Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fox News 180 degree flip on vaccines - why?

Yesterday morning Fox News flipped a switch and suddenly went from 24/7 "VACCINES ARE KILLING PEOPLE!" to "PLEASE GET THE VACCINE!"

(at least Fox & Friends & Hannity made that flip)

The question left unanswered is: why?

Who got to them?

Is this part of a larger strategy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2021 2:20 PM

Lawsuits?

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2021 12:57 AM

[quote]Lawsuits?

Most definitely one of the theories floating out there. There could be a class action suit waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 12:58 AM

I just started the same exact thread. Wow. Great minds...

But I’m going to defer to this one because OP beat me to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 1:00 AM

KILL EVERY ONE OF THOSE FUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 1:00 AM

[quote]I just started the same exact thread. Wow. Great minds...

Let a thousand flowers bloom!

Personally I don't think they're smart enough to work the reverse psychology angle. I think it's money and lawsuits, flat out. They got threatened with donors pulling out and lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 1:03 AM

The only anti-vaxxer on Fox was Tucker Carlson (even though he got the vaccine) the rest were crowing about how wonderful 'Operation Warp speed" was and what an achievement on the part of their Furher. The single exception is that many don't think children should be vaccinated. I have no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 1:04 AM

Money, honeys!

The wealthy don't want their portfolios sinking because the "poorly educated" won't jab.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2021 1:04 AM

The stock market DROPPED bigly, that's why.

The wealthy elite are worried about the Delta Variant causing another long term financial market crapout.

Fox literally changed their tune just after the recent big drop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2021 1:05 AM

I'm glad you started another thread on this subject--the punctuation error on the other one is atrocious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2021 1:10 AM

I don’t care, even if their reasons are less than pure. If it encourages more to get the jab, it’s great.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2021 1:11 AM

Hatehio tried to say Monday's tripling of cases to 660 was a 'technical glitch'. Then the next day they went to 744.

I think we are now being bullied by the business world, who want you out there eating, partying and buying things. If you die, you die. They are NOT going back to 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]The only anti-vaxxer on Fox was Tucker Carlson (

That is not true.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 1:19 AM

He never spoke out against vaccines including the Covid vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 1:20 AM

I though Fox’s narrative was that the Dems were forcing vaccines against peoples’ rights, and that people have a right to choose. That might have not been necessarily anti-vax,, but it certainly would have been interpreted that way by deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]I though Fox’s narrative was that the Dems were forcing vaccines against peoples’ rights, and that people have a right to choose.

That people should have the right to choose whether or not they want to take an experimental vaccine is a perfectly reasonable position.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]I though Fox’s narrative was that the Dems were forcing vaccines against peoples’ rights, and that people have a right to choose.

Laura Ingraham called them "experimental drugs" and questioned whether or not they even worked. Likewise with Tucktuck.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 1:31 AM

Over a billion people worldwide are fully vaccinated. Insisting the vaccines are "experimental" is just anti-vax propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Ooooh. I like this one.

[quote]Sounds like they all got a #LitigationHoldNotice, which warns of a pending lawsuit and instructions not to destroy evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 1:36 AM

Lawsuits, yes, and in the course of those lawsuits some very unsavory things might come to light regarding strategic lying about Covid. Also, Shitler is about to do a death spiral amidst some new revelations and they want to distance themselves

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 1:40 AM

What they were always on the Covid 🤡

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 1:43 AM

I'm sorry, but if your messaging consistently stresses the importance of personal freedom over the public health benefits of the vaccine, that is dangerous in the current environment. Fox has done everything it can to encourage and bolster skepticism of the vaccine over the last year. They know that's what their viewers want to hear and they were too chickenshit (until very recently, I suppose) to be responsible, even as they all got vaccines themselves. An avalanche of lawsuits is the least they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 1:44 AM

I'm gonna have a schadenfreude boner through 2022:

[quote]Mitch McConnell pleads with Trump supporters to get vaccinated -- and they bombard him with rage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 1:47 AM

Lawsuits over what?

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote]Lawsuits over what?

Do some reading on torts and liability and get back to us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote]Laura Ingraham called them "experimental drugs" and questioned whether or not they even worked. Likewise with Tucktuck.

They still have not been given full approval by the FDA.

