Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sports Illustrated releases swimsuit issue with transgender cover model

When is Lizzo gonna get a cover?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 27, 2021 7:29 PM

Oh boy, this will not end well

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 12:42 AM

Pandering.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 12:42 AM

To think of the real women who have coveted the cover since they were young...

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 12:45 AM

They still publish a print version of Sports Illustrated?!

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 12:48 AM

Can’t wait for all the douche bros to kill themselves after they realize a dude gave them a hard on.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 1:04 AM

Gross

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 1:14 AM

tucka tucka tucka?

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 1:21 AM

Another man taking a job from a woman…

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 1:23 AM

Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 1:25 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking, R5.

All of these straight guys experiencing these "funny feelings down there" and getting turned on, after checking out that cover.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 1:26 AM

Manly face

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] Stunning

And brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 1:28 AM

I'm stunned.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 1:30 AM

Brave.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2021 1:34 AM

They’ll need to be careful about the placement of the staple in the centerfold.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2021 1:40 AM

R5, doubtful. Who gets Sports Illustrated anymore, much less the swimsuit issue? This is like Victoria’s Secret, desperately trying to hang on.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2021 1:41 AM

g🤮

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2021 1:42 AM

Megan thee Stallion and Naomi Osaka are on the other covers, not exactly a flattering shot for the former

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2021 1:49 AM

These comments are LITERAL VIOLENCE!

A MTF I follow on Instagram (I knew them when they were a big, hairy bear who dated a girlfriend of mine) has already posted about this. You’d think this would make “her” happy, but like every post, it was all sad and mopey…”they’d never put a WOMAN LIKE ME on the cover…”

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 1:51 AM

Looks like man to me

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 1:53 AM

I can still see his junk.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 1:55 AM

Transgender people set impossibly high standards that no cis woman can ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2021 1:58 AM

I see lots of tranny, Bruce, etc threads here but unable to make any comments. I just don’t understand any of it. Guess I’m out of the loop now.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2021 2:05 AM

Trans or not isn’t the issue.

She is NOT the traditional sports illustrated material , which used to be former Victoria’s Secret models from back in the day.

But even my millennial or gen z standards, this hirl is not attractive and looks meh….

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2021 2:07 AM

Man made cunt or tucked?

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2021 2:18 AM

The tennis player is kind of fug too if we’re being honest.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2021 2:21 AM

He looks like Jlo

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2021 11:07 AM

[quote] Pandering.

To who though? I thought the swimsuit issue was for the straight men.

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2021 11:21 AM

I think she is very pretty. Anyone else besides me old enough to remember Tula?

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2021 11:26 AM

She looks better than Chrissy Teigen and many of the other women who have been on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2021 11:31 AM

I think she looks great, but I'm the gayest gay who ever gayed, so my opinion probably isn't worth much.

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2021 11:37 AM

They didn’t airbrush her Adam’s apple.

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2021 11:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2021 12:38 PM

No Caitlyn? The queen of fashion and centerfolds.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2021 12:41 PM

When the inmates run the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2021 12:42 PM

Sorry, but the more I see this type of thing and the more I read comments from people like R3, the more I dismiss the tranz craze and see it as long-overdue karma coming back to bite women in their ass. Women have made any male institution they could find miserable for decades, and in most cases destroyed anything specific to men, it didn't matter if those groups or institutions were truly sexist or not. Now, they're bemoaning having THEIR shit taken away. The irony is, it's being taken by men! LOL!!!

As a gay guy who saw the first wave of straight women begin to take over gay clubs, gay community centers, etc., I have to celebrate some of this. It's very much deserved.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2021 12:48 PM

Straight men don’t want to look at this, anymore than we want to look at a ftm trans person.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2021 12:49 PM

Straight men who don’t see the news wouldn’t even know she’s trans by the cover lmao

by Anonymousreply 38July 20, 2021 12:50 PM

The world has gone nuts, as has this Trans trend. What next??

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2021 12:51 PM

R37

Why are you, a straight man, on this forum?

I don’t buy it. You’re a TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2021 12:52 PM

R36 has issues

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2021 12:52 PM

R5, they’re all saying how hot she is despite being born a dude. I don’t think the under 30s care. Hell, they’re all coming out as fluid these days.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2021 12:53 PM

R46, women don’t care about this. You need therapy to deal with your issues with your mother.

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2021 12:55 PM

R40 I’m not a straight man. Your comprehension is off, dear.

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2021 1:07 PM

This person is very attractive and I wish them luck.

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 1:11 PM

It should be me instead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 1:29 PM

X and Y chromosomes are not a choice, nor an opinion. They also can't be legislated out of or into a human body.

by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2021 1:37 PM

^^^^^^^^not yet anyway

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2021 1:46 PM

“As a gay guy who saw the first wave of straight women begin to take over gay clubs, gay community centers, etc., I have to celebrate some of this. It's very much deserved.”

