Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Films of the 70s

Cruising, An Unmarried Woman, Dog Day Afternoon, Chinatown, Klute, Shampoo, Day of the Locust, Serpico, The Godfather, Looking for Mr Goodbar, The King of Marvin Gardens

I think the 70s was my favourite decade for film. So many films still hold up well today and the acting has not aged as much as the stagey acting of the 30s through to the 50s. I love the gritty look of the films and the stars were still fairly enigmatic and interesting.

It’s sad that these types of films are rarely made these days, I wonder if we will ever experience such an explosion of exciting filmmaking again in our lifetimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498March 13, 2023 1:37 AM

I know Cruising is technically a film from 1980, but I included it because it has all the hallmarks of the films I love from the decade preceding it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2021 3:21 PM

The Wiz was unquestionably the best film of that decade. Both Michael and Diana shine through their gritty portrayal of fictional characters from Oz.

by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2021 3:22 PM

JAWS!!! CLOSE RNCOUNTERS WITH THE THIRD GRADE! THE TOWERING INFERO!! EARTHQUAKE!! PATTON

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2021 3:33 PM

This blog has been linked here before but I am always happy to promote it. This guy set out to review every movie released during the 70s, including some TV movies. Well worth your time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2021 3:36 PM

When the magic of the movies was brutalized and buried. Small wonder it’s resurrection was the trash we’ve endured since.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2021 3:36 PM

Small Wonder was an excellent syndicated 80s TV series with Vicky,

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2021 6:02 PM

Buried treasures:

Deep End 70 UK

Diary of a Mad Housewife 70 US

The Wild Child 70 France

Two-Land Blacktop 71 US

Vanishing Point 71 US

Slaughterhouse-Five 72 US

Payday 72 US

The Homecoming 73 UK

Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins 75 US

Smile 75 US

From Noon Till Three 76 US

Eraserhead 77 US

Straight Time 78 US

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2021 6:29 PM

"Smile" was my favorite movie in High School R7 - it perfectly captured my snide teen sensibility.

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2021 6:56 PM

R7 I saw “straight time” recently and surprised I’d never been made to watch it before. It’s exactly the type of movie I love.

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Also two great movies about movie making that I love from this era “beware of a holy whore” by fassbinder and “day for a night” by Truffaut.

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2021 7:12 PM

plus Bonnie & Clyde, The Graduate, The Wild Bunch, Pink Flamingoes, Klute, Days of Heaven, The Last Picture show, Scenes from a Marriage...nothing like that now.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2021 7:17 PM

So many great filmmakers were doing their thing. Altman, Terence Malick, the foreign ones too like Truffaut and fassbinder.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2021 7:38 PM

The Honeymoon Killers 1970 'a more concentrated less cluttered, clearer vision than you are likely to have found in even the best conventional crime movies'-NYTimes 2-5-70

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2021 7:55 PM

R11 those were 60s

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2021 8:02 PM

I agree that Cruising seemed like a 70s movie; so did Missing. Did I mention Cinderella Liberty and American Graffitti? Sorry if someone mentioned upthread--consider it another vote for. On the other hand, I thought Ken Russell was the bane of the seventies.

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2021 8:12 PM

R15 I can see that about “missing”. That was another great one. And all those fun Ken Russell films too.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2021 8:15 PM

I agree that the '70's was the decade that movies went down the cesspool, largely due to pretentious Baby Boomers and those who catered to their reactionary sensibilities. Most of these "masterpieces" are overacted faux-art that might have been more graphic in terms of violence and sex than what came before but far less artistic. Case in point - recently re-watched ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE and it was junk saturated in misandry and cliches of the single-mother-as-liberated-heroine. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2021 8:41 PM

With “Alice doesn’t live here anymore” I feel some of the things it covered have become cliche with time as other films have tried to replicate it “mermaids”… but Honestly I have a soft spot for that Film.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2021 9:17 PM

I was young during this period and was going to these movies and thinking what is this pretentious shit? So I then started going to revival houses to see good movies and clear my brain where I realized they were attempting to imitate foreign movies from the late 40s, 50s and 60s but doing it so incredibly badly. Even when Spielberg was imitating Curtiz or Lean he was making student movies with a studio budget.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2021 9:26 PM

[R18] Burstyn is the only thing that makes it watchable, although at 43 she seemed too old to be playing a 35 y/o woman starting over. The actor playing the son was out of his depth in a large, poorly written role, Alice's relationships with men were stilted and negative and the diner ensemble wasn't developed enough to lend warmth to the story. Scorsese has zero feel for comedy and many of the (presumably) improved scene between the mother and son characters were cringey and overlong. The Tucson locations were promising but Scorsese underutilized them and missed the opportunity to add a beautiful natural counterpoint to the story's kitchen sink aspects. I thought I liked it more than I did - until I saw it again.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2021 9:27 PM

THE GODFATHER films are horribly overacted in that overbearing New Yawk style that might be called "when Jews met Italians."

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2021 9:29 PM

R19 which foreign movies were they imitating. I forgot to mention cassavetes whose films are a staple of the 70s too- particularly “husbands” and also one that he acted in but didn’t direct “Mikey and Nicky”

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2021 9:30 PM

DeNiro and Pacino in particular were two coked-out hams. Cagney and Bogart could act circles around them.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2021 9:32 PM

Ken Russell's "Listomania" 1975 would this one sheet (movie poster) or ad campaign be approved today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2021 9:41 PM

R24 love it!

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]THE GODFATHER films are horribly overacted in that overbearing New Yawk style that might be called "when Jews met Italians."

OK, you can go now.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2021 9:47 PM

It was also the era of the dog-faced leading lady. In addition to Burstyn, there was Streisand, Diane Keaton, Jill Clayburgh and, later, Streep - all plain or ugly women. A reverse-prejudice then set in so that when someone like Jessica Lange came along, they cynically assumed that she couldn't possibly be that beautiful and that talented at once - which is insane considering the actresses of the classic era - Garbo, Crawford, Taylor, Monroe, Leigh, etc..

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2021 9:51 PM

The films of the 70s are the gauge by which I judge all the modern superhero dreck movies, which have no subtlety, no believable characterizations, no ordinary human presence. I watch Chinatown and rejoice. I watch Avengers: End Game and I just want to go pee and browse my mail. I will admit to loving the CGI in many of these movies--who doesn't like a cheap thrill? But the real thrill is in a like this: I'm her sister. I'm her mother. OR: Jake, it's Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2021 9:52 PM

Eyes of Laura Mars.

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2021 9:56 PM

These days a film like “eyes of Laura Mars” world be lauded I feel as a breath of fresh air and a return to storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2021 10:05 PM

Though it was released in 1969, The Bed Sitting Room is pure ‘70s. Another great film is Harold and Maude. And then there are all the art-house Italian films (early Wertmüller, Cavani, Bertolucci), some excellent Dario Argento, and some of Bergman’s best (Cries and Whispers, Scenes from a Marriage, and The Serpent’s Egg).

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]I know Cruising is technically a film from 1980, but I included it because it has all the hallmarks of the films I love from the decade preceding it

Cruising would have been filmed in the 70's, OP, as would one of my favourite films The Fog. Let's just say the 70's was a far kinder mistress to Adrienne Barbeau's hair style than the 80's were!

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2021 11:43 PM

French: Day for Night, Small Change (J'ai faim, J'ai faim!), Cousin, Cousine. Those are the only ones I remember, but there were more.

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2021 12:36 AM

R27 has forgotten Faye Dunaway, Julie Christie, Candice Bergen, Raquel Welch, Catherine Deneuve, Jacqueline Bisset, Katherine Ross, Jane Fonda, Ann-Margret, Bo Derek, Cybill Shepherd, Ali MacGraw, Isabelle Adjani . . .

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2021 2:54 AM

Things were so much more understated in those films. Compare the closing scene in The Verdict (yes I know it was ‘82, but many early 80s movies were still “of the 70s) with any overblown courtroom scene in A Few Good Men. Blech

by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2021 3:02 AM

Well, R35 you may be right, but have you ever seen "And Justice for All' (79) with Al 'you're out of line!' Pacino. playing a lawyer like a carnival barker? Al was nominated for Best Actor for his showboating.

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2021 3:46 AM

R38 yeah of course. I also saw Kevin Spacey’a imitation of Pacino in that scene (I forget the name of the movie) - which you would think would be an exaggeration of what Pacino did - but wasn’t.

It’s a generalization of course and I think (again, in general it stands). Especially when you compare films in similar genres from the 70s Vs other decades, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2021 5:33 AM

Great films, gritty and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2021 5:49 AM

Wouldn’t most of these films be targets for SJWs if made these days? Most of the main characters in these films were deeply flawed, “politically incorrect” individuals. I don’t feel there’s a lot of room for nuance.

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2021 6:04 AM

Easily my favorite decade of film making, I don't care if it's an unpopular take here. It really seems like the last time in which film makers didn't baby their audiences, and the audiences in turn desired complex and interesting movies.

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2021 8:29 AM

R40 I think you are right. Most of these films appealed to an adult audience. Most of the programming I see on HBO Max has a target audience of tween/20 year olds. I don’t think I’ll be returning to the movies anytime soon either. I have stopped watching TV for the most part as well. Sucks.

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2021 8:48 AM

I think if I were to be an actor in any era I would maybe pick the 70s. Forget about all this mundane gym going and special diets and No alcohol! I’d just want to act as a real human being!

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2021 10:07 AM

I think Airport '75 is my favorite of all time. Linda Blair acts so damned fruity and fucking Helen Reddy won a Golden Globe Award for Best Newcomer for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2021 8:03 PM

The Gambler (1974) makes great use of Mahler's first symphony and contains one of my favorite bits of dialogue in movie history:

Billie: You're crazy!

Axel: But I'm blessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2021 8:11 PM

Saw The Gambler in a theater and it was damned difficult to understand what Lauren Hutton said most of the time

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2021 9:25 PM

I agree, R35. If we can consider 1981 part of the decade, then Body Heat is a near perfect film. Watched it on TCM the other night and was amazed how it held my attention--I've seen it many times. Lawrence Kasdan was an uneven but really interesting director and I don't think he put a foot wrong in BH. Then the real 80s film era kicked in and there was a lot of crap--not to mention the godawful music and fashions.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2021 9:52 PM

Eating ass is fun!

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2021 9:54 PM

Another vote for Harold and Maude. I rewatch that every 5 years and it still stands up.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2021 9:55 PM

I think most people today would be bored by films of the 70s. Unless they “see themselves—or it has lots of farting and fucking, non-stop action and minimal dialogue, it’s considered “boring”.

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2021 9:56 PM

R49 I don’t know. I think if you made them watch “dog day afternoon”, or “taxi driver” they might appreciate it the era.

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2021 10:05 PM

Funnily enough OP the 70s is one of my least favourite decades for films, of the ones you list only Chinatown appeals.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2021 10:14 PM

True—the more intense and super violent films would be appreciated. I know many young guys who watch Scarface and talk about it like it’s the pinnacle of cinema.

