Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“American Horror Stories” Viewing Thread

The real horror story is Matt Bomer’s eyes. It’s like on Golden Girls where Dorothy complains that her sister made her doll Mrs. Doolittle look like a morphine addict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 29, 2021 4:01 PM

Idk. Those eyes seem dreamy enough

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2021 9:38 AM

All the guys on the episode(s) were cute.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2021 9:43 AM

I completely agree with a tweet saying American horror stories is basically an audition for Ryan to stuff as many actors as possible and select the ones who act best for his next show lmao

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2021 9:48 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2021 9:58 AM

You sound jealous, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2021 10:01 AM

WTF are you talking about OP? Bomer's eyes look as beautiful as always. R5 has a good point...

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2021 10:09 AM

Where were all the straight white guys?

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2021 10:27 AM

us Bomer defenders must not tolerate this senseless deprecation

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2021 10:33 AM

Does he show his belly? There are a few scenes I. Hotel where he's Lounging against an arch with a hint of midriff showing.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2021 10:43 AM

Bomer has developed a tic as he has gotten older where his eyes no longer appear to focus on whatever he is supposed to be looking at. It’s very evident in a lot of his scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2021 2:22 PM

I haven’t seen it yet

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2021 4:13 PM

Finally, a realistic media depiction of two married gay men with a kid! Shallow, Xanax, edibles, Klonopin, Peloton, casual cheating, treating their child like an accessory! Ryan Murphy, Matt Bomer, and Gavin Creel shine. Actually, it’s all very satiric and amusing.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2021 12:50 AM

It was terrible and even most of the people on the AHS reddit (who are rabid fans of the show) were either disappointed or outright hated it all.

The only actors people have consistently praised were Merrin Dungey and Matt Bomer, mostly because everyone else was so horrible that by delivering their lines correctly it was almost as if they were teaching a masterclass.

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2021 2:48 AM

The original series is perhaps my favorite series ever, with Apocalypse edifying my feelings (if not everyone’s) nearly a decade into the show. These two episodes of Stories were atrocious, especially since this is the kickoff to the spin-off, like a cheap version of something AHS never was. Starting with the backstory of Jessica Lange as Constance would have given this some gravitas, instead it was cheap and bad bs using the set from Murder House for titillation/connection.

I guess it’s nice they did a gay parent couple of a lesbian teenager, but it exacerbated the ideas of the worst tropes of gay millennial parents. It would be hard for me to dislike this more and I wanted nothing more than to love it. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2021 5:33 AM

Worse than that, R14 they did the exact same story they did in Season 1 with Chad and Patrick.

Who were a stereotypical gay couple (like Michael and Troy)

who bought the house to fix it up and flip it (like Michael and Troy)

and one feared the other was cheating and it turns out he was

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2021 5:42 AM

Instructive, R15.

Not beginning with the history of the Murder House - if that’s what they wanted to do; with a big star (Jessica Lange) - renders this whole enterprise cheap and stupid. The only blessing is the hope some great performers will be able to be seen as this continues on for the next several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2021 5:49 AM

Man, even as a parody this was shit. Death: It's just like Life but with better relationships and fewer bills!

I do love Merrin Dungey, though, and it was nice to see her again. Her line about having to fight for appointment time with the other therapist in the building was the best line of the night.

Was absolutely fine watching the female sociopaths tear each other apart repeatedly. Too bad majority of the deaths weren't for keeps. What vapid assholes.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote] WTF are you talking about OP? Bomer's eyes look as beautiful as always. [R5] has a good point...

Yes, but I’m mostly interested in Matt’s - Boner

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2021 7:05 AM

This thread only got 13 replies. Indicative of the level of interest in any more series of AHS.

Nobody is interested. Not even the die hard AHS Reddit fans as R13 mentioned are interested.

Oh dear. Off to the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2021 7:35 AM

Typo sorry. 13 = 18 replies.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Apparently, after these first two episodes, every episode is a new story until the finale episode 7 where they go back to the Murder House AGAIN. Ryan Murphy said on Instagram they will show other ghosts that have been there from Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2021 8:15 AM

Okay now these photos that Matt Bomer posted are interesting because the first photo which looks like hair and makeup his eyes look totally normal, but then the second and third photos taken on set during filming his eyes are fucked up. The pupils are massive.

