Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

***BREAKING*** Jeff Bezos just gave Van Jones $100 million for courage and civility

Van can re-gift it or keep it all

by Anonymousreply 163November 4, 2021 12:09 AM

I'm feeling all kinds of ways about Jeff Bezos right now.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 4:26 PM

Jeff Bezos is having a $1.2 billion yacht made with a smaller yacht to hold the helicopter to ride alongside. He paid no federal taxes and has made almost double what he made in 2020, pandemic and all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 4:27 PM

He has a good PR team but he fools no one

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 4:27 PM

This didn't happen, guys.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 4:30 PM

And now Jose Andres!!!! Now that is wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 4:30 PM

MacKenzie Scott Is Giving Away Another $2.7 Billion To 286 Organizations

She has so far given away more than $8 billion and she is STILL worth about $60 billion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 4:30 PM

And $100 million to Chef Jose Andres

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]He paid no federal taxes

Link, please?

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 4:31 PM

Why aren't there any news articles on this?

Bezos goes into space and an hour later gives $100M to Van Jones, the guy who worked with Trump? This doesn't make sense. Is this creative money laundering or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 4:32 PM

OP, THE LINK!

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 4:32 PM

Anderson Cooper on CNN says he had no idea that Van would be given a award or receive that money. CNN was showing the press conference LIVE at the time.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 4:37 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 4:37 PM

I am wondering how the taxation will work on these gifts by Bezos. I am assuming Bezos will require Andres and Jones to set up charitable organizations that the donation will go to, otherwise Bezos is going to have to pay gift tax to the Federal Government and we know Bezos doesn't like paying Federal Taxes.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 4:38 PM

r10 there isn't any yet, which is why I said it didn't happen. I did post a tweet about it at r10 from a source. It's apparently on CNN live right now.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 4:39 PM

Here's the commentary from the Telegraph that would not be permitted at r12:

Jeff Bezos announces new “Courage & Civility” award Caling it a “philanthropic initiative”, Jeff Bezos says he is launching a new award. He criticises people who question people’s “character or motives” rather than questioning their ideas.

Instead we should “question ideas”, he says. Ad hominem attacks “don’t work” – they’ve been around for a long time but have been amplified by social media, he says.

“But we do have role models,” he says

He will be giving $100 million to an awardee who can then give it to the non-profits of their choice.

This time, there are two winners.

The first is Van Jones. He says he will be giving the money to “grassroots” people to help them “connect with the geniuses who have disrupted the space industry” and other things – and using that to “disrupt poverty”.

The second is José Andrés, the chef and humanitarian. He says is “honoured”, and “really grateful for this award”, and seems to be on the edge of tears as he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]I am assuming Bezos will require Andres and Jones to set up charitable organizations

And I'M assuming that Jones will set up some front so he can funnel the money to some choad of a Republican and/or his alleged Kardashian girlfriend, while keeping a healthy chunk for himself.

Bezos is an absolute piece of crap. He won't give the money to charities, no, he spends tons on a two-minute space flight then pulls an Oprah "and YOU get $100M! and YOU get $100M!" presser afterwards for publicity. He's irredeemable garbage.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 4:41 PM

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK.

It’s true!

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Do you idiots not understand ***BREAKING*** after all these years?

There were no links at the time of posting because it was happening at that moment.

If you would like to post a link now, please do contribute something useful rather than screeching like a baby bird waiting to be fed.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 4:43 PM

I came home and my teenager was watching BBC, looking pissed off. I asked her what was wrong. She said “I’m just really angry right now”. Why?

“Jeff Bezos went into outer space and he didn’t die”

And this was BEFORE I told her to switch on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 4:43 PM

People use "BREAKING" for non-breaking stuff all the time. OP could have at least said it was on CNN right then.

A link was already posted, r18. Maybe you're the one who should shut up?

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 4:44 PM

R8

[quote] Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, George Soros, and Michael Bloomberg—most of whom make more money during an episode of the Bachelor than most people make in a lifetime, and whose net worth dwarfs the GDP of dozens of small countries—frequently, and fully legally, pay nothing in federal income taxes.

and before you come back to me about how they are only paying what is legally required, it is the lobbyists that these type of people employ and the political donations they make that get the laws written so they can avoid paying taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 4:45 PM

Something I didn't realize: Even Branson's little adventure cost taxpayers over 200M to build his vanity project in NM. NM, one of the poorest states and taxpayers subsidized a billionaires fun time.

