Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JK Rowling pokes the bear again

"Now hundreds of trans activists have threatened to beat, rape, assassinate and bomb me I’ve realised that this movement poses no risk to women whatsoever."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 11, 2022 5:47 PM

I've no strong opinions on Rowling but people who post targeted death threats on easily tracible twitter accounts are so retarded they deserve prison sentences. There's a reason the go to method used to be a an ethanol coated letter, comprised of words cut from magazines, posted anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 4:32 AM

I'm team Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 4:38 AM

The Transtapo is so full of shit that this is what they'll quote:

[quote]Now...I’ve realised that this movement poses no risk to women whatsoever."

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 4:43 AM

The trans cult is like radical muslims. They'll hunt you down and cut your head off.

Stay Safe, JK!

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 4:43 AM

Rowling's a goddamn hero. It made me laugh when the perpetually offended started burning her books.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote] "Now hundreds of trans activists have threatened to beat, rape, assassinate and bomb me I’ve realised that this movement poses no risk to women whatsoever."

This would only be "poking the bear" if the 'bear' isn't doing anything to her.

They have a particular hatred towards women. The straight kid that started #superstraight earlier this year had to take his original video down because T&Co started sending violent messages to his mother. They send rape and death threats at the drop of a dime then wonder why women don't want them in sex segregated spaces and also don't challenge them about the issue face-to-face. They're like MRA incels in a dress and ratty Korean wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 4:53 AM

And *always* with the fucking anime avatars

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 4:56 AM

JK Rowling, right then, and right now!

If you aren't a "TERF" you really just hate women.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 6:49 AM

R6 might be a manlet, im not sure

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 6:55 AM

Love JK Rowling! Long may her battle against the trans loons rage on.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 6:58 AM

Fortunately, she can afford security for herself.

I swear, these people are psychotic and mentally ill.

I have no doubt that they would follow through with their threats against Rowling.

Yet even though she can afford security, it's an awful thing to not be able to live your life freely, and without fear of being killed by some deranged lunatic trans activist.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 7:19 AM

The Trans is so, so angry!

Is it because they’ll never squirt?

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 1:12 PM

[quote] The trans cult is like radical muslims. They'll hunt you down and cut your head off.

You think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 3:00 PM

R4, That tweet is from a Christian, you hyperbolic clown.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 4:08 PM

PLEASANT PEANUT CLIT!!!

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 4:10 PM

I'm totally with you Queen JKR!

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 4:16 PM

I'm mostly offended by the fact that Rowling doesn't use the Oxford comma in her tweets.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 4:20 PM

[QUOTE]I have no doubt that they would follow through with their threats against Rowling.

R11 - I get what you're saying and it is very wise to take these threats seriously. But these people making threats at her...the vast majority (like way over 99%) are men with no social skills, who have achieved nothing at all in their lives. Why else would they feel the need to act this way? It's playing to the crowd of their fellow misogynists.

They never gang up on men in this way. Ever.

It's always men (however they "define" themselves, they're ALWAYS men) attacking women. Always.

Again, I have to put the caveat in for the hard of understanding; not all trans people behave this way or believe these people are right to behave the way they do. Most want a quiet life and to just get on with living it. These insane people (and I don't use that term lightly, they are mentally ill) have nothing else in their lives but fucking Twitter and that's tragic.

I may despise these men, but I despise even more the social media that brings them their microdot of infamy and sense of worth.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 4:27 PM

She isn’t poking the bear, she is just not letting the bear maul her.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 4:31 PM

Have you remembered to pick up your benefits today and go to your computers to complain about "the great replacement", "moslems", "trans" and whatever other EDL boogaboo you've been told to push?

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]The trans cult is like radical muslims. They'll hunt you down and cut your head off.

Yes, we all remember that spate of revenge murders committed by trans people against those who hate them.

Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 4:57 PM

That tweet is in response to the crazy trans cult attacks on a woman called Milli Hill, who dared to say that the people who give birth are women. The twitter trannies are especially enraged right now because another woman called Helen Joyce has just published a book called "Trans: When ideology meets reality", which is very intelligent and well written. As with Rowling, the trans cult tried to smear her with accusations of anti-Semitism because she mentions Soros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2021 4:58 PM

JK ROWLING TAKES ON POINT THREE PERCENTERS IN FIERY TWEET EXCHANGE

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]But these people making threats at her...the vast majority (like way over 99%) are men with no social skills, who have achieved nothing at all in their lives.

We don't know who they are. It could be a handful of trolls from Macedonia with a bunch of sockpuppets. It may not have been hundreds. We're being told this information from someone who has an agenda and a reason to present themselves as a victim, and who has given us no evidence.

Meanwhile I've seen multiple women on here who have used Rowling's words as part of their series of threats about what they want to do to trans people and anyone they think supports trans. In a recent thread that got deleted, your buddy Matt said a lynch mob should be formed to exterminate trans, and two of you replied that you agreed.