So I wonder if he has gotten to taken some sort of stimulant before he goes on camera to deal with nerves or whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2021 9:22 AM

My first thought was pot but his eyes aren’t red

So it’s something else from the right column

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2021 9:26 AM

You just [bold]CANNOT[/bold] be serious R22/R23. You're an absolute fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2021 9:34 AM

Those puppies are DILATED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Have y'all gone completely DELUSIONAL? Matt's eyes have been this same shape and color in every damn show.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2021 11:08 AM

It’s perfectly normal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2021 11:15 AM

he's glowering at the other person so yes it's absolutely normal

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2021 11:22 AM

It's called lighting and angles BITCHES

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2021 11:49 AM

At least Aaron Tveit is coming back for episode 6 with Cody Fern. Apparently Fern’s playing a park ranger or a sheriff in his episode. Something to do with a feral cannibal family.

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2021 12:58 PM

This is only on Hulu?

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2021 1:10 PM

almost didn't recognize Aaron Tveit at first

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2021 1:19 PM

It is on Hulu and also linearly on FX

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2021 1:32 PM

I enjoyed Adam the contractor.

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Bottle blond is not a good look for Gavin Creel!

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2021 7:56 PM

It's not his eyes I'm interested in.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2021 8:05 PM

Wow this really landed with a thud if this is all the posts it generated.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2021 4:15 PM

Bomer is s gorgeous guy

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]Finally, a realistic media depiction of two married gay men with a kid! Shallow, Xanax, edibles, Klonopin, Peloton, casual cheating, treating their child like an accessory!

In other words, Murphy just coped that Burtka-Patrick-Harris household.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2021 4:30 PM

I just realized that the credited writers for this are Murphy (55) and Falchuck (50) yet the series revolves around a teenage girls' sexuality... why do those two get a pass over something like that? Can you imagine if Woody Allen was writing about teenage lesbians in his 50s?

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2021 4:33 PM

Have eight minutes left but I don't think I'm going to finish it. It really is astoundingly bad, and the only thing I can think of his how Murphy and Falchuck maybe have the worst cast of arrested development in show business. Writers are supposed to become interested in more adult things as they grow older, not teenage lesbian angst. Jeez! It's creepy and disgusting.

There is a kernel of a good idea in the series, where the contractor decides to blackmail the gay couple so he can enter their marriage - it struck me as a darkly comic possibility out of a Woody Allen short story, if Woody Allen had written about gay people - and you would think, being men in their FIFTIES, that this is the path Murphy/Falchuck would have explored, rather than a TEENAGE GIRL and her SEXUALITY.

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2021 6:21 PM

[quote]where the contractor decides to blackmail the gay couple so he can enter their marriage

That was the only interesting thing about the whole 2 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2021 7:35 PM

Was Madchen Amick the egg donor for Paris Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2021 8:22 PM

Madchen would never hand a baby over to that evil child rapist!

by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]I just realized that the credited writers for this are Murphy (55) and Falchuck (50) yet the series revolves around a teenage girls' sexuality... why do those two get a pass over something like that? Can you imagine if Woody Allen was writing about teenage lesbians in his 50s?

[quote]being men in their FIFTIES, that this is the path Murphy/Falchuck would have explored, rather than a TEENAGE GIRL and her SEXUALITY.

Hello, straight woman on Datalounge.

1. You're comparing two men (one straight/one gay) in their "50s" writing about a girl who becomes a murderer in a haunted house to ... Woody Allen possibly writing about a girl while Woody is a known sex offender.

So that's just your way of comparing a gay man (twice!) to a sex offender. Feel free to rationalize that all you want but that's exactly what you just did.

You could have just as easily made her a him and it would still have been the same damn plot.

2. The episodes were directed by a woman and I'm more than sure the two of them are smart enough to talk to outside consultants beyond that but her being a young woman wasn't that important to the plot on these episodes.

3. That being said, while the first idea you presented might make a good film, that's also outside of the demographic of this show. This is a show for people in their 20s and younger. Those were the ones who made it a hit on Hulu on the first night it dropped. That's why he can get away with such shitty dialogue and plotting because people that age don't care!

