Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 27

Waiting to see Kasie Hunt's replacement.

Will it be "Kitchen Table Issues with Claire McCaskill" or "Cooking With Claire?"

We are eagerly anticipating the announcement!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 6, 2021 3:45 PM

What are the knick knacks on the shelf?

Are they elves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2021 12:02 AM

Is Rachel on fire?

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2021 1:29 AM

Stephanie Ruehl said that she's going to interview Bezos later on today.

How did she score that interview??

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2021 1:17 PM

Morgan Chesky on right now with Hallie Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2021 1:41 PM

If Vin Gupta, MD was gay, would he be a noisy bottom?

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2021 1:53 PM

Wow, that Scott Galloway is a total Debbie Downer!

He just poured cold water on this whole space flight thing.

Ugh, what a loser.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Now I see why you guys are fussing about Morgan Chesky.

He's looking good this morning in a blue dress shirt, slightly unbuttoned and showing his chest.

Mmmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 2:04 PM

I want to unbutton Morgan's blue shirt and rub his chest.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2021 2:12 PM

Morgan Chesky’s hairy tits straining against his shirt on now, what a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2021 4:29 PM

Morgan looks like he's getting sweaty.

Does he needs someone to lick it off?

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2021 6:55 PM

ha love seeing Rachel gleefully do the "told you so" schtick last night. She is happy that finally a Trump campaign staffer confirmed in an interview that they did in fact pay extras to appear at the launch of his 2015 candidacy. Rachel's show reported on it back when it happened and they got attacked. Now she's vindicated

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2021 6:57 PM

Is Rachel on fire?

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2021 8:49 PM

No, but Joy's wig should be set on fire!

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2021 11:26 PM

The other thread is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 1:09 AM

Was Rachel's show worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 2:17 AM

Unfortunately, it is never worth watching, R15.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 2:31 AM

Rachel did a deep dive into Trump corruption. It was very watchable when one of her guests pointed out that her Saudi/UAE pairing was missing the Russian component. That it was actually a Russian-UAE-Saudi trail of foreign nationals' corruption and influence.

Funny that Velshi mentioned that Weisselberg was a chump because he didn't get UAE cash.

FUH NEEEE!

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 2:48 AM

Joe just interviewed Spanish Prime Minister, Pedro Sanchez.

Interview at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 3:06 PM

Is Rachel on fire?

Am I the only one for whom Part 26 is paywalled????

I can't post there!

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2021 1:45 AM

R19 Not certain why the MSNBC threads seem to get paywalled well in advance of the maximum number of threads.

There's another Part 27 that's been started (only 4 posts) but the OP requested a link from Part 26, so there may yet be confusion before this settles out.

Can't speak to Rachel, haven't watched yet. But there was a Ben Rhodes sub-thread on Part 26 that I was just getting into. sigh.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2021 9:31 AM

^^ ....well in advance of the maximum number of posts.. (not threads).

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2021 9:37 AM

Nancy Pelosi gave a press conference this morning, and I had to struggle to watch it.

It's like watching a really old lady stumble through her words.

I'm sorry Nancy, but you need to retire. Same for McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2021 4:31 PM

I'll keep Nancy over Schumer. He is worthless and should step aside for a someone with a stronger personality.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2021 5:03 PM

Is Claire McCaskill ON FIRE??

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] Part 26 - Joe Scarborough is annoying as hell as is Mika in another way, but the show is better with him than without him, when Mika is off you only notice because Willy takes over her role of sending us to commercial. If Mika really knew her value, she would be refunding MSNBC some of her pay.

I noticed today that even when Joe is out, Mika will still make it about him, relaying some story about his election experience which matched that of the guest's. It's unrelenting. It is however called Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 10:06 PM

What is the story on the little bitch Jake Sherman? He is always a naysayer and does not seem to support anything the Democrats do. This morning he thought he was Mr. Testosterone with his shirt unbuttoned to show a lot of chest hair. Mary please, masculine he is not. He is such an irritating personality.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 10:18 PM

R26 Now wearing branded merch from his latest news vanity venture - what is it? Punchbowl News, yeah good name.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 10:23 PM

Claire couldn't look more like someone who hosts a show about quilting.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 11:00 PM

Capehart is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 11:05 PM

R29 no he's not

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 11:05 PM

Lol R28.

Add quilting to her news show.

News, baking, and quilting! All in one hour.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 11:43 PM

Is Joy off this week?

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2021 12:22 AM

I do have a big problem with the people who make the chyrons. Often times they're idiotic and abuse the idea behind "breaking news" but this is not specific to MSNBC. All the cable outlets do it

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2021 12:53 AM

Joy hit the one year mark for The Reidout and her annual vacation time kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote] Will it be "Kitchen Table Issues with Claire McCaskill" or "Cooking With Claire?"

Knitting for Cats, with Claire McCaskill.

Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Sounds like many of my favorites Garrett Haake, Michael Steele and Claire are all subbing in the afternoons. I need to tune in!

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2021 2:11 AM

It suddenly occurred to me that some of the really noticeable host absences this week may be due to the Olympics upcoming. Some of these people will definitely be used in whatever coverage MSNBC is going to put out. Rachel mentioned the opening ceremony at the end of her show tonight. Wonder if we'll see some of these people doing Olympic duty.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] It suddenly occurred to me that some of the really noticeable host absences this week may be due to the Olympics upcoming. Some of these people will definitely be used in whatever coverage MSNBC is going to put out.

I've been surprised by the general lack of coverage/discussion/promotions teasing the upcoming Olympics, considering that it starts tomorrow. I'll admit that I've been watching mostly MSNBC and not the other NBC-affiliated networks, so maybe it's happening and I'm not just not seeing it, but usually NBC and Comcast saturate the airwaves with non-stop promotions for the Olympics. I'm wondering if NBC/Comcast fears that the Olympics will end up being a COVID shitshow, so they're scaling back their usual promotional blitz in case everything goes to hell.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2021 3:39 AM

I wish one of Garrett Haake's exes would leak his nudes.

I think he's got a nice CrossFit butt, a full blond bush and 8 inches.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2021 4:32 AM

Whatever else you want to say about him, Brian Williams is genuinely funny. A refreshing break from some of the other MSNBC hosts' sanctimony.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2021 7:38 AM

Hi Brian/R41!!

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2021 8:04 AM

[quote]Where the heck is Joe Scarborough? He hasn't shown on MJ for over a week.

Facelift.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2021 12:12 PM

I love Dr. Vin Gupta's high hair, set off by his very high forehead.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2021 12:47 PM

Ben Collins (on Morning Joe this AM) is very easy on the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2021 12:48 PM

Morgan Chesky is currently on with Steph in one of his button-bursting dress shirts!

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2021 1:02 PM

[quote] Is Joy off this week?

Isn't Joy always a little off?

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Morgan Chesky may look good, but he has no charisma. He’s as dull as Alicia Menendez.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2021 2:12 PM

It's because Morgan is from Texas, R48.

How do I know?

Because during the Bezos space flight, he kept mentioning it!

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2021 3:19 PM

Lol R43.

I wouldn't doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2021 3:26 PM

When Rachel mentioned that the Olympics opening ceremony would be on this morning, I was surprised. I had no idea. All of the commercials I've been seeing all said 7:30pm EST on NBC, so good thing she said that.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2021 3:28 PM

These threads get paywalled because they get monopolized by too few posters, perhaps non-paying posters. If every second or third post is you, knock it off.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Morgan Chesky doesn't need charisma...he just needs to keep wearing tight fitting clothes. Jake Sherman is a puny annoying gnat...easily squashed by Morgan or Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2021 3:45 PM

Shirtless Morgan Chesky...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Chesky and a bro...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2021 3:50 PM

I wish NBC didn't have the Olympics because I really don't give a shit and I don't want to hear about it nor have programs disrupted by them.

by Anonymousreply 56July 23, 2021 3:59 PM

Who’s gonna host 5am’s starting on Monday???

by Anonymousreply 57July 23, 2021 4:08 PM

Claire could anchor NBC's synchronized swimming coverage while knitting.

by Anonymousreply 58July 23, 2021 4:10 PM

I love hairy blondes like Morgan!

Where are Garrett Haake's shirtless pics?

by Anonymousreply 59July 23, 2021 5:46 PM

Is Kasie off to CNN so she can more freely play a conservative counterpoint? Always seemed to me like she was forcing the liberal/progressive perspective of MSNBC a bit, but I’m willing to hear otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 60July 23, 2021 5:53 PM

Male no mistake - Claire may have that sweet little home baker persona, but she is extremely savvy and can hold her own with the best of them. She makes very cogent points and always brings something to the table (and not just pound cake!!!)

by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2021 6:13 PM

*MAKE no mistake* - god damn it!

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2021 6:14 PM

Lol R61.

No need to defend Claire.

Her experience speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]I love hairy blondes like Morgan!

I normally prefer dark-haired guys, but hairy blondes are an exception. Love that combo.

