Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New False Teeth.

I just got dentures. They are driving me crazy. I can hardly speak, S's are impossible and they hurt.

I assume some of you whores have had them done. Any advice for getting used to them, talking, eating , not wanting to take them out CONSTANTLY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 6, 2021 11:32 PM

Is it too late to go with implants, OP? Old school dentures are an absolute misery from what I have heard. I understand it's kind of a last resort if you don't have enough bone left for them to anchor the implants.

Sorry you are going through this.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2021 8:54 PM

Have you considered enrolling in the Florence Henderson School of Oral Prosthetic Enunciation?

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2021 9:06 PM

I'd go back to the dentist for a follow-up, OP, tell them you're having some problems, see what they suggest.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2021 9:07 PM

I’m going through the same thing OP. Got them a month ago and I hate them. I can’t stop slurring because of the fucking plate on the roof of my mouth. I’ve started leaving them out when I’m home alone. Dentist keeps telling me I’ll adjust but I don’t see that happening. You are not alone.

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2021 9:07 PM

How old are you people? I'm 56 no dentures. Oh sure I've had a couple root canal procedures. But that's the extent.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2021 9:11 PM

You're not alone op, 38% of adults over the age of 50 are dealing with dentures...hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2021 9:15 PM

Dentures are the culmination of a lifetime of neglect of the teeth and gums. You got exactly what you deserved. I am a hygienist, and I truly hope most of my former patients' teeth fall out and flop around on the floor like dying fish. It is not too hard to brush effectively for 4 minutes in the morning and again for 4 minutes in the evening........to floss effectively under the gumline between each and every tooth.....to use a quality fluoride toothpaste, and a quality antibacterial mouthwash........... Oh, but apparently it is.......with most of my patients relying on me to keep their teeth bright with one 45 minute clean every six months (or 12 months for the cheapies)........ Except for a few unfortunate young men with aids or other immune disorders, the above protocol will in 99% of cases prevent the need for dentures. Enjoy the pain and not being able to taste or enjoy any meal again...............

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2021 9:21 PM

r7, do 38% of people over 50 really have dentures? That sounds really high.

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2021 9:23 PM

I've had an upper denture for many years and yes you will get use to them, but only if you leave them in. When I first got it, I thought I was going to gag on my tongue, it didn't seem like there was enough room in my mouth for for the denture and my tongue. I use Fixodent to hold the upper plate in and it makes a world of difference to me, much better than other denture pastes, of course the dentists tell me I don't need it but to me it makes a world of difference. The denture paste gives a cushion and then you don't have to reply on just suction to hold the plate in.

[quote] How old are you people? I'm 56 no dentures.

Don't be so judgmental, some people are born with better teeth than others, some parents are more encouraging of good dental practices and some people get their front teeth knocked out like I did.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2021 9:24 PM

Can't people live a lifetime of properly brushing/flossing their teeth (along with routine visits to the dentist) to prevent this? In America?

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2021 9:24 PM

R7 You sounds like a miserable human. I spent 20 years going through painful and expensive procedures trying to save my teeth and finally threw in the towel and got dentures at 64. Have a little compassion you sadistic twat.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Dentures are the culmination of a lifetime of neglect of the teeth and gums. You got exactly what you deserved.

Fuck YOU R7, you are one fucking asshole, I hope you die a fucking painful death. It will be exactly what you deserved.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Dentures are the culmination of a lifetime of neglect of the teeth and gums. You got exactly what you deserved. I am a hygienist,

No, you're a stupid, fucking cunt. Now get out of here

Get out cunt

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2021 9:26 PM

And that nasty attitude is why some people avoid going to the dentist for years r7. Who wants to be scolded, ridiculed and shamed for like that.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2021 9:29 PM

enjoy the pain.........enjoy not being able to taste or enjoy food again........enjoy the bones of your face caving in (the facial bones use the tooth root as a structural element for support.....you just removed them).......

signed r7

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2021 9:29 PM

Well, they do say dentistry attracts sadistic people.

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2021 9:31 PM

while R7 might be a nasty cunt, she's mostly right... ;)

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2021 9:32 PM

I am a "he." I am totally right.

R7

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2021 9:36 PM

Sheesh, r7. Just say what you [italic]really[/italic] mean.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2021 9:36 PM

I know folks joke about this but...

Can one learn to give a decent blow job with your dentures in?

Does the person receiving the blow job from an experienced guy with dentures "feel" any difference.

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2021 9:37 PM

if you had dentures why would you want them in while giving head -- unless your trick doesn't know it?

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2021 9:40 PM

My grandma's dentures clicked and she sometimes whistled through them. I remember it fondly.

My mother has spent my entire inheritance on keeping her teeth.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2021 9:45 PM

R7. Do you enjoy making a living smelling nasty breath from decaying teeth. Couldn’t you work for the post office or something equally worthy of your cunt attitude?

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2021 9:47 PM

OP, you should avoid the pharmacy at Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2021 9:51 PM

r23, yes I could, but I did not........

R7

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2021 9:54 PM

r7, I think you hurt OP's fillings.

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2021 9:57 PM

r26......I was totally trying to........

r7

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2021 10:00 PM

They constantly advertise ClearChoice, the dental implant chain.

Is something like that a viable alternative?

by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2021 10:01 PM

Implants are super-expensive and you have to have good underlying bone for them to work. And they only last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2021 10:03 PM

OP, how many teeth are your dentures replacing?

Do you have a denture with discreet metal clips?

Or the ones with pink plastic for the roof of your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2021 10:03 PM

The tooth trolls here need to realize that some people have dentures because they grew up with tricky dental problems in dire places with no decent oral surgeon. Hell, I know people under 60 who grew up without painless dentistry.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2021 10:15 PM

The words "painless dentistry" sounds like an advertising slogan to me.

No dentist can guarantee their handiwork will be painless.

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2021 10:18 PM

I mean he didn't get novocaine!