We live in such a fucked up system.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2021 4:46 PM

billionaire's*

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2021 4:46 PM

WTF? Van Jones of all people? This guy is so shady and murky like wtf. This is just creepy. Of all the people who are out here really doing charity and are nameless and thankless and this guy gets 100m? He’s a political hack at best, and a foreign spy at worst. And he gets 100 million dollars I just don’t even know what just happened.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2021 4:47 PM

That 100m should Have went to Uncle Sam not van Jones smdh.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2021 4:48 PM

Imagine having the money to end homelessness and hunger globally but instead you hoard it and play Buck Rodgers.

Guillotine these motherfuckers already. Nationalize Amazon and all industry.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2021 4:49 PM

r15 is a dystopian nightmare.

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2021 4:50 PM

No one should allowed to be as obscenely rich as Bezos is. It is not healthy for society.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2021 4:50 PM

But does he get to see that BBC?

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2021 4:51 PM

Jose Andres said "let's feed the world" in his speech and, I hate to be That Guy, but is he are aware that Bezos COULD just feed the world, instead of going through this long publicity stunt rigamarole where he gives out 0.05% of his net worth?

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2021 4:56 PM

Van Jones is hot (and now super rich - the upper echelon of the 1% club). Can I be his dl on the side boy toy. I’ll make sure to share with that Kardashian bitch.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 4:56 PM

From Yahoo:

Jeff Bezos says he is giving away two $100 million prizes as part of a “courage and civility award”.

The prizes were announced at the end of a press conference to commemorate Blue Origin’s trip to space, which carried Mr Bezos and three fellow passengers on the company’s first ever crewed flight.

The first two prizes will be given to activist and TV personality Van Jones, and chef and humanitarian José Andrés. Mr Bezos suggested that further awards could be given away in the future.

Mr Bezos said that both of the recipients were not clear yet how the money would be spent. It could be given away to non-profits, either in one major sum or split between multiple ones, he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2021 4:58 PM

Our advice is that charity begins at home.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2021 4:58 PM

He is an abhorrent shithead.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2021 4:59 PM

R26 I totally agree with you about the fact that this money is not given to the most needy, I think it's disgusting. That being said, I just wish Americans would stop using the Guillotine as if it were part of their history. From the French pov everytime they see Americans talking about guillotines, they think they are ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. This did not happen in your country, but in France. You always have your electric chairs if you want to fantasize about "eating the richs". Having seen all these fake guillotines, as if it was some toys in the streets of some American cities during the BLM riots did not please the French people. They really did not like it at all. Leave the Guillotine to the French History.

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2021 5:00 PM

If Amazon would just treat its employees decently and pay them and also pay taxes then so many people would not go hungry. Walmart too. Same goes for hotels and fast food which make a fortune not to mention all the PPP windfalls for those sectors. You wouldn’t need so much charity.

Let’s also discuss the airlines who took in more relief than any other industry and still can’t find enough employees due to the low pay and thankless environment from management.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2021 5:01 PM

[quote]Is this true?

Why are you asking DL? Have you no research skills? Did someone remove Google from that device you're looking at?

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2021 5:05 PM

===WHOOOSH===

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2021 5:08 PM

r37, it's time to change that tampon. Yes, it has only been 10 minutes but clearly you're having a HEAVY FLOW kind of day.

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2021 5:10 PM

Van worked for TRUMP! That should say EVERTTHING right now! Wake up people!

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]I just wish Americans would stop using the Guillotine as if it were part of their history. From the French pov everytime they see Americans talking about guillotines, they think they are ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous.

Oh no, the French are complaining about things! OH NO! Everyone stop right now or the French will get even more angry!