Their testing is not completed. That is a fact.

If you consider that inconsequential, fine.

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 2:21 AM

So were people supposed wait for polio. measles, mumps, tetanus and every other vaccine that was ever created in the middle of an outbreak or pandemic for years until the testing was complete before they started taking it?

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 2:27 AM

I don't know why the FDA hasn't given the vaccines full approval yet, but is there any doubt at this point that they will? I don't think so.

Anyway, the "it's an experimental vaccine!" crowd were perfectly happy to push hydroxychloroquine so it's not like they're such purists about drugs. It's just an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 2:27 AM

One reason the Other thread:

They suddenly realized they're at risk of losing more White voters to Covid than they are Black voters they can suppress;

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 2:33 AM

R25, stop pretending the anti-vax crowd are waiting on the FDA. The FDA has already approved emergency use of the vaccines. Once the FDA finalizes approval, the usual suspects will start clamoring about how you can't trust the FDA anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 2:35 AM

[quote]stop pretending the anti-vax crowd are waiting on the FDA. The FDA has already approved emergency use of the vaccines. Once the FDA finalizes approval, the usual suspects will start clamoring about how you can't trust the FDA anyway.

Fine. I have no argument with any of that.

But the fact remains: the vaccines have not yet been given full FDA approval. Testing has not been completed.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2021 2:38 AM

R29: I've seen the trolls on Twitter:

"tHE vAAXXINES hAVNET bEEN aPPROVED!"

"The FDA granted emergency authorization in December"

"bUT tHEY hAVNEt bEEN aPPROVED!"

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2021 2:39 AM

R30 So what? A billion people are fully vaccinated. That is the largest trial within a year of any vaccine in history.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2021 2:40 AM

R30, the FDA also doesn't test, regulate or support supplements or essential oils as treatments. Do you think any of the vaxx holdouts use THOSE for doctoring?

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2021 2:43 AM

R32 Agreed. And despite that, the vaccines have not yet been given full approval.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]That people should have the right to choose whether or not they want to take an experimental vaccine is a perfectly reasonable position.

And that companies should have the right to deny service to the unvaccinated or not employ the unvaccinated is a perfectly reasonable position.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Ahhh, yes, R22. I have also seen the Deplorable Rage towards McConnell and Ham-ity for this transgression on my socials! The DPs are not having it, no way, no how!

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2021 2:45 AM

I think that every unvaccinated person who shows up at a hospital should be sent home and given hydroxychloroquine for a few weeks first.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2021 2:50 AM

or bleach

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Maybe the fascists are afraid that if too many people get really sick with COVID, the health care system will collapse and single-payer healthcare will be the only way forward.

The vaccine is a way to prevent that from happening.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote]The FDA also doesn't test, regulate or support supplements or essential oils as treatments. Do you think any of the vaxx holdouts use THOSE for doctoring?

GUILTY! Young Living Thieves Oil for the win! LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Pharmaceutical company pressure?

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2021 6:37 AM

It's now reported that the deaths only occur amongst the unvaccinated. No more Liberals getting owned. Time for the Deplorables to get vaccinated, so they can own Liberals some other way, aka doing the GQP's bidding.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2021 7:08 AM

Stock market crash. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote]Stock market crash. That’s it.

But the market recovered its Monday losses as of today. Are they anticipating a longer financial rout?

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2021 2:12 PM

The Dow is over 35K and even a 10% drop would be considered a correction. That's 3,500 points.

750 is a 2 percent drop and really not worth the Kleenex.

Rich people want you to think it's a big deal.

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2021 2:15 PM

1 and 4 today but I see 2 coming. This is pre-weaponization of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2021 2:19 PM

Don't worry until October. .

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2021 2:23 PM

Do they not have a single black person on that network?

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2021 2:37 PM

Lawyers. Lawsuits. The fact that everyone there was vaccinated months ago.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2021 2:42 PM

Delta is killing kids and it will kill a lot more. Google your state to see how many are in the ICU.

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2021 2:44 PM

Oh now, R48! They have Diamond and Silky, Candouche Owens and Hershel Walker Jr to trot out periodically! That more than fulfills the need for black folks that FOX viewers are able to handle, unless they're watching them be beaten or arrested on LIVE PD!

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2021 2:46 PM

R44/R45, but speculators are sounding the alarm. So it's not just the small crash, which just set off the bat signal to pivot on the vaccine, it's the fear of bigger crashes to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] I think that every unvaccinated person who shows up at a hospital should be sent home and given hydroxychloroquine for a few weeks first.

Treat them and send them the full bill. For every little thing used in the treatment. The evil of socialized medicine! Pulling yourself by the bootstraps!! GOP = the party of personal responsibility!

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]I think that every unvaccinated person who shows up at a hospital should be sent home and given hydroxychloroquine for a few weeks first.

Funny you should mention, that's precisely what hospitals in Sao Paulo were doing 2-3 months ago. They had no beds to spare so patients with COVID symptoms were sent home with packets of vitamin D and hydroxychloroquine.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]He never spoke out against vaccines including the Covid vaccine.

Absolute weapon's-grade horseshit.

I know the Trumpistas think they can make up their own reality, but there's a pesky thing called videotape.

[quote]“Weird how many vaccinated people seem to be spreading the virus at this point,” Carlson said. He was responding to the news that a White House staffer and a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s staff had tested positive for the coronavirus, after attending a reception with Democratic lawmakers from Texas visiting in Washington to prevent the passage of new voting restrictions in the state Legislature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 2:05 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote]Tucker Carlson: The COVID vaccine is dangerous for kids, Big Tech doesn't want you to know that -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote]Between late December of 2020 and last month, a total of 3,362 people apparently died after getting the COVID vaccine in the United States … The actual number is almost certainly higher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 2:14 AM

Oh shut the fuck up. You bitch and bitch and bitch and then when they do what you want, you STILL bitch.

Bunch of idiots.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 2:29 AM

Probably a bunch of the higher-ups got together and agreed how sick and tired they are with having to wear a mask when they fly first class commercial to Saint Barth’s. Now that their antivax shit is starting to prompt new or extend existing mask and distancing mandates, they’ve decided it’s become too inconvenient, personally, to keep pushing it.

Once the redneck audience get vaxxed, the higher classes will be allowed by British Airways and Ritz Carlton to start living normal again.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 2:40 AM

R59 = unvaccinated GQP plague rat

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2021 2:42 AM

Shit is getting real.

Fox News now has a VACCINE FINDER on the frontpage of their website.

That they're promoting on the TV channel.

Fox. News. Vaccine. Finder. Let those words marinate for a minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2021 2:43 AM

Well, this is honestly good news

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2021 2:59 AM

they have the previous footage already. They can still be sued.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2021 3:03 AM

Wingnut fight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2021 3:12 AM

but the damage has already been done. Most Republicans Anti vaxxers are saying that no one can change their minds, even prominent figures. Moreover, they are attacking Vaccine Scientists too, including Dr. Fauci. That guy is a HERO because he got a vaccine develop in record time, and this was during the Orange Hitler Administration. He had to deal with that orange fucker, the my pillow guy, a bunch of neo Nazis and the dumps family.

So Fox News and the Republicans are not stopping their attack on the Vaccine Program, Science and Scientists. There are a bunch of sociopaths.

I hope they are sued and LOSE, BIGLY.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2021 4:43 AM

The Fox News team in OP's pick is much more attractive than any other cable news team. I love the guy at at the far left and of course Tucker, with his naughty boyish smile. I love attractive blonds aesthetically, so the women work.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2021 8:13 AM

[quote]They have Diamond and Silky, Candouche Owens and Hershel Walker Jr to trot out periodically! That more than fulfills the need for black folks that FOX viewers are able to handle, unless they're watching them be beaten or arrested on LIVE PD!

They also like to name-drop Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Glenn Loury, John McWhorter, and Coleman Hughes.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2021 8:56 AM

Ick.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2021 11:32 AM

Republicans, their voters and donators' are dying For Fox, their viewers are dying.

Their internal polls are scaring the shit out of them.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2021 12:28 PM

You sound stupid, R67. Maybe that's why you love Fox News so much?

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2021 12:43 PM

[quote] Glenn Loury, John McWhorter,

Diamond and Silk with doctoral dissertations.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2021 12:44 PM

R67, I hope that was sarcastic, because that’s quite a lineup of piggy pigs.

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2021 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!