When you experience homophobia, just always remember that they don’t hate you because you are gay but because you are an asshole. Just wait for “karma” to bite you in the ass,

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]All of these straight guys experiencing these "funny feelings down there" and getting turned on, after checking out that cover.

And then they'll go get drunk and beat a gay guy to death.

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Great way to piss of the few people who still buy your magazine.

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2021 1:59 PM

I'm NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2021 2:08 PM

I doubt younger men are buying the SI swimsuit edition.

Before the internet it was a big deal. Now, with online access to millions of photos/videos of nude woman, who would buy this?

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2021 2:18 PM

Who are they trying to sell to ? What is their market?

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2021 2:23 PM

If no one is buying the magazine, why the need to pander? Follow the money. Who's financing the agenda that has now also reached the SI swimsuit cover.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2021 2:24 PM

I don’t think they’re “pandering” by including a trans model. It was bound to happen as there are more and more successful trans models.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2021 2:28 PM

People with subscriptions are mostly straight male boomers.

They will not be pleased--especially if they whipped their dick out without knowing it is a man.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2021 2:29 PM

Meh - she's attractive, but not all that. She has that nosejob/lip plump trans look. There really isn't anything special about her features - she's pleasant and attractive, that's it.

The other covers are Naomi Osaka and Meghan Thee Stallion.

If they used three white, Latino or Asian women, there would be outrage. But three African American 'women' - just fine. (Yes, I know Naomi is half-black).

I remember when Tyra Banks was the first AA woman on the cover - and deservedly. She melted the god damn pages.

Ain't nobody jacking off to Meghan Stallion or the others.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2021 2:34 PM

R58

Except there have been past years where it was 3 white women. This year is about giving love to black women (of different shades/makeups), who have been historically put down and disrespected. I don’t see the problem.

You’re showing your biases.

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2021 2:41 PM

Megan Thee Stallion is really hot right now, and her body type has been really popular among straight men. She was a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2021 2:44 PM

I’d like to see the original photo before it was retouched. Her face looks “done”. Head, hands and feet always give it away.

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2021 2:53 PM

It's not a she, it's a HE. It's a man chemically/medically altered to replicate a woman. I can't think of anything more demeaning and degrading to women.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2021 2:56 PM

R59 - yes, excuse me if I don't think pandering is appropriate and then select a woman whose main contribution is singing about her wet ass pussy is somehow female empowerment. Or that a man with plastic surgery elbowed out another black woman with either talent, beauty or accomplishment in order to glorify in her transformation.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2021 2:59 PM

How is parading around in womanface any different than blackface? Can't wait for Rachel Dolezal's SI cover.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 6:47 PM

She's lovely. Good choice SI.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2021 11:41 PM

My 55-year-old neighbor thought Naomi Osaka and Megan Thee Stallion were the trannie cover models at first

Can't blame him. Just saying...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 21, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote]the more I dismiss the tranz craze and see it as long-overdue karma coming back to bite women in their ass. Women have made any male institution they could find miserable for decades, and in most cases destroyed anything specific to men, it didn't matter if those groups or institutions were truly sexist or not. Now, they're bemoaning having THEIR shit taken away. The irony is, it's being taken by men! LOL

OMG, at least you had male institutions. Do you realize even into the 70s women could not get a loan or even a credit card without a man's signature? There were only low paying jobs for women and no such thing as equal pay for equal work. And schools didn't have to spit funding for boy's sports with girls, girls were lucky to get a tennis ball to share. And forget about rape charges or domestic violence or funding for women's health. LOL my ass.

by Anonymousreply 67July 21, 2021 1:01 AM

What's terfs fussing about now? They have Caitlyn Jenner as an ally and champion for trans discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 68July 21, 2021 1:31 AM

I identify as a black tranny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2021 2:29 AM

R36 let's reevaluate that using an example that's more fitting....

"Sorry [...] i see it as long-overdue karma coming back to bite BLACKS in their ass. BLACKS have made any WHITE institution they could find miserable for decades, and in most cases destroyed anything specific to WHITES, it didn't matter if those groups or institutions were truly RACIST or not. Now, they're bemoaning having THEIR shit taken away. The irony is, it's being taken by WHITES ! LOL!!!"

