Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan and Harry Stir the Pot, Part Five

Part Four now paywalled, so have at it here, royal gossips.

by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2021 2:03 PM

What is the consensus here, is Euge a Harkle sympathizer or a mole for TRF?

I lean towards mole as the York girls get so little fanfare I can't imagine having her wedding day hijacked by MegTungsten's pregnancy stunt endeared her to them or their mother. But I could be wrong....

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2021 2:59 PM

Damn That Uppity Negress Impotent Whinging Thread #3,663,535

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2021 3:00 PM

I think Bea is the weak link. Meg probably flatters and inflames her. Probably gives her bits of LA celeb gossip and waits for the royal gossip. Bea doesn’t seem to be a good judge of character and probably hates Will and Kate.

I’d bet $500 the “racist” comment was telegraphed to the Sussexes via Bea.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2021 10:37 PM

This whole story is nothing more complicated than jealousy. Meghan was jealous of Kate. Harry is jealous of William. Bea and Eugenie are jealous of William and Kate. Andrew is jealous of Charles. Fergie was always jealous of Diana. Remember how she told people she loaned shoes to Diana who then gave them back and Fergie got athlete's foot. People seem to have forgotten how Fergie was pushing Diana to leave Charles.

The green-eyed monster is outta control!

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2021 10:43 PM

Annnnnd blocked, r2

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2021 10:45 PM

R2 Blocked

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2021 11:50 PM

Oh, I must have r2 blocked from some other thread because I didn’t even see it. Trying to get the thread closed.

The “Pearl” thing could do well. Maybe. It’s difficult to get the tone right. If it’s too preachy, kids don’t like it.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2021 12:52 AM

Where’s Doria? I thought the whole reason she’s living with Harry and Meghan is to be the corroborating person (Harry abusive) when the divorce goes down.

Laying low because bullying investigations gaining steam. Usually the culpable ones lay low when they know shit or exposé is about to hit the fan. Sort of like when Chrissy Teigen quit (then returned) Twitter just before she was canceled. Same thing with Yashar Ali tweeting his depression just before LA Magazine exposé on his scummy character.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2021 1:10 AM

I don't think Euge loves Meghan and Harry but I do think she hates Charles and deeply resents William and Kate. And Charles despises Andrew and has never been careful about hiding it.

It was Charles who stopped Andrew's late and lame attempt to shoehorn his daughters onto the royal gravy train right after William married Kate.

I doubt Bea cared. She's a nice, sweet, slack sort who only wanted the life she finally got with her husband.

But Euge always had more going on upstairs and I think was keen to have the gig if she could.

I don't think she's ever forgiven Charles for his naked contempt for both her parents, or for stopping her from joining the ranks of senior working royals.

If she's giving the Harkles a hand here and there ny feeding them tidbits of family gossip, it's payback for Charles.

But that's all she's got, and if she thinks Charles doesn't know, she should think again.

But the Yorks are out, thanks to Andrew. She's do better to be a angry at her father but I suppose it's easier to shift all the blame onto Charles instead of the utterly feckless, graceless, and incredibly stupid behaviour of her parents.

No one is passing state secrets to Harry. Only the Queen sees those state papers. She's as likely to discuss them in front of Harry and Euge as she is to throw herself off the turrets of Windsor Castle. Only her Private Secretary assists with those and you can bet your arse he ain't talking.

So all the MI5 and MI6 stuff is bullshit. So is talk of private videos secretly taken by Harry and Meghan. Like, passing each other in the halls? They all live in separate homes, being in the same place together only on special occasions.

And whatever they have is illegal to show and they know it, never mind that it's so anodyne it would put viewers to sleep.

This is all tabloid smoke and mirrors.

Whoever dropped the story about Charles and the issue of the Edinburgh title, it wasn't Euge. She's not exactly someone Charles would have discussed the matter before.

Louis is in line for the York ducal title. That one is always reserved for the younger son. He's 3 years old. If Louis marries at 35, Andrew will likely be dead, and Louis will get the York dukedom on his wedding day. They aren't all going to live to 98. And Andrew is fat, isolated, and bitter. I don't picture him living that long.

I do wonder who leaked the Edinburgh story which I'm not at all sure I even believe.

But I don't think it was Euge. No matter how resentful of Charles she is, she can't not know that the leak would inevitably be traced back to her, and that if she wants access to some of those goodies like Grace and Favour homes, and her kids in good with the next reign, this kind of action is over the line and not worth the danger.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2021 9:49 AM

Meghan/Meghan = Pearl ... a sheer coincidence? Probably not.