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2021 5:12 PM

R38 The lack of argument in yours is significant, as it is all the time. Using the History of other countries as accessories is not smart. Not to mention the lack of class in this attitude. But hey, it's a waste of time to explain this to a retarded ignorant pos.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2021 5:12 PM

The thing is, r35, the guillotine is a much more visually impactful image than the electric chair. And its symbolism as a means of "eliminating" the "leeches of society" is unparalleled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2021 5:15 PM

R43 Hmm...I'm not sure that the guillotine is a more impactful image than the electric chair, but it's debatable. What you need to understand is that this is the story of another people, not yours. For the French, this period of their history is not quite settled. guillotine is not a toy, is not one of your Marvel movie. It kills people in France. And when you use the Guillotine in your protests you involve the French in YOUR social crisis. I know it's hard for some Americans to get that but respect of other countries history is important.

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2021 5:22 PM

when and what did Van Jones do with working with trump?

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 5:23 PM

Are you getting enough attention by derailing this thread so it's all about you, r44?

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 5:24 PM

“I’m giving you this money so you can give it to other people”

Sounds like some kind of fuckery. I’m not smart (or wily) enough to know what kind of scam or money laundering scheme this is, but it sure stinks.

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2021 5:24 PM

They are celebrities - Andres and Jones, Lauren Sanchez is a star-fucking Joker faced nightmare, she is running this show. This is Versailles. (Oh fuck sorry.) ok, this is... Betsy Shippen telling Benedict Arnold to betray his country?

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2021 5:24 PM

Some people are still pissed because Van Jones got caught telling the secret

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2021 5:26 PM

Damnit. Peggy Shippen. Look, Frenchie- we just don't have anything good to use ok? I'm sorry we steal your history and symbols, ours is just really short and lame.

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2021 5:26 PM

Peggie Shippen? LOL don't know her. What vulgarity. But this does not surprise me from a country that constantly takes other countries history as theirs and systematically disrespecting them. The fact is that america lacks so much History reference that it will draw from the history of others what it does not have. But it does so in a lamentable and grotesque way. Whether you like it or not. You have your electric chair!!!! Use it and stop being so pathetic. People Died from that guillotine. It's not so hard to understand you buffon.

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2021 5:31 PM

Oh my God no one cares! Guillotines for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2021 5:33 PM

The French talk about Nazis a lot. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2021 5:40 PM

No one cares... in America you mean! Since you all history started by stealing the Land from the natives, and keep sitting there 500 years later, everything seems normal to you. Thank you for proving me right, you are the most stupid people on Earth, everyone can see it every day. Envying the history of others makes you so small. So small. Now, keep trolling, i won't wasting my time anymore with brainless.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2021 5:40 PM

R53 As you would if the Nazis invaded your country, you anus mouth.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2021 5:41 PM

lot of French people wear Roman execution devices around their necks, and hang them on their walls.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2021 5:42 PM

Only in your fantasies R56 Jesus, impressive how ignorant you are.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 5:44 PM

So the Frenchman is going on about "cultural appropriation"? That's rich.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 5:53 PM

R22 Richard Branson isn't even American. Does he even pay taxes in America? So we're subsidizing foreign billionaires now?

And what are American taxpayers getting out of him using American resources to go to the edge of outer space on American soil?

Another reason to dislike the Brits. We fought a war to be free of them, and now they're following us over here. I don't understand why they won't just stay in the UK and run their own resources into the ground.

Fuck Richard Branson!

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 5:56 PM

“Somehow” the (Uncle Tom) Van Jones money will drift/grift it’s way to trump. This whole thing is a national embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 5:56 PM

r51, you're a pathetic little troll for switching to a second account to keep blathering on about the guillotine. How many sockpuppets are you going to go through? Sorry your daddy didn't hug you enough as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 5:57 PM

Lord what is going ON with this website... r51 isn't a sockpuppet, it's the same guy on the same account, but I had to ignore him a second time, now he's in my ignored list twice. I retract the sockpuppet accusation.

I'm still sorry r51 didn't get any attention as a child and has to be a pest online to get validation, though.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 6:01 PM

No, R59, he doesn't. he doesn't appear to pay UK taxes either:

Richard Branson

Net Worth: $5.1 billion

As the founder of Virgin Records and Virgin Atlantic airlines, Richard Branson is a business mogul sitting on a cool $5 billion fortune. Although he hails from the U.K., his primary residence is on Necker Island, an island in the Caribbean that he purchased for $180,000. Branson has repeatedly been accused of escaping to Necker Island as a way out of paying taxes due to the lack of income taxes there, but the Virgin mogul has denied this.

