Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Crony Tom Barrack Arrested By The Feds

One more down and many more to go.

----------

Tom Barrack charged with illegally lobbying then-President Trump on behalf of UAE

Thomas Barrack, a private equity investor who is a close friend of former President Donald Trump, was arrested Tuesday morning on federal charges related to illegally lobbying Trump for the United Arab Emirates, the Justice Department said.

Barrack was chairman of Trump’s 2017 inaugural fund..

Barrack, 74, is a longtime friend of Trump’s, and the founder of the large private equity firm Colony Capital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2022 2:13 PM

Hip hip hooray!

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 7:14 PM

"Only the best people."

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 7:16 PM

Even if Anusmouth never goes to jail himself, if all of his money men and enablers with power DO, then he'll forever be stuck as the old, whining fat man, holding his three incher and telling people he's actually not a loser. 😁

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 7:20 PM

Oooh! Oooh! Please do Jared next!

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 7:24 PM

This story is obviously made-up nonsense. Donald Trump doesn't have any "close friends".

Just pathetic hangers-on whom he despises, and grifting family members (whom he probably despises even more).

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 7:24 PM

One corrupt motherfucker down.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 7:29 PM

"I don't know him."

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 7:31 PM

Trump pardoned Elliott Broidy in January, as a reward for taking the blame for Trump mistress Shera Bechard's pregnancy (I don't think she got an abortion).

But some of the crooked lawyer's cohorts ate going down. Can Broidy still be charged with new crimes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 7:33 PM

That inaugural fund is going to be the source of many arrests, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 7:35 PM

Wasn't he born in Kenya?

I hear he's a mooselim.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 7:40 PM

I think Garland is reluctant to create a precedent for reopening cases against a political adversary’s associates, so if the Trump Justice Dept decided not to prosecute, Garland will treat it as case-closed, absent some kind of clear corruption.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 7:42 PM

Someone needs to locate Garland's balls and send them back to him via Fed Ex (not the USPS, thanks DeJoy!). After all, since 2016 we live in "unprecedented" times. So, Garland, SET A NEW, HIGHER PRECEDENT! We should expect our representatives to be of a higher quality of people. Letting people slide will only give us more MTGs, Laura Boeberts and Marty Gaetzes.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 7:47 PM

You want each Justice Dept to reopen closed cases against the President’s enemies? Let’s go after Hillary one more time the next time a Republican wins?

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 7:54 PM

The elite protect their own, regardless of political stripe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 8:08 PM

The Justice Department is supposed to make policy without regard to politics. There are many good reasons to keep confidential grand jury records until the people involved are dead.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 8:16 PM

To the Feds: Could you pick up the pace a bit and arrest motherfucking Trump?!

And while you're at it...Ivanka, Junior, Eric and Kushner too!

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 8:35 PM

Drain the swamp!

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 8:49 PM

I see he also formerly owned Neverland Ranch. I guess he's the one who bought it from MJ's estate.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 9:32 PM

Ivanka must be furiously packing her Louis Vuitton luggage and searching for her passport. She may be taking an extended vacation to a non-extradition country.

That Inaugural committee was a total money laundering scheme. I hope Barrack has some info/receipts that'll help the feds indict the Trump children.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 9:36 PM

I'm SHOCKED!

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 9:49 PM

I didn't realize Dann Florek dabbled in politics. I guess all that "Law And Order" experience...

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 9:51 PM

Cunty CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2021 9:55 PM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2021 10:02 PM

Bitch, I said "Lock up Barack" not "Lock up Barrack"

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 12:34 AM

One defendant in the Barrack case fled the country in 2018 when he was first interviewed by law enforcement and hasn't been back since

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 3:58 AM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 1:42 AM

Trump drained the swamp!

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 4:18 AM

Here's an interesting thread about Barrack and his lawyer.

If you scroll through, Tim Hogan states that he believes Barrack is on the path to flipping and going into the witness protection program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote]he believes Barrack is on the path to flipping and going into the witness protection program

None of these outrageous, soap-opera-like twists and turns that the Twitter pundits suggest ever come true, though.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2021 12:33 PM

R14 The elite protect their own, regardless of political stripe:>>>>>>>

I do believe .....that's an accurate assessment

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2021 12:41 PM

The hearing for Barrack has been moved up to today. I guess he didn't want to spend the entire weekend in a jail cell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] None of these outrageous, soap-opera-like twists and turns that the Twitter pundits suggest ever come true, though

That’s 100% true. The media entertains its audience by presenting theories of how the bad guys will ultimately sell out their kingpins and pay the price for their greedy unlawfulness. But today’s kingpins aren’t Brooklyn mafioso wearing pinky rings. They’re celebrities who’ve been stealing in plain sight for decades, and along the way they bought politicians to write laws going easy on their white collars.

And I’d like to say that while Michael Cohen is funny & entertaining, I don’t think these arrests are coming from him. I think they’re a result of investigation, just like his arrest was. Bu5 he’ll take credit because…why not? I would, too. His father in law is a high level Russian mobster and the mob doesn’t need Trump anymore, so it’s ok to let everyone think Michael took him down.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 1:39 PM

I disagree completely about Michael Cohen, R32

He has supplied at least a portion of the paper trail that is going to be the star witness to several trials.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 1:48 PM

$250 million bail for Barrack. Is that an all time record?

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 11:14 PM

His connections to Jared Kushner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2021 6:29 PM

One of his bail requirements is that he can only fly commercial airlines. I'm sure that's the greatest tragedy of his life. He also got Colorado added to the list of places he can visit.

"Judge Bulsara: Mr. Barrack, you're subject to a travel restriction, now including Colorado. You are barred from contacting certain people, including Mr. Grimes as well as Mr. Al Malik or officials of the United Arab Emirates. You are subject to location monitoring. Judge Bulsara: You are only permitted to travel on a common air carrier... Do you understand? Barrack: Yes I do, your Honor. Judge Bulsara: Let me explain the consequences if you violate these conditions. There would be financial consequences..."

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2021 8:40 PM

Jury verdict.

Not guilty.

Another bunch of empty accusations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2022 1:28 PM

Fuck off, the right wing troll @R37.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2022 1:56 PM

[R38] aren't you a litter sensitive? As Jack Nicholson said "you can't handle the truth"

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2022 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!