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2021 9:05 PM

Woody is a known sex offender? Begone, frau.

by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2021 11:37 PM

what is so wrong with making a film about lesbians?

Aside from queerbaiting, I personally think Ryan's shows become more and more inclusive. It could effectively teach viewers a couple or three about gender issues.

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2021 3:28 AM

Third episode was marginally better than the first two but it still felt so rushed. I don’t think 40 minutes was enough for this one. At least the title sequence was cooler this time.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 12:42 PM

Episode 3 was much better. It seemed more like an episode of an anthology series rather than some weird spinoff from the main show.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 11:51 PM

This show sucks. It’s so low-budget and cheap compared to even the worst of AHS… the special effects when the trailer “exploded” were 90s-level cgi. I will say, Adrienne Barbeau was fab even with a horribly written part. Btw who did the Italian twink who couldn’t even approximate an American accent fuck to get on this? Or was the fact a BIPOC trans woman of color biting off his dick enough reason to snap up the role? Horrible show with horrible performances (except Adrienne).

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2021 9:25 AM

Hmm... I did enjoy the 1st 2 eps mostly due to fondness for the murder house season but I didn't like the 3rd ep... like someone said, it did feel rushed and the slutty girl was annoying

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2021 12:01 PM

Will Matt Bomer appear in the upcoming episodes?

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2021 12:30 PM

You know what… this show might just teach us a thing or two about gender issues!

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2021 12:44 PM

R52 Nothing officially confirmed yet but most likely he’ll be back for episode 7 since that one is back at the Murder House again with Scarlett and co.

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2021 2:01 PM

I'm not a huge fan of horror/comedy and this new show is a bit too heavy on the camp/comedy. I would like to feel a bit scared.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2021 2:14 PM

R54, They're shooting the 7th episode at the Murder House now. (Although they broke for a couple of days since someone in the cast caught COVID.)

If he is in it, it will likely be very brief or even a flashback since the cast is apparently "huge" for that episode as almost every actor or actress that ever died there is likely going to make an appearance.

Most of them have been spotted on set, including people from Season 1 like Dylan McDermott.

He/Aaron/Gavin haven't but he could have shot his part when he was shooting the first episodes.

He already said in an interview they shot more cameos from other people that "died" in the house that were cut from his episodes.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2021 6:15 AM

R56 It’s actually Part 2 of AHS: Double Feature that had to take a break for the week because one of the cast got COVID not Stories.

But yeah, I’ve already seen all of that info because I follow all of the leak accounts for AHS on IG and Twitter. Noah Cyrus is currently filming for episode 7 too because I guess 2 Nepo babies wasn’t enough for Ryan. Aaron Tveit’s definitely in episode 6 with Cody Fern as well.

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2021 8:50 AM

I don’t know her.

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Watched the 1st one. Paris isn't horrible and looks tall. Bomer's face looked oddly longer. Wtf? Not bad. Not great but something to watch.

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2021 10:32 AM

I think Matt Bomer is a loon in real life. He has the textbook definition of crazy eyes. Also, he married to someone 20 years older than him and falls out with his family.

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2021 10:47 AM

Matt Bomer is very limited as an actor.

He can do only pretty boy Neal type of roile which he did in White Collar

He was so bland in this AHS series

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2021 11:00 AM

Bomer’s crazy eyes are a relatively recent development, he would not have had any career in Hollywood if his eyes were always like this. They did a closeup of his eye in The Sinner and the pupil was massive. So I think he definitely uses something when shooting, because he looks fine when he does zoom interviews or in candid photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2021 11:08 AM

R62 I am afraid it is not. He always has crazy eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2021 11:24 AM

He might be “on something” in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Some people speculate episode 3 could be a set up to other seasons of AHS or this series because of the “twist” ending where a zombie army has been created. They base this on being part of the AHS universe.

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2021 11:42 AM

There seem to be three threads about this show, which one is the official one?

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2021 5:46 PM

This one

by Anonymousreply 67July 24, 2021 5:58 PM

OK, I didn’t read the background on this series, so maybe some of these are given if you have:

1) Is this a YA show, or is it just the first three have teen characters at the center?

