Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince William Tweets Anti-Racism Message

So what say you DL-ers? Is he being sincere?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319July 25, 2021 1:39 PM

He was very publicly at the games. It makes sense for him to comment on what happened.

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2021 6:21 PM

So then why doesn't he comment on how rude it was to boo the Italian national anthem?

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2021 6:23 PM

He’s also president of the FA, I’m sure he’s truly disappointed that English fans are abusing English players.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2021 6:23 PM

As (honorary) President of the British Football Association (the world's oldest!), I think he's being very sincere.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2021 6:24 PM

R3 beat me to it, that minx

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2021 6:24 PM

He should get a toupee it would make him look so much better

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2021 7:00 PM

R2 exactly, be careful the English fandom don’t pile on you for that comment.

I think he’s being sincere, the racist abuse is absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2021 7:13 PM

He's full of shit.

Racist fuck, questioning the color of Harry's and Meghan's kids.

William and Waitey can die in the same grease fire.

Dirty cunts.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 7:16 PM

Is this damage control for asking about the black baby?

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 7:17 PM

Yes, R9.

William is a racist CUNT.

Harry and Meghan confirmed it.

And no amount of "damage control" will ever cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2021 7:28 PM

William's been campaigning against racism in football for years, so yes he's sincere.

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2021 7:31 PM

I'm waiting to hear how he feels about the yob xenophobia displayed by the English fans. They didn't just boo the Italian anthem, they also booed the Danish one.

As a friend in London texted me, British football hooliganism is back (to the extent that it ever went away).

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] I'm waiting to hear how he feels about the yob xenophobia displayed by the English fans.

William was probably in the middle of it, bashing some Italian heads together.

Racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2021 7:32 PM

R10 aka Sunshine Sachs shill / Markle stan got blocked.

Get yourself another account, Markle fancunt.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2021 8:16 PM

R9 What black baby? Archie is as white as his Cambridge cousins.

Lol, William doesn't tweet = racist. William does tweet = racist.

Only way to not be racist is kissing Markle's ass, never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2021 8:21 PM

It’s rude and disrespectful to boo anyone’s national anthem.....but it’s also xenophobic and bigoted to pretend that this is a uniquely English practice. It’s not.

Italians booed the Spanish national anthem last week - and Gary Neville has made it clear that the English national anthem was routinely booed by fans of opposing teams when he played abroad for many, many years. The Scots are forever booing us.

At least be even handed in your condemnation, you anglophobes.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2021 8:30 PM

William actually has one of the most progressive tract records in the royal family:

He has spoken out against racism before Meghan was ever on the scene:

He is the only British royal to publicly speak in favour of LGBTQ rights and gave an interview to Attitude.

William has slept on the street as part of a campaign to get homeless people off the street.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2021 8:58 PM

It was correct and right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2021 9:01 PM

He looks like a circumcised penis. And that's ironic for sure.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2021 9:11 PM

People are linking comments the brf left up on their website. Rose and Andrew comments get manually removed by the way. Archie needs to be put in a cage with the kids in Mexico. I hope Archie gets covid and has to go to hospital. Meghan is a SLAVE. A Black slave. It goes on and on. These messages and tweets are now being shared globally. The brf can't hide the fact they did jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2021 9:39 PM

He’s a member of the Firm. The interview put them all on their heels. Especially since Harry only gave gossip not facts. They are just doing a public relations move. I personally think it was that horse Camilla but what do I know. I do know that “ The Crown” and Harry delivered a one two punch that the Firm is still reeling from.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2021 10:12 PM

R21 Well given that around 17 of Harry and Meghan's claims have been disproved, in the UK anyway, most people no longer take Harry and Meghan's racism claim seriously. Ironically the only member of the senior royal family (I'm not talking Princess Michael of Kent here) who has actually every been openly racist was Harry. Wearing a Nazi flag and referring to a military colleague as a Paki. But the damage has been done (particularly with younger/work crowds), and now the royals have to constantly go out of their way to prove they are not racist.

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2021 11:09 PM

I actually don't care that much about racist or sexist comments. I care about black people being shot in the street by the police and women being raped at work, the initial points of BLM and metoo.

But I can sure tell you one thing, Meghan Markle is one of the worst things that ever happened to the Royal Family, without a doubt. She proved all of her haters right.

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2021 11:25 PM

Wait...isn't Harry the one who donned a Nazi suit, told a guy he "didn't sound black," and called a fellow soldier "our little Paki friend"?

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2021 11:33 PM

You can't hide what's happening anymore by lessening what she went through. It's something occurring on multiple platforms and it's obvious. BLM supporting accounts who support the queen and are minimizing Meghan's abuse by amplifying other racism. Its coordinated and being pointed out by black twitter. It's too late. Global news are talking about it. William the hypocrite is trending globally.

by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2021 11:34 PM

The hilarious thing is, the same people who gleefully accuse others of virtue signaling are probably eating up Wills's bullshit with a spoon.

by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2021 11:36 PM

Another thing picked up by black twitter. The batch of brand-new accounts who are now trolling pro Sussex accounts and Meghan. All BLM supporting royalists who are minimising Meghan's abuse and amplifying other incidents of racial abuse. Funny that.

by Anonymousreply 27July 12, 2021 11:37 PM

R25 He’s chairman of the FA, brainiac. He could hardly have every other football association calling this out & say nothing himself.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 28July 12, 2021 11:55 PM

As Gareth Southgate said, the majority of the accounts posting racist stuff against the England players have been traced to outside the UK (probably Russia). Yes, there are some loons within England, but they are really a very tiny minority. Unfortunately, football attracts those types and, added to the general drunk and hooligan tendency, gives a distorted impression, all amplified by the stupid "it's coming home" motto.

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2021 12:07 AM

No r25, that isn't trending anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2021 12:09 AM

I think Wills is sincere. I believe Charles and his siblings are probably at least racially insensitive if not outright racist, but not Wills.

This whole incident did give me a good chuckle with all the “tHe Uk Is NoT rAcIsT” rhetoric some Brits have been throwing around for the past year or so. Did that fat fuck, Aamon Holmes, have anything to say about it on This Morning?

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2021 12:15 AM

R25 go back to LSA - nobody on the DL gives a shit about Meghan Markle.

The racist abuse came in addition to English hooligans who swore at and booed the Italian players throughout the match. They did the same thing during the Denmark match. Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans (rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen) and football fans not only across Europe but across Latin America as well are largely assholes. Tifosi in fact are the most notorious racists in Europe - so Brit hooligans are woke compared to Italian tifosi.

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2021 12:30 AM

People of African descent complaining about racism are right to do so. But you can't compare the injustices against African-Americans - who were kidnapped and brought to this country against their will - to Africans who choose to immigrate to Europe. Europeans who immigrate to African countries aren't more welcome than Africans arriving in Italy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2021 12:46 AM

What’s going on with his neck?

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2021 1:18 AM

“Aamon” Holmes? Do you mean “Eamonn”, you ignoramus?

I will never, ever understand quite how members of the most viciously racist country the world has ever seen has the almighty fucking.nerve to make accusations of others.

Certainly racism exists in the UK...as everywhere....but compared to your cesspit of a nation, filled with hatred and bigotry as it is, we are a fucking paradise. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2021 1:55 AM

What a very UK response, r35. Sorry you’re blind.

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2021 2:00 AM

An account on twitter stated that racist British journalists are currently trying to figure out how to blame Meghan for the shitfest. The replies were the interesting part. There was an inundation of Welsh, Irish and Scottish journalists, media and general population say UK journalists. Not British. Not us. It's them. It's indicative of the growing disdain for the racism that has been encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote]. “Aamon” Holmes? Do you mean “Eamonn”, you ignoramus?

Yeah, yeah. He’s a fat cunt no matter how he spells his shitty name. I can’t stand that guy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2021 2:26 AM

One last post. Go check out the dlisted thread on this. It's a very good thread to watch trolling in action This is what black twitter observed on it. If it's negative about brf members its boring and the commentors are over it. This is a really good way to suppress negative brf news. If you have negative brf comments you are from celebitchy or dlisted is turning into celebitchy. Creating an echo chamber is a really good way to control the dialogue Meghan never faced racial abuse like the black footballers. Sound familiar. William is doing a really good job. Even though he fucked up. Meghan only had a few racist abuse incidents. Someone named the really bad ones. It was ignored. Mass upvoting of negative Meghan comments. It's trolling. Plain and simple. Only this time it's being called out and retweeted and noticed. Globally.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2021 2:34 AM

How can this be? DL always tells me that England is a country free of racism and racial divisions-- so much more enlightened than the US of A!

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2021 2:36 AM

r39 = a little obsessed

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2021 2:36 AM

I might not be a big fan of Charles but he's not racist. Charles has been advocating for a "diverse" Britain since the 60s, the Prince's Trust (his charity) has helped more people of colour than white people over the last 20 years. Meghan and Harry want their children to have HRH status and are blackmailing Charles to try and get it. Anne spent years working for Save the Children (long before Diana was on the scene). Andrew ... wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2021 2:49 AM

R40 remind me how many black Brits have been stopped by the cops and killed.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2021 2:53 AM

Thanks for that R39. Next you'll be telling us about the moon landing.

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2021 3:41 AM

I wish Meghan Markle's rabid American fanbase would realize Brits don't give a shit what a bunch of American nonentities on social media have to say about the Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2021 4:11 AM

No one care about black twitter.

William not liking his black sister in law is not the same as a cop killing an unarmed black man.

Black twitter is just butthurt because the BRF is over Meghan and want nothing to do with her. If she really bullied her way in Kensington Palace, I stand with the BRF. She may be black but she's still part of the 0.1%.

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] There was an inundation of Welsh, Irish and Scottish journalists, media and general population say UK journalists. Not British.

Are you trying to say the UK is not British? The UK includes Wales and Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2021 4:41 AM

R47 Just to show they know shit about the UK.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2021 4:46 AM

R37, that account on twitter is talking as much bullshit as the racist posts on twitter. In fact, they were probably the tweets you're referring to and many of the racist tweets were probably written inside the same Russian troll farm.

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2021 9:58 AM

R39, tweets by "black twitter" are not "brf news".

Can you please name these supposed incidents of British racism against Meghan? I suspect you couldn't name a single one. Since you want a dialogue about it, you start - tell us just which racist incidents you're referring to.

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2021 10:01 AM

I see that Priyanka is no longer talking to sMEGs, no more emojis or likes or hearts. It serves her right in the cuntbone.

hahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2021 10:08 AM

R8 R10 Harry and Meghan did NOT say that William made that comment. They only said it wasn't Philip or the Queen. How can you get so hot and bothered when you don't even know the facts?

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2021 10:09 AM

Lol, the Cambs haters think William control all the press in UK and that he's responsible for his brother and sister in law.

Reading them, you'd thought William has 7 kids rather than 3.

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2021 10:11 AM

I doubt William made that comment about Harry's & Meghan's potential children, and always suspected it was probably someone older and/or drunk at the time.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2021 10:13 AM

Exactly r42. Charles a long time ago said that, when king, he would want to be seen as "defender of the faiths" plural rather than as simply the defender of the faith of the Church of England.

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2021 10:13 AM

[R9], we know your plans are turning to quicksand, Meghan. And we're thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2021 10:21 AM

R32 - you just proved the point of the poster you wanted to send back to LSA. You just said there was racism and bigotry...against blacks and Italians. So that kind of proves that Meghan was right...there is racism. You think Will went to a photo op the next day standing next to a VERY black woman with braids and an African shirt just of his own accord? That was just a coincidence? This is the first time he's spoked about racism in this "gentleman's game", yet fans have been making appalling comments and gestures at players of color long before and he has never said a word. Suddenly, he's sick of the racism. Hmmmmm...what good timing.

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2021 10:53 AM

R57, if you think the Royal Family organise their engagements at less than one day’s notice, you are a fool. These things are arranged months, if not years, in advance, and the people present are vetted by security.

Whoever William met that day would have been agreed well in advance.

Of course, people like you have as much respect for the truth as the Duchess of Sussex does. And if everyone Prince William met after the Sussexes had finished their Oprah-hosted festival of pouting and whining had been lily-whit, you would have criticised him for that too.

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2021 10:59 AM

R57 No one is denying racism exist and that the press can be racist but Meghan is also a lying cunt.

As for William you're just a dumb cunt. You think there's no black people in UK? You think the Royals never meet black or asian people? You think they would go search for a token black woman to prove a point?

The only proved racist in the family is Nazi Harry.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2021 11:00 AM

[QUOTE] Meghan Markle's rabid American fanbase

What? LOL. I think her fan base is dwindled to a handful of black trollesses on LSA.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2021 11:04 AM

Vivian Vance all the way, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2021 11:05 AM

[QUOTE] The only proved racist in the family is Nazi Harry

And Marie-Christine Kent

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2021 11:06 AM

R57, well done for exposing your ignorance. Did you even try to find out if William has had anything to say about racism in football before. Google is your friend…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2021 11:06 AM

Lol, forgot Princess Michael of Kent.

An other good reason for a slimmed down Monarchy;

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2021 11:09 AM

William again on racism, from before the Sussexes weaponised the issue for their own benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2021 11:10 AM

R57 - a black woman in an African shirt and braids and dark skinned. As if they can't urgently do something at the palace. If you and R58 believe that wasn't image control, you are completely out of your minds and have zero clue on how marketing and PR work. Remember the Abercrombie and Fitch fiasco about a Muslim woman with a veil? The next week, at their Paris store, a sales lady with a veil was working the floor. Within days they had ads with POC all over. C'mon. The palace can afford PR and marketing.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2021 11:15 AM

E. He needs to STFU about this and everything else.

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2021 11:18 AM

Also, he needs to be sickened by the hooligans booing the Italian anthem if he's so sickened by bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2021 11:20 AM

R66 Lol, you're the one out of your mind.

This lady was part of the school staff, who also think the school was ordred to hire some african woman with braids just to take a pic with William?

As for Paris shop, I'm french and I have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2021 11:21 AM

R68 English fans were abusing Italian fans all the afternoon, but very few people cared about it.

Brexit UK is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2021 11:23 AM

R57, you are dim as fuck. There is racism in every country. Yes, there is racism in England. That does not mean that Meghan suffered from racism in England. In fact, she has been completely unable to cite a single example of any racism directed at her - aside from some vague and contradictory allegations about how Archie might look, which, let's be honest, a lot of people were wondering about given that Harry is a ginger, and it is not racist to wonder about that.

Also, there are black people and people from many Commonwealth and other countries in the UK. The royal family have long met with black and other minority people in the course of their work. Just because a bunch of dim, pig-ignorant, bigoted Americans have only started paying attention to the work of the royal family and noticed that they are engaging with black and minority people, that does not mean that it's something that only started now.

by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2021 11:53 AM

R69 - bitch it was the store on the Champs Elysee by the Roosevelt metro station. I distinctly remember it. One day that complaint was all over the media and suddenly, in their store I see a N. African girl with a headscarf assisting customers. Do you also think that Charles being photographed on the same day with, of all patients, a black (dark-skinned) patient was a coincidence? For a Frenchman, you aren't a very sophisticated thinker. These people have an army of PR and image staff. Hello...they are VERY public figures and each step is calculated by a team assigned to make them look good. NOTHING they do is spontaneous. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2021 11:53 AM

It comes across as blatant spin control on his part.

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2021 11:53 AM

Only to ignorant morons who know nothing, r72.

by Anonymousreply 74July 13, 2021 11:54 AM

^ And r73.

by Anonymousreply 75July 13, 2021 11:55 AM

Lol, look at the idiots. On the one hand they're saying "William and Charles should stop ignoring black people!", on the other hand they're saying "William and Charles should ignore black people!" Make up your minds.

by Anonymousreply 76July 13, 2021 11:57 AM

People resort to name calling and insults when they are cornered. Insult away. It’s funny actually. Continue r74, r75. 😘😆😘😆😘😆😘😆😘😆😘😆😘😆

by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2021 11:57 AM

"One day that complaint was all over the media and suddenly, in their store I see a N. African girl with a headscarf assisting customers." - Are you saying they hired her overnight and put her near the window so passers-by could see her.

by Anonymousreply 78July 13, 2021 11:58 AM

Lol moron at r77, I'm also responding to the "points" you make in your moronic comments. The reason I'm calling you a moronic, dim, pig-ignorant bigoted fuckwit is because you are a moronic, dim, pig-ignorant bigoted fuckwit - FACT!

by Anonymousreply 79July 13, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote]Harry and Meghan confirmed it.

Lololololol hahahahahahahaha!! oh my SIDES.

by Anonymousreply 80July 13, 2021 12:02 PM

I see what you are trying to do r77. You’re still wrong and we are right.

by Anonymousreply 81July 13, 2021 12:03 PM

I mean r79. You’re wrong. Harry and Meghan fans as well as those who sympathize with English black athletes putting up with toxic behavior are on the right side of history.

But not you. That is why you’re resorting to insults.

You’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 82July 13, 2021 12:05 PM

"the right side of history"?!??! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're killing me, Megcunt.

Now fuck off back straight up your heroine's fat arse.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2021 12:06 PM

R70, if you think football fans shouting at football fans of another side is in any way unusual, you can add football to the list of things you know nothing about. It is part of the rivalry of the game, an accepted part of the sport in every country.

What is unacceptable is racist abuse. Oh, and the nazi salutes and flags which still make occasional appearances at Italian football matches, for example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 13, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote]Creating an echo chamber is a really good way to control the dialogue Meghan never faced racial abuse like the black footballers.

She never did face racial abuse like the footballers. Truth. There's no comparison.

[quote]Meghan only had a few racist abuse incidents.

She had barely any racial incidents. Truth. Getting criticized by the UK press is par for the course for every major royal. Conflating that with racially based abuse is insane.

[quote]Mass upvoting of negative Meghan comments. It's trolling. Plain and simple.

No, it's people expressing their opinions. Solid ones, if you are living in reality by this point in time.

[quote]Only this time it's being called out and retweeted and noticed. Globally.

Snooore. It's no different than any other time. People are tiring of the Sussex drama. They've moved on to other stories about real injustice.

by Anonymousreply 85July 13, 2021 12:08 PM

r71, there are numerous accounts of the UK tabloids targeting Markle on racial grounds. Have any of their headlines said, " Markle is an N Word"? Of course not.

"Straight Outta Compton" suffices very nicely to get the point across, and, it has the added benefit, for the tabloids, of those words providing the tabloids plausible denial that they're not targeting Markle's bi-racialism.

See how that works?

One of the very few gripes of the Sussexes that I saw their way is that the BRF didn't issue a statement from Buckingham Palace adminishing the tabloids about their bigoted headlines about Markle which they cloaked in indirection. I think the BRF should have, and maybe now, in looking back, they too, wished they had.

I also find it very believable that at least one member of the immediate family raised the issue of the baby's skin color.

I strongly, however, believe William is sincere here. I believe that, initially, and still now, the BRF welcomed Markle and saw her bo-racialism as a good, needed, breath of new, fresh air.

The Sussexes have created their own mess. They never should have married. Markle was in way, way, over her head. Too bad they didn't have the stuff, maturity, shrewdness, sophistication and stick-to-it-tiveness to tough it out and still be working members of the immediate Royals.

What an interesting contrast they would have made to the Cambridges, not in competition to them, of course, but in providing a bit of intriguing interest, in their own right.

Mark my words, they will come to need the Cambridges more than the Cambridges will ever need them, or, Harry will, after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2021 12:15 PM

bo-racialism- bi-racialism

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2021 12:18 PM

Of course the Cambridges don't need them and will never need them. Who needs traitors and grifters like the Sussexes?

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2021 12:19 PM

R78 - that is EXACTLY what I am saying. She was working the floor (can't see anyone in the window and it's a 2 level store). Have you been on the Champs Elysee? Have you seen the Muslim contingency? Every other woman wears a headscarf and they are shopping at fast fashion as vigorously as at luxury brands. And they come from various economic groups. Yes, that is absolutely what Abercrombie did and, in Paris, not a hard feat and almost a must. Or they asked (paid) a Arab employee to work at that location that day. PR and marketing are held responsible and on the clock 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote] Straight Outta Compton" suffices very nicely to get the point across, and, it has the added benefit, for the tabloids, of those words providing the tabloids plausible denial that they're not targeting Markle's bi-racialism.

That article was written by an American journalist for American readers of the American edition of the DM. “Straight outta Compton” means nothing to UK readers as we don’t (or didn’t) know where Compton is or it’s reputation.

So, as an example of British bigotry, you have to look to American writers. Typical.

Fuck off with your endless virtue-signalling, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90July 13, 2021 12:29 PM

r90 has succeeded. I'm chased out of this thread by you.

I guess, as a long-time Dler, I refuse to learn my lesson.

I venture in hoping this time it will be different. This time the unhinged, way too invested, creepy Markle -Haters who allow her to take up enormous amounts of their brain matter, way more than what she or Harry amount to, won't ruin a BRF thread.

Carry on, Loons.

by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2021 12:38 PM

Wrong r83…

You’re completely mad….and wrong.

The wrongest wrong that ever wronged.

But ya are, Blanche, ya are wrong, aren’t ya?

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2021 12:41 PM

Ok @ R92.

And now please go back to the loony bin you've bolted.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2021 12:51 PM

I disagree, Della - of course they should've got married. They're the perfect match after all - at least when it comes to delusions of grandeur, grifting, treachery, and sheer lunacy.

And they clearly deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2021 12:54 PM

Well, I have to say I hoped for the best because I really did want a counterpoint couple to the Cambridges in the same age group, complimenting and not competing. The bi-racialism seemed like a good thing since many modern faces in The UK and Commonwealth are brown, and I watched ‘Suits’ and found Markle to be well-photographed, lit, and costumed (even if her acting was just satisfactory), it goes on and on. She, and Spazz, disappointed on so many levels. It’s sad that it’s over because they clearly can never return to the fold, and Charles will eventually reign without the support of one of his sons.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Yes, poor Megsie was so traumatized by the racist royal family that she continues to use the title they gave her and has campaigned to get titles for her kids.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2021 1:12 PM

There's no problem with them marrying, there's no problem with them being Duke and Duchess.

But they should never have been working Royals. Harry needs an army of handlers and Meghan some humble pie and a labour code to study.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2021 1:26 PM

Can’t do it, r93. You and the other MM hating Klan grannies have the entire place booked.

But it’s okay; you’re still WRONG. And you will have lots of company.

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2021 1:28 PM

^ And another idiot has just got blocked ... bye, Megloon.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2021 1:43 PM

Because it wasn't, R2. Italy is a nation of petty thieves and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2021 1:51 PM

Italy is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2021 1:53 PM

I've been reading about Markle and Harry for two years on DL and have always enjoyed your comments Della. I don't have a favorable view MM, but don't hate her, and enjoy you measured comments and analysis.

by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2021 2:03 PM

It is, R101. Unfortunately, it's filled with Italians.

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2021 2:05 PM

Eh. He's probably as much of a virtue-signaler as anybody else these days.

by Anonymousreply 104July 13, 2021 2:12 PM

What the fuck are you on about, moron at r82? Harry and Meghan are full of shit and nothing will ever change that - they are garbage. But where the hell did I support any racist abuse of black England footballers? You're disgusting, trying to twist things into implying that I did. Go fuck yourself, scum.

by Anonymousreply 105July 13, 2021 2:14 PM

Who's to say some troublemakers don't post that shit just to....well, make trouble? It's all very stupid and should be largely ignored at this point, imo. This crap is ruining absolutely everything.

by Anonymousreply 106July 13, 2021 2:18 PM

Della, you tedious bore. "Straight out of Compton" is the only thing the Megstans can point to - and it was written by an American in LA, for the American online edition of dailymail.com. People in the UK don't even know what Straight out of Compton means.

That is pretty much the only thing the Megaloons have - and if you really think "Straight out of Compton" is a reason for all the upheaval Meg and Harry have caused, then you're an dimwit too. Yeah, it's so racist that Meg scuttled off back to the city in which that article was written. And is it even really a racist article or just a stupid article? Give us something more than "Straight out of Compton" and we might take you seriously.

As for the baby's skin colour, really? Really? Lots of people wonder what the skin colour of a baby born to people of different ethnicities, colours, etc. might look like, especially when one parent is ginger. Again, that's not particularly racist and it was a private family conversation - it's the sort of comment everyone who's ever been a member of a family will hear. Again, not specifically racist or a reason to create the mess they did (even if it was racist). Go to LSA and all they're talking about half the time is different shades of skin colour - while often being very rude about biracial people.

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2021 2:30 PM

R105, still wrong though…you know you are…that’s why you get so upset.

by Anonymousreply 108July 13, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]R6 He should get a toupee it would make him look so much better

Or just wear a crown all the time. Could accomplish same thing.

by Anonymousreply 109July 13, 2021 3:07 PM

Meghan's devoted fanbase seems to have forgotten the Brit tabloids started trolling her after her brother, her sister and her father all ran to them to complain about what a bitch she is. The tabs aren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth: give them gossip about a woman marrying into the royal family - and they always attack any woman marrying into the royal family - and you make their day.

If Meghan had any sense, she would have realized she needed to deal with her family feud before marrying Harry and giving her whole family a megaphone to attack her. But, as we've discovered, she can't maintain good relationships with anybody. Typical of borderlines. So now she's progressed from feuding with her family to feuding with her in-laws.

And frankly, the only reason the Royal family was as supportive as they were of Meghan was because she is biracial. A white D list American actress pushing 40, divorced and with a dicey past would never have received the Queen's blessing. Wallis Simpson the Sequel

Harry: "we're going to give Meghan the family she never had". lol

by Anonymousreply 110July 13, 2021 3:29 PM

If Meghan was white, she probably never would have been a working royal.

Only her mother invited at the wedding, inviting celebrities she didn't know. This girl screams red flag.

by Anonymousreply 111July 13, 2021 3:35 PM

Meghan married 2 white men and was dating a white man she dumped when she started chasing Harry. She has no black friends. She had plastic surgery to look whiter. She straightens her hair. She doesn't look biracial, much less black. Would Harry have married her if she did? Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 112July 13, 2021 3:45 PM

yes I wonder if Harry would have married Meghan if she looked like Princess Angela.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 13, 2021 4:55 PM

Angela’s husband ain’t exactly purty either.

by Anonymousreply 114July 13, 2021 5:52 PM

Angela was a beautiful bride.

by Anonymousreply 115July 13, 2021 6:16 PM

Regarding the tiresome "how black will Archie be " meme .... I was listening to a podcast today in which the host and his very pregnant assistant (of Armenian descent, husband also Armenian) discussed at length the twins' probable skin color and degree of hairiness.

Oprah shocked gif!

by Anonymousreply 116July 13, 2021 6:28 PM

I've gotten called some horrible names on Twitter. I look forward to Prince William furiously defending me.

by Anonymousreply 117July 13, 2021 6:37 PM

The comments are as priceless on this tweet hashtagged "#MeghanMarkle #SelfLove" as one would suppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 13, 2021 7:13 PM

The British public have come out in strong support of Rashford, Sancho & Saka. People in Manchester wrote supportive notes on heart-shaped post-its and made motivational signs, to liberally cover up offensive graffiti written on a mural of Marcus Rashford in the city centre by a small contingent of racially-abusive people.

In this instance, Wills is merely reflecting the sentiments of shock and outrage and disgust from the public at large.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 13, 2021 7:48 PM

The whole accusation of racism against the BRF is nonsense. ANYONE would wonder what the child of a ginger and a half-black person was going to look like. That isn't the same as "I hope it's not dark". I think everyone (including on DL) was wondering the same thing out loud.

by Anonymousreply 120July 13, 2021 9:18 PM

I do hope Markle bred out the ginger gene.

by Anonymousreply 121July 13, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote]R120 The whole accusation of racism against the BRF is nonsense. ANYONE would wonder what the child of a ginger and a half-black person was going to look like.

Are you white? It’s not white klan grannies’ place to lecture people of color on what is and is not racist.

by Anonymousreply 122July 13, 2021 10:04 PM

R122 and this here is not a place for deranged Markle fancunts desperately trying to make the moronic term "klan granny" happen.

Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 123July 13, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote]R123 Blocked

Promise??

We could do with less of your yappin’.

by Anonymousreply 124July 13, 2021 11:02 PM

R122 why are obese, middle-aged, homophobic black women posting on the DL?

by Anonymousreply 125July 13, 2021 11:10 PM

Would the players be so wounded by stupid tweets if they had won?

by Anonymousreply 126July 13, 2021 11:25 PM

William has a black sister in law, R46? You could have fooled me!

by Anonymousreply 127July 13, 2021 11:51 PM

I think, social climber that she is, Meghan went through life making friends in the right places and being very, very nice to them. And they liked her back. After joining the BRF, she wasn’t so liked. She wasn’t so nice. So she decided it must be racism - no, they just didn’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 128July 14, 2021 5:39 AM

Meghan's friends are verfied cunts: Jessica "I stole R&R" Mulroney and that D-list threateing the BRF with "receipts" on tv.

Jessica was "cancelled" last year for being a racist and a cunt.

Some Toronto's journalists said she had a close circle of BFFs, like the Mulroneys, but wasn't liked outside this close circle.

by Anonymousreply 129July 14, 2021 6:35 AM

I wonder if her castmates from “Suits” will ever come forward with horror stories?

I don’t think she ever shared any scenes with Gina Torres, but Torres seems the bitchy type and she wasn’t at the wedding so maybe they had bad blood on the set.

by Anonymousreply 130July 14, 2021 12:22 PM

What is troubling is the weaponisation of focus on racial issues as a way to distract people from protesting and causing unrest over wealth & class chasms growing ever wider and rivening Britain.

It’s an obvious political ploy, but so many citizens seemingly cannot see it.

by Anonymousreply 131July 14, 2021 12:27 PM

R130 Gina Torres was at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2021 12:54 PM

How so, R131? Seems to me that it adds fuel to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2021 1:11 PM

When you tell poor or lower middle class white people, who are the large majority, they're priviledge and should shut up, of course that weakens their class identity and strength.

Identity politics weaken the class solidarity when it opposes poor white people vs poor poc. There should be a solidarity among the poorest, but the resentment grows.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2021 1:17 PM

R134 well put, thank you. That is exactly it.

Elites—most of them white—all of sudden jumping on this bandwagon of tokenistic gesturing don’t truly care about racial equality, any more than they care about equality for gay people or for women. It’s about keeping the electorate aware of the differences between them and focused on each other, so they don’t unanimously rise up and turn on the 1%. Oldest trick in the book, and still people fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2021 1:26 PM

Ah, now I see. True, true.

by Anonymousreply 136July 14, 2021 1:52 PM

Thanks Della at r91 for once again proving that you are unable to produce any of this alleged British newspaper racism against Markle.

by Anonymousreply 137July 14, 2021 2:22 PM

On twitter Markle's rabid fangirls are attacking William for issuing a statement against racism in football. 'Why isn't he defending his sister-in-law against racism?' William's President of the Football Association so it's his bailiwick. And he has issued multiple statements in the past about the subject. Racism is endemic throughout European football. The worst offenders being the Italians who bring bananas to matches to throw at black players.

Markle's trolls appear to know nothing about the UK, about Europe and certainly about football. Or about the Royal family. I suppose the Markle story is just another reality TV show to them. Markle has succeeded Kim Kardashian as the bimbo they're living vicariously through.

by Anonymousreply 138July 14, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote]R138 ….attacking William for issuing a statement against racism in football. 'Why isn't he defending his sister-in-law against racism?' William's President of the Football Association so it's his bailiwick.

I agree with you that it’s always easier to mouth platitudes (authored by a staff writer) but he needs to work on change from within, starting with his own family. “The fish stinks from the head,” as they say.

Wills doesn’t want to anger his meal ticket The White Queen, though. So he’ll do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 139July 14, 2021 7:12 PM

Wells is an avid Villa supporter.

Wonder if he went to the games just to see his stupid strumpet of a skipper Grealish in action?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 14, 2021 7:21 PM

One of the most prolific batshit obsessed Anti Meghan nutters just got outed. We are talking all day posts all about Meghan. Posts on Lipstick Alley as Fancygyal. As a proud black woman Meghans grifting etc etc offends her. She is a White Italian failed blogger. With multiple sock puppet accounts. These women are insane.

by Anonymousreply 141July 14, 2021 7:21 PM

Fancygyal is proof of the dangerous obsession these White women have with Meghan. Under her sock puppet Lipstick Alley account Nothere she started a thread called Tyler Perry kicked Meghan and Harry out. She then lied her ass off about all these things Meghan did including assault to poor non English speaking Maids. This rumour is now circulating blogs and Twitter accounts and on gossip sites. And half of the Meghan Markle Unpopular thread is women like this. This woman can now be sued.

by Anonymousreply 142July 14, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote]R142 This woman can now be sued.

You can bet the BRF members in the UK won’t be doing it.

She’ll probably throw herself of the steps of Kensington Palace, begging for sanctuary, and they’ll give her a job.

by Anonymousreply 143July 14, 2021 7:55 PM

Could somebody inform R141 R142 that she took a wrong turn on the interwebs and has landed on a site for gay men which doesn't give a shit about what homophobic black women think.

by Anonymousreply 144July 14, 2021 9:52 PM

I suspect there are mostly female posters in the Royal Threads here.

If anything, gay men admire Meghan Markle for achieving something as a fellow outsider.

by Anonymousreply 145July 14, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote]If anything, gay men admire Meghan Markle for achieving something as a fellow outsider.

Umm, no. But keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 146July 14, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] Are you white? It’s not white klan grannies’ place to lecture people of color on what is and is not racist.

I may be white, but I'm also gay and it's not your place to try and negate my victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 147July 15, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] I will never, ever understand quite how members of the most viciously racist country the world has ever seen has the almighty fucking.nerve to make accusations of others.

Just as I will never, ever understand blatant and obnoxious whataboutism.

It's the stupidest of argumentative maneuvers. You should be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 148July 15, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]R147 I may be white, but I'm also gay and it's not your place to try and negate my victimhood.

You’re a victim?

Are you locked up in The Tower??

by Anonymousreply 149July 15, 2021 12:29 AM

I don't understand why Meghan - claiming the UK is racist- moved from there to here where 80 million people voted for racist Donald Trump. Why didn't they move to South Africa or Botswana ?

by Anonymousreply 150July 15, 2021 12:36 AM

R149 - no, but I have a full seat at the victimhood table along with POC.

by Anonymousreply 151July 15, 2021 2:33 AM

Mmmmm… okay.

by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2021 2:50 AM

Are you next going to say because you’re gay you can’t be racist?

by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2021 2:51 AM

🎶She's so flippin' hot, she's like a curry/ I want to tell her that’s how hot she is/ But she'll think I'm being racist/ She's so hot, she's making me racist...🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2021 9:15 AM

R153 - "A gay cannot be racist." (CRT Manual, 3:26). However, "a POC may be homophobic" (CRT Manual, 5:17).

by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2021 7:37 PM

5 trolls who posted racist shit about the 3 football players have been arrested in the UK -more to follow

by Anonymousreply 156July 16, 2021 1:06 AM

There have been five arrests, r156? Because I only heard of one adult and one 12 year old and that's it. The rest were from other countries and outside of UK jurisdiction.

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 157July 16, 2021 1:14 AM

Guardian reported on the arrest of 4 English assholes - all adults.

by Anonymousreply 158July 16, 2021 1:24 AM

Link, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 159July 16, 2021 1:32 AM

Does anyone have access to the offending tweets? England is insane. I get that this is how they're mourning their loss- "look! We're finally dealing with our insane racist hooligans, we're turning our epic loss into a social victory!" I just wonder how particularly bad these few men are out of the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 160July 16, 2021 1:46 AM

Front page of the Guardian online, R159

Fingers broken or are you diddling yourself?

by Anonymousreply 161July 16, 2021 1:50 AM

English football hooligans have been notorious since time immemorial. They aren't, however, as racist as the Italian tifosi who - when their team is playing against a team that has African players (the Italian team doesn't) - take bananas with them to throw at the black players. The issue was the 3 players who screwed up the shoot out were all black. Had they been all gingers, the hooligans would have filled social media with abuse of gingers.

by Anonymousreply 162July 16, 2021 2:15 AM

Regardless of the exact number arrested in England, the whole thing about racist posts on social media has been blown out of proportion. The vast majority were posted from outside of the UK, no doubt most by professional trolls employed by the usual suspects. A few were posted in England and we'll see what happens with those cases. I think two of the accused men are claiming their accounts were hacked. It's an easy excuse to make, but I saw the Twitter account of one of them - now deleted - and his previous tweets were mostly just normal stuff about football, with no indication that he is racist or would even post such illiterate tweets. The racist tweets (in American racist lingo, not British) seem very out of place on his feed, so it's possible his account was hacked.

Either way, the fact that arrests are swiftly being made and the racist comments have been unanimously condemned in England is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 163July 17, 2021 11:26 AM

R163 You have excused the racism. Doubted the racist made the posts and think the racism on SM is blown out of proportion. Then neutralised your statement by cheering on the arrests. Right. I've linked one of the accounts currently tweeting that Priyanka is a fat former yacht girl. Sound familiar. Oh and that insinuates Harry fucks black kids. One of hundreds of accounts. And these are the mild ones. If you are successful and not white then on SM that makes you a target. These accounts worship Kate and William. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 164July 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 17, 2021 12:00 PM

I find William impossible to read. On the one hand, he's been around enough POC to know better and on the other, there's no smoke without fire. Saying that, Meghan is far from perfect, but the racism directed at her and her kids is disgusting as, of course, was that aimed at the players of color in the finals. Most British people I have met aren't racist so it baffles me that this is going on. Maybe the media is doing it but again, the nasty comments made do show that Britain, like the US, has a nasty far-right element.

by Anonymousreply 166July 17, 2021 12:07 PM

I haven't excused any racism r164, I said the response has been blown out of proportion and gives a distorted idea of what was actually posted. Which is not excusable but at the same time not at the level that people are being led to think it was.

What the fuck does that tweet have to do with anything I said? Why do you even care about an account with just 10 followers? Aside from the kiddie implication, it's implying that M&H are themselves not that wonderful when it comes to black people. All that tweet shows is that Twitter et al are irresponsible and should make a greater effort to vet what appears on their platforms.

by Anonymousreply 167July 17, 2021 12:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 17, 2021 12:21 PM

[/quote] Did you really expect him to make a statement after every rude tweet about Meghan?

Of course I didn't expect that at all because it's crazy. However, as I said, I find him hard to read because when Harry and Meghan made those allegations you would think, given that, as another poster pointed out, he's been outspoken in the past when racist comments were made about football players. I would think that, after the interview, at least SOMEONE in the royal family, and, in particular William as a declared anti-racist, would release some statement saying that "racism is not tolerated" or something. Even if Meghan and Harry did just gossip, given the nature of the allegation, the silence is not a good look. Maybe the palace didn't let him say anything. It just looks odd.

by Anonymousreply 169July 17, 2021 12:29 PM

R167 please do not talk to the Sunshine Sackballs Markle fancunt. Just ff and block them.

by Anonymousreply 170July 17, 2021 12:30 PM

The computer geeks I know who are following this stuff are actually blown away at the level of violence they are seeing in the Sussex posts. Lots of sexual and racist comments along with 'The bitch needs a good slap' comments. And they are used to political trolling. The footballers have Big tech hunting down the worst commentors which is what should be happening but UK media is still baiting.

by Anonymousreply 171July 17, 2021 12:31 PM

R170 Yes you need an echo chamber. Trolls always do.

by Anonymousreply 172July 17, 2021 12:37 PM

R169, Meghan and Harry were lying. There was no racism against Meghan from the UK media. And Harry and Meghan weren't simply complaining about racism in the media - they were using their fabricated allegations about racism in the British media as a way of shitting on the royal family and on Charles and William in particular. This invented "racism" was the excuse they were using to go to the truly systemically racist USA, while standing down as senior royals yet monetising their royal titles and using them to market and promote themselves.

by Anonymousreply 173July 17, 2021 12:41 PM

R172, the real trolls are the ones who repeatedly post unsubstantiated fabricated allegations with no evidence or proof. Sussex-stans, for example.

by Anonymousreply 174July 17, 2021 12:42 PM

Sure, r171. The person who is most having garbage spewed about him on social media at present is William. This attempt to link racist emojis and other comments about the black England footballers - most of which were posted from outside the UK - with Meghan's supposed racist plight in the UK is bullshit. At the end of the day, as Sancho, Saka and Rashford pointed out, the social media platforms need to stop offensive comments from being posted.

By the way, I've never seen anything along the lines of "the bitch needs a good slap" posted about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 175July 17, 2021 12:49 PM

Aside from his FA responsibilities, William was at that game with his small son, who was clearly very caught up in the excitement and was barracking enthusiastically for the players. He's probably got favourite players on the team. How would it look to George if William let a barrage of racist criticism go past unchecked? Decent fathers think of those things.

Secondly, I am rolling my eyes that we haven't already settled this long ago, but NOBODY ASKED ABOUT THE COLOUR OF THE BABY. Meghan told Oprah they did, but she added that she didn't hear it: that it was said to Harry who relayed it to her. Then Harry joined the interview and said no, it was not a comment about Archie, it was before the engagement and was about any hypothetical children they might have. He refused to say what exactly it was.

We know that William had a conversation with Harry before the engagement where he tried to encourage Harry to slow down and think things through more before he moved to marriage, which Harry bitterly resented. It is possible that a question was posed like, "Are you prepared for the press response if you happen to have a dark-skinned child?" and that this question was one of many suggesting points Harry needed to be sure of before he proposed. We know Harry chose to take William's advice as offensive to Meghan, and he may have told Meghan only that "he mentioned that we could have a dark-skinned child", which of course sounds racist. But if the question was actually about Harry's maturity to deal with the colour of his hypothetical child as a public issue, then the question was spot-on. Especially given (a) the controversy over the recent football game, which demonstrates how much racism there is in the UK, and (b) Harry's maturity as generally demonstrated since the marriage.

There is not and has never been any suggestion, other than Meghan's outright lie, that anybody in the Royal family ever expressed any interest in Archie's skin, or indeed anything else about him.

by Anonymousreply 176July 17, 2021 12:55 PM

I think it's quite simple.

I don't think William is racist but he clearly can't stand Meghan and will never defend her in any way or form. On the other hand he's a football fan and certainly admire Rashford & Co.

If he liked her, maybe he would have done more but as much as he's concerned she can't get lost. And Harry with her.

It's not clever, but it's human.

by Anonymousreply 177July 17, 2021 1:33 PM

“Echo chamber” is a word fascists use to decry people for not wanting fascist propaganda dragging them down.

by Anonymousreply 178July 17, 2021 2:05 PM

On twitter the rabid Meghan Fanclub attacks Kate Middleton constantly so the Meggies can STFU.

by Anonymousreply 179July 17, 2021 4:36 PM

Looks like William’s fans are outnumbered on this poll.

by Anonymousreply 180July 17, 2021 5:15 PM

R180 - you don't have to be a DL regular to vote on polls so no doubt the Meghan coven invited their minions to vote

by Anonymousreply 181July 17, 2021 5:19 PM

R181, take care, R180 is one of these Markle fancunt lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 182July 17, 2021 5:25 PM

“Get off my back you commoners!”

by Anonymousreply 183July 17, 2021 5:28 PM

R182 I can't understand why the Markle Fanclub overruns the DL. Do they truly think we have any interest whatsoever in admiring a D list nonentity 'actress' and golddigger? I presume they're paid by Markle's publicists to make her look popular or something which must mean there are no gay men among Markle's many publicists who are familiar with our bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 184July 17, 2021 5:29 PM

They're trying to nip ANY sort of critism in the bud, that's why they're here.

by Anonymousreply 185July 17, 2021 5:45 PM

Leave us alone, let us gossip in peace!

by Anonymousreply 186July 17, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]...then neutralised your statement by cheering on the arrests. Right. I've linked one of the accounts currently tweeting that Priyanka is a fat former yacht girl.

But isn't Priyanka, in fact. a fat former yacht girl?

by Anonymousreply 187July 17, 2021 6:12 PM

She was as big as a house in those Wimbledon pics.

by Anonymousreply 188July 17, 2021 6:26 PM

Harry gets what he's earned.

by Anonymousreply 189July 17, 2021 8:11 PM

Prince William as President of the Football Association has issued several attacks on racism in football. The latest before the Euro final was on January 20th. Meghan's Fanclub evidently is unfamiliar with "Google".

by Anonymousreply 190July 17, 2021 8:24 PM

Did he also not state before this "He was bored with the racism issue". Meghan trolls obviously don't Google. You guys are slow. Don't you have a thread to start based on a rumour that might have happened because a source - unnamed of course has guessed based on info from another source that Meghan had nefarious Netflix plans. Because that's the state of UK journalism.

by Anonymousreply 191July 17, 2021 8:40 PM

A source, May have, We heard, could of are all words used to mask the fact something is bullshit. If it was true then journalists would state it as fact. Well known in Media. Now go check out the latest Meghan stories out today. Check out how many of those I listed or variations appear.

by Anonymousreply 192July 17, 2021 8:46 PM

You all are missing the point. Even if Meghan and Harry were lying (and I doubt that there isn't a single human being in that palace who isn't racist), William, as future king over a nation with many POC, should have said that racism is not tolerated and the palace should have said they don't tolerate racism. Immediately, not at a photo op. PARTICULARLY when Harry said there is racism, one of their own. Just as bad a look as the interview.

by Anonymousreply 193July 18, 2021 7:43 AM

William is the fakest of them all.

by Anonymousreply 194July 18, 2021 8:18 AM

The Brits and Klan Grannies can’t stand that they’ve been exposed worldwide as racist colonial cunts by Meghan and footballers. You’re a fucking joke, England. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 195July 18, 2021 8:55 AM

Lol, this poll didn’t go the way the Klan Grannies wanted.

by Anonymousreply 196July 18, 2021 8:57 AM

R196 - no it didn't because the palace, Clarence House and the Cambridges fucked up massