Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Survivor Season One: Borneo (Spoilers)

I watched Survivor for the first time in my life over the weekend, what a treat! You can watch it on Hulu.

From opening seconds of chaos until the final vote, this season played out like a novel.

Damn what an amazing cast of characters: sweet Sonja, millionaire B.B., princess Stacey, whining Romana, Bible-thumping Dirk, god-like jock Joel, warrior Gretchen, Ivy League Greg, emotional train wreck Jenna, lazy Gervase, sweet and sour Colleen, how-did-he-become-a-doctor Sean, redneck Susan, conservative veteran Rudy, two-faced liar Kelly, and antihero Richard.

There were so many great twists: B.B. wanted to be eliminated, Greg and Colleen, Gervase lasting as long as he did, the elimination of Gretchen, Kelly's continual immunity, and Susan's honest and much needed speech.

My favorite character was Sean. Least favorite was Jenna.

Now on to season two: Outback. (please do not spoil it for me)

What did you guys think of Borneo? Favorite character? Least favorite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:37 AM

Also the epilogue of this season is amazing, too:

Gervase went into acting.

Dirk is now a married pastor in Los Angeles.

Romana still talks ill of the show and how it negatively portrayed her.

Sonja came out as a lesbian at the age of 70.

Jenna has been married, and divorced, four times.

Kelly moved to Mexico.

Greg went on to pursue more degrees and works in environmental lobbying.

Joel gained a lot of weight. He is almost unrecognizable from his Survivor days.

Colleen lives in New York City and is married with kids.

Gretchen still teaches kindergarten in Tennessee.

B.B. passed away from brain cancer.

Rudy passed away of Alzheimer's.

Sean became chief of neurology at his hospital.

Susan and her husband live peacefully on a 60 acre ranch in Missouri.

Stacey sued the show and it was settled out of court. She is now an "inactive" lawyer.

Richard was arrested for tax evasion.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 11:14 PM

no comments? is this show too mainstream or too new for DL? lol

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2021 12:17 AM

Richard was a total queen, Rudy was homophobic, Stacey was a bitch, and Susan was white trash. I don't remember the rest.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2021 1:34 AM

kind of hilarious Joel is fucking fat ass now. let's be honest. he was a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2021 1:55 AM

For sure. I love it when hot god like guys end up looking like Ben Stiller at the end of Dodgeball.

It’s what they get for being a douchebag. Joel was a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2021 3:08 AM

R3 that’s harsh

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2021 4:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!