2) They could have easily just done it as season of the regular series as a collection of individual standalone episodes and it still would have fit the anthology format. Why spin this off as a separate series?

3) As a streaming show an episode can last 15 minutes or two and a half hours, why break up the first story into two parts, I don’t get that formatting, was it suppose to add something to it?

by Anonymousreply 68July 24, 2021 6:21 PM

R68: 1) no, 2) $, 3) clicks.

by Anonymousreply 69July 24, 2021 9:59 PM

R68

[quote]1) Is this a YA show, or is it just the first three have teen characters at the center?

It's not specifically a YA show but this series IS geared towards a younger audience than American Horror Story. There's only one episode that doesn't revolve around a teen or a young person.

It's basically the same target audience as Fear Street. It's no coincidence when similar shows came out within a period. They're also clearly holding back on the nudity and the raunch that you could have expected from AHS.

Even Matt B*mer actually kept his pants on for once!

[quote]2) They could have easily just done it as season of the regular series as a collection of individual standalone episodes and it still would have fit the anthology format. Why spin this off as a separate series?

As R69 said they want money. It's also easier to write single episodes and put together teams to do self contained stories.

[quote]3) As a streaming show an episode can last 15 minutes or two and a half hours, why break up the first story into two parts, I don’t get that formatting, was it suppose to add something to it?

Yes, clicks are part of it but two-hour pilots aren't abnormal when they're coming from an established creator. They simply wrote too much and as we heard they even shot more than they aired.

There's also a tonal shift between the first and second episodes. Finally when there's an episode order for a certain amount of episodes, writing a long one and splitting it is an easy way to fulfill that order.

by Anonymousreply 70July 25, 2021 6:54 PM

Crawford's spawn needs to speak up. I could hardly hear her.

Did bro go on a drug binge since she got a hot gig?

by Anonymousreply 71July 25, 2021 7:49 PM

The third episode would have been better with an expansion than the first two.

Gavin Creel looks good at certain angles and not so good in others. The peroxide blonde hair wasn't a good look.

by Anonymousreply 72July 25, 2021 8:04 PM

Only basic bitches watch AHS.

by Anonymousreply 73July 25, 2021 8:35 PM

and where are you posting?

by Anonymousreply 74July 25, 2021 8:38 PM

I can't figure out what they were going for with Gavin. The straggly, bottle-blond hair, frequently topped with a large knit beanie. (I've never seen a gay man in Los Angeles wear one of those. Or a straight man either, for that matter.) He's a handsome man. Why disguise that?

Aaron, on the other hand, was hot. His scruffy, dissolute look was really naughty & sexy and it seemed to help his performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 25, 2021 8:43 PM

Tveit’s looks have become more angular as he’s aged which makes him look stronger and more imposing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 25, 2021 10:21 PM

Imma bookmark this thread and y’all gotta wait for my commentary after I finally get to force myself to watch the show

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2021 4:24 AM

So, this week’s episode has lots of eye candy and abs being about influencers who are in Bro House, basically a stand in for Sway House and the Bryce Hall gang. They are causing mayhem at Christmas time, and there’s quite an amazing homage paid to the LA Christmas party from Less Then Zero. Charles Melton is one of the four and Kevin Hale is the nerdy one who handles all the tech and is kind of the runt of the litter. Most interesting is Zinn, the main instigator, who seems the spitting image of Froy in his frat murder film Initiation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 29, 2021 5:52 PM

Ha! I already forgot about this show.

by Anonymousreply 79July 29, 2021 5:53 PM

I watched the show from the start, but the last few seasons have been really awful since Lange left. I didn't even make it through the last one.

by Anonymousreply 80July 29, 2021 6:11 PM

R80 This isn’t that, this is a new spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 81July 29, 2021 6:13 PM

anyone who finished watching: does this episode get better or worse?

by Anonymousreply 82July 29, 2021 6:56 PM

Ha! Not bad. You can see what they are trying to do.

A Twilight Zone/80's Teen Horror thing.