“I have not left Britain for tax reasons but for my love of the beautiful British Virgin Islands,” Branson wrote on the Virgin website in 2013, according to The Telegraph.

As a resident in the U.K., Branson would have to pay 50 percent of his income in taxes, compared to zero percent income taxes as a permanent resident on Necker Island.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 6:24 PM

Van Jones is a grifter and a fraud.

Bezos might as well have given $100,000,000 to any STRANGER ON THE STREET.

Jose Andres is a good man.

Throughout the pandemic and even before, he was organizing food drives, cooking for first responders and giving them food for FREE, and helping to feed the homeless.

Jose Andres is actually DOING GOOD. He's not just about words. He is ACTION.

Van Jones is a lying, deceitful, ignorant, grifting cunt. He makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 6:30 PM

Jose Andres should've gotten 200M and Van Jones can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 6:34 PM

Musicals provide the key to most of the things of life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 6:40 PM

r24 = Boris the Nazi Incel

It must really burn r24 up to see an accomplished person with good intentions make progress in life. All r24 has is venomous lies to comfort himself. Not a receipt to Van Jones' alleged corruption in the world. Fake News only. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Oh, yeah, R22. Rockets aren’t and public tax payers always carry the expense.

Funny how that’s never highlighted.

Wonder how Amazom employees feel about their taxes used to not pay taxes and then their taxes are used to give away untaxed money to a black dude on television why their boss flies in space on space craft they paid for with their federal taxes and they still can’t get a raise.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Van is going to use the $100 million to buy an engagement ring for Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2021 6:49 PM

r26 = Boris the Nazi Incel's sock puppet trolling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2021 6:49 PM

For all the assholes bashing Van. You all really need to do your research on van. Van has been an activist fighting for human rights and railing against the prison industrial complex in America for decades.

He's been bringing attention to the things he faught for during the Trump administration and the Obama administration for decades before anyone knew who he was. Van was once one of those people doing the work in society and not getting any attention or media spotlight. He's a public figure now, but he's been doing for decades what we've been seeing him do the last 12 years in the spotlight after he became a public figure because of his association with the Obama administration.

Van just believes in working with whoever's in power, rather that's a Republican or a Democrat. You can rail against him all you like, but what the Fuck are you all doing to help the people van has been dedicated to helping the last three decades?

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote] Van is going to use the $100 million to buy an engagement ring for Kim Kardashian.

No.

He's already planning an addition to his house, buying a new Cadillac, and holding a party full of Hennessy, Gin & Juice, and Don Julio Tequila.

The bitches and hoes are extra, though.

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2021 6:51 PM

I'm sure a huge chunk of that money will go to black organizations etc.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]The first two prizes will be given to activist and TV personality Van Jones, and chef and humanitarian José Andrés. Mr Bezos suggested that further awards could be given away in the future.

I think that Caitlyn Jenner and Demi Lovato might be future recipients.

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2021 6:54 PM

R73, do you... have a point?

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2021 6:54 PM

r68, what does race have to do with any of that?

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Wow, R73. What a stupid fucking comment.

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2021 6:57 PM

r35 needs to realize that this $100 million DOES have to go to the needy. Someone like Van Jones is going to ethically decide which charities to distribute it to much better than some mentally ill, homeless criminal.

r35 also needs to understand that Boris @ r26 is a right-wing troll who stole the "guillotine talk" in jest from others on DL and now repeats it on DL to troll and provoke Dataloungers into demonizing successful entrepreneurs who donate lots of money to progressive causes like Jeff Bezos.

It's a meme and completely disingenuous on r26's part — he's doing it just to get a rise out of newbies like you and cultivate an anti-Democrat political view.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2021 6:59 PM

Sorry, R78. I misread the comment @R73. My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2021 6:59 PM

What exactly is a "black organization?" The NAACP? BLM? Antifa?

What is R73 imagining?

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2021 7:01 PM

r40 is a Fake News liar with no receipts or links.

VAN JONES NEVER WORKED FOR TRUMP. Van Jones has lobbied Trump, like a lot of liberals.