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2021 10:14 PM

Airport’75!

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2021 10:17 PM

Some of the bad films are interesting too.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2021 10:21 PM

I love 70s films that were shot in nyc but they also make me a little sad because the city was just so alive and fabulous back then.

by Anonymousreply 55July 18, 2021 12:38 AM

Animal House

by Anonymousreply 56July 18, 2021 5:18 AM

Black Christmas

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2021 5:19 AM

The China Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2021 5:20 AM

Nashville

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2021 7:25 AM

R27 "It was also the era of the dog-faced leading lady (...) when someone like Jessica Lange came along, they cynically assumed that she couldn't possibly be that beautiful and that talented at once - which is insane considering the actresses of the classic era - Garbo, Crawford, Taylor, Monroe, Leigh, etc.. "

Except that little Joan Crawford was the original dog-faced leading lady. No straight man wanted to fuck her if not for decent money. Or did you think of Cindy Crawford? That would be the wrong area in time or profession.

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2021 7:58 AM

R27 Ever hear of Bette Davis, Jane Wyman, Shirley Booth, Shelley Winters, Greer Garson, Olivia de Haviland, Anne Baxter, Geraldine Page, Judy Garland, Shirley MacLaine, Barbara Stanwyck, Irene Dunne, Julie Andrews, Judy Holiday, Joanne Woodward . . .leading ladies from the 30s/ 40s/50s/60s who were not noted for their sex appeal, glamour or beauty or more contemporary Meryl Streep, Kathy Bates, Angelica Huston, Glenn Close, Emma Thompson, Judi Dench, Helen Mirren, Frances McDormand, Emma Stone?

by Anonymousreply 61July 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Peak Woody Allen in the 70s too...Bananas, Sleeper, Love and Death, Play it Again Sam, Everything...Sex, Annie Hall, Interiors, Manhattan.....great stuff!

by Anonymousreply 62July 18, 2021 5:05 PM

Alien

Apocalypse Now

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

Five Easy Pieces

The Exorcist

The Omen

All the films OP mentioned. A truly fantastic decade of film.

by Anonymousreply 63July 18, 2021 5:16 PM

The studio system had just imploded and it was a free for all until the 80's came along and studios started getting right back to their old tricks.

I truly think we're due for another studio system implosion within the next decade. Maybe then we can have a little diversity at movie theaters again. The great part about the 70's and parts of the 80's was that you'd look at the newspaper for movie showtimes and see arthouse dramas playing alongside superhero movies, slapstick comedies, slasher films, monster movies, and intelligent family films. It would be nice to see something like that again. There was a movie for everyone. These days, they make the mistake of trying to make every movie for everyone and it ends up pleasing no one.

by Anonymousreply 64July 18, 2021 5:36 PM

Hope so R64.

by Anonymousreply 65July 18, 2021 5:38 PM

Airport ‘75

by Anonymousreply 66July 18, 2021 5:38 PM

The Concorde. . .Airport '79 Unmissable.

Charo, Alain Delon, Bibi Andersson, Jimmy 'JJ' Walker, Susan Blakely, Cicely Tyson, Robert Wagner, Sylvia 'Emmanuelle' Kristel, Martha Raye, John Davidson, Sybil Danning, Mercedes McCambridge, Avery Schreiber and, of course, George Kennedy. If you think that cast sounds incredible, wait till you see the movie before you suspend disbelief!

by Anonymousreply 67July 18, 2021 8:07 PM

R67 that’s like a datalounge dream cast!

by Anonymousreply 68July 18, 2021 9:15 PM

This is 1980 but never seen it. Any eldergays familiar? Poor DS. RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 18, 2021 11:52 PM

Polanski's The Tenant

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2021 2:23 AM

Panic in Needle Park

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2021 2:44 AM

Going Places (France 1974)

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2021 3:11 AM

A very underrated movie but incredibly entertaining and the best presentation of New York in the 70s is The Taking of Pelham One Two Three starring Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw. It's a crackerjack heist film and gives you the full spectrum of New York citizens and attitudes. I watch it every time it comes on TV.

Oh, and dumbasses like R17 who complain about "misandry" in a movie are the kind of immature, insecure white men who never had a problem with all the misogyny and racism in American films but let just one movie come along that doesn't praise, indulge or pander to white men and they throw a tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2021 3:14 AM

Wise Blood 1979

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2021 3:14 AM

R73 The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) R73 features Walter Matthau in a running 'joker' where he refers to a group of Asian men with a series of slurs thinking they don't understand English. The audience is cued to laugh as he refers to them as 'these monkeys.' it is and was in bad taste even if he does get a comeuppance in the end. And WTF do those scenes have to do with plot?

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2021 3:50 AM

R75, no, the audience isn't cued to laugh when he calls them "these monkeys." The audience laughs at the embarrassed, ashamed look on Matthau's face when the Asian men turn out to speak and understand English as well as he does. There's a similar moment later when Matthau discovers that the commanding, intelligent police chief he's been speaking to on the phone the whole time is African-American. It just reveals the racial flaws that even fairly decent guys like Matthau's character have. It all contributes to creating a complex, fully realized vision of the people in New York City at that time. Pelham is a great New York movie.

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2021 5:03 AM

R76 The audience in NY Times Square certainly laughed with Matthau as he's giving the men a tour ad not until later is the laugh on him.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2021 8:06 AM

And therefore what, r77?

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2021 12:13 PM

R78 A series of derogatory terms were used for the purpose of cheap laughs which had nothing to do with the plot and it was offensive, I'm sure the remake didn't include that dialog.

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2021 4:29 PM

That was then, r79. People actually talked that way. Now is now. You want to erase all of film history because "offensive"?

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2021 4:49 PM

R80 Yes, of course. That was obviously my point!

by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2021 5:03 PM

R80 and people still talk that way!

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2021 5:07 PM

Let's not forget the great disaster films of the 70s...Poseidon Adventure, Airport 1975, Towering Inferno, Earthquake!

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2021 5:46 PM

The Towering Inferno is at nearly 3 hours a towering bore, Earthquake except for the special effects best appreciated in Sensurround is overloaded with subplots and flat characterizations and dialog and The Poseidon Adventure is fun.

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2021 6:04 PM

A Woman Under the Influence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2021 6:08 PM

Tunnel Vision

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2021 6:11 PM

The Legacy - Katherine Ross, Sam Elliott, Roger Daltrey

by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2021 6:54 PM

Liv was given so many chances here and weren't they all bombs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2021 6:58 PM

As another poster upthread mentioned, the '70's was when Hollywood filmmakers attempted to incorporate European New Wave elements into their films to mostly clumsy results - the modes of production definitely informed the aesthetic and the American filmmakers were too "Hollywood" to get it. BREATHLESS could not have been made by Hollywood.

The 70's did however establish some new "givens" that are still with us today but they're hardly cause to celebrate, including: graphic violence that transformed the relationship between filmmaker and audience into one of sadist (filmmaker) and masochist (audience); simulated sex and nude scenes required of most actresses; rambling improv sequences that bloated scenes; potty mouth dialogue; poorly edited movies running to ridiculous length due to the fact that schmuck directors were now regarded as "auteurs"; widespread, casual misandry that equated to female characters always being in the right; the depiction of single mothers as universally virtuous; an insistence that all institutions were innately corrupt (save for academia, the media and Hollywood); the idealization of "ethnic" characters as being intrinsically virtuous; the depiction of children as knowing adults housed in underage bodies; the normalization of broken family structures; the vilification of rural people; the use of pop songs not written expressly for the film - and so on and so on and so on.

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2021 7:34 PM

Godzilla vs. Megalon

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2021 7:39 PM

[R89] The relentless vilification of Christianity while Judaism and Eastern religions were exalted; the normalization of drug culture; the transference of religious sentiments to outer space.

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2021 7:59 PM

91 = Franklin Graham

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2021 8:28 PM

Another Liv bomb...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2021 9:44 PM

I never miss a Liv Ullmann musical!

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2021 9:47 PM

R94 Speaking of Liv Ullman musicals, don't miss Lost Horizon (1973) so bad it's bad. Its awfulness is somewhat fascinating and actually Liv doesn't come off too badly which is more than one can say for most of the others.

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2021 12:05 AM

R89 hi Tucker Carlson, didn’t know you posted here!

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2021 12:07 AM

Lost Horizon also had the distinction of ending the Bacharach-David partnership. I found the soundtrack in a pile of records someone was giving away, but I haven't had the heart to listen to it yet.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2021 12:12 AM

I thought that one didn't have to be mentioned, r94 as it was the obvious go-to. How about 40 Carats...it only made $2,100,000...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2021 12:21 AM

I don't think it's been mentioned yet: The Stepford Wives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2021 12:25 AM

R98 Thank you! I've been trying to remember the name of that movie for years!

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2021 12:33 AM

Liv talking about Ingrid on Autumn Sonata

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2021 2:41 AM

From the start you know you're not in for a pleasant experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2021 3:21 AM

I always loved The Chinaman Syndrome. Who knew it would become a viral reality in 2020 called COVID.

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote] The Chinaman Syndrome.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2021 2:28 PM

Queenie was a blonde...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2021 4:08 PM

The 70s are by far my favorite decade for movies. Hey, I even thought Funny Lady had its moments.

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2021 4:19 PM

Gee how lucky can you, wee how lucky can you, wow how lucky can you get?,

by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2021 5:14 PM

There are just too many superhero movie sequels and live-action sequels of animated Disney movies to make, OP!

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2021 5:27 PM

Another good one: Telefon with Charles Bronson

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2021 8:01 PM

The first X-rated movie I saw...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2021 12:25 AM

The allegorical Dawn of the Dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2021 1:21 AM

I'm surprised Ken Russell's "Women In Love" hasn't been discussed. One of my favorite all-time films and the one responsible for my falling eternally in love with the gorgeous Alan Bates. It was, in my opinion, the perfect movie.

by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2021 1:48 AM

R112 Alan Bates was Birkin, right? Who was Gerald?

by Anonymousreply 113July 21, 2021 1:50 AM

R113, Oliver Reed

by Anonymousreply 114July 21, 2021 2:11 AM

R106 it was a sequel - she was under contract!

by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2021 2:13 AM

Don't forget American Film Theatre...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2021 2:43 AM

What is The Chinaman Syndrome about?

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2021 3:44 AM

R117 It's about an hour and 45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2021 3:47 AM

70s/early 80s movies that take place in NYC are my fav: King of Comedy, Goodbye Girl, The Fan, Tootsie

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2021 3:48 AM

That's Entertainment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2021 3:48 AM

R79, so because one audience in one theater in Time's Square reacted that way (allegedly), that means ALL audiences everywher reacted that way and still react that way? Are you really that ignorant and intellectually myopic? What am I saying? Of course you are.

