Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Provincetown Covid Cluster Results in New Mask Mandate

The cluster of infected included some that were apparently fully vaccinated.

Ladies, visiting the Dick Dock is never a good idea. Whether it's Covid or Cooties - you're bound to catch something!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 3, 2021 2:23 PM

Advisory, not a mandate.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 2:07 PM

Beware of "Milky Loads," a far more serious threat in Ptown.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 2:15 PM

Bear week

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 2:25 PM

friends just returned from there and their whole house came down with covid

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Yikes, R4.

How the hell did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 2:46 PM

I specifically ordered the COVID-FREE Bear Soup!

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 2:49 PM

Has Dr. Fauci commented on the Provincetown outbreak?

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 2:50 PM

You may be done with Covid, but Covid's not done with you.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 2:51 PM

๐ŸŽต Covid is gonna getchu! ๐ŸŽต

Come on folks, conga line!

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 2:57 PM

Why don't you get a t-shirt with that slogan, R8?

I'm sure you'll be the life of the party.

Oh wait, you probably never get invited to parties.

In fact, you probably never even leave your mother's basement.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 2:58 PM

R4 are they vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 7:24 PM

This Delta variant is no joke. While the vaccines are highly effective, Delta does have the ability to break through the protective barrier.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 9:46 PM

Somehow โ€œprotective barrierโ€ never comes to mind when I think about Provincetown.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 9:52 PM

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 9:54 PM

I'd assume gay men would embrace a vaccine, but then I forget about the guys who can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 10:03 PM

R15. While Provincetown still has a sizeable and predominately gay summertime population, like everywhere else nowadays, the straights have weaseled their way in and at times, descended upon us.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 10:32 PM

WHORES!!

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 10:42 PM

Safer to go condomless than maskless!

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 10:49 PM

Those CPAPs are really gonna get a workout now!

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 10:45 AM

Tea Dance = Covid Shuffle ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿป

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 1:20 PM

I was going to go to Provincetown in August but the place I've been staying at since 2000 is ALL booked up, but maybe it's all for the best considering this mask mandate etc and it's a BIG drive alone up there 279 miles approx.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 1:24 PM

Donโ€™t blame the bears. This started weeks before their arrival - when the twink PROSTITUTION WHORES were there. You know, the sociopathic influencer trade batch that people like xxx pay to have around.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 1:25 PM

I know of two that got it and I thought to myself, this will show up on DL. Yes, they were vaccinated and they have Delta

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 1:29 PM

this likely happened during the 4th weekend bash which is 1 of their busiest

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 7:40 PM

Has anyone checked on Miss Richfield 1981. She poses wide-open-mouthed with anyone...

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 7:43 PM

I personally know four people so far who are positive after going last week

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2021 7:52 PM

I know 6 from Bear Week who are positive, 3 with symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2021 8:21 PM

^ Do symptoms include 32% body fat and an inability to shave their back hair?

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2021 8:48 PM

A friend went to Ptown for the second week of July and got it. He was fully vaxxed.

He says he knows of more than a dozen people who were there around the same time and tested positive. All fully vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2021 9:45 PM

There must have been a really strong Typhoid MARY to spread it to this many vaccinated people.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 3:54 AM

[quote] Ladies, visiting the Dick Dock is never a good idea. Whether it's Covid or Cooties - you're bound to catch something!

I swear I got HIV from sitting on a toilet seat!!

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 4:32 AM

They estimated 89 out of the 150 they found tested positive this past week had been fully vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 4:35 AM

Boston Globe:

Facing a surge of new COVID-19 cases since the July Fourth holiday weekend, Provincetown officials plan to hold an emergency meeting late Sunday afternoon to discuss actions needed to contain the diseaseโ€™s spread.

Provincetown officials imposed an indoor-mask wearing advisory early last week after reporting what health officials are calling a cluster, which has grown to include 430 cases as of Friday.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2021 7:22 PM

Dumb sluts ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2021 7:30 PM

^ Erma Bombeck or Ann Landers?

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2021 7:32 PM

Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2021 7:35 PM

God Forbid someone at wcvb spend 2 minutes to locate a SUMMER photo of P-town.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2021 7:43 PM

P-town is crowded and filled with small spaces with low ceilings.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2021 7:45 PM

And despite the rampant infection rates, the greedy innkeepers and hotel/guest house owners continue to charge top dollar.

Example: The Sea Glass Inn and Spa (formerly the Best Western Chateau Motor Lodge) is asking $481.00/night during August.

Fuck them and fuck Ptown.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2021 8:14 PM

I'm going for Carnival in a few weeks for our annual Ptown pilgrimage. I know a bunch of vaccinated people who've been there these past few weeks and who now have Covid (most with mild or no symptoms). I swear to fucking Christ if they cancel Carnival over this I am going to be extremely pissed. Everything was going so well...