You can all go to hell with your ~concern~ about Rowling receiving threats when you're the kind of people who make these threats yourself.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2021 5:04 PM

"Poking the bear" = says anything at all about the trans activists continuing to call her a pedophile and make death threats against her, spreading outright lies about what she said, and calling her the antichrist

Fuck that, OP. They WANT her to shut up. She's not "poking the bear" by being a woman with an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2021 5:05 PM

Dolores Umbridge was MTF.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2021 5:06 PM

She's a heroine - she has far more guts than the average celeb. She'll be vindicated eventually, and a lot of people are going to have to eat humble pie.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2021 5:10 PM

She wasn’t poking a bear, she was poking a dog that identifies as a bear.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2021 5:13 PM

Mutilate - or life-saving healthcare?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2021 5:13 PM

LITERAL VIOLENCE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2021 5:16 PM

R24 it's cute how you went from misinfo to "how can we be sure this is true??" (Implying that it isn't true when there are lots and lots of examples to the contrary) , pretending that people who might agree on this one issue are all the same or have the same motivation and opinions about everything else, and then finishing with a wide ad hominem attack against anyone supporting her or questioning the trans activists' tactics. Again, these same tactics are visible ALL OVER the internet, in every forum including this one, whenever "trans" is mentioned.

YOU can go to hell with your bad faith arguments, lies, obfuscations, logical fallacies, and gaslighting. It's clear what you are doing now, and more and more people are reaching "peak trans" every day due to this sort of thing. You and others like you are on the downhill slide, and you're desperately trying to keep that from happening.

Oh, I have an idea, what if you continue to overreach, bully and dogpile anyone who says otherwise, and then pretend it all didn't happen or was ACTUALLY people who are somehow working for these powerful people who are "anti-trans" and keeping trans people from existing? It may have worked for you thus far, but the facade is cracking.

JK Rowling gave that facade a mighty blow, and millions of people worldwide have seen the overwhelmingly ridiculous and hateful response to it from trans activists, who thought they could bully yet another woman into submission. In reality, the massive backlash against her from the trans activists and their useful idiots have served to "peak trans" more and more people who thought they were just "being kind" but realized they were helping a misogynistic, homophobic cult spread their lies and gain power.

Keep digging that hole.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 5:17 PM

A DLer must have made this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2021 5:19 PM

R29

[quote]I've had thousands of threats sent to me because of JK Rowling.

Today in "things that never happened". Note how no examples of these THOUSANDS of threats are forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2021 5:20 PM

This is one or two cunty hairy bull dykes who just want attention and want the spotlight on their political platform. Borrrr-ing. Why does JKR keep taking the bait????

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2021 5:21 PM

I believe I’ve read every word JKR has published about trans and fail to find anything there to drive her critics to such DRAMATIC responses. They sound like they’re crazy.

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2021 5:23 PM

R34 how borrrrr-ing must it get before you expire from ennui?

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2021 5:23 PM

R35 it's a cult.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2021 5:24 PM

When you are rich, famous, and influential, and you keep inserting yourself into a fraught issue like this, WTF do you expect to happen? Rowling must be getting off on this for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2021 5:24 PM

"Violence! Violence!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2021 5:28 PM

Whatta shocker, OP is on the Florida meth lady fingering herself thread making "jokes" about how gays shriek all the time! I'm so glad you absolute pieces of fuck have come to a gay board to be homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2021 5:28 PM

R38 Try reading anything she's written about this, because you clearly haven't. She is a woman, self-id infringes upon her rights and the rights of all women. She has a vested interest in this because it is an attack on her sex-based rights.

She's not "getting off on this" - she is standing up against a massive tsunami of crap, because she is one of the few people in the world who can do this, and she knows it. She's a philanthropist and actually seems to care about the world and the people in it.

She's an incredibly strong woman.

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2021 5:30 PM

The Harry Potter books aren’t great and don’t deserve all the fuss but she’s right about women. And the attempts to “cancel” her only prove her point.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2021 5:33 PM

R38, Rowling is a woman. She has every right to speak about what it means to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2021 5:34 PM

R29 Isn’t that what they wanted? Oh wait, the mutilation has to have consent? Oh so mutilation is only ok if you ask for it specifically!

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2021 5:35 PM

Pro-Rowling all the way. I’ll call myself a Rowlingite!

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 5:37 PM

R24 is soooo offended and righteous yet she encourages cruelty to animals. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 5:39 PM

Give it a rest already! My titties are tired! She knows what she done already.

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2021 5:39 PM

Lol, I have the crazed lunatic at r24 on ignore. Batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2021 5:41 PM

We need to help her

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2021 5:43 PM

She's a REAL Queen!!!

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2021 6:01 PM

Remember: her name is pronounced ROE-ling. Too many people get that wrong.

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote] Remember: her name is pronounced ROE-ling. Too many people get that wrong.

It is MA'AM!!!

Once again, it's Ma'am!!!

And you need to mind your business...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote]Meanwhile I've seen multiple women on here who have used Rowling's words as part of their series of threats about what they want to do to trans people and anyone they think supports trans.

Sure, dear, sure.

[quote]Keep digging that hole.

I see what you did there.

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2021 6:24 PM

R52 If someone spliced video store lady with angry LA spa woman… “HE HAS A PENIS…” “ITS MAAM!!!!!” 😂

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2021 6:38 PM

Ugh, reddit-people.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2021 7:44 PM

Love this bitch! She's a rare example of a "a teflon TERF" (a TERF who's far too rich and powerful for any tranny smear to stick to her).