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2021 8:24 AM

R89, you're yet another sniveling, insecure, whiney, right wing white guy complaining about imagined "misandry." What about all the overt misogyny taking place on camera and behind the camera during the 70s? Funny how you spoiled, spineless white men never want to talk about that. You've used her position to victimize people based on race and gender but have the f**king nerve to claim that you're the victim. You're just a contemptible, miserable excuse for a man and your white male panic at seeing the people you've demeaned stand up for themselves is pathetic. I'd tell you to man up but you wouldn't know how.

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2021 8:35 AM

[R122] Insecure, dumb, batshit SJW idiot triggered by an informed opinion. You’re the one fulminating with hated, racism and victimhood. Just keep your greedy hands out of my wallet while claiming others have stolen from you. Stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2021 2:43 PM

Another AFT....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2021 2:55 PM

R114 Right, Oliver Reed, miscast as Gerald, the icy blond northerner.

by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2021 3:01 PM

R121 What are those scenes intended to be if not comic? Tragic? Social commentary? They are a running gag that clearly serve as comic relief as does their ultimate payoff. Myopia is nothing to your self important blindness and tone deafness.

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2021 6:50 PM

R85 Gena Rowlands gave one of the great performances in that one. Cassavetes was incredibly lucky to have her, but even she couldn't save some of his weirder unconvincing self-indulgent crap.

by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Groupies (1970) Documentary on rock 'n' roll groupies

by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2021 10:44 PM

Straw Dogs (1972) Peckinpah's controversial film still packs a punch

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2021 10:46 PM

The Landlord (1970) Comedy-drama dealing with race from director Hal Ashby and Spike Lee couldn't have done it better.

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2021 10:55 PM

Farewell, Uncle Tom (1970) The ultimate film dealing with the slave trade from the makers of Mondo Cane. It makes Mandingo look like an episode of The Jeffersons.

by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2021 11:04 PM

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970) 'There's never been anything like it!' That was the advertising tag line and it's apt.

by Anonymousreply 132July 21, 2021 11:07 PM

Tales from the Crypt (1972) The best of the Amicus anthology films

by Anonymousreply 133July 21, 2021 11:08 PM

The Boys in the Band (1970) Definitive version of Mart Crowley's play with the original Broadway cast

by Anonymousreply 134July 21, 2021 11:12 PM

All the President's Men 75

The Candidate 72

by Anonymousreply 135July 21, 2021 11:13 PM

The Beguiled (1971) the best collaboration between star Clint Eastwood and director Don Seigel. Viva Geraldine Page and Elizabeth Hartman . Skip the remake

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2021 11:16 PM

Another AFT....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2021 11:17 PM

Blood and Lace (1970) The sickest GP/PG film ever made.

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2021 11:18 PM

Caged Heat (1974) Jonathan Demme's women in prison flick is along with Caged (1950) the best there is.

by Anonymousreply 139July 21, 2021 11:21 PM

Caligula (1979) An X-rated orgy of sex and violence from producer Bob Penthouse Guccione with such respected across as Hellen Mirren, Peter O'Toole, John Gielgud and Malcolm McDowell

by Anonymousreply 140July 21, 2021 11:24 PM

Bedknobs And Broomsticks

by Anonymousreply 141July 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Doctors Wives (1970) Pure trash and camp heaven. It contains graphic scenes of surgery and Dyan Cannon's opening line "God I feel horny" Seeing is disbelieving.

by Anonymousreply 142July 21, 2021 11:35 PM

Bergman's Face to Face (1976) with a truly harrowing performance by Liv Ulman as a psychiatrist who suffers a mental collapse. Liv deserved the Oscar that went to Miss Faye for Network.

by Anonymousreply 143July 21, 2021 11:39 PM

It would kill ya to include a link, r142?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 21, 2021 11:43 PM

Gable & Lombard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2021 11:47 PM

Can't Stop the Music allegedly directed by Nancy Walker is a 1980 film, but it signaled (or caused) the end of the disco era and features the Village people and Bruce Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2021 1:09 AM

Airplane (1980) another end of the 70s movie that put a capper on the Airport movies

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2021 1:16 AM

Little Murders (1971) Alan Arkin directed this time capsule-worthy film based on Jules Feiffer's off-Broadway play. 50 years later its portrait of a kill or be killed urban NY doesn't seem so exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 148July 22, 2021 1:25 AM

Play Misty For Me (1971) Eastwood's directorial debut made a decade before Fatal Attraction features an indelible performance by Jessica Walter as a fling who won't to be tossed aside.

by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2021 1:32 AM

The French Connection, ‘71.

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2021 1:40 AM

The King of Marvin Gardens????? What a fucking DUD!

As far as the "dog faced" female leads, do you remember the male leads? ALL DOGS - Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, Elliott Gould, Jack Nicholson. Alan Alda, Robert DeNiro, Donald Sutherland, Sylvester Stallone, John Travolta, Gene Hackman, Richard Dreyfus, Michael Douglas, Bruce Dern, Gene Wilder, old fat Brando - not a Cary Grant OR Rock Hudson among them.

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2021 1:47 AM

^You are OUT of your mind. Robert De Niro at 26 was fucking smoking! Are you kidding me with this nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2021 1:48 AM

He was greasy, R152.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote]potty mouth dialogue

Please tell me you're not a man.

by Anonymousreply 154July 22, 2021 1:54 AM

R153 He's adorable in that photo. Where's the grease?

by Anonymousreply 155July 22, 2021 1:56 AM

You dog. Get out of my bedroom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2021 2:01 AM

I win, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 22, 2021 2:40 AM

The Hindenburg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2021 3:31 AM

Manson a 1973 Oscar-nominated documentary that features exclusive interviews with Manson family members not arrested in the two murder cases. Fascinating and an effective companion piece to the 1976 telefilm Helter Skelter.

by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2021 3:54 AM

R152 I never thought De Niro was smoking hot, but he cleaned up nicely in The Last Tycoon (1976).

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2021 4:13 AM

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971)

by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2021 4:15 AM

R151 Agreed The King of Marvin Gardens is a muddled and pointless. Louis Malle's Atlantic City (1980) is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 162July 22, 2021 4:16 AM

Hi, Mom! (1970) early De Palma film is a freewheeling comedy with Robert De Niro and features a b/w segment that some found harrowing. "Rated X and little seen at the time, 'Hi, Mom!' holds up remarkably well"-Armond White FILM COMMENT

by Anonymousreply 163July 22, 2021 4:38 AM

I agree with R151. De Niro when new was scrawny and unpleasant. Liked him in The Last Tycoon, though.

by Anonymousreply 164July 22, 2021 4:39 AM

The king of Marvin gardens may not have been the best example to use but personally I still found it a good watch and it’s still better than most of the stuff that is made today. I love the way it is filmed and the shots of Atlantic city, the story is intriguing enough with Ellen burstyn slowly unravelling and I always find Bruce Dern interesting to watch.

As for the leading men being dogs, I am partial to young Robert de Niro in most of his films during the 70s and al Pacino too in Bobby Deerfield and the godfather.

by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2021 5:36 AM

R123, the only thing your opinion is informed with is the spoiled, immaturity of a pampered, entitled man-baby. Nobody cares about you or what's in your wallet and the people you've excluded and demeaned deserve EVERYTHING they've been denied, given what they've had to tolerate from bigoted, sexist morons like you. Quit your sniveling. You losers are the ones who are triggered by the sight of anyone who isn't a white man getting any attention. You've been catered to your whole life and all it has made you is a selfish, narcissistic weakling. Every movie you've ever seen growing up revolved around white men and catered to your ego and that's all you can handle. Anything contrary to it comes around and all the bitch comes out of you, just a lot of blubbering and self-pity. You're such fake tough guys. Why don't you go trash another government building with your lowlife, Q-idiot fellow trash, you coward?

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2021 6:35 AM

What's Up Doc

The Way We Were

Saturday Night Fever

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2021 6:43 AM

R126, read this slowly and I'll explain it to you. Those scenes when Matthau mistakenly thinks the Asian men don't speak English or when he is flummoxed to realize that the police chief he has been conversing with so effectively is African American or the scene at the end when he mistakenly refers to the undercover cop with long hair as "Miss" are all designed to show how unhip Matthau's character is; the objects of his comments are not what you're laughing at; it's Matthau's cluelessness, his rapidly growing obsolete thinking in a changing society. The movie itself is NOT racist at all since the Asian men are not themselves portrayed disrespectfully but as intelligent businessmen, and there are numerous non-stereotypical African-American characters in the movie like the police chief and the uniformed cop who goes down into the subway to provide visual commentary on the hostage situation or the Black woman who works in the subway office alongside a bunch of white men. My favorite moment in the movie is when they introduce a Black man who at first looks like your stereotypical "street hustler" until later on we find out that there's more to him than that -- he's also a Vietnam Veteran. The Taking of Pelham One Two Three is an excellent portrayal of the regular people in New York of all races as opposed to the grotesqueries you see in, say, Taxi Driver (not to criticize Taxi Driver which is a masterpiece). Pelham, within the context of the early 70s was very progressive in its racial attitudes. You're just fixating on one moment and misinterpreting it.

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2021 6:50 AM

R151 Young Pacino and De Niro were both incredibly fuckable (perhaps my dream three way is them circa The Godfather Part Two), what are you on? Do you not like short guys? I fancied Donald Sutherland in some movies (Don't Look Now, Klute) because of his vibe moreso than his looks. I think Gould was hot as well, specifically in The Long Goodbye. Yum. The dudes were more ethnic, for sure, but they weren't all dogs! Hoffman is repulsive though, I'll give you that one.

by Anonymousreply 169July 22, 2021 6:51 AM

He's very endearing in Stanley & Iris, r160.

by Anonymousreply 170July 22, 2021 3:35 PM

[R166] Demented SJW cunt. Go burn a Wendy's, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2021 4:45 PM

[R166] You don't know who you're talking to or what you're talking about, dumb cunt. You don't have an intelligent grasp of art, film, culture or history - all you have is your quiver of lame insults and your SJW self-righteousness.

by Anonymousreply 172July 22, 2021 4:51 PM

R112 WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU???? WOMEN IN LOVE WAS MADE IN THE 60'S !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 173July 22, 2021 5:13 PM

^I'd like to see both you and your antagonist put in a burlap sack together and thrown overboard.

by Anonymousreply 174July 22, 2021 5:16 PM

I'm not r112, r173, but there's 1980 films being mentioned so why not 1969?

by Anonymousreply 175July 22, 2021 5:18 PM

I know I saw Women in Love in 1970 because of where I was living then, and according to IMDB, it was indeed released in the US in March of that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 22, 2021 5:21 PM

I NEW ALAN VERY WELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS

by Anonymousreply 177July 22, 2021 5:27 PM

K

by Anonymousreply 178July 22, 2021 5:27 PM

"Sweet Kill " with a FABULOUS Tab Hunter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 22, 2021 5:30 PM