Quoted from wiktionary.en:

Megan / Meghan - Originally a Welsh pet form of Margaret, now often used as an independent given name

Margaret - From the name of a legendary third century saint, from Middle English Margaret, from Old French Margaret (French Marguerite), from Latin Margarita, from Ancient Greek μαργαρίτης (margarítēs, “pearl”), ultimately from an Indo-Iranian source. [...]

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2021 10:07 AM

With Margaret meaning pearl, they could've named Lilibucks Margaret or Margarita or something like that - that would've been the PERFECT merching opportunity AND Megsy would've had her "Little Pearl ( = Meghan, that is)" without stirring the shit pot like they used to do with using Lilibet.

Well, stirring the shit pot was exactly what they were aiming at in the first place, so ...

Anyway, Margaret or Margarita would've been nice and could've been interpreted as a nod to HM The Queen without being and looking like vindictive cunts.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2021 10:08 AM

I really don't see Charles or William wanting to make any more royal dukes, after the current fiasco. What benefit does it bring? There are no other hereditary peers being created, so they stand out like privileged sore thumbs. They don't usually have any useful regional role relating to their titles. Charles is supposed to want a slim line monarchy focussed on the line of succession - in which case there's no point in enhancing ancillary branches. I don't see Charlotte or Louis getting extra titles. There's nothing wrong with being just HRH Prince or Princess.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2021 10:44 AM

Agreed r4, Fergie was a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2021 11:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2021 2:40 PM

It will be interesting to see how her father is portrayed in the cartoon....

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2021 3:00 PM

The main reason the royals-and most celebrities- don't attack the Daily Mail is because they are so fucking vindictive. Meghan made an enemy for life, one that will never let up. She's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2021 3:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2021 3:25 PM

Before the Democratic primary started, I just assumed Kamala would be the frontrunner: checked so many woke boxes, Senator from California. She looked unstoppable. OK, she personally is underwhelming, devoid of charisma and doesn't appear to be able to think on her feet, but I still thought she would be the one. Then she ran the worst campaign in history with her sister as campaign manager and her attention whore niece playing twitter troll. I'm thinking she surrounds herself with bitchy cronies.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2021 5:22 PM

As the twin Part 5 has been paywalled, this one can serve as the backup!

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 9:18 PM

For fuck's sake: Fergie's on the cover of People. She's back from the dead and out to make a buck, inspired by the Harkles..

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 9:25 PM

Thanks, r19. I find it interesting that Markle is completely silent.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 10:08 PM

R21 I think she's positioning herself to come out of this well. If the book blows up and Harry's reputation is tarnished she can leave him and play the "I told him not to write it. I wanted him to make up with his family" card. She would probably also accuse him of being unstable to try and get full custody of the kids. If the book goes well, she can be the "inspiration" the one who encouraged him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 10:22 PM

Dan is on the money here...though I disagree that Diana didn't want to be famous....I think once she became famous she did crave it...Meghan just always wanted to be famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 10:25 PM

Very interesting. This is the first Tom Bower interview after the news of Harry's book. Everyone is waiting for Bower's book, which is set to be unsparing, if his previous royal biographies are anything to go by.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 11:18 PM

R24 It's believe Bower has managed to get Meghan's ex-husband Trevor to talk on record as well as her Toronto ex (the Chief whose name i can't remember).

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2021 11:50 PM

I hope Bower can get the story about the hazing of sorority candidates at Northwestern. That story is really, really nasty.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 12:38 AM

This is funny:

[quote] And of course, if America wasn’t impressed by lineage, it’s doubtful that the Grabdication project would have ended up there: don’t forget the little bundle of loot — sorry, joy — that is lilibetdiana.com, a sister for Archewell, Inc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 3:31 AM

R25 why would Trevor, who has a new life and married to a pretty young heiress worth millions, possibly want to get mixed up in this again? Think, Mary.

He must be amazing in the sack, because I never thought he was much to look at and the new wife is RICH.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 4:00 AM

He may simply want to get his side of the story out, r28. He's been talked about in the media enough to justify that feeling.

Or, Bower contacts him and says "I'm planning to publish this version of events pertaining to you. If I have my facts wrong, please let me know." Many people will respond with "That's not how x happened" etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote] I really don't see Charles or William wanting to make any more royal dukes, after the current fiasco.

Charles will almost certainly make George a Duke when he marries if Charles is king by then.

And when Elizabeth and Charles die and William accedes to the throne, the eldest son of the monarch automatically becomes Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay.

They are pretty much stuck with George, and they'd better hope he turns out to be stabler than his Uncle Harry.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 4:21 AM

He didn’t speak up about Scoobys book of fairy tales. And he has a pretty young rich wife. The best revenge is living well. And he is.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 4:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2021 6:02 AM

I'm sooooooo shocked ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2021 6:41 AM

KKK thread, F & F.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2021 9:11 AM

George is an ugly child. Small brown eyes, awful eyebags like someone decades older, and William's ghastly horse teeth.

by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2021 9:15 AM

Diana would never have embarrassed the royal family???!!!

