM

R4, maybe because Norwegian people aren’t complete brainless idiots who get their health misinformation from Facebook? Or maybe the government in Norway is more effective at preventing misinformation?

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 10:03 AM

I read somewhere that Russia decided to focus disinformation attacks on France. Anybody know why Putin might be mad at France - or maybe he's trying to stir up chaos in the E.U. and Macron is the most prominent (other than Merkel who's headed out the door) ?

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 10:17 AM

Here's a WSJ link for the Russian/France thing (paywalled but the story's summarized in the title)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 10:21 AM

The yellow vest protests were also fuelled by Russia. I would totally support putting a muzzle on facebook for spreading misinformation about vaccines. Sue that nasy fucker Zuckerberg into oblivion. Delta is a real bitch and will cause havoc many times worse than the initial covid strain.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 10:26 AM

Is that Macron himself talking about his adolescent daughters? Does Brigitte still have teenaged kids?

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 10:30 AM

R6, yes! Putin loves chaos and a strong EU does not work in his favor. Breaking up the EU little by little will only benefit Russia in the long run, and that’s his goal.

What I don’t know is why Europe is letting him get away with his disinformation warfare instead of calling him out. Look at what he did to the US, and he has been doing the same thing to countless countries in Europe. Of course, he loves to mess with the strongest powers the most, Germany, Britain, France, etc.

Why doorway he get called out and why doesn’t Europe do more to fight back? That’s the thing I don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 10:31 AM

*Why doesn’t he get called out?*. Sorry about the “doorway” autocorrect. That’s angry typing on my part.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 10:32 AM

Maybe because Merkel has been a double agent the whole time. She brought the chaos with the millions of refugees who were displaced by Putin's ally Assad in Syria. Then she brokered a deal with North Stream 2, making sure that Russian gas would have absolute choke hold over the German energy market.

Anybody familiar with the fact that Merkel's predecessor Schröder sits on the board of both Gazprom and Rosneft. NSA has been spying on Merkel for many years, even under Obama. Latest news is that Putin's people got into the inner circles of Merkel.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 10:41 AM

[quote]Why are the French such anti-vaxxers? Here in Norway more than 90 % have said yes to getting the shot.

Norwegians and other Scandinavians are sheep. They have an intrinsic herd mentality. I don't even mean that as an insult, it just is. The French, on the other, are born free-thinkers. They don't like the government telling them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 10:41 AM

.,.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 10:43 AM

R11 - because he cloaks his minions in the guise of patriots in every country he attacks. You should see the nationalist Hungarians and Romanians...anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers and spewing propaganda on TV and at rallies in native costume, chosen just so and infiltrating corrupt governments with bribes of money (courtesy of Russia) to get seats and pass legislation. Only the few realize these assholes are his minions. The rest fall for the act just like our more "rustic minded" compatriots fell for the MAGA line. That is his tactic. These assholes would show up at vaccine sites and tell people who already have been weary of authority that this is yet another ploy by foreign interests to control the population. Due to the new freedom of speech, it took forever to get them to stop. Also, they weren't stupid...they wouldn't say "there is no COVID" or "don't get the vaccine" because then the local authorities could remove them. Instead they would say things like "it's your body, foreign interests are out to control you...as for the jab, your choice, our kids are vaxxed BUT that was with non-experimental stuff". Shit like this makes a bit impact in some places.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 10:44 AM

The face on that woman in R4 could scare off the virus without the benefit of vaccination. I'm surprised she's not paid to accompany the Duchess of Cornwall everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 11:09 AM

Full quote by Macron

“I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us.

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen). Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary. "We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine." "I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 11:16 AM

For the first time, Macron has made me hot.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 11:18 AM

Which daughters is he talking about? Brigitte's kids are not about his age and one was even a classmate of Manu's.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 11:21 AM

R18 - Me too. Now I am really moving to Paris. We need him back home.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 11:46 AM

R13 Maybe that's true, but the vaccine coverage is lower in for example Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 11:51 AM

That statement at OP is perfection! Yum!

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 12:04 PM

Brigitte's daughters are 37 and 44. But one has a teenaged daughter - maybe he's talking about his step-granddaughter?

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 12:07 PM

R21 The vaccine coverage is lower in Sweden because the health authorities were strict about administering by age group. However, like Norway roughly 90% of residents here have indicated they intend to get the Coronavirus vaccine.