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2021 9:01 PM

Oh shut up, R40. Who gives a fuck about your orgy?

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2021 10:01 PM

R39, yeah places like P-Town and Fire Island always screamed rich gays to meโ€ฆ.

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2021 10:03 PM

FOR THE ROW IN THE BACK:

๐ŸŽต Covid is gonna getchuโ€ฆ ๐ŸŽต

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2021 10:08 PM

Don't know about Fire Island, R42, but part of the allure of Ptown was that accommodations could be had at any price point, low, medium and high.

The perfect example of this was the Best Western Chateau, located on a hilltop on the outskirts of town. Reasonably priced but comfortable rooms. And CLEAN. You could eat off the pool deck and side walks, that's how clean the Gordon family, the original owners, kept the property.

Now, everything there, including restaurants, has been gentrified. I have yet to see anything spa-like about the Sea Glass Inn that would justify these ridiculous prices. .

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2021 10:18 PM

I live here. It's no longer the town most of you remember.

Sadly.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2021 10:49 PM

looking at the weekly list of gays on Scruff traveling to Ptown the last several weeks, no they are clearly not all rich.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2021 10:59 PM

Ptown is not at all affordable, even in the off-season. I mean, WTF? I prefer Wellfleet, which is much quieter and more scenic.

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote]I swear to fucking Christ if they cancel Carnival over this I am going to be extremely pissed.

R40. You're going to be extremely pissed?! That sounds bad. Ooohh, I'm sure everyone is quaking in their Speedos and is taking your threat very seriously. Girls, don't get Ms. Thing pissed! It won't be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2021 11:19 PM

R37. Yes, WCVB-TV Boston should know better. Get a damn summer photo of the amount of people walking on Commercial Street and visiting the dozens and dozens of shops and restaurants lining the street to show the density of Ptown.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2021 11:27 PM

I was in town for two weeks in July. My friends and I are negative and vaccinated. We did dinners and beach. We did NOT suck 50 dicks in the dunes, the dick dock and after hours parties. The people who complained about being positive were the same people, the week before, who were bragging about how much sex and how many partners they had the week before. Now, they are blaming the town. BTW they have all recovered. I am sure the numbers will go down to 2 this week, now that everyone knows what anonymous group sex gets you in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2021 11:27 PM

Ptown is not affordable. It's a great town and gay getaway, but the prices to stay anywhere are atrocious. And this is not because of Covid. It has happened for many years now. And so many places require a four- , five- and six-night minimum stay. It's very difficult for Bostonians to visit Ptown for a one- or two-night weekend stay. But regardless, the prices are insane and insulting.

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2021 11:30 PM

Orleans, MA, in the "middle" area of the Cape, is much more affordable. I stayed in a basic, old school motel and it was very nice. Good Thai restaurant in town. I made day trips (by car) to Chatham, Wellfleet, and Ptown. I found Ptown to be too crowded, too congested (tiny, narrow streets), and too poor value. I don't "party" and I don't do random hookups, so I'm glad I stayed in a nicer part of the Cape.

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2021 11:56 PM

Fuck no! I'm going in about six weeks, but not PTown. Wellfleet. And I'm not leaving the fucking house except for takeout and the emptiest beach I can find.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2021 12:35 AM

Supply and demand.

Provincetown is too popular for its own good. It's expensive because there is a steady supply of people going who will pay those rates.

Well rich gays, or gays with a lot of credit card debt r42...

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2021 12:42 AM

I'm surprised there haven't been cluster outbreaks at Fire Island or Palm Springs yet. They're as popular as Provincetown

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2021 12:49 AM

the latest...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2021 3:11 AM

Iโ€™m in PTown this week. Itโ€™s not a busy as it usually is but definitely much better than last year.

Hardly anyone is wearing masks outdoor and, even with the indoor mask mandate, there are still a few not wearing masks indoors. I assume July 4 and Bear Weeks were the busiest. Photos show gays shoulder to shoulder at the Boat Slipโ€”not a mask in sight. Donโ€™t know if the other weeks are that crowded. Carnival Week maybe. This is the first time Iโ€™m seeing tons of vacancy signs at B&Bs and, oddly, way more straight people than Iโ€™ve seen before.

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2021 3:23 AM

It makes a kind of depressing sense.

Delta is so much more transmissible. From NPR: "On average, people infected with the delta variant had about 1,000 times more copies of the virus in their respiratory tracts than those infected with the original strain of the coronavirus, the study reported. In addition, after someone catches the delta variant, the person likely becomes infectious sooner. On average, it took about four days for the delta variant to reach detectable levels inside a person, compared with six days for the original coronavirus variant."