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2021 10:18 PM

When I had my wisdom teeth out, the combination of laughing has and general anesthesia made me want to do it all over again.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2021 10:20 PM

has = gas

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2021 10:20 PM

OP Here Love you R7 am finding eating and taste is no different, you will be glad to here.

R30 All the teeth gone. No implants, all the pink stuff.

Thanks for all the replies, even R7. I knew you lot would know. X

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2021 10:25 PM

I know two women around my age (early 60s) who grew up in rural areas who said they didn't even have toothbrushes growing up. They never had toothbrushes until they grew up and left home.

So as my mother would say, if you grew up in a household where your parents made sure you had proper dental care, you should shut up and be glad.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2021 10:26 PM

R7. Do your other hobbies include telling smokers they deserve to die from lung cancer?

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2021 10:26 PM

You are supposed to be wearing a mask, so why do you care? Take them out.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2021 10:28 PM

I'm one of the rare folks who actually loves going to the dentist. I've had a few cavities in my life but only starting when I was an adult. I had two root canals and those two eventually needed to be pulled. I opted for implants because I do not want to deal with dentures when I get older. One of the implants went swimingly, the other not so much. I ended up with dry socket when it was "healing" with the stem in and I was in the worst pain of my life for days before they brought me back in, removed the little stem thing and had to redo the bone graft. Then, a few months later, the little stem thing started wiggling and it fell out into my hand on Xmas eve. Had to go back AGAIN and they had to redo the fucking procedure again because the little stem should not have been put in by the idiot dentist. I was so fucking pissed. The whole ordeal lasted a year and cost me over 10 grand...but I would do it all over again because implants are really awesome.

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2021 10:29 PM

R39 We don't have to wear masks where I am.

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2021 10:30 PM

Full uppers, partial lower here. It took me a few weeks to speak without lisping. If you are feeling any pain, notice any skin on your gums sloughing off, call your dentist. The mouth needs to adjust, but that doesn't mean you should put up with pain and discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2021 10:30 PM

I have a bipolar family member that has horrible teeth and is going to need dentures soon. He refused to take care of his teeth growing up and my parents spent thousands on braces, root canals, and extractions for him. My parents did care, but his mental illness just made it to where he just didn't care about hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2021 10:31 PM

R40 You're sending mixed messages in your post.

You don't regret losing $10,000?

by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2021 10:32 PM

Furious hygienist R7, let's hope your "reap what you sow" attitude toward your patients pays you back four-fold for being a cunt.

But your a dental hygienist, so we had a pretty good idea already

by Anonymousreply 45July 18, 2021 10:34 PM

*you're

by Anonymousreply 46July 18, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote] OP Here Love you [R7] am finding eating and taste is no different, you will be glad to here.

by Anonymousreply 47July 18, 2021 10:36 PM

Nope. Because the implants, now that they are in and my issues have gone, are awesome. I can't even tell they are there until I am flossing as you have to floss under the implant.

I didn't lose 10 grand. Each implant cost $3500 and then in the course of getting them, there was another issue with an old crown that needed to be replaced on a different tooth. So I paid the money off with no interest with Care Credit. It didn't take too long as I had a lot of money in my savings. But I would absolutely pay to get more implants if I ever need them.

by Anonymousreply 48July 18, 2021 10:37 PM

^ here here

by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2021 10:37 PM

I don't know R7. I brushed 2 times a day as they taught me, flossed and I still got 10 cavities in my molars. I have to have 2 removed plus wisdom teeth. It's not all about hygiene because I sure was careful.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Not everyone can afford implants either. Looks like dentistry is another one where the class warfare rubber meets the road.

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2021 10:41 PM

R7 In what city do you see such patients in the 2020's?: "young men with AIDS"

by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2021 10:50 PM

Can't wait until the Hygienist from Hell gets colon cancer and we can sneer because she/he/it was too lazy to incorporate fiber in her diet. Or maybe a stroke because she's so furious and vengeful...a heart attack might be on the books too for the same reason. Perhaps more likely he/it will be so enraged at his servile job cleaning the mouths of the incompetent brushers he will kill himself? One can hope.

by Anonymousreply 53July 18, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] They constantly advertise ClearChoice, the dental implant chain. Is something like that a viable alternative?

Got $40,000.00? And why couldn't you taste with dentures? Your taste buds are in your tongue not you teeth

by Anonymousreply 54July 18, 2021 11:22 PM

R54 Exactly. Think it was just R7 continuing his charm offensive.

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2021 11:25 PM

ClearChoice dental implants are basically permanent dentures. I was told if you have healthy gums don't go with ClearChoice as they file down your gums. I have dental implant bridges. I did need a bone graft in two areas in order to have the dental implant. By the way, ClearChoice is $52,000+. They are still tweaking my bridges, but for the most part you don't realize they are not your own teeth. I went with a company that only charged $28,000 for 6 dental implant bridges. Implants can last longer than the 10 years someone posted upthread. While I was waiting for the implants to heal I had dentures. Absolutely hated them.

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2021 11:44 PM

R6 I can't find anything that backs up your claim.

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2021 11:52 PM

I have a full upper denture bolted to my jaw. It feels fine, but it was expensive ($26k) and it wasn't even the most expensive option. The upper denture is made of acetate, like removable dentures, and has a lifetime of less than 10 years. It's been seven years now, and some of the 'teeth' have started to chip off and require repairs. Other than that, they feel 'natural'. However, the food that gets stuck in that gap between the denture and the gums stinks terribly, even after I brush and then floss and then Water Pik.

As for r7 FU. I was born with a cleft palate into a family that didn't have money for good dental care, and then I grew up in the Middle East where there wasn't fluoride in the water.

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2021 11:54 PM

No one has answered my question about dentures and a blow job. Surely someone on DL has given/received a blow job where dentures were involved.

And R21, I assume most folks with dentures would NOT want to tell someone about them during an intimate moment...

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2021 11:55 PM

I did find this Reddit thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2021 12:01 AM

The problem R60 is that you don't feel the pressure of your dentures like you would your natural teeth since they are not attached to nerves.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2021 12:05 AM

Many, many DLers have dentures.