R61, when I said earlier in the thread she looks like she hosts a quilting show, I didn't mean it as an insult. She just has that sweet, Midwestern grandmother look to her and I hate with a passion that scum Hawley beat her. She is awesome when she goes after Trump and his parasites.

by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2021 6:19 PM

Kasie Hunt = Kasie KUNT.

She's a right-wing, closeted lesbian troll.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]Male no mistake

R61/R62 - perhaps you were distracted by the 🔥 Morgan Chesky pics.

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2021 6:35 PM

Claire should have fellow Midwesterner Amy Klobuchar on her show where she can make some Hotdish recipes.

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] These threads get paywalled because they get monopolized by too few posters, perhaps non-paying posters. If every second or third post is you, knock it off.

Or us paying members could post more, I thought there was probably some automatic reply level that made threads paywalled, I am having a hard time seeing Muriel checking all the threads to see who was posting the most.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Claire is so Midwest down to earth, she needs to do an oil change on live TV.

Must SEE!

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2021 11:15 PM

Rachel's wig looks perfect tonight.

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2021 1:22 AM

Is Rachel bald, under her wig?

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2021 1:26 AM

R71 Topper. It's a wig on the top in the front.

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2021 1:31 AM

OMG Lawrence O'Donnell is working on a Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] Is Kasie off to CNN so she can more freely play a conservative counterpoint?

R60 I think what you might have detected was her attempt to remain objective as a Capitol Hill reporter who's in contact with members from both sides of the aisle everyday. Whenever she expresses her own views, usually by acknowledging the absurdity of events & politics in Washington, it's clearly with a liberal slant. She did have guests from the right on her panel show, Kasie DC, and was very tough on them, esp. when it came to their distorted versions of the truth.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] I think what you might have detected was her attempt to remain objective as a Capitol Hill reporter who's in contact with members from both sides of the aisle everyday.

Exactly. Some of you bitches who complain because Kasie Hunt, Andrea Mitchell, and yes, even the ever-loathed Chuck Todd aren't as openly liberal in their broadcasts as you'd like them to be seem to forget that, unlike Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell, they have to (or in Kasie's case, HAD to) do double duty for both MSNBC and NBC News, so they have to appear nonpartisan and maintain objectivity. Kasie is a journalist, not a commentator, but if you ever watched Kasie DC, it was clear that she was frustrated and disgusted by the antics of Trump and today's GOP.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2021 9:23 AM

She regularly pointed out the endless absurdity of Capitol Republicans on Way Too Early.

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Kasie Hunt is MSNBC's very own Mary Cheney!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 24, 2021 1:14 PM

What's it going to take to get rid of Tiffany Cross??!! That voice of hers is intolerable; I'd rather chew on aluminum foil. Her content sucks too. I can't believe she has any kind of decent ratings.

by Anonymousreply 78July 24, 2021 4:51 PM

Agreed, r78.

Hard to believe even POCs are tuning in to Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2021 10:22 PM

I turn into that hot Jake Tapper!

by Anonymousreply 80July 24, 2021 10:41 PM

This Medhi Hasan person is really boring.

It's like watching a BBC newscast.

by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2021 12:52 AM

I've only seen Jacob Soboroff as a reporter in the field. Does he have anchor desk experience? He seems to make hosting WayTooEarly look effortless. Esp. compared to Lemire.

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2021 11:09 AM

There's something about Saboroff that would make me think he could do anything effortlessly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2021 1:05 PM

I have a hard time believing that NBC had a hard time paying Kacie Hunter 1 million to 1.5 million. Now I'm wondering what everybody makes over there.

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2021 1:16 PM

They make peanuts, R84.

I think that most of the people on MSNBC work there out of loyalty and camaraderie, and not for the money.

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2021 3:05 PM

[quote]I think that most of the people on MSNBC work there out of loyalty and camaraderie, and not for the money.

Gurl...

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2021 3:30 PM

I like MSNBC, but I've always had the impression that it's a sweatshop and a nickel-and-dime operation. The big names like Rachel and Lawrence obviously make big money, but I'm not so sure about all the rest. CNN is a full-blown news operation, whereas MSNBC isn't and never has been. MSNBC has to draw upon NBC News talent because they don't have their own staff of full-time reporters. And when all of the regular anchors and hosts are on vacation, MSNBC has to scramble to find substitutes by forcing people like Ali Velshi to work all hours of the day or by trying to turn their analysts like Claire McCaskill or Jason Johnson into news anchors. It would be like tuning in to CNN and seeing David Axelrod substituting for Wolf Blitzer.

by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2021 4:14 PM

Plus CNN is international and MSNBC is domestic.

Ari and Joy are definitely not making millions.

Jake Tapper & Anderson Cooper are.

by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2021 4:38 PM

"MSNBC has to scramble to find substitutes by forcing people like Ali Velshi to work...."

Do you have any evidence of this? Or did you just pull this stupid remark out of your ass?

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2021 6:41 PM

They don't scramble for people. They actually assign people to stand-by and cover in case of unforeseen circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2021 6:47 PM

I do think MSNBC doesn't have CNN's budget or else we wouldn't keep seeing the same 8 people doing commentary on almost all the shows. I wish they'd double the amount of regular commentators they have

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2021 6:59 PM

[quote] I've only seen Jacob Soboroff as a reporter in the field. Does he have anchor desk experience? He seems to make hosting WayTooEarly look effortless. Esp. compared to Lemire.

Working an anchor desk or hosting a show well is largely based on your ability to read a teleprompter smothly. I have never done it but apparently some people have a talent for it, others don't.

by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2021 7:51 PM

I love Jacob Soboroff. So adorable plus he seems like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2021 8:11 PM

R92 I'm sure the teleprompter is a large part of it. Jonathan Lemire improved but never seemed natural, he did well enough in the guest interview segments. Kasie and Jacob just have that flow, but I can't see Jacob taking WTE as his regular gig.

by Anonymousreply 94July 26, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] They actually assign people to stand-by and cover in case of unforeseen circumstances.

Of course they assign people, and it's probably part of their contract that they have to be available to anchor, if asked. I didn't mean they grab people at random off the street. It's just that MSNBC has to dig pretty deep into the pool in order to cover all the slots, to the point of turning to people who have never anchored or hosted a TV show before. That might be fine at the local level, but a national network of MSNBC's stature should have enough experienced journalists and hosts on staff where they don't have to ask someone like Jason Johnson (a professor) or Michael Steele (former RNC chair) or Jonathan Lemire (a print journalist with a full-time gig at the AP). You don't see other networks asking their analysts and contributors to also serve as fill-in anchors. You'd never see NBC ask someone who had never read a teleprompter before to anchor the national news in place of Lester Holt.

by Anonymousreply 95July 26, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Do you have any evidence of this? Or did you just pull this stupid remark out of your ass?

Don't be such an ass. I didn't mean they literally force Ali Velshi at gunpoint to anchor. But if you've ever watched MSNBC, you'll notice that they overwork poor Ali by having him sub for all sorts of people at all sorts of hours. He'll often sub for Lawrence on Friday night from 10 to 11 p.m., then turn around and do his morning show at 8 a.m. Saturday. Ali's a real trouper, but I can't imagine he's thrilled about having that kind of schedule.

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2021 9:36 PM

[quote] OMG Lawrence O'Donnell is working on a Friday night.

That certainly ruined Don Lemon's day

25-54 Demographic (Live+SD x 1,000) ---

Ingraham: 255

Lemon:109

O’Donnell:152

Total Viewers (Live+SD x 1,000)

Ingraham: 1.819

Lemon: 490

O’Donnell: 1.087

by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote] Don't be such an ass. I didn't mean they literally force Ali Velshi at gunpoint to anchor. But if you've ever watched MSNBC, you'll notice that they overwork poor Ali by having him sub for all sorts of people at all sorts of hours.

I'll never forget the tantrum Ali threw on January 6.

I guess he had been working all day on the Insurrection story, and then they made him stay up all night while Congress reconvened, and then voted and certified the 2020 election.

By about 2 or 3 a.m., Ali was visibly exhausted and irritable, and he kept saying "I'm leaving at 4 a.m. I don't care if there's someone here to take my place of not, but I'm done. I'm leaving. I'm exhausted."

Well someone must have put a gun to his head, because he didn't leave!!! Bwahahaha.

They forced him to stay for the certification.

It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2021 9:45 PM

Velshi used to work at CNN. So I guess MSNBC is able to pay him a competitive rate.

by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2021 10:24 PM

R95 they do have some people especially on weekends who are almost never on air except when weekend anchors are on vacation. Not sure why they can't be used more often

I don't want to see commentators hosting the shows

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2021 10:38 PM

That Jason Johnson is the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2021 10:39 PM

It’s funny we’ve never actually discussed this thoroughly. I’m also too lazy to Google but I am sure this information is out there…

Here’s what I think without any Googling (opinion hosts only):

Rachel makes THE most. Next is Lawrence Then Brian Williams Chris Hayes Nicolle + Ari are probably on similar steps Joy (she JUST got promoted, 1 year. Probably a little raise)

by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2021 10:41 PM

More Chris Jansing! She's the best.