Oh, my sides!

It must have been another Princess of Wales who washed the family's dirty laundry in the Mortpn book and then implied the Queen's heir wasn't fit to be King (although she have had a point there) on that infamous Panorama interview.

Diana was always a frustrated Star. She and Meghan had that in common. Small talent, Big Stage Longings.

Diana just turned out to be better on the royal stage than Meghan.

Diana never knew Charles well let alone understood him.

But she understood the phrase Her Royal Highness Diana, Princess of Wales.

Hence, her fixation marrying him from her mid- teens, when it was already clear that advantageous marriage was all she was fit for.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2021 11:32 AM

R24 How ironic if Harry's and the Bower book come out at the same time, but Harry's is far less shocking than the media is trying to assure the public it will be, and gets totally overshadowed by Bower's ruthlessly truthful portrait of Meghan the lying, scheming, bullying, opportunist who always bites the hands that feed her and then expects them to apologise for the blood.

Can't wait. The Bower book and the leak of the bullying investigation findings out at the same time as Harry's More About How Mum's Death Defines Me self-fest.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2021 11:48 AM

R36 I know! Makes me wonder if this old guy who's supposedly writing a scary, definitive book on Meghan has any clue what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2021 12:34 PM

Cambridges put it out there they weren't releasing an 8th birthday photo of George and then they did release one. Smart move, malevolent Meg wasn't able to sabotage the day.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2021 12:44 PM

R38 - Well, Bower was right on one point: as Diana got her licks in, it was really Charles she was after, she wasn't intent on destroying her children's patrimony. She was, after all, and English aristocrat and the beneficiary of the system upon which the monarchy is the pinnacle. She probably did respect the Queen in a way that Meghan never did - she never saw the Windsors as anything but a really good mark and a stepping stone.

And Charles does bear some responsibility here for marrying a woman he didn't love, being utterly helpless at handling his marital mistake.

In that sense, Bower is probably not that far off, it's just that using the phrase "would never have embarrassed the royal family" was fatally stupid when all one has to do is mention Morton and Bashir.

The real difference between Diana and Meghan is that Meghan only wanted the perks and never wanted the job - she and Harry knew before the ring was on her finger that they were planning to use the BRF to get themselves established as a couple and then leave with as much cachet and cash as they could.

Diana didn't want out: she wanted Charles to come crawling back to her and to go on being his wife and a future Queen. That the expectation was ludicrously unrealistic is something Diana, like most narcissists super-optimistic about things always going her way, only found out after the fact. Then she realised her mistake.

I don't think Meghan thinks she made a mistake. She got what she wanted: fame, wealth, and status without having to do work she clearly loathed.

Don't underestimate Bower, though. He was talking to stir the pot, too.

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2021 12:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 1:23 PM

^ the photo is cut off. Here is the caption under the cartoon.

"Uncle Harry's given me a diary to start keeping - he said I'd never know when I might need one".

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 1:25 PM

I’m personally quite certain that if Diana were around, she would now be very “woke,” for lack of a better term.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 2:07 PM

I doubt Harry is capable of writing a book or that his 'book' will ever be published. He's just trying to blackmail the royal family again. He's basically a vindictive teenager whose Daddy cut off his allowance.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 4:26 PM

R43 Unlikely. Diana was liberal but she was also fairly establishment. She wanted the monarchy to survive because she wanted William to be King (in fact she wanted the crown to skip Charles and go right to William).

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 4:29 PM

Given the Queen's unexpected longevity, if HM hadn't been pushed to free the Waleses from their doomed marriage, they'd be "celebrating" 40 years together this year. Just imagine the leaked stories all this time.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2021 5:41 PM

"Am I fucking Queen yet?????" - 60 year old Di

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2021 5:42 PM

R46 They likely still would have divorced but not until after the Queen Mum died. That marriage was dead by the end of the 1980s. They had both aired too much of their dirty laundry in public and it would be impossible for the public to ever believe that had made up. I suspect they would have divorced by the mid-00s and with William and Harry being older, Diana would have retained her HRH. She would've eventually remarried (possibly more than once) and Charles would have married Camilla before the diamond jubliee. I think Diana's star would have waned to a degree as she got older but she would have had more of active role within the royal firm as William would have wanted her there as part of the fabric of the firm.