However, they keep them on their kitchen table with the rest of their junk because meth-heads' gums keep shrinking and they can't get them in their mouths to bitch about them like you are, OP.

So go crank it up and flip some chicken.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2021 12:13 AM

R11 sorry for what you're going through. I wish you weren't.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2021 12:15 AM

When I went to Costa Rica for root canals and crowns and partials (I avoided dentures by the skin of my teeth lol) I got to talking with another medical tourist in the hotel who was there for implants. He had gotten dentures in the states and couldn't stand them. He looked to be in his early seventies and was halfway through the procedure. He showed me his mouth, unbidden. Anyway, if you can't afford implants in the U.S. there are options. I've had dental drama my entire life and it's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2021 1:16 AM

R64 If you can: How did it work out for you? Successful? Cost?

And how much would it have cost in the US?

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2021 1:20 AM

R59 OP here. I had a blowjob decades ago from a guy with no teeth...it had great depth, for a blowjob. And i presume if one enjoys fucking a face, it gives greater freedom as no teeth to catch on.

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2021 1:30 AM

If you're poor, dental care is a luxury. It should not be. Affordable medical care, including dental care, should be givens in our postindustrial society.

Fat chance that'll happen.

BTW: a gummy blowjob free is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2021 2:20 AM

^ delete free

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2021 2:22 AM

Advertsie you have no teefs and charge 100 bucks for a bj you will be rich in no time.

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2021 2:24 AM

They're called gummers. Leave your teeth out and you'll become a legend at your local adult bookstore gloryholes. I have perfect teeth and I would love to have to get dentures one day soully for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2021 2:30 AM

Ive got 2 implants and I loathe them. In fact,my upper partial that hooks to one just broke yet again and Im shopping for a new dentist .This is the 7th time in 3 years . Ive had partials since I was 40 (smoker) and they never bothered me until I got those fucking implants 3 years ago. Since then,theyve bothered me constantly. I spent a goddamn fortune for this set of dentures and it totally pisses me off that my last set lasted 12 years and these cost 3 times as much and havent lasted at all well.

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2021 3:00 AM

I'm confused R71. You said you have implants and dentures. One doesn't usually combine the two.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2021 3:19 AM

Right now I’m wearing a temporary partial upper. The dentist put in 2 implants and when I get my new partial denture in 6 mos it will hook onto the implants. I also have the option of getting a bridge that can be cemented to the implants. Total cost: $10,000. It will cost $15,000 if I go with the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2021 3:23 AM

I'd rather wear a partial and buy a car with that kind of money.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2021 3:24 AM

[quote] I can't find anything that backs up your claim.

You wouldn't. People don't discuss their failings with census-takers.

Just like we didn't discuss our sex life with census-takers in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2021 3:35 AM

I don't like discussing my sex life with census-takers in the 2020s.

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2021 4:27 AM

What an idiot response R75. If you are going to give statistics cite your source.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2021 4:46 AM

OP You need to stick with it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2021 4:50 AM

r7 reminds me of my partner who, by the time I met him, had developed a lifetime of bad oral hygiene habits. Some of this was because he was raised by wolves, sometimes I think that must be literal in his case, he simply has no idea how the basics of the world work sometimes even in his 50s. He was in his 30s when I met him and he wouldn't brush all day sometimes. I didn't think we would stay together because I'd avoid him for days on end and tell him why: his teeth were slimy and he had bad breath.

He has been doing really well with his teeth for a long time, but those first decades of not caring for his teeth are starting to come back to haunt him. His gums have receded and his bad breath has returned, even though the dentist says he has no cavities.

He goes back to the dentist in six months and I'm preparing for the worst.

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2021 4:55 AM

I lost most of my front teeth after a very bad car accident. I just dreaded the thought of dentures so decided to get implants. I couldn't afford them in the USA so crossed the border from Yuma Arizona and had them done in what is called Molar City. 13 years later and I have no problems with them.

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2021 4:59 AM

r64 Where in Costa Rica and how much did it cost you?

by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2021 5:17 AM

People go to Mexico for the procedure R81. I've heard good and bad.

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2021 5:36 AM

When I retire I'll need my small nest egg. I can't spend 50k on teeth! WTH! This is an depressing thread. I wish you all good luck and the best resolution possible to serious dental issues.

Do Biden Harris ever speak about that? Dental costs?

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2021 5:45 AM

Taking my teeth out at night is very depressing. I’m sure I’ll get used to it but it makes me feel 90 years old (I’m 64).

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2021 5:54 AM

Why pin this on Biden/Harris R83?

by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2021 5:57 AM

R85 Biden is 78 years old but his teeth are about ten years old.

I don't know about Kamala's choppers.

by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2021 6:02 AM

My poor grandmother had ALL her teeth pulled and got dentures at 16 YEARS OLD!!!

Can you imagine how awful?

by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2021 6:04 AM

I knew a woman that got dentures in her 30's, which was around 1955. Can't imagine what dentures were like than. It is unfortunate how little dental is covered in our health insurance, when it can cause major problems.

by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2021 6:31 AM

When I saw how bad my mom’s teeth as she got older- were I started taking good care of mine. If you have difficulty flossing, get a reach flossed stick with the replaceable head. I spent a whole year- almost every Monday- going to the Tufts Dental school in downtown NYC when I lived I nearby and saved thousands. What contributes greatly to quality that you cannot really change is how much attention your parents spent on your teeth and water quality and nutrition growing up- these two reasons are major contributors.

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2021 8:38 AM

OP, my mother is going through this process right now. This is the second time she's done it in my lifetime, and from her experiences all I can say is, once you've identified any problems with the fit (a sharp corner that rubs a sore, slippage, etc), don't be afraid to go back to the dentist as many times as you have to to get all of the kinks worked out, because the alternative is not worth it. If your dentist gives you shit about wanting the best fit possible or dismisses your concerns, find another dentist. Don't be passive about any issues, because you're the one who will suffer in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2021 9:00 AM

Sheesh I don't pin this on Biiden. But since he's creating a "socialist" safety net it might be nice if they threw some cash and legislation at dental care! In other rich countries you can get some of it on a national plan.