Also, allez Macron!

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 12:07 PM

Or maybe he has daughters we don't know about? Like Boris who can't remember how many children he has?

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 12:07 PM

I think with daughters he means French citizens in general. France's national hero is Marianne.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Brigitte also has a son who's two years older than Macron. None of Brigitte's kids are adolescents. Maybe he's talking about his step-granddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 12:23 PM

This has been debunked as fake news. While the mandatories are in place, the quote was paraphrased from an Italian journalist.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 12:26 PM

I think he did say this R28, my french is not that good but I do understand roughly what he's saying here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 12:35 PM

I nearly stood and cheered when I read the quote at R17. Goddamn, that's the right answer.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 12:52 PM

Your French is merde, R29. That’s a general statement of who has been touched by the crisis. Nothing about his adolescent daughters, which he doesn’t have. (His ‘stepdaughter’ was also his schoolmate.)

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 12:57 PM

Think Biden will take a late from him and do the same here? It is the perfect solution. I understand how volitive things are, but these people gunning for a civil war will find an excuse no matter what the President does. We can't put our lives in hold and in danger any longer for these cunts. Think it would work here?

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 2:38 PM

R31 - well my French is plus merde but I am glad he said it.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 2:41 PM

R32- Take a page. How long must we suffer waiting for an edit option? 😟

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 3:05 PM

They're holding out for goodies like money and gift cards. Soon they'll be giving away cars to entice the stragglers.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 3:39 PM

Now that's what one calls a leader. Bravo M. President! You listening Joe and Nancy?

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 3:59 PM

I agree, tell the unvaxxed to go suck rocks, at home

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 4:08 PM

Putin is behind a lot of discord and unrest around the world. He is the biggest troll on the internet.

He loves it - because he can point to it and say - have you seen what's going on in these other countries? Russia is BEST.

And Russians want to believe that - they really do. They think their country is the best and have this unfounded and irrational perspective about it. It's a shithole with mean-spirited, stone faced sociopathic residents.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 4:12 PM

Putin shputin. He's over once we have leaders speaking out like this. Viva la France!

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2021 4:16 PM

"And Russians want to believe that - they really do. They think their country is the best and have this unfounded and irrational perspective about it. It's a shithole with mean-spirited, stone faced sociopathic residents."

Why are you describing New York DL posters referring to their city?

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Sorry about that. Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Does Putin have blackmail on all of them? Wtf? Why will not one of the world leaders stop that fucking street thug? Why do they act afraid/intimated by the ugly little gremlin? The FBI, CIA, National Security, SSA, every law and justice office stood down while Putin via Trump took this country down. They allowed Putin to steal via FatAss all security codes and God knows what else. Why? Overpopulation? Upcoming food and water shortages and the rich have no intentions of sharing resources with us peasants? Was all of the One World Order predictions true? I can face things, I think, but not if I do not know wtf is happening. It is much so much worse not knowing.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2021 5:29 PM

"I read somewhere that Russia decided to focus disinformation attacks on France."

Presidential election campaign starts in september in France. Putin is mad that Macron avoided his attacks during the previous election : Macron's team set up decoy email servers for the Russians to hack that were written in French obviously and contained such stupid crap that once translated, anybody who spoke French could tell they were jokes that the Russian hackers couldn't understand due to the language barrier. No French media published them obviously, but instead made articles making fun of the Russians and condemning them for the attack.

Then as soon as he was elected Macron invited Putin to Versailles and put him on the spot in front of all the media for his failed attempt at attacking the French elections.

So I reckon Putin will try again tenfold next year since he cannot take humiliation very well.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2021 5:49 PM

If Macron loses the election to Le Pen next year, it won’t have anything to do with Putin. It will be because Macron has ignored social and demographic problems in France.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2021 5:53 PM

Macron won't lose to Le Pen r45 and even Le Pen is considering moving more to the centre because she's realised her right-wing extremism is off-putting to the majority of voters.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2021 6:12 PM

I worked in the health field & I was explaining to someone before about how continually developing messaging to antivaxxers is a waste of time.

You have no idea how much “public health” has been devalued, defunded & ignored for the last 50 years. We used to have a robust public health corps that kids actually learned about in their school textbooks. Public health nurses visited homes, dispensed vitamins, did nutritional counseling to moms about healthy meals to make for kids, gave medications to people for things like TB and made sure they took them. (The reason why US had problem with drug resistant TB in 80s & 90s is because govt slashed funding for public health & TB nurses were the first to go because “TB isn’t a problem anymore.”]).