Clever and best of luck. In a good way.

by Anonymousreply 83July 29, 2021 8:45 PM

I enjoyed this newest episode. The only complaint I have is that their deaths were too quick.

by Anonymousreply 84July 29, 2021 9:48 PM

R80 Miss Lange is probably 50 years too old to be cast on the show that is referred in the title... STORIES not Story, every week another story - not every season.

by Anonymousreply 85July 29, 2021 10:10 PM

The black kid was really cute. Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 86July 30, 2021 1:50 AM

R86 I'd love to lick ice cream off of his abs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 30, 2021 2:46 AM

Yup, this one was good. And what I expect from an anthology.

by Anonymousreply 88July 30, 2021 4:16 AM

Jesus, I’m an idiot. I knew I’d seen him before..totally spaced he’s from Pose.

by Anonymousreply 89July 30, 2021 11:38 AM

How ironic when they talked about age Kevin McHale (33) as the nerd stated he's 28 and saying 30 is 40 in influencer years. I think Santa Danny Trejo could've turned up a bit earlier but the "no homo" bit was a bonus satire I didn't expect.

by Anonymousreply 90July 30, 2021 3:37 PM

They’re committed to this to the point of the Brohouse having a TikTok account and they keep adding videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2021 9:47 PM

no homo!

by Anonymousreply 92July 30, 2021 9:57 PM

He has upper sanpaku eyes like Charles Manson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 30, 2021 10:05 PM

I kind of enjoyed the latest episode, Ba'al Baby.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2021 2:02 AM

r94

it was one of the better ones... I think I liked the 1st 2 solely due to loving murder house

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2021 2:04 AM

I really WANT to like Billie Lourd, I’m giving her every opportunity to, but she just doesn’t seem to be able to carry anything over the finish line.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote]This season should get better ratings. It looks like they are emphasizing lesbians rather than gay guys.

What a weird thing to say. Also, totally lacking in empirical basis. Check the highest-grossing films that have ever been in theaters - they're all about gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2021 2:28 AM

This is the first season, how couldn’t it not be the highest, or lowest.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2021 2:34 AM

Please, be the first and the last.

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2021 2:58 AM

OMG there are so many greater shows to watch than this garbage

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2021 5:57 AM

R100 Such as the Politician and Hollywood? No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2021 8:40 AM

Is Gus Van san Kentworthy in this?

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2021 9:50 AM

Last night’s episode was probably the best one so far this series.

by Anonymousreply 103August 12, 2021 5:25 PM

feels weird hearing Cody Fern with his natural Aussie accent, but he looks much better when he dresses like a man

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2021 5:40 PM

Cody has never looked so good or been so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2021 6:47 PM

This was the best episode by far. It was actually, shall I say, scary. However, do people actually bring those portable toilets on camping trips? Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2021 7:01 PM

So, this was not the same Aaron Tivet character from earlier, does that mean they’re not all going to tie together in the finale?

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2021 7:12 PM

Tivets are useful in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Cody Fern is in this very episode? Okay, I'm watching now.

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2021 7:46 PM

It's so weird to hear Cody's [presumably] real accent. And he looked a wee bit chunky...

I saw that ending line from space...

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2021 7:59 PM

WTF said it was the best? Fern's publicist? Lame. That's Australian Southern or some fucked up accent.

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2021 8:15 PM

I feel like that episode would have been better as a whole season tbh or maybe a mini season. Up the creep factor even more and get us to actually care what happened to the Gantz as it slowly unravelled each week. Maybe have Fern’s character be even more suspicious and more involved in what was found on with the cannibals than he was letting on somehow.

by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2021 11:20 PM

I wanted Cody to lick Aaron's wound clean.

by Anonymousreply 113August 12, 2021 11:47 PM

did the kid at the end even recognize his parents?

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2021 12:12 AM

whenever Brenda's on the beach it's a psycho beach party

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2021 12:16 AM

R114 What did you think the meaning of “Boo” was?

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2021 12:19 AM

oops wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2021 12:21 AM

Didn’t enjoy this episode. So far, I’ve only really enjoyed the Santa episode. The drive-in one was okay. The first two were marred by shitty stunt casting/acting.

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2021 1:13 PM

Ryan Murphy just announced on Twitter that this is officially renewed for Season Two. I hope they do more scream queen cameos ala Adrienne Barbeau in the future.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2021 3:54 PM

An undate—I've been over the first two episodes and the storylines are AWFUL and probably the lamiest Ryan Murphy's works I've ever seen

by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2021 3:58 PM

How many episodes are there per season?