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2021 9:12 AM

I have a an upper partial plate that fills in where three teeth are missing. It looks just fine and feels natural, looks natural. Cost $800 The 6 front teeth are mine and very straight and you really cannot tell there is a bridge.

This my second denture - I wore the other one out.

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote] I wore the other one out.

How long do they last?

It seems implants last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2021 10:08 AM

Does anyone else just think it would be best if R7 shot themselves in the face?

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2021 10:18 AM

Do your new teeth look nice OP?

by Anonymousreply 95July 19, 2021 10:46 AM

Well. I am a Dentist (retired), and R7 is pretty much correct on all her points.

by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2021 10:55 AM

R95 Yes, they do. They look fabulous.

But when I talk I sound like a retarded 16 year old stripper.

R96 But some how us have lives. And shit happens. And then we change. So, whilst his comments may be full of truth, they may not take into account the life people live.

But at least we are not dental hygienists like that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97July 19, 2021 11:34 AM

I can't believe someone on here is posting about their false teeth. There are some things that you need to keep to yourself. What happened to a little bit of mystery?

by Anonymousreply 98July 19, 2021 11:36 AM

^ New here, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 99July 19, 2021 11:40 AM

My older brother had to have an upper plate installed after a horrible car accident that knocked out many of his teeth. The day the pulled the remainder of his upper teeth they slapped that denture in right then and told him not to remove it for several days as the gums needed to form to the shape of the plate while healing. The day he took that thing out the first time was a horror. It took him a few weeks but he did finally get used to the thing and had no more problems with it.

I'm 68 and luckily I still have very good teeth. But, if the day comes I need new ones I'll go with implants. A friend has the kind of dentures that attach to magnets imbedded into the jaw bone and there is no plate that covers the roof of the mouth at all. He loves them.

by Anonymousreply 100July 19, 2021 11:50 AM

R100 Did your brother end up talking OK?

Magnets have come up a few times now, and also having plates that cover only certain areas. EEEk, I look fine, but sound like a fucking mongol.

by Anonymousreply 101July 19, 2021 11:58 AM

I never detected any change in his speech R101. I know he was miserable for a while at the beginning being unable to remove the things while his gums healed. And they had him on strong pain killers. I've heard it's best to allow 30 days for the gums to completely heal and take their new shape if you have to have multiple teeth pulled prior to being fitted for dentures. You just have to be willing to walk around for a while looking looking like a toothless goomer.

I remember when I had a crown installed 40 years ago. Just one tooth and it felt like I had a boulder in my mouth for about a week. I can't imagine what a whole set of dentures would feel like, but I'm sure it's a very strange feeling to have something completely foreign stuck into your mouth. But don't worry, if they were properly made and fit correctly you'll get used to them eventually. I've never met anyone who had dentures who didn't go through an adjustment period.

by Anonymousreply 102July 19, 2021 12:10 PM

What saves this from being a completely wretched experience is they look amazing. And they’re made of plastic! Dentist said they should last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 103July 19, 2021 12:12 PM

I've heard the plates that are only a rim around the old tooth line (no magnets) are really bad because they have so little to hang onto. I think those are the cheapest dentures one can buy.

by Anonymousreply 104July 19, 2021 12:15 PM

This thread has over 100 posts. How are we going to attract a young and sexy demo with false teeth threads?

by Anonymousreply 105July 19, 2021 12:31 PM

Well you’re here, r105. You’re sexy.

by Anonymousreply 106July 19, 2021 12:49 PM

R96, I’d hate to see your bedside manner.

There’s a difference between being correct and being a miserable cunt about it.

If someone were to be diagnosed with diabetes, do you think the doctor would be correct in saying, “It’s your fault, you fat fuck. You ate all that sugar, so it serves you right!”

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 107July 19, 2021 12:50 PM

[quote] soully for that reason.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 108July 19, 2021 12:51 PM

R10

Sometimes it's genetics. My aunt has an upper plate explaining that her teeth "dissolved as though made of chalk."

by Anonymousreply 109July 19, 2021 12:52 PM

Who left the door open and let r1 in here?

Honey, you’re too sweet for Datalounge. After reading your post I had to check the url to make sure I was in the right place.

Guys, once again we ask please close the door behind you. We can’t be letting nice folk all up in here.

by Anonymousreply 110July 19, 2021 12:52 PM

r107 I would bet you never have seen the bedside manner of any Dentist.

Signed, r96

by Anonymousreply 111July 19, 2021 12:56 PM

52 and I’ve never had a cavity

by Anonymousreply 112July 19, 2021 1:06 PM

Really glad to hear they look great OP! That's a bit of good news and how cool is that!

I did a bit of research and apparently it will take a couple of weeks for you to speak again normally. Your mouth is a different shape and you have to practice your speech to get the "slush" sound gone and produce the ssssss sound correctly. One site suggested reading a book out loud and listening carefully to yourself and trying over and over until your get the right shape of mouth/teeth to produce the sss sound. As others have said - don't be afraid to go back to the dentist as many times as it is needed to get everything fitted properly. That should be included in the cost right? I have a dentist friend who tells his patients not to take the temp bridges out for 3 - 5 days at the beginning after the teeth are removed so that the gums can begin to reform to the shape of the bridge so that is probably the case with the new teeth.

LOL @ R110. I thought the same thing when I read R1's post. "Is it too late to go with implants, OP?" Um. Yes - OP's teeth are all gone sweetie.

