Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My unorthodox life on Netflix

Anyone else watching this reality show about a woman who left her orthodox Jewish family and community to become a fashion designer in NYC!

Interesting. She’s a hoot. Lots of gay positivity

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2022 1:26 AM

Been binging it this weekend. I’d be more interested in how she suddenly became this famous and wealthy designer then fashion entrepreneur. Not that she isn’t driven and talented, but it takes money. These Orthodox men, though - oy! What a bunch of insecure misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2021 11:52 AM

It got boring by the 3rd episode

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2021 12:32 PM

R1, she married the rich Italian guy. End of story

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Her husband was a legit tech mogul in Italy. He bought the fashion company La Perla.

She'd had success post-Orthodoxy putting gel soles in high heels. They hired her at La Perla. She married the boss.

He bought Elite Models, with her.

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2021 12:34 PM

Is she still wearing a wig? She claims she hated the wigs she had the wear as an orthodox woman but her hairstyle always looks exactly the same even now

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Yes she’s don’t incredible things but this show is an exercise in narcissism

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2021 12:36 PM

I didn’t pay that close attention, then. I figured her Italian hubby was rich but didn’t realize he bought La Perla. I guess that helps.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2021 12:37 PM

Everyone can be Kardashians if they try hard enough!

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2021 12:37 PM

The oldest daughter is quite beautiful. Her husband is a dork.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2021 12:38 PM

Schlomo got the short end of the looks stick

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2021 12:39 PM

I think Shlomo is cute. The name is unfortunate though.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2021 12:42 PM

Did anyone catch the age discrepancy with Robert her assistant/COO? When they celebrated his birthday he was 33 but when he met his birth mother she said he was her first kid and that she had a daughter who was 34. Did I mis-hear something?

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2021 1:18 PM

Is this more fun than the other show about an Orthodox woman who leaves her husband in NY and escapes to Germany?

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote]birth mother she said he was her first kid and that she had a daughter who was 34. Did I mis-hear something?

I heard the half sisters were 32 and 28.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2021 1:56 PM

R13 - not really. As you watch, you quickly realize their bubble of self importance is limited to them. I’m thinking now her wealthy husband *purchases* a lot of her experiences, like her front row tix to whichever fashion show that was. They were there for several shows, and that’s the only one they clucked about.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2021 3:01 PM

Os the older son gay?

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2021 10:53 PM

All the guys on the show seem gay.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2021 11:57 PM

^ Is

* And it only took me 15 hours to catch my mistake. Yay me!

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2021 1:48 PM

Schlomo would do well with a chin implant...and a new name.

Batsheva could use a new name too

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2021 2:35 PM

R4 There had to be more to her story than what was presented on the doco. Still - they all perform well for the camera and it makes for interesting viewing.

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2021 4:50 PM

Talia Leibov Hendler's (Julia Haart) rise to success could have been an interesting story. However it is explained away by her marrying the rich uncut Silvio. Jewish women always loved Italian guys for both of their bulges.....

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2021 4:03 AM

Loved this series and I'd do the son-in-law Ben in a heartbeat

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2022 11:22 AM

Season 2 is out and it is very GLBT. Robert has an open relationship with his boyfriend ,who is a big horndog. Daughter Miriam has a big lesbian bash. Schlock has a crush on a girl there. I still th II no he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 4:36 AM

Season 2 is train wreck. Has anyone been watching?

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2022 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!