Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan and Harry Stir the Pot - Part 5

Aaaaand we continue - since Part 4 was almost full.

by Anonymousreply 584July 25, 2021 6:35 PM

Link to Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2021 3:25 AM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2021 3:27 AM

Summary of Meghan's new show: No talent Pearl is "on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life’s daily challenges" by making a spectacularly thick Prince her latest husband, as the couple turn ranked titles belonging to an institution they despise into easy dollars.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2021 6:23 AM

You forgot to add that little Pearl is biracial but acts like her black mother is the help.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2021 6:34 AM

There was a young, black character named "Pearl" who was smart, bookish, and had to overcome the daily challenges of living with a artistic mother in Reese Witherspoon's adaptation of Little Fires Everywhere, which seems like Meghan would borrow from. Meghan is a thieving conniving whore! And those are her good qualities!

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2021 7:07 AM

Meghan/Meghan = Pearl ... a sheer coincidence? Probably not.

Quoted from wiktionary.en:

Megan / Meghan - Originally a Welsh pet form of Margaret, now often used as an independent given name Margaret - From the name of a legendary third century saint, from Middle English Margaret, from Old French Margaret (French Marguerite), from Latin Margarita, from Ancient Greek μαργαρίτης (margarítēs, “pearl”), ultimately from an Indo-Iranian source. [...]

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2021 9:53 AM

With Margaret meaning pearl, they could've named Lilibucks Margaret or Margarita or something like that - that would've been the PERFECT merching opportunity AND Megsy would've had her "Little Pearl ( = Meghan, that is)" without stirring the shit pot like they used to do with using Lilibet.

Well, stirring the shit pot was exactly what they were aiming at in the first place, so ...

Anyway, Margaret or Margarita would've been nice and could've been interpreted as a nod to HM The Queen without being and looking like vindictive cunts.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2021 9:58 AM

Her new project seems like a desperate measure and that also she isn't regarded as a draw in her own right orcable in her own right hence the attachment of Davif Furnish.

I think it is PR spin to describe the couplexas close friends with Elton and David. I tell you who is a close friend of Elton and David. Sharon Osbourne who backed Piers Morgan for saying he disbelieved Meghan and who herself described Prince Harry as the poster boy of white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2021 1:50 PM

The Earl of Snowdon's daughter is already named Margarita, but Margaret Diana Mountbatten-Windsor would have been a nice choice.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2021 2:01 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2021 3:05 PM

I have no doubt she will deliver the goods as she has with every other project she's announced.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2021 3:44 PM

R8 You also know who Elton and his husband are clients of? Sunshine Sachs..................

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2021 4:23 PM

Feel better, R13?

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2021 4:40 PM

R13 Is the idiot who keeps posting racist remarks across DL getting threads deleted.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Please FF R13 straight into hell.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2021 5:06 PM

A Part 5 was begun a day or so ago, do you there are two.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2021 5:12 PM

I wish someone would post a brief summary of Lady C.'s videos when they are linked. She has good sources and I am always interested in hearing what she has to say. But I am never interested in listening to her itself say it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2021 5:14 PM

When does she ever cite a source?

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2021 5:23 PM

This is the inspiration for Pearl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2021 5:49 PM

According to Richard Eden of the Daily Mail, it was Netflix who approached Elton John's people about teaming with Meghan allegedly in a bid to boost the profile on the project. Allegedly Netflix is concerned that Meghan herself might not be enough of a "viewer catcher."

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Elton John is known for producing content for children??

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2021 6:21 PM

It’s a scam for fellow celebs to get each other producer credits so they can mutually make money in that insular circle of no-talent but well-connected fucks.

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2021 7:03 PM

R21 Where’s he said that?

Just watched a bit of Palace Confidential with him & he talked about his daughter.

Is he...is he....straight? He pings like mad for me.

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]Elton John is known for producing content for children??

It's not even Elton John. It's his unknown husband. But he has something in common with Meghan: both got their success by marrying, not by their own labor.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2021 7:07 PM

I think marrying that well is as significant an achievement as any other. You won the prize! I’m always fascinated by climbers. Oh to be a fly on the wall during such courtships: the scheming, the navigation, the finesse, the nerves of steel it must take. And then you’re SET.

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2021 7:11 PM

R25 I was about to make the same comment....two people famous for the men they’ve married, and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2021 7:11 PM

R26..Sure, it’s an achievement. But not one that a supposed fighter for female empowerment & feminism should be laying claim to.

Markle is a hypocrite - that’s the problem.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2021 7:14 PM

R26... there are some great passages in Gone with the Wind where Scarlett is lining up first Rhett Butler and then Frank Kennedy. Exactly what you write of, well described.

"She married Frank Kennedy two weeks later after a whirlwind courtship which she blushingly told him left her too breathless to oppose his ardor any longer.

He did not know that during those two weeks she had walked the floor at night, gritting her teeth at the slowness with which he took hints and encouragements, praying that no untimely letter from Suellen would reach him and ruin her plans. She thanked God that her sister was the poorest of correspondents, delighting to receive letters and disliking to write them. But there was always a chance, always a chance, she thought in the long night hours as she padded back and forth across the cold floor of her bedroom, with Ellen's faded shawl clutched about her nightdress. Frank did not know she had received a laconic letter from Will, relating that Jonas Wilkerson had paid another call at Tara and, finding her gone to Atlanta, had stormed about until Will and Ashley threw him bodily off the place. Will's letter hammered into her mind the fact she knew only too well--that time was getting shorter and shorter before the extra taxes must be paid. A fierce desperation drove her as she saw the days slipping by and she wished she might grasp the hourglass in her hands and keep the sands from running."

Now compared to some characters, Scarlett O'Hara is all virtue, but you follow my point... ;)

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2021 7:18 PM

Imagine the moment Meghan knew she had a real shot at bagging the world's then most eligible bachelor, the Prince, Son of Diana. She could be a PRINCESS! Famous and wealthy beyond her wildest dreams! Palaces! Tiaras! Omfg!

I picture her in front of her bathroom mirror going, "Holy shit holy shit holy SHIT.....okay. Calm down. We can DO this."

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2021 7:32 PM

She was always an asshole, it appears.

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2021 7:39 PM

Camilla Tominey Meghans main detractor who used a White supremacists article to back up her Meghan opinions is in the shit. Also the Emmys have been overwhelmed with troll comments about Oprah interview. Are considering legal action. Got some disgusting threats. The cyber company that tracked the mass troll pack are allegedly going to help. All second hand info off cyber geek who is on black twitter. Have linked Camilla s email. Note what she calls the black women the message was sent to. Meghan never stood a chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2021 8:07 PM

Well, she's an actress.

You note the great humanitarian schtick is subsequent.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2021 8:10 PM

I picture her, masturbating furiously in front of the mirror going, "Holy shit holy shit holy SHIT.....okay. Calm down. We can DO this."

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2021 8:18 PM

Yeah, the FBI will be knocking down doors...we get it, tiresome troll @ r32.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2021 8:20 PM

Most biracial kids are beautiful but Megan was FUG.

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2021 8:23 PM

Dark clouds mean litigation and storm damage. Up or down, this can't be tweeted. Sources heard carrier pigeons fly the truth in and out of The Tower. The goose flies at night!

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2021 8:23 PM

It doesn't seem like CT is "in the shit" R32 it seems like ITV are backing her up.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2021 8:24 PM

Juicy gossip online to linked account. The photo on this twitter account links to Nigerian dating site scammers. Is not real picture. I will give you two guesses what the seemingly black man behind this account ended up being. And this account is used everywhere as an example by the white trolls that a black man sees right through Meghans crap. Busted!!!!!!! Black twitter is on a roll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2021 8:44 PM

r12 That I didn't know but that just makes the claim of the malicious duo having a close friendship with Elton and David as even more synthetic.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2021 8:44 PM

R32 Stop trying. Where were you when one of your pals threatened to kill Tominey AND her 3children?

Now under police investigation, but for real, not your hot air bullshit.

Those aren't trolls: those are people protesting a show in which the journalist asked no hard questions and allowed her guests to use her show as a platform for what turned out to be no less than 18 verified lies.

You're nothing but a clown here. We laugh at you.

You have no power here.

Be off, before someone drops a house on YOU.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2021 8:47 PM

r23 Perfect summary and an illustration of why an increasing number of people have disdain for showbusiness.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2021 8:47 PM

r32 Camilla is a strong detractor of the malicious royals in exile but Lady Colin Campbell is THEE best detractor of them and their deceitful bu***hit.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2021 8:50 PM

r37 has nailed insane r32's voice perfectly. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2021 8:50 PM

Scabies and SS in the house! Trying to get twitter accounts suspended for not licking Narkle ass. Fools.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2021 8:52 PM

Has the goose landed?…

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2021 8:57 PM

r46 Goose?

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2021 9:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2021 9:05 PM

SA, read r37's parody of the lunatic at r32/ r35

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2021 9:05 PM

WTH is David Furnish known for except NOT fumbling the bag the way MeGAIN did? Why is HE a draw?

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2021 9:06 PM

No, I mislabelled R35 as R32 in my post at R37 (now this clarification is verging on a post by R32.)

It's not hard. Just imagine you're in the White Lodge on Twin Peaks. Sometimes, my tiara bends back.

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2021 9:30 PM

Since David Furnish is married to a knight does he get to call himself Lady David?

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2021 9:45 PM

No, it's just Lady John.

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2021 9:49 PM

This ridiculous couple are in Trump zone now with their behavior. Encouraging their stans to bully and shut down anyone challenging Harkle bullshit. That scabies gremlin has put a message out to the clown squad in which he requests dirt on any anti-Harkle accounts. He wants them all shut down.

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2021 10:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2021 10:21 PM

Laughing at the Narkles has provided entertainment during a difficult year. There may well be an agenda that is backing them that might be anything but funny, we will know more in due time.

by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2021 10:24 PM

David Furnish does not have much of a cv. Seems like jobs his husband got him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2021 10:26 PM

What does this mean exactly? Are they already cranking out episodes? No, I'm not reading that stupid ass press release that likely has her title in every sentence.

by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2021 10:33 PM

I'm assuming they approached Elton to write some songs for it and be an Executive Prod, but he said no I'm busy and also I like my knighthood and don't want to lose it by putting my name on this, but, just to show no hard feelings, you can give Lady John something to do on it and help keep her out of my wig.

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2021 10:38 PM

Seriously OP, when is the last time you came up from the basement and into the sunlight?

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote] and help keep her out of my wig

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2021 10:42 PM

She's producing a show about herself?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahohohohohahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2021 10:45 PM

How many years ago was she 39? I forget. I suspect she tries to, too.

by Anonymousreply 63July 15, 2021 10:47 PM

Hmmm given there was a few articles recently about the lack of content for Netflix and Spotify, now we suddenly have a program in development funding in part by elton through David! Is this to stave off the wolves, as their charity and productions trademark has questions?

by Anonymousreply 64July 15, 2021 10:56 PM

Did you notice there were no writers announced to project? No storyline, no scripts, just a lame, vague concept.

by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2021 10:59 PM

Your proof of this, r39?

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2021 11:22 PM

I don’t have anyone on ignore, but r13’s post is hidden to me.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2021 12:26 AM

It's just as well hidden, r67. It's one of those obsessed with getting Muriel to can threads by using racist language. It's on my ignore but can see the post if I float my cursor over the post number in yours. I guess delivering death threats to journalists and their children isn't sufficient for the Sussex Squad.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2021 12:39 AM

Did everyone see this post from the end of thread #4? "Escape from the Palace: The Official Trailer" is here! Airing September 6th. Can't wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2021 12:54 AM

R69, oh, I am WATCHING that shit. I hope someone starts a watch thread when it airs.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote]"Escape from the Palace: The Official Trailer" is here!

And I think Miss Faye Dunaway will be breathing a sigh of relief because "Mommie Dearest" will no longer be the campiest script committed to celluloid.

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2021 2:13 AM

Does Harry use that spray that "creates" fuller hair on bald spots?

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2021 2:14 AM

Interesting point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2021 2:14 AM

R73 The Counsellors of State list is likely out of date because the Queen has not left the UK since 2015 and is unlikely to leave for the rest of her life. If she becomes too ill to perform her duties, Charles will be made regent. Harry should be disqualified though because he is not resident in the UK. And Andrew needs to be off the list as he is no longer a working royal.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 4:42 AM

R74 Correct. Also important to note that while there are four Counsellors of State only two are actually needed if the monarch is out of the UK or temporarily ill. Charles and William will act in that capacity if the need arises. It's like if the Queen ever goes to hospital or something, Charles and William would immediately return to the UK if the are out of the country at the time.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 4:58 AM

Beatrice and Eugenia should be named joint monarchs immediately! It would be a campfest.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 9:32 AM

R76 There wouldn't be enough bandwidth in the solar system to handle the clothes critique threads here. DL would break the internet.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 10:25 AM

In that spirit... and all likelihood...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2021 11:26 AM

You have to live in the UK st least 180 days of the year to serve as a Counselor of State. This clearly eliminates Harry, despite him stubbornly maintaining a UK address at Frogmore Cottage. That's probably for tax purposes.

And he stands absolutely no chance of being named Regent. They know how to get round little difficulties like this.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2021 11:46 AM

Hmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2021 1:06 PM

Edward who?

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2021 1:13 PM

My brothers are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 1:22 PM

Charles is quite odious in his own way. Miraculous that William turned out so different from his parents and brother, the influence of the Middletons surely helped.

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2021 1:25 PM

Not to defend her unduly, but I don’t think Meghan specifically stole the “Pearl” idea from anyone in particular.

It’s a generic idea, and done to death. It’s a formula. It’s a device.

There are plenty of these juvenile fiction books designed to introduce historical figures in a more palatable and fun way. Here’s one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2021 1:32 PM

The H actor is better looking than H. The M actress isn’t as good looking as M. How’d she let that happen? I’d assume she pushed for Megan Fox to play her…

by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2021 1:33 PM

As cringe as "Pearl" sounds, I think it's a case of giving her enough rope ...

I'm sure her woke masterpiece will be preachy as fuck, and 'customers' will react accordingly. "Pearl" will be the equivalent of a box office flop - although her SS PR team are sure to juke the stats - and so no-one will want to back her because her/their projects are word salad garbage.

by Anonymousreply 86July 16, 2021 1:42 PM

It will never be broadcast. There will be legal issues, accusations of plagiarism and quality issues. Not that they will care- they are all about announcements, not delivery.

by Anonymousreply 87July 16, 2021 1:52 PM

R86, yes. Let the market decide.

It’s like adding another energy drink or lip kit (or dairy milk alternative, haha) to an oversaturated market). You can promote the hell out of it with celebrity, but if it sucks, people won’t buy it.

by Anonymousreply 88July 16, 2021 1:53 PM

Indeed, R88.

If "Pearl" is based on Meghan's 'life story' - her struggles as a suitcase girl, the challenges she's faced as a D-list actress, the RACISM ffs! - I wonder how many people will sympathize with a woman who not only lucked out by marrying royalty but noped out of that because she wasn't the star of the show?

And, not only did she viciously bite the hand that fed her, she displayed her disloyal and vindictive nature by revealing private family information to a world-wide audience for money. She a role model for grifters not children or young women. I don't know why anyone would want a bar of her.

by Anonymousreply 89July 16, 2021 2:07 PM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 16, 2021 2:15 PM

R90, I’m not going to watch a “for entertainment purposes only” video, but I’ll think about the premise.

She doesn’t want to share the spotlight. Neither does he. Although the only reason people are interested in her is because she’s married to him. What a quandary.

by Anonymousreply 91July 16, 2021 2:19 PM

Lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 16, 2021 2:25 PM

Sixth Sense 30 minutes ago Hazbeen's wife now has everything she ever wanted. 💍 Hazbeen🤡 now has lost everything he ever had.

by Anonymousreply 93July 16, 2021 2:27 PM

I have a bone to pick with you sexist jerks on the previous thread who claimed Prince Charles wanted the Edinburgh title for Prince Louis.

What am I - chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 94July 16, 2021 2:27 PM

Personally, I've seen enough Ruth Bader Ginsburg etc children's books prominently displayed in gift shops to last me a lifetime, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 95July 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Charlotte will be Queen of Hearts.

by Anonymousreply 96July 16, 2021 2:29 PM

LOL is Megsie suing The Washington Examiner now?

by Anonymousreply 97July 16, 2021 2:36 PM

That was the cry of a loser, R96. If you think I'm falling for that one you've got another think coming.

And if you think I'm going to be passed over for the one who giggles all the time, you've got another.

by Anonymousreply 98July 16, 2021 2:53 PM

How very dare you, R89. If “Pearl” is based on Meghan’s life story, it will have her singlehandedly defeating sexism in Procter&Gamble’s ad, calming the civil unrest and rioting in Argentina, curing hunger and the lack of maxipads in third world countries culminating in the blazing success of her UN speech, and yes, singlehandedly modernizing the monarchy in a small obscure European country and rescuing the handsome prince to start a new life together in California - barefooted, with merely $20 million left to him by his mother (who totally has a spiritual connection with Meghan through the bench and tells her regularly that Meghan is her favorite daughter-in-law) and $2 million provided annually by his father. Who wouldn’t sympathize with that?

by Anonymousreply 99July 16, 2021 4:17 PM

Allegedly H&M are facing financial problems as they have lost $22 million in the last year alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 16, 2021 4:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2021 4:31 PM

Tbh, Charles needs no one to be a jealous cunt.

They're losing money for sure, I doubt Netflix will pay a lot for "Pearl" and their "Invictus special".

by Anonymousreply 102July 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Honestly, have they ever had a new or fresh thought ever? Everything they do is basically a shitty cover-song of the original.

by Anonymousreply 103July 16, 2021 4:36 PM

Nope, Meghan is the basic Instagram girl/influencer. She copy-paste stuff to look good but that's it.