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2021 4:00 PM

Agreed, R120. What might be interesting is if he took some old classic horror movies, particularly some of the ‘B’ ones, and reinvented them for the times. You know, recycle or repurpose stuff like he sometimes does, but maybe try to do better. Lots of old Vincent Price movies, etc., to draw from.

by Anonymousreply 122August 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Do we really think Ryan has any input on this crap anymore beyond just rubber stamping it as it comes through and farming out all the actual work to minions below him?

by Anonymousreply 123August 13, 2021 4:14 PM

The season finale is next week with a return (again) to the Murder House. The new season of American Horror Story starts the week after.

by Anonymousreply 124August 13, 2021 4:28 PM

I am so tired of that stupid Murder House.

by Anonymousreply 125August 13, 2021 4:42 PM

Finished episode 3—still a nasty piece. The ending was sooooooo predictable and the entire episode centers around the lame plot of "a movie that turns everyone who see it crazy enough to murder each other."

The fuck was that, Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 126August 13, 2021 5:25 PM

What do you call people who don't like my series?

Dinner.

by Anonymousreply 127August 13, 2021 5:39 PM

Really, though. Rip off some old Night Galleries or that crazy stabby tiki doll that gave me horrible nightmares. Trilogy of Terror?

by Anonymousreply 128August 13, 2021 5:43 PM

What was that bizarre accent Cody was doing?

by Anonymousreply 129August 14, 2021 2:14 AM

Only no-brow, basic trash watch AHS.

You could pick from so many great shows or even just effective horror, but you settle for boring Ryan Murphy’s shitshows.

Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 130August 14, 2021 7:28 AM

That was Cody’s actual voice. He’s Australian. It was a bit jarring since I’ve only ever heard him use an American accent - his is really good.

by Anonymousreply 131August 14, 2021 8:59 AM

I haven't seen it yet, but doesn't Cody use his real Australian accent on the Australian mystery drama show Eden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 14, 2021 9:15 AM

I've finished all the episodes now. The previous posters are not wrong about the last two episodes being the season's best ones. And yes, Cody Fern makes a truly smoking hot park ranger in the last episode!

by Anonymousreply 133August 14, 2021 11:50 AM

[quote]Cody Fern makes a truly smoking hot park ranger in the last episode!

Y'all need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 134August 14, 2021 2:44 PM

I'm started this last night and am struggling through the first episode. I kinda don't care about the rubber suit person, y'know?

by Anonymousreply 135August 15, 2021 10:05 AM

R135 Good news is that after the second one it resets on each episode.

by Anonymousreply 136August 15, 2021 1:10 PM

My cousin worked on this show. He said Matt Bomer was really kind. Even wrote him a thank you letter at the end of production. Paris Jackson was exactly very sweet. Billie Lourds didn’t speak to him once. Guess she doesn’t talk to people who she feels are beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 137August 15, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]I'm started this last night and am struggling through the first episode. I kinda don't care about the rubber suit person, y'know?

Skip everything until the last two episodes, "Feral" and "Ba'al" are pretty solid.

It says something that the best episodes were ones that featured and focused on adults.

[quote]What was that bizarre accent Cody was doing?

As others have said, that is his actual Australian accent. He did admit that he wasn't used to "acting" with it so that might have come through a little.

R137, that's awesome to hear, I'm glad he had a great experience with the people he did.

by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2021 2:37 AM

last episode is really weird. No clue how they talked Dylan McDermott into doing it

by Anonymousreply 139August 19, 2021 4:40 AM

I'm about to watch the latest episode. Any good?

by Anonymousreply 140August 19, 2021 7:47 AM

Is Noah Cyrus hapa?

by Anonymousreply 141August 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Just had to get that SP dig in, didn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 142August 19, 2021 9:07 AM

R141 I too went to look up to see who that Asian American actress was at the start, is she one of those new Trans Racial people?

by Anonymousreply 143August 19, 2021 4:57 PM

The white trick or treating girls were dressed as a Britney and Katy, but who was the African American girl supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 144August 19, 2021 4:59 PM