CINDERELLA LIBERTY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 22, 2021 5:32 PM

PAPER MOON

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 22, 2021 5:37 PM

DEATH ON THE NILE

THE HAUNTING OF JULIA AKA FULL CIRCLE

FOLLOW ME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 22, 2021 5:44 PM

ROLLERBALL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 22, 2021 6:04 PM

HARRY AND WALTER GO TO NEW YORK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 22, 2021 6:04 PM

FREEBIE AND THE BEAN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 22, 2021 6:06 PM

R168 Gotcha! Now you can go back to you favorite hobby: picking dingleberries.

by Anonymousreply 186July 22, 2021 6:25 PM

R182 The Haunting of Julia aka Full Circle is a tedious, uneventful horror film that takes forever to get nowhere and in that respect is right up there with 1972s Night of Dark Shadows. Farrow's 1971 film See No Evil (1971) is far better even if it isn't outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 187July 22, 2021 6:37 PM

The Baby (1972) Wonderfully perverse with Ruth Roman going full Joan Crawford as the mother with a mentally challenged fully grown adult male in diapers. And I bet you won't see the twist ending coming.

by Anonymousreply 188July 22, 2021 6:45 PM

You'll Like My Mother (1972) One of Duke's few starring roles in feature films is an atmospheric thriller reminiscent of Die! Die! My Darling, Rosemary's Baby, Dead of Night and Misery. Duke is good as the lady in peril and Rosemary Murphy scores as the villainous mother-in-law . Good B movie.

by Anonymousreply 189July 22, 2021 6:52 PM

r188...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 22, 2021 6:56 PM

Sisters (1972) De Palma's nightmarish reworking of Hitchcock's Rear Window and Psycho complete with a score by Bernard Hermann. De Palma makes effective use of the split and the film is a lot more fun than the overrated Dressed to Kill!

by Anonymousreply 191July 22, 2021 7:01 PM

R176 Jackson won the Oscar in 1971 for Women in Love. It was released in the US in 1970.

by Anonymousreply 192July 22, 2021 7:14 PM

There's only one thing wrong with the Davis baby...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 22, 2021 7:16 PM

2 low budget, independent horror films by Curtis Harrington What's the Matter with Helen (1971) and The Killing Kind (1973)

by Anonymousreply 194July 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Suspiria (1977) Surrealistic horror from maestro Dario Argento who's style clearly influenced De Palma.

by Anonymousreply 195July 22, 2021 7:29 PM

Chatterbox

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 22, 2021 7:30 PM

American Hot Wax 1978 with Fran Drescher and Jay Leno

by Anonymousreply 197July 22, 2021 7:32 PM

The Eiger Sanction

Okay, it's a bit homophobic, but George Kennedy has some great lines.

by Anonymousreply 198July 22, 2021 7:33 PM

R187 I happen to LOVE that tedious, uneventful film. It's delicate, it's atmospheric, Mia is wonderful in it, and if you had children you would understand.

by Anonymousreply 199July 22, 2021 7:33 PM

Walking Tall 1973 Rabble rousing sleeper that Rolling Stone Magazine hailed as the 'Best American Movie of the Year'

by Anonymousreply 200July 22, 2021 7:36 PM

Paul Bartel's Private Parts (1972)

by Anonymousreply 201July 22, 2021 7:38 PM

Watching Pacino dance almost turned me straight.

by Anonymousreply 202July 22, 2021 7:38 PM

CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 22, 2021 7:39 PM

The Sentinel (1977) truly sick horror film from a major studio: Universal

by Anonymousreply 204July 22, 2021 7:44 PM

Puzzle of a Downfall Child (1971) Miss Faye as a fashion model with psychological problems. Faye is quite good.

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2021 7:54 PM

R205 it IS one of my favorite movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 22, 2021 7:55 PM

R199 Understand what?

by Anonymousreply 207July 22, 2021 8:07 PM

The End (1978), with Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Joanne Woodward, Kristy McNichol, Norman Fell, and Dom DeLuise. Just saw it for the first time. 1970s gem (and hard to find).

by Anonymousreply 208July 22, 2021 8:10 PM

Night Moves - Gene Hackman, Melanie Griffin (very young) - from 1975

Will be shown on TCM Friday 7/23 if you haven't seen it.

by Anonymousreply 209July 22, 2021 8:13 PM

R206 Puzzle of a Downfall Child is a must for Fayshionistas! Costume and hairstyle changes to rival Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 210July 22, 2021 8:14 PM

I always thought Faye looked a bit chinese, is it just me ?

by Anonymousreply 211July 22, 2021 8:16 PM

R211 No. It's the cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 212July 22, 2021 8:17 PM

the eyes too

by Anonymousreply 213July 22, 2021 8:18 PM

how do you call white folks who have chinese eyes again ?

by Anonymousreply 214July 22, 2021 8:19 PM

The Haunting of Julia (1976) has nothing on Don't Look Now (1973) which it is reminiscent of. Peter Hanson's blog 'Every '70s Movie tags Julia as 'lame' and Richard Winters on his blog Scopophilia gives it a 2/10 and says that it's no surprise why the studio left this one on the shelf for 5 years. The film's running time feels like 5 years. It should have been left on the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 215July 22, 2021 8:28 PM

again I like it and I find it superior to DON'T LOOK NOW which makes no sense at all, and is just porn in disguise

by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2021 8:30 PM

are the the old jewish Mia hater frau who 's harassing me on all threads again ?

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2021 8:32 PM

^ wandered in from The Ladies' Home Journal

by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2021 8:32 PM

"oooh littke shiska got fingered boooohoooo big deal, why was the world not so concerned when my mother died in Birkenau and was made into a lamp shade ?" is that you ?

by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2021 8:33 PM

LIPSTICK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2021 8:35 PM

R215 let me give you PORTIERE DI NOTTE then

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2021 8:36 PM

The Haunting of Julia has been approved by the FDA as a safe, non-habit forming sleep aid.

by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2021 8:39 PM

R209 Thanks. It's an Arthur Penn movie that I've never seen and that somehow slipped under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2021 8:42 PM

you hate this movie with such a passion, interesting, I'll watch

by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2021 8:42 PM

Can we please get back on topic? How about some recommendations for OP...

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2021 8:44 PM

for R222 (sorry about your mum in birkenau)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2021 8:45 PM

R224 It's on YouTube. Don't say I didn't warn you.

by Anonymousreply 227July 22, 2021 8:48 PM

R224 Unless you have children, it's advised that you skip it.

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2021 8:51 PM

I'm a man and I have children you dumbass

by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2021 8:53 PM

SOME MEN HERE HAVE CHILDREN YES !

by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2021 8:54 PM

Stay Hungry (1976), with Jeff Bridges, Sally Field, and Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Very, very 1970s!

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2021 8:55 PM

Get ready for...Stockard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2021 8:56 PM

I have kids and I still like pole, will I burn in hell, stupid yankees ? And I LOVE full circle aka the haunting of Julia

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2021 8:56 PM

SloppyHo is deranged. Don't set him off, guys.

by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2021 8:59 PM

R234 my sexuality is just not defined by women. Not controlled by women, not censored by women. Feminists believe they've won ? they haven't. I've gaslit my wife so hard CHARLES BOYER would give me an award. There an obscure aussie film called Lantana who has it all. The frau inspector asks the suspect" does you wife know you're gay ? I suppose it depends on how good you are at deceiving her?" to which he replies "or how good she is at deceiving HERSELF". I am not going to be shamed or controlled by fucking babykillers. I'm a free man

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2021 9:08 PM

R229 No one said you didn't have children. What are you trying to prove? Why so angry? Besides everyone has heard of artificial insemination.

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2021 9:11 PM

^ or adoption.

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2021 9:12 PM

R235 = Exhibit A of derangement

by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2021 9:13 PM

The Adventurers (1970) At 3 hours it feels like a mini-series, but along with The Other Side of Midnight (1977) it's an example glossy 70s trash at its best.

by Anonymousreply 239July 22, 2021 9:18 PM

The Out of Towners (1970) Written directly for the screen by Neil Simon it's funny and lively and the action is non stop. NY makes a great antagonist.

by Anonymousreply 240July 22, 2021 9:21 PM

Young Frankenstein (1974) Mel Brooks disciplined film. A minor classic.

by Anonymousreply 241July 22, 2021 9:22 PM

The Other Side of Midnight was rather fun glossy trash, r239.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2021 9:22 PM

R236 I'm angry because of all the assholes who trash movies some posters like. What's the point ? They're not superior are they ? if anything , they're stupid; Who cares what critics say, if a movie resonates with you ? especially coming from fraus, who have nothing to do on this board, that's rich

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2021 9:26 PM

Joe (1970) Made when the generation gap was at it's widest. Controversial and provocative film directed by John 'Rocky' Avildsen. Peter Boyle in the role that put him on the map and should have netted him an Oscar nomination and a young Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2021 9:27 PM

R243 You're just plain angry bitch face it. Kids will do that to you!

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2021 9:27 PM

R238 typical feminist "argument" = you're deranged . You will care, believe you me, when the collective madness and brainwashing will stop (= sooner than you think=), and you'll realise abortion IS murder

by Anonymousreply 246July 22, 2021 9:28 PM

R245 you're a freak , but you knew that

by Anonymousreply 247July 22, 2021 9:29 PM

The Boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2021 9:31 PM

Now that these cunts choke on their vomit, back to the 70's movies please

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2021 9:31 PM

R249 Don't preach, teach. No one is stopping you from posting about a movie. You don't need anyone's permission. Ignore what bothers you.

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2021 9:36 PM

R243 R246 R247 R249

Lead by your fine example.

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2021 9:40 PM

The Apple (1980) Has that 70s disco feel right up there with Can't Stop the Music and Xanadu.

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Let's see..Oh YES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2021 9:44 PM

Oh, yes don't forget Cronenberg's The Brood (1979) the title refers to children who the manifestation of parental rage How topical.

by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2021 9:51 PM

Isabelle was so intense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Adele H is one my faves. Because of that film, I went to Halifax (Nova Scotia) to see the filming locations. I have seen all of Truffaut's films and I like them all (some more than others, of course).

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2021 9:57 PM

really R256 ? wow, that' dedication. For R250, my special gift to you sweetheart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2021 9:59 PM

In The Brood the red-hooded children seem to be an homage to the red-hooded dwarf figure in Roeg's Don't Look Now. The film is a metaphor for how parents with issues pass them on to their unfortunate brood creating monstrous freaks.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2021 10:04 PM

Deathdream (1972) aka Dead of Night Bob Clark's reworking of the classic short story 'The Monkey's Paw'. A mother wishes her son who was killed in Vietnam back with disastrous results.

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2021 10:07 PM

Homebodies (1974) A determined group of seniors fight back with everything they have to stop developers from tearing down their longtime home. Part black comedy, part horror film.