Producing cartoons is a real job, there's only a bunch of people really good at it. When you have read a "child book" you can fear for "Pearl". the feminist woke cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 104July 16, 2021 4:42 PM

Not only do they have to pay California property tax but also substantial state income tax as well. This is on top of federal income tax. As someone living in California and makes mid $200k income, I can tell you that close to half of that gross income is lost to taxes, and I don’t even own a house. I’m sure the Sussexes have financial advisers who are adept at helping the rich hide money or not pay taxes by using loopholes. But that only gets you so far, and it’s partly why wealthy celebs go broke. They have more money going out than coming in, while that’s sustainable for a few short years, it won’t last because the IRS won’t take bullshit. You’ll notice it’s almost always the tax man/ IRS that bites them in the ass.

This is why the Sussexes purchased the Montecito estate using LLC and “rents” the property out per advertisement. I doubt they rent it out for real but in advertising it as such, they can then write off upkeep of the mansion as business expenses.

by Anonymousreply 105July 16, 2021 5:07 PM

I knew a guy that rented a condo at the beach & it was a lot of work to demonstrate it was a rental: you had to provide proof that you had renters all or part of the year, charging fair market value, etc. You may be right - they are *renting* that property & they likely have shrewd financial advisors, but I would think there are easier ways to hide your $$

by Anonymousreply 106July 16, 2021 5:15 PM

Harry had been taken care of his whole life by his family and had no idea that things like bills even existed. His anger at the Oprah interview over being cut off shows how entitled he really is. He has a huge trust fund and Charles gave him more money besides when Harry left, and he was still whinging about being taken off the public teat.

by Anonymousreply 107July 16, 2021 5:18 PM

Megs has a past history of IRS issues.

by Anonymousreply 108July 16, 2021 5:21 PM

R11 - I agree with you. Meghan will deliver.

by Anonymousreply 109July 16, 2021 5:24 PM

R12 - Who cares???? What is Your problem with Sunshine Sachs?

I am sure Sunshine Sachs has over a thousand clients in one form or another.

by Anonymousreply 110July 16, 2021 5:27 PM

R109 Sure, because her children book is such a masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 111July 16, 2021 5:35 PM

R83 - William is a bully and rage monster who does not have the temperament to be King.

by Anonymousreply 112July 16, 2021 5:41 PM

R112 Meghan is a bully, Harry is a rage monster.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 113July 16, 2021 5:45 PM

R112, as no King has ever been before him, obviously.

At least he isn't a quitter...

by Anonymousreply 114July 16, 2021 5:45 PM

Where does this angry William cliché comes from?

I never saw him angry in public. He never fought with paparazzi. I saw him pissed from time to time but ever enraged, while we have pictures of Harry raging, fighting and poutting but he's (was) the jolly good lad.

by Anonymousreply 115July 16, 2021 5:49 PM

R109 - There is nothing wrong with Meghan's book. If you did not like it, why did you buy a copy?

Children's author's like Theodor Seuss Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss) only come around about once every 100 years. Most books published, especially children's books are not that great.

R108 - Meghan does not have a history of issues with the IRS. If you have a receipt for this statement, please post the link. You are as bad as Donald Trump.

I am not a Megan fan but I do despise online campaigns of hate, lies, deceit and disinformation when the poster can hide behind a keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 116July 16, 2021 5:50 PM

R116 Lol, what the fuck are you doing on DL tho????

It's the place of pointless bitchery. Go post on Jezebel or Celebitchy if you're feelings are so hurt.

by Anonymousreply 117July 16, 2021 5:52 PM

"At least he isn't a quitter..."

R114 - A quitter of what? Harry left the family firm. Harry is 6th in-line to the throne and not that important. Charles wants a sample size slim-downed monarchy. Harry was not needed. Harry was not wanted. What do you want Harry to do? Do you want Harry to end up like Edward? Harry saw the handwriting on the wall. I would have left too!

by Anonymousreply 118July 16, 2021 5:54 PM

R117 - I am so sick of all the disinformation and hate campaigns. There is no where left to have an intelligent discussion.

by Anonymousreply 119July 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Edward is one of the few decent people of the family, there's no shame being like Edward.

But yeah, Harry is more an Andrew. Jealous, petty and money and rank obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 120July 16, 2021 5:57 PM

R119 I fail to see what you bring on the table.

by Anonymousreply 121July 16, 2021 5:58 PM

William doesn't have a rage problem. Harry, on the other hand, has had rage problems since he was a small child. More bullshit deflection on the part of the Sussex camp.

by Anonymousreply 122July 16, 2021 5:59 PM

R119 what the fuck are you doing on the DL sweetie. We come here to bitch and we don't give a shit about some grifting D list actress.

by Anonymousreply 123July 16, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]There is no where left to have an intelligent discussion.

Well, don't let us hold you up from looking elsewhere, because in make goods for intelligent discussion, I can tell you your tut-tutting isn't a useful substitute.

by Anonymousreply 124July 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Sweet R109... high odds you missed my point and my sarcasm in R11.

She's all talk.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 125July 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Meghan has past issues with the IRS, said to be true of Doria too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 16, 2021 6:21 PM

True, R122, it runs in the Spencer family. Diana spoke to her own psychiatrist about Harry's rage as a small child, before the divorce, or obv, her death.

by Anonymousreply 127July 16, 2021 6:24 PM

r118 Harrys behaviour in requesting a half in half out arrangement in January 2020, something which he announced to the world does not tally with your description of events. For some reason the asking for a half in half out arrangement is being rewritten out of history by Harry and Meghan. Probably because it doesn't much with the struggling heroes who triumphed against an evil system fairytale narrative their trying to sell.

by Anonymousreply 128July 16, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] [R108] - Meghan does not have a history of issues with the IRS. If you have a receipt for this statement, please post the link. You are as bad as Donald Trump.

Not R108 here, but you OBVIOUSLY do not know of what you speak, R116. (“You are as bad as Donald Trump.”, R116.)

It is well-known that MM went to court with the IRS. And lost.

As other posters have said above, quite a few of those in her family have experienced financial issues: IRS court cases, bankruptcies, etc.

* Receipt below for you, R116, who seem to be knowledge/internet-research-challenged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 16, 2021 6:31 PM

If that is true, sounds like his legacy from his mother is gone. But if they spent the $3 million they got from his father, he might have a few pennies left from Diana.

Unless you believe that hogwash that she brought a $5 million fortune into the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 130July 16, 2021 6:38 PM

Those LSA ladies are great, aren't they?

Ask for receipts, and they've got them.

by Anonymousreply 131July 16, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote] It is well-known that MM went to court with the IRS. And lost.

If you read the whole LSA thread someone who DOES know what they are talking about explains that this is common and insignificant. Make a big deal of it if you wish, but you sound a bit desperate.

by Anonymousreply 132July 16, 2021 7:18 PM

No, the Sussexes are desperate now that Harry's trust fund is depleted and Daddy Charles has closed his wallet. Their latest attempts to convince the public they still have a real connection with the BRF have been met with derision as Harry's family members have made it clear they want nothing to do with him and his grifting wife.

The only possibilities the Sussexes have left are to actually make some content for Netflix and get paid. Since both of them hate to work, that's not going to earn them much. Meghan probably already has her eyes open for a billionaire as she prepares to leave Harry behind and jump up the ladder again.

Good luck, sweetie. At 40 years old and the mother of 2 small kids, you're gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 16, 2021 7:22 PM

"For some reason the asking for a half in half out arrangement is being rewritten out of history by Harry and Meghan."

R128 - Was not a half in half out arrangement exactly what Sophie & Edward had at they time of their marriage. They were allowed work in their own for-profit businesses but would perform royal duties when called upon by QEII to do as such?

Harry & Meghan are totally out. I believe Harry always wanted to be totally out dating to a time years before he met Meghan. I think the "half in half out arrangement" was an offer by the Sussexes to compromise if QEII and Charles needed them on a part-time basis. QEII and Charles did not them at all so they 100% left the firm. I know you will not admit it but there is a difference between a family owned business and the family itself.

I have no doubt that you do not like Harry. If you do not like Harry then I am sure you are very happy he left the family firm. If Harry really is bad as you make him out to be (and he may very well be) then I am sure QEII and Charles are glad he is living in Montecito, California and not working for "The Firm".

by Anonymousreply 134July 16, 2021 7:35 PM

"No, the Sussexes are desperate now that Harry's trust fund is depleted "

R133 - How do you know that Harry has depleted his trust fund? Have you seen his bank statement? Are you his banker?

I hate to spoil your day but the Sussexes have plenty of money or they could not live as they live. If the Sussexes had no money, they could easily get a $40-$50 million advance to write a 100% tell all book.

by Anonymousreply 135July 16, 2021 7:39 PM

r134 If Harry always wanted to be fully out why did he PUBLICLY reveal in January 2020 that he asked for a half in half out arrangement. Your point really does not tally with the basic facts. Lots of rewriting of history going on.

by Anonymousreply 136July 16, 2021 7:46 PM

R135 no, they couldn't - they shot their wad with Oprah and most of their grand revelations turned out to be lies. Netflix hired them to add value to their giant hit The Crown. They were supposed to be a reality TV show filling in personal reminiscences on what was shown in the show. But they weren't supposed to be throwing hissy fits and attacking the royal family. They turned out to be a disaster. They were supposed to be charming. They're whiny little bitches. Netflix is pissed. Parental leave? You think somebody at Netflix gets parental leave?

The cartoon's a joke. You know how many years it takes to make an animated film? They've delivered no content whatsoever in the months since their big proclamation. Half an hour on Spotify? FFS

by Anonymousreply 137July 16, 2021 7:46 PM

Isn't Harry coming out with a book in the fall? And, of course, there's Finding Freedom 2.0 coming out, too, with Scobie promising dirt about a "future head of state." I'm sure they're commanding upwards of $50M. 🤥

by Anonymousreply 138July 16, 2021 7:47 PM

r135 Well why was he complaining his Dad cut him off financially if he has a decent trust fund? Sounds like spoiled brat behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 139July 16, 2021 7:48 PM

r138 Why are you sure they are commanding such a fee? Such a big claim but do you have evidence for it? Sounds more like what they wish which ain't the same as reality.

by Anonymousreply 140July 16, 2021 7:50 PM

Scobie's got a problem. He was counting on the royals to never explain/never complain. His ITV BS got called out by the Palace and had to be deleted, a sure sign that any more lies he tries to get into print, he'll get attacked in court. His only 'source' is the Harkles. He was a part-time gossip columnist at trashy tabloid Heat mag. He's their publicist mascarading as a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 141July 16, 2021 7:52 PM

r135 Even if that were true they'd still be what they are now millionaires having a tantrum because they want to lead a billionaire lifestyle. A telll all book would shut off permanently much more lucrative options for them as no one in politics or business would trust them.

by Anonymousreply 142July 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Dumbfuck Sussex fans are projecting, hence now William has an anger issue, when it was Harry who was photographed being angry and consoled by Kate in public. Think of it, Harry as s grown man had difficulty controlling his anger while in public and had to be talked down by Kate. Now who’s the one who has emotional dysregulation?

by Anonymousreply 143July 16, 2021 7:54 PM

He's supposedly Harper's Bazaar "royal correspondent." I wonder how longer he'll be employed by them since he'll not be shut off from any reliable sources if he isn't already.

by Anonymousreply 144July 16, 2021 7:56 PM

A sparkling personality at the Olympics. Telling that no one around him looks surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 16, 2021 7:57 PM

So I see a so called tell all book is now being mentioned a lot. Is this a new variation on their obvious blackmail tactics? I actually think in the long term even the medium term actually that a tell all book would strengthen the royal family as once the dust settles most people will see it for what it is.. The Oprah interview was their biggest chance to damage the royal family. That opposite has been and gone and nothing else they do will reach those same heights. They've peaked whether they realise it or not.

by Anonymousreply 146July 16, 2021 8:04 PM

r146 Opposite should say opportunity. That opportunity to do maximum harm to the royal family has passed.Ship sailed.

by Anonymousreply 147July 16, 2021 8:08 PM

Nobody on God's Green Earth is going to get a 50 million dollar advance for any book. Jesus Christ himself couldn't get that. Where the fuck are Sussex stans getting these figures?

by Anonymousreply 148July 16, 2021 8:14 PM

^he'll be shut off from any...

R144

by Anonymousreply 149July 16, 2021 8:14 PM

There is an updated version of the Scobie book due out in August and Harry's memoirs due in fall. Also, the doc with the "secretly recorded" audio, vids, photos, etc

by Anonymousreply 150July 16, 2021 8:15 PM

I imagine anything secretly recorded is going to get nuked by palace lawyers before broadcast, especially if it's in private family areas. And will show them as pretty nasty for planning this and not the compassionate image they want to present.

by Anonymousreply 151July 16, 2021 8:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 16, 2021 9:12 PM

The news of it is already out there and they have already publicly shaken down his family while his elderly grandfather was dying. No one buys the image but for stupid people, and not that many of them, their PR makes it seem otherwise. The ratings for O3 were low and hardly any copies of the picture book sold.

by Anonymousreply 153July 16, 2021 9:13 PM

So they want the child christened into the toxic system they so daringly escaped last year? Hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 154July 16, 2021 9:20 PM

Of course they want Lilimerch to be christened as a member of the BRF, as a future princess, that is.

Plonkers.

by Anonymousreply 155July 16, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote] If you read the whole LSA thread someone who DOES know what they are talking about explains that this is common and insignificant. Make a big deal of it if you wish, but you sound a bit desperate.

It is you that comes across as desperate, R132. Once again projecting: receipts were requested for Markle’s IRS difficulties. They were provided. Now you minimise the receipts and project onto those providing the receipts.

As anyone with any intelligence can note, this has nothing to do with what LSA fonts say or what happens to others.

This is about the IRS issues that were denied by R116. Receipts. Provided.

by Anonymousreply 156July 16, 2021 9:37 PM

They can't demand The Queen be there, she wasn't even there for Louis's and some of her other great grandchildren.

Plus now they get open about the christening and guests? With Archie's they barely wanted anyone to know it was happening!

by Anonymousreply 157July 16, 2021 9:38 PM

r151 Vindicativeness ,entitlement, hypocrisy and jealousy are much more what many people associate them. Those negative traits are emblematic of them not compassion.

Do they not realise that the majority of people have rumbled them or class them as non entities of little if any interest? The proportion of people rooting for them and emotionally invested in them succeeding is likely to be vanishingly small.

by Anonymousreply 158July 16, 2021 9:51 PM

Warning: the linked article may make you gag or vomit at the level of unaware narcissism. This is why any self-respecting DL gay love to hate the delusional woman. I wonder how much $$$ they pay CNN to write these seemingly unending articles extolling the Sussexes’ virtues? No wonder they’re rumored to have money troubles.

“ Actress,' 'senior royal,' philanthropist,' 'broadcaster,' 'author'... and now, she can add 'executive producer' to her extraordinary list of roles.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 16, 2021 10:49 PM

Put the adjective "failed" before all of those titles and you get a clearer picture.

by Anonymousreply 160July 16, 2021 11:08 PM

[quote]If the Sussexes had no money, they could easily get a $40-$50 million advance to write a 100% tell all book.

What's left to tell? That's true anyway?

by Anonymousreply 161July 16, 2021 11:18 PM

R116, you are probably not a librarian or parent, so you might not know that there are many beloved contemporary children’s and YA authors right this very minute.

It’s true that an author/illustrator like Dr. Seuss doesn’t come along all that often, but right now we have a few that come close. They have some winning formula of silly and sweet and mischief.

I think Meghan’s book had nice illustrations, but the book will not be something small children will ask for again and again. It’s pleasant but dull. My only real objection to it is that she waltzed in with her celebrity and shoved a talented nobody down to the bottom of the pile.

But you can’t force children to like what they don’t like, and you never know what’s going to catch on.

by Anonymousreply 162July 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Add cheating cunt who cant suck dick to that list (look up her sad bj on xvideos if you like to be bored stiff).

by Anonymousreply 163July 17, 2021 12:42 AM

Who are they to demand that HM attend the christening? It would be hilarious if they did indeed hold it at Windsor and none of the RF attended.

by Anonymousreply 164July 17, 2021 12:51 AM

R163 aw Cory I’m sorry. You were a catch… For a while…

by Anonymousreply 165July 17, 2021 12:51 AM

Catch and release.

It's the ethical grift.

by Anonymousreply 166July 17, 2021 1:09 AM

r159 CNN slipping into the toilet end of journalism way too much in relation to malicious phoney Meghan. The broadcaster has no credibility on this issue after they pulled the online article about the contradictions and inaccuracies in Meghans Oprah interview from their website.

by Anonymousreply 167July 17, 2021 1:30 AM

R167 They were told how it was gonna be.

by Anonymousreply 168July 17, 2021 1:50 AM

by Anonymousreply 169July 17, 2021 1:50 AM

r168 Then as a news source supposedly with integrity they should push back against that and not be passive.

by Anonymousreply 170July 17, 2021 1:56 AM

If you have to call yourself as philanthropist then chances are that you're not really one. Also, maybe Meghan should stick to doing one thing and doing it well before jumping onto the next title du jour that she wants to label herself. "Senior royal"? WTF, like being royal wasn't enough she has to be referred to as "senior royal" notwithstanding she was a royal for what, 5 minutes? There's padding the resumé and there's straight up lying hoping not to be found out, and this bitch is lying publicly on a worldwide scale and expecting not to be caught.

by Anonymousreply 171July 17, 2021 2:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 17, 2021 2:48 AM

Why would they even want to christen their kids? They aren't religious and they hate the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 173July 17, 2021 3:26 AM

Is that the Angela Levin that retweeted incorrect information from a hate account as fact. Just this week. Note she says 'I heard'. So a rumour pushed as fact to feed the racists.

by Anonymousreply 174July 17, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote]They aren't religious and they hate the royal family.