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]Velshi used to work at CNN. So I guess MSNBC is able to pay him a competitive rate.

CNN probably got rid of him because Jake Tapper demanded it; that Zionist prick hates Muslims...esp., the ones who defend Palestinians

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2021 10:43 PM

And on the topic of covering each other, I will once again note: you NEVER see that frau Alex Witt M-F.

Her contract is P E R F E C T.

What was the tea again about her having to go to court over somebody owing someone else money?? #Messy

by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2021 10:43 PM

R93, Jacob is very handsome in person, too :)

by Anonymousreply 106July 26, 2021 10:44 PM

Is Rachel on FIRE?

How's her wig doing?

by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2021 12:18 AM

Where are Joe, Mika and Willie on the pay scale? Can't imagine Joe would do the job for less than Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 108July 27, 2021 12:59 AM

Rachel is off for the night and the fill in...

drum roll please

Ali Velshi

again

by Anonymousreply 109July 27, 2021 1:01 AM

Do the guest hosts get special pay when filling in for the big wigs?

If Rachel is the top paid host, then does Ali get her same salary when he fills in for her? Or overtime? Or something like that?

I always wondered how it works for news people.

by Anonymousreply 110July 27, 2021 1:12 AM

[quote] you NEVER see that frau Alex Witt M-F

She's been with MSNBC since 1999 (when Bill Clinton was president), longer than anyone else. But I don't think she's ever done any reporting or any filling in for other anchors. And I don't think she's ever done anything for NBC News. She has a long but undistinguished career. Maybe she works a second job during the week as a nurse or a teacher or a bartender.

by Anonymousreply 111July 27, 2021 1:16 AM

Rofl R111.

She's like a Network News Civil Servant.

by Anonymousreply 112July 27, 2021 1:18 AM

Yes Rose at R110, Ali Velshi is an hourly employee. He likes doing Rachel’s show so he can get time and a half.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2021 1:23 AM

you know when Katy Tur returns she'll be guest hosting all the shows

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote] I'll never forget the tantrum Ali threw on January 6.

And then there was the time Chris Jansing threw down her notebook in frustration when she was trying to do breaking news about the George Floyd protests, but MSNBC kept having technical problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2021 1:40 AM

I bet Andrea Mitchell is making a nice salary. As well as that Chuck Todd. When Chris Matthews left, I'm sure that freed up a ton of money. I bet Joy makes at least 1 to 2 million.

by Anonymousreply 116July 27, 2021 1:45 AM

Lol R115.

I wanted to find a video of Ali threatening to walk off the set that early morning on January 7, but I couldn't find one.

by Anonymousreply 117July 27, 2021 1:46 AM

Lawrence is finally back in the NYC studios

by Anonymousreply 118July 27, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote] I bet Joy makes at least 1 to 2 million.

She should buy some better wigs.

by Anonymousreply 119July 27, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote] Maybe she works a second job during the week...

For the past few years Alex has had a job on the Showtime series The Circus with John Heilemann, along with a couple of former campaign politicos. I think she stepped in when Halperin was cancelled by #metoo. Last season she did a prescient report from a scary bunch of militant Drumpf supporters.

She filled in for Nicolle on Deadline Whitehouse for a full week earlier this year. DL gave her rave reviews.

by Anonymousreply 120July 27, 2021 8:20 AM

lmfao this morning on Way Too Early the guest host is Elise Jordan

for all it's "so left wing" labeling, MSNBC really loves Bush-era (former) repubs. Elise, Nicolle, Joe, Stuart Stevens, Michael Steele, A. B. Stoddard and more

by Anonymousreply 121July 27, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote] For the past few years Alex has had a job on the Showtime series The Circus with John Heilemann, along with a couple of former campaign politicos. I think she stepped in when Halperin was cancelled by #metoo. Last season she did a prescient report from a scary bunch of militant Drumpf supporters.

You're talking about Alex Wagner. We were talking about Alex Witt, who only anchors for a few hours on weekends and whose Monday through Friday life seems to be a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 122July 27, 2021 9:17 AM

[quote] for all it's "so left wing" labeling, MSNBC really loves Bush-era (former) repubs. Elise, Nicolle, Joe, Stuart Stevens, Michael Steele, A. B. Stoddard and more

And you can add people like Bill Kristol, Tim Miller, and Charlie Sykes to the list. MSNBC has become more of an anti-Trump network than a true left-leaning network. It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump ever does go away or die, or if the GOP goes from being totally batshit crazy to slightly less batshit crazy (doubtful, I know). Will any of these conservatives (or former conservatives) continue to appear on MSNBC, or will they all bolt to Fox News?

by Anonymousreply 123July 27, 2021 9:31 AM

Have you seen Steve Kornacki in Tokyo at the Olypmics? He looks great! He looks like he's lost 20 or 30 pounds since the election. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 124July 27, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote] Have you seen Steve Kornacki in Tokyo at the Olypmics? He looks great! He looks like he's lost 20 or 30 pounds since the election. Good for him.

Steve wasn't even fat to begin with, so he must look awful now.

by Anonymousreply 125July 27, 2021 3:20 PM

I was at a brunch with my Capitol Hill contact on Sunday. He has had several interactions/run-ins with Jake Sherman (Punchbowl News) and confirmed that Jake is a total asshole. Basically he’s a Republican. He’s a snide bitch who whines and pitches fits when he doesn’t get his way.

Also, the gossip I dropped over a month ago on the Treason threads that the FBI has secured the cooperation of Matt Gaetz’s victim was re-confirmed. Gaetz will most likely be indicted by summer’s end.

by Anonymousreply 126July 27, 2021 5:59 PM

Yamiche is on FIRE!

by Anonymousreply 127July 27, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote] Velshi used to work at CNN. So I guess MSNBC is able to pay him a competitive rate.

Velshi was let go by CNN and ended up at Al Jazeera where I doubt he was making shit in pay, but who knows maybe the Qataris pay well but I doubt it.

Anyway he eventually got hired by MSNBC, I think Velshi is trying to make himself too valuable to be let go again by making himself available when ever he is needed.

by Anonymousreply 128July 27, 2021 8:38 PM

I don't notice any difference in Kornacki's appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 27, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] Anyway he eventually got hired by MSNBC, I think Velshi is trying to make himself too valuable to be let go again by making himself available when ever he is needed.

He was at CNBC before MSNBC. Same with Stephanie Ruhle.

I think that business reporting is what he likes the most.

by Anonymousreply 130July 27, 2021 8:47 PM

R129 - His face looks thinner but his overall rumpled look is in tact. I like Steve and he has a nice personality. I purchased some of those Gap Palomino Brown pants he wears a while back - they are super comfy and priced right.

by Anonymousreply 131July 27, 2021 9:06 PM

Please let me know if the clip of Matthew Dowd excoriating straight white Christian men on Nicholes show today hits the internet .

It was THE PURE TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 132July 27, 2021 9:17 PM

Nicole tweets all her highlights.

by Anonymousreply 133July 27, 2021 10:47 PM

Nicolle & Ari need to get back to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 134July 27, 2021 10:54 PM

Nicolle needs to highlight her hair.

by Anonymousreply 135July 27, 2021 10:54 PM

This is what she tweeted for Dowd.

What’s with the Flintstones dress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 27, 2021 11:02 PM

Ari needs to cut that Rap Shit referencing on his show out! He ain't black, White Boy ain't got the 'blood' and He ain't Kool no matter who he hangs with.

by Anonymousreply 137July 27, 2021 11:03 PM

Oh, here you all are! I was still posting on Part 26 ... duh.

Thankfully the officers at today's House Hearing on the January 6 Terrorist Attack presented uncensored, no-holds-barred, non-apologetic testimonies. The squeamish be damned; the American people and the world need to hear what transpired on Capitol Hill verbatim.

However, during the 3pm hour, MSNBC chose to edit the phrase "fucking nigger," bleeping out the word "fucking" while letting "nigger" stand. Whose decision was this? Let your viewers hear the truth as presented by the witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 138July 27, 2021 11:06 PM

Now, during "Deadline: White House," they're bleeping the word "nigger." I don't know what it is, but this is not good journalism!

by Anonymousreply 139July 27, 2021 11:07 PM

Ari's guest Marq Claxton questioned MSNBC's decision to censor the testimony and expressed his disappointment in their doing so.

Hear! Hear!

by Anonymousreply 140July 27, 2021 11:32 PM

R132 I think Dowd is a gay...a few weeks ago I forget if he was on MSNBC or CNN but the location in the upper corner said "Provincetown" lol

so maybe being gay is part of why he left the party

by Anonymousreply 141July 28, 2021 1:08 AM

Yikes, R138/R139.

Where is that transcript from???

[quote] Ari needs to cut that Rap Shit referencing on his show out! He ain't black, White Boy ain't got the 'blood' and He ain't Kool no matter who he hangs with.