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2021 8:08 PM

R56 = She was poor asf before she became famous, certainly more than you. Your pathetic argument is laughable!

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 8:13 PM

never liked her, but she's TOTALLY RIGHT

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 8:17 PM

R57 What are you talking about? Clearly R56 was praising JK, and it sounds like you are on her side too? Whats the issue?

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 8:29 PM

I like her and she is absolutely correct about these issues. I am not a fan of Harry Potter and think that every adult above the age of 18 who is a fan of Harry Potter is both dubious culturally and as a person, but I love that she is such an unrelenting cunt (I say that admiringly) about women's rights and the trans issues.

In general, no matter how much I disagree with a person (and I don't with Rowling) about a justified opinion (one you can have and which is not against the law), I just have to respect or give props to someone for not budging and not changing ones opinion or apologizing. It is a sign of standing up for something and for yourself. Too many people break down after the slightest amount of pressure.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 8:30 PM

R42 I never got the “Harry Potter isn’t great” argument. I mean, it isn’t Ibsen but it also isn’t trying to be. Harry Potter clearly inspired millions of people to read, created a world that continues to captivate long after the last book was published, and is the worlds most successful book franchise ever. Harry Potter isn’t “literary” but so what?

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 8:32 PM

Drinking Tranny tears like fine wine! You spot on Madame JKR!

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 8:34 PM

R62 I point that out only because it amuses me that the same homely, humorless young fraus who a decade ago were huge Harry Potter fans and dressing up as Hermione and lusting after horsey Allan Rickman as Snape and writing awful “mpreg” fan fiction about Lupin and Sirius and now the same homely, humorless middle aged fraus sending hate mail to Rowling.

Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 8:36 PM

Was this thread “crossed out” for any one else? If so, why? Are people not allowed to have fucking opinions anymore?

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 8:36 PM

The Equality Act was stopped short of a vote in the US Senate by a Republican Senator who quoted JK Rowling as his reason why it shouldn't be passed.

This has been brought up to her on Twitter, and she's ignored responding to it.

All you stupid morons who cheer this piece of shit, are the biggest self loathers of all. She doesn't give a damn about you. But keep buying into her tales of victimhood.

You must finger yourselves to Marjorie Taylor Greene as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 8:39 PM

R21 Dana Rivers says hi.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2021 8:39 PM

And they can't have their money back. And their daughters are reading her now.

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2021 8:40 PM

R64 DL turns into Twitter. If you don't think like the propagandists want, they banish you.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2021 8:40 PM

Gay Freepers are cumming their pants!

They wait for the JK/Marjorie tour of 2022. Will they exhume Anita Bryant for some shows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2021 8:44 PM

QUEEN JKR!

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2021 8:46 PM

R65 Good! The equality act had no protection for womens and would have made self id the law of the land.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2021 8:46 PM

Boo hooo, Tranny is trying hard to make people feel bad. And it doesn't work. Poor tranny, try harder!

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2021 8:49 PM

R65 So what, it is absolutely fine to agree with a Republican on some issues. (And for the sake of America, bipartisan connections would actually be a good thing). I am pretty sure that there are issues out there a liberal datalounger would agree with a Republican and that is okay.

And who knows, maybe Republicans will be right about some issues in hindsight and Democrats have erred.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2021 8:54 PM

R65 Good.

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2021 8:55 PM

The Equality Act and its self-ID language would be a disaster for women, England has already backed away from this. And Anita Bryant is still alive even if her career is not, btw

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2021 8:59 PM

I doubt she got any death threats. Just wants to make herself look like a victim while victimized others. Btw, I bet tons of conservatives have sent death threats to trans people and liberals who support trans rights

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2021 9:00 PM

R73, conservatives are wrong on everything. They wanted to amend the constitution to ban gay marriage

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2021 9:01 PM

R69, thanks for proving that J.K and her defenders are conservatives not true feminists or people who care about women's rights

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2021 9:02 PM

R68 probably wants to banish any discussion of civil rights like Texas Republicans

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2021 9:03 PM

R49, why do you want to support someone who retweeted a conservative who supports "ex-gay" therapy for kids?

by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2021 9:04 PM

R42 thinks freedom of speech is a one way street. Calling out this moron isn't "canceling" her

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2021 9:06 PM

Tranny is now losing his mind. He/She/They:whatever, can't stand the fact he/she/they/whoever, is WRONG and that JKR is RIGHT so he/she/they/wtf, is turning it into politic trying haaard to make people with common sens look at conservative/republican.

Jeez tranny, it still doesn't work honey.

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2021 9:07 PM

R35, gays who side with conservatives are crazy. Women who call themselves feminist but align themselves with anti-choice wingnuts are crazy

The conservative at r82 is going crazy. How dumb do you have to be to be a gay Republican? Fuck off, Milo

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2021 9:08 PM

Bwahahahaha Tranny is now insulting Gays on....A GAY website, not a tranny one. And he/she/they/whatever, think it hurts. How cute!

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2021 9:10 PM

I see Philip Pullman is now here with the habitual stick up his ass being pushed in deeper by the fence he’s straddling. NO ONE is having it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2021 9:49 PM

I love the people who feel the need to state that the Harry Potter books weren't Thoreau or Shakespeare (or pass judgement upon those who enjoy them, even into adulthood) before they begrudgingly agree with Rowling. The two things have nothing to do with each other.