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2021 7:03 PM

France doesn't have a monopoly on the guillotine anymore than America has a monopoly on revolution.

America did it first!

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2021 7:06 PM

I watched two minutes on CNN and could not stand another second seeing/hearing Bezos .

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Ughh!!!!! If only Jeff Bezos was gay... can you imagine what we could all do with a few extra billions?

I would buy you all houses! Yes I would.

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2021 7:08 PM

r64 has no proof.

Van Jones is simply a progressive commentator in the media and liberal lobbyist in Washington who trashes Trump and the trash Nazi Republican Party on CNN for a living.

That infuriates Boris @ r64 to no end, except for actually holding orange slime mold maniac con artists accountable in the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2021 7:12 PM

r68 Fake Newsing it up again, pretending "one black dude" gets to use the money for himself or profit-making causes.

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2021 7:13 PM

I liked Van when he first came onto the scene but he's become such a disappointment. Just another media pundit frantically kissing the ass of corporate right wingers while trashing democrats all day. There's a million others like him on CNN daily.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2021 7:17 PM

Van Jones trashes Republicans all day and that's why we love him.

by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2021 7:18 PM

Van Jones "Trump just became President in that moment."

THIS IS WHY WE FUCKING HATE HIM!!

Ass kissing, Trump licking douche.

I'll never forget this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Uh huh R89.

But but but this is when Trump is finally acting like a president.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Things he "faught" for, R71?

Oh, dear!

Please tell me English isn't your first language.

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2021 7:24 PM

I have just lost all respect for Bezos.

by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2021 7:27 PM

Jeff Bezos just bought himself a Black friend. His first.

by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2021 7:30 PM

So according to R32, Jeff had a rocket shaped piñata party , where everyone had a huge bat, took a big swing , won prizes while the only ones who really got clobbered more than the piñata were the American tax payers.

Now that’s some true courage & civility. A tech billionaire’s version of his very own quinceañera party, on u$!

Why didn’t these men just fly up together all at once?

Also, what’s the point of this? Is this another version of the Chinese versus the Russians versus the United States Space race of the 60s.

Van Jones aside, I see zero value here. Three indulgent man with one known to have stashed his cash away with questionable people and yet all pay with our taxes.

How much are you guys making an hour right now? I’m about to temporarily take a job making something like 12/hour max in the state of Georgia because Governor Kemp cut off our unemployment early.

Ok. Great. But the reason he gave was that there are many high paying opportunities and everyone is hiring. Nah. Everyone is hiring and paying 17/hr for doing back breaking labor, or working on an office with professionals making 12/hourly.

Anywhere Bezos’ distribution centers show up, the wages hyper inflate at false and unsustainable levels.

For about 6- 24 months tops, Amazon shoes up and suddenly, TEMPORARY agencies spring open everywhere (owned by a Bezos holding company? Perhaps?) and everyone is making money, except they have zero insurance, job security and are rarely hired at Amazon because Amazon is not here to give Americans health insurance.

After the market is saturated a cost/profits are stabilized, you realize no one made much money and the competition closed because Amazon ate them up and the temp agencies control the true wages and local salaries and averages of the economy in small town, USA.

Formula as old as time to keep places like where I am, poor, or poorer than dirt.

All of the above stated, Bezos’ current iteration of Amazon as a digital POS , POP, straight to your door model, is also unsustainable and you needn’t an MBA to work out the particulars of why that is, with a pencil and some blank papers. Even with the focus of subsidization of the profit model for that particular sector with our tax dollars and the partial crippling of our current USPS which we ALSO already pay for, and which Amazon ALSO subcontracts on our tax dime, leaves the Prime Model profits as an eventual unsustainable profit model, because profits must be controlled either via paying more taxes or lower wages for those in local areas and due to the unfair competition Amazon requires to exist as a business, hyper-inflation is the end result.

He knows this. A max 30 year economic cycle is as long as that puppy goes.

30 years is an entire generation of gains for Bezos and measured LOSSES for any economy which hosts his primary, secondary and contracted distribution lines.

That’s math. That’s probable and I can figure that shit out without an MBA, his bean counters were way ahead of me.