Rofl! I love when Ari talks RAP!

I don't know why, but it's a huge turn on for me.

by Anonymousreply 142July 28, 2021 1:36 AM

R141 Is this a thing now, reformed Republicans going to Provincetown? Alisyn Camerota of CNN (formerly a Fox & Friend) just announced she's spending the week there, despite the covid19 that visitors are bringing in.

by Anonymousreply 143July 28, 2021 2:27 AM

Someone at MSNBC reads here ... this evening's broadcast reflects comments posted upthread.

by Anonymousreply 144July 28, 2021 2:28 AM

r136, it was what came after that and Dr. Glaude chimed in, it was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 145July 28, 2021 3:29 AM

It's always such a disappointment to turn on Rachel's show and seeing someone else ubbing for her. No offence to Velshi or Nicolle but she's irreplaceable.

How long are Rachel's vacations usually ? Two weeks ?

by Anonymousreply 146July 28, 2021 4:47 AM

I can't imagine anybody butch enough for ubbing Rachel

by Anonymousreply 147July 28, 2021 5:03 AM

Morning Joe was TRASHING Faux News.

They were going on and on about how Faux was disgusting in their attacks on Capitol police.

It was very satisfying to watch.

John Heilemann just can't contain his contempt for them any more. He fucking HATES Faux Noise.

by Anonymousreply 148July 28, 2021 2:01 PM

r146, is there a particular hour? YT has them for the day but not the whole 3 hour block.

by Anonymousreply 149July 28, 2021 2:25 PM

This is the kind of Fox News bullshit that the Morning Joe panel was so pissed about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Agree that Morning Joe was excellent all morning. Trashed the Fox folks big time. Wonder if there will be a movement to boycott Fox News advertisers id they don't drop their business from that shithole station. Cancel Laura and Tucker immediately.

by Anonymousreply 151July 28, 2021 5:28 PM

I say it's time to boycott Fox Snooze advertisers. Those corporations are party not only to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, but to the demise of democracy as we know it.

Where can I find a reliable and current list of the sponsors?

by Anonymousreply 152July 28, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote]Someone at MSNBC reads here ... this evening's broadcast reflects comments posted upthread.

Obviously it’s Vaughn.

by Anonymousreply 153July 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Fox runs "My Pillow" ads several times an hour. Nobody else will-

by Anonymousreply 154July 28, 2021 6:34 PM

[quote] Obviously it’s Vaughn.

I can imagine Vaughn reading and posting here on DataLounge. Hey, Vaughn, the next time you're on MSNBC, say something that only DataLoungers will understand so we know you're reading these threads.

by Anonymousreply 155July 28, 2021 6:53 PM

When you're reporting from Arizona, maybe something like, "It is as hot as a grease fire here today."

by Anonymousreply 156July 28, 2021 7:21 PM

It's weird that Kornacki is an out gay man, but Vaughn isn't.

For me, it would be harder for me to guess that Steve is gay, versus Vaughn.

Yet Vaughn remains in the closet.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 157July 28, 2021 7:23 PM

Or blink "DL" in Morse code (dash-dot-dot; dot-dash-dot-dot).

by Anonymousreply 158July 28, 2021 7:23 PM

R144, we are probably on the only Internet forum discussing the channel…

by Anonymousreply 159July 28, 2021 7:54 PM

On-air talent has no power to make programming decisions. No, more likely someone in management reads here say, in this instance, MSNBC's Standards and Practices department.

by Anonymousreply 160July 28, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote] When you're reporting from Arizona, maybe something like, "It is as hot as a grease fire here today."

Or, "It's so hot, I wish I were wearing a caftan."

by Anonymousreply 161July 28, 2021 8:41 PM

It's so hot, my mussy is dripping like a leaky fire hydrant!

by Anonymousreply 162July 28, 2021 8:46 PM

Nicolle should probably just admit that she wants to eat out Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 163July 28, 2021 9:13 PM

Nicolle looks orange today, she needs to get the fuck back in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 164July 28, 2021 9:45 PM

Has Nicolle developed agoraphobia? It's way past time for her to be back in studio full-time.

by Anonymousreply 165July 28, 2021 9:59 PM

I hope she visits a hairdresser first.

by Anonymousreply 166July 28, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote] Someone at MSNBC reads here

Then I hope they read this. All of the opinion shows on MSNBC act like their audience is full of Trump supporters, who's opinions can be changed. We don't need a 24/7 diet of how bad Trump was, how horrible Fox News is, how corrupt the Republican party is, we know. We have been living it.

by Anonymousreply 167July 29, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] We don't need a 24/7 diet of how bad Trump was, how horrible Fox News

But that's all we have since we lost the franchise for tattooed prison inmate shows.

by Anonymousreply 168July 29, 2021 1:35 AM

You are so correct R167. I get tired of some of the hosts preaching to its audience who predominately agree with what is being said. Stop getting all preachy and uppity to your audience MSNBC. Nicolle does not preach to her audience...she is just plain pissed at Repugs. and assumes her audience is too.

by Anonymousreply 169July 29, 2021 3:24 AM

I love MSNBC, but all their shows are basically the same five stories over and over, day after day, hour after hour:

1. The GOP continues to push the big lie that Trump won the election.

2. Trump's legal troubles are growing.

3. The GOP is spreading misinformation about the COVID vaccines.

4. The GOP wants to make it more difficult for people to vote.

5. All of these problems hurt black people the most.

by Anonymousreply 170July 29, 2021 4:14 AM

Socialism!

INFLATION!

by Anonymousreply 171July 29, 2021 4:21 AM

It was so refreshing to have some actual news to report today with the infrastructure deal.

by Anonymousreply 172July 29, 2021 5:36 AM

[quote] Nicolle looks orange today, she needs to get the fuck back in the studio. - I hope she visits a hairdresser first.

If she cared enough to put in the effort she should be able to make it work even her basement, bring in help if necessary. Take Katty Kay on the Beat today, from her home, looking perfect.

by Anonymousreply 173July 29, 2021 7:03 AM

Please no Jonathan Lemire for "Way Too Early".

by Anonymousreply 174July 29, 2021 9:07 AM

If MSNBC doesn't give Claire a show in the "Way Too Early" spot, then there will be HELL to pay!

by Anonymousreply 175July 29, 2021 9:11 AM

She wasn't that good filling in for Nicole, Grandma ain't getting up at 3 in the morning to get ready and bake the cake of the day. Give it up.

by Anonymousreply 176July 29, 2021 9:36 AM

Jonathan Lemire must read the MSNBC threads, because he cut his hair!

It doesn't look so messy any more, like it used to.

by Anonymousreply 177July 29, 2021 12:33 PM

He's still...SMIRKY.

by Anonymousreply 178July 29, 2021 1:46 PM

I agree with the upthread poster that it's mostly the same news recycled, but I do appreciate some of the commentary.

This is what I do: I dvr the prime time lineup, then I start with Brian Williams and go backwards. His show usually recounts the day's top stories in order of importance. I'll watch his 6-minute recap of the day's events, ff to see if he has one of my favorite historians on (like Jon Meachum or Michael Bechloss), then watch Last Thing Before We Go. Then I skip back to Chris Hayes' 10-minute opening monologue, then I end with Rachel. If her top story seems different from what I've already seen, or is a point of view not taken, I'll mostly watch in its entirety. If it seems like a story she's stretching out to the end, I'll just skip ahead to the punchline.

So I get all my news in less than one hour. I wish I could use my FF remote in real life circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 179July 29, 2021 6:30 PM

it is repetitive but for good reason. Viewers cannot forget the atrocities that Trump and the repubs have committed and keep committing. We're not in normal times. Not everyone who turns on the news is watching it daily like we do. They need a reminder that the repubs are lying about every fucking issue you can imagine.

Next year will be a fight for our democracy yet again. If the repubs regain both halves of congress we are fucked worse than during the Trump era because this time they will not let go of power. They're showing now with everything they're doing that they are willing to continuously pump out dangerous disinformation from coronavirus to election results and everything in between.

by Anonymousreply 180July 29, 2021 7:00 PM

The hottest guy on MSNBC without question

Eugene Scott

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 29, 2021 7:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 29, 2021 7:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2021 7:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote] it is repetitive but for good reason. Viewers cannot forget the atrocities that Trump and the repubs have committed and keep committing. We're not in normal times.

I agree, but MSNBC's viewership hasn't forgotten the atrocities that Trump and the GOP are committing. The people who have forgotten and need constant reminders are, unfortunately, the ones who don't watch MSNBC.

[quote] Not everyone who turns on the news is watching it daily like we do. They need a reminder that the repubs are lying about every fucking issue you can imagine.

I would guess (though I'll admit I have no statistics to point to) that people who are only casual or sporadic news consumers generally aren't watching MSNBC. MSNBC's audience seems to be more loyal viewers and news die-hards.