So even if everybody is vaccinated there's only so much the vaccines can do against Delta so it is inevitable, in a highly vaccinated crowd, there are infections. But generally the reporting says mild. But if an infected person is blowing out 1000x more virus and you're standing around in a dense crowd shouting at one another for an hour or ten, Delta gonna Delta.

I'd almost venture you're safer on your knees blowing a guy than standing up talking to him - and for Chrissakes, if ever there was a summer to be fucked without a kiss....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2021 3:32 AM

Bears are gross and hateful bitches.

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2021 7:22 AM

R37 & R49 Yeah, all WCVB had to do was ask for a P-town photo from WCVB newsman John Atwaterโ€™s phone. Of course, the photo canโ€™t also show his husband Adam Williams because heโ€™s a news anchor at competing station WHDH, and perhaps because John and Adam donโ€™t appear together in public photos very often.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2021 7:59 AM

It's always smart to close the barn door after the horse has bolted.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2021 8:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2021 4:37 PM

CDC is lying.

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2021 8:13 PM

CDC had been fucking up right and left since this all began. I'm fully vaxxed, wear a mask in public, and I still am very skeptical of anything CDC says. It was their brilliant idea to announce that vaccinated people could stop wearing masks because OF COURSE unvaccinated people won't seize the opportunity to doff them. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2021 10:04 PM

CDC has been correct. Vaccinated people can unmask.

Itโ€™s not the CDCโ€™s fault if the unvaccinated do so too. The CDC canโ€™t be held responsible for every stupid thing someone does

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2021 3:11 AM

Clearly the CDC has been proven incorrect, R65, so shut up.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2021 4:30 AM

R66, please give an example. Just one

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote]DC has been correct. Vaccinated people can unmask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2021 3:38 PM

Interestingly, the WHO has been correct, despite all the slamming by the right.

The WHO said we need to mask up again and conservatives attacked. The CDC has been watching to see what happens in the US. Soon enough it will be the CDCโ€™s recommendation too

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2021 3:42 PM

Thoughts, R65?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2021 3:52 PM

This link works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2021 3:54 PM

Ask and you shall receive, R65. In abundance.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2021 6:01 PM

Maybe, just maybe, if Trump and the Republicans hadn't blown Covid off as a Democratic hoax, or a Chinese plot to make Trump look bad (as if Trump needs anyone to make him look bad) way back in January of 2020, we wouldn't be having this discussion today and assholes like R66 wouldn't be shooting off enormous quantities of hot air out of his enormous pie hole.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2021 6:07 PM

I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised, at the number of gays I know swarming to Fire Island and Provincetown the last few months. Yes, vaccines are out, but heading to densely populated parties first thing? Yeah, not interested in playing guinea pig. I have a few vacations planned next month, but standing shoulder to shoulder with 1000 strangers...not on the agenda.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] Maybe, just maybe, if Trump and the Republicans hadn't blown Covid off as a Democratic hoax, or a Chinese plot to make Trump look bad (as if Trump needs anyone to make him look bad) way back in January of 2020, we wouldn't be having this discussion today and assholes like [R66] wouldn't be shooting off enormous quantities of hot air out of his enormous pie hole.

Exactly how does being critical of the CDC's ridiculous move to tell vaccinated people it was ok to stop wearing masks equate to supporting Trump and Republicans, you stupid fuck?

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2021 6:19 PM

R71, yes, the thought is circumstances have changed so CDC changed its guidance.

No one can foretell the future, not even the CDC. As the situation evolves, so do CDC pronouncements.

We donโ€™t know what will happen tomorrow with Covid so itโ€™s stupid to demand that CDC keep todayโ€™s guidance if things change tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 76July 28, 2021 2:57 AM

R72, no, I havenโ€™t received anything convincing at all. The CDC has been correct, responding to fluctuations.

Do you really want the CDC to stick to one guidance no matter how Covid evolves? Science doesnโ€™t work like that

by Anonymousreply 77July 28, 2021 2:59 AM

I want the CDC to allow science to guide them, not pressure to restore the economy.

by Anonymousreply 78July 28, 2021 3:20 AM

And the science at the time was that those who had taken the vaccine could unmask.

And now thereโ€™s a variant for which the vaccine may not be as effective. Time to remask, likely.

CDC is following the science

by Anonymousreply 79July 28, 2021 1:40 PM

Sweetheart, give it up. You're wrong. The Delta was around AND in the US before the CDC made their proclamation. The CDC fucked up and so did you.

by Anonymousreply 80July 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Now 860 cases have been linked to the Provincetown cluster.

