Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ELDERGAYS: Question about Lucille Ball's husband Gary Morton

I'm 23 and was never that familiar with Lucille Ball. Since the pandemic, I decided to binge watch "I Love Lucie," and now I can say I'm addicted to it. Dezi was a real hottie, Ethel was a great sidekick, and Luce was and is so much funnier than anyone out there today. No one can do physical comedy like that today. Can u imagine Cathy Griffin stoming grapes? I'm almost done with The Lucie Show and I can't wait to see Life with Lucie.

Something on the Lucie threads here on DL intrigues me, and I was hoping one of you or some of you could clear it up. I know Garry Moorton is lucie's second husband. But a very common response from a lot of people is "Garry talked her out of it, or Garry talked her into it." Is this some kind of private joke, which it definitely seems to be.? If so, could someone please explain it to me, or let me on it? Because I'd really like to know what he talked her out of. Or into!

Thank you so much!

A

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 10:49 AM

He talked her into spelling her name correctly., L-u-c-y, as not to create confusion with her daughter, L-u-c-i-e.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 6:36 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 6:36 PM

I hope she also learned to spell D-E-S-I.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 7:47 PM

And K-A-T-H-Y Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]Garry Moorton

Double "oh, dear." Two words, both wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Pity OP didn't have anyone to talk them out of such a stupid thread.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 7:55 PM

OP...you watched all those "I Love Lucy" shows...well then, you must have seen the opening credits. For future reference:

Lucy = Lucille Ball

Lucie = DL fave and Lucy and Desi's daughter, Lucie Arnaz

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 8:52 PM

I remember reading in some book about them that people were reminded to refer to the two (when speaking, where the spelling difference is irrelevant) as "Big Lucy" and "Little Lucie," but NEVER "Old Lucy" and "Young Lucie."

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 9:03 PM

See, OP?

If only you had spelled your question correctly, you might have received an answer to it.

Now, you’ll never know.

Welcome to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 9:40 PM

OP: FYI, you get hammered around here for spelling and grammar mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 10:39 PM

OP: Gary advised Lucy on her career choices after marrying her. Thus, DL never lets us forget.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 10:40 PM

R4. In high school, she insisted on spelling it Kath-e Griffin (I was her chorus partner in our school production of Oklahoma!)

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 10:55 PM

It’s a shame you wasted time watching television OP when you should have been practicing your spelling.

0 / 100

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 11:11 PM

OP, frequently, when being interviewed, she’d get asked about some great role that she’d turned down and probably shouldn’t have, and her reply was frequently , “Oh, Gary wouldn’t let me do it”. So it’s become a stick reply here with the caftan crowd .

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote] I'm 23

No, you're not.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 11:32 PM

[quote] I remember reading in some book about them that people were reminded to refer to the two (when speaking, where the spelling difference is irrelevant) as "Big Lucy" and "Little Lucie," but NEVER "Old Lucy" and "Young Lucie."

They were referred to behind their backs as "Drunk Lucy" and "Sober Lucie."

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 1:36 AM

Life With Luca wasn't a bad series. It certainly was no worse than a lot of the sitcoms of that time. It needed Viv.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 1:40 AM

[quote]and I can't wait to see Life with Lucie.

Give me a call when you're seen that.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 2:22 AM

"Luce," OP?

That would have gotten your balls hat-pinned savagely by Miss Ball.

And with our approval.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 2:55 AM

You’re trying to kill me, aren’t you OP?

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 3:01 AM

Another "Just...why?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] Life With Luca wasn't a bad series.

I found it depressing. Child abuse just isn’t funny.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote]Life With Luca wasn't a bad series.

But living on the second floor was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 4:32 AM

Lucy!!! Sorry! Typo! I'll pay the fine! Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 10:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!