[quote] They're showing now with everything they're doing that they are willing to continuously pump out dangerous disinformation from coronavirus to election results and everything in between.

Somehow, we need to get to the people who are being brainwashed with disinformation and give them a dose of the truth (a difficult thing to do, I know). MSNBC is great at firing up the Democratic base, but it's not going to stop the spread of disinformation or change the minds of the idiots who believe it.

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2021 7:18 PM

R181, he is a regular fixture on DC Scruff/Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2021 7:26 PM

July ’21 Cable News Ranker: Tucker Carlson Tonight Completes Month at No. 1 in Total Viewers and A25-54

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2021 7:41 PM

2 million viewers, but people like Meghan McCain screech his audience is huge! There are 322 million people NOT watching Tucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 188July 29, 2021 7:59 PM

that's just tv. A lot more people see clips of various shows on twitter instagram and facebook

by Anonymousreply 189July 29, 2021 8:00 PM

R167 here, what I was trying to point out is the tone of their shows is like they are trying to convince a bunch of Trump supporters what a bad man he is. Very few Trump supporters watch their shows, the people who watch already know what type of person Trump is, we don't need convincing. The point of their show seems to be to convince me of something I already believe. I am not saying they shouldn't report what they are reporting but I don't feel like they are talking to me, but to Trump supporters. That isn't their audience, I need more of what is being done or needs to be done to block Trump and the GQP instead of what Trump is doing or has done, or did two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] I don't feel like they are talking to me, but to Trump supporters. That isn't their audience, I need more of what is being done or needs to be done to block Trump and the GQP instead of what Trump is doing or has done, or did two years ago.

I wish they spent more time talking to people in the trenches -- activists across the country, unsung heroes, people like the guy who confronted Tucker Carlson in the Montana bait shop. I wish they spent more time actually breaking down issues like immigration, climate change, or student loan forgiveness and discussing the pros and cons of various solutions. But doing that would cost a lot of money and require a network of reporters around the country. And probably wouldn't get very good ratings.

by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2021 10:34 PM

I love Jonathan Lemire's little shelf with his Cookie Monster figurine, his colorful little hacky sack thing, and his little statue of toddler JFK Jr saluting.

by Anonymousreply 192July 29, 2021 10:40 PM

I'm long in love with Renato Mariotti seen now with Ari Melber.

by Anonymousreply 193July 29, 2021 10:49 PM

I think Renato lost weight which is good

by Anonymousreply 194July 29, 2021 10:57 PM

Where has Renato been? He did look healthier and more fit. Younger!

by Anonymousreply 195July 29, 2021 11:22 PM

Nicolle read this thread last night-back in the studio.

Hair blown, make-up did, fashionista dress.

And Mike Schmidt is her guest!

by Anonymousreply 196July 29, 2021 11:23 PM

Renato ran an unsuccessful campaign for Illinois AG. I was surprised as he's quite likable and I thought the MSNBC/CNN exposure would have gotten him the win

I hope he does more commentary now though

by Anonymousreply 197July 29, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote] Nicolle read this thread last night-back in the studio. Hair blown, make-up did, fashionista dress.

Want to try that comment about make-up again, R196?

And that hair needs more than blowing -- cut it!

by Anonymousreply 198July 30, 2021 12:36 AM

Awww, Hans Nichols' dog was up "Way Too Early" this morning. Cute.

Speaking of pups, have there been any on-air sightings of Axel Rucker?

by Anonymousreply 199July 30, 2021 12:49 AM

Nicolle’s make-up was did, fuck you R198

by Anonymousreply 200July 30, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote] Where has Renato been?

He has a pretty good podcast, On Topic (which he introduces with a cheesy "Ooooooon Topic") focusing on the legal aspects to political news. I listened regularly prior to the election, but need to catch up with recent episodes. He's had several MSNBC regulars on as guests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 30, 2021 4:20 AM

Did Lemire fall asleep during his segment on Nicole? Looked like it to me.

by Anonymousreply 202July 30, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] Nicolle’s make-up was did, fuck you [R198]

R200 is so upset he couldn't even put a period at the end of his beautifully crafted sentence.

by Anonymousreply 203July 30, 2021 6:38 AM

Howcome no one mentions that Joe Scarborough is slowly transitioning into gray hair?

I guess he's getting tired of coloring it.

by Anonymousreply 204July 30, 2021 10:50 AM

Joe's head of thick full hair is enviable to any middle aged man.

by Anonymousreply 205July 30, 2021 12:43 PM

He looks old and washed out.

He'll never reach Cooper level of hair perfection.

Dye it Joe.

by Anonymousreply 206July 30, 2021 2:01 PM

Dr. Vin Gupta still comes off as a pocket gay. I'll stereotype and say he seems like a bottom who would squeal and really move his ass as he was getting plowed. Gay vibes from this straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 207July 30, 2021 2:48 PM

Nicolle & Ari are on the same studio 1 day a month schedule.

by Anonymousreply 208July 30, 2021 11:58 PM

Joe Scarborough will have a stroke one day on air when he is going off on one of his insane rants.

by Anonymousreply 209July 31, 2021 12:13 AM

And Mika won’t help him.

by Anonymousreply 210July 31, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote] Joe Scarborough will have a stroke one day on air

Vengeance at last !

by Anonymousreply 211July 31, 2021 12:25 AM

Why are Mika and Joe in separate locations on their show? Aren't they married?

by Anonymousreply 212July 31, 2021 1:31 AM

Yes, R212. Maybe that's why they stay apart -- too much togetherness (fka "familiarity breeds contempt") can kill a marriage.

by Anonymousreply 213July 31, 2021 1:49 AM

I sure like the sound of that, R207. He’s so fucking hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 214July 31, 2021 5:02 AM

Monica's parents have been separated/divorced for 15 years. Her father proudly says he's "still got it" but is waiting for Monica to be settled before getting back into the dating game. Her mother isn't dating, but Monica likes it that way, she doesn't want to share her Mommy, even though they don't see each other all that much. This has been going on for 15 years?

by Anonymousreply 215July 31, 2021 10:20 AM

Jonathan Capehart is subbing for Tiffany and to yank her chain, welcomed people to "The Saturday Show." She immediately got on Twitter, explained she was just on vacation and posted a picture of herself in a bikini with her naughty pillows spilling out. I did not need to see that.

by Anonymousreply 216July 31, 2021 2:47 PM

Tiffany is a chicken head and her mentor, Joy Reid, an aging wannabe.

Clean out the chicken coop and the sorority house, Ms. Jones.

by Anonymousreply 217July 31, 2021 2:55 PM

Who is Monica, R215?

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2021 6:42 PM

Monica is the new host of "Way Too Early." Now perhaps her father can move on with his life.🤣

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2021 10:41 PM

That is BULLSHIT, R219!!!!

Claire was robbed!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 31, 2021 10:52 PM

I LIVE for scenes of Claire's tastefully decorated home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 31, 2021 11:04 PM

R219 Who the hell is Monica?

by Anonymousreply 222July 31, 2021 11:08 PM

Speaking of Monica, THE VIEW is crazy not to hire Monica Lewinsky.

by Anonymousreply 223July 31, 2021 11:27 PM

They need a Republican, R223, or at least a conservative. Has Monica backlashed that far?

by Anonymousreply 224July 31, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote] Who the hell is Monica?

She's married to Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 225August 1, 2021 12:03 AM

Re the pic @ R221:

What's that cake plate doing in Claire's living room?

Does she have desserts following her around everywhere like a good luck charm?

Or does she have goodies in every room?

by Anonymousreply 226August 1, 2021 1:11 AM

R219, does Monica have a surname? Or has MSNBC taken to hiring anchors with only first names, like Madonna and Cher?

by Anonymousreply 227August 1, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] What's that cake plate doing in Claire's living room?

I think that's her front parlor.

by Anonymousreply 228August 1, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote] Or does she have goodies in every room?

I'm guessing she has goodies in every room.

by Anonymousreply 229August 1, 2021 2:36 AM

She has afternoon tea and is prepared to accept a visiting card at a moment's notice.

My kind of lady..

by Anonymousreply 230August 1, 2021 3:41 AM

Kornacki is annoying with his Olympic segments. Still waving his arms wildly as he does when looking at election results

by Anonymousreply 231August 1, 2021 3:52 AM

R231 I like Steve, but I don't get why he feels the need to lunge at the big board when pointing out a detail, I mean it's right there. Emphasis maybe? just odd.

by Anonymousreply 232August 1, 2021 4:24 AM

Claire definitely has a mug ready to be cradled in every room.

by Anonymousreply 233August 1, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote] She has afternoon tea and is prepared to accept a visiting card at a moment's notice.

[quote] My kind of lady..

Mine too.

It's a sign of good manners and upbringing.

You can tell that she was raised well.

by Anonymousreply 234August 1, 2021 5:42 AM

Monica and her parents are reconciling over tea at Claire's. (See R215 above).

by Anonymousreply 235August 1, 2021 6:26 AM

Jonathan Capehart had an amazing and informative segment on Covid, this morning.