Incidentally - all dental hygienists are nasty cunts exactly like R7. It's part of the job requirement. They are always that vocal too.

by Anonymousreply 113July 19, 2021 1:06 PM

We may have ruled 1/6th of the world but we had rotten teeth.

by Anonymousreply 114July 19, 2021 1:10 PM

Leaving all else aside, R111, dentists are indeed professionals in the traditional and stricter meaning of that word, but they, like physicians, lawyers, professors, architects, engineers, etc. do not rank an uppercase treatment. You're just a "dentist."

by Anonymousreply 115July 19, 2021 1:13 PM

I wish I could’ve helped you, OP, but I washed out.

by Anonymousreply 116July 19, 2021 1:16 PM

Both the dentist and the dental hygienist posting in this thread are complete assholes and seem to be completely oblivious to the fact because they are so far up their own asses.

by Anonymousreply 117July 19, 2021 1:18 PM

There is no comma R108. If you are going to correct people you can at least get your fucking comment correct.

by Anonymousreply 118July 19, 2021 1:26 PM

I hope R7's hospice nurse refuses his every request.

by Anonymousreply 119July 19, 2021 1:29 PM

r118, with interjections there is always a comma

by Anonymousreply 120July 19, 2021 1:30 PM

Dental implants should last 20 years or more. They say a bridge should last 5-15 years and yet mine last over 35 years. The only reason I don't have it now is I went with implants.

by Anonymousreply 121July 19, 2021 1:31 PM

Babe Paley had dentures, even as a very young woman.

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2021 1:31 PM

There is no comma R120.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2021 1:32 PM

40K for impants? ARE YOU KIDDING? Try 100K-150K, and insurance doesn't pay a dime.

by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2021 1:33 PM

$150K R124?

That's seriously ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2021 1:35 PM

The only way it would cost that much R124 is if you do every tooth.

by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2021 1:38 PM

To the posters who asked about Costa Rica, the cost i was quoted in the U.S. was around 28k. I paid 10K in CR. I had several root canals (a few of those were redone on previous root canals because the dentists in the U.S. were fucking incompetent--that's for you R7) and crowned the rest because I knew they were gonna go anyway. The root canal work was "beautiful" according to an oral surgeon here in the States. I knew she was good, but I lost her business card dammit. So I got about 3 root canals,10 crowns and 2 partials which are on the side and hook on to my teeth. I have enough front teeth where I don't have to wear the partials all the time if I'm just doing errands or around my family and don't smile like a goon. I got all this work in 2011 and I've had a few small cavities around the gumline since then which I had filled.

Though they have made advances in the technology, crowns are not ideal since NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BRUSH AND FLOSS R7 if they don't fit perfectly decay will get in there. My Costa Rican crowns lasted except for one which I knew was poorly fitted (trapped food particles) but I had to get on a plane.

Conclusion: The dentist I went to is retired but I would not hesitate to travel for medical procedures again. (Thailand is good too.). Give yourself enough time to fix anything that is not completely to your liking.

by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2021 1:39 PM

We have regular television ads here in God's Waiting Room featuring testimonials from denture clients on how their lives have changed entirely for the better!

by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2021 1:42 PM

You'll adjust to them. It takes time. Even with implants it can take some getting used to.

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2021 1:50 PM

Going to a foreign country for dental only is cost effective if you live very close, like the Mexican border. Places like Slovakia, Costa Rica and Thailand offer cheaper dentistry but you'll have to either live their or fly back and forth which negates any savings, unless you happen to be going for a vacation anyway.

It's funny how they replace a woman's breast which has not useful function, whilst not teeth which have a function.

by Anonymousreply 130July 19, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote] you'll have to either live their

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 131July 19, 2021 3:50 PM

The on;y reason it cost $2000 or more for one tooth replacement is pure greed. Insurance won't touch dental because of the outrageous cost. Washington should step in and regulate.

by Anonymousreply 132July 19, 2021 5:28 PM

r10 I had a lot of cavities as a teenager. I have been good about brushing and flossing ever since. Problem is that a cavity needs to be re-drilled and repaired every 5-10 years. And each time, more tooth is removed. So you can only do that about 3x before you then need a crown, assuming there's no need for an implant. So dental problems at any point early in life lead to lots of additional work later and each time, it gets more extreme.

by Anonymousreply 133July 19, 2021 5:49 PM

I had a lot of cavities as a kid R133 no matter how often I brushed and flossed. Not once did I need to have those teeth "re-drilled and repaired."

by Anonymousreply 134July 19, 2021 5:56 PM

R130 Obviously you factor in the price of travel. Why do you think medical tourism is a thing if people don't save money? As I said, Costa Rica cost 10K for the work. It was 2k for travel. I live in northern California. So that's 12k compared to 28k (which the dentist said was a low estimate, more like 30k depending on if I needed more root canals). Root canal in Costa Rica =$200, in U.S. = $1800.

I considered Thailand too and it wasn't much more. There is no way you won't save a shitload of money unless you travel like a king.

by Anonymousreply 135July 19, 2021 8:12 PM

I once read that the popularity of bottled water is having an affect because no one drinks tap water not just because of the taste but many people are avoiding flouride altogether and teeth are returning to pre WWII cavity levels

by Anonymousreply 136July 19, 2021 9:13 PM

One thing I got was good teeth.

Bad stomach, bad skin and bad nerves. But GOOD TEETH!

by Anonymousreply 137July 19, 2021 10:34 PM

I'm fairly sure Biden has All-on-Four teeth. No way those are his original teeth plus he sometimes lisps and whistles. They look great though. Unfortunately they cost about 50k in the USA. The Swiss invented them BTW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 19, 2021 10:54 PM

This photo is Joe Biden in 1968. The teeth are definitely different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 19, 2021 11:02 PM

Dont be ashamed of dentures, be like the denture lady be free. Check out her transformation though it's fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 19, 2021 11:32 PM

You bring up a good point R140 about people being ashamed of having dentures. It would be helpful for those that need dentures to have some celebrities admit they have dentures. I know that would never happen, but how else can people get away from the stigma of wearing dentures. Also would be nice if the cost of implants went down.

by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2021 11:43 PM

Those aren't dentures though. They're Four-on-One which cost a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2021 11:45 PM

R142 those are snap in dentures at R140's link.

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2021 11:54 PM

What they don't tell you about the All-on-four is you have to have them removed yearly for cleaning of your gums and the "denture." I have heard that can cost up to $1,000.

by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2021 11:58 PM

Hope is south of the border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 20, 2021 12:31 AM

Hope is south of the border.