Harry believes his mother would've approved of everything he's doing...I don't think she would have.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2021 5:50 PM

R48 yeah given how he seems to aggressive target William and his wife and children, I can't understand his "my mum is cheering me on from heaven". No parent wants their children feuding.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2021 5:55 PM

My mother died when I was 11 and honestly, I barely remember her and I lived with her full-time. Harry only saw Diana during school vacations, half the time as he also spent time with his father. I'm sure his memories of her are pretty limited.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]I'm sure his memories of her are pretty limited.

All the easier to create new and manipulated memories!

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2021 6:15 PM

I had no idea Harry's art tutor at Eaton wrote Harry's final essay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2021 8:14 PM

The Royal family covered Harry's ass for years. Writing a memoir seems particularly stupid. But then, Harry is dumb as shit.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2021 8:27 PM

R52 Richard makes some interesting points in this. Harry has been somewhat bitter towards the royals for years over their alleged mistreatment of Diana and then when he felt Meghan was experiencing the same thing (again total BS) he is out for blood. But there is very little left for him to say and the Oprah interview set the tone for what the book is going to be like and it actually takes some of the sting off.

I also agree with this Tessa woman who says Harry is addicted to fame and it's kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2021 8:58 PM

The other thing Richard says is that Meghan is trying to position herself above the feud between the royals and Harry, basically she will throw Harry under the bus when the time is right.

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2021 9:05 PM

R55, I agree. After the blowback from the O interview, she stepped away. She’d accomplished what she wanted, anyway, and she can keep prodding Harry from backstage.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2021 9:13 PM

Okay this is "Grain of salt stuff" but there is a rumour going around social media a story is set to break that Tyler Perry kicked H&M our of his house (they one they stayed in when they first moved to LA) after a number of his staff complained about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2021 9:15 PM

I never understood why they were in Tyler Perry's house. How the hell would they even know him? Does he usually do good deeds for biracial D list actresses and their white husbands he doesn't know? I did hear that they left the house under unpleasant circumstances. Maybe they trashed the house.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2021 9:33 PM

I thought Oprah or Gayle asked Tyler Perry to let HaM stay in his house.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2021 11:43 PM

She got Harry as far as Canada without mentioning California, then two things happened: the Canadian public balked at paying for their annual multi-million pound security bill, then Covid happened. Harry described how they suddenly decided to move to Los Angeles literally over a single weekend when the travel restrictions were hoving into view, ostensibly so they could be near Meghan's mother.

I strongly suspect that Meghan always planned on L.A./ California, but failed to mention anything to Harry, intending to get him away from the family first, then ease him into the idea over time. After all, I imagine it was pretty easy to get Harry to agree to moving to a Commonwealth country since he assumed any Commonwealth country would pay for the security AND give him his "due deference".

Then when they were in Canada, having announced the fait d'accompli to family and public, and then once Canada balked at the massive security bill, she got to work on him to think beyond Canada.

Then Covid border closures gave her her perfect opportunity to leave him no time to think: "Harry!! We have to go RIGHT NOW!! Or precious Archie might NEVER see my mother again!!". They had nowhere set up in LA to go to within the two-day window the travel restrictions introduced, so she called Oprah, Oprah called Tyler, and presto.

Two days later they're settling in at Tyler's house, safely within Celebritytastic 50/50 divorce law land, and Meghan's first main "Megxit" objective was achieved, with Harry none the wiser that this was always her plan.

Her next objective was to get Harry to break into his trust fund to pay for a massive house. Especially as that puts the rest of the trust fund on the table (along with the house itself) for the divorce settlement, and she achieved that too.

Quite the little golddigging achiever, our Meg.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2021 11:54 PM

R60 oh come on, Harry surely was in on this all along. Well, I guess we will soon get the real story from Harry, the pure unvarnished truth!

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2021 11:57 PM

Harry always wanted to move to Africa, r61. MEg claimed she wanted to move to Africa too and maintained that lie until the ring was on her finger. Then she started saying she felt unsafe and unprotected and Africa was too unsafe as well. She basically used the "Harry, I'll be killed like your Mommy!!" card to talk him into Canada rather than Africa, as she has used that card (along with the "You're racist if you don't _______, Harry" card) for so much else with him.

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2021 12:02 AM

R57 - That rumour has been going around for a long time. However, Perry featured Meghan's silly book somewhere, allegedly more out of a gesture toward Oprah, his close friend who backs the Harkles, but still, he did.

But the rumour has always been out there that, typically, Meghan mistreated staff and the Harkles made pains in the arses of themselves.

I can't imagine that Perry would have allowed that out there, though. He's very savvy.

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2021 12:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]How the hell would they even know him?

r58, same PR firm?