Watch it if you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 1, 2021 7:32 PM

I really like Jonathan

by Anonymousreply 237August 1, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote]Speaking of Monica, THE VIEW is crazy not to hire Monica Lewinsky.

Why? So we can go from hearing "my father, John McCain" every day to "I was a victim of Bill Clinton" every other sentence?

by Anonymousreply 238August 1, 2021 10:06 PM

Lewinsky is a whole lot smarter than McCain.

by Anonymousreply 239August 1, 2021 10:53 PM

Lewinski blames Roger Ailes and Drudge more than Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 240August 1, 2021 10:56 PM

That depends what the meaning of is is.

by Anonymousreply 241August 2, 2021 12:29 AM

Monica never said she was a victim. She was a consenting adult.

by Anonymousreply 242August 2, 2021 12:30 AM

Monica has no one to blame but herself.

by Anonymousreply 243August 2, 2021 12:35 AM

So true.

by Anonymousreply 244August 2, 2021 12:39 AM

Exactly, R243. No one forced her down on her knees.

by Anonymousreply 245August 2, 2021 1:10 AM

[quote]Lewinsky is a whole lot smarter than McCain.

That’s a VERY low bar.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2021 1:11 AM

At some point in testimony or maybe just in an interview, Monica said that she's the one who started it with Clinton. Not that he ever seems to have needed much of an invitation, but this wasn't like the Paula Jones incident where he (allegedly) propositioned her.

by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2021 1:15 AM

Shit, Limire is back at 5:00am. They're going to give it to him and he sucks behind the desk.

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2021 9:13 AM

They are still running My Pillow commercials. Why the fuck are they running ads from someone who is trying to overthrow our government?

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2021 9:29 AM

Elise Stefanik looks like an earthworm with a face.

by Anonymousreply 250August 2, 2021 10:05 AM

Elise Stefanik is a fat dumpy pig.

by Anonymousreply 251August 2, 2021 10:51 AM

This morning on "Morning Mika" she had almost the entire first half hour to herself, she didn't introduce Jonathan Lemire until 20 minutes into the show, she one guest a Florida Hospital official who only Mika questioned. More shockingly it was 33 minutes into the show before she even had her first commercial.

In the second half hour while attempting to say election, she instead said erection, which even she found amusing. Unfortunately she wasn't on camera when she said erection but she was having trouble controlling her laugh and the next time she said election she emphasized election.

by Anonymousreply 252August 2, 2021 10:55 AM

In Mika's defense, her focus was on the alarming rise in COVID hospitalizations among the unvaccinated, particularly in the hardest hit state of Florida.

And about 5 minutes of the beginning of the show consisted of two Vaughn Hillyard reports before shortly thereafter going to the FL hospital official.

The first half hour also had a Matt Bradley report from France which then lead to Mika speaking with Ed Luce.

In that respect, the first half hour of the show was more news than discussion focused, and I was OK with that.

No comment on the "erection" slip.

by Anonymousreply 253August 2, 2021 12:09 PM

[quote] Shit, Limire is back at 5:00am. They're going to give it to him and he sucks behind the desk.

How do you think he got the job?

by Anonymousreply 254August 2, 2021 1:29 PM

Stephanie Ruhle had three studly reporters on split screen this morning!

Vaughn Hillyard, Morgan Chesky, and Shaquille Brewster.

What a slut!!

I'll bet she banged all three.

by Anonymousreply 255August 2, 2021 1:30 PM

Stephanie Ruhle banging Vaughn Hillyard?

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 256August 2, 2021 3:48 PM

I am assuming that when any host asks a question of a paid contributor such as Michael Steele or Claire McCaskill and such, that the paid contributor was informed of the question they were going to be asked before hand when they were booked. Am I wrong?

I am also assuming that when a political person such as a Senator, is interviewed that they don't know the questions they will be asked but were told of the area of interest that they will be asked about such as immigration or taxes. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 257August 2, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote] I'll bet she banged all three.

R255 For your own good, stay away from gambling.

by Anonymousreply 258August 2, 2021 3:52 PM

I want to do naughty things to Shaq.

by Anonymousreply 259August 2, 2021 4:57 PM

Is Vaughn a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 260August 2, 2021 7:19 PM

Luke Russert has been traveling since 2016, when he left MSNBC, visiting 67.countries. He will share the wisdom he learned in a new book along with something about his “identity.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 2, 2021 8:54 PM

[quote] Luke Russert has been traveling since 2016, when he left MSNBC, visiting 67.countries. He will share the wisdom he learned in a new book along with something about his “identity.”

Is she a trans-woman now?

by Anonymousreply 262August 2, 2021 8:59 PM

[quote] I am assuming that when any host asks a question of a paid contributor such as Michael Steele or Claire McCaskill and such, that the paid contributor was informed of the question they were going to be asked before hand

All MSNBC is kabuki theater.

by Anonymousreply 263August 2, 2021 9:08 PM

Is today a first day in forever that EVERYONE is NOT on vacation?

Do people VaCay at the end of the month not to lose time?

by Anonymousreply 264August 2, 2021 10:23 PM

Will they ever stop talking about Tim Russert’s “untimely death”? I feel like I’ve been hearing about it for half of my lifetime.

He wasn’t James Dean, for fuck’s sake!

by Anonymousreply 265August 2, 2021 10:47 PM

Was it was more like Jane Mansfield with his head bouncing down the hood?

by Anonymousreply 266August 2, 2021 10:49 PM

WRONG, Capehart is in for Joy. I think substitutes should be required to wear a wig of her when they substitute.

by Anonymousreply 267August 2, 2021 11:02 PM

Rachel Maddow will be back tonight.

by Anonymousreply 268August 2, 2021 11:05 PM

I only became a rabid MSNBC watcher with the advent of tRump in 2016.

How did Tim and then Luke fit into the MSNBC lineup? Were they both beloved/respected more than any anchors at the network today?

by Anonymousreply 269August 2, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote] Will they ever stop talking about Tim Russert’s “untimely death”?

NEVER!!!!!!

I've made an entire career from it!

by Anonymousreply 270August 2, 2021 11:45 PM

Luke Russert is long gone, gramps

by Anonymousreply 271August 2, 2021 11:56 PM

Rachel will NOT be back tonight, it's Ali Velshi

by Anonymousreply 272August 3, 2021 12:39 AM

Does Rachel work part-time for MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 273August 3, 2021 12:43 AM

Joy Reid is taking another week off.

by Anonymousreply 274August 3, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] Joy Reid is taking another week off.

Please take the rest of the year off, while you're at it!

by Anonymousreply 275August 3, 2021 12:46 AM

C'mon Rachel and Joy come back please

I like Ali Velshi but I'm sick of him on so much. MSNBC really needs to add more hosts

by Anonymousreply 276August 3, 2021 1:01 AM

All these anchors are off—Joy, Rachel, Brian.

And David Muir & Jake Tapper on other channels are on holiday too!

by Anonymousreply 277August 3, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote] All MSNBC is kabuki theater.

I am sure all the news networks do the same.

by Anonymousreply 278August 3, 2021 1:31 AM

I don't think they send out questions in advance but yes all commentators know what the topics will be. Plenty of hosts came up with questions on the spot during conversations

by Anonymousreply 279August 3, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote] I don't think they send out questions in advance but yes all commentators know what the topics will be.

And even if the commentators aren't given a list, they already know what the topics will be: Trump, the GOP, COVID and voting rights.

by Anonymousreply 280August 3, 2021 2:26 AM

R277 - maybe they're all vacationing together.

by Anonymousreply 281August 3, 2021 3:34 AM

I'm happy that Rachel gets two (?) weeks off, everybody needs a good vacation, but boy is she missed. Serves as a reminder that she really is the best at what she does.

I like Nicolle too.

by Anonymousreply 282August 3, 2021 5:05 AM

But last Friday Velshi said Rachel would be back on Monday, and we are fucked again.

by Anonymousreply 283August 3, 2021 5:07 AM

I remember her being back on a tuesday, but wasn't it after being sick though ? Or a long week end maybe. Hopefully she's back tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 284August 3, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote] Is she a trans-woman now?

Luke/Lulu and the reviled Jake Sherman were an item back in the day. when they both had penises to rub together.

by Anonymousreply 285August 3, 2021 6:32 AM

Anyone really know how these paid informants like Michael Steele or Claire make? Flat fee, per appearance?

by Anonymousreply 286August 3, 2021 9:42 AM

Alayna Treene has the worst (not that there is a best) vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 287August 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Michael Steele is a low-information hanger-on who probably earns pennies since MSNBC is the only network who will hire him.

Claire is a former Senator who knows what the fuck she's talking about. I hope to goddess that she earns more than Michael Steele.

by Anonymousreply 288August 3, 2021 12:04 PM

Michael Steele overused the term “space.” He says it every single time he appears on Nicolle. As in, “The Republicans own that SPACE.”