I'm assuming they do it out of an attempt to not appear as a fangurl, but it just looks like a backhanded comment instead.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2021 10:05 PM

R84 right? We aren't like the trans who burst into tears and threaten suicide at the slightest misgendering.

We have GONE THROUGH THINGS. We aren't wilting flowers.

All attacks like that show is how homophobic this cult is. Not happy with being gay? Trans yourself, then you aren't really gay, you're straight!

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2021 10:08 PM

R85 it's bizarre how someone who made such a strong argument against religion and dogma in his books embraces the religion of the trans activists. One of the themes in his novels is about seeing things as they are.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2021 10:10 PM

R64 there is a low threshold to get a thread crossed out, and the system is bad, so it's fairly simple to spam F&Fs across multiple accounts and get the thread disabled.

You can see by some of the posters in this thread - they don't like dissent, they don't want discussion, they just want acquiescence to their demands.

I'm surprised the Boris-spammer troll hasn't found it yet. Perhaps he's had his various accounts blocked by Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2021 10:14 PM

R77, Ignore that POS 'GermanGayGuy', he's a homophobic troll.

by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2021 10:28 PM

R24, There was another trans thread (might've been the same one) where they said something like trans supporters should be killed or kill themselves, I don't remember exactly but somehow that comment managed to get well over 20 WWs. Real DLers are NOT like that nor have they ever been this hostile towards trans people, besides making jokes and snarky comments we don't threaten to kill trans people.

I'm sure it's just Twitter Terfs/ Conservatives spewing all of this crap.

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2021 10:41 PM

It's funny the trolls' attempts to paint super liberal JK Rowling as a conservative just because some conservatives agree with her that sex exists, possibly for different reasons. Like have you even looked into anything she's done with her money through her foundation?

There are many, many liberals who think self id is taking rights away from women and giving them to men. They're just afraid to speak out because of the extreme bullying, getting fired or dropped by publishers, cancelling, and hellfire the trans activists and their useful idiots rain down upon them. She knows she can withstand the attacks and most people can't, which is why she is speaking out.

Ad hominem attacks are part of their grab-bag of fallacies and bully techniques. They can't win an actual logical argument.

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2021 10:43 PM

“DL Favorite JK Rowling Sets the Story Straight”

by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2021 10:47 PM

R91 you're confusing actual trans people of old with the "modern" version, the kind forcing laws to enforce pronoun usage, taking rights away from women, falling into tears and threatening to kill themselves at the drop of a hat, claiming to be the most victimized minority in history, claiming to be nonbinary and dying their hair blue or purple and wearing makeup, men wearing womens' clothes and getting off on undressing in womens' locker rooms, joining female-only sports teams and taking spots and awards away from actual women, etc.

No, DLers are not, generally, for any of that.

by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]the "modern" version, the kind forcing laws to enforce pronoun usage, taking rights away from women, falling into tears and threatening to kill themselves at the drop of a hat, claiming to be the most victimized minority in history, claiming to be nonbinary and dying their hair blue or purple and wearing makeup, men wearing womens' clothes and getting off on undressing in womens' locker rooms, joining female-only sports teams and taking spots and awards away from actual women, etc.

And the anime. So much anime.

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2021 11:14 PM

the trans anthem :

D.A.R.V.O. Deny

Accuse

Reverse Victim and Offender

It’s a playbook that’s as old as people, and sadly it works, especially when there’s a significant power asymmetry at play.

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2021 11:20 PM

Rowling again wrote that many women consider terms like "people who menstruate" to be demeaning. She said that she was a survivor of domestic abuse and sexual assault, and stated that "When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman ... then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside", while stating that most trans people were vulnerable and deserved protection.[263]

Following up into who is at risk in women's toilets, Reuters stated that it was trans women who were more vulnerable, and that 200 municipalities which allowed trans people to use women's shelters reported no rise in any violence as a result.[264][265]

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2021 11:24 PM

JK Rowling Racist and JK Rowling Ku Klux Klan are trending on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2021 11:26 PM

Correction, Ku Klux Klan is trending under JK Rowling Racist and people are linking the two.

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2021 11:27 PM

Correction, Ku Klux Klan is trending under JK Rowling Racist and people are linking the two.

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2021 11:27 PM

It’s a good thing she can write under an pseudonym, fuck those people.

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2021 11:28 PM

They’re all screaming that she’s a racist and antisemite. What are they referring to?

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote]"Now hundreds of trans activists have threatened to beat, rape, assassinate and bomb me I’ve realised that this movement poses no risk to women whatsoever."

Deplorable behavior by the Trans community. Notice how they never go after men with the same intensity? They don't tell men how they are going to sodomize them or invade their homes. Nope. It's because they are misogynist.

JK Rowling is bad ass. Now that's a woman worthy of DL sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2021 11:33 PM

R94 Preach! Tell them!

by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2021 11:39 PM

Repeat after me-

Jonathan Van Ness-

They/He/She is a MESS!

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2021 11:57 PM

R105 Who? I COULDNT CARE LESS!!!

by Anonymousreply 106July 21, 2021 12:02 AM

[quote] I doubt she got any death threats.

Bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 21, 2021 12:05 AM

The WHOLE TRANS movement IS "ex-gay" therapy for kids" you dopes!

That's why the STUNNING and BRAVE gays here on DL are against it!

Not to be inflammatory, but using the playbook of the wokesters, how is being trans NOT blackface?

It's actually worse than blackface!

by Anonymousreply 108July 21, 2021 12:05 AM

r102 Very loosely extrapolated claim from some academic papers claiming "Cho Ching" in her books who is Asian, and how her (very common name) could sound like an Asian stereotype, and the fact that the goblin bankers in her books who have big noses, because Jewish people are known for noses and banking, not just because in her world, goblins look a certain way. Of course she's explained why she made those choices many times elsewhere in interviews, but they only look at the accusation and not the intent. That's all the "proof" they need.

It's irrelevant in any case, just more examples of them trying to attack her personally with ad hominem attacks, not her arguments, because her arguments are very reasonable and logical and they can't defend against them. So they attack her, try to claim she's a conservative, try to say she's racist, anti-Semitic, and a pedophile, etc.

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2021 12:13 AM

Sorry that should be "Cho Chang". "Ching" is what they're saying it COULD be meaning, and is therefore veiled racism against Asians. Laughably bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2021 12:14 AM

r108 very good points. The way they get around that is by saying "the moment you say you're a woman, you've ALWAYS been a woman!" and totally ignore all the time you lived as a boy or a man and people who regret it later and de-transition. So it's not blackface since they were ALWAYS black!

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2021 12:15 AM

Trans are mostly straight guys with a fetish. It explains why they are so homophobic and misogynist at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2021 12:19 AM

Team Rowling

by Anonymousreply 113July 21, 2021 12:23 AM

r112 there's a spectrum, actually:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 21, 2021 12:23 AM

R114 My word of the day is “autogynophiles”!

by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2021 12:29 AM

TERF tears

by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2021 12:50 AM

r116 good example of a stupid comment from one of the "useful idiots" dotting Twitter and slandering Rowling!

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2021 12:56 AM

Rowling is allowing her words to be used to block legislation to give gays equal rights in the US R117. Has she condoned James Lankford?

by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2021 1:03 AM

That should be reply R116

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2021 1:04 AM

Boo! JK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote]Rowling is allowing her words to be used to block legislation to give gays equal rights in the US

Is the US lumping gay rights with some other groups?

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2021 1:18 AM

Apparently in addition to her many other sins of transphobia, racism and whatever, she's also fatphobic. The horror!

This fat person has MANY thoughts on the matter, and has put down xir fork and taken up zys pen to educate you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]Has she condoned James Lankford?

Lankford is a preacher that turns more hard right by the day. He's a big climate change denier. Lankford is anti-LGBT+, but seems quite fond of pal Lindzebelle.

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2021 1:27 AM

Will JK Rowling's reign of terror never end?

by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2021 1:29 AM

"basically literally genociding trans people out of existence"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2021 1:32 AM

“Allowing her words to be used”? are you in seventh grade? Although I guess this is of a piece with the SJW belief that you can’t LEGALLY quote or even mention someone without their permission.

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2021 1:40 AM

r118 nice try, but it's an "LGBTQ" rights bill, which means "gender identity". That is also why the T needs to be separated from the LGB, so we aren't associated with the "men with penises in girls' locker rooms/womens' sports" trans activism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote]The Equality Act would amend civil rights bills pertaining to employment, housing, public accommodations, jury service, education, federal programs and credit by adding “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to their lists of protected classes.

That's how we lose our rights, too. Because "sexual orientation" is LGB, and "gender identity" is the rest of the TQIA++ word salad. So we can't advance our own rights now because they're tied to the increasingly inane demands from trans activists.

by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2021 2:21 AM

r122 that person is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2021 2:24 AM

Lots of (or most of) non-conservative (or left-voting) Gen Z and Millennials (esp. LGB who are shilling LGBTQ+) are like this; they all go hand in hand, rarely just one thing

: violently hating TERF (transphobia), SWERF (sex work/whorephobia), Fatphobia, Islamophobia (pro hijab etc), law enforcement/police (acab) and then you know the usual (capitalism, merit-based criteria, Israel, etc)

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2021 3:15 AM

Wow an anti semistic, pro islam (the most homophobic religion) Tranny, has just made its entrance. Getting better and better...

by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2021 3:18 AM

R131 i think that's just a badly worded statement. I had to read it a few times.

by Anonymousreply 132July 21, 2021 3:56 AM

R65/R118, the Equality Act is both sexist and homophobic. It erases gay people and women by removing the definition of sex from reality and putting it in fantasyland. The fucking end.

by Anonymousreply 133July 21, 2021 4:37 AM

I don’t see how having a character named Cho Chang is racist just because the name sounds “Ching.” That is REALLY reaching.

As for the goblins, not sure they have big noses in the book, but they have long noses in the movies. If you look at old kids’s book illustrations of goblins they usually are small in stature with exaggerated features: long nose and fingers, enormous feet, etc. She didn’t invent that, nor do all Jewish people have “big” noses.