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2021 12:21 AM

Perry's mansion was near hiking trails. Very easy access for paparazzi. Which I'm SUUURE Meg hated

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2021 12:37 AM

R65 Perry and Oprah are close friends, it was Oprah who made the connection to Perry for them. Remember, she wad a guest at the wedding and the idea of an interview was percolating already.

Before she married Harry, Oprah wouldn't have let Meghan iron her clothes.

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2021 1:05 AM

[QUOTE] I doubt Harry is capable of writing a book or that his 'book' will ever be published.

Dumbass, he has a ghost-writer already named and Penguin lined up to publish in late 2022. The book isn't going to be ALL about Diana, though. I don't know what gave people that impression.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2021 5:13 AM

[quote]I’m personally quite certain that if Diana were around, she would now be very “woke,” for lack of a better term.

Diana would have instantly recognized Meghan for what she is and cut her balls right off.

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2021 10:46 AM

R69 You got that shit right. She fired the first nanny, Barbara Barnes, because William was getting too attached to her. Diana was extremely possessive. She would have been a problem for both sons' wives, but would have tolerated Kate better because she'd have seen Kate was dedicated to William and the role, and uninterested in competing with Diana for centre-stage.

But Meghan and her hunger for the spotlight and total domination of Harry and her whingeing and complaining and mistreatment of staff?

Diana would have bitch-slapped Meghan from Kensington Palace to Inverness.

by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2021 11:40 AM

R60 I agree that California was always Megz final goal but the reason they selected Canada was at the time, they wanted to still be part-time working royals and they thought being in Canada, which is a Commonwealth country that still has the Queen as head of state, would keep you their royal appearances while being out of the UK. As you said, the Canadian public didn't want them there and it became clear the royals were not going to give into their demands so they dashed to LA before the borders closed. I think even if they had stayed part-time royals, they would have bought property in LA under the guise that Megz wanted to be closer to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 71July 23, 2021 3:26 PM

The mainstream press in the UK are turning on Harry and it's lovely. Even his more ardent supporters are saying this is probably too early to write a memoir. I think he's in for a very sad life particularly is Meghan leaves him eventually.

by Anonymousreply 72July 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2021 4:22 PM

Welcome back, Thomas Markle. Meghan is her father's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 74July 23, 2021 4:58 PM

It has to hurt Thomas that he did so much for Meghan and yet Doria is the one who received a monthly maintenance check from Prince Charles.

by Anonymousreply 75July 23, 2021 5:05 PM

Meghan lived with her father, not her mother. Which is unusual. Why didn't Doria raise Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2021 5:09 PM

R75 - Charles doesn't pay Doria a dime. Did the Harkles PR firm Sunshine Sacks inform you about this arrangement? Charles isn't responsible for Meghan's family. None of them.

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2021 6:12 PM

There was an accounting of the Harkles expenses that Charles paid from the Duchy or whatever including her wardrobe, numerology and yes payments to Doria amongst other things. It was posted here awhile back. So fuck off r77 and your eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2021 6:25 PM

I think the Harkles are flaming idiots, but all the lawyers have to do is request evidence of Thomas being a doting grandfather to his other grandchildren. *crickets*

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2021 7:01 PM

R79 Is that sort of thing admissible?

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2021 7:05 PM

Harry wants to milk his royal connection for all their worth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2021 9:18 PM

Could this new four book deal lay the groundwork for a Netflix series like The Crown, but told from Harry's point of view? That would certainly be worth a lot of money, far more than any wellness crap programming.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2021 9:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2021 9:26 PM

Is there some California? divorce law that says if the marriage lasts for more than 10 years, you’re in a better position re a payout after a divorce. Maybe something to do with community property?

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2021 9:31 PM

So with this four book deal he's totally going to try to bring down the monarchy after the Queen dies. The book to be published after the Queen dies will claim that Prince Philip ordered Diana killed because she was dating a person of colour.....royals need to completely detach themselves from Harry.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2021 10:31 PM

I'm wondering if Harry is going to get a visit from the State Department soon. He is using the US as a base to attack the Head of State of our closest ally. They can kick Harry out of the country tomorrow. Harry and Meghan are truly, unbelievably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2021 10:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2021 10:46 PM

R80 I doubt it, but I think one of Samantha's daughters is Team Meg. She can testify to a lack of relationship with her grandfather. Samantha is estranged from her mother AND her children. That's...impressive.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2021 11:03 PM

R88 not as impressive as Meghan who is estranged from her family and her in-laws! Prince Harry: "we are the family Meggie never had!"

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2021 11:09 PM

Tina Brown basically concurs with what I said at R43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2021 1:25 AM

Sheesh! Who would want such damaged goods! That's what they said about Koo Stark. How far they have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2021 2:42 AM

Most of this 'news' is fairly pedestrian, if not outright boring, yet the UK tabs splash the most lurid headlines about H&M on their front pages.