He’s obsessed with that phrase, Martha.

by Anonymousreply 289August 3, 2021 12:41 PM

*overuses

by Anonymousreply 290August 3, 2021 12:51 PM

Even worse than that R289, is the over-use by EVERYONE of the word "Right?"

It's such an annoying affectation that reporters and commentators have been using recently.

Such as, "The Republicans have been stalling the bill, right? And now they've begun to..."

There was this black guy on over the weekend who finished nearly EVERY sentence with the word "Right?"

OMG, I am ready to punch some faces in.

Once one person starts developing a particular mannerism that catches on, then everyone starts doing it!!!!

Before this, it was beginning every sentence with "Look, blah blah blah."

Some people still do it. Like Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 291August 3, 2021 3:28 PM

Tim Russert was political director for NBC News and the host of Meet the Press. He appeared often on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 292August 3, 2021 3:32 PM

^We know.

by Anonymousreply 293August 3, 2021 3:38 PM

See r269

by Anonymousreply 294August 3, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote]Michael Steele is a low-information hanger-on who probably earns pennies since MSNBC is the only network who will hire him.

Not a fan of Steele, I don't respect someone who belongs to a political party that doesn't support them and Steele is still a Republican. BUT I will give him points this week for calling Gym Jordan a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 3, 2021 4:05 PM

Danny Cevallos is so gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 296August 3, 2021 5:37 PM

Did you guys notice that Lawrence tried to engage Velshi during their handoff? Velshi was not having it. He looked pissed, and all he did was nod his head. ROFL

by Anonymousreply 297August 3, 2021 7:40 PM

Claire McCaskill looks like she is reporting from a Log Cabin today on Deadline White House.

by Anonymousreply 298August 3, 2021 9:13 PM

An ugly log cabin.

by Anonymousreply 299August 3, 2021 9:46 PM

Nicolle will be filling in for Rachel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 300August 3, 2021 10:13 PM

How much do you wanna bet Nicolle repeats some afternoon segments from her show subbing for Rachel tonight?

by Anonymousreply 301August 3, 2021 10:25 PM

That grey linen sports jacket, white shirt and colorless tie does nothing for Ari. Blue is his color!

by Anonymousreply 302August 3, 2021 10:26 PM

I think Ari is beautiful in everything. I just hope for the sake of his lovers that he's a hot fuck in bed to make putting up with all the rap references worth it.

by Anonymousreply 303August 3, 2021 10:29 PM

OH GOD, don't tell me Ari quotes rappers while he is having sex?

by Anonymousreply 304August 3, 2021 11:07 PM

R304, would you really find it that surprising if he did?

by Anonymousreply 305August 3, 2021 11:09 PM

So great to see Maya Wiley back tonight as an MSNBC commentator with Jonathan Capehart subbing for Joy.

by Anonymousreply 306August 3, 2021 11:11 PM

Chris Cuomo's ratings will be off the charts tonight whether or not Rachel is back.

by Anonymousreply 307August 3, 2021 11:14 PM

I have more respect for Chris Hayes. He shows up, he does the job.

I am starting to get over Rachel. Go Nicole!

Capehart needs to do what he does in a Joy wig.

by Anonymousreply 308August 4, 2021 12:20 AM

I think it's funny how Chris Hayes tends to slow down his delivery whenever he's introducing a guest:

"Michael Steele is ex-RNC chair and lieutenant governor of Maryland and he joins ... me ... now...."

by Anonymousreply 309August 4, 2021 12:34 AM

FWIW Chris Cuomo shockingly made no mention of his brother's scandal in tonight's show, at least in the first 15 minutes before I returned to MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 310August 4, 2021 1:30 AM

The Attorney General's report confirmed Chris had worked on Andrew's earlier response to the accusations.

He continued to shill for his brother on the news and never mentioned his role to the audience, An ethical news organization would fire him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 4, 2021 1:34 AM

They can get rid of Chris Cuomo and move Brianna Keilar to that slot. That would be great.

by Anonymousreply 312August 4, 2021 2:52 AM

Nicolle didn’t guest host TRMS. She did her own show. Why pretend?

by Anonymousreply 313August 4, 2021 5:13 AM

[quote] I am starting to get over Rachel. Go Nicole!

Rachel's been working 50 weeks a year for decades. She can get two weeks once in a while.

Hoping she's not sick / injured or something

by Anonymousreply 314August 4, 2021 5:18 AM

[quote] Rachel's been working 50 weeks a year for decades

Pffft! She takes more time off than a grade school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 315August 4, 2021 5:24 AM

Lemire looks like his mommy rubbed Vicks Vapor on his upper lip. Or maybe he just came from the morgue.

by Anonymousreply 316August 4, 2021 11:27 AM

ChrisHayestalksincrediblyfast, right?, but then s l o w s d o w n, right? just like R309 noticed, right? Chris Hayes, gibbers away, like, he's on speed, but it's, like, he's just SOOOO totally, like, into the, like, politics of the day, right?

by Anonymousreply 317August 4, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] I am starting to get over Rachel. Go Nicole!

R308, Rachel's hair is much better than Nicolle's.

by Anonymousreply 318August 4, 2021 1:10 PM

No coincidence that MSNBC had ratings-draw Nicolle Wallace cover for the vacationing Rachel Maddow in last night's 9:00 time slot against Chris Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 319August 4, 2021 2:14 PM

It would be sweet if one day in the future Rachel reads the court documents of this case.

[quote]California Republican Congressman Devin Nunes sued NBCUniversal Media alleging that MSNBC’s liberal talk show host Rachel Maddow defamed him with on-air suggestions he’d conspired with a Russian agent to rig the 2016 presidential election for Donald Trump.

[quote]Nunes specifically complained about statements Maddow made during her March 18 cable-TV show -- and repeated on YouTube, Twitter and her blog -- that he refused to give the FBI a package he’d received from a suspected Russian agent, according to the complaint filed by the congressman Tuesday in federal court in Sherman, Texas.

[quote]Instead, Nunes claims, MSNBC and Maddow knew prior to that broadcast that Nunes had told other reporters he voluntarily gave the FBI a package the suspected agent sent to him through the congressional committee. He said the fact Maddow didn’t ask him for comment before publishing the false statements is proof of actual malice.

[quote]“MSNBC and Maddow harbor an institutional hostility, hatred, extreme bias, spite and ill-will towards plaintiff due to plaintiff’s emergence as the most prominent skeptic in Congress of Maddow’s marquee news narrative from 2017 to 2019: that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to hack the 2016 presidential elections,” Nunes’ lawyers said in the complaint.

[quote]Nunes is asking for a jury to determine unspecified damages for “insult, pain, embarrassment, humiliation, mental suffering and injury to his reputation.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320August 4, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote] Rachel's hair is much better than Nicolle's

It's a wig.

by Anonymousreply 321August 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Why are you guys so mean to Jonathan Lemire?

He's cute. I like him.

by Anonymousreply 322August 4, 2021 3:23 PM

He has that odd Elvis smirky-smile that is off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 323August 4, 2021 3:33 PM

He can’t read the teleprompter

by Anonymousreply 324August 4, 2021 5:20 PM

R321, whether or not Rachel Maddow wears a wig, her hair looks 1,000 better than Nicolle Wallace's hair. And wigs do not necessarily always look great, as your own collection amply demonstrates every night.

by Anonymousreply 325August 4, 2021 6:14 PM

He smacks his lips for emphasis at the end of his sentences.

by Anonymousreply 326August 4, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote] Why are you guys so mean to Jonathan Lemire?

He's trying. I listen to a recording of WTE & MJ through headphones while I'm doing other shit. The audio by itself heightens just how weird his teleprompter reading is. Every conjunction and preposition gets emphasis, and then just hangs there for a second. It's comical. He may get better over time.

by Anonymousreply 327August 4, 2021 9:04 PM

MSNBC contributor and former Congresswoman Donna Edwards was talking about voter restrictions a few days ago and she said something to the effect of "I don't think that with MS and the cane I need to walk I could stand in line for a long time to vote"

I did not know she had MS or that she now used a cane.

by Anonymousreply 328August 4, 2021 9:41 PM

Weekends on MSNBC: Joshua Johnson and Alicia Menedez are like watching paint dry. Why are they on the air?

I love Alex Witt!

by Anonymousreply 329August 4, 2021 9:50 PM

True, R328, though I seem to recall some mention of her being ill before the pandemic.

Paul Butler is another one; his speech began diminishing a couple of years ago -- a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 330August 4, 2021 9:51 PM

Ari Melber is going gray before our eyes. He needs to shave. His Grindr daddy face needs to be groomed.

by Anonymousreply 331August 4, 2021 9:53 PM

Are Rachel Maddow and Joy-Ann Reid on holiday together? Hmm, I wonder where they went. Looking forward to the pictures.

by Anonymousreply 332August 4, 2021 9:56 PM

You forgot the /s (for sarcasm), R332.

by Anonymousreply 333August 4, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote] Ari Melber is going gray before our eyes. He needs to shave. His Grindr daddy face needs to be groomed.