The CDC says that its recent guidance to mask indoors in high risk places was partially based on what seemed to have happened in PTownโ€”vaccinated people were infected with Covid (sometimes asymptomatically) and giving it to other vaccinated people.

by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2021 3:24 AM

I donโ€™t slut shame. People should be free to take all the anon raw loads that their musky hole can handle. But for the love of gawd, keep kissing relegated to fat cocks and dripping fuck holes! No face contact!

by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2021 5:34 AM

Outdoor bareback sex has always been my preferred scene. I feel vindicated.

Stay outside and away from Covid. Donโ€™t kiss anyone, donโ€™t talk to anyone, just dump your load in an orifice and leave.

by Anonymousreply 83July 30, 2021 5:46 AM

[Quote] Sweetheart, give it up. You're wrong. The Delta was around AND in the US before the CDC made their proclamation. The CDC fucked up and so did you.

The CDC doesnโ€™t just offer guidance for the fun of it. It waits until the studies are done and verified and THEN it gives the guidance. So, although the Delta variant has been here for a while, the CDC watches and studies how it reacts. The CDC only just concluded that it affects the vaccinated and spreads as easily as chicken pox and only now has made its recommendation to mask up in active areas.

Science takes time.

by Anonymousreply 84July 30, 2021 10:04 PM

Don't feed the bears, they may be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 85July 31, 2021 12:33 AM

The CDC was still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 86July 31, 2021 3:11 AM

Wrong yesterday, or wrong in May, R86?

by Anonymousreply 87July 31, 2021 3:12 AM

Wrong by jumping the gun and telling everyone to take off their masks if they're vaccinated. Logic told us it was a stupid thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 88July 31, 2021 3:14 AM

Will the sick bears have to be put down?

by Anonymousreply 89July 31, 2021 3:23 AM

I can't imagine, right after getting vaccinated, rushing to crazy crowded events. I'm going out, seeing friends, restaurants, all that jazz, but the idea of being packed in with thousands of strangers...pass

by Anonymousreply 90July 31, 2021 3:28 AM

Whooooooooh!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 31, 2021 3:41 AM

I blew my husband under the Dick Dock last summer.

by Anonymousreply 92July 31, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote]I blew my husband under the Dick Dock last summer.

I blew your husband there, too.

by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2021 4:02 AM

I'm gonna blow you and your husband.

by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2021 4:10 AM

Apparently 74% of those infected were fully vaccinated. Jesus. This surge is going to be terrible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote]Apparently 74% of those infected were fully vaccinated. Jesus. This surge is going to be terrible

And virtually none of them had anything more than mild symptoms. Meanwhile, it was Bear Week in Provincetown - hundreds or thousands of guys having sex all week - pretty ideal conditions for transmission. Plus, the outbreak has now fizzled out (per the mayor) and has not spread regionally (compare that to the Sturges event in South Dakota last year where the entire upper Midwest saw a huge surge in cases for weeks afterward).

The vaccines work. Provincetown is not a typical scenario and the media has been pretty irresponsible in how it's portrayed the whole thing (the "spreads as easily as chicken pox" thing is especially misleading and not what the CDC says).

by Anonymousreply 96July 31, 2021 5:13 AM

The PTown Town Manager is the biggest whore there. Blows anything at dick dock. No wonder its spreading.

by Anonymousreply 97July 31, 2021 5:26 AM

Mild symptoms or asymptomatic for vaccinated people. Geez, stop with the hysteria.

Very few actually got sick.

by Anonymousreply 98July 31, 2021 5:32 AM

[quote] Apparently 74% of those infected were fully vaccinated. Jesus. This surge is going to be terrible

Yes, and what percentage of people in attendance during that same time frame didnโ€™t get infected at all?

You do realize, I hope, that the more people in a particular population get vaccinated, the greater the number of positive cases will be among vaccinated people, right? This virus could still be circulating even if we got to a 100% vaccination rate. And guess what, 100% of the positive cases in that scenario would be among vaccinated people.

Please try to grasp this very simple concept.

by Anonymousreply 99July 31, 2021 6:20 AM

If the test measures antibodies... wouldn't all vaccinated people test 'positive'?

by Anonymousreply 100July 31, 2021 6:29 AM

Put the bears down. They are FAT and gross!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101July 31, 2021 6:51 AM

This started the July 4 week. Nothing to do with bear week. This fake news

by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2021 7:10 AM

Covid isn't the only virus making the rounds at Bear whatever.

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2021 2:05 PM

so out of the 132 infected, how many were vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2021 2:07 PM

this epidemiologist is a friend, I also had seven different friends get covid in Ptown.