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2021 1:06 PM

R75 - Please provide a shred of proof that Charles is providing a monthly maintenance check to Meghan's mother.

I despise Meghan, but, really, these kinds of utterly unproved rumours are idiotic. Any half-decent agent could have uncovered the financial trail - especially a cheque.

So, let's have it. Please provide a link to something besides rumour that proves this.

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2021 1:47 PM

R93 the nuts see any random theory as gospel. A favorite I saw recently was that Meghan had a pregnancy when she was young and Samantha raised the child

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2021 8:23 PM

What four book deal? Klan morons.

by Anonymousreply 95July 25, 2021 1:15 AM

R94, ok, this is just stupid - just like the surrogacy thing. She did give birth to these kids - she wants herself to be tied to the BRF forever and she would not have got THAT FAT for nothing, you know.

by Anonymousreply 96July 25, 2021 9:05 AM

taken from some DM comments section

[quote] He's lucky in one way though, not everyone can pinpoint the exact moment their lives went down the toilet. "Harry may I introduce Meghan?"

by Anonymousreply 97July 25, 2021 9:22 AM

Great article in The Times today. A former close friend of Harry's claims that Harry had fears of becoming "Prince Andrew": "Harry has always been in such a rush to make an "impact", because he thinks he has a limited shelf-life before the public want to hear more from George and his siblings and he worries that after that, he’ll turn into his uncle.' " Friends speculate he wants to release his memoirs now, when he's only 37, because he worries he may have a limited shelf live even in America as well. He's desperate to stay relevant. Former friends (and even one of Harry's ex's) are ready to start spilling the tea on Harry if he discusses them in his book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 25, 2021 4:51 PM

R98 What's ironic is that I don't think Harry would have become another Andrew. Pre-Meghan, it was very clear Charles and William wanted Harry (and his eventual wife) to be a central part of their respective reigns. Charles was never close to Andrew partly because of the age gap, partly because Andrew is a pompous fool, and partly because Andrew is the Queen's favourite and it pissed Charles off.

by Anonymousreply 99July 25, 2021 8:26 PM

R99 - Ironic doesn't begin to cover it.

It's interesting that the last of Harry's personal possessions were removed from Frogmore Cottage a couple of days ago. No denial of that story has come out. The Harkles allegedly paid up the rent until 1 April 2022. Eugenie and her husband could easily pick that lease up up and the Harkles refunded.

Frogmore Cottage is a half-mile from Windsor Castle where Gran lives. One can hardly publish an accusatory memoir, with another one likely after the old lady is raptured, and expect to be comfortable at Frogmore.

Anyone else still betting on that invitation to step out onto the balcony of Buck House for next year's Extra Special Trooping the Colour with the rest of the family?

I do wish the BRF would just DO something at last.

by Anonymousreply 100July 25, 2021 10:38 PM

The very idea of these spastics 'reigning' over anyone is medieval.

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2021 1:15 AM

The Harkles will never set foot in the UK again. They'll lead their lives as reality TV celebs in LA from now on. What a pity Evelyn Waugh is dead; he could have done justice to their peculiar situation.

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2021 1:18 AM

R102 - LOL - Waugh would have skewered those two so that the resembled nothing so much as a lamp kebab.

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2021 2:46 PM

R103 I could imagine Harry running a pet cemetery for Hollywood celebs.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2021 4:07 PM

^^lamb (not lamp) kebab

Unless Meghan was wearing her lampshade dress on the book's cover . . .

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Part 6!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 29, 2021 3:43 PM

Part 6 has been paywalled. THIS one isn't yet. Use this instead of adding yet another Markle thread to DL!

by Anonymousreply 107August 3, 2021 9:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 4, 2021 2:05 PM

I like Meghan's teacup

by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2021 2:10 PM

How about her getting a job and doing some work herself first? LOL

by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2021 2:19 PM

Cradling a teacup and wearing nude stilettos. She’s got all her bases covered.

And what is a 22-year old poet going to contribute, as a mentor, to a working mother?:

Rise, emptied womb! Rise up and feed your hungry mouths Mouths that will soon sass you Mouths that swallow and empty into endless rounds of diaper You are the wheel The wheel upon which the world rests

(Was that 40 minutes? I’ve got a hair appointment.)

by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Her face looks different yet again.

