Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carrie Fisher was a treasure .

I miss her .

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 8:49 AM

Now she is a buried treasure.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 8:03 PM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 11:04 PM

And the bipolar and an alcoholism were just color to that vibrant personality.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Tuesday at 11:09 PM

Maybe her audience were bipolar and people with alcohol and drug addictions. The "Hollywood Royalty" thing of her parents had faded by about the time she was born, and what a grim talentless mother caught in a time warp her whole life. The big blowsy no filters personality might have been more appealing had she not had all the many other excuses.

I never found much charm or humor or insight behind all the faces of Carrie Fisher. There was no part of her story that ever grabbed - the one exception might be the stories of her turning over a guest house to various people she barely knew, for them to write, or rehearse, or just hole up. That at least is interesting and generous, more so than the "I'm so fucked up!" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 12:09 AM

She surely had her demons, but she was talented enough to give at least as much or, per chance, more in sheer talent to make up for it. A charmed life? Sure...perhaps. What of it anyway?. In life there are no guarantees. I'm sure she'd be able to add a few great script re-writes. Perhaps something off-beat at least. Now, well never know. This is how we can better define depression.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 1:30 AM

She made M seem sufferable by writing her speeches.

That took real talent.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 3:18 AM

She was best friends with Griffin Dunne

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 7:30 AM

She really was. 2016 was a shitty year in general, we lost a lot of great talents. Bowie, Prince, George Michael, Carrie & her mom. I was crushed by the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 8:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!