So the series is supposed to be self contained short stories one episode long, but the first ones were two parts and the last referenced those, which all referenced the original series. Failure!!! That all makes it a hot mess and why bother. And the randomness of who showed up in the last episode made no sense at all either. The mother and son were the worst actors in a Ryan Murphy production and that is a very, very low bar. And the burning of the demon house seemed to close to home for that Matthew Camp arson situation that happened in upstate New York.

by Anonymousreply 145August 19, 2021 5:04 PM

The failure indeed. I expected more from Murphy, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 146August 19, 2021 5:08 PM

Noah is Miley Cyrus's younger sister. I first heard of her from a song she did with Marshmello a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 147August 19, 2021 5:12 PM

The entire season was a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 148August 19, 2021 5:46 PM

Could anyone who's see the season finale PLEASE post a spoiler post and give us a run down? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 149August 19, 2021 5:47 PM

So, who is this Adam Hagenbuch from the start of the episode, he seems gayer then a three dollar bill and possibly has nice abs?

by Anonymousreply 150August 19, 2021 10:38 PM

CMU drama grad. His nude pics are easily findable.

by Anonymousreply 151August 19, 2021 11:34 PM

I was excited for this show, but it’s been a huge disappointment. The first episode was okay- I liked Bomer, and a return to Murder House was alright. Didn’t like the second episode and definitely didn’t need to return to Murder House for a third episode. Let it go!!! (I guess they did, but I was already over it)

Cindy Crawford’s daughter wasn’t the worst actress on the show, but I was well and truly tired of her and her girlfriend. Good to see Dylan McDermott I guess- he’s still hot.

My favorite episodes were the drive in movie one and the Christmas bro house. They felt like anthology shows. Charles Melton is gorgeous. The Ba’al was stupid and Billie Lord didn’t impress me much in it. The kid lost in the woods episode was fine. Cody did look a little thick, but I prefer him like that to skinny and pretty.

Overall I’d rate this as a C.

by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2021 1:48 AM

Why all cmu grads have to be so hot. Bomer, Quinto and now this guy. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2021 2:07 AM

It was odd to have only Ben Harmon back. No Vivienne, Violet or Tate?

And I was disappointed Jamie Brewer only showed up for that second.,

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2021 2:10 AM

Adam Hagenbuch is going to go far if he plays his cards right...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2021 2:24 AM

He played the blond guy with the Cyrus girl.

by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2021 2:27 AM

He has a page here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2021 2:29 AM

He has A+ leading man written all over him. He needs to build some credibility.

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2021 2:36 AM

I agree I was kind of excited for this and was majorly disappointed. I’m really worried how bad the next American horror story is going to be. I wish she would quit getting famous peoples kids. They can’t act for shit. Just stop!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2021 2:49 AM

I looked him up and found out that he’s in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. That is quite a shock, I did not recognize him at all.

by Anonymousreply 160August 20, 2021 3:02 AM

Do we think Dylan Mc age well?

by Anonymousreply 161August 20, 2021 3:04 AM

Yes! Cody Fern seems to become more husky and well-built. With that accent plus his characteristic, I’d like to be gagged by his dick!

by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Apparently Kaia Gerber’s playing the lead in the second half of AHS: Double Feature too. The one with Aliens. Not too sure how I feel about that. Feels like RM trying to make her “happen” like he did with his other nepotism darlings.

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2021 7:50 AM

R163 I can totally see Kaia as an alien.

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2021 8:10 AM

Darn. I hoped I’d seen the last of her. And the girl who played Scarlett.

Merlin Dungey can come back, though. She was funny as the psychiatrist and is a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2021 11:23 AM

Ugh. No more Kaia.

by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2021 12:09 PM

I suppose while Kaia is not that "terrible" but she is not "excellent" either

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2021 12:11 PM

She’s worse than a lot of unknowns, R167, who don’t have the benefit of being Cindy Crawford’s crotch dropping. I’d rather see an unknown who can act.

by Anonymousreply 168August 20, 2021 12:14 PM

R168 Yes, I believe that's true. Totally agree with what you said about her being Cindy's daughter. I very much hope she isn't going to ruin AHS: double feature.

by Anonymousreply 169August 20, 2021 12:18 PM

Well, she was better in the last one. Could be interesting to see her develop, or not.

by Anonymousreply 170August 20, 2021 12:21 PM

Was the kid who played Rory in the last episode related to someone important? He was terrible.

There’s been a few bad actors in this series- the friend from the drive in ep, the man who tricked Aaron Tviet’s character in the lost kid ep, Rory, and I’m sure there were a couple more.

by Anonymousreply 171August 20, 2021 12:23 PM

I wouldn’t mind seeing Aaron move to the main show but I don’t suppose his Moulin Rouge! schedule will allow him.

by Anonymousreply 172August 20, 2021 1:15 PM

Nepotism aside, I didn’t think Kaia Gerber, Paris Jackson, or Noah Cyrus were terrible in this. I mean, it’s not Shakespeare. I get what everyone is saying, but it’s an amusing enough shtick that they are using these people from Hollywood families.

by Anonymousreply 173August 21, 2021 10:49 AM

Is Noah becoming Trans Racial and going Korean?

by Anonymousreply 174August 21, 2021 12:15 PM

I thought the girl at the beginning was Asian. You’re telling me that’s Miley Cyrus’ Non-Asian sister? Interesting.

What’s the next season of AHS about? Does it start in October?

by Anonymousreply 175August 21, 2021 1:21 PM

R175 Apparently it’s a double feature, so a split season one part with a non homosexual family in P-town and the second part with Kaia Gerber as an alien.

by Anonymousreply 176August 21, 2021 1:27 PM

AHS S10 begins next week.

by Anonymousreply 177August 21, 2021 1:49 PM

R175

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 21, 2021 1:54 PM

I don't understand why she feels the need to undergo surgery

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 21, 2021 1:56 PM

S10 official trailer. Actually looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 21, 2021 2:07 PM

So, is Finn supposed to be into MILFs, Lily like twenty years older then him right?

by Anonymousreply 181August 21, 2021 2:14 PM

If it doesn’t open with this song and Emma Robert’s lips, I’ll be disappointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 21, 2021 2:17 PM

R155 “Adam Hagenbuch is going to go far if he plays his cards right...”

He has a humpy body and is good at self-promotion but that describes half of the men under 35 with a SAG card. So, do you really think so? Or are you thinking with your dick? To me, he’s Jim B. Bullock with a body…or a slightly gayer Jerry O’Connell. I see grade C game shows in his future.

by Anonymousreply 183August 21, 2021 3:03 PM

I agree with most the best are Feral and Baal. I love their twists at the end. The rest are skippable-okay maybe not totally for the eye candies.

by Anonymousreply 184August 21, 2021 3:27 PM

But would you fuck the Ba’al?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 22, 2021 2:55 AM

Adam Hagenbuch has gay face and gay voice for days. Shirtless pics on the net show him totally ripped, but in AHStories his clothing didn't flatter him and made him look too buff for his height. Obviously, he isn't fat, but it gave an impression of fatness. I haven't seen him in anything else, so maybe he is usually dressed to flatter his build more, but if not, he should lean down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 186August 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Brilliant idea, R182! I would not be surprised if you get your wish… after all, Ryan Murphy got an entire Rocky Horror Glee episode to happen, though they had to reshoot and rewrite “Sweet Transvestite” after John Stamos’s version was deemed too lewd by FOX.

by Anonymousreply 187August 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Isn't Sweet Transvestite just a hate crime from beginning to end, these days? A sweet transvestite (MURDER) from Transexual (HATE SPEECH) Transylvania (you aren't fooling anyone by using a real country - cis-hetero-TERF-scum!)

by Anonymousreply 188August 23, 2021 1:57 AM

R179 My God, what a pity that girl ghost terror movies have gone out of fashion!

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2021 2:22 AM

Billy Ray Cyrus is a good looking guy. How’d he get such ugly kids?

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2021 3:46 AM

R190 Female sexual partners with stronger gene pools.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2021 5:58 AM

Maybe it's not surgery except for the lip fillers but mostly I think it is the awful result of make-up and hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2021 6:14 AM

I just finished this. Feral was creepy as fuck and interesting how it tied the park system into a big conspiracy. Had to love the obnoxious douchebros getting killed by bad Santa too.

by Anonymousreply 193August 29, 2021 4:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!