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2021 3:20 PM

Why does she have to make everything all about herself?! What the fuck can one do mentoring someone 40 minutes?! Mentorship takes investment of own time, not just minutes of your day and then you can pat yourself on the back.

by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2021 3:28 PM

I love the 10 copies of her book placed all around the room. And also love how she barely laughs when Melissa McCarthy is talking.

by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2021 3:29 PM

btw this 40X40 thing she is doing is a total copy of something Nelson Mandela did on his birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 115August 4, 2021 3:30 PM

Stupid bitch go away already!

by Anonymousreply 116August 4, 2021 4:48 PM

I think this random tweet I saw explains part of what eggs on Meghan and Harry. They really see themselves as global crusaders for justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 4, 2021 5:32 PM

I see that Eugenie has published a message of support for "Dear Meghan" and her 40x40 initiative. Perhaps the rumours are true, then, that Eugenie is the turncoat in the BRF who is feeding the Sussexes family tidbits.

by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2021 6:13 PM

Eugenie inherited her Ma's relentless quest for attention.

by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2021 6:37 PM

Really insightful commentary here from Dan Wootton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Former Governor General of NZ confirms Meghan and Harry were talking about leaving the UK back during their first tour in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2021 7:52 PM

R121 of course they did. But they needed a fall guy to take the blame for them leaving, and in the process rebranding themselves into victims. So on brand to be victims in today’s Western societies.

by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2021 7:57 PM

And yet, the Queen did nothing. Everyone knew and she sat there with her hands over her eyes pretending to see nothing and couldn't even bring herself to take the fucking ducal title that is always given in expectation that the recipient will serve the monarchy.

The Queen has been the weak link in this sorry spectacle from the start, and all the really costly errors have been hers.

A few slaps on the hands can't hide that the Queen proved an easy mark for Meghan and Harry.

Charles' anguished position as Harry's father is somewhat understandable. William's anger and disgust are also totally in character, and if he had been in charge, the pair would never have gotten away with it.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Sussexes after the Queen dies, Charles is a frail old King, and William's influence and power next to the throne is increased tenfold.

by Anonymousreply 123August 5, 2021 12:09 AM

R120 Great interview with Dan Wootton. Thanks for posting.

Much more informative and much more persuasive than Lady C's videos. Wootton at least sounds as if he's been close enough to see a good bit of the truth and we're not even getting the ugliest stuff because of legal issues.

The big takeaways: Meghan never wanted it to work. Her behaviour was antagonistic and rude from the start. The Queen is totally unable to control the couple, and both Harry and Meghan have an active desire to damage the monarchy. And, the.monarchy is in crisis.

I can only imagine how out of their depth the Queen and Charles are in this. William and Kate aren't because they are of the modern generation. But they aren't in charge. The wrong people are in charge.

Wootton's insights convince me more than ever that if the monarchy is to be saved, Charles must step aside for William.

by Anonymousreply 124August 5, 2021 12:42 AM

I think one thing American don't realize is that we know that the royal family is dysfunctional and we don't really care. The Queen (and to a lesser extent Charles) comes from a era when the royals were meant to look like an ideal family, and I think despite everything, the Queen still tries to maintain that: outward harmony to mask the internal discord. William, I don't think has the same feelings. I don't think he believes in airing the dirty laundry, like Harry is doing, but I think he's less inclinded to pretend all is well. And I think this why H&M are afraid of Will more than Charles.

The real threat for the monarchy is not Meghan and Harry per say, but the "culture" they represent. The Queen represents a very old fashioned mentality of "service to community before self." While modern culture is about "me," "my needs, my emotions, my mental health, my victimhood." I'm covid has made that totally clear. The monarchy doesn't align with those values and it's going to have to tread very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 125August 5, 2021 1:33 AM

Thanks, R120, for posting that link to the Wooten interview.

Well worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 126August 5, 2021 2:07 AM

I think the plot is just thickening, now with Fergie and Eugenie being Team Sussex. Looks like rumors of friendly family feeding the couple family was true after all. Would be interesting to see if both York princesses are viewed as toxic by the rest of the BRF, and if the Queen still continues to be friendly with Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2021 2:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2021 3:43 AM

Ha ha not just the Aussies, but East Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong think the couple to be cruel and shameless in the way they treated their family. I recently discovered this Hong Kong YT channel which bashes the Sussexes. The Youtuber speaks in Mandarin so I’m able to understand the basics of what he says. My Mandarin is maybe 4th grade level; my mom’s side of family is Taiwanese/ Japanese, but it’s pretty hilarious to hear the thirsty pair be ragged on in Mandarin. He mocks Harry for needing to hustle for money from granny’s connections to buy formula for baby Lily., ha ha ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2021 4:24 AM

Re MM's latest endeavour....they are definitely examples of 'Fake it til you make it.' I'm just surprised she can get 40 respected and/or famous people to stand up for her.