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2021 10:14 PM

Taking Off (1971) Milos Forman's first American film and very funny.

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2021 10:16 PM

It's me, r260...

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2021 10:27 PM

r60...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2021 10:29 PM

^r260

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2021 10:29 PM

Due to a cetsil wind, Dystor has vectored us into a 360-torson of slow traffic. Now, we'll maintain this Borden hold until we get a fortamagnics clearance from Malnix. ~ Dean Martin, Airport 1970

by Anonymousreply 265July 22, 2021 10:30 PM

le petit prince

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Marjoe (1972), Oscar winner for Best Documentary, about actor Marjoe Gortner who was a child (evangelical) preacher. In the documentary, he's all grown up and reveals that his evangelical past was a total crock. Watch it on Tubi, for free!

by Anonymousreply 267July 22, 2021 11:16 PM

Trick Baby (1972) Directed by Larry Yust director of Homebodies. 2 con men, one white the other black use race to pull off a series of cons.

by Anonymousreply 268July 22, 2021 11:53 PM

Next Stop, Greenwich Village (1976)

by Anonymousreply 269July 22, 2021 11:55 PM

that was my introduction to Ellen Greene and Lois Smith, r269.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 22, 2021 11:59 PM

R270, and Christopher Walken!

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2021 12:03 AM

[quote]Best film about NYC in the 1970s

Next Stop, Greenwich Village was about New York in the 1950s, r269.

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2021 12:03 AM

R272, LOL. Oops. I meant that it is the best 1970s film that portrays NYC.

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2021 12:06 AM

And Jeff Goldblum, r271.

by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2021 12:09 AM

I think there are now more old movies than a person can watch in a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2021 12:15 AM

R270 Huggy Bear and Shelly Winters--what more could you ask for?

by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2021 12:20 AM

Another AFT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 23, 2021 12:26 AM

THE GO-BETWEEN is the perfect film for me . Perfect everything. Script, direction, photography, score, sound , costumes ,sets, and most of all acting, from Alan , Julie, Maggie, Eddie, everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2021 12:33 AM

Surely this has been mentioned...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2021 12:34 AM

Yes, R278, and it is NOT a '60s film. You FINALLY got it right.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2021 12:35 AM

Oh DO shut up

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2021 12:36 AM

NASTY HABITS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 23, 2021 12:44 AM

R177 'I new Alan very well' Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 283July 23, 2021 1:27 AM

BLUEBEARD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284July 23, 2021 2:22 AM

The Blue Bird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 23, 2021 2:22 AM

Bluebeard (1972) feels like a more opulent Hammer film and watchable if one can get over the 70s misogynistic tone since virtually none of the wives is likable and they incarnate the 7 Deadly Sins. Welch is embarrassingly bad , but Heatherton who has the largest female is likable and looks great. Directed by Hollywood vet Edward Dmytryk who directed Heatherton in 1964s Where Love Has Gone.

by Anonymousreply 286July 23, 2021 4:25 AM

^ largest female role

by Anonymousreply 287July 23, 2021 4:26 AM

R279 Never saw Mame (1974), but it looks dreadful and Bruce Davison! WTF! It premiered at Radio City Musical Hall and seemed to die a quiet death.

by Anonymousreply 288July 23, 2021 4:34 AM

R186 You really are stupid. Haven't you figured it out yet? That's what I've been doing this whole time -- AND YOU'RE THE DINGLEBERRY.

by Anonymousreply 289July 23, 2021 4:39 AM

Was their ever a film version of Follies?

by Anonymousreply 290July 23, 2021 4:48 AM

Beyond The Valley of The Chinaman Syndrome was memorable.

by Anonymousreply 291July 23, 2021 4:49 AM

Warriors, Come out to play

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292July 23, 2021 4:54 AM

"The Stunt Man" with Peter O'Toole, Barbara Hershey and Steve Railsback was filmed in 1978, though not released until 1980.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 23, 2021 5:06 AM

Hey R17!! Lighten the fuck up Mary, with your pretentious, highfalutin, Boomer-bashing bullshit. It must be thrilling to know you, sour puss. Just shut it. Go watch your endless and insufferable “Fast and Furious” sequels.

by Anonymousreply 294July 23, 2021 5:15 AM

The Academy Award winning "Thank God It's Friday" from 1978

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 23, 2021 7:48 AM

Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, 1971

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 23, 2021 7:53 AM

I just rewatched “the boy friend” and was so impressed by the busby Berkeley style numbers. The film overall is so funny and charming and well performed. I’m really so into Ken Russell films, they’re so wicked and irreverent.

by Anonymousreply 297July 23, 2021 9:21 AM

Ordinary People came out 1980, so technically it's not a 70s movie, but it sure feels like one.

I remember seeing it on Dutch TV some years later and it was one of the most devastating movies I had seen then and since.

Redford directed another movie in 1998 called Milagro, the Beanfield War, which inexplicably to me never got the acolades it deserved. Great ensemble cast, great performances!

Places of the Heart is another one, came out in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 298July 23, 2021 12:19 PM

Most of these films are objectively terrible without nostalgic reference points to redeem them. I don’t know what happened to the technical side of processing film stock during the era but so many of these films have an ugly, dingy look, as if the world were dipped in grease and covered in a layer a dust.

by Anonymousreply 299July 23, 2021 2:26 PM

THE GO-BETWEEN is a timeless masterpiece IMO

by Anonymousreply 300July 23, 2021 3:00 PM

You bet your ass, r295!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2021 3:16 PM

Klute , the only movie in which Fonda jr is tolerable (she plays a manipulative, sex addicted whore = herself)

by Anonymousreply 302July 23, 2021 3:19 PM

Performance with Mick Jagger, James Fox and Anita Pallenberg directed by Donald Cammell and Nicolas Roeg. Completed in 1968, but not released till 1970.

Roeg's Walkabout (1971), Don't Look Now (1973) and The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)

by Anonymousreply 303July 23, 2021 4:19 PM

The Bad News Bears (1976) Foul mouthed and politically incorrect comedy that like another 70s film starring Walter Matthau, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) probably couldn't be made today. Directed by Michael Ritchie responsible for The Candidate (1972) and Smile (1975).

by Anonymousreply 304July 23, 2021 4:36 PM

I forgot about “performance” I watched it again recently and loved it more the second time. It’s one of those films one can watch again and again because there’s always something new to get from it.

by Anonymousreply 305July 23, 2021 4:43 PM

R305 Watch another film starring James Fox 1963s The Servant. Fox's role is similar to that in Performance. He plays a patrician who suffers degradation through his relationship with his man servant. The Servant was directed by Joseph Losey with a screenplay by Harold Pinter both of whom teamed up for 1971s The Go-Between.

by Anonymousreply 306July 23, 2021 4:58 PM

He was also in “king rat” where he develops a sort of man crush on a handsome charismatic George segal. He liked these subservient roles it seems.

by Anonymousreply 307July 23, 2021 5:03 PM

"Matilda" 1978 yes this real, the least realistic animal costume in movie history, and one of the movies that helped kill Radio City Music Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 23, 2021 5:29 PM

Benji (1974) and For the Love of Benji (1977).

by Anonymousreply 309July 23, 2021 6:55 PM

Providence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 23, 2021 7:01 PM

I just noticed the credits at the end of r310. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 311July 23, 2021 7:04 PM

I wanted to watch a movie it will be providence with elaine stricht. Elaine was one of the great dramatic actresses of her generation ,alas, she was always eclipsed by the more famous Elaine Stritch

by Anonymousreply 312July 23, 2021 7:07 PM

R308 Made me think of the controversial Australian film Wake in Fright (1971) aka Outback which contained footage of an actual kangaroo hunt

'I saw it when it premiered at Cannes in 1971, and it left me speechless' -Martin Scorsese

by Anonymousreply 313July 23, 2021 7:11 PM

She was *no* Ellen Burstryn, r312.

by Anonymousreply 314July 23, 2021 7:28 PM

I expect providence to be a huge bore, butI'll give it a try

by Anonymousreply 315July 23, 2021 7:33 PM

R314 TELL ME THE MOVIE CREDITS ARE NOT LIKE THAT

by Anonymousreply 316July 23, 2021 7:36 PM

SloppyHo is a big bore!

by Anonymousreply 317July 23, 2021 7:43 PM

WELL XCUSE ME dirk bogarde = snoozefest champion

by Anonymousreply 318July 23, 2021 7:46 PM

SHE'S MY SISTER AND MY DAUGHTER!!!

IT WAS AN ABORTION, MICHAEL!!!

by Anonymousreply 319July 23, 2021 8:02 PM

Messiah of Evil (1973) aka Dead People. low budget horror written and directed by Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz who wrote American Graffiti. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 320July 23, 2021 10:14 PM

The Wicker Man (1973). Love it and I've been to the filming locations in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 321July 23, 2021 10:16 PM

Shivers (1974)

Carrie (1976)

Ice Castles (1978)

Superman (1977)

Deep Throat (1971)

by Anonymousreply 322July 23, 2021 10:29 PM

TOMMY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 23, 2021 10:32 PM

R322 Hahaha, Deep Throat.

"To fuck is fine, but a blowjob's divine."

by Anonymousreply 324July 23, 2021 11:14 PM

“To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gall bladder!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 23, 2021 11:27 PM

325 replies and no mention of ME ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 24, 2021 12:17 AM

R304, Both of those Matthau movies have been remade today with Billy Bob Thornton and Denzel Washington respectively.

by Anonymousreply 327July 24, 2021 12:33 AM

Rolling Thunder starring William Devane and Tommy Lee Jones as a couple of returning Vietnam Vets who have to pick up their guns and go to war down in Mexico when Devane's wife and son get murdered right after he comes home. It's a damn good lean mean crime story.

by Anonymousreply 328July 24, 2021 12:36 AM

The tense thriller Deadly Weapons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 24, 2021 12:38 AM

R327 With the racial epithets removed.

by Anonymousreply 330July 24, 2021 1:06 AM

The truly great era of films was the late '30's-50's.

by Anonymousreply 331July 24, 2021 1:14 AM

Woodstock (1970) a late 60s time capsule.

by Anonymousreply 332July 24, 2021 3:01 AM

The Lickerish Quartet (1970) and Score (1973) Adult cinema pioneer Radley Metzger's X-rated 'art house erotica' As Henry Paris, Metzger made XXX films such as the opening of Misty Beethoven (1976)

by Anonymousreply 333July 24, 2021 3:08 AM

Another AFT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334July 24, 2021 3:16 AM

Very surprising, R326, I was going to mention that earlier but figured someone must have noted it upthread. Also for Cabaret and Something for Everyone...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335July 24, 2021 3:19 AM

Over 300 replies can only mean some repeats, r335. The Little Prince has been mentioned, but this just popped up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 24, 2021 3:26 AM

A Touch of Class (1973). Good scenes of early 1970s London. Second Oscar for Glenda Jackson. George Segal and Paul Sorvino are also in the film.

