Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hospitals Full & Vaccination Sites Empty In USA

With 1000 Covid Cases A Day

What's wrong with this picture?

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 4:03 PM

For starters, you made it up. That picture doesn't exist. Hospitals are not full. Stop spreading bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 2:16 AM

FF

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 2:17 AM

R1 it was just on NBC News - did they make that up?

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 2:18 AM

If they said hospitals are full, yes.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 2:19 AM

Gaaaaaaaaaa. I'm a troll who needs attention. For my next feat, I'll rim a baboon's ass.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote] If they said hospitals are full, yes.

Go to 55 seconds into video below for the

"Hospitals Full & Vaccination Sites Empty " quote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 2:21 AM

Arkansas

Central Florida

Southern Missouri

Hospitals nearing full capacity.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 2:22 AM

if its on the news then you know its true!

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 2:22 AM

My hospital I work in has zero Covid patients today, for the first time since April 2020. My state has high vaccination rates and low community spread of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 2:23 AM

The OP troll is starting to squirm.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] The OP troll is starting to squirm.

It is at R6 - go 55 seconds into video

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 2:24 AM

The more Republicans that die, the greater America will be.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 2:25 AM

I like how an increase from 1 to 2 is portrayed as an ALARMING 100% INCREASE, a SURGE WE HAVEN'T SEEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PADEMIC. Turn off the news, people, when you hear things portrayed this way. You are not getting news, you are getting Op-Ed drama.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 2:27 AM

I wish I could understand the joy some people have by spreading misinformation or taking a piece of what is true and twisting it into some kind of huge fabrication. The President mentioned a bit of this today regarding Facebook and how much of the misinformation is coming from 12 specific accounts. What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote] I like how an increase from 1 to 2 is portrayed as an ALARMING 100% INCREASE,

1,000 cases an hour is not an increase from 1 to 2

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 2:30 AM

Cedars Sinai had ZERO covid patients as of last week. My friend was in there with a lung infection and his mother was freaking out that he would be near covid patients. The doctors and nurses both confirmed and reconfirmed that they have separate Covid wards, and that they were ALL EMPTY.

Additionally, my friend was in a ward that had previously been a covid ward but which had since been opened up to non-covid patients.

So, one of the largest hospitals in the country, in the middle of Los Angeles, has zero covid patients and has been reducing the number of covid wards ready to accept patients.

I'm sorry but ever since I heard that from my friend and his family, I find all these alarmist reports to be simply hard to take seriously.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 2:34 AM

How can everyone be so dumb? It's like March 2020. Did we learn nothing?

Let's see... my guess is the cases are not going to go DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 2:34 AM

Very few countries even know how many "cases" - infections are happening nowadays. Most vaccinated people are stopped testing for suspected COVID. All the unvaccinated people who are going to have mild infections, are not testing. For all we know, 50% of the population is currently infected with Delta Covid.

I had the Hep B vaccine in the 80s? early 90s? when NY was pushing it on gay guys. 15 years later I had extensive high tech blood work and the Austrian doctor asked me when I had Hep B. I said I never had it, I was vaccinated. He said no I had it. I reinserted. He then looked closely at the blood work ands said - ah ha - in fact I have antibodies produced by the VACCINE as well as antibodies produced by a subsequent real contact with the live virus. Who would even know they can tell such things.

The point is, plenty of people will get contact with subsequent variants of COVID and they will be fine. they will never even know. Yes 1 out of 1,000, or 1 out of 10K, or 1 out of 100K might have symptoms.

Move on people.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 2:37 AM

At this point in time (3rd week of July), cases in NYS have tripled but we death rates are still low.

Nobody knows yet if that will hold up. Anybody who claims to know is trying to sell you something.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 2:37 AM

Stop it OP

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 2:37 AM

The news reports from multiple hospital systems and media outlets in Houston say numbers have risen very fast since July 1. I don't think the OP is being alarmist.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote] So, one of the largest hospitals in the country, in the middle of Los Angeles, has zero covid patients and has been reducing the number of covid wards ready to accept patients.

Which just means that covid patients will transferred from over=crowded hospitals out of state to LA

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 2:39 AM

[quote]Nobody knows yet if that will hold up. Anybody who claims to know is trying to sell you something.

The world might blow up tomorrow... nobody knows. Anybody who is in a constant state of spreading fear and concern do not have your best interest at heart. I'm starting to wonder if all of these alarmist posts are part of some type of agenda to keep people afraid.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote]So, one of the largest hospitals in the country, in the middle of Los Angeles, has zero covid patients and has been reducing the number of covid wards ready to accept patients.