To hell with that, R331!!!

I'll take gray ZADDY Ari with a beard, all day long.

And he can fuck me hard while reciting RAP lyrics to me!

by Anonymousreply 334August 4, 2021 10:03 PM

Alex Witt is fascinating to me.

The awful hair.

The fact that she formed a rock band with 3 Westchester fraus.

The fact that she borrowed $65k from a friend to buy a Porsche and go to Spain and then got sued by that friend for not paying her back.

The fact that she’s outlasted pretty much everyone else on MSNBC despite her mediocre performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 4, 2021 10:05 PM

Jonathan Lemire is a print reporter. He has a full-time gig with the AP. He probably never asked to anchor "Way Too Early" but was talked/forced into it by MSNBC. Why should we expect him to be great at reading the prompter? And why does MSNBC insist on taking people with zero broadcast news experience and turning them into TV news anchors/hosts? Isn't there someone from NBC News or an NBC affiliate station who could do fill-in work when they're short-handed?

by Anonymousreply 336August 4, 2021 10:08 PM

They want good looking people on television, R336.

by Anonymousreply 337August 4, 2021 10:09 PM

Chris Hayes is so fine and muscular. His hair is so pompadour-ian.

by Anonymousreply 338August 4, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote] The fact that she borrowed $65k from a friend to buy a Porsche and go to Spain and then got sued by that friend for not paying her back.

Who lends people money for such purposes expecting to be repaid?

by Anonymousreply 339August 4, 2021 10:17 PM

I think someone was meant to reply "Hi Jonathan = R336". So that 3 others could vote for the post because if's so very funny. and original.

by Anonymousreply 340August 4, 2021 10:20 PM

Joy and Tiff Cross are on vacay together-she blasted it all over twitter.

by Anonymousreply 341August 4, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] Alex Witt is fascinating to me.

LOL. She is, indeed, fascinating. She's been anchoring at MSNBC since 1999 and has done absolutely nothing noteworthy during those 22 years.

by Anonymousreply 342August 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Chris Hayes is shrill and hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 343August 4, 2021 10:30 PM

R335. I beg your pardon! Alex Witt is not mediocre. She's fabulous, and her delivery and interviewing skills are superb. I love her hair when she gets a blowout.

And after two hours of helium-sounding Tiffany Cross on Saturday and two hours of misty-eyed Jonathan Capehart talking about his nana and husband on Sunday, Witt is music to my ears.

by Anonymousreply 344August 4, 2021 10:31 PM

Will someone please back me up?! Joshua Johnson and Alicia Menendez are terrible boring and painful.

by Anonymousreply 345August 4, 2021 10:33 PM

R342. Re: Alex Witt and her hair. No one else probably wants to work on weekend mornings for 22 years. I love Alex Witt--I really do, but she probably has it written into her contract..."I'll do it, but I'm out of there at noon. I've got band practice at 2 and cocktails at 4. I'm not doing any field reporting, no "man-on-the-street" interviews and I fill-in for no one. Are we good?"

Have a hairdresser when I arrive, and gas up the Porsche by noon. See ya!

by Anonymousreply 346August 4, 2021 10:41 PM

Cut one of Ali Velshi's 200 shows and give John Fugelsang his own show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347August 4, 2021 10:49 PM

I like John Fugelsang but MSNBC giving him a show would just give FOX a gift, so many jokes to tell viewers about MSNBC finally admitting they are all comedy. Surely there are people out there with a news background to give a show to. At least if they went with Al Franken he could give the comedy and the gravatus of a Senator.

by Anonymousreply 348August 4, 2021 11:01 PM

Plus Snoring Joe is also going gray...

by Anonymousreply 349August 4, 2021 11:05 PM

[quote] Joy and Tiff Cross are on vacay together-she blasted it all over twitter.

Are they snacking on each others' snatches?

by Anonymousreply 350August 4, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote] I love Alex Witt--I really do, but she probably has it written into her contract..."I'll do it, but I'm out of there at noon. I've got band practice at 2 and cocktails at 4.

"Please leave a message after the tone."

"Alex, it's MSNBC. ... Answer the phone! I know you're there! ... I know your contract says you only work weekends, but we're desperate. Could you please anchor for a couple hours in the afternoon next Tuesday? Everyone's on vacation, and we're desperate. If you won't do it, we're going to have to fly in Joyce Vance from Alabama and teach her how to be an anchor. That's how desperate we are. ... GODDAMN IT, ALEX. ANSWER THE PHONE!"

by Anonymousreply 351August 4, 2021 11:57 PM

I need to know more about Claire's ugly log cabin.

by Anonymousreply 352August 5, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] I need to know more about Claire's ugly log cabin.

It's her Summer retreat.

by Anonymousreply 353August 5, 2021 12:21 AM

Who could retreat in that ugly hole? I guess the cake of the day would be a log roll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 5, 2021 9:18 AM

Claire and her Bûche d'été !

by Anonymousreply 355August 5, 2021 1:48 PM

So who's actually working this week?

by Anonymousreply 356August 5, 2021 5:50 PM

Jason Johnson is on DeadLine White House and for him he is very subdued. Don't know if MSNBC drugged him, or he just took a chill pill on his own, but he is so much calmer today.

by Anonymousreply 357August 5, 2021 8:26 PM

Does Jen Psaki still do a daily WH briefing and Q&A? And if so, at what time? Does MSNBC always pause for them and tune in?

The later programs don't ever seem to feature segments from those press conferences any more.

by Anonymousreply 358August 5, 2021 8:29 PM

R357, maybe Johnson got laid -- maybe it's been a long time and that's why he's usually so angry.

by Anonymousreply 359August 5, 2021 8:37 PM

Jason Johnson’s facial hair doesn’t look good. He’d look much better clean-shaven.

by Anonymousreply 360August 5, 2021 8:41 PM

Jen Psaki does a briefing just about every day. Sometimes Karine Jean-Pierre fills in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 5, 2021 8:43 PM

I can't help it but every time someone introduces Morgan Chesky I automatically think of 70's sexploitation star Chesty Morgan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362August 5, 2021 9:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 5, 2021 9:47 PM

someone introduces Morgan Chesky I automatically think of 70's sexploitation star Chesty Morgan.

I've been doing that too. Don't know if she was serious but Sandra Bernhard once spoke seeing Chesty appearing in a club coming on stage with two midgets each supporting one of her boobs on a silver tray

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364August 5, 2021 9:54 PM

Oh, Joy's back. And she's got a new awful hairdid.

by Anonymousreply 365August 5, 2021 11:06 PM

Holy shit! Joy Reid is on fire over the hypocrisy towards Cuomo! Good for her, reading them all! And her guests don't get it, still damning Gov. Cuomo.

I am one of her most stringent critics, but tonight I have to give the devil her due. Here's to you, Ms. Reid.

by Anonymousreply 366August 5, 2021 11:14 PM

She is on fire. She called the conservatives bastards.

by Anonymousreply 367August 5, 2021 11:16 PM

What else did she say? Damn, I wish I had DVR’d it.

by Anonymousreply 368August 5, 2021 11:40 PM

Good for Joy.

Democrats are usually such cowards, when it comes to defending each other.

It's about time we back other Democrats, the way that Republicans always do.

NO MATTER WHAT.

by Anonymousreply 369August 5, 2021 11:44 PM

R368: If it's not loaded to YouTube later, I will try to transcribe and post it here. That high school shorthand comes in handy all these many years later.

by Anonymousreply 370August 5, 2021 11:47 PM

R362, you can't be a gay man if the introduction of Morgan Chesky makes you think of a big busted woman, if you are turn in your gay card immediately, you failed.

by Anonymousreply 371August 5, 2021 11:58 PM

Apparently this thread has been paywalled, someone started a new one also named Part 27 and asked for a link to be posted here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 6, 2021 12:18 AM

Should have been Part 27A

Even George Foreman change their middle names to keep them straight.

by Anonymousreply 373August 6, 2021 12:35 AM

OMG

That low-cut top is terrible on the woman commenting on the Cuomo segment.

by Anonymousreply 374August 6, 2021 12:57 AM

Rina Shah is her name.

by Anonymousreply 375August 6, 2021 12:59 AM

Here's a link to MSNBC Part 28, to avoid any further confusion.

Btw, this thread is paywalled already, so people are migrating elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 6, 2021 1:01 AM

[quote]you can't be a gay man if the introduction of Morgan Chesky makes you think of a big busted woman, if you are turn in your gay card immediately, you failed.

What's wrong with you? Mommy issues? It's the names, you fool. I love movies, great movies, bad movies Roadshow to Grindhouse. and I'm fully aware of 70's sexploitation films. Sorry Mary, boobs don't send into a case of the vapors. You can retire to your fainting couch now.

by Anonymousreply 377August 6, 2021 2:10 AM

Guad Venegas is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 378August 6, 2021 3:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!