But they are attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 175July 17, 2021 3:27 AM

They may get the christening, but they'll never get the Queen's attendance. After their behavior over the past year, I wouldn't even bet on the christening, really.

by Anonymousreply 176July 17, 2021 3:33 AM

Meghan has been working on this Netflix animates series since her wedding...........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 17, 2021 3:44 AM

Lilibucks! So apt! I love it!

by Anonymousreply 178July 17, 2021 3:48 AM

I wish I could take credit for it, r178, but I think it was the excellent YT commentator River who first came up with it.

by Anonymousreply 179July 17, 2021 3:50 AM

From the Page Six article: "Meghan Markle started working on her Netflix project with David Furnish long before she quit England, back in 2018 — Page Six is told.

We’re told that Markle and Furnish were in active discussions with Netflix while Markle was still a senior working member of the royal family, and still living behind Palace walls.

In March, Markle’s husband Prince Harry insisted they had never thought of teaming up with streamers such as Netflix and Spotify until they sensationally quit the UK for the US in early 2020 — and were cut off financially by his family."

There they are again, caught in yet ANOTHER lie.

by Anonymousreply 180July 17, 2021 3:53 AM

It's almost like they can't stop themselves from lying. I doubt even they know what the truth is at this point.

by Anonymousreply 181July 17, 2021 4:17 AM

They should come over here and sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 182July 17, 2021 4:50 AM

Do the animated series isn’t even in production, they’re just announcing it as a project to be produced. No script, no animation team, nothing but an idea that’s been developing for couple of years. Why announce it now? Could it be because they’re starved for attention and Netflix needs something in return publicity wise since they’ve got nothing substantive so far. Or Megs is shaking in fear a la former bff Chrissy Teigen, waiting for news of bullying to drop. Preemptive strike to remind the world what an inspiring and kind woman she is and a role model too.

by Anonymousreply 183July 17, 2021 5:14 AM

So, she works on Pearl since 2018 and still only has some vague ideas and a name. This show should be in production right now, but Meghan is inconsistent.

Anyway, we've heard about her cartoon idea since march last year. I clearly remember that. It's all about calming Netflix dawn: "See! I'm working! Don't drop me now!"

by Anonymousreply 184July 17, 2021 5:35 AM

Animated series is cheap to produce, so if they really wanted to move the project along, they could have done so. Either they’re having trouble finding talent and paying decent talent to make it happen, or they have no fucking clue of how to take a show beyond a concept. It takes talent to translate an abstract idea into actual product. Neither Harry nor Meghan have any experience creating or producing shows.

by Anonymousreply 185July 17, 2021 5:45 AM

[quote] Animated series is cheap to produce, so if they really wanted to move the project along, they could have done so.

Isn’t animation labour (and time) intensive, R185?

I have a friend at Dreamworks who animates. During a tour of the facility, he stressed how long it takes to put together a movie.

Not defending Markle here by any stretch. It will be fascinating to see if - and what - she comes up with as her prior creative efforts have flopped.

by Anonymousreply 186July 17, 2021 6:05 AM

That depends, Dreamworks are the elite so it takes time but most anime doesn't need as much time and work.

Anyway, since 2018, the cartoon should be in production right now.

by Anonymousreply 187July 17, 2021 6:30 AM

Is this like when DJT kept making announcements without actually delivering on them?

"Pearl" is Smeg's giant healthcare plan book given to Lesley Stahl.

by Anonymousreply 188July 17, 2021 11:17 AM

You mean to tell me that elves and fairies have been working on this animated thingy all this time - before Megxit - and we haven’t heard a whisper about it?

Bullshit.

This sounds like her Vogue issue. Everyone else did all the work and she gets to put her name on it. Considering the maelstrom they’ve lived in the past three years, there’s no way she did a day’s work on an animated series. They let her name the character - that’s the extent of her input.

by Anonymousreply 189July 17, 2021 11:45 AM

The new tactic here seems to be to start a bunch of threads hostile to Prince William.

Can I suggest we all give 'em the F&F treatment? Though it will be a test of will.

by Anonymousreply 190July 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Of dear, who COULD this be referring to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 17, 2021 1:45 PM

They DO look chummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 17, 2021 1:46 PM

Harry and Meghan are all image and mo substance. They’re like morons who think the most important aspect of starting a company is impressively decorated office in a ritzy neighborhood. Little thought goes into actual products the company is selling. They then expect people to fall for the shiny image that’s selling mediocre products or the promise of products too good to be true. Usually these ill-thought out ventures fail quickly or sink into oblivion. But Harry and Meghan are doing this with backing of Netflix and Spotify.

The animated series will materialize eventually and there will be a promotion to hype it up. Animated series are definitely less expensive to produce, we’re not talking Disney or Dreamworks level here, it’s an animated series for kids. However, popularity for these shows can’t be forced, you do need a creative team with experience. Dora the Explorer was developed by a team at Nickelodeon and went through test groups and tweaking before the final product. It’s harder than it looks.

Look for Meghan to borrow elements from Dora but fucking it up because she can’t help but lecture down to others. For those who aren’t familiar with Dora the Explorer, the show’s plot and plot devices are not as simplistic as you’d think. The reason kids like it is due largely in the participatory aspect of the show.

by Anonymousreply 193July 17, 2021 3:33 PM

I have a friend on an animation team (for a non major studio) and things are constantly being revised and meetings about this and that. He spent a week redoing a sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 194July 17, 2021 4:12 PM

David Furnish has a job???

by Anonymousreply 195July 17, 2021 4:28 PM

^ Yeah - a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 196July 17, 2021 4:44 PM

Thinking about it, they really are attention whores. There are no stolen or intrusive photos from Montecito, no one seeming to track them when they leave the house to pap them. If they get publicity, 99% of the time it is generated. What does that tell you?

by Anonymousreply 197July 17, 2021 5:00 PM

No one cares? Do I win a prize, R197?

by Anonymousreply 198July 17, 2021 5:08 PM

R198

by Anonymousreply 199July 17, 2021 5:09 PM

I'm trying to imagine what Harry does all day long. Normally, he would be out a-shootin', partying at country houses, he would be visiting with his old mates, going to pubs, getting shit-faced. He has no friends in LA. He must be lonely with only the rescue chickens to talk to.

by Anonymousreply 200July 17, 2021 5:22 PM

Most people simply don't care about them so there's no point for fotographers and publishers to get a few shots of them. They're irrelevant.

The fact that hardly anybody seems to be interested in them should tell them something ... ok, we're speaking of the Dumb & Deluded Duo, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 201July 17, 2021 5:31 PM

They're basically reality TV celebs - they're poorer versions of the Kardashians. Meghan wanted to be an 'influencer' so I guess that's what she is but she couldn't cope with anybody criticizing her so she closed her social media accounts though I assume she has burner accounts everywhere and maybe she's posting on here too. What the fuck else does she do all day long? Clean those 16 toilets?

by Anonymousreply 202July 17, 2021 5:37 PM

Playing computer games, watching videos, reading the comments about him and the wife on social media - and I guess he does spend time with Archie while the wife is off to create her pretentious phoney producer crap and looking for attention and adulation.

Let's face it, he has served his purpose by now - making her famous, that is. At this point he isn't needed any longer. Let me put it like the famous German writer Friedrich Schiller did in one of his plays: The Moor has done his duty, the Moor can go.

I wonder if Harry is already aware of him having got more and more redundant in his heroine's life.

by Anonymousreply 203July 17, 2021 5:38 PM

The people paying attention are just hate watching at this point. I know this is the first time in a week that I have read and posted about them and I use to do both daily. They have been a great escape from the daily fear and anxiety of current events happening right now, but as has been pointed out here , they have nothing else to offer.

by Anonymousreply 204July 17, 2021 5:48 PM

Apologies if this has already been posted. I do think they have dark money backers who wish to harm TRF and I have from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 205July 17, 2021 5:52 PM

If they don't have backers, they have to be running out of the money to pay Sunshine Sacs soon. If there is a sharp drop-off in the number of articles being published about them this fall, you'll know it's because they can't pay for the exposure anymore.

by Anonymousreply 206July 17, 2021 5:57 PM

Agree R205 & R206.

by Anonymousreply 207July 17, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]He must be lonely with only the rescue chickens to talk to.

Well, I'm sure the chickens are stashed far enough away from the house that he can spend some quiet time away from the glare of the media stashed away with his chickens. It's a good place to stash your extra time. Harry must be thankful he can stash his extra time with the chickens.

by Anonymousreply 208July 17, 2021 6:06 PM

At least Harry has someone who’s on his intellectual level to talk to, but poor Archie must be bored of him by now.

by Anonymousreply 209July 17, 2021 6:09 PM

That link at R191 - those commenting are mentioning many other Youtubers or other social media sites discussing the Sussex duo. Including, of course, Lady C and River but others I've never tried.

Do you suppose Harry & the wife read them too?

by Anonymousreply 210July 17, 2021 6:15 PM

Hen-pecked at every turn…

by Anonymousreply 211July 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Most of them are just monetizing the differing narratives promulgated by Sunshine Shite, R210. There are many better uses of time now that summer is here than wallowing in the disingenuous PR.

I do enjoy Lady C from time to time, many prefer to increase the vid speed, but i find some of her anecdotes charming. I am listening to the Audible version of her H&M book (she is not the narrator) and she brings a lot of her Diana books info in for context. Haz truly is the WORST of both of his parents. She included a lot of the bullying info and the book came out quite a while ago. I think the "Anne" story came from other Euorpean royals and related to Meghan's behavior at Sandringham before the wedding and how she did not seem to be a good fit on many levels, and of course the world sees that now.

by Anonymousreply 212July 17, 2021 6:43 PM

I remember reading Harry bitching about the comments on a Daily Mail article criticizing him. Like the Daily Mail is supposed to weed out people trashing them. Ties in well with his claim the 1st Amendment is bonkers. You may only praise the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 213July 17, 2021 6:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 17, 2021 10:03 PM

I've found that Lady C's videos are perfect at 1.25 speed.

by Anonymousreply 215July 17, 2021 10:16 PM

I wonder if, a la John John, something will compel Harry to fly his own plane some day?

by Anonymousreply 216July 17, 2021 10:18 PM

That Daily Mail article has some interesting tidbits:

[quote]Members, who sign up for $4,500 (£3,250) a year and then pay another $3,450 per trip, are invited to exit the plane on their own private stairs before any other passenger, then are loaded into the back of their own SUV and driven to a private terminal where they get to collect their luggage and go through passport control in splendid isolation.

No wonder they're running through his trust fund at massive speed.

[quote]One of my LA sources describes him as a 'baller' – slang for those with great wealth who don't mind spending it. She says he runs with a non-famous crowd of tech billionaires. 'He's not in with the showbiz lot as people would expect. 'Rather than spending time with Adele or James Corden, Harry and Meghan are hanging with the LA rich set: owners of big companies, jet-set types with private planes. '

The only one who will be surprised when Meghan leaves him for one of those tech billionaires is Harry.

by Anonymousreply 217July 17, 2021 10:19 PM

From r214's link:

"Members, who sign up for $4,500 (£3,250) a year and then pay another $3,450 per trip, are invited to exit the plane on their own private stairs before any other passenger, then are loaded into the back of their own SUV and driven to a private terminal where they get to collect their luggage and go through passport control in splendid isolation."

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 218July 17, 2021 10:19 PM

Jinx, R218!

by Anonymousreply 219July 17, 2021 10:20 PM

What the hell does Harry have to talk to tech billionaires about? Also, where are they getting the money to hang with that crowd?

by Anonymousreply 220July 17, 2021 10:22 PM

The article explains. He's a curiosity:

[quote]'Harry seems really relaxed being the star in the room. He's usually the only famous person at the parties he goes to, and it seems to suit him that he's the one everyone flocks to.'

Poor Harry. What will he do when the tech billionaires grow bored with having a pet Royal at their parties?

by Anonymousreply 221July 17, 2021 10:24 PM

How is that any different from the life he supposedly hated and stated that he felt was a zoo? Being on display is being on display.

by Anonymousreply 222July 17, 2021 10:28 PM

It's not different. He changed one gilded cage for another, less secure gilded cage. At least his position as the grandson/son/brother of the monarch was unassailable in the UK. In the US, he's on a slippery slope to a fadeout as soon as the novelty dies.

by Anonymousreply 223July 17, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] In the US, he's on a slippery slope to a fadeout as soon as the novelty dies.

This.

When he crashes and burns, it will be a spectacle for the world to see.

by Anonymousreply 224July 17, 2021 10:39 PM

Like his mother, he's going to make one helluva story someday. What Diana and Harry never understood is that a studied dullness is what leads to a long and successful Royal career.

by Anonymousreply 225July 17, 2021 10:44 PM

R225, yeah had Diana lived, she'd have burned out very soon - she had already embarked on a career as a Eurotrash celeb, inviting paparazzi to follow her around on the Riviera

by Anonymousreply 226July 17, 2021 10:48 PM

They will divorce and Harry will beg TRF to take him back. They most likely will but he will be largely isolated.

by Anonymousreply 227July 17, 2021 10:51 PM

They'll take him back so that he doesn't embarrass them further, but his career as a public royal is over. He'll get a comfortable house and income and be left to amuse himself as best he can. We'll see if his titled friends let him back in the golden circle, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 228July 17, 2021 10:55 PM

They aren't going to divorce unless Megs has snared someone far wealthier than Haz. Or she feels that she has enough dirt to blackmail the RF into a very hefty settlement. Neither seems very likely to happen.

by Anonymousreply 229July 17, 2021 11:02 PM

They'll divorce but she'll never remarry as she'd lose her title which appears to be the thing she's most interested in. Don't know how attractive a 40 year old woman is as a trophy wife for a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 230July 17, 2021 11:08 PM

If Harry had punched the Queen in the face, he couldn’t have done anything more likely to get himself cut off than by going on global television and leaking private comments and phone conversations. Charles and William will always love him and “be there” for him to some extent, but his days in the inner circle of trust at the core of the family are gone.

by Anonymousreply 231July 17, 2021 11:12 PM

Dropping the name and price of the private travel service means Harry is merching it- he isn't paying for it.

Being the only star in the room - NOT WILLIAM. This is what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 232July 17, 2021 11:14 PM

Good points, r232

by Anonymousreply 233July 17, 2021 11:19 PM

I think we saw picture of the "private stairs" in the pictures from when he returned from the statue unveiling.

by Anonymousreply 234July 17, 2021 11:21 PM

The fact that Meghan (you know she organizes their social life) has them running with CEOs and tech billionaires shows you exactly what her next move is. She's gotten the fame she wanted from Harry but not the money. The next husband will be all about the money.

by Anonymousreply 235July 17, 2021 11:35 PM

R226 That's a good point. Had Diana lived, I don't think it would have been a very pretty life. She was a mess of the highest order.

I suppose there was a slim chance she might have pulled herself together but....seems unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 236July 17, 2021 11:37 PM

R236 I imagine she would have dated Hugh Grant at some point

by Anonymousreply 237July 17, 2021 11:49 PM

I think aging would have suited Diana...taken the pressure off a bit.

She would have had facelifts and all the rest, but she was never a sex symbol so I think it would have been moderate & discreet.

I do think she had borderline personality disorder, but people tend to age out of this and become more self-aware as they get older. This would have allowed her to find another Haznat Khan type& manage a mature relationship, with less drama and histrionics. Maybe had another child.

She’s have embraced the regal “mother of the future king/adoring Grandmother” role, I think.

She’d have hated Markle, no matter what Harry says. Hated her.

by Anonymousreply 238July 17, 2021 11:59 PM

^Excuse my typos^

by Anonymousreply 239July 18, 2021 12:00 AM

I don’t think Diana would have had a facelift. I also don’t think Charles would have married Camilla had Diana lived.

by Anonymousreply 240July 18, 2021 12:30 AM

R240 he wouldn't. As long as Diana was alive, his marriage to Camilla would have been viewed by religious extremists as bigamy. The fact that her first husband is still alive is already an argument against her being seen as Queen Consort.

I think they would have eventually got back together again.

by Anonymousreply 241July 18, 2021 12:34 AM

Agree that he’s merching the PS service. What good is it if no one knows it exists? You’ve got to flex it.

by Anonymousreply 242July 18, 2021 12:43 AM

Harry can’t compete with all the Big Dick Energy in Silicon Valley or even Hollywood, for that matter. As soon as he starts up with all the “I gave up everything for you” crying & whining, his fate will be sealed. she’ll leave him for whichever mystery billionaire she’s got waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 243July 18, 2021 12:44 AM

I just wish there was a fast-forward button for this Harklemageddon. It will be deliciously entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 244July 18, 2021 12:51 AM

R243, I would not be surprised if the hand of Markus Anderson and Soho House are involved in her upgrade. There were some rumors that Haz was living in the one in LA.

by Anonymousreply 245July 18, 2021 12:55 AM

I don't see what appeal she has to a billionaire. They usually like their lives to be private, and she treats publicity like oxygen. And 40 is 60 in rich guy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 246July 18, 2021 1:14 AM

I'm not sure what everyone is saying about the CofE not being happy with Charles marrying Camilla while Diana was still alive is true. I mean, doesn't the CofE largely exist solely because a monarch wanted to do just that?

by Anonymousreply 247July 18, 2021 1:23 AM

She's dead meat on the re-sale market. She's old, nuts, and a transparent grifter. She will have the albatross around her neck of being a lightening rod for controversy after her divorce from Harry, because anyone with a clear mind is on the side of the Royals. She will be the equivalent of rotting decomposing roadkill on the side of a highway swarming with flies.

by Anonymousreply 248July 18, 2021 1:24 AM

r243 I would be geniunely surprised if the tech billionaires were that stupid. also the point has been made the leak about the luxury airport service has happened because of a desire to merch.That makes me question the motives and truthfulness behind other claims in the article that they are mixing in with tech billionaires.This may well be more wish fulfillment and manifesting.