The Yorkies really seem to have inherited their mother's worst characteristics and her flair for making the worst decisions.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2021 7:30 AM

R128 They really do. They not only didn't "threaten" the rest of the BRF with their "star power", they made active enemies in high places. People whose relatives worked at Government House and who weren't signees to NDAs I suspect leaked quite a bit about what their relatives saw and heard. She wore inappropriate clothing a few times, ditched the Fiji food market gig under highly suspicious circumstances, and followed all that up the following autumn with her sob story at the end of the Africa tour.

Australians pride themselves on their no-nonsense resourcefulness, and they HATE whingers - especially rich ones.

And if there's anything Australians hate more than whingers, it's phonies and poseurs. Aussies can spot one at 100 metres.

Harry and Meghan are the antithesis of everything Aussies respect.

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2021 12:11 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but contrary to her younger sister and her mother, Bea seems to be conspicuously silent when it comes to the Harkles, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2021 1:17 PM

R127 - Euegnie can't have much to feed them. It's not as if they socialise much with other members of the RF. I think this is Eugenie's revenge on Charles for his naked contempt and dislike of her mother all these years, and for being the principle impediment to Andrew's late in the day efforts to get his daughters onto the royal gravy train as "senior working royals" shortly after William's marriage.

Purring over the Sussexes is a way of sticking it to Charles, who, let's face it, is the real target of Harry's rage and, therefore, Meghan's spite. It's Charles Harry most blames for Diana's unhappiness, it's Charles who passed on all that "genetic pain" to Harry, it's Charles who holds the whip hand over the Sussex kids' HRHs, and it's Charles who ended financial support for Harry after he bailed.

I think Eugenie hates Charles and is seizing an opportunity to take sides against Charles in what Eugenie is probably telling herself isn't too dangerous a fashion.

As long as Gran is around, Eugenie can count on not being in too much danger from siding with the nasties just to get the boot in to her Uncle.

But Gran could peg out at any moment, and Charles, like William, has a long memory and is a grudge holder. Eugenie has a nice trust fund and a very well-heeled husband, but she still has advantages through her royal status, including two Grace and Favour residences (Ivy Cottage at KP and now Frogmore House).

Last but not least: one, Eugenie lives in the UK, where the SXSs are intensely disliked and public opinion is still in the Windsors' column; two, Meghan is a sociopath with a long track record of betrayal, ghosting, and blackmail.

Eugenie's a fool. She should remember that old saying about lying down with dogs and getting up with fleas.

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2021 2:41 PM

^*principal (not principle) impediment

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Interesting video interview with Dan Wooten, especially as he referred to MM as being "very manipulative". She makes PMR look benign. i wonder why HRC and Sheryl Sandberg are endorsing 40 for 40 ? It seems like empty sloganeering.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Who is PMR? I hate acronyms

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2021 3:45 PM

I saw some pictures (I won't be watching the video) of MM from this latest.

She looks silly.

That whole desk, desktop, etc. looks silly.

And Harry at the window, juggling?? WTF?? Was he wearing a fool's cap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2021 5:05 PM

Like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2021 5:08 PM

R 136, It should have been PMK, which is a nickname for Kris Jenner, matriarch of the Kardashian clan.

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2021 7:46 PM

I have to say, pretty much the only things in Meghan's favour are the hostility of the two slimeballs Piers Morgan and Dan Wooten, each a completely horrendous human being.

by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2021 10:30 PM

Someone said it in the other thread: her “desk” looks like everything came from HomeGoods.

Everything she’s wearing can be found at Marshall’s.

Maybe she’s trying to appeal to the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2021 10:34 PM

That was are carefully displayed Hermès blanket over the other chair. And she was wearing Manolos as one does around the house.

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2021 10:44 PM

Who wears suede shoes in August?

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2021 10:51 PM

who wears 5 inch stilettos with a wife beater?

by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2021 11:38 PM

R144, Vivian from “Pretty Woman”.

by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2021 12:10 AM

Vivian and Sparkle also have the same horse mouth and teeth and ugly nose she's always posing front and center and profile with.

by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2021 1:05 AM

I’ll be getting back to work at the end of 12 weeks of our paternal leave.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2021 1:11 AM

I'm still waiting for the podcast. That thrown-together teaser was in DECEMBER. How fucking hard is it to produce a podcast? Turn on the mic: go!

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2021 3:17 AM

R148, isn’t that a screw job? If I were Spotify, I’d be severely pissed off. They signed the Sussexes early, probably rubbing their hands together with glee, thinking they’d got in on the ground floor. Then the Sussexes do all this OTHER shit and then plunk down on “parental leave”, having done squat for Spotify. There’s a story there.

I wonder if they’ll Markle Netflix and Apple.

by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2021 2:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!