Until you get a bad infection and die from Mexican dentistry

by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2021 3:00 AM

OP, when you your denshures shtart shlippin' 'n slidin' just pull out a flask and say "I really should cut down! Oh well!"

by Anonymousreply 147July 21, 2021 3:06 AM

Go fuck yourself R147. This mocking is outrageous and shows what a fucking asshole you are.

by Anonymousreply 148July 21, 2021 3:23 AM

Have you considered speaking in a different language?

by Anonymousreply 149July 21, 2021 3:43 AM

R47 = IQ low 80s at best and has never been funny.

by Anonymousreply 150July 21, 2021 3:49 AM

Excuse me. R147. That's the dreadfully unfunny troll.

by Anonymousreply 151July 21, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote] people being ashamed of having dentures.… how else can people get away from the stigma of wearing dentures.

You're right R141.

No one will admit to it. I think the stigma of having dentures is similar to the stigma against wearing glasses, or the stigma of wearing a hair piece or of having a surname like Ralph Lipschitz, Reginald Dwight, Robert Zimmerman or Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz.

by Anonymousreply 152July 21, 2021 3:52 AM

r147 -

Minus 1 point for not signing it with the correct name...

by Anonymousreply 153July 21, 2021 3:57 AM

I have implants in the top of my mouth. What really bothers me is that dentists & hygenists & even people who are not in the dental field but are looking at a CT of my chest ir necj that happens to show my upper jaw all ask me “Why do you have so many implants? What happened?”

Having asked my friends who have dentures, they NEVER get asked why. How come it’s subject to inquiry when someone has implants, but not when someone has dentures? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 154July 21, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote] ir necj

“Or neck”…….sorry, a rerun of Friends came on tv and it reminded me I kept seeing a guy who looked like Matthew Perry (the current, seedy version) today and I got distracted.

by Anonymousreply 155July 21, 2021 4:11 AM

Any DLers with snap-ins?

by Anonymousreply 156July 21, 2021 4:16 AM

Maybe becasue there were alternatives R154. Why do 12 or more implants when you can do implant supported bridges?

by Anonymousreply 157July 21, 2021 4:17 AM

I mean, how many people look like Matthew Perry? He’s seedy and drugged out, but he’s obviously rich. Its strange. You don’t see many gray, mangy people sitting smoking in Lowe’s parking lot in really expensive clothes. But I just looked at a 2020 picture of Perry and the guy I saw today wasn’t as fat & sloppy looking and had an expensive haircut.

by Anonymousreply 158July 21, 2021 4:18 AM

What they are not going to tell you. If you have healthy gums do not go with the All-on-four. You can get bone grafts to make up for your lose of bone. Most dentist today can do dental implants with bridges. It will look more naturally since you are keeping the gums and feel more naturally than dentures or all-on-four. It will also cost you approximately $20,000+ less than an all-on-four.

by Anonymousreply 159July 21, 2021 4:21 AM

^^ what? Not true that a mouth full of implants is less expensive.

by Anonymousreply 160July 21, 2021 4:27 AM

Learn to read R160. I said implants with bridges. You do know what a bridge is?

by Anonymousreply 161July 21, 2021 4:29 AM

Younger gays:

Are you reading this?

Floss and brush every evening!

by Anonymousreply 162July 21, 2021 4:30 AM

R161. Explain yourself. How many implants to do the upper teeth? All of them. All-on-four requires only four for the entire mouth.

by Anonymousreply 163July 21, 2021 4:37 AM

R162 You can't tell people to be sensible. They are too busy enjoying life.

I wish I knew what I know now.

by Anonymousreply 164July 21, 2021 4:37 AM

Your ignorance on this topic is noted R163. A bridge supported implant for full mouth requires 12 implants. All-on-four is an acrylic "denture" that is affixed to the jaw. An implant supported dental bridge will always look more natural than an all-on-four.

by Anonymousreply 165July 21, 2021 4:55 AM

Cunt at r165. Why would I know this information? You're the toothless wonder, not I.

by Anonymousreply 166July 21, 2021 5:03 AM

You're a fucking idiot R166.

by Anonymousreply 167July 21, 2021 5:06 AM

You're a fucking idiot R166. You are a brainless wonder.

by Anonymousreply 168July 21, 2021 5:10 AM

[quote] Why do 12 or more implants when you can do implant supported bridges?

Because they were done at different times over the years. You can’t put in a bridge if the teeth on either side of the one you are replacing are fine. And if a tooth needs to come out, you’re not going to pay to make a bridge when you’ve already paid to have the teeth on either side implanted already at a cost of thousands.

by Anonymousreply 169July 21, 2021 5:13 AM

Girls, girls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 21, 2021 5:14 AM

We are not talking about an individual tooth R169.

by Anonymousreply 171July 21, 2021 5:15 AM

Christ 12 implants provide a lot if pain and suffering when one can get the job done on 4.

by Anonymousreply 172July 21, 2021 5:18 AM

All of this sounds so horrifying to me. I have always had good teeth but recently had to have a root canal because I cracked a tooth without realizing it and the root got infected and abscessed. The dentist thinks it was due to clenching or grinding during the pandemic because there are some other teeth with signs of damage but not severe. I'm getting a mouth guard to wear at night. I want to avoid some of the horrors I read about on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 173July 21, 2021 5:54 AM

r172 The same thing happened to me this summer, I was just in today with the dentist to get fitted for a crown to go over the root-canal tooth. I was clenching so hard that I cracked my tooth and then it got infected, I clench very badly at night for some reason and it's really escalated with Covid. I got a night guard, it really is a must if you grind or clench.

by Anonymousreply 174July 21, 2021 6:10 AM

I had a great periodontist, but I moved and got a bad dentist. He said that I needed teeth pulled and dentures. The dentures that he made didn't fit my mouth at all and food would get stuck underneath the plate, sometimes nearly choking me. I called my old periodontist, and he said that my mouth is not shaped correctly for dentures. He said the dentist should have seen that and never tried to give me dentures.