But this is DL where people don't seem to understand axis of oppression (by sex, class, race, Etc.) U nless it's all about them personally. So let me rephrase it in a way your childish self might understand:

"Sorry, [... I] see it as long-overdue karma coming back to bite GAYS in their ass. GAYS have made any STRAIGHT institution they could find miserable for decades, and in most cases destroyed anything specific to STRAIGHTS, it didn't matter if those groups or institutions were truly HOMOPHOBIC or not. Now, they're bemoaning having THEIR shit taken away. The irony is, it's being taken by STRAIGHTS! LOL!!!"

If you still have trouble understanding, you're wasting my time.

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2021 3:22 AM

At least she’s hit and not Stefoknee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2021 4:26 AM

This doesn't bother me. There's no clear advantage to being a swimsuit model if you're XY. In fact, I'd assume the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2021 4:49 AM

For years the big complaint about the swimsuit issue was that it objectifies women.

I don’t understand why all of a sudden having a trans model on the cover makes it okay. Isn’t that an objectification of women in some sense too?

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2021 11:40 AM

Straight men should be very happy with transwomen.

No child support.

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2021 1:02 PM

R74, they still don't want your shrunken balls that you call "lady beans" anywhere near them.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2021 1:51 PM

What Sports Illustrated should do is : drop the swimsuit issue and do an issue with all men who are in professional sports..like NFL, Baseball, Rugby ,etc.......nude would be my preference...but some may be camera shy....so I'll take what I can get.. I'd buy a copy of that.....purely out of curiosity of course.

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2021 2:38 PM

The Locker Room issue.......that's the issue I'm waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2021 2:47 PM

Man face.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2021 2:58 PM

Man hands.

Man feet.

Man legs.

Man arms.

Man neck.

Man dick.

Hm, I'm seeing a trend here.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2021 6:39 PM

R66 Washington Times? You give yourself away, you fuckin Trumpster.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2021 6:58 PM

She looks good and there has always been straight seeming men who are into trannies but you cant force all straight guys to liking chicks with dicks.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2021 12:23 AM

Caitlyn is the gold standard. The vast majority of women can't replicate her beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 24, 2021 3:41 PM

This is ridiculous. This doesn't help Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 83July 24, 2021 3:45 PM

Yaaas kweens

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2021 3:46 PM

Caitlyn & SI five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2021 3:47 PM

A man putting on woman face, culturally appropriating. Why should we applaud?

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2021 3:56 PM

The surprise is that Sports Illustrated would still have substantial circulation.

This looks like a gimmick to attract buyers outside the usual subscribers.

Are there transgenders that are physically attractive? Of course. SI wants to offer shock value for hits.

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2021 6:18 PM

Why not a man in a bikini on the cover? Why do these gay men have to be “women”?

by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2021 6:21 PM

R87

If they want to attract more subscribers......they should give their male homosexual subscribers a little eye candy and print a a 'swimsuit' issue that would appeal to them ..........and a trans she/they/it just isn't going to cut it ......I mean....please

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2021 6:50 PM

Which washroom did it use?

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2021 7:30 PM

Washroom?

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2021 7:39 PM

Washroom = Canadian

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2021 7:41 PM

R87, R88 and R89 You guys are right! If SI really wanted to be inclusive they would support the gay community by putting a proud, fit gay man on the front of their magazine in men's swim wear.

Putting this mutilated man in make up on the front of their magazine is not just for shock value, but it is also a way to exploit and drag (pun intended) gay men. It is in no way intended to be inclusive - just the opposite.

SI knows damn well that most gay men do not feel the need to mutilate themselves this way. Most gay men are happy with who they are and accept themselves. Only some others can't accept gays. Yet SI chooses the extremes of the gay community as the example of the "gay norm."

This cover is a way to subtley nod to their mostly heterosexual audience and say "see they're all freaks, trying to deceive people because they are not happy with who they are!"

Nobody is buying magazines anymore. And the few people who are buying them, are not doing so because of what is on the cover. Besides plenty of magazines (such as men's health) have good looking men on the cover and straight men don't seem to have a problem with that. Why not showcase the best (and most authentic) image of the gay community?

SI doesn't give a shit about gays that may be buying their magazine so gays should stop buying them.

by Anonymousreply 93July 27, 2021 10:08 AM

Damn it, now you know what's going to happen next? We are going to have to see Gov in waiting Caitlyn Jenner try and one up her with an ugly cover on Penthouse.

by Anonymousreply 94July 27, 2021 10:14 AM

[quote]OMG, at least you had male institutions. Do you realize even into the 70s women could not get a loan or even a credit card without a man's signature? There were only low paying jobs for women and no such thing as equal pay for equal work. And schools didn't have to spit funding for boy's sports with girls, girls were lucky to get a tennis ball to share. And forget about rape charges or domestic violence or funding for women's health. LOL my ass.