My mother’s family was poor, had too many kids and had a visit from the public health nurse once a month. They got cod liver oil, a dose of castor oil for constipation if they had a “coated tongue” and vaccine boosters. The were checked for lice, worms, rashes, sore throats, earaches, etc.

Can you imagine this today? White families being regularly visited by a public health nurse? White people would be screaming mah rights! govt interference! Big Brother gathering data about mah health! Big Pharma looking for new customers! chips being planted!

During depression white people needed public health. With postwar prosperity, whites no longer needed it. Public health became relegated to black people and you know what that means…..funds were cut to the bone. Also, public health was very big on what was called “VD” back before penicillin. There were clinics one could go to & get tested and treated for the clap …for free. Children of parents with sexually transmitted disease were often physically or mentally affected by it, so public health was geared towards treating it quickly and quietly.

When penicillin came along, once again, white people no longer had need of public health clinics. They had health insurance, went to a private dr and got treated for “urinary tract infection.” Black people still had to go to a public health clinic, so the clinics and the black people became associated with STDs in minds of whites.

Postwar prosperity gave white people more freedom, choice, treatment, privacy, cures. “Public health” meant poor, dirty, black people with VD. Ronald Reagan - the whitest president the US ever had because he got things done that segregationists couldn’t do - slashed public health.

It’s no longer taught in schools. Kids have sex education and don’t learn the great history of what used to be US Public Health Service.

Then came the internet and autism, which is the new name for mentally retarded, profoundly retarded, the antisocial, the kids with short attention spans. Every other kid gets diagnosed with autism so they can get special help in school & a monthly SS check. Autism became an “epidemic” which some numbnuts claimed was from vaccines. Drug recalls had started in the 1970s, and people got scared that medication they were taking was contaminated, or caused horrible side effects. That’s when the “western medicine” trope started and people began to distrust doctors & pharmacists. You’d be amazed at how many people NEVER see an MD or DO today, but run to the herbalist, the wholistic practitioner & the Chinese acupuncturist who sells them tea.

That’s why these people won’t get the vaccine. It’s not just anti vaxxers. It’s 50 years of white prosperity, birth control, abandonment of “mental retardation” as a diagnosis & genuinely bad behavior by health insurance companies & drug manufacturers. And non-intentional drug errors.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2021 6:17 PM

Scroll down the tweet R31.

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote] Health Minister Olivier Véran announced 18,000 new infections in just 24 hours. This was compared to fewer than 7,000 cases a day last week, a surge of 150%, as the highly contagious Delta variant spreads throughout the country.

So I guess this will be us in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote] So I guess this will be us in the near future.

I think we should close our American borders again.

We just opened up to Europe, to people who are either vaccinated or Covid tested, I say close the borders.

Don't let anyone in, until this thing goes away.

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2021 9:37 PM

And I say, lock the unvaxxed in in their homes

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2021 10:14 PM

R50 - you literally just contradicted yourself. We should close to the vaccinated and to those that tested negative? WTF? Those people aren't the problem! The problem is the unvaccinated assholes right in the good ole US who go unchecked and spread it all over. We don't shut out those who have been vetted, we look here in our own back yard at the MAGA and anti-vaxxers and we make it so THEY have to get a vax or a negative test to go ANYWHERE. I say we welcome anyone vaccinated with open arms, support our tourism industry, and as R51 said, the umvaxxed can stay the hell at home.

My ex made the most comission during summer from Chinese and wealthy Middle Eastern and Eastern European tourists who wanted their American designer shit from a store in Beverly Hills. That was the case for all those working in retail, dining, beauty, hotels and fashion. We aren't gonna again leave those people without money cuz Dee Plorable (who also hates US) doesn't want to mask up or vax.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 12:59 PM

The US does not have a healthcare system in place that could keep track of who is vaccinated and who isn't....... I mean.....how would you know who is vaxxed and who isn't...but insist that they are. I have a card that has the dates I was vaccinated with the vaccine I received and who administered it......but that could be easily forged by some evil little genius.

We take the 'rights' of the nuts to be sneering and obstinate more serious than those who care and do the right thing..and get vaccinated .

The U.S is in a seriously dire situation. Something will have to change to get this Covid shit behind us.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 2:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!