The dentures were made by his son, who was not licensed as a dentist. He was a first-year dental student. They refused to return my money ( on top of my having to spend $30,000 to correct their mistake), so I spread the word around town about what that dentist and his son did to me, and put him out of business. It's a small town and word travels fast. That was the end of the son's (he was so arrogant and rude) dentistry career, too. They didn't last a year after I turned him and his father in to the state medical and dental board.

I spent about $35,000 for a full upper plate of implants. That was about 20 years ago, and I'm in the process of trying to find a good dentist to replace them.

My neighbor went to a dental school for her implants, and they look great.

by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2021 6:11 AM

I know a guy who had cosmetic dentistry to widen his smile. He has a narrow palate so originally one could see voids on either side of his smile. The work made a significant difference. Implants with wider teeth attached to them. We joke that he now has Rocio Jurado's beautiful smile..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2021 6:17 AM

You sound like a wuss R172. The implants are not painful. There is a big difference between all-on-four and bridges. There is also greater stability having more implants. If people can afford it go with the bridges instead of the all-on-four, they will feel and act more like real teeth.

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2021 1:53 PM

I think r155/r158 is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2021 2:07 PM

R176 palatal expansion is not, strictly speaking, a cosmetic procedure. I’m currently recovering from the procedure, which requires surgery before the expansion for adults and then braces. for the first time in my life I can breathe well through my nose. My crossbite was also wearing down my tooth enamel and causing bone loss and gum recession. It’s nice having a wider smile and more prominent cheekbones, but that’s not why I decided to do it, and insurance would not have paid for the surgery were it purely cosmetic in nature.

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2021 2:28 PM

I bought these locally and they've been great. Highly recommend you all buy them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2021 8:08 PM

This kid's teeth look healthy. They certainly look natural with obvious canines.

Whereas it's certain that Cole Connors and Joe Biden have dentures if not veneers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 23, 2021 2:43 AM

OP Here. Thanks for the posts. Am getting used to them. Am keeping them in as much as possible and getting advice from friends. Mostly seems you just have to fucking get used to them. And if you can afford them...implants.

R147 Ha, good advice.

by Anonymousreply 182July 24, 2021 2:50 AM

No shweat, shweety! Wash only tryin' to ashsisht you!

by Anonymousreply 183July 24, 2021 3:03 AM

R7, I can well agree that 38% of Americans over 50 have dentures and /or veneers.

by Anonymousreply 184July 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Good to hear that you are getting used to them OP. Do you mind if I ask how much it all cost?

by Anonymousreply 185July 24, 2021 10:24 AM

R181 is he still around? He's so cute. I like his shag do.

by Anonymousreply 186July 24, 2021 12:00 PM

Some people just have bad teeth no matter what they do. I know a prosthodontist that has terrible teeth and said he would be getting implants. BTW, his father was a dentist.

by Anonymousreply 187July 24, 2021 6:29 PM

Dentists earn $1000 per hour so a popular dentist can get $40,000 per week.

by Anonymousreply 188July 27, 2021 12:26 AM

I just looked up what they make in my area R188 and it was between $110,000 and $230,000 a year. Where did you get your number from?

by Anonymousreply 189July 27, 2021 1:01 AM

R189 I just guessed at that weekly rate based on the $2000 I gave him yesterday our two hours together as he gave me a dental post and a temporary crown.

So the dentist has to share that $1000 per hour with the dental assistant and the receptionist. And I guess they have 'down time' when there's no customers.

by Anonymousreply 190July 27, 2021 1:28 AM

Thanks for your honest R190

by Anonymousreply 191July 27, 2021 3:00 AM

*honesty

by Anonymousreply 192July 27, 2021 3:06 AM

Losing my teeth has become a recurring nightmare for me. But it's not symbolic—I am literally scared I'll lose them because of the expense.

About a decade ago, I had to get a crown because a molar cracked from stress grinding. I had good dental insurance—and it still cost $800 out of pocket! For one crown.

I use a Water-Pik and enamel strengthening toothpaste and mouthwash almost compulsively.

by Anonymousreply 193July 27, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] a molar cracked

A horizontal crack can be repaired with a post and crown.

But a vertical crack down to the roots means DISASTER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 27, 2021 3:48 AM

I had nightmares of loosing my teeth R193. The nightmares turned into reality.

by Anonymousreply 195July 27, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote] I had nightmares of loosing my teeth

I had nightmares of poor grammar.

by Anonymousreply 196July 28, 2021 1:36 PM

You sound like a miserable person R196. Were you bullied as a young kid? Are you still bullied because you are a miserable piece of shit? BTW, there is no comma after Oh.

by Anonymousreply 197July 28, 2021 2:13 PM

Do you need the waaaahmbulance, r197.

So butt hurt over people (yup, not just one person) correcting your grammar, on which you clearly have a tenuous grasp.

Oh, and by the way, an interjection always gets a comma. I wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t know the difference between lose and loose to know that.

“It was a typo…” in 3, 2, 1.

by Anonymousreply 198July 28, 2021 2:30 PM

A psychiatrist would have a fun time with you. You are a typical miserable person that no one wants to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 199July 28, 2021 4:11 PM

you can also rinse with hydrogen peroxide.

by Anonymousreply 200July 28, 2021 4:13 PM

Hydrogen peroxide is bad for the enamel and roots R200, especially if used over a long time.

by Anonymousreply 201July 28, 2021 4:17 PM

This media star recommends Hydrogen peroxide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 28, 2021 11:27 PM

He's an Optometrist R202. I'll take my info from a dentist when it concerns the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 203July 28, 2021 11:41 PM

A friend who has perfect teeth, uses baking soda, she puts a little on the toothbrush every night. Her teeth is white.

by Anonymousreply 204July 29, 2021 12:01 AM

It must be creepy having something fake in your body 16 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 205July 29, 2021 10:29 PM

Well, what's your time limit for that huge butt plug of yours?

by Anonymousreply 206July 29, 2021 10:33 PM

I didn't think they even did old fashioned removable dentures anymore due to the massive bone loss one incurs when teeth are pulled. Implants prevent that.

by Anonymousreply 207July 30, 2021 12:00 AM

OP here. R205 Has been two weeks now, and I just feel you have to get the fuck over it, mentally, because it is so fucking bizarre and hard to ignore. So is becoming mind over matter.