by Anonymousreply 337July 24, 2021 12:54 PM

Another AFT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338July 24, 2021 2:52 PM

Starting Over (1979), with Burt Reynolds, Candice Bergen, Jill Clayburgh, and Charles Durning.

by Anonymousreply 339July 24, 2021 4:08 PM

Miss Susan Anspach from Cinderella Liberty.

by Anonymousreply 340July 24, 2021 4:28 PM

Miss Susan Anspach in Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry.

by Anonymousreply 341July 24, 2021 4:30 PM

She is in neither.

by Anonymousreply 342July 24, 2021 4:43 PM

Fox and His Friends (1976)

by Anonymousreply 343July 24, 2021 5:14 PM

Another AFT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344July 24, 2021 5:19 PM

Mandingo (1974} with Susan George. Ken Norton, James Mason, Brenda Sykes and Perry King. More shocking than 12 Years a Slave.

by Anonymousreply 345July 24, 2021 6:57 PM

Pete's Dragon (1977)

by Anonymousreply 346July 24, 2021 6:59 PM

Oh I love The Bad News Bears, R304! So wicked and funny!

by Anonymousreply 347July 24, 2021 7:00 PM

Whoever suggested 40 Carats up the thread, thank you! I watched it after you mentioned it and really enjoyed it. Edward Albert Jr. is handsome and charming in it, and Liv--well, a Norse goddess really. And Nancy Walker doing the Nancy Walker thing perfectly. I don't think I'd seen it since the 70s, when it rang my little gay teen bell.

by Anonymousreply 348July 24, 2021 7:05 PM

How can you forget ME, r348?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349July 24, 2021 7:20 PM

The tawdry Good Luck Ms. Wyckoff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 24, 2021 7:25 PM

R348, you're welcome, glad you liked it. Liv's Lost Horizon is also on Tubi, another one of my favorite good/bad 1970s films.

by Anonymousreply 351July 24, 2021 7:56 PM

I agree with the above; "The Milagro Beanfield War" is a good film that came and went too quickly. It also reminded me of the great "Salt of the Earth" (1954) that was banned or blacklisted.

by Anonymousreply 352July 24, 2021 8:00 PM

I tried to find the one with laughter from the audience, but I don't think this is the one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 24, 2021 9:06 PM

Has no one mentioned Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange (1971)? Controversial, critically acclaimed and groundbreaking film in it's day, originally rated X and featuring an exuberant performance from Malcolm McDowell who should have been nominated for the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 354July 25, 2021 12:40 AM

R349 Yes, Binnie Barnes was great as the snobbish mother!

by Anonymousreply 355July 25, 2021 12:48 AM

R353 That's Sally Kellerman with Olivia Hussey.

by Anonymousreply 356July 25, 2021 12:53 AM

Amityville

the last house on the left

possession

the Texas chainsaw massacre

the exorcist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 25, 2021 1:18 AM

One of the great movies of the world IMO : Nikhita Mikhalkov's UN UNFINISHED PIECE FOR MECHANICAL PIANO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 25, 2021 1:22 AM

No mention of For Pete’s Sake? Barbra has her moments, Michael Sarrazin is gorgeous and Molly Picon is hilarious as a Queens madam named Mrs. Cherry.

by Anonymousreply 359July 25, 2021 1:22 AM

THE CANDIDATE , with Natalie Wood's last appearance as the radiant star we all loved, not has-been-by-association-Mrs -Wagner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 25, 2021 1:29 AM

PLAY IT AS IT LAYS with TUESDAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 25, 2021 1:31 AM

Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? (1978)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 25, 2021 3:32 AM

R150, The French Connection is one of the best films of the era. Gene Hackman a scary antihero: he’s a cop because he’s a ruthless, racist asshole who enjoys abusing power. (He’s even into S&M). One of the reasons the famous car chase sequence is so effective is that we know he thinks nothing of risking other people’s lives. Every time I see this film I’m amazed that a major studio made it.

by Anonymousreply 363July 25, 2021 3:53 AM

Another AFT...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 25, 2021 4:02 AM

The Last Detail ( 1973 Hal Ashby) released the same year as Cinderella Liberty which was also based on a novel by Darryl Ponicsan, The Last Detail garnered Oscar nominations for Jack Nicholson, Randy Quaid and screenwriter Robert Towne.

by Anonymousreply 365July 25, 2021 4:24 AM

I love Sisters (1972), with Margot Kidder and Jennifer Salt (Eunice on "Soap"). I even went to the filming location (the apartment building) on Staten Island (NYC, duh).

by Anonymousreply 366July 25, 2021 2:14 PM

McQueen/Ibsen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 25, 2021 2:32 PM

House of Dark Shadows (1970 Dan Curtis) Hammer-style horror film based on the hit show. Infinitely better than 1971s Night of Dark Shadows which is deadly dull and stars Kate Jackson and the unappealing David Selby.

by Anonymousreply 368July 25, 2021 4:03 PM

No mention of Trog (1970) featuring a 66-year old Joan in her final feature film acting opposite a man in a troglodyte costume!

by Anonymousreply 369July 25, 2021 4:08 PM

R224 Try Robert Wise's Audrey Rose (1977) instead. Marsha Mason, Anthony Hopkins and John Beck in a tale of reincarnation.

by Anonymousreply 370July 25, 2021 4:54 PM

Lover's and Other Strangers (1970) Funny film featuring a pre-nose job Diane Keaton, Bea Arthur, Cloris Leachman, Gig Young, Richard Castellano, Anne Meara and her real-life children Amy and Ben Stiller make an appearance.

by Anonymousreply 371July 25, 2021 4:59 PM

1971s Bunny O'Hare an extremely odd vehicle for Bette Davis. She and Ernest Borgnine rob banks dressed up as hippies!

by Anonymousreply 372July 25, 2021 5:11 PM

THE TROJAN WOMEN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 25, 2021 5:15 PM

Is There Sex after Death? 1971 A sex-comedy spoof with Buck Henry.

by Anonymousreply 374July 25, 2021 5:18 PM

Speaking of, r374...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375July 25, 2021 5:21 PM

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight (1971) Amusing gangster spoof with a young Robert De Niro and the remarkable Jo Van Fleet whose films include I'll Cry Tomorrow, Cool Hand Luke, East of Eden and I Love You. Alice B. Tolkas

by Anonymousreply 376July 25, 2021 5:33 PM

The Stoolie (1972) Starring the late Jackie Mason in a film by John G Avildsen director of Joe (70). Save the Tiger (73) and Rocky (75)

by Anonymousreply 377July 25, 2021 5:36 PM

The Hospital (1971) and Hardcore (1977) both featuring powerful performances from George C Scott

by Anonymousreply 378July 25, 2021 5:38 PM

Jenny (1970) with Alan Alda and Marlo Thomas who filmed this on a hiatus from TVs That Girl in what she hoped would be a breakout role for her as the unmarried pregnant titular character. Jenny and 1977s Thieves explain why she never had a film career.

by Anonymousreply 379July 25, 2021 5:52 PM

The 70s created the subgenre Blaxploitation:

Cotton Comes to Harlem, Superfly, Truck Turner, Blacula, Blackenstein, The Mack, Cleopatra Jones, Foxy Brown, Dolemite, Hammer, Slaughter, Trouble Man, Coffy, Sheba Baby, Friday Foster, That Man Bolt, Black Mama, White Mama, Willie Dynamite, TNT Jackson, Black Shampoo, Lady Cocoa, J.D.'s Revenge and Mario Van Peeble's controversial X-rated by an all white jury Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song (1971)

by Anonymousreply 380July 25, 2021 6:08 PM

2 similarly themed musicals from 1973 Jesus Christ Superstar and Godspell. Each contained a hit song but failed to find an audience.

by Anonymousreply 381July 25, 2021 6:15 PM

I'm partial to They Might Be Giants, r378.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 25, 2021 6:29 PM

R380, you didn't mention my favorite, the obscure thriller Together Brothers from 1974, which is the first film I know of showing two black men as gay lovers.

by Anonymousreply 383July 25, 2021 6:34 PM

Also Bucktown and Black Eye are good in that genre.

by Anonymousreply 384July 25, 2021 6:38 PM

The Cassandra Crossing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 25, 2021 6:57 PM

Drive-ins were still popular in the 70s particularly in the South as were urban grindhouses and they were supplied with plenty of product:

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, Race with the Devil, Thumb Tripping, Honky, Drive-In, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Tourist Trap, Corvette Summer, Eaten Alive, Don't Look in the Basement, The Gore Gore Girls, The Brotherhood of Satan, The Silent Scream, The Swarm, Three on a Meathook, The Mechanic, Poor Pretty Eddie, Ruby, Phase IV, Damnation Alley, Alice Sweet Alice, Almost Summer, The Amsterdam Kill, Angel Unchained, Cherry ,Harry and Raquel, Chrome and Hot Leather, The Daring Doberman's, Death Race 2000, the Devil's Rain, Eat My Dust!, Empire of the Ants, The Happy Hooker Goes to Washington, The Hills Have Eyes, I Drink Your Blood, I Spit on Your Grave, Jackson County Jail, The Lady in Red, Open Season, Enter the Dragon, Prime Cut, the reincarnation of Peter Proud, Macon County Line, Ode to Billy Joel, The Seven Minutes, Sssssss, The Stud, Summertree, Supervixens, Switchblade Sisters, The Thing with Two Heads, The Toolbox Murders, When a Stranger Calls, White Line Fever, The Young Nurses . . .

by Anonymousreply 386July 25, 2021 7:14 PM

^ Ode to Billy Joe, not 'Joel"

by Anonymousreply 387July 25, 2021 7:15 PM

You've got a few of them in there, R387, but almost all of the Jan-Michael Vincent and Charles Bronson movies fit that category.

by Anonymousreply 388July 25, 2021 7:52 PM

I saw Don't Look in the Basement at the drive-in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 25, 2021 7:55 PM

Man vs machine in Collossus: The Forbin Project (1970) and Demon Seed (1977) computers take control.

by Anonymousreply 390July 25, 2021 8:39 PM

The Devil's Playground (1976) and The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith (1978) 2 extraordinary films from Australia directed by Fred Schepisi who also helmed Roxanne, A Cry in the Dark, Russia House and Six Degrees of Separation.

by Anonymousreply 391July 25, 2021 8:55 PM

De Palma's The Fury (1978) A more satisfying psychic thriller than The Eyes of Laura Mars it features some spectacular set pieces

by Anonymousreply 392July 25, 2021 9:12 PM

Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to? Do you know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393July 26, 2021 12:58 AM

Coffey

by Anonymousreply 394July 26, 2021 1:07 AM

"Blacula" a totally entertaining movie with vampires, gay decorators, gorgeous Denise Nicholas, groovy singers with skin tight pants, and some genuinely creepy scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 26, 2021 2:04 AM

R395 was she on the TV show Room 222?

by Anonymousreply 396July 26, 2021 2:28 AM

Oooh, The Town That Dreaded Sundown is on tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 26, 2021 2:37 AM

R397 TV Guide-'Despite the intriguing premise . . .the film is incredibly dull' That sums it up perfectly. Dawn Wells is in it which may be the most interesting thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 398July 26, 2021 2:51 AM

The phantom killer is a pair of unidentified (male?) feet

by Anonymousreply 399July 26, 2021 2:55 AM

I tried, r399, I really tried. It's so...so...bad.

by Anonymousreply 400July 26, 2021 3:31 AM

R400 Like The Night of Dark Shadows (1971) and The Haunting of Julia (1977). The Town That Dreaded Sundown is pointless and dull. They're about as exciting as watching a freight train go by and at least a train moves forward with purpose.

by Anonymousreply 401July 26, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote] "Blacula"...was she on the TV show Room 222?