The one thing I CAN see is Winkie the elf talks like a stereotype American black slave. Though I guess her point is that house elves are slaves, so it’s not really off offensive except that some of the elves enjoy being slaves.

by Anonymousreply 134July 21, 2021 4:43 AM

I also meant the more mild German/European conservatives, not the crazed American conversatives, even though I love and adore Kimberley Guilfoyle.

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2021 6:10 AM

The Equality Act was highjacked and ruined by the trannies - like everything else always is.

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2021 6:29 AM

A "lady" is the feminized that is attracted to men but deny being gay. Miss Lindsey is a "lady". Caitlyn is a "lady". Bio-fems that are classy and attracted to men are "ladies". Jk and the anti-penis & MtF exclusionists are not "ladies". All men, including gay men, who identify as male are not "ladies".

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2021 8:40 AM

R134 Plus Chang IS a very common Chinese (Cantonese) last name.

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2021 11:51 AM

R120 I think that article fits better in the Florida Pickle Man thread LOL

by Anonymousreply 139July 21, 2021 12:19 PM

R134 she's not American so I doubt that was it. He didn't sound like an American slave from movies either, he was just obsequious. He didn't have a black accent or a southern accent. I don't see the connection at all.

Also the whole point with Dobby was to show slavery as being wrong, and something the kids tried to fix. I think that's a reach.

by Anonymousreply 140July 21, 2021 1:39 PM

Like I'm sure there is plenty of room to use critical theory on the books and movies and show them as whatever you like - that's the point of critical theory. The problem becomes when those papers escape the realm of academia and are used by bad-faith hucksters. Or bad-faith hucksters use then intentionally to try to harm someone's reputation by claiming that it indicates mal-intent.

by Anonymousreply 141July 21, 2021 1:43 PM

R149 Not to sound like the biggest nerd, but I don’t mean Dobby, but his female buddy Winkie. She doesn’t appear in the movies. She enjoys being a “good” elf (slave).

by Anonymousreply 142July 21, 2021 2:07 PM

And Dobby is only free when his master gives him a sock, which clearly shows JK Rowling's contempt for the foot fetish community.

Or something.

by Anonymousreply 143July 21, 2021 2:13 PM

Don't forget Rowling's obvious hatred for giants shown by making Hagrid live separately in a shack. Laverne Cox must be doubly pissed at her.

by Anonymousreply 144July 21, 2021 2:18 PM

R143 commits literal violence by erasing the sock fetish community.

by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2021 2:18 PM

I deeply and sincerely apologise to the sock fetish community for any upset caused by my conflation of foot fetish and sock fetish.

I have a lot of friends in both communities and I will do my best to understand and undo the hurt my mis-fetishing has caused.

In tribute I will donate a pair of my smelliest sneakers to the FootFetish Community Resource Centre and undergo compulsory fetish diversity training.

I apologise most to the Trans Sock Fetish Sex Workers Of Color - they are the real victims here.

All foot fetishists matter.

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2021 10:50 AM

97 "people who menstruate" IS demeaning. "Birthing people" is demeaning. "Chestfeeding" is demeaning. I'm a woman and they won't get to define, erase and rebrand words, mock what shapes the way we lead and plan our lives. This is not about trans people having rights. It's about denying women theirs, denying them the mere words to address their issues to muzzle them. Every human should have the same rights, yes. However, I want no one with a dong in my changing room at the gym, no guys stealing medals, no guys in woman's prisons, no guys in women's safe houses. They want their own tournaments and facilities? I'm cool with that. It's not about protection, however, because if this would be the case, every trans activist would accept this option: it's about cosplaying women and taking what they have fought for. The development also skews the crime statistic, making men's crimes be listed as female crimes. Last but not least (see the "Equality Act", they leeched onto fundamental demands for equality that gay people have fought for for decades. This connection actively harms gay rights and gay acceptance and how gay people are perceived as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2021 6:35 AM

Why does she even bother wasting her time fighting back these subhuman savages? Good fucking grief. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2021 7:01 AM

Because they are threatening her life.

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2021 7:03 AM

R149 She should not have engaged these psychotic fuckers to begin with. She dug her own grave. She needs to just go away and fuck off forever.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2021 9:43 AM

Yep. JK went on the attack and received blowback, and thus plays victim. Celebrities, i.e. JK, Caitlyn, etc., think they get passes for their own bigotry and to use others as targets for their own individual promotions.

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2021 10:24 AM

R147, Please keep your voice loud and strong.

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2021 10:30 AM

Rowling spoke out in order to try to put a stop to the madness, and it worked. The climate of fear over discussing trans issues has disintegrated. Plans for a gender self-id law have been abandoned in England and Wales and it's proving difficult to pass one in Scotland. Along with the Keira Bell case, she's helped to highlight the horrors of pushing kids into physical transitioning. She's made it possible for women to demand we are referred to as women and not as objects with certain functions.

by Anonymousreply 153July 26, 2021 11:06 AM

I’d like an example of Rowling “attacking.”

by Anonymousreply 154July 26, 2021 11:12 AM

Apparently r154, simply to imply that only women menstruate is an attack on the trans.

by Anonymousreply 155July 26, 2021 12:25 PM

She killed millions of trans when she said that ! Millions !

by Anonymousreply 156July 26, 2021 12:58 PM

It's cute how r150/r151 think they're being sneaky while also saying that Rowling should just shut up and go away. We know where your sympathies lie, and it's not with actual women.

by Anonymousreply 157July 27, 2021 6:18 PM

This all started because Rowling had the nerve to point out that the word woman is being erased in favor of things like people who menstruate, and gestational parents. If words like that, which describe characteristics of people, rather than people as beings were used to describe the trans, the screaming about being dehumanized would be heard from all points on Earth, it would be so loud.