I think his message at the end is very important

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 31, 2021 2:15 PM

This is further proof that a hard cock makes some guys highly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 106July 31, 2021 2:35 PM

Gays explain the science here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 31, 2021 2:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 31, 2021 2:36 PM

So fat pig gross bears only go to P-town during bear week? Sure, Jan. They were polluting the town during July 4 as well. Got what they deserved.

by Anonymousreply 109July 31, 2021 2:43 PM

Cute Dr Levasseur is a friend

Of yours

Of Shep

Or of Dorothy

by Anonymousreply 110July 31, 2021 2:50 PM

he's my friend, but yes, he's also a friend of dorothy

by Anonymousreply 111July 31, 2021 2:59 PM

From what I've seen/read, the most at-risk group outside of old people are overweight middle-aged men.

I'm just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 112July 31, 2021 3:19 PM

The bear doc at 105 bred me a few times. Nice cock

by Anonymousreply 113July 31, 2021 4:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 31, 2021 7:28 PM

I keep wondering as I read this weather semen makes it easier to get the corona. Iโ€™m sure no oneโ€™s gonna cover this but I just wonder

by Anonymousreply 115July 31, 2021 8:25 PM

R114, did he happen to mention the potency of milky loads.

by Anonymousreply 116July 31, 2021 8:54 PM

Yes, the PTown event was gay men, being very close, and having lots of sex.

Still, if I have sex with a guy who has the measles, Iโ€™m still not going to get it because of the vaccine.

So the vaccines arenโ€™t full proof but are still very effective to against severe disease. Vaccinated people can still carry and spread the delta variant.

by Anonymousreply 117July 31, 2021 9:00 PM

Alex Morse likes college guys.

by Anonymousreply 118July 31, 2021 9:06 PM

R118, who doesnโ€™t

by Anonymousreply 119July 31, 2021 9:37 PM

Morse was the youngest mayor of Holyoke, MA before he became PTown administrator

by Anonymousreply 120July 31, 2021 9:39 PM

R111, heโ€™s sexy as fuck

by Anonymousreply 121July 31, 2021 9:42 PM

Where exactly is the dick dock at PTown?

by Anonymousreply 122July 31, 2021 9:43 PM

This just shows the importance of getting to herd immunityโ€”over 70-80% vaccinated. The US is at about 60% of adults.

We are protected as a community if we reach herd immunity

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2021 9:45 PM

The people who are vaccinated and who get Covid very very rarely ever become very sick. All of the people that got Covid during the 4th of July in Ptown were vaccinated and only have cold like symptoms. But people who are vaccinated and get Covid can pass it on to unvaccinated people.

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2021 9:51 PM

The positive numbers in Provincetown are way down. That will never be reported in the news though. They basically write off the town for the summer and don't report the good news and good behavior.

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2021 9:53 PM

I donโ€™t mind the stupid deplorables who are unvaccinated getting Covid and croaking. I just donโ€™t want to give it to kids who canโ€™t get vaccinated yet.

But after the kids are vaccinated by the end of this year (hopefully), the masking ends

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2021 9:58 PM

[Quote] The positive numbers in Provincetown are way down. That will never be reported in the news though. They basically write off the town for the summer and don't report the good news and good behavior.

The problem was most of those positives took Covid elsewhere as most affected were tourists. 900 are now connected to that outbreak

by Anonymousreply 127July 31, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote]One of the bars is like a 'dang dungeon where sweat drips from the ceiling and mold reaches up the walls,' Sullivan said.'It might have been designed for viral transmission,' he added.

sully knows nothing about virology

by Anonymousreply 128July 31, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote]Still, if I have sex with a guy who has the measles, Iโ€™m still not going to get it because of the vaccine.

you might

by Anonymousreply 129July 31, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote]The bear doc at 105 bred me a few times. Nice cock

he's SUPER happily married but before that was sort of a partier.

by Anonymousreply 130July 31, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote]he's SUPER happily married but before that was sort of a partier.

Clearly this is a the hopeful yet suspicious spouse...

by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2021 10:22 PM

Will their fat necks make it harder for bears to be intubated?

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2021 10:29 PM

[Quote] One of the bars is like a 'dang dungeon where sweat drips from the ceiling and mold reaches up the walls,' Sullivan said.'It might have been designed for viral transmission,' he added.

Which bar is he talking about?

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2021 10:29 PM

[Quote] Will their fat necks make it harder for bears to be intubated?

No

by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2021 10:30 PM

The problem was most of those positives took Covid elsewhere as most affected were tourists. 900 are now connected to that outbreak

This town had been doing everything right for 2 years . The "Tourists" brought it with them.. (Possibly) unvaccinated from Texas and the south. It wasn't intentional, it's just the way it happened. And people were reckless for two weeks . Everyone back to behaving and the numbers show it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 31, 2021 10:35 PM

R130 yeah he partied in my ass. He's a rough fuck.

by Anonymousreply 136July 31, 2021 10:40 PM

Bears are gross even when they aren't helping to spread a deadly virus.

by Anonymousreply 137July 31, 2021 10:42 PM

How many of the parties was Andrew Sullivan at?

by Anonymousreply 138July 31, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote] The people who are vaccinated and who get Covid very very rarely ever become very sick. All of the people that got Covid during the 4th of July in Ptown were vaccinated and only have cold like symptoms. But people who are vaccinated and get Covid can pass it on to unvaccinated people.