R207 Implants are for the rich...so suppose that makes me poor. It cost 4 and a half grand all up for extraction and the dentures, which was affordable. And they do look great. But to be honest, if I did have the money, would have gone with implants. But I am embracing them.

by Anonymousreply 208July 30, 2021 3:08 AM

Thanks for the update R208/OP. Glad to hear everything is settling down.

How are you finding eating with the new teeth? Any things you can't eat or any trouble so far?

by Anonymousreply 209July 30, 2021 3:44 AM

R209 Good question. I had heard about how people lost weight, and sometimes got ill from not getting back to solids after getting dentures. So, from the start I have been making sure to eat hard stuff to get used to it from the start. Has been fine except for when I did not chew a cracker enough and it got stuck in my throat. Almost chundered. But don't think you can spew with the falsies in.

Also, collection of spittle, phlegm at the back of the throat. Hard to swallow, and it collects and feels very strange.

Had sex. Sucking cock with dentures, you create alot more dribble. Like buckets...

by Anonymousreply 210July 30, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote] I'm sure it's a very strange feeling to have something completely foreign stuck into your mouth.

No, not at all!

by Anonymousreply 211July 30, 2021 3:59 AM

I hate these ugly things. They're really bad ecologically.

But I just wish I had them decades ago because it was agonising manipulating loose floss with my two big hands around the crevices in my normal size mouth.

I'm sure my lack of manipulating skills created cavities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 4, 2021 10:21 PM

R7 is a charlatan, it's no dental hygienist. I can only read it when someone references the post because I marked F/F in other threads.

by Anonymousreply 213August 4, 2021 10:47 PM

You are a SJW, R213.

by Anonymousreply 214August 4, 2021 10:48 PM

I hate going to dentists.

I walk in and the receptionist asks 'How are you today?'.

I reply that 'I'm fine' whereas I really want to say 'I hate this place, I hate dentists, I hate pain, I hate you and I hate the fact I'll be paying lots of money to you to inflict pain upon me!'.

by Anonymousreply 215August 4, 2021 11:15 PM

Have you not heard of Novocain, dear?

by Anonymousreply 216August 4, 2021 11:16 PM

Ive got to get new upper and lower partials and have to have 7 teeth extracted .$8500 . Ive spent enough on my fucking teeth over the years to buy a house. If Id have known then what I know now,Id have yanked them all the first go around and had plates. Its a racket .

by Anonymousreply 217August 5, 2021 1:47 AM

I have spent a fortune too over the years but I think I would have moved into implants when I needed my first crown or root canal and therefore skip the dentures.

by Anonymousreply 218August 5, 2021 2:54 AM

Not everyone can afford implants R218 and as we all know insurance pays very little.

by Anonymousreply 219August 5, 2021 3:23 AM

I get my implants done outside of the USA. They are about half the price.

by Anonymousreply 220August 5, 2021 3:40 AM

[quote] If Id have known then what I know now

I suspect most of would echo your sentiments, whether it was our reluctance to chase a particular man or our reluctance to floss our teeth.

by Anonymousreply 221August 5, 2021 4:06 AM

Dentist Reform!

by Anonymousreply 222August 5, 2021 12:57 PM

My dentist claims there is no pain after the implant procedure starts. Is this bullshit they say because they won't hand out opioids? They say tylenol (which can kill your liver) or Aleve (which can burn a hole in your stomach) is enough.

by Anonymousreply 223August 5, 2021 2:32 PM

I had implants R223 and never experienced pain. They gave me some pain medication, but I never took it because I didn't need it.

by Anonymousreply 224August 5, 2021 2:36 PM

You must be special, R224, or insensitive.

by Anonymousreply 225August 5, 2021 10:10 PM

Jesus R225, no one is allow to give their experience. R223 is claiming the dentist was lying and I was just saying I didn't experience any pain. Take a chill pill.

by Anonymousreply 226August 5, 2021 10:16 PM

Has anyone tried a Denturist for false Teeth . All states do not have Denturists. I am in WA state. I had one top plate that broke, but ir had been 10 years. Went to another denturist (same state and closer to the suburb I live in. Cost $800 for a top plate. When I am around the house I don;t usually put it in.

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2021 11:43 AM

[quote] I don't usually put it in.

Do you put it in when you're eating? I'm told we use the 8 front teeth to tear the food but we need all the other teeth to grind the food properly.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote] I don't usually put it in.

So you’re a bottom then?

by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2021 10:44 PM

Not wearing it R227 too often will change your face, especially around the lips and jaw.

by Anonymousreply 230August 15, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote] Has been two weeks now, and I just feel you have to get the fuck over it, mentally, because it is so fucking bizarre and hard to ignore. So is becoming mind over matter.

I have a complete upper denture and it’s fine. Looks good, chews well, i just hate reapplying the Fixodent. Sometimes I can go the day without needing to.

BTW: totally my fault; bad habits, but it’s cost me many thousands of dollars, so I feel I’ve ‘paid’ plenty. I got to NYU Dental School, which does good work, but everything takes forever.

by Anonymousreply 231September 6, 2021 9:35 PM

R231. Are you comfortable to laugh normally, etc? Or does the plate inhibit?

by Anonymousreply 232September 6, 2021 10:20 PM

How old are you, R231?

by Anonymousreply 233September 6, 2021 11:04 PM

I'm so thankful and grateful to our Democratic governor John Bel Edwards in Louisiana who is one of the few southern governors who rolled out Medicaid. Having advanced HIV I lost most of my molars due to dry mouth and needed partials. I could not have afforded them without the Medicaid. I dont even want to know the cost.

by Anonymousreply 234September 6, 2021 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!