Everything that has happened since has been a textbook example of misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 158July 27, 2021 8:39 PM
by Anonymousreply 159July 29, 2021 10:09 AM

R158 I find your cunt to be very misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 160July 29, 2021 10:22 AM

^ trans rights troll

by Anonymousreply 161July 29, 2021 8:57 PM

I agree with her points, but it feels like she's obsessed with the subject now. She's got a hero complex.

by Anonymousreply 162July 29, 2021 9:02 PM

r162 she's not "obsessed" with anything. She's continued to post about her projects, other works, and completely different subjects, but she will occasionally support people who are currently being vilified on social media for the same thing she supported Maya for originally, that got all the abuse directed at her in the first place.

She's been very consistent with that, and she also knows she's one of the few people who can stand up for these people and support them when they're under the incredible stress of a full-on Twitter cancellation attempt.

I'm going to guess you didn't pay much attention to JK Rowling before this, and have only noticed her name pop up on these threads, so you think she's somehow "obsessed" with this topic, but you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 163July 29, 2021 9:05 PM

She babbles on about it far more than most. We know her view now.

I honestly think she misses the glory days of the later Harry Potter years when the books were new and exciting and she's trying to get the same level of attention and adoration again with all this.

by Anonymousreply 164July 29, 2021 9:09 PM

^ misogyny. "Why won't the woman stop babbling and shut up?"

And yes, most people incite mob violence and death threats in an attempt to replicate the adoration and attention from publishing a successful book series. It all makes sense now.

by Anonymousreply 165July 29, 2021 9:14 PM

Nope, I think Graham Linehan babbles on about it too much as well and I'm pretty sure that's not misogynistic. It's lazy to label criticism that way. And please, I'm a gay man - I love women.

I actually used to follow her on Twitter but unfollowed her because of the repetitive nature of her tweets. It's definitely done with a self-serving element.

by Anonymousreply 166July 29, 2021 9:19 PM

What is r164 on about? Aside from the tweet about women menstruating a year ago Rowling has pretty much made no comments on the trans issue until these recent comments on the trans loons trying to shut her up, in the context of the trans loons going after another woman who dared to say something apparently outrageously transphobic. I think it was something about pregnant people being women.

by Anonymousreply 167July 29, 2021 9:20 PM

R166, we can talk about the trans cult as much as we like. If you don't like it, buzz off.

by Anonymousreply 168July 29, 2021 9:21 PM

[R168] I think that's it, though. So many people treat it as 'trans cult' versus the 'TERFs'. As though it's only possible to be one of those and nowhere in between.

I already said I agree with what she says about the subject (i.e. women are women and men are men etc) - but it's possible to share that view and not worship JK.

by Anonymousreply 169July 29, 2021 9:27 PM

JK has that penis envy thing Freud wrote about. She really needs to work through this by having talks with Caitlyn.

by Anonymousreply 170July 29, 2021 9:35 PM

It's because the general view of the transactivists is that "you are either 100% with us or 100% against us". There is only black and white with them. I was part of a conversation where I said everyone has the right to speak their point of view and was immediately condemned as "transphobic" by several others for "supporting terfs", even though I was including both sides.

There's no middle ground according to trans-supporters, so it's impossible to have a rational conversation with them.

by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2021 2:55 AM

^^^ it's also why they will ultimately fail, because if a reasonable person with a valid question gets vilified over nothing, they are not going to support the trans. They are their own worst enemy but too arrogant to see it.

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2021 2:58 AM

R171 Yeah agreed, I really struggle with it. I support genuine trans people -- i.e. biological men who live their lives as a female, have gender reassignment surgery and just want to live their lives quietly.

But the problem is they get lumped in with the men who say they're trans yet have no interest in transitioning or even taking hormones, etc. So often the genuine trans people get hate that they don't deserve. It's a tricky one for sure.

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2021 10:42 AM

Then those genuine trans need to start speaking out r173, as do we LGB who are also lumped in with the TQ+. There are a couple of genuine trans who speak out and point out that they have genuine dysphoria and the gender identity theory is bull, but because they don't should like the crazed loon trans they are little heard.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2021 11:25 AM

Separate G from T,L,Q and all those other letters that apply to ladies, women, new women, etc. Let them fight among themselves about places to pee. Jk can be the heroine to all those non-gay males.

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2021 10:04 PM

The gay community is for homosexuals. Lesbians are part of that, you jerk.

by Anonymousreply 176July 31, 2021 1:53 AM

R176 Tell that to the 'Get The L Out' crowd.

by Anonymousreply 177July 31, 2021 7:46 AM

R166 uh, Graham Linehan has made it his primary crusade and set up a substack to focus on it. JK Rowling does a lot of other things.