Oh, you went and talked to every infected person in PTown to find out that they only had cold-like symptoms and that they won't be suffering from anything in the future tied to Covid? Aren't you the industrious one.

by Anonymousreply 139July 31, 2021 11:55 PM

The article about Andrew Sullivan was good, but why call P-town โ€œlgbtq-friendlyโ€? Itโ€™s a town for GAY MEN.

by Anonymousreply 140August 1, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote]If the test measures antibodies... wouldn't all vaccinated people test 'positive'?

Depends on the tests. PCR and antigen are looking for signs of infection, proteins indicating active infection. Antibody tests look for antibodies. Different animals.

No stranger to idiotic statements, Milky Loads offered this whopper: ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’‚๐’„๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’”๐’Ž๐’Š๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’Š๐’“๐’–๐’” ๐’‚๐’” ๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’, ๐’—๐’‚๐’„๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’† ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’‘๐’๐’“๐’•๐’” ๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’ ๐’“๐’†๐’Ž๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’“๐’Š๐’”๐’Œ".

Well, yeah, idiot... if they do transmit and if a passport divides the herd in risk and less risk, who they transmit to still matters.

by Anonymousreply 141August 1, 2021 12:42 AM

And no one claimed the vaccines eliminate all risk - they mitigate it. The tool.

by Anonymousreply 142August 1, 2021 12:43 AM

The basically eliminated all risk (99.95% of it) until Delta came along and reduced the effectiveness to, supposedly, 19%.

Yes, 19% is what someone claimed on Twitter based on a study in Israel.!

by Anonymousreply 143August 1, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote[Oh, you went and talked to every infected person in PTown to find out that they only had cold-like symptoms and that they won't be suffering from anything in the future tied to Covid? Aren't you the industrious one.

There are people called epidemiologists and public health experts (have you heard of them?) who interview everyone involved in an outbreak such as this one, who contact the people they were in contact with, who tally up their symptoms. How do you think we know how many people were involved in this?

by Anonymousreply 144August 1, 2021 12:54 AM

Did they also tell your fortune, R144?

by Anonymousreply 145August 1, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]Sixty-nine percent of confirmed cases among Massachusetts residents have occurred in individuals who were fully vaccinated, officials confirmed, and those infected have been found to be predominantly symptomatic.

Did those of you saying the vaccinated who got infected were all asyptomatic and didn't get sick forget how to read?

While we all know what was going on in Provincetown, the media has been extremely careful to avoid pointing out that it was basically a giant gay male orgy.

And to the idiot saying that Provincetown is a gay man's town, sorry, but the lesbians were there first.

by Anonymousreply 147August 1, 2021 2:34 AM

Okay, so itโ€™s a gay and lesbian town, R147. Not a fucking โ€œLGBTQ+โ€ town.

by Anonymousreply 148August 1, 2021 2:56 AM

Agreed, R148. At this point, gays and lesbians will have to start colonizing our own islands and starting a navy to keep straights, Qs, and Ts away.

by Anonymousreply 149August 1, 2021 3:05 AM

R106 Or as Robin Williams put it, โ€œGod gave men a brain and a penis, but only enough blood for one at a time.โ€

by Anonymousreply 150August 1, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] There must have been a really strong Typhoid MARY to spread it to this many vaccinated people.

There was a rumor that a certain performer with an immensely gaping hole may have something to do it. Too much fisting and not enough washing

by Anonymousreply 151August 1, 2021 3:25 AM

[quote] Oh shut up, [R40]. Who gives a fuck about your orgy?

I do, I was looking forward to shooting my loads up some hot twinks asses after being shut down by covid. The need to seed is intense.

by Anonymousreply 152August 1, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] I was in town for two weeks in July. My friends and I are negative and vaccinated. We did dinners and beach. We did NOT suck 50 dicks in the dunes, the dick dock and after hours parties.

R50 well, Iโ€™m sorry your vacation sucked - or actually lacked any serious sucking. P-Town is all about the sun, the fun, and the endless fornication.

by Anonymousreply 153August 1, 2021 3:37 AM

R56 Well, isnโ€™t that Grand.

by Anonymousreply 154August 1, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] Will the sick bears have to be put down?

Probably

by Anonymousreply 155August 1, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] I'm gonna blow you and your husband.