Yes.

[quote]The Town That Dreaded Sundown is pointless and dull.

Ahhh yeah no. Maybe you watched the remake, but the original was a huge hit for a small independent film, and it was a hit because it wasn't dull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 26, 2021 9:35 AM

R402 Dull is how I would describe the uneventful 1976 version. It has the feel of a made 4 TV film. and was from the same people who scored a hit with The Legend of Boggy Creek (1972)

Peter Hanson EVERY 70S MOVIE- 'Enjoy the poster and skip the movie, otherwise you'll say goodbye to 86 minutes tat could have been spent more constructively' AMEN!

by Anonymousreply 403July 26, 2021 2:10 PM

The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams was the 8th highest grossing film of 1974 out grossing Chinatown, Death Wish, and Murder on the Orient Express. Many films of dubious quality aimed at rural audiences were BO successes.

by Anonymousreply 404July 26, 2021 3:12 PM

Based on songs: Ode to Billy Joe (1976) and Harper Valley PTA (1978)

by Anonymousreply 405July 26, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote]The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams was the 8th highest grossing film of 1974 out grossing Chinatown, Death Wish, and Murder on the Orient Express. Many films of dubious quality aimed at rural audiences were BO successes.

People loved Grizzly Adams. Haggerty went on to a sequel, a TV show and two TV movies, not bad for a low budget independent movie of dubious quality.

by Anonymousreply 406July 26, 2021 4:08 PM

r405, don't forget 1981's...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407July 26, 2021 4:10 PM

1970's I Walk the Line with an October Gregory Peck and an April Tuesday Weld.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408July 26, 2021 4:21 PM

Coup de Foudre aka Entre Nous, Diane Kurys film starring the fabulous Isabelle Huppert as a bored housewife falling into a relationship with a ultra chic, gorgeous lady played by Miou Miou. I can’t believe it’s not on The Criterion Channel or can be rented on Amazon Prime.

by Anonymousreply 409July 26, 2021 6:05 PM

The shitty La Grande Bouffe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 26, 2021 6:09 PM

La Grande Bouffe is on Tubi (free). Entre Nous was on the Criterion Channel a year ago, for a few months. It was also on TCM about a year and a half ago. I've had it on VHS for the past 20+ years.

by Anonymousreply 411July 26, 2021 7:46 PM

Oh, R409, Entre Nous is not a 70s film. It was released in 1983. It lost the Foreign Language Film Oscar to Fanny and Alexander (Sweden).

by Anonymousreply 412July 26, 2021 7:50 PM

Shitty movie, r411.

by Anonymousreply 413July 26, 2021 7:51 PM

Tristana (1970). Filmed in Toledo, Spain. Beautiful Franco Nero and beautiful Catherine Deneuve. I went to Toledo because of this film.

by Anonymousreply 414July 26, 2021 8:21 PM

Bugsy Malone (1976)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415July 26, 2021 9:29 PM

The Ritz (1976)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 26, 2021 9:46 PM

Did someone mention A Woman Under the Influence (1974)? You know it's good since that pretentious fuck John Simon hated it. To me, Cassavetes is often full of baloney but Gena Rowlands elevates this to genius territory.

by Anonymousreply 417July 26, 2021 10:53 PM

I did, r417. Far upthread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 26, 2021 11:07 PM

Phantom Of The Paradise (1974)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419July 26, 2021 11:09 PM

^Mother is too dropsical to scroll through a list with 400+ entries.

by Anonymousreply 420July 26, 2021 11:10 PM

Black and White in Color (1976). Won the Oscar for Foreign Language Film. I love this film and own the (now out of print) DVD. Filmed in northern Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). I went to the filming location 10 years ago. Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 421July 26, 2021 11:13 PM

You asked, I answered.

by Anonymousreply 422July 26, 2021 11:13 PM

^Most dutiful

by Anonymousreply 423July 26, 2021 11:15 PM

And movies that were all about a song 'You Light Up My Life' (1977)

by Anonymousreply 424July 27, 2021 1:27 AM

The Disappearance of Aimee

I know it's a TV movie, but it featured two true movie stars. And it's the only '70s movie I was an extra in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 27, 2021 1:59 AM

Richard Lester's Juggernaut' (1974) A disaster movie as well as a thriller involving a luxury liner threatened by a terrorist who says he planted a bomb somewhere on the ship.

by Anonymousreply 426July 27, 2021 4:09 AM

Jules Dassin's A Dream of Passion 1978

Melina Mercouri is an actress playing Medea who arranges a meeting with an American woman (Burstyn) who is serving a prison term for killing her own children.

by Anonymousreply 427July 27, 2021 4:33 AM

A Dream of Passion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428July 27, 2021 4:39 AM

The PBS series All Chinamen Great and Small was like a movie

by Anonymousreply 429July 27, 2021 4:59 AM

Details, please, R425-did you see Bette and Faye come to blows?

by Anonymousreply 430July 27, 2021 5:04 AM

70s TV movies

My Sweet Charlie (1970) Patty Duke, Al Freeman Jr

Brian's Song (1971) James Caan, Billy Dee Williams

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) Kim Darby, Jim Hutton

by Anonymousreply 431July 27, 2021 3:11 PM

Could someone explain why there are so many traumatic movies about pregnancy and babies from this era?

by Anonymousreply 432July 27, 2021 3:25 PM

^ well, the 60s and the 70s

by Anonymousreply 433July 27, 2021 3:28 PM

No blows that we saw, r430. Bette basically details our (the extras) experience at r425. I think Bette's main complaint (rightfully so), was Faye breaking the cardinal rule of not making the camera wait. There wasn't anything close to 5,000 extras, but we were all crammed together in sweltering heat for hours. It was all worth it though, to hear Bette sing "I've Written a Letter to Daddy" in pincurls. She didn't have to do that...but she did.

by Anonymousreply 434July 27, 2021 5:41 PM

R432 Pre Roe vs Wade and abortion was illegal and unmarried pregnant women/mothers were stigmatized. Already mentioned 2 films from 1970: My Sweet Charlie and Jenny. Our Time (1974) and To Find a Man (1972) both starring Pamela Sue Martin were about teens seeking an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 435July 28, 2021 4:05 AM

R406 Many films and TV shows of dubious quality are successful at the Box Office

1970-Love Story # 1 Airport #2 /1971- Billy Jack #1 Diamonds Are Forever #3 /1972 Deep Throat #4 /1973 The Way We Were #5 /1974 The Trial of Billy Jack # 3 / 1975 The Other Side of the Mountain #8 /1976 In Search of Noah's Ark #5/ UGH!

by Anonymousreply 436July 28, 2021 6:38 AM

Toys Are Not For Children (`1972) 70s grindhouse

by Anonymousreply 437July 28, 2021 6:41 AM

I have just watched the 1974 film "Hustle" with Burt Reynolds and I spotted Steve Tracy who played Nellie Olsen's husband in "Little House On The Prairie" and unfortunately died of AIDS in 1986. He plays a police secretary with a Mikey Mouse T-Shirt on. He is always mentioned on here on "actors who died of AIDS" threads.

by Anonymousreply 438July 28, 2021 8:01 AM

Speaking of Burt I just watched Starting Over (1979) on Paramount +. I remember enjoying it back then and it holds up really well. Written by James L. Brooks and directed by Alan Pakula. Burt’s excellent. Wonderful supporting cast (Frances Sternhagen, Charles Durning, Mary Kay Place, Austin Pendleton) and Candice Bergen as the ex wife is hilarious. Jill Clayburgh is very charming although the snot in her climactic outdoor-in-the-freezing-cold is still alarming.

by Anonymousreply 439July 28, 2021 2:39 PM

Let's not go there, R439.

by Anonymousreply 440July 28, 2021 4:04 PM

R440, are you referring to Bree Daniel (Jane Fonda’s character in Klute) or Bree Daniels, a porn actress?

by Anonymousreply 441July 28, 2021 4:38 PM

The Boy in the Plastic Bubble (TV movie, 1976). John Travolta, Robert Reed, Glynnis O'Connor.

by Anonymousreply 442July 28, 2021 5:16 PM

R441, I was referring to the climactic scene in Klute when Fonda's nose runs as she's listening to the murder being committed. Many reference sources (including IMDb, Wikipedia and most film reviews) refer to the character as Bree Daniels, and Fonda herself even gets it wrong in Klute's closing scene when she answers the phone "Bree Daniels". I'd never heard of the porn star, but I'm presuming she/her agent got it wrong as well in an homage to Klute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443July 28, 2021 6:20 PM

Freaky Friday (1976)

by Anonymousreply 444July 28, 2021 10:44 PM

You know, you can use the Find feature on your browser to search a thread for a keyword.

by Anonymousreply 445July 29, 2021 12:24 AM

No mention of Nicolas Roeg's THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1976) with David Bowie, Candy Clark, Rio Torn. SciFi 70s style. Very trippy.

by Anonymousreply 446July 29, 2021 5:18 PM

^ Rip not Rio Torn

by Anonymousreply 447July 29, 2021 6:04 PM

Eraserhead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448July 29, 2021 6:06 PM

the 70s was Karen Black's decade

Nashville, The Day of the Locust, Airport 75, Five Easy Pieces, The Great Gatsby, Family Plot, Burnt Offerings, Portnoy's Complaint, Born to Win, Drive, He Said, Cisco Pike and TVs Trilogy of Terror

by Anonymousreply 449July 30, 2021 5:03 PM

Margot Kidder was another one whose success seemed limited to the 70s: Sisters, Black Christmas, Superman, The Amityville Horror, and then...not much.

by Anonymousreply 450July 30, 2021 5:32 PM

R449 I love Karen black in “day of the locust” I used to Use her line: “match me” when asking for a light.