There's no comparison, unless you're a trans activist trying to pretend that you're a reasonable person.

by Anonymousreply 178August 2, 2021 4:02 PM

Just ignore the tedious anti-female troll r175. He is a misogynistic asshat and probably a trans activist in a thinly-veiled disguise.

by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2021 4:04 PM

R179 Your syphilitic cunt is misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2021 4:05 PM

R180 thank you for proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2021 4:06 PM

R181 Proving that you're enough of a cunt to spread amongst a million girls. Yes sir.

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2021 4:11 PM

Gay men don't need to engage with those cat fights. They are not your allies. They want to use you for the hate agenda.

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2021 8:16 PM

Exactly. Girls tried to "liberate" themselves with their BS feminism but now their gender has been rightfully canceled by the trannies. Real girls no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 184August 3, 2021 3:18 AM

Go dilate R184.

by Anonymousreply 185August 3, 2021 12:07 PM

Cat fights between "smell like catfish" vs ladies that "don't want Chick-fil-A".

by Anonymousreply 186August 3, 2021 3:11 PM

R179 - I think that's the problem. One is either a die-hard fan of JK Rowling and the GC crowd, or an evil misogynist who's always a troll.

There's never any nuance or chance for discussion with either side, because the second they realise you don't 100% agree with their point of view they round on you and blast you with insult after insult. I've received it from both sides for daring to ask a question in an effort to learn.

If I was a troll, wouldn't I have already been downvoted to oblivion?

by Anonymousreply 187August 3, 2021 5:28 PM

R187 your personal experience aside, the person you are defending is actually a trans activist misogynistic troll. He has posted in this thread under at least two accounts, and his argument can be boiled down to 1) JK needs to shut up and 2) Feminists are to blame for everything and 3) women in general suck. He's a fixture in these types of threads and ONLY appears if it's trans related, so he clearly has an agenda.

You're also coming across as kind of a weenie, trying to "both sides" this. If you look at social media you see a lot of "I'm just asking questions and trying to understand!" comments that are, in fact, just argumentative trolls who pretend to be undecided but are clearly trying to push some narrative.

It's also the height of narcissism to post these sorts of "can someone explain this to me? Me, personally? I just have questions and am trying to understand!" statements and expect someone on social media to hand-tailor a response that explains things to you and answers your specific questions (again assuming you aren't being disingenuous like most of the trans activist trolls are, which I am not convinced of).

Research it, look at the various opinions, look at who is saying what, and come to your own conclusion like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 188August 5, 2021 3:24 PM

R188 STFU, Jabba cunt.

by Anonymousreply 189August 5, 2021 3:51 PM

R189 = triggered tranny

by Anonymousreply 190August 5, 2021 3:53 PM

R188 - Fair enough. I don't know people well enough here to recognise them from their posting style alone, given almost everyone is anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 191August 5, 2021 5:04 PM

I am not a JK fan though I admire how hard she worked to get where she is. I'm not a fan of the books either - just not interested. But I am a fan of her in this regard. So I am completely TeamJKRowling.

by Anonymousreply 192August 6, 2021 12:37 AM

Talking about death threats so she doesn't have to learn about transpeople and take back her earlier statement. It's all misdirection and self-pity.

by Anonymousreply 193August 6, 2021 12:43 AM

Fuck off, R193. You're just an apologist for freaks sending her death and rape threats. No one pities JK Rowling and she doesn't ask for it. You assholes are turning me into her fan to put up with your bullshit. Typical male violence.

by Anonymousreply 194August 6, 2021 12:48 AM

R194 Your cunt is typical male violence.

by Anonymousreply 195August 6, 2021 5:41 AM

R194, don't let homophobic misogynists like r193 get to you. Rowling is 100% right and she doesn't have to take back any statement on how the people who menstruate are called women or why has the number of young women seeking to transition exploded by over 4000% in the past decade. And she has every right to talk about her experiences as a woman - experiences that men who "identify" as women will never have.

The best response to people like r193 is simply to remind them that transwomen are men.

by Anonymousreply 196August 6, 2021 5:59 AM

By the way r193, Rowling mentioned the death threats she'd received when some stupid trans cultist on Twitter had tried to silence another woman who wrote about another experience only women have, i.e. getting pregnant, to shut up otherwise she'd get the JK Rowling treatment. Rowling initially simply pointed out that since she'd initially made her 100% accurate comments, she'd actually received lots of support. The tweet about the death threats and other things came later, when she was again pointing out that her enemies can't silence her.

by Anonymousreply 197August 6, 2021 6:08 AM

Hate shit.

by Anonymousreply 198August 6, 2021 9:41 AM

These UK Karens need to lose weight, a lot of weight. Get a job, preferably that requires labor with no time for gossip. They can't find toothless men that will have them, so they bash on transgenders of which they don't know any. Shoo!

by Anonymousreply 199August 6, 2021 9:52 AM

Transwomen are men, r199.

by Anonymousreply 200August 6, 2021 9:59 AM

Indeed, R200, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 201August 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Support for JK from the Harry Potter bunch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 11, 2022 5:36 PM

^ oh the Irony: turns out that Draco Malfoy is the only Good Guy

by Anonymousreply 203October 11, 2022 5:37 PM

Well done to Tom Felton. He will be able to hold his head high when the dust from all this utter nonsense settles, as I hope it one day will.

by Anonymousreply 204October 11, 2022 5:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!