Now thatโ€™s just showing off

by Anonymousreply 156August 1, 2021 3:53 AM

R96 he took my load

by Anonymousreply 157August 1, 2021 3:55 AM

[quote] The article about Andrew Sullivan was good, but why call P-town โ€œlgbtq-friendlyโ€? Itโ€™s a town for GAY MEN.

No. It's absolutely not.

As someone pointed out above, [italic]the lesbians were there first.[/italic]

[bold]DEAL WITH IT.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 158August 1, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote] Where exactly is the dick dock at PTown?

It's in the mountains, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 159August 1, 2021 3:57 AM

From the quote at r114:

"Sullivan, who lives in Provincetown, packs about 40,000 people in a town of about 3,000 during peak season."

HE packs about 40,000 people in town?

I doubt anyone's surprised. Same old slutty Andy.

by Anonymousreply 160August 1, 2021 4:03 AM

there was a tv show based on this town, was it cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 161August 1, 2021 4:03 AM

That was Providence, R161. Unless you're talking about some porn I'm unfamiliar with.

by Anonymousreply 162August 1, 2021 4:16 AM

no, there is a starz (I think) drama called P-Town

by Anonymousreply 163August 1, 2021 4:17 AM

Because P-Town was colonized recently, last two decades, by rich straights. Owners.

by Anonymousreply 164August 1, 2021 4:19 AM

r161, that's Hightown. They shot a second season but it hasn't been released yet. (Starz also has P-Valley, which is about a strip club in Mississippi.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 1, 2021 4:21 AM

If the CDC is reexamining its take and guidance on Delta-variant Covid infection and spread based on Provincetown-originating outbreaks, including vaccinated people's "breakthrough" ones, I think a little critical thinking is in order before pushing for the general population in so-called uptick areas to start needing to increase mask mandates and wearing indoors, etc., given that the Ptown upticks likely were first centered on a summer holiday weekend in a relatively small, densely packed tourist town where throngs of people crammed into places packed like sardines and interacting physically quite a lot. Not everywhere is that happening, and so to base increasingly restricted mask mandates again on the Ptown-originated infections' particular setup dynamics seems prematurely too cautious and not enough fully thought out to me.

by Anonymousreply 166August 1, 2021 4:24 AM

thank you R165, that was the series I was thinking of. I watched the first season.

by Anonymousreply 167August 1, 2021 4:24 AM

Hightown - I watched it. Meh. Lot of wasted potential.

by Anonymousreply 168August 1, 2021 4:24 AM

R161 R162 R163 R165 Thanks for that gay version of a George Burns and Gracie Allen routine.

by Anonymousreply 169August 1, 2021 4:44 AM

All joking aside, P-town is a good community in a very vaccinated state. Good contact tracing. It seems like they got enough of a grip on the outbreak that friends of mine could visit a week or so as if the covid cluster didn't happen. Granted this is a mixed gay/straight group and tea dance isn't on their agenda.

Is tea still on? It's looking subdued on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 170August 1, 2021 5:02 AM

R166, I'm actually starting to think that the CDC is just using this as an excuse to reverse the policy. It gives them cover to fix their original mistake and no one is questioning it because then they'll have to explain that everyone there basically got Covid at an orgy.

by Anonymousreply 171August 1, 2021 5:36 AM

Your theory doesn't hold water because in Los Angeles, 20% of all new infections in the month of July were breakthrough, and they were a hell of a lot more than 883.

by Anonymousreply 172August 1, 2021 8:57 AM

I laughed out loud at this bit in the NYT this morning: "By the end of the week, Mr. Katsurinis was taking reports of positive coronavirus cases โ€” all gay men, with an average age of 30 to 35, many of whom had seen a doctor for other reasons, like flu symptoms [italic]or sexually transmitted infections, [/italic]not suspecting the coronavirus."

That's us!

by Anonymousreply 173August 1, 2021 12:17 PM

also from NYT: At least 233 staff members at two major San Francisco hospitals, most of them fully vaccinated, tested positive for the coronavirus this month, and most, according to a hospital official, involved the highly contagious Delta variant.

Some of the cases were asymptomatic, most involved mild to moderate symptoms and only two required hospitalization, officials said. The infections were determined to be Delta-related because most samples in San Francisco were tested for the variant, which is now dominant in the city.

About 75 to 80 percent of the more than 50 staff members infected at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital were fully vaccinated, Dr. Lukejohn Day, the hospitalโ€™s chief medical officer, said in an interview on Saturday. The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center said in a statement issued on Friday that 153 of its 183 infected staff members had been fully vaccinated.

The statement from the U.C.S.F. Medical Center said that two of the infected staff members required hospitalization. None of the infected staff members at San Francisco General have been hospitalized and most had mild to moderate symptoms, Dr. Day said. The asymptomatic cases were discovered through contact tracing.

Without vaccinations, Dr. Day said, the hospitalization rate would be much worse.