But also tech billionaires are a relatively rare breed so who could they be? Any names or suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 249July 18, 2021 1:37 AM

Please, he's a Chief Impact Officer! Can you even begin to grasp the weightiness of responsibility that goes with such a position!

by Anonymousreply 250July 18, 2021 1:43 AM

I think you’re giving her future prospects too much credit. There will be a guy, not a billionaire but a multi millionaire, who is looking to raise his profile. Multimillionaires are a dime a dozen now. This will be a guy who wants to bypass the usual public relations circuit ( donating to politicians, donating to the Symphony, all the other ways to get entry into the right circle). His money + her ability to attract publicity. So he’ll be using her as much as she’s using him.

by Anonymousreply 251July 18, 2021 2:29 AM

R240 & R241 Charles would have married Camilla eventually even if Diana had not died. I think it was a given after Charles and Diana separated that Camilla was going to become Charles' official partner. I think the wedding might have come later than 2005, but it would have happened particularly if Diana remarried. I actually think that the anti-Camilla sentiment would have waned if Diana lived (her death has made her something of a saint to some) and I think eventually Diana would have publicly accepted Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 252July 18, 2021 2:38 AM

Yep, Meggy Sharp isn't done with climbing.

Remember, the Dangling Tendrils threads predicted she'd exit the BRF within 18 months and we were called racists for it. She isn't subtle with her plans or in her methods. She'd like a billionaire but she'll take a generous half-a-billionaire who will not require the emotional labor Harry does. Bonus points if he doesn't want kids.

by Anonymousreply 253July 18, 2021 2:52 AM

How did Lauren Sanchez manage it? She nabbed the then second richest man in the world in her late 40s after leaving her Hollywood talent agent husband with whom she has a couple of (tween?) kids. She was an entertainment reporter which I assume is lower in the HW food chain than supporting actress on a cable TV show. And her facial procedures have left her looking like The Joker.

by Anonymousreply 254July 18, 2021 2:52 AM

And I think people are underestimating her appeal to the right guy.

She’s not going to land Bill Gates. But there are wealthy men out there who would find her notoriety appealing. They won’t be the *best* multimillionaires, but that’s okay. Diana was slumming it with the Fayeds.

She’s still an attractive woman, and has the kind of bossiness that is like catnip to some of these guys. They LIKE being dominated by a woman.

by Anonymousreply 255July 18, 2021 2:56 AM

I'd applaud Meghan if she dumped Harry and snagged a billionaire or half-billionaire. It's also quite possible she'd stop her attacks on the BRF and focus her ire on Harry and the inevitable custody battle. That would be entertaining as hell.

by Anonymousreply 256July 18, 2021 3:00 AM

Megs will have a third baby if she marries again. She knows you have to have at least one baby to ensure the billionaire can't dump you with impunity. So much for her 'award' for having only two kids.

by Anonymousreply 257July 18, 2021 3:02 AM

She is such a try hard and has such an unpleasant vibe. She was prettier before she fucked with her face so much more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 18, 2021 3:40 AM

I’ll bet she already fucked some of those mysterious Uber-rich guys, when she was on the yacht circuit

by Anonymousreply 259July 18, 2021 3:52 AM

Allegedly that included friends of Haz, R259.

by Anonymousreply 260July 18, 2021 3:55 AM

Harry is going to be such a desiccated shell of a human being once she's done with him. I mean, more than he already is.

by Anonymousreply 261July 18, 2021 4:04 AM

R258 As a “hater,” I must say she’s pretty cute and charming in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 262July 18, 2021 4:30 AM

I found her aggressive and off putting but ymmv.

by Anonymousreply 263July 18, 2021 4:36 AM

Borderlines don't mellow or age out. They get more paranoid and demanding.

by Anonymousreply 264July 18, 2021 4:43 AM

Unless she can nab a billionaire with power or an even bigger name, she's not going to quickly shed the "Duchess of Sussex" title.

She LIKES the title very much.

by Anonymousreply 265July 18, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote] Borderlines don't mellow or age out. They get more paranoid and demanding.

Actuallly, they very often do find life easier as they age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 18, 2021 5:58 AM

A scientific paper showing that symptoms nearly always decrease in time.

So sick of the arrogant, clueless cretins on these threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 18, 2021 6:02 AM

SHe has to have a charmig side to be a good hustler. She's charming in public and raging behind closed doors, a bit like Hazz.

by Anonymousreply 268July 18, 2021 6:02 AM

That article was nothing more than an opportunity to merch and silence critique over no one being interested in them. This is classic Sparkle, bragging about not having time for celebrities because they are too in demand with tech billionaires. (Poor Adele, Sparkle won't hang with her. I'm sure she is beside herself.) I don't believe this bullshit at all.

by Anonymousreply 269July 18, 2021 8:30 AM

Well, that’s the thing about people like Meghan and Kris Jenner. They’re terrible people. But when you see them in action, you say “Her? She’s the monster? She’s so sweet and charming!”

I’d been reading about Kris Jenner and her shrewdness, manipulation, steely ambition, and thought of her as the dragon lady. And I saw her interviewed or on some talk show, and found myself liking her.

by Anonymousreply 270July 18, 2021 10:55 AM

She doesn't come off as charming, she comes off as phony and try hard.

by Anonymousreply 271July 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Well, if Diana was a borderline, she certainly wasn't getting better with age. She made the same mistakes with men over and over again. Perhaps it gets better in middle- and old age, but before that are a great many years in which a great deal of havoc and pain to others is generated.

I also think that some of this is just character and personality. It is standard psychological position that children's personality, including their affectional adjustment, are set by the age of three.

It's nature and nurture and a bit of dumb luck, so fast as I can tell

People like Meghan do not change their affect, in my opinion. Her entire mental landscape is about how much she is valued by the Other.

Her father confused fawning indulgence and telling her she was the Queen of the Universe with the kind of unconditional mirroring love very young children should have.

Becoming famous and royal has this odd way of ripping veils aside that no one really wants lifted.

They need to hide their very personal selves in service to representation a great many people who are nothing like them.

How well they can accomplish that first and most necessary task in return for all that status, wealth, privilege, and fame, ironically, tells you who they really are.

We fiynd6out quickly who Meghan was, because she couldn't manage the first important task: accepting that it wasn't about her.

Yet, Kate, with a far higher destiny before her, grasped it immediately. As did the Queen from her beginning.

But for Meghan, if it isn't about her, it's not worth the effort.

And I don't think that will ever change.

by Anonymousreply 272July 18, 2021 11:53 AM

^*found out fast

by Anonymousreply 273July 18, 2021 11:54 AM

Mixing with tech-billionaires = using the same airport service as one or two of them.

by Anonymousreply 274July 18, 2021 12:06 PM

That HGTV video convinced me of one thing: Meghan Markle saw Sex in the City as a tween and decided to make herself into Charlotte- hair, nose, demeanor, fashion. I know another millennial BPD who did the same thing. "How do I become the classy girl?"

by Anonymousreply 275July 18, 2021 12:19 PM

R258’s clip was obnoxious. There are people like this all the time, on morning shows, promoting products - or themselves. The hair toss is typical.

R275 has a good description. It’s all fake, though, because Meghan is base and craven and dark.

by Anonymousreply 276July 18, 2021 12:42 PM

I wonder what would’ve been different if Diana had survived that accident.

by Anonymousreply 277July 18, 2021 1:06 PM

R277 - Oh, that question could merit a thread all its own. Would Harry have gone off the rails so badly? Would he still have married Meghan when he still had Diana? Would William have married Kate? Would Charles still be a divorced bachelor Prince of Wales with a long-term mistress?

Would Dodi Fayed ever have been part of the scenario?

Would Diana still be living in Kensington Palace alongside William and Kate and the three grandkids?

Or would she have gotten herself a luxurious flat on Manhattan's Park or Fifth Avenues, a weekend home in Westport or Greenwich, CT, or a summer home on Martha's Vineyard, and waved bye-byes to London and the royal rounds?

by Anonymousreply 278July 18, 2021 1:12 PM

She was really going off the rails that summer, I still think there may have been a tragic ending of a different sort. Harry was already prone to rages and callous behavior as a tiny child, well before his death. Character is often destiny.

by Anonymousreply 279July 18, 2021 1:15 PM

r267 But is she borderline and is borderline distinct from a narcissistic personality disorder?

by Anonymousreply 280July 18, 2021 1:20 PM

My cartoon will be brilliant, you haters. Look how popular Gumby became!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 18, 2021 1:39 PM

I'm not entirely convinced Diana would have gone to seed had she lived. She was finding her footing with the landmine stuff and Blair, just elected and with ten years ahead of him in office, thought she was an asset. An agreeable role for her might have been found - and Blair - being a politician - couldn't let her nonsense reflect on him so might have been influential in settling her. Plus she had strengthening and beneficial friendships in Lucia de Flema (sp) and Rosa Monckton. My take on the weeks before her death was it was partly it's darkest before the dawn - she was flailing and at loose ends - but yet the is enough from Monckton out there to suggest she had some idea she was in the wrong place with a lot of her choices. Given time, I think she might have sorted herself out. One thing she said that always stuck with me was 'the best way to dismantle a personality is to isolate it.' She entered the marriage and the monarchy as a girl, paid a heavy price for what she found, and lashed out with limited coping skills. Finally, her boys, to whom she was devoted. It seems possible William would, at some point, tell her to pull herself together.

I don't know... I just can't write off aging, independence and focus as helping her steady herself. I always thought she was far more hell hath no fury like a woman scorned than irretrievably bonkers. Maybe I am wrong but I think she died too soon to write her off as a head case and not much else.

by Anonymousreply 282July 18, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]They aren't going to divorce unless Megs has snared someone far wealthier than Haz

Thing is, eventually, he runs out of money and one thing I'd bet on is familiarity breeding contempt in (not so much) time, in both parties.

Am suggesting a third way to coin some cash because if there's somebody for everybody, at her age and with her track record, there may not be two for her.

So she could make bank in the divorce negotiations... she's got silence to sell and that's worth something. Narrowing options and the ticking birthday clock might convince her to sell that to the royal family and it's likely they'd pay to shut her up to their advantage.

Diana was a risk they understood and they paid, to the tune of 17 million or some such figure, with housing and staff thrown in. Fergie was so dumb and damaged all she wanted was forgiveness.

Anyway, with this one, they'd only be buying time, not eternal silence. They'd just hope to tangle up her tell all options long enough that if the broke the deal in the short term she'd look like a real operator, which wouldn't help in portraying her as the victim and if she finally did break the deal later rather than sooner she would be diluted as a commanding public figure and somewhat distasteful for doing so. It would be more 'oh, her again...'

Funnily enough, ironically enough, I could see her winding up as a Lady Colin Campbell, talking to you from her sofa on whatever is Youtube in fifteen years.

by Anonymousreply 283July 18, 2021 2:01 PM

In my scenario, Dodi and the driver would still have died. She’d face a long, painful recovery and people would be divided between “it’s a scandal“ and sympathetic due to her injuries. She might come to a reckoning due to the near death experience, get over her anger at Charles and the BRF (“life is too short”), and really, just settle into a new life.

by Anonymousreply 284July 18, 2021 2:01 PM

If Diana had been wearing a seatbelt, her injuries wouldn't even have been that bad. She had few external injuries: It was being jerked around in the car that caused the internal tear in her heart muscle which killed her.

I agree that if she had walked away with bruises while two other people, including her lover, were killed, it might have stopped her downward tabloid spiral permanently.

by Anonymousreply 285July 18, 2021 2:04 PM

Will be interesting to see how this detail plays out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 18, 2021 2:27 PM

Jeez, we know the Firm's website takes ages to update stuff.

"The BRF is so so racist, primogeniture is so so archaic !!! " "How dare you not update your website to include OUR daughter! !!!"

by Anonymousreply 287July 18, 2021 2:31 PM

Ha! I knew Meghan was going to make a mountain out of that molehill. The BRF hasn't seen the little girl and isn't likely to see her for months or years, she's American-born and will be American-raised, her parents have done nothing but trash the institution since they left it, and, most importantly, Lilibet's place in the line of succession is already assured by tradition and law, but GOD HELP YOU IF SHE'S NOT ON THE WEBSITE.

by Anonymousreply 288July 18, 2021 2:44 PM

I think her absence from the list has to do with nothing beyond doubt about her baptism as CoE. Also, her father's names were incorrectly listed on her birth certificate/registration. His actual Christian names and family surname do not appear.

There are people all over the world who are on the succession list. It has nothing to do with her being born in America or raised there.

I think the BRF are aware of something that they won't discuss publicly that affects the listing. It could be anything from the long-expected title discussion to Harry fucking up the birth registration because he's in the midst of a psychotic break.

It's not disdain, although as usual the tabs will play it up as that. It's something else.

Something possibly intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 289July 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Firestorm where? No-one gives a fuck in the UK. The usual PR planting, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 290July 18, 2021 3:26 PM

The list on the website isn't the ACTUAL official line of succession. it's just the GD website. The actual LOS has 5000 plus people on it. They took a couple of months to add August and Lucas and ages to officially start using the Yorkie's married names.

She's in the LOS unless the BRF know for sure they used a surrogate or something which is unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 291July 18, 2021 3:35 PM

I wonder had Diana lived, if she would’ve ended up with hair like her stepmother…

by Anonymousreply 292July 18, 2021 3:39 PM

Meghan’s next husband will be a low level Middle Eastern prince who wants to hide his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 293July 18, 2021 3:42 PM

That's why this is a nothing story. Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor is eighth in line to the throne. Full stop. Whether or not she's listed on the BRF website does not change that. She'll move down the line as her Cambridge cousins and her older brother marry and have kids, but she'll always be in the line of succession and always be ahead of the Yorks, the Wessexes, etc.

The only thing that could change that is if it's proven she's not a legitimate heir of the body (unlikely) or if she voluntarily gives up her place in line (also unlikely).

by Anonymousreply 294July 18, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]I’d been reading about Kris Jenner and her shrewdness, manipulation, steely ambition, and thought of her as the dragon lady.

While she does seem like an awful person & a terrible mother, to her credit, she took Bruce from being a broke former athlete with multiple ex-wives into a lifestyle that none of them could've ever imagined - including the sainted Robert Kardashian they all rave about. She's a fascinating character & none of them would be where they are without her. Harry should be so lucky that he fall into the hands of a Kris Jenner type

by Anonymousreply 295July 18, 2021 6:10 PM

^ LOL... deftly avoidance of the phrase "she turned him into..."

by Anonymousreply 296July 18, 2021 6:48 PM

She has Doria to do that, R202.

by Anonymousreply 297July 18, 2021 10:53 PM

Kris Jenner IS oddly likable in addition to being a tough, shrewd business woman.

She's NOTHING like Meghan who can only wish she was likable and that savvy.

by Anonymousreply 298July 18, 2021 11:14 PM

If Meghan were as smart and savvy as Kris, she never would have needed Harry.

by Anonymousreply 299July 18, 2021 11:18 PM

R293– No Middle Eastern Prince, no matter how low level, is going to piss off the BRF by marrying Meghan

by Anonymousreply 300July 18, 2021 11:20 PM

Even as savvy as Kris Jenner is, she still needed husbands with names/money/power in order for her to become the powerhouse she is.

Sadly, it's still a Man's World.

by Anonymousreply 301July 18, 2021 11:21 PM

That birth certificate with the Harry’s titles filled in for first name and last name, that wasn’t real right? I assumed that it was a joke that someone on the internet cobbled together.

by Anonymousreply 302July 18, 2021 11:35 PM

Kris Jenner's success came long after her divorce from Robert Kardashian. She probably got a very nice settlement, but nothing stratospheric. And Jenner we now know is dumber than a box full of rocks and is not capable of discussion or debate, let alone creating any sort of business empire. You could almost say she succeeded despite her husbands.

by Anonymousreply 303July 18, 2021 11:47 PM

And I'm betting an indifferent lay.

by Anonymousreply 304July 18, 2021 11:52 PM

R272 you can’t really compare what aging did for Diana with what it will do for MM - Diana was younger when she died than MM is now.

by Anonymousreply 305July 19, 2021 1:05 AM

R302 no, it's real which is why it's even weirder. The parents give the information for the birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 306July 19, 2021 1:53 AM

r286 Why isnt she happy to be ignored and left alone by a family she thinks is so awful and racist? This narrative makes no sense at all and totally jars and contradicts their march 2021 narrative.

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2021 3:13 AM

I think they think people don't remember, R307. Or maybe their fans welcome the chaos and drama and don't care @ shifting narratives?

by Anonymousreply 308July 19, 2021 3:37 AM

r308 If they really think people dont remember then thats akin to laughing at the general public behind their back so to speak. Its insulting.

by Anonymousreply 309July 19, 2021 3:42 AM

Daily Beast came out with a bunch of negative stories about Meghan and Harry today. They hate the racist royal family so why do they want to go to Windsor to christen their kid? The lie about getting the Queen's permission to use her nickname, Harry's lie to Oprah about how they hadn't planned any 'projects' in Hollywood and now Meghan is claiming she and David Furnish had been working on her cartoon for a couple of years, etc.

They can't keep their stories straight.

by Anonymousreply 310July 19, 2021 6:05 AM

The Birth Certificate is real, their spokesperson "that's his name" when people questioned it.

by Anonymousreply 311July 19, 2021 7:38 AM

r310, That's curious. I don't subscribe to Daily Beast but from following this saga it has seemed to be very pro suxx up to now.

by Anonymousreply 312July 19, 2021 10:52 AM

II don't think it is all down to her father that she is like this, it is believed these dark triads come from both nature and nurture. Doria also seems a possible dark triad. She has also been involved with a cult for years, one she involved Megs in as a child.

by Anonymousreply 313July 19, 2021 12:04 PM

R311 - The birth certificate may be real, as in the State of California accepted it (after all, you can call yourself pretty much anything you like). But those aren't Harry's "names". His name is what he was christened as, which was Henry Charles Albert David. What he put on that birth certificate are a style of address and a title. If the Queen took that ducal title away, Sussex would no longer be available for use.