That's not completely true. My mother had all of that, a good paying job as a private duty RN. Made more than my father who was an engineer. She had her own credit and basically managed the money. And back then they didn't hand out credit cards like candy like they do now. Salesmen who came to the house always asked for "the lady of the house" not the man, because the unwritten truth was woman were really the day to day decision makers. My sister was like the local high school track star on an all girls team at a public high school and they celebrated woman wanting to be in sports. Woman could be doctors if they wanted, men could not be nurses. Woman had their own woman only gyms, men had none. 70's was actually the pinnacle of sexuality being open with Planned Parenthood enjoying a positive disposition by most of society at the time (unlike today). Young girls could get birth control without parents consent at the age of 14.

by Anonymousreply 95July 27, 2021 10:45 AM

R60 I did not recognize her without the bullet wounds.

by Anonymousreply 96July 27, 2021 10:57 AM

SI still exists?

And what sport is swimsuit model?

by Anonymousreply 97July 27, 2021 12:31 PM

MTF always look "men's magazine" vs. high end model when they model.

It's like their entire vision of women is based on trying to be sexy and like a blowup doll.

Looks more like a Hustler cover than SI.

by Anonymousreply 98July 27, 2021 12:43 PM

"It looka lika man!"

by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2021 12:48 PM

Exactly r98. Also because their bodies are still not fully shaped like women's bodies so they have to make these exaggerated poses to look "bombshell" and hide their physical proportions. The whole facial expression is also exaggerated. The posters saying that this image will give straight men a hard on have a very shallow understanding of what straight men really find sexy.

by Anonymousreply 100July 27, 2021 12:57 PM

R42, of course the wannabe wokes are all saying she's "hot". That's because they know she's trans and want to be seen to be PC, not because they genuinely believe that she's hot. As r98 points out, this whole image is very "blow up sex doll" like, it's almost a caricature version of a woman (which is indeed what trans are). Any actual female posing like this on the cover of SI or any magazine today would be considered trashy, but if it's a trans it's apparently "hot" and "gorgeous".

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2021 1:01 PM

Great analogy R101. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2021 1:03 PM

She looks great—gorgeous enough to be a SI swimsuit model

by Anonymousreply 103July 27, 2021 1:05 PM

R103 = gay man who never really looks at women.

by Anonymousreply 104July 27, 2021 1:26 PM

R104 = pretending to be straight because he’s ashamed at being gay.

by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2021 1:30 PM

R104, who do you think does all the makeup, dressing, lighting, and photography for these female models? GAY MEN

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2021 1:31 PM

R104 = lesbian

by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2021 1:33 PM

Yes and no, r106. In high fashion - which this broad would not do well in - there are a lot of gay men. Less so for SI. And those gay men actually look at the women, which r103 does not do.

by Anonymousreply 108July 27, 2021 1:34 PM

R108, if no one told you she was trans, you’d have no idea

by Anonymousreply 109July 27, 2021 1:37 PM

Not necessarily by a quick glance at that cover r109, which has been carefully laid out and heavily photoshopped. Still, the model's expression, vibe and pose suggest a strange idea of a woman in the 21st century. There's something not quite right, particularly in the face.

What you're forgetting r109, is that the real Leyna is a broad-shouldered, muscular, beard-growing, penised man who only looks the way she does now because of multiple plastic surgeries, hormone injections, fillers, layers of cosmetics and endless photoshop. What's in the pants never lies though.

I wish Leyna all the best and hope she has a happy and fulfilling life, but let's not pretend that what's on the cover is the "real" Leyna - the real Leyna is a dude. Any biological woman who had as much plastic surgery as Leyna would be laughed off the cover.

by Anonymousreply 110July 27, 2021 2:13 PM

R109, what you really mean when you say "if no one told you she was trans, you’d have no idea" is "she's had great plastic surgery".

by Anonymousreply 111July 27, 2021 2:14 PM

What’s the lifespan of someone who takes synthetic hormones for decades?

by Anonymousreply 112July 27, 2021 2:22 PM

Don't some straight men watch trans porn and some seek out trans prostitutes? I mean I know the latter is probably a minority. But straight guys today have been so densensitized by internet porn and rule 34 art that I don't think they would care that much about this. But then again, it's mostly older men who buy SI Swimsuit editions anyway. The whole concept of it is horribly outdated, trans or not.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2021 2:34 PM

R109, It has an Adam's apple!

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2021 4:24 PM

Correct, no one buys print magazines. This is click bait for an internet edition. At least you looked!

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2021 4:30 PM

Exactly, r114.

by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2021 4:31 PM

Trans are just prostitutes. They are hyper-sexed gay men who didn’t like being gay and want the type of male attracted to trans women. Who is this trans person trying to seduce? Straight men.

by Anonymousreply 117July 27, 2021 7:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!