--

It's so disappointing. I thought we had made major strides returning toward normal.

by Anonymousreply 174August 1, 2021 12:20 PM

Well, I never stopped wearing a mask when in public. This summer, I've been to two gatherings: 4th of July, about 30 people at someone's house, and a family birthday party a week ago. I quarantined for 5-6 days after each event. Everyone is vaccinated, no one wore a mask. So far we're all fine. But I'm all finished with social gatherings until I get my booster. My sister was going to Chicago to visit friends, (we live in South Carolina, ) and she was going to fly, now she will drive. Alone. My mother is torn between worrying about her driving alone and her flying during COVID.

by Anonymousreply 175August 1, 2021 12:26 PM

Is this officially the "Andrew Sullivan Cluster?"

by Anonymousreply 176August 1, 2021 12:28 PM

The huge problem with Andrew Sullivanโ€™s โ€œlets just let it ripโ€ suggestion is that there is a huge part of the population that canโ€™t get vaccines โ€”kids under 12.

Sure they are unlikely to get the disease in the first place but it seems like Delta is infecting kids a lot.

by Anonymousreply 177August 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Also, kids between 12 and 18 who have assholes as parents who won't let them get vaccinated because they'd rather have their kids die than go against Trumpkind.

by Anonymousreply 178August 1, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] No. It's absolutely not. As someone pointed out above, the lesbians were there first. DEAL WITH IT.

Yes, R158, I saw that reply, and replied to it @ R148 in acknowledgment of the lesbiansโ€™ original claim to the land. I donโ€™t know why youโ€™re responding to me as if I disputed that or even merely ignored it.

Unless youโ€™re contending that P-town belongs to the lesbians even today and isnโ€™t known primarily for being a destination for horny gay men who want to fuck. If thatโ€™s what youโ€™re claiming, good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 179August 1, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote] Well, I never stopped wearing a mask when in public. This summer, I've been to two gatherings: 4th of July, about 30 people at someone's house, and a family birthday party a week ago. I quarantined for 5-6 days after each event.

Why would you quarantine after that? Did you wear a mask at both events?

by Anonymousreply 180August 1, 2021 4:16 PM

Masking up is to help the people who are unvaccinated.

Most of whom are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 181August 1, 2021 10:42 PM

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2021 2:06 AM

I saw this on GMA. Did Trevor Ault and Alex Morse blow each other afterward?

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2021 3:15 AM

Live! from the Provincetown Covid Cluster. Trevor Ault and Rob Marciano are on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 184August 2, 2021 3:32 AM

A hip chic talking about the outbreak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 2, 2021 12:35 PM

Why hasnโ€™t Gio Benitez been in P-Town? Those are his โ€˜peopleโ€™.

by Anonymousreply 186August 2, 2021 1:26 PM

R180, No masks at the events.

by Anonymousreply 187August 2, 2021 3:22 PM

I Was Part of the July Fourth Provincetown โ€œBreakthroughโ€ COVID Cluster. Itโ€™s Been a Sobering Experience.

It doesnโ€™t seem so benign, even if vaccinated.โ€”loss of taste and smell, fever chills. Sure, it prevented death but thatโ€™s it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 2, 2021 10:08 PM

yeah, my friends who went had a great variety of reactions, a bad headache to more than a week of aches and pains and sinus issues.

by Anonymousreply 189August 3, 2021 1:42 AM

^^ Sounds like my life year-round, even pre-Covid

by Anonymousreply 190August 3, 2021 1:44 AM

yeah, the fact that sinus troubles is a common symptom of delta worries me as I get sinus issues at the drop of a hat

by Anonymousreply 191August 3, 2021 1:48 AM

The bears ruin P-Town.

by Anonymousreply 192August 3, 2021 2:14 AM

how?

by Anonymousreply 193August 3, 2021 3:14 AM

R188, youโ€™re saying thereโ€™s nothing in between those symptoms and death?

by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2021 3:20 AM

The PTown cluster occurred before Bear Week. it was July 4th weekend

by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2021 11:05 AM

R192

If you're going to blame anyone - though you shouldn't - this all started with the circuit boys from July 4th.

by Anonymousreply 196August 3, 2021 12:02 PM

R195 beat me to it. Sorry to repeat.

by Anonymousreply 197August 3, 2021 12:03 PM

Beat those circuit boys

by Anonymousreply 198August 3, 2021 12:25 PM

Did the whole Gays Over Covid do anything to punish those circuit sluts?

by Anonymousreply 199August 3, 2021 1:45 PM

The bears and their fat nasty body odor spread the virus. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 200August 3, 2021 2:15 PM

R200, let me guess. You're an MD, PhD, MBA, MPH, JD who used to work for the CDC

by Anonymousreply 201August 3, 2021 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!