It's a stupid discussion, I agree, but what Harry put there, apparently in a fit of anger to make sure the world knows (although, frankly, the world doesn't care and will forget that certificate exists if it hasn't already) that his daughter was born to a Royal Duke.

But it's mental. Those aren't names, they aren't his names, and that's all there is to it. It's a spasm of adolescent defiance, like just about everything else Harry does.

by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2021 12:29 PM

R314 Yeah I agree with you that what Harry put on the birth certificate was A) not his name and B) insane but that's what the spokesperson said thereby confirming it wasn't an internet fake.

It was hilarious. He had 4 personal names and didn't use any of them but used a nonsensical version of his titles and styles whilst telling the world he felt "trapped" by his family.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2021 1:32 PM

The birth certificate, such a simple thing, and it's screwed up. “His Royal Highness “ is his *last* name (when it comes before DoS when speaking)? That’s why I thought it was a tabloid fake. Who was giving the official information to the hospital, the parents themselves? or someone who works for them? Just trying to picture the procedure here.

by Anonymousreply 316July 19, 2021 1:35 PM

Everybody knows Lilibet was born to a Royal Duke. If they really wanted to bring that point home, he should have styled his kids Lord Archie and Lady Lili. But you know this is more butthurt over the fact that they aren't Prince Archie and Princess Lili.

by Anonymousreply 317July 19, 2021 1:36 PM

No baby photo yet. This is building up into quite the dramatic reveal.

by Anonymousreply 318July 19, 2021 1:38 PM

They should have sold the photos in the first week or two after birth when everyone was still talking about the whole Lilibet controversy. That story, and Lili's birth, are old news now.

by Anonymousreply 319July 19, 2021 1:44 PM

R318 What a surprise, eh?

by Anonymousreply 320July 19, 2021 1:44 PM

I doubt many care at this point.

by Anonymousreply 321July 19, 2021 1:49 PM

I can see Harry and Meghan driving a hard bargain selling the baby photos and ending up with nothing. They'd have gotten more for Archie's back in the day but couldn't sell the photos then as they were still working royals. Now everyone has seen Archie and is assuming that Lili probably resembles her brother.

It's also shitty optics to sell either child's photo when the Cambridges freely share twice-yearly photos of their children (birthdays and Christmas) on their social media.

by Anonymousreply 322July 19, 2021 1:52 PM

Daily Beast is increasingly anti-Harkle as opposed to Vanity Fair which acts as their publicist.

by Anonymousreply 323July 19, 2021 3:02 PM

Prince George's birthday is July 22 and Meghan's birthday is August 4 so maybe the Lili photo will be released on one of these dates.

by Anonymousreply 324July 19, 2021 3:08 PM

Trust Megsy to publish pics of Lilibuck on George's birthday.

It was Louis's birthday when she paraded poor Archie in her ridiculous pap walk.

by Anonymousreply 325July 19, 2021 3:11 PM

"H & M are making demands via Sunshine Sachs. Their intention is to have Lilibet christened at Windsor in front of the Queen."

R152 - This is nothing but tabloid gossip. I am not saying it will not happen. I am just saying that there is no statement requesting that it happen. This is the Daily Fail generating click bait for revenue$.

by Anonymousreply 326July 19, 2021 3:27 PM

Let's be clear, whenever it drops, you're getting an elbow - if you're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 327July 19, 2021 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328July 19, 2021 3:35 PM

They will always be much loathed members of the family.

by Anonymousreply 329July 19, 2021 3:38 PM

I’m betting on R321.

by Anonymousreply 330July 19, 2021 4:19 PM

The BRF might let them have a Windsor christening, but it doesn't mean the family members would attend. Royal datebooks are set 6 months in advance and if Harry and Meghan want to elbow in a christening this fall, the rest of the Windsors could all be unavoidably busy.

by Anonymousreply 331July 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Don't they have to check with the devil? Their deal is plainly with him and - you know - a church christening...

If they think Spotify has good lawyers...

by Anonymousreply 332July 19, 2021 4:41 PM

R328 Russel Myers has good connections within the Cambridge camp, so I tend to give a lot of credence to what he says is going on behind the scenes.

R331 100% the Queen will not attend. The whole reason Megz wants this is to get a picture of the two Lilibets together and I'm sure the royals are on to that game.

by Anonymousreply 333July 19, 2021 5:13 PM

Once again, she had no intention of staying in the royal fold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334July 19, 2021 5:27 PM

‘Bombshell’ memoirs coming this fall.

A blurb from the publisher, seen by Page Six, says, “In an intimate and heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry will share, for the very first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335July 19, 2021 5:55 PM

What's next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 19, 2021 6:08 PM

R335 Is it going to be called "The Me that Can't Shut Up"

by Anonymousreply 337July 19, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote]I don't think it is all down to her father that she is like this

Look, every parent makes mistakes and some parents make a lot of mistakes. But that doesn't matter, what matters is she's an adult now and has the maturity to confront her shortcomings, just as well as any other adult does. Whether she will or not, well that's a different story.

by Anonymousreply 338July 19, 2021 6:19 PM

Narcs are incapable of self reflection, R338.

by Anonymousreply 339July 19, 2021 6:21 PM

R335 Well so much for the christening at Windsor and the Jubilee appearance.

by Anonymousreply 340July 19, 2021 6:21 PM

I love how Harry says he's not writing it as a Prince...and then the press release refers to him as Prince Harry Duke of Sussex like four times.

by Anonymousreply 341July 19, 2021 6:24 PM

He needs to give up his titles now.

by Anonymousreply 342July 19, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote]In an intimate and heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! "one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time, Prince Harry" bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 343July 19, 2021 6:28 PM

So now we know what this came out today: Harry is about to be removed from the Regency act and from being a counsellor of state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344July 19, 2021 6:31 PM

The Clown Prince of Montecito

by Anonymousreply 345July 19, 2021 6:33 PM

r335 An influential global figure!!!LOL 😂😂 Deluded self regarding head up onesown rear and lost narcissm at its worst!!

by Anonymousreply 346July 19, 2021 6:41 PM

r344 Brilliant! Lady Colin Campbell sort of gave a heads up on this a few weeks ago when she said if push came to shove it would be Princess Anne, Prince Edward and others to act as regent or counsellor of state if need be.

by Anonymousreply 347July 19, 2021 6:44 PM

It reeks of a certain desperation. They must have figured out by now that there’s no way back to the family, so they’re going scorched-earth with the memoirs.

I think an apt title would be ‘Days of Whine and Poses,’ but I think that’s unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 348July 19, 2021 6:48 PM

r348 Nothing will top their Oprah interview in terms of potential to damage the monarchy. They have peaked and are drifting towards becoming hasbeens. Novelty never lasts forever.

by Anonymousreply 349July 19, 2021 6:58 PM

R335 Late 2022, not this fall.

It's gonna take a while to write, presumably

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 19, 2021 7:06 PM

Prince Harry, The Duke Of Sussex, Will Publish A Literary Memoir With Penguin Random House, Globally In Late 2022, after he learns to spell.

by Anonymousreply 351July 19, 2021 7:09 PM

Anyone know the story behind this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352July 19, 2021 7:11 PM

You expect him to actually write? This will be a ghostwriter type of project, with Harry texting the writer every few days with “his truth”, otherwise known as figments of his jealous mind and imagination.

by Anonymousreply 353July 19, 2021 7:13 PM

I don’t disagree with you, R348. But I predict Harry will toss in a few more distortions about the family, just to ‘stir the pot’ some more.

Oops, I stand corrected, R350.

by Anonymousreply 354July 19, 2021 7:13 PM

The end of the Queen's Jubilee year will be marked by this book, or should I say, likely marred?

by Anonymousreply 355July 19, 2021 7:27 PM

When it was first announced it was to be published this fall. Guess they are going to ride the train as long as possible. Will the proceeds be donated to "charity" through Archewell, which they can skim 95% of under DE law one wonders?

by Anonymousreply 356July 19, 2021 7:29 PM

R356 The longer wait give Harry more time to blackmail his family.

by Anonymousreply 357July 19, 2021 7:32 PM

R352 Harry got one of the lowest marks in the history of this course being taught at Eton. It's also rumoured he was accused of cheating in order to pass the exam.

by Anonymousreply 358July 19, 2021 7:33 PM

R358 didn't his tutor take the exam for him?

by Anonymousreply 359July 19, 2021 7:53 PM

You know it, R357. And if they are blackmailed into including them in ANY way in the Jubilee, they can recount all the private convos in the book!

by Anonymousreply 360July 19, 2021 7:53 PM

Yeah I'm thinking christening, Christmas, jubilee, hell freezing over... not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 361July 19, 2021 7:55 PM

"The proceeds of the deal are likely to be worth millions and, although the exact financial terms were not disclosed, Prince Harry will donate proceeds to charity, according to Random House. "

[bold][italic]The hell![/bold][/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 19, 2021 7:58 PM

I think they would be eager to save that child's soul. Any Episcopal or Anglican Church of Canada baptism would do!

by Anonymousreply 363July 19, 2021 8:04 PM

Will Harry discuss the Nazi uniform and the nude poker in Las Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 364July 19, 2021 8:05 PM

They'll be invited to the Jubilee but kept off the balcony or from any major role. The handling of the Diana statue unveiling shows you that the Palace PR staff knows exactly what it's doing. The BRF will be scrupulously fair to the Sussexes while denying the troublesome pair any and all opportunities to enrich or publicize themselves on the BRF's turf.

At the Jubilee and any other events to which the Sussexes are invited, they'll be greeted with public smiles and the most anodyne comments imaginable--and not a damn thing more.

by Anonymousreply 365July 19, 2021 8:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 19, 2021 8:19 PM

So after her book, there's no lower to go, right?

by Anonymousreply 367July 19, 2021 8:21 PM

Harry's also delaying the book until 2022 because it will likely be so inflammatory that he'll never get another royal invitation except perhaps to his grandmother's and father's funerals. Forget a christening for his daughter, a Jubilee invite, etc. He and Meghan want that photo op with Lilibet and the Queen, and they want back on that balcony at least one more time.

As always, though, they're assuming the BRF are complete morons and don't already know that the book will be another hatchet job on the family. They may get the Windsor christening and the Jubilee invite, but they won't get the Queen at the christening or themselves on the BP balcony. No way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 368July 19, 2021 8:24 PM

This is transparently a blackmail attempt. Harry just slit his own throat.

by Anonymousreply 369July 19, 2021 8:28 PM

They put out the christening "request" and got silence.

The book IS his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 370July 19, 2021 8:33 PM

I hope Camilla's kids get great seats at the coronation

by Anonymousreply 371July 19, 2021 8:47 PM

I don't think this book will ever happen; at the rate he keeps spiraling downward, I think Harry will be separated from Megs and on "extended leave" (rehab) by mid/late fall, if not sooner.

by Anonymousreply 372July 19, 2021 8:50 PM

If Harry and Meghan stay together, wee Lilibet will never meet her great-grandmother Elizabeth. If they divorce, Meghan will raise hell about Harry ever taking the kids to the UK. Can you imagine the fit she'd throw at happy family pictures of her children playing with their cousins at Balmoral?

by Anonymousreply 373July 19, 2021 8:51 PM

Imagine being the fact-checker on this (Penguin-Random aren't going to let themselves get into legal trouble). The BRF should call his bluff though - as has always been said, if he had anything juicy, he'd have got at least some of what he wanted. He/they threaten and hint constantly, get nothing back and never deliver anything except more vague hints.

by Anonymousreply 374July 19, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote][R13] Is the idiot who keeps posting racist remarks across DL getting threads deleted.

I'm actually marking every racist obsessive-compulsive thread on Meghan Markle, but thanks for the shoutout bitch.

*smooches*

by Anonymousreply 375July 19, 2021 8:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 19, 2021 8:53 PM

Moehringer better get the money upfront.

by Anonymousreply 377July 19, 2021 8:56 PM

Where’s Kitty Kelley in all of this? Can’t she crank out a Harry & Meghan tell all?

by Anonymousreply 378July 19, 2021 9:17 PM

It's a "literary memoir" ... whatever he wants his truth to be.

by Anonymousreply 379July 19, 2021 9:18 PM

Oh hell. J R Moehringer wrote “The Tender Bar” l loved that book. He’s better than this.

by Anonymousreply 380July 19, 2021 9:22 PM

Could somebody at Harry and Meghan's publicity agency familiarize them with the term 'overexposed'.

by Anonymousreply 381July 19, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]I hope Camilla's kids get great seats at the coronation

Four just opened up in the Orchestra.

by Anonymousreply 382July 19, 2021 9:32 PM

My very first vivid memory was of my great aunt, Princess Margaret, leaning over my pram, dropping cigarette ash on my Paddington Bear, her gin soaked breath assaulting my nostrils, and saying, “Run like hell, kid! This family will fuck you up big time. They won’t let you marry a divorced man but they will let you marry a man who’s had more cock in his mouth than he’s had gin and tonics.” Then she stood up and yelled, “Priya, where the hell is my fur? You knew I was going out this afternoon.”

by Anonymousreply 383July 19, 2021 9:33 PM

What a fookin’ traitor. It’s so rich the proceeds of his tell-all will go to “charity.” Yeah, Archewell, so that these venomous snakes can dip into the pot without the tax burden they would have otherwise. Titles should be stripped asap, but that old biddy is a weak ass.

by Anonymousreply 384July 19, 2021 9:34 PM

Hasn’t M already removed H from executive producer of the forthcoming animation project? Won’t that minimize its impact as he is Chief Impact Officer?

by Anonymousreply 385July 19, 2021 9:49 PM

Harry's people (according to the Telegraph) are saying he discussed the book with the family recently....Clarence House is denying this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386July 19, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]The Duke of Sussex is to publish an intimate memoir of his life, which he has vowed will be “accurate and wholly truthful”

There is no such thing. There are just individual truths. Like when Oprah introduced his first wife with her truth.

by Anonymousreply 387July 19, 2021 10:06 PM

The book was announced back in the spring, I recall it being discussed here after O1 or O2.

I think they are trying to blackmail them to bury the bullying investigation.

by Anonymousreply 388July 19, 2021 10:06 PM

Expect knowledgable insights about how he saved all the penquins at the North Pole and Natalie Pinkham likes her tits groped.

by Anonymousreply 389July 19, 2021 10:06 PM

R388 The book wasn't actually announced but it had been rumoured that Harry was shopping something a memoir around.

by Anonymousreply 390July 19, 2021 10:47 PM

According to the Sun:

The book was not supposed to be announced until next year, but Page Six learned of it (like a leak from Random House) and the publisher decided to confirm it. Harry allegedly scrambled to contact his family this evening to inform them, but Charles learned of it while he was on an official engagement with Camilla. It's believe the senior royals are reeling because they felt that some (small) bridges had been built with Harry in recent weeks and there was hope given details of a private meeting between William and Harry (prior to the Diana statue) had not been leaked and there were talks of Liliy's christening later in the autumn at Windsor.

When told of the news one of Charles' aides said: "My Life, By Harry as recounted by Meghan."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Harry "memoir" made me think Katie Price. A topless model that has shagged all kinds and "written" about 10 memoirs. All her men start out hung like horses and amazing in bed..By the next version built like a matchstick and as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

He might have been attractive to some as a young rosy cheeked red haired boy, but who in hell could like him now? He has proved himself an idiot and a liar.I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 392July 19, 2021 11:02 PM

I think he’s writing the book to counteract the bullying investigation which would prove to be damaging to bith Meghan and his image as self-crafted humanitarians. It’s a way of lying under the guise of “heart felt memoir” to coincide with release of formal report.

by Anonymousreply 393July 19, 2021 11:09 PM

Funny how all of Harry’s statements are written in purely American vernacular. He’s either picked up the lingo very quickly (interesting as he can barely string together a coherent sentence in British English) or they have come straight from the whore’s mouth.

Ooops - sorry! “Horse’s” mouth.

by Anonymousreply 394July 19, 2021 11:10 PM

I think he has to write the book to prevent fallout next year when the investigatory findings are released. Next year will be a bad one for them mainly due to that alone. Having a gaggle of staff come out with documented complaints and having to answer or address each one of them. It’ll be like Chrissy Teigen being canceled, with that many people and paper trails, people can see the ugly truth for themselves. When it’s multiple staff and similar stories, a pattern emerges. When everywhere you go you cause strife/ drama, alienate and step over people, chances are it’s not their fault but yours and yours alone.

by Anonymousreply 395July 19, 2021 11:18 PM

For once - to my surprise - I'm reading the Mail and thinking I really don't want to read this.

As written by Meghan indeed.

by Anonymousreply 396July 19, 2021 11:48 PM

He's done nothing with his short life to warrant a major memoir like this. The only value of this project is the mud and anger he will be throwing at the BRF, and the secrets he will threaten to spill. No major publishing house would be dealing with him otherwise, there would be no sale value.

Abominably pitiful. Just awful. I hope that completed bullying report gets mysteriously leaked later next year, just in time to take the wind out of the sails of this blatantly self-serving effort.

by Anonymousreply 397July 19, 2021 11:56 PM

R397 Once again this just proves what many of us have been saying for months.....they have nothing except their connection to the royals. The gloves need to come off and the royals need to destroy H&M.

by Anonymousreply 398July 20, 2021 12:00 AM

The above article says a first draft is nearly completed!

How can anyone look at the last (ONLY) six years of his life with this partner and think it's ok that he and she have completely ripped his life apart? Separate their "racism" narrative from everything- all of his friends, his home, his country, his job, his family - it's all completely gone. This relationship has alienated everything of his former identity from him.