Bezos is an unscrupulous capitalist (and there is no other kind of capitalist- just to be clear) in a free market for very few, made possible by tax payers who pay 3X the cost of his business model costs and are left without any generational wealth or even an opportunity to create it.

This is one of the reasons why I have no choice but to move back to LA. I cannot make money here, regardless of my intelligence or professional experience. So far I’ve been pretty courageous and civil about the whole fucking deal. Where’s my money? Where’s yours?

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Wow, he could've given a 100 people a million or 1,000 people a hundred grand and really changed lives. Instead he gives an insane amount to a guy who doesn't need it.

That's liberals for you.

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2021 7:36 PM

Why didn't he just give the $100 million to Angela Lansbury?

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Because that’s Branson’s responsibility, Rose @ R97.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]CNN's Van Jones reacts to Donald Trump honoring the widow of a slain NAVY Seal, saying "he became President of the United States in that moment, period"

Oh, really, you Jared and Ivanka asskisser? Now do the widow of one of the four killed in Niger who said that when Trump spoke with her, he couldn't even remember her husband's name.

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2021 7:46 PM

Sure...$100 million is a lot of money, but for Bezos...over $200 billion in wealth, that's like me putting a dollar in the tip jar, when I get my coffee. It's a little generous, but I don't do it all the time. It's just a small drop in the bucket for him. No one should have that amount of money...it shouldn't be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2021 8:03 PM

Giving huge sums to the rich celebrities is SUCH a virtuous thing to do!

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2021 8:05 PM

It’s all a faux PR game.

Van Jones keeps ZERO of it because it’s taxable if he does… and PR wise, he’s gonna donate it ALL to charity, whether his own charity he created before this whole PR stunt, or another one of his choosing.

He won’t even see a check. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]Van Jones is the Black version of Shaun King

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2021 8:19 PM

Why just not say right from the start that all the money has to go to charity, so to avoid bad PR when people anyway automatically begin thinking that these men get to keep 100 million to spend on whatever they want?

by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2021 8:20 PM

Because black people, R104?

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote] I have just lost all respect for Bezos.

You had respect for Bezos, really?

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2021 8:29 PM

R106? That's exactly what I was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2021 8:37 PM

Great point, R96. Even if he gave a bunch of people only $50,000 to $100,000, it would be life changing for them.

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2021 8:38 PM

So Jeff Nezos gives $100 million to a CNN reporter who gushes over him constantly. Every dime will go to BLACK! BLACK! BLACK organizations that will siphon and grift it away. Al Sharpton alone will likely get a couple of million. And the other hundred mill to that chef…. This will benefit “inner city” people.

Once again, America’s rural poor don’t even factor in.

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2021 8:39 PM

“Kim, get your ass plumped back up. You’re getting hitched”.

by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2021 8:47 PM

For some odd reason, Bezos' mind has always been frozen when it comes to sharing his wealth. He doesn't know what to do. He's asked for suggestions numerous times. Van Jones is someone who evidently struck a chord with him and he's saying, "here, will you please go give this away to whomever YOU feel is deserving because I'm simply too confused."

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2021 8:56 PM

[quote] Ughh!!!!! If only Jeff Bezos was gay... can you imagine what we could all do with a few extra billions?

Why do you assume a gay man would give it to gays? Even if he did it’d go to TPOC.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote] Ughh!!!!! If only Jeff Bezos was gay... can you imagine what we could all do with a few extra billions?

[quote] Why do you assume a gay man would give it to gays? Even if he did it’d go to TPOC.

Exactly.

Think Peter Thiel.

David Geffen.

They're too busy spending their money on twinks and drugs.

And in Thiel's case... the Republican Party.

Oh, and securing a bunker for himself in New Zealand, where he can survive the zombie apocalypse.

If anything, I think that gay wealthy men are more stingy and less philanthropic than straight men.

Wealthy straight men are accustomed to "taking care" of their families.

Wealthy gay men only ever had to think about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2021 9:03 PM

These people have too much money. I don't know if OP's headline is correct. I am more responding to these two idiots that have so much money that they can launch themselves into space for a half hour with ZERO scientific value nauseates me. So much GOOD could come from this money with people less fortunate. This is SICK!

by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2021 9:11 PM

This money will go into a foundation set up by Jones and he'll live comfortably from it. Only morons believe he'd give it all away.

by Anonymousreply 115July 20, 2021 9:25 PM

Space jaunting billionaires like Bezos, Branson and Musk don't care about us and they care about our dying planet less. This is all part of their plan to ditch Earth and populate another planet with fellow billionaires and their slaves while the rest of us burn to death here.