by Anonymousreply 451July 30, 2021 8:50 PM

Any fans of the Warhol films “trash” and “heat”? Joe dallesandro was also an icon for me of the 70s. I intend to watch “blood for Dracula” and “flesh for Frankenstein” this weekend

by Anonymousreply 452July 30, 2021 8:54 PM

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1977), with Jodie Foster, Alexis Smith, Martin Sheen, and Scott Jacoby

by Anonymousreply 453July 30, 2021 8:57 PM

Definitely Dallesandro in the early 70s along with Jan-Michael Vincent and Michael York,, R452. I saw a double bill of Trash and Bad in Venice back then and felt a little grimy afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 454July 30, 2021 8:59 PM

Why the fuck is An Unmarried Woman not even rentable on Amazon Prime or iTunes?

by Anonymousreply 455July 31, 2021 7:19 PM

Larry Cohen's GOD TOLD ME TO (1976) a series of random murders in NYC by people who say 'God told me to' when asked why.

by Anonymousreply 456August 1, 2021 5:14 PM

The best political thrillers of the 70s are Day of the Jackel, The Odessa File, Three Days of the Condor, and Marathon Man, in that order. They are still entertaining and I watch them every few years. Unlike the cgi messes they put out now, the films--all with good directors--had character development/motivation, atmosphere, twisting plots that keep you interested, and terrific performances. I wish they'd made more!

by Anonymousreply 457August 4, 2021 4:08 AM

R457 I love the political thrillers of that era too. Also “all the presidents men” and “the parallax view” and “the China syndrome” . I never saw “the Odessa file” but you’ve just reminded me to add it to my list.

by Anonymousreply 458August 4, 2021 4:29 AM

I don’t think “Summer of ‘42” and “Big Wednesday” have been mentioned yet, each evokes nostalgic memories and are very moving Summer themed films. And the stunning documentary “endless summer” too. These are not gritty like the majority of the films mentioned. They’re more in the style of “breaking away”

by Anonymousreply 459August 4, 2021 11:44 AM

My mistake “endless summer” was 1965

by Anonymousreply 460August 4, 2021 11:44 AM

3 Nostalgia tinged coming-of-age dramas Red Sky at Morning (1971) with Richard Thomas, Catherine Burns, Claire Bloom and Desi Arnaz Jr. and Buster and Billie (1974) with Jan-Michael Vincent, Joan Goodfellow and Pamela Sue Martin and Baby Blue Marine (1976) with J-M Vincent, Glynnis O'Connor and Richard Gere.

by Anonymousreply 461August 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Ahh, Buster and Billie, the one with the first ever frontal nude shot of a male in a studio released film.

Has The Boys from Brazil been mentioned yet? It’s streaming on Peacock. Hilarious shot of Steve Guttenberg blinking after his character was stabbed to death.

by Anonymousreply 462August 4, 2021 4:56 PM

Jan-Michael Vincent must've shown more skin in the 70s than any other mainstream boxoffice star, even if most of his stuff was B grade. Here he is in Going Home, which also featured him in a reveraling shower scene. Robert Mitchum played his father and also had some shirtless scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 4, 2021 5:25 PM

Uhhh, that’s Sylvia Miles, not Sally Kirkland. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 464August 4, 2021 9:40 PM

R464, or Sally Kellerman?

by Anonymousreply 465August 4, 2021 11:54 PM

Sally Kirkland played J-M Vincent's mother who is murdered by his father (Mitchum) at the beginning of the film. I think it is Sylvia Miles in that photo, but I believe that scene was cut from the film because Sylvia isn't listed in the credits on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 466August 5, 2021 1:50 AM

Mystery solved: "The film marked the feature-film directorial debut for television producer Herbert B. Leonard. Leonard and Robert Mitchum complained about the final editing of the film by then MGM president and chief executive officer James T. Aubrey, Jr., who did not give the film an opening campaign or any non-public previews. GOING HOME, which was originally rated R, was recut by Aubrey to gain a GP rating before its release (see posters below). Aubrey cut twenty-one minutes from the film, including the role of actress Sylvia Miles, as a housewife involved with Jimmy Graham; several minutes from a rape scene; and one scene involving nudity."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 5, 2021 1:56 AM

Roger Ebert who gave the film 2/4 stars in his review mentioned the feeling that there are scenes missing and Pauline Kael called the opening scene 'bloody powerful'. The six year old son sees his mother coming down the stairs with her throat slit. To bad that the film was mutilated.

by Anonymousreply 468August 5, 2021 2:09 AM

Jan-Michael had quite a good start in the 70s with these types of film roles. “Going home” is the kind of role that would get him some indie cred these days. I read one review complaining that he couldn’t even hiccup convincingly, I thought that was a bit harsh. Having seen him in “going home” and “big Wednesday” it does seem he could have had a bigger movie career during the 70s but something worked against him it seems. Wonder how he got along with some of his co-stars.

He shared a few scenes with Rock Hudson in “the undefeated” and seems to have been the blond straight looking type rock would have gone for, so I wonder how things were between them behind the scenes.

He also co-started twice with Robert Mitchum so I wonder if they had a friendly relationship too.

by Anonymousreply 469August 6, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote] he could have had a bigger movie career during the 70s but something worked against him it seems

Alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 470August 6, 2021 2:24 AM

He was pretty much his character in “big Wednesday” then.

by Anonymousreply 471August 6, 2021 2:25 AM

David Lean's Ryan's Daughter (1970) Under-appreciated and certainly over long, but it's watchable which is more than I can say for Lean's Dr. Zhivago (1965) And Robert Mitchum is convincing in a change-of-pace role and Sarah Miles is very good in the title role.

by Anonymousreply 472August 7, 2021 4:00 AM

Movies were magic because (and few remember how it was) you had to go see then in a theatre and experience them or risk NEVER seeing them again except maybe in a chopped ABC 'TV version (ABC even cut the homosexual confession out of :"Cabaret", truly weird even then). Maybe a re-release after an Oscar but rare. I remember a double bill from Paramount of "Save the Tiger" and "Paper Moon" after the Oscars and it was great.

Home video ruined that first, of course.

by Anonymousreply 473August 7, 2021 4:19 AM

Then again for any frequent moviegoer there were certain movies that seemed to land on every double or triple bill. I must have seen Murder by Death ten times in '76 because it was sandwiched between two other movies I wanted to see, or because it was on the double bill and my friends with me hadn't seen it yet.

by Anonymousreply 474August 7, 2021 5:09 AM

NY Mayor John Lindsay made efforts to attract film production to NY. His efforts were successful though perhaps not flattering to the NYC of the early 70s.

KLUTE, BORN TO WIN, WHERE'S POPPA?, SERPICO, THE ANDERSON TAPES, THE LANDLORD, HI, MOM! DOG DAY AFTERNOON, THE OUT OF TOWNERS, CRY UNCLE, JOE, LITTLE MURDERS, SHAFT, COTTON COMES TO HRLEM, ACROOS 110TH STREET, THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT, THE PANIC IN NEEDLE PARK, MEAN STREETS, DEATH WISH, THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE, THE PRISONER OF SECOND AVENUE, TAXI DRIVER . . .

by Anonymousreply 475August 7, 2021 8:35 PM

Next Stop Greenwich Village was also shot in NYC. And Network.

by Anonymousreply 476August 7, 2021 9:22 PM

"The Owl and the Pussycat " TCM 8/10 2:00PM minus Babs boobs or her telling the hoodlums to "fuck off". Uttering one "fuck" got you an automatic "R" rating in those days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477August 7, 2021 9:33 PM

R475, you also left out The Seven-Ups. Quintessential NYC 1970s film.

by Anonymousreply 478August 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Has anyone mentioned the notorious Snuff (1975) which was said to show an actually killing on film.

by Anonymousreply 479August 8, 2021 6:29 AM

^actual

by Anonymousreply 480August 8, 2021 6:39 AM

Seems to me that these days we are celebrating a lot of mediocrity. The films just don’t compare in terms of story and all the rest. I think if just one of the films mentioned in the thread was released today, it would be deemed some sort of masterpiece compared to the films released today.

by Anonymousreply 481August 8, 2021 7:48 AM

What, no love here for "Willard" (1971)? One of the most memorable movies of my youth.

by Anonymousreply 482August 11, 2021 7:54 PM

That looks HORRIBLE, R482

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 11, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]Why the fuck is An Unmarried Woman not even rentable on Amazon Prime or iTunes?

So you'll buy the Criterion edition?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484August 11, 2021 8:33 PM

"Ben, the two of us need look no more..."

(Oscar nominated Best Song from "Willard" sequel. As a "Ben", I had to deal with it all my life).

by Anonymousreply 485August 12, 2021 3:19 AM

R485, I wish my first name had a song...like "Amanda" (Boston), "Sara" (Starship), "Joanna" (Kool and the Gang), "Dirty Diana" (MJ), "Jack and Diane" (JCM), and "Carrie" (Europe).

by Anonymousreply 486August 12, 2021 3:36 AM

R484, it’s not STREAMING on The Criterion Channel. Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 487August 12, 2021 5:46 PM

R481 Wokeness, remakes, sequels and big budget comic movies either didn't exist or were fewer. Successful audience films like Blazing Saddles, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three and the Bad News Bears couldn't be made today without much of the dialog and many of the scenes changed. Film makers and studios took greater risks and everything wasn't made for nonstop action that could easily be understood and therefore sold throughout the world.

by Anonymousreply 488August 13, 2021 12:28 AM

The Possession of Joel Delaney 1972

Gritty New York, Shirley Maclaine in fur hats and young Perry King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489October 1, 2021 6:49 AM

I was born in 1971 and in high school I started watching a lot of 70s films, but I think I was too young to really appreciate most of them. I’ve been watching or rewatching a lot of them in the last couple of years, and it is really my favorite era of film. I recently watched Dog Day Afternoon and it was terrific. Prime keeps recommending Eyes of Laura Mars to me, so I guess I’ll watch it.

In high school I rented Buster & Billie, not sure why, and about fell out of my chair over the unexpected full frontal of Jan Michael Vincent. I had a lot of fun with that tape.

by Anonymousreply 490October 1, 2021 11:13 AM

Sextette (1978)

by Anonymousreply 491February 7, 2022 2:41 AM

R235 but not free of anger

by Anonymousreply 492February 7, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote] CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE THIRD GRADE

aka The Bryan Singer Story

by Anonymousreply 493February 7, 2022 3:16 AM

1970s The Christine Jorgensen directed by Irving Rapper (Now, Voyager) Sincere, but a howler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494July 29, 2022 11:04 PM

(^.^) The film is on YouTube Fair quality

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 30, 2022 3:37 AM

Alan Arkin directed a film adaptation of Jules Feiffer's Little Murders (1971) considering the current state of New York City it seems prescient

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 3, 2022 7:08 AM

[Quote] You want to erase all of film history because "offensive"?

said nothing about wanting to erase history. Overreact much?

by Anonymousreply 497March 4, 2023 1:48 PM

Alan Arkin directed a film version of Jules Feiffer's Little Murders in 1971. It seems so prescient today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498March 13, 2023 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!