If she were a man, of any race, alarm bells would be sounding.

by Anonymousreply 399July 20, 2021 12:00 AM

Let’s not forget that the bio of Meghan is due in 2022! By that respected investigative journalist—forgot his name. I’m really looking forward to 2022!

by Anonymousreply 400July 20, 2021 12:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 20, 2021 1:22 AM

r388 There would be no point in the royal family giving in to their blackmail for two reasons.The chances are anything alleged can be rode out and is unlikely to be either serious enough to cause significant damage or greeted with credibility by the majority of the public.Oprah was there peak and the royal family rode that out. Secondly the Harkles have no moral bottom to which they wont sink.They are dishonourable malicious souls so giving in to their blackmail will not guarantee that they still wont write books or make public allegations.They would take the fruits of any blackmail eg a promised balcony appearance at the Queens platinum jubilee and then still go on a bit later to release a book anyway. .By showing themselves to be so untrustworthy to this large extent they have actually overplayed their hand because the royal family have ZERO REASON or motivation to trust them to stick to any agreement.

by Anonymousreply 402July 20, 2021 1:44 AM

r400 Tom Bower

by Anonymousreply 403July 20, 2021 1:48 AM

R403 The book Meghan Markle will be dreading....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404July 20, 2021 1:52 AM

r404 Cant wait!!

by Anonymousreply 405July 20, 2021 1:54 AM

R402 I agree that frankly at this point the royals need to completely cut the Harkles off. It's very telling that every time this couple wants something from the royals, they dangle a "tell-all." It can't go on both for the sake of the monarchy and the sanity of the British people. I wouldn't say the royals have recovered from the Oprah interview fully because it's still polarized opinion. Younger people and anti-royalists are now team Harry all the way, while monarchists loath Harry now. That is not good for the long term survival of the institution that in some regards thrives through indifference.

The book is going to be a hatchet job on Charles (to a slightly less extent William...and I'm sure under Meghan's influence there will be a dig or two against Kate). I wouldn't be surprised he claims the royals killed Diana, that he names who allegedly is the racist royal. The royals need to get out ahead of this and I hope like the did with Scobie....scare Random House with the lawyers. Harry better have receipts for his claims or I think there might be legal action.

by Anonymousreply 406July 20, 2021 2:16 AM

Scobie's book had considerably more venom for the Cambridges than Charles R406. Even Carole and Pippa got a few swipes

by Anonymousreply 407July 20, 2021 2:18 AM

r406 good post but i disagree about the extent of strong support for Harry Meghan post Oprah .I believe a lot of that support is soft support not passionate and zealous or hardline. The actual dedicated section of people who are hardcore fans or supporters are quite small but very loud.Secondly many people feelings towards the monarchy change as they get older. Many young people who were pro Diana and anti or very critical of the monarchy in 1997 are now supporters of the monarchy and take a more realistic nuanced view of Diana.Many Diana supporters have now changed their minds and evolved their opinions .

by Anonymousreply 408July 20, 2021 2:24 AM

As usual the Australian Media is spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 20, 2021 2:47 AM

Interesting on some of the money trails

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Basically after the Oprah interview, the only thing Harry has left to say is who the "racist" royal is and claim Charles had Diana killed.

by Anonymousreply 411July 20, 2021 3:09 AM

May as well throw in a foreword from Mohamed al Fayed.

by Anonymousreply 412July 20, 2021 3:13 AM

Harry and Meghan are less popular than the Pope in the UK! Even Camilla has a higher approval rating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 20, 2021 4:04 AM

r413 They're just above Ed Balls. Interesting place to be.

by Anonymousreply 414July 20, 2021 4:10 AM

In her most recent videos, Lady C started pushing her petition to request Harry ask the Queen to but his titles in abeyance again. She hinted something was about to happen but that she couldn't say more......well now we know!

by Anonymousreply 415July 20, 2021 4:49 AM

Unfortunately, the weakness of Liz is that she’s been a soft touch where family is concerned which demonstrates that she does not esteem the monarchy above her family. She should have pulled the titles when they moved to the US.

by Anonymousreply 416July 20, 2021 11:25 AM

R342 - Don't hold your breath.

His wife would castrate him for real rather than stopping at turning him into an emotional eunuch.

by Anonymousreply 417July 20, 2021 1:25 PM

Oh, there’s plenty left for him to say. Agassi’s Open will be the template. It will be a petty gripe fest elevated to “art” by a talented ghostwriter.

I read and enjoyed Agassi’s autobiography because it was so dishy. He’s similar to Harry—whining about everyone in his life; taking little responsibility; and “saved” by a woman.

To paraphrase Addison DeWitt: it will be maudlin and filled with self-pity! It will be magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 418July 20, 2021 1:34 PM

Once the biography is published, all that's left is the reality show. Expect that in late 2022 or in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 419July 20, 2021 1:43 PM

I bought into much of her pre marriage hype.Even with that though , I felt she would be in and out of the royal family in quick time,mostly I believed she was too bright to stick with dimbo, but it has turned out she is as thick as he is.

by Anonymousreply 420July 20, 2021 3:50 PM

R420 I thought Meghan was smarter and playing a long game. But she is basically a temper-tantrum prone manipulative narcissist like Harry is. She wants something and she wants it NOW. She's basically as big a spoiled brat as Harry just on a smaller scale as Thomas Markle wasn't as rich as Charles.

Her sister and brother who were considered to be jealous and vindictive when they 'warned' what Meghan was like turned out to be on the money. What she did to them, she now did to her in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 421July 20, 2021 4:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 20, 2021 4:21 PM

Someone else pointed this out in another thread, but 2022 is the 25th anniversary of Diana's death....guess we know why the book is coming out in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 423July 20, 2021 4:24 PM

Lady C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 20, 2021 4:31 PM

If his ultimate endgame is to ruin Camilla- that is actually more honorable to me than trying to out fame his future-King brother and exploit his family for fame and riches. A secret psychotic drive to avenge his mother, a long term plan coming to fruition to drive the knife in Lady MacBeth's back. I could get behind that.

by Anonymousreply 425July 20, 2021 4:46 PM

It is my understanding that the Scobie book primarily trashed the Cambridges, R425.

by Anonymousreply 426July 20, 2021 4:52 PM

R426, well that was Meaghan all over. Anyone who claims the American actress isn't crazily competitive with her closest comparable sister-in-law doesn't understand American culture or women.

by Anonymousreply 427July 20, 2021 4:56 PM

I couldn't, R245. Yes, Charles and Camilla wronged Diana, but Diana herself was beginning to accept them as a couple at the end of her life. Charles was put in an impossible situation by his family back in the late 70s and early 80s. He handled it badly but he suffered greatly for it. Diana herself took plenty of revenge at the time by having countless affairs of her own and trashing Charles in front of the whole world. She more than got her own back.

For his son to attempt to ruin Charles' wife of many years over slights that are 4 decades old, particularly when the person really slighted has been dead for 25 years, would be psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 428July 20, 2021 4:58 PM

It is more about money, narcissism and greed than slights, R428.

by Anonymousreply 429July 20, 2021 5:01 PM

R428, no I agree- definitely psychotic. But that WOULD be more meaningful than acting on a shallow jealousy of his more popular brother, as it seems he is now. If he's destroying his family just to be the most famous celebrity- he's crazy and stupid. And that's probably Meaghan's will.

by Anonymousreply 430July 20, 2021 5:02 PM

True, R430. But though he may tell himself and the world that his rage was over the wrongs done to his mother, we all know that his rage is really about the wrongs he perceives as done to himself. Always being second, never being king, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 431July 20, 2021 5:05 PM

From the article linked above:

[quote]One royal source explains: 'There's a lot going on among the family at the moment. A shifting of the power bases following the death of Prince Philip, with Prince Charles and Prince William both solidifying their power. 'But Harry doesn't give a damn. He's there to do what's right for him. He no longer cares about how his actions impact the monarchy. 'He went to California with the sole goal of showing that he will never need to rely on his family for money again – and he's proven that beyond any doubt.'

That 20 million advance for the book will go awfully fast considering that he and Meghan have yearly expenses of around 6 million.

Also, if he wants to be so goddamn independent, let's see him put the titles in abeyance and face the world as Harry Mountbatten-Windsor. Except we know he can't, as the fortune he's making in America is ENTIRELY dependent upon his identity as a Royal Prince, one who spits on his family at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 432July 20, 2021 5:08 PM

r474 Hod I LOVE Lady C! I'd love to see what happens if she were locked in a room with Meghan! She'd destroy the personality disordered royal in an argument to great effect!!😁

by Anonymousreply 433July 20, 2021 5:21 PM

Above reply to for r424 and I meant God not hod!!🙈

by Anonymousreply 434July 20, 2021 5:22 PM

I wonder how pleased Biden is with Harry's never-ending temper tantrums. The UK is our closest ally. Harry has no right to live here. He could get his ass kicked out and then where would he go? No Commonwealth country would have him either.

by Anonymousreply 435July 20, 2021 5:23 PM

Good to see that Meghan still has the power to get you Klan retards to follow her every move. This thread is an update account for her.

Usual trolls still posting: SurvivingRacist, Tedious Titles Troll, Narc/Borderline Troll, William is Hot Troll, and that lunatic who will now come on and tell me that I was paid by Sunshine Sachs to post this.

by Anonymousreply 436July 20, 2021 5:34 PM

r432 Precisely r432 He hasn't proven at all he can live independently without royal money. It was only in March that he had a tantrum on television that Daddy cut him off. He's nothing special or of enduring interest without his royal titles and an active connection with the family. The low IQ caveman at some level understands this hence the push for the christening and balcony appearances. He's not credible claiming the situation is otherwise It cannot be stressed enough despite the cognitive dissonance amongst their supporters on this that they wanted a half in half out arrangement to maximise money and sustain a credible royal connections to uphold the commercial interest in and around them. They very much wanted the full royal life minus duty. They are millionaires who want to be billionaires and lashing out because it ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 437July 20, 2021 5:37 PM

“…..one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time…”, R335. I don’t know whether to gag or guffaw!7

by Anonymousreply 438July 20, 2021 5:41 PM

She has done some terrible things, using and abusing her position re wimbledon and baby shower.. that prick though? Influenctial global figure? The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 439July 20, 2021 5:49 PM

[QUOTE] He's done nothing with his short life to warrant a major memoir like this.

You're stuck in the 1900s, Granny. Popstars write memoirs aged 25 these days. Harry has the insider info on what Diana was like as a mother, the Wales marriage breakdown, life at boarding school Eton, Diana's death. His time in the army and ten years as the most popular royal. Relationships with Chelsy and his many other girlfriends. What he really thought of Charles' adultery and his marriage to Camilla.

People would pay money to read about all of that, and that's before he gets to Meghan and his children.

by Anonymousreply 440July 20, 2021 5:54 PM

'Rumoured to be £20 million' so 10 mill? 5?

by Anonymousreply 441July 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Take note of the 'literary'. This implies a non linear narrative and possibly an elliptical, impressionistic style of writing. Purple prose is Meghan's thing, after all. Those expecting a straightforward, easy to read tell all may be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 442July 20, 2021 6:02 PM

Channel 5 are now promoting "Meghan at 40". Coming to a TV near you, I bet she loves that one!

by Anonymousreply 443July 20, 2021 6:03 PM

R440, but to sell that, to sell the his "class" lock, stock and barrel, the last vestige of his noblesse, for only $20M? And then lower himself to the level of a Real Housewife? That's abject failure.

by Anonymousreply 444July 20, 2021 6:03 PM

[QUOTE] She has done some terrible things, using and abusing her position re wimbledon and baby shower.

Having a baby shower was a terrible thing? Get a life, you hopeless incel.

by Anonymousreply 445July 20, 2021 6:04 PM

But to sell that, to sell the his "class" lock, stock and barrel, the last vestige of his noblesse, for only $20M? And then lower himself to the level of a Real Housewife"

What are you blathering about? He's writing a memoir, not starring in a reality show. Charles would probably love to do the same. Many distinguished and titled figures have written autobiographies and it's not as if he's putting it out on Kindle Unlimited. Penguin has bought it.

by Anonymousreply 446July 20, 2021 6:09 PM

He's selling his birthright for 20 million. Maybe 50 million, depending on what he gets out of the inevitable reality series.

Meghan is fine with that as she doesn't value his family or history in any way, and she'll get half of whatever he earns during the marriage + hefty child support once she divorces him. Harry will be left with the scraps of his fortune, no American career, and no relationship with his family while Meghan waltzes away with her much richer next husband.

He's a fool and will meet a fool's end.

by Anonymousreply 447July 20, 2021 6:42 PM

What advance did Barack and Michelle Obama get for writing their autobiographies? I highly doubt that Harry got 20 million especially since a ghostwriter is doing the hard work.

by Anonymousreply 448July 20, 2021 6:46 PM

Just imagine what you cunts could do if you obsessed over Prince Andrew's pedo connections as much you do these two attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 449July 20, 2021 6:47 PM

R449 hmm...what's more fun to gossip about: sex trafficking or idiot attention whores?

by Anonymousreply 450July 20, 2021 6:48 PM

I think the book has the potential to be damaging buttttttttttt I think because the Oprah interview was such an unexpected gut punch to the royals, we kind of know what to expect now.

R449 Stop being an idiot and conflating a dislike of Harry as an approval of Andrew. Everyone hates Andrew and know he's hiding behind his mother's apron strings. The difference Andrew isn't in our face every five minutes. If he was we'd have the same reaciton. Andrew is a piece of shit, and Harry is a grifter with a perpetual victim complex.

by Anonymousreply 451July 20, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote][R449] Stop being an idiot and conflating a dislike of Harry as an approval of Andrew.

I'm not. It's just blazingly clear what your obsessive-compulsive priorities are.

by Anonymousreply 452July 20, 2021 6:55 PM

Russell Myers says what were basically all thinking: Harry (and Meghan) are attempting to damage Charles' reputation to the point that the British public will not want him as King. It's a dumb move because if the crown skips Charles (which it won't without a change to the law) Archie and Lily will never qualify for HRH status because they'd be nephew and niece to King William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 20, 2021 6:58 PM

Andrew is making the first smart decision of his life and keeping his head down. What is there to snark about? When he popped his head up after Philip's death, he was widely condemned for seeking attention.

Harry and Meghan never stop seeking attention.

by Anonymousreply 454July 20, 2021 6:58 PM

Harry and Meghan are money-grubbing attention whores. They are the Second Coming of Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 455July 20, 2021 7:05 PM

R455 Look out Suzanne Somers! Meg's after your empire!

by Anonymousreply 456July 20, 2021 7:06 PM

R452, and we know what Harry's priorities are in publicly going after his father and brother instead of his pedo uncle.

That self-righteousnes cuts both ways.

by Anonymousreply 457July 20, 2021 7:07 PM

R452 Sit down gurl

by Anonymousreply 458July 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Harry is vastly overestimating the effects his revelations will have on the British public's opinion of the BRF. His popularity has never been so low in the UK, and a mudslinging biography will make it even lower.

He and Meghan keep tearing pages out of Diana's playbook while refusing to understand they are not beloved as Diana was. The goodwill towards Harry was a combination of pity for the boy who walked behind his mother's coffin and a response to the positive PR the Palace created for him. Without those, he's just an entitled dimwit, and the whole world knows it.

by Anonymousreply 459July 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Interesting how Sussex Stans never make any real bid to defend Harry and Meghan. All they do is try to deflect the conversation to topics like Andrew's scandals, or they just insult the posters here. At best, they'll also sling some mud at Charles & Camilla or William & Kate.

If Harry and Meghan are so great, why not focus on that? For that matter, why don't Harry and Meghan focus on their own work instead of constantly whining about the BRF?

They can't: The Sussexes are empty, worthless individuals who do nothing and stand for nothing. Deep down they know it. Their stans know it too.

by Anonymousreply 460July 20, 2021 7:55 PM

There isn't a more appropriate title.

by Anonymousreply 461July 20, 2021 7:57 PM

R460, it's been awhile.

Pedo Andy! But Kate's skirt! AND RACISM! And rescue chickens!

by Anonymousreply 462July 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Actually, given what the Stans have shown themselves to be here, they may or may not know what the Sussexes are, but water always seeks its level.

These are people on the margins, without the character to be welcomed, bitter, unkind, low intelligence, irrational, emotional and impulsive. They do not think, they only feel. Because all they can do is feel, they are left behind, and that feels terrible. So they club with other undesirables, but it doesn't really solve anything. They lack character. Without it, nothing you do matters much.

And, of course, pity their children.

by Anonymousreply 463July 20, 2021 8:03 PM

r459 I predict that 2023 after the book has been published and created its frenzy, its wave , its impact and then time passes and royal life continues without their world ending that Harry will hit a very hard psychological wall of reality. You have fired all your big arrows, thrown your biggest hardest stones and fired all your bullets and the fantasy destruction afterwards hasn't really happened. You have no real power of significance left , you are a depleted toxic element with no good cards left to play. Your yesterday's news and increasing in irrelevance on an irreversible trend.