Blue states where a lot of people are vaccinated are seeing low case numbers. The "full hospitals" scenario is happening in deplorable areas like Bumfuck Georgia and Asswipe Alabama where nobody is vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote] Central Florida

The Florida Governor Ron De Lunatic says it’s all just “seasonal”…….You know, like Christmas…tis the season lalalala…no need to worry, he has it all under control…( and he could be our next President)

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 2:44 AM

Friend is neurosurgeon here in Austin. Obviously vaxxed. Tested positive yesterday, has 102 temp right now, o2 is 92. His partner is in hospital. Wife is updating me now.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]Anybody who is in a constant state of spreading fear and concern do not have your best interest at heart. I'm starting to wonder if all of these alarmist posts are part of some type of agenda to keep people afraid.

Please talk to your troll farm supervisor about subject/verb agreement and how not to mix singular and plural. kthxbye.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote] Cedars Sinai had ZERO covid patients as of last week. My friend was in there with a lung infection and his mother was freaking out that he would be near covid patients. The doctors and nurses both confirmed and reconfirmed that they have separate Covid wards, and that they were ALL EMPTY.

I work at Cedars.

This is not my experience....and was not last week. What you heard from the friend of friend of friend of your friend’s mother is....well not the reality of this physician.

There are Covid cases. And wards. I cannot say how many, but numbers are rapidly increasing.

Hence why a mask order was implemented by LACounty.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 4:10 AM

I can only tell you what they told the family, r28. Is it maybe a thing at Cedars to lie to worried families to calm them down? Because the family was extremely freaked out by Covid , especially because he had a lung infection (which we now know nearly killed him) - and they were incredibly relieved to hear there were no cases. They group texted all of us the news with multiple exclamation marks.

That is DEFINITELY what they were told, r28, and I believe them before I believe you.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 4:20 AM

Is there any new consensus about whether fully vaccinated people can spread covid to unvaccinated? My aunt and uncle would like me to visit them in a couple weeks. My aunt is vaxxed but my uncle isn't ( he's only had the first shot). I am fully vaccinated but could I be some sort of " vector" so to speak? I am hearing mixed things online.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 4:40 AM

[quote] Is there any new consensus about whether fully vaccinated people can spread covid to unvaccinated.

Studies for the earlier variants of Covid are pretty reassuring in regards to non-transmission for (mRNA) vaxxed folks, R30. A recent one looked at outcomes b/t December 2020 and March 2021 and the vaccines seemed to hold and prevent spread.

However, the Delta variant is much more aggressive and seems to be a bit of a game-changer. There aren’t any good studies yet in the US, but an early few coming out of other countries show transmissibility.

We should know soon, though, as the Olympics will act as a case study and/or we observe more cases amplified by transmissibility via the Delta variant.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Only 33% of Mississippians are fully vaccinated. 37% have received at least one dose.

Dismal.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 8:30 AM

I got my first jab yesterday. Woke up today with a sore arm, but I'm happy. I have waited so long. Feels good to contribute to society. I don't only get the jab for myself, but for others. The goal is herd immunity and that can only happen when enough people say yes to getting vaccinated. Thankfully here in Norway more than 90 % have said yes (so far). For once I'm proud of my country. Though with that said, they are now struggling with people not showing up because most people have summer vacation and the summer vacation is holy to Norwegians. It's typical Norwegian. Smh. They prioritize vaction over getting vaxxed. Just wait until their vacation is over in August. They will come crawling back and there won't be enough vaccines for them. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 10:41 AM

.,.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 10:55 AM

[quote] I believe them before I believe you.

Covid denier calling a doctor on this forum a liar!

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote] Covid denier calling a doctor on this forum a liar!

Yes, R35.

We’ve seen (in the US), how powerful beliefs are. During the Trump admin, Covid-Deniers were actually protesting and thwarting medical care for patients (some of whom were not Covid patients); trying to barricade and bully nurses, health-allied professionals and doctors. One episode (a hospital janitor working at Cedars who temps at other facilities) spoke of being bullied in Beverly Hills.

It’s unfortunate. There seems to be a crisis: lack of compassion and beliefs so bizarre they travel in the mental illness lane (“I’ll believe what I hear from the friend of friend’s mother no matter what anyone else says who may have professional-on-the-ground-experience.”)

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!