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2021 9:32 PM

Van Jones didn't actually work for Trump, he helped draft a bill on police reform for Trump's white house.

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote] Van worked for TRUMP! That should say EVERTTHING right now! Wake up people!

He was undercover, he was just going through the motions. He didn’t really believe any of their shit. It was all to get intel and into that Kardashian’s pants.

by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2021 12:36 AM

All that money is basically going to the Kardashians. It’s grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2021 4:49 AM

This seems like the most random thing ever. Van Jones?

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2021 5:25 AM

[quote]" Jeff Bezos announces new “Courage & Civility” award Caling it a “philanthropic initiative”, Jeff Bezos says he is launching a new award. He criticises people who question people’s “character or motives” rather than questioning their ideas. "

Bezos is an asshole, so of course he'd do something like this. Examining the character and motives of people/orgs promoting an idea or agenda that affects large swaths of the country is critical and that he thinks it isn't shows him to be sensitive and pathetic. Where are the miserable Marys that were looking down their nose at MacKenzie giving away BILLIONS to charities that will help this country?

r58 Exactly. The French were just bitching earlier this year about American social movements (e.g., complaining about cultural appropriation) impacting their society.

r83, international commentors never miss an opportunity to post about how much they can't stand Americans on this American site, populated with threads relevant to American readers, and frequented primarily by Americans. Apparently their country nor their social media platforms created by their countrymen aren't interesting since they spend so much time here.

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2021 5:52 AM

But…but…Van Jones is a…shvartze.

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] a more impactful image

[bold]***CRINGE***[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2021 6:07 AM

I just pretended like I ever had respect for Bezos by saying "I just lost all respect for Bezos" because I'm a lying, right-wing troll and seething with rage that a wealthy, successful businessman is allowed to donate his money to Democrats and progressive causes.

They're supposed to be bribing Republican officials to hand over control of the law to corporations, Russian mafiarchs and Bible-thumping nutjobs, dontcha know?

by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2021 7:33 AM

[quote]VAN JONES NEVER WORKED FOR TRUMP. Van Jones has lobbied Trump, like a lot of liberals.

Jones helped Trump craft the police reform initiative that was signed as an executive order, then praised the executive order on the news without revealing he worked on it.

Later, he said Trump signing that EO meant he was the "uniter-in-chief."

Jones has said liberals are all like the lady in Central Park who called the cops on the birdwatcher and that they're worse than the Klan.

He's said that Trump "doesn't get enough credit" for "doing good stuff for the black community."

Jones said in a speech that we need the Republicans because a bird can't fly "with only a left wing."

He once interviewed Jared Kushner and said, "You have, like, the dopest job in the world."

by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2021 9:42 AM

Haha, I predict shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Was it the cabin pressure in space that rewired Jeff’s brain? Why wasn’t I there to welcome him back instead of Van Jones? I could be so much richer now!

by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2021 10:09 AM

.,.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2021 10:25 AM

R122 it isn’t that Jones is black. It’s that he’s a rich celebrity in a job that isn’t going to be outsourced.. We would have the same reaction if he gave it to Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo, or Erin Burnett.

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2021 12:52 PM

Jones doesn't get to keep the money!

by Anonymousreply 130July 22, 2021 1:11 AM

I haven't heard the word Civility for a long time.

Kids today prefer Sassy to Civility.

by Anonymousreply 131July 22, 2021 1:16 AM

R130 he can if he wants to. Bezos said so.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2021 1:54 AM

The only reason he's giving that money away is that his ex-wife (who's actually a decent human being) has been giving billions to various charities and human rights causes. She's the one who ended up with all the goodwill in the aftermath of their divorce and his ego can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2021 3:09 AM

Today's fun fact: Jeff Bezos and George Strait are cousins.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2021 4:02 AM

I think he should’ve given the $100 million to Jack Mackenroth if he was able to sit on that rocket..

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Reminds me of the robber barons - Carnegie and Vanderbilt. Made their fortunes on the backs of their workers and then started to do good works. Some amazing things still standing.

by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2021 7:40 PM

r136, we're living through a second Gilded Age.

by Anonymousreply 137July 22, 2021 7:48 PM

Jones will use it to pick up white women.

by Anonymousreply 138July 22, 2021 11:40 PM

I thought Van Jones was gay. Am I the only one? I could’ve sworn I read it here, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 139July 24, 2021 1:33 AM

Great, Van is the same guy that said Biden couldn't win and kept attacking Pete with his internalized homophobia under the veil of a racism lie we know all the Pete heaters used to try and take him down.

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]Jones doesn't get to keep the money!

Yes he does, it's totally up to him to keep it or give it away according to Bezos. And you know it's not going to give it all away. Especially with a Kardashian trash talking in his ear.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2021 7:55 PM

Kim Kardashian has her own money and I don't know why y'all keep bringing that Hussy up.

I'm so sick of her nasty ass.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2021 12:01 AM

I think the money was to shut people up about him taking a Vanity trip to space.

Go up to space and then come back down and give $ 200 million away to shut people up about him going to space.

Win Win!!

That's what I think anyway.

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2021 12:04 AM

Is Van Jones really fucking Kim?

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2021 10:17 AM

R144 I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 145July 25, 2021 11:28 PM

No one will remember anything but 'the hat that didn't fit'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 25, 2021 11:44 PM

His ex-wife gave away 2 Billion and plans to give even more. His 200 mil is only 10% of what she gave to charity and she did not get half his wealth. This is just a PR stunt. It's not even close to what he would have to pay in taxes is he had to pay the bottom tax rate people just above the poverty line are paying.

by Anonymousreply 147July 25, 2021 11:59 PM

Has anyone ever asked Bezos to his face about him not paying any taxes? and his reply was??

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2021 12:44 AM

Where can I send my application?

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2021 12:46 AM

Besos said:

[quote]“They can give all to their own charity or they can share their wealth. It’s all up to them."

Van Jones' charity is called Dream Corps.

According to their website, they do stuff in 3 categories: Justice Reform and Rehabilitation - Green Energy and Green Jobs reaching towards lower income people - Tech related education for lower income areas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2021 9:49 AM

[quote] But…but…Van Jones is a…shvartze.

Van Jones is dreamy

by Anonymousreply 151July 27, 2021 12:51 AM

Jan Jones is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 152July 27, 2021 5:42 AM

Bezos offer NASA 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒔 to buy the moon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 27, 2021 5:50 AM

With all the homeless and foster kids , abused kids , abused animals in shelters etc… he gifts this cunt millions? Jeff Bezos has no concept of reality anymore.

by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2021 6:31 AM

How many businesses has Bezos killled? History will not be kind to him.

by Anonymousreply 155July 27, 2021 11:54 AM

This is so nauseating. Anyone who watches the corporate press like CNN and MSNBC that praise Jeff Bezos for his generosity are gullible fools.

by Anonymousreply 156July 27, 2021 12:19 PM

Do we know what he’s doing with this cash?

by Anonymousreply 157October 16, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote] Anyone who watches the corporate press like CNN and MSNBC that praise Jeff Bezos for his generosity are gullible fools.

Anyone who watches FOX never sees no news of Rupert Murdoch giving his money away.

by Anonymousreply 158October 16, 2021 4:06 PM

Will there be media follow-up on where the money goes?

by Anonymousreply 159November 3, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]CNN's Van Jones Dubs Glenn Youngkin the 'Delta Variant of Trumpism'

Is Bezos going to ask for his money back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 3, 2021 7:41 PM

Now Van Jones can get more white women.

by Anonymousreply 161November 3, 2021 7:45 PM

Van, regift some of that to me. You haven't SEEN civility until you've watched me in action being nice to my old-lady neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 162November 3, 2021 11:56 PM

Recently a Security Guard at the Ninth Avenue and 14th Street was stabbed by a customer who didn't want to wear a mask. His family has a $50,000 Go Fund Me to pay for the the hospital stay, bills, and rent. Jeff could easily write them a check.

by Anonymousreply 163November 4, 2021 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!