That is something he will resent and struggle to adapt to. He will have tantrums but to zero effect..

by Anonymousreply 464July 20, 2021 8:04 PM

Agree r464, but think it will happen sooner

by Anonymousreply 465July 20, 2021 8:12 PM

I no longer find him hawt!

by Anonymousreply 466July 20, 2021 8:18 PM

Some years ago the McCanns produced a dossier of people that had criticised them on twitter , they gave it to Sky news. The reporter doorsteped the woman who later killed herself. I think these rich people with power are beyond evil.

by Anonymousreply 467July 20, 2021 8:19 PM

It's like the old definition of madness, keep doing the same thing and expecting the result to be different. Finding Freedom; the Oprah interview; the Apple series; FF2 in the offing; Harry's book - do they think that, at some point, it will work and all their desires (whatever they are) will happen?

by Anonymousreply 468July 20, 2021 8:34 PM

r465 You could be right but I do think 2023 will be a terrible year for him because the full effects of what he has done will kick in. He has burnt an awful lot of bridges and I don't this personality and ego will cope well with having no decent relationships back home , being ignored and losing his star power with no way to restore it. I don't think the amount of money he is capable of earning in the long run can maintain the lifestyle he wants. As I have said previously a millionaire who wants to be a billions and having an entitled tantrum and malamute reaction to it not happening. I'm sure he convinced himself he was going to outshine his family forever and didn't have the brains to realise novelty is temporary and peoples interest and respect for anything he says or does is not automatic.

by Anonymousreply 469July 20, 2021 8:35 PM

r469 Should say a maladapted reaction

by Anonymousreply 470July 20, 2021 8:37 PM

r468 Their stuck in a vicious circle or never-ending loop. A psychological rut which suggests their enlightened souls persona and Harrys counselling have not had any real lasting positive effects.

by Anonymousreply 471July 20, 2021 8:47 PM

After Harry's book comes the reality series. What else is there for Sussex No Talents to do?

by Anonymousreply 472July 20, 2021 8:54 PM

I agree that Harry will hit that hard, cold wall by the time he's 40. That's also when he and Meghan will hit the seven-year mark (dating from their first meeting in 2016), and it ain't called the seven-year-itch for nothing. She'll bounce for her next big opportunity (even if it's big only in her own mind), taking the merchable kids with her.

Harry will be stuck in California if he wants a chance at seeing his kids, but the tech billionaires will have moved on and found another novelty to invite to their parties. If he tries to go back to the UK, his family will, at most, fob him off with one of the minor country houses and ignore him otherwise. After the way he's treated his aristo friends, invites won't be forthcoming from the horsey set, either. Also, the tabs will crucify him for abandoning Archie and Lili.

His future life is floating around posh watering holes with a bunch of C-listers, always feeling cheated of money and attention. Harry's fate will be just like his Great-Uncle David's, only at least David managed to hold on to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 473July 20, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote] Some years ago the McCanns produced a dossier of people that had criticised them on twitter , they gave it to Sky news. The reporter doorsteped the woman who later killed herself. I think these rich people with power are beyond evil.

Absolute bullshit.

The woman had been issuing death threats and accusing the McCann’s of murder (with 400 tweets). A dossier of such people committing CRIMES like this was handed to the police.

Sky got the dossier from the police.

Get your fucking facts right, dickhead.

Frankly, the woman was a scummy troll. Good riddance to her.

by Anonymousreply 474July 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Sit down, bus driver R452!

by Anonymousreply 475July 20, 2021 9:25 PM

I can't believe they're regularly socialising with tech-billionaires. This is Meghan - there would be multiple PR placements and enabled pap shots of her dolled up for the events.

by Anonymousreply 476July 20, 2021 9:30 PM

I can believe the tech billionaires would be interested in Harry temporarily--he's been world-famous since he was born). But if he can't bring charm, glamor, and wit to his role as eternal party guest, the novelty will wear off fast. We know that Harry's charm was a Palace PR creation, Mr. holes-in-his-shoes-ill-fitting-jackets has very little glamor once the Royal shine is gone, and as for wit--well, we all know where Harry stands there.

by Anonymousreply 477July 20, 2021 9:34 PM

They believe in manifesting, R468. Meghan was raised in the Agape cult, Doria and O are still involved. The founder wrote the book The Secret, all about manifesting.

by Anonymousreply 478July 20, 2021 10:06 PM

Divorce, R472.

by Anonymousreply 479July 20, 2021 10:09 PM

Do you know any tech billionaires? They're a bunch of semi-autistic drones.

by Anonymousreply 480July 20, 2021 10:16 PM

I wonder if this latest drama is the final straw that causes the Queen to pull their ducal titles

by Anonymousreply 481July 20, 2021 10:43 PM

Oh dear! But, he is kinda cute...

Charles, look away. Harry’s ghostwriter has daddy issues Best known for writing Andre Agassi’s autobiography, JR Moehringer will probably bring style and psychobabble to the prince’s story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482July 20, 2021 10:49 PM

It was so predictable she was gonna be trouble.

by Anonymousreply 483July 20, 2021 10:53 PM

R473 Seven year itch, that's what I think too.

by Anonymousreply 484July 20, 2021 10:59 PM

I find it very interesting that beyond the Oprah interview, Meghan is largely keeping her mouth shut. She is letting Harry do all the dirty work and I guess that gives her a smooth exit option if things blow up. She can claim, I told him not to write that book, I urged him to make up with his family.

by Anonymousreply 485July 20, 2021 11:33 PM

[quote]I find it very interesting that beyond the Oprah interview, Meghan is largely keeping her mouth shut.

It really does make you think that now that she's pooped out the kid, she's already positioning herself for a post-Harry life, while Harry burns down his whole world

by Anonymousreply 486July 20, 2021 11:36 PM

I hate Harry for making me feel sorry for Charles. Apparently Charles is reeling because he doesn't understand how they've grown so distant. Charles (like the Queen) is a workaholic and was in retrospect not involved enough in his sons daily lives after Diana died. But allegedly Harry was always closer to Charles and Harry often worked at trying to get William and Charles on better terms. (It's only been in the last few years that William and Charles found good footing). But it was after the marriage to Meghan that suddenly Charles became the villain.

by Anonymousreply 487July 20, 2021 11:47 PM

My guess is she tapped into his unresolved resentment over Diana. It had to be there. Both his sons must be ambivalent about Camilla. I mean, of all the women in the world... I also wonder if like Meghanstein hasn't lost control of the monster. But that's according her some shred of decency. He hasn't been dictating a book for the last year in the face of her reluctance. This is her whole pattern when it comes to family, though on an unimaginable scale. The cheek of that destructive creature. I don't even know what her end game is any more. They're becoming loathed by the population and increasingly avoided by the A list. Their business deals are sputtering (lots of announcements, not a lot of results.) I doubt they're in any wills back in the UK. I can no longer figure out what her end game is.

by Anonymousreply 488July 20, 2021 11:56 PM

Bringing down the BRF perhaps, R488. And if true, they have backers. Fits, no?

by Anonymousreply 489July 21, 2021 12:10 AM

I don't like Dan but he isn't wrong here and I love that he's not afraid to say what we all know: when Meghan leaves Harry, he's going to be a broken man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 21, 2021 12:39 AM

I loved that one of Charles' courtiers, upon hearing the news of harry's upcoming 'hagiography' immediately quipped:

'Prince Harry, my Royal Life as recounted by Meghan Markle'

Such is exactly what the title of the upcoming fictional account should be.

by Anonymousreply 491July 21, 2021 12:45 AM

R489 Messiah complex? Avenging the global oppressed and “taking back” something? Oh and making a bit of scratch while at it.

by Anonymousreply 492July 21, 2021 12:46 AM

Wooten at R490 makes a good point.

Re the book...

How much of the money will end up going to charity? If Harry uses the word "proceeds' from the book, couldn't that mean only money that comes after the $20 million advance is considered part of the whole?

by Anonymousreply 493July 21, 2021 12:53 AM

R493, well, first of all, how do we know he’s getting paid $20 million? Pffft. I’ll believe it when I see the cancelled check.

And if the charity is Archewell, we know what percentage he’s pocketing (95%).

by Anonymousreply 494July 21, 2021 12:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 21, 2021 1:26 AM

Prince Harry may not be the brightest spark but surely he can see how hypocritical his latest venture appears?

“I’m writing this not as the Prince I was born but as the man I have become,” Harry said, in the statement about his new autobiography… with the sign-off: “Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex”.

In that one sentence, he encapsulated what many have come to see as the spirit of Harry and Meghan: have your cake and eat it.

To recap, the Sussexes withdrew from royal duties and yet tried unsuccessfully to hold on to their Sussex Royal brand. Prince Harry attacked the press for invasion of his private life. Yet he felt comfortable enough to invite Oprah Winfrey into his backyard – and James Corden on a double-decker tour of LA – to give his side of the story, slanted – so it appeared – against the Royal Family. As the Daily Star claimed, on its front page at the time, “Publicity-shy couple to tell all to Oprah.”

The longer this goes on, many of us long to tell Harry, the more ridiculous it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 21, 2021 3:16 AM

Part 2: Harry Mount 20 July 2021 • 7:34pm Harry Mount Harry’s latest project is an ‘intimate and heartfelt memoir’ Harry’s latest project is an ‘intimate and heartfelt memoir’ Credit: Invision

Prince Harry may not be the brightest spark but surely he can see how hypocritical his latest venture appears?

“I’m writing this not as the Prince I was born but as the man I have become,” Harry said, in the statement about his new autobiography… with the sign-off: “Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex”.

In that one sentence, he encapsulated what many have come to see as the spirit of Harry and Meghan: have your cake and eat it.

To recap, the Sussexes withdrew from royal duties and yet tried unsuccessfully to hold on to their Sussex Royal brand. Prince Harry attacked the press for invasion of his private life. Yet he felt comfortable enough to invite Oprah Winfrey into his backyard – and James Corden on a double-decker tour of LA – to give his side of the story, slanted – so it appeared – against the Royal Family. As the Daily Star claimed, on its front page at the time, “Publicity-shy couple to tell all to Oprah.”

The longer this goes on, many of us long to tell Harry, the more ridiculous it looks. Harry and Meghan during their explosive Oprah interview Harry and Meghan during their explosive Oprah interview Credit: Reuters

Even with the end of the Sussex Royal brand, Harry seems determined to persist with this idea that now he is his own man: a private self-made individual. But, it seems so obvious to everyone else, he would not be that man or have the success, coverage and money he’s got, without having been born a prince. Or, for that matter, still calling himself a prince – and the Duke of Sussex.

For example, it is clear that it is only as a prince that Harry secured the reputed $20m book deal with Penguin Random House. If he were plain Harry Smith – a Brit living in LA and working at a startup – he would be of no interest to the publishing world.

It’s hard not to conclude that the Sussexes seem to want all the trappings of royalty with none of the boring bits. Just look at the Oprah interview and how concerned the Duchess seemed to be with the lack of a princedom for Archie – not to mention her clear worry at their current lack of security, previously available while they were on royal duties.

It’s difficult not to wonder what Peter Cook would have made of them. In Not Only… But Also, his 1960s series with Dudley Moore, Cook parodied the famous recluse, Greta Garbo. Dressed up as Garbo, he took to the top of a double-decker and shouted at passers-by, through a megaphone, Garbo’s supposed catchphrase, “I want to be alone.”

The difference was Garbo wasn’t a hypocrite: she did want to be alone. She retired from films at the age of 35 and lived till 84 in near-complete seclusion.

Harry and Meghan could have done the same. If they’d retired to a life of quiet domesticity in LA – as many of us assumed they wanted at first – they’d have eventually slipped into obscurity, after the initial fuss died down.

Instead, the pair are barely off our screens, airwaves and now bookshelves. Hardly a week goes by without some new Sussex media venture being announced, from those megabucks deals with Netflix and Spotify to last weekend’s announcement of a family-focused cartoon series for Netflix, called Pearl.

The duchess, its executive producer, said: “Like many girls her age, our heroine Pearl is on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life’s daily challenges.”

Certainly, she must be hoping Pearl does a lot better than her children’s book, The Bench, which came out earlier this year – and struggled to sell in British bookshops.

The book’s cover had her name as ‘Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex’.

by Anonymousreply 497July 21, 2021 3:17 AM

Final: In strict etiquette terms, that’s wrong. She can be the Duchess of Sussex or Meghan – but, as long as she’s married to Harry, she can’t be both.

Still, by using both names, Meg gets all the intimate friendliness she wants to signal to potential buyers, while retaining the status that goes with being a duchess.

The problem is that, so far, the Sussexes haven’t revealed much solid broadcasting or literary talent. The mass attention they crave only goes with royal revelations of the sort they poured out to Oprah Winfrey.

But, when it comes to royal gossip, the Sussexes are feeding off dwindling resources. Living in LA, thousands of miles from Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace, they are getting decreasing access to the heart of the royal action.

Harry is said to be keen to get back to Britain for a royal christening, attended by the Queen, for Lilibet Diana, his newborn daughter. That would make for a nice, uplifting last chapter in the autobiography – and perhaps be an ideal moment to close the book on the couple’s busy publicity schedule, too.

by Anonymousreply 498July 21, 2021 3:18 AM

I feel very sorry for the Queen, having to rise above this in the last years of her life, with a milestone coming up in her reign that will in all likelihood never be repeated. To have to ignore this cheap drama. She deserved better.

by Anonymousreply 499July 21, 2021 3:20 AM

On the face of it, it seems impossible that christening could happen or their presence at the Jubilee. And yet, essentially to fuck with them, to deny them anything to complain about, why not do it? Why not let them come? Deprive them of being deprived and let them enjoy the polite reception with just a touch of something missing and the smallest of small talk and the booing when their very own carriage passes by. It would be a hell of a blinder to pull on them. I don't know what happens.

by Anonymousreply 500July 21, 2021 3:22 AM

How much do you want to bet the book is going to be accompanied by an equally explosive documentary on Netflix, that he'll suggest the elements within the monarchy had his mother killed because she was dating a man of color......

by Anonymousreply 501July 21, 2021 3:48 AM

Yep, replete with secret recordings, vids and photos, topped up at Philip's funeral. Those family convos will be a bit of a teaser in Scooby Doo's updated book out late summer. And don't forget that the guy they hired for Archewell owns the rights to a script about Diana having been killed by the BRF, maybe that is the 3rd act?

by Anonymousreply 502July 21, 2021 3:57 AM

^ more info re: film script here. IMHO this was likely the reason they hired this particular guy. I do think their goal is the takedown of the BRF and I think they act confident @ $ b/c they have backers. They do not intend to rely on his family for money or relationships going forward, they intend to burn it all to the ground, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 503July 21, 2021 4:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504July 21, 2021 4:16 AM

If Charles should predecease his mother, Harry and Meghan could always request a Royal Warrant of Precedence for Archie and Lilibet which would allow them the title and style of HRH Prince/Princess and the corresponding precedence.

by Anonymousreply 505July 21, 2021 4:33 AM

Is Page Six pro or anti-Sussex? I'm not sure if this article is just pure spin from the H&M camp or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506July 21, 2021 4:47 AM

If $20 million was really the payment, Harry’s going to have to spill serious family dirt.

by Anonymousreply 507July 21, 2021 5:22 AM

The RF should allow the Christening saying it will be a grand, family affair, then just not turn up - they all suddenly get food poisoning. Meghan would be livid.

by Anonymousreply 508July 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Yikes:

Can the same be said for the Duke? Moehringer has spoken of the importance of candour when writing a memoir: “Of [those] I’ve read that have failed for me, often the reason they fail is that the writer has decided not to bare his or her soul,” he said in 2005. “You feel the writer is holding back. Part of the pleasure of reading a memoir is feeling that someone is confiding in you, that they are being honest.”

Born John Joseph Moehringer in New York City in 1964, as he recounts in his own memoir, The Tender Bar, he was always known as JR, short for junior – an awkward moniker since his DJ father abandoned him as a child. To fill that void, Moehringer devoted much of his early life to seeking replacement father figures, which led to him spending long hours in a local bar called Publicans with his Uncle Charlie and his drinking buddies.

That might sound morose, but Moehringer – a natural raconteur – spins those experiences into entertaining anecdotes, soon to become a Hollywood movie, produced and directed by George Clooney for Amazon. It stars Ben Affleck as Uncle Charlie and Tye Sheridan as Moehringer, and has now completed filming, so may well appear next year along with Prince Harry’s book.----

....If Open is astonishingly candid, that is thanks to Moehringer, who read up on Freud and Jung in order to unlock Agassi’s psyche, and spent around 250 hours talking to his subject. The result is a book that grips not just sports fans but readers who couldn’t care less about tennis: it’s simply a great human story.

.... Since George Clooney is bringing Moehringer’s memoir to the screen, and the A-lister is also a friend of the Sussexes – he and Amal attended their wedding, and gave Meghan a lift back to America on their private jet after Archie’s baby shower – it has been claimed that he connected Moehringer and Prince Harry, although sources denied this was the case.

The recommendation may also have come from someone at Netflix: the Sussexes have a reported £100 million deal with the streaming service, and Netflix has optioned the film rights to Shoe Dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509July 21, 2021 10:51 AM

[quote]Since George Clooney is bringing Moehringer’s memoir to the screen, and the A-lister is also a friend of the Sussexes – he and Amal attended their wedding, and gave Meghan a lift back to America on their private jet after Archie’s baby shower – it has been claimed that he connected Moehringer and Prince Harry, although sources denied this was the case.

I wonder how long it will be before George directly issues a statement saying he had *nothing* to do with this & didn't even know about it

by Anonymousreply 510July 21, 2021 10:58 AM

What a completely ludicrous statement from a professional ghost-writer!

by Anonymousreply 511July 21, 2021 11:46 AM

[quote]Can you imagine the fit (Meghan)'d throw at happy family pictures of her children playing with their cousins at Balmoral?

Hoy! Why do WE have to take one for the team? Can you imagine what those kids will be like?

You'd tap them on the shoulder playing Chasings and they'd be on Gayle King next day saying you were physically violent to biracial people.

I've got enough to worry about with my Royal duties without that.

by Anonymousreply 512July 21, 2021 12:40 PM

So basically the "writing" of this book amounts to more therapy for Harry. He sure has been stewing in it.

by Anonymousreply 513July 21, 2021 12:58 PM

Announcement timed to overshadow William? Book timed to overshadow the Jubilee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 21, 2021 1:18 PM

Angela Levin who wrote a book about Harry suggest the rumours are correct. He's likely going to pin Diana's death on the royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 21, 2021 3:06 PM

He can pin it on the Royals as much as he wants. The whole affair has been put under a microscope a billion times, and come up with nothing more than a tragic accident.

The whole premise of the BRF's involvement in her death is just a teaser for the next 2 years to build up to Harry's book, which is basically an exercise in mental illness and delusion.

The BRF's involvement is just being dangled as bait. Its all we'll hear about for the next 2 years FFS.

by Anonymousreply 516July 21, 2021 4:37 PM

He must hate his elderly grandparents and love money. It is pretty unconscionable. He really wants to burn it all down.

by Anonymousreply 517July 21, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]Angela Levin who wrote a book about Harry suggest the rumours are correct. He's likely going to pin Diana's death on the royals.

Specifically, maybe his goal is to hurt his father by going after Camilla and turning public opinion against her. It would be ironic if when the book is published (and god knows what else he'll do between now & then) he ends up making her a more sympathetic figure who's had to put up with a cunt of a stepson since the tragic death of his beautiful but crazy mother.

by Anonymousreply 518July 21, 2021 5:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519July 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Camilla and William seem comfortable together, something I noticed in the clip of Charles’ Prince of Wales investiture commemoration.

by Anonymousreply 520July 21, 2021 5:21 PM

I think if the rumours are true that he's going to place blame for Diana's death, a brilliant PR move would be to frame as though he blames himself because he couldn't save his mother. That would honestly garner him huge public sympathy. If he's spiteful and claims the royal had his mother killed or are overall responsible I think it will heavily divide opinion for and against him. A big segment of the UK population will think he's nuts, but the Diana lovers and anti-monarchists will pounce, the Americans will love it. However, unless Harry has solid proof I'm not sure Random House would want to publish that because there is no way that the royals would not sue for slander. My gut says, given they hired that Diana conspiracy guy, that they are going for the latter.

by Anonymousreply 521July 21, 2021 5:35 PM

R518 I think he does not want Camilla to be given the title of Queen (something Charles wants) because that should have been his mother's role. Also I think he doesn't want Kate to be POW because again that was his mother's title.

by Anonymousreply 522July 21, 2021 5:37 PM

Not sure why this board focuses so heavily on the women, it seems clear that Harry does not want CHARLES or WILLIAM to be king. And as his delightful wife is said to have claimed, that would leave the Narkles "one plane crash away from the throne."

I do not think Harry is motivated by his mother or Camilla as much as his own sense of being hard done by and the genetic Spencer rage he exhibited from early childhood. He externalizes everything wrong in his life and uses it to stoke the lifelong anger. By never taking responsibility it is a never ending cycle. I do think it is likely that they have backers in this quest, thus no fear of being left needing the BRF money.

by Anonymousreply 523July 21, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]as though he blames himself because he couldn't save his mother.

I'd argue that might have worked - once. But he's a grown man, he knows that's rubbish, and having shown himself to be a self-serving little shit since his marriage to Lilly Dillon, he'd only fool the idiots he already owns, like the goons who swan in here from time to time crying racism and rescue chickens.

The only reason thinking people will read this book is to see how far he'll go and how low he'll sink.

by Anonymousreply 524July 21, 2021 5:43 PM

We don't have to read it for that, there will be excerpts galore and perhaps another O sit down, R524. Doubt it will sell well, much like Finding Dollars.

Sad that his elderly grandmother is left to grapple with him and the fallout in her 90s.

by Anonymousreply 525July 21, 2021 5:47 PM

DL Favourite Russell Myers' opinion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526July 21, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote]I do think it is likely that they have backers in this quest, thus no fear of being left needing the BRF money.

Who would back this nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 527July 21, 2021 7:00 PM

Anti-monarchists perhaps, one rumor was Fayed...

by Anonymousreply 528July 21, 2021 7:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529July 21, 2021 7:47 PM

I really think Harry is over-estimating the public’s interest in Princess Diana. Here in the UK, there really was comparatively little interest in the unveiling of the statue. To anyone under 40, Diana is really a remote, historic figure.

I’m sure Harry will find someone to blame for the crash, and that there will be a pity party over a few hundred pages, but I’d bet on it being forgotten after a week or two, with Harry’s standing further diminished and the Royal Family will move on.

by Anonymousreply 530July 21, 2021 8:23 PM

R530 I agree that the Diana phenomenon is far more subdued now in the UK than it is in the US. That's not to say there still isn't interest in Diana but not the mania that there once was. There was, until Harry and Meghan's recent public therapy debacles, a feeling that we've moved on beyond Diana's death and we were looking forward to her legacy through William and to a lesser degree Harry. The truth is people under the age of 33 or younger have little or no living memory of her.

The more Harry seems to be stabbing his family, the more the British public are turning away. If the live poll on YouGov is any indication, people have had enough with something like 70% believing Harry is making a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 531July 21, 2021 8:33 PM

Oh, give it a fucking rest R529. You keep showing up with your crap regarding a “reality show” with “secret footage of the royal family”. New Idea is your best source for this?

Filming like that (not to mention broadcasting it) would be a criminal offence - the security implications would be more enormous than your tiny brain can compute.

I realise that you Tattle Lifers aren’t a fan of facts that contradict your maniacal narratives but please stop bringing this shit here. This used to be a place where the sane could discuss this idiotic pair....then you showed up. Bugger off.

by Anonymousreply 532July 21, 2021 8:39 PM

If Harry feels the parenting he received was so bad, it should have occurred to him that at least half (perhaps more) of the parenting he received was from Diana.

How about an interview or tell all book about THAT?

Now, that would be a blockbuster.

"How my mother Diana made me the jerk I am today. It's all her fault. Her real legacy."

by Anonymousreply 533July 21, 2021 9:04 PM

by Anonymousreply 534July 21, 2021 9:24 PM

R530 Good point. He probably has memories of masses of press interest when he was a kid. Harry will learn that middle aged, slightly dorky men don’t generate a lot of press interest unless they marry a charismatic beauty like Diana or are a future king like William and Charles.

by Anonymousreply 535July 21, 2021 9:51 PM

I remember the special Wills & Harry made for HBO about Diana & she sounded like some overly indulgent auntie (giving them candy, spoiling them, indulging them at every opportunity) rather than a parent who loves you, but also knocks you across the head when you need it. I' m sure they don't want to say anything bad about her because she's Saint Diana in their minds & they probably have very idealized memories of her, but if I wonder why (among many reasons) Harry is so willing to throw Chuck under the bus is that he probably gave Harry some tough love that his mother did not. If that's true, it's kind of sad that a middle aged man with two kids of his own can't recognize that being a *real* parent requires more than indulging every whim.

by Anonymousreply 536July 21, 2021 10:16 PM

R532 In fairness, for months people were dismissing the rumours that Harry was writing a tell-all and now here we are. They've hired a Diana death conspiracy nut while I'm not sure about a reality show...there is going to be a behind the curtain documentary at minimum.

by Anonymousreply 537July 21, 2021 10:36 PM

r515 Why is it that every tweet or twitter account I looked at under that tweet that was pro Harkle or referred to themselves as the Sussex squad seemed extremely emotionally incontinent? I was tempted to reply to some of the ridiculous comments but realised how much I dreaded the prospect of low iq idiotic philistines crawling all over my twitter timeline!

by Anonymousreply 538July 21, 2021 10:49 PM

r521 I really don't think Diana fans or Diana supporters are that big a group and many within that group support Prince William and think Harry hasn't served his mother or her memory well with his behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 539July 21, 2021 10:56 PM

In a Daily Maul roundup, claims the Thenardiers are putting the Queen in an unfair position with this christening stunt; royal expert claims the Barbossas might be uninvited to the jubilee after the news about the impending Monarchy by Dummies; and the gossip column speculates the Wessexes might deliver a fuck you to would-be King Charles this November, when Lady Louise is legitimately entitled to claim the title of HRH Princess Louis.

The poor Queen. Not a moment's peace and then you die. Miss Ellie didn't have it this bad.

by Anonymousreply 540July 22, 2021 12:25 AM

Princess Louise, obviously. She's plain, but it's not that bad.

by Anonymousreply 541July 22, 2021 12:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 22, 2021 12:30 AM

R536

[quote] I remember the special Wills & Harry made for HBO about Diana & she sounded like some overly indulgent auntie (giving them candy, spoiling them, indulging them at every opportunity)

This reminds me of a quote from Jackie Kennedy.

[quote] If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543July 22, 2021 12:36 AM

R537 You mean the “rumours” about an autobiography that have been mentioned in the national press for over a year? Hardly the same.

There won’t be any “behind the scenes” stuff involving the royal family or their homes. That would be illegal, ffs.

Markle has just won a privacy case about a letter...and you morons think surreptitiously filmed footage could be broadcast anywhere in the world? Think.

by Anonymousreply 544July 22, 2021 12:41 AM

Yea, Harry shares memories of Diana in weird way…an over indulgent aunt is a good description. Maybe because he was that much younger when she died, his memories are stronger from the fun, silly times. I think Diana could be pretty strict, there is a photo of her giving William a smack on his bottom after some naughtiness on the polo field.

by Anonymousreply 545July 22, 2021 1:52 AM

R545 Harry has allegedly told friends that he actually doesn't really remember much about his childhood or his mother. I always felt that Harry kind of "gripped" on to William's memories and then started making them his own. It probably also bothers Harry that William was allegedly Diana's favourite.

by Anonymousreply 546July 22, 2021 2:07 AM

He was twelve when she died. Now I know he's said to be dim, but come on...

R545... that's consistent with some of the video I've seen of Diana with the children. She was loving but she had clear expectations about behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 547July 22, 2021 2:18 AM

Off the top: Harry shush! (Mother glare.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548July 22, 2021 2:22 AM

She often seemed frustrated with Harry and to be trying to contain his behavior. She discussed him with her own psychiatrist and complained about his anger and getting in fights at school. Some of his anger is likely due to her. He is not doing this for love or on her behalf, he is doing it for money and to even the score for being born second.

by Anonymousreply 549July 22, 2021 4:01 AM

[quote]Camilla and William seem comfortable together

All the evidence suggests that William has no time for crazy women. He was old enough to have got a glimpse of what his father had to deal with with his mother, and I'm sure he's heard much more about it in recent years, because we all have.

Diana probably was like an indulgent aunt to the boys, in that she mothered them with that kind of frequency. They had a nanny, and then boarding school, for the boring stuff, so she could spend her time taking them to theme parks and St Tropez, but she was off living the glamorous life much of the time. That famous footage of her throwing her arms open for them to rush in depicts her return from a tour. Two completely narc things she did that no child should be asked to forgive her for: she fired their nanny because the boys were "too close" to her and wouldn't let her say good-bye or give a reason for leaving; and she gave the Panorama interview while they were off, defenceless and without family support, at boarding-school.

by Anonymousreply 550July 22, 2021 11:46 AM

William, in particular, was said to be devastated by the Panorama interview. He watched it while at Eton and was terribly upset.

by Anonymousreply 551July 22, 2021 11:52 AM

I thought this post looking backwards was interesting. Harry has ALWAYS been a loose cannon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 22, 2021 12:07 PM

As well he might be, R551. It was a total betrayal of him and Harry. Treated them as though their needs were immaterial.

by Anonymousreply 553July 22, 2021 12:17 PM

William's peers were said to be pretty cruel about it.

by Anonymousreply 554July 22, 2021 1:03 PM

It was a mistake. She knew it. Everybody knew it. William probably has the brains and life experience to be able to put it in a context as an adult and forgive her, or at least reconcile himself to the pressures and circumstances that drove her to that especially bad call. Remember all that press that shows Bashir manipulated her into it. She still might have chosen differently but she had a lot of help not to.

by Anonymousreply 555July 22, 2021 1:10 PM

Andrew Morton claims she wanted to do the interview anyway. It was always about getting her side of the story out there before Charles could make a move. The only thing that might have stopped her was knowing in advance that it wasn't just going to one-up him, it was going to royally piss off the Queen, who issued divorce orders forthwith and removed her seat of power.

I don't think William thought she was a saint even before she died. That is the crucial difference between him and Harry, and it does seem to have allowed him to put her life in context. If anything, it's helped him to make better choices than she or Charles ever did.

by Anonymousreply 556July 22, 2021 1:59 PM

That story about Diana engaging Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and I think one other supermodel to surprise William on his birthday…that was weird.

I do think Harry and Megan will make some sort of reality show but they will class it up and call it a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 557July 22, 2021 2:34 PM

R556 Yeah many people who knew Diana well claim that she regretted that interview not because she didn't want to get message out but because she underestimated the Queen's response. Despite her paranoia and her feeling of victimhood she did not want a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 558July 22, 2021 4:20 PM

Diana never thought the Queen would be pushed so far that she would demand that Diana and Charles divorce. So many of those who claim to honour Diana’s memory forget that she was not an anti-establishment figure. She was an aristocrat and a staunch monarchist. She looked forward to her period as Queen and would never really have wanted to harm the institution. She would have been deeply saddened to see Harry abandon his brother in the way he has.

by Anonymousreply 559July 22, 2021 4:28 PM

r556 Real mature love is an acceptance of the person warts and all not not making a saint, hero or idealising the person and putting them on a pedestal. Harrys love for his mother is immature love.

by Anonymousreply 560July 22, 2021 7:28 PM

The latest from the one and only Lady Colin Campbell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561July 22, 2021 7:29 PM

Can't listen at the moment, who is allegedly damaged? Harry? Lili? MeGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 562July 22, 2021 7:33 PM

I keep reading what a "staunch monarchist" Diana was. I'm not arguing but where is this coming from?

by Anonymousreply 563July 22, 2021 8:00 PM

She was a staunch monarchist in the same way Cersei Lannister was a staunch monarchist: as long as I am on the throne, or my child is, the monarchy is very important!

by Anonymousreply 564July 23, 2021 2:02 AM

I hope Harry's memoir is written in Nostradamus quatrains or haiku or something. Maybe it will include a Goofus and Gallant style chapter, or a word search or crossword. So many ways to present his Truth!

by Anonymousreply 565July 23, 2021 6:14 AM

My Royal mother died Wifely racial threats abound So much cash to take

by Anonymousreply 566July 23, 2021 11:51 AM

My Royal mother died

Wifely racial threats abound

So much cash to take

by Anonymousreply 567July 23, 2021 11:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568July 23, 2021 1:01 PM

Meghan's estrangement from her entire family apart from Doria should have been the biggest red flag of all.

by Anonymousreply 569July 23, 2021 1:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570July 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571July 24, 2021 12:23 AM

The goal really IS to bring down the BRF, chasing money is the cover. This has been the agenda all along, Haz is a patsy.

by Anonymousreply 572July 24, 2021 12:27 AM

Despite what Haz & Smegs think, the Old Girl has a few more years in her. She's looked fresh as a daisy since Prince Phillip died and there seems to be some deliberate strategy for Charles to serve as a bridge between the next generation BRF, William and his family. Those two, on the other hand, are circling the drain. I don't know that they can hold out until Granny dies.

by Anonymousreply 573July 24, 2021 12:36 AM

r572 I dont believe they will succeed in that whether that is their plan or not. I honestly dont think by the time the Queen dies which could be nearly a decade off that any interest in his allegations will be all that high and certainly not his merching of his late mother.

The reality is every year that passes less and less people have any real memory of Princess Diana as a public figure and less interest .Her fanclub or people emotionally invested in her story are a shrinking asset .Sure a small minority of people who are younger but fascinated with past historical or iconic figures will join that group of people interested in Diana but not really in sufficient numbers to replace the many naturally dying out from that era.

Even many of us who were around when she was alive have moved on or not maintained a passionate interest. To be blunt Diana is a fading phenomenen and becoming less relevant.Thats not bad or an insult it is natural.

by Anonymousreply 574July 24, 2021 12:56 AM

r573 She has more zest at 95 and less frailty at 95 than her mother did.I think she could make it into the 2030s. I cannot see many people beyond a small hardcore being interested in Harrys revelations by that time.

by Anonymousreply 575July 24, 2021 12:58 AM

I think they'll just be fattening the pig. There can't be much new scandal, if any, to drop. They'll just be trying to tart it up to make more money.

They are both talentless. Nothing to sell but their own grievances, real and imagined. And it's dull and pretty disasteful in two people closer to forty than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 576July 24, 2021 2:50 AM

Well there goes the inheritance.

Doesn't seem like they are thinking this through, long term.

by Anonymousreply 577July 24, 2021 3:46 AM

Harry's lawyers are denying he intends to write more than one memoir but didn't deny that there is a four book deal. Now thinking about it, of course Harry would try and capitalize of the Queen's death. The Queen will be deified in her death I think (at least in the immediate aftermath), a perfect time for Harry to release a book about "Granny and Me."

by Anonymousreply 578July 24, 2021 4:09 AM

His mental health problems seem evident. What rotten luck... of all the people in the world, those two found each other.

I advanced a theory they should invite them to the Jubilee etc. to deprive them of anything to complain about and if they got booed, maybe they'd learn something. Now I don't think it's a question of if but rather how badly.

They are nothing without a link. After this announcement, I am more of the camp to forget they ever existed. Gaslight them by ignoring them. Give them the full Duke and Duchess of Windsor treatment. No Jubilees, no christenings, no weddings, no Christmases, no Troopings, no coronation. Allow them at funerals, but seated amongst the congregation. Cast them out. Make their place seen and felt. The exile will make them seem desperate as they continue trying to sell out.

by Anonymousreply 579July 24, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]Harry's lawyers are denying he intends to write more than one memoir but didn't deny that there is a four book deal.

Mmm. After the memoir he intends to write one on moral philosophy, one on quantum mechanics and one on Yoga in collaboration with Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 580July 25, 2021 1:42 PM

Meghan of all people is writing a book on wellness?!?!? What will the chapters be? Lying? Grifting? Tea Tossing? Bullying? Ghosting friends and family?

by Anonymousreply 581July 25, 2021 3:31 PM

Oh, and I left out Nursing Petty Grievances for profit.

by Anonymousreply 582July 25, 2021 3:31 PM

What horrible human beings they are.

by Anonymousreply 583July 25, 2021 4:28 PM

Thread almost full. Started Part 6. All aboard for the train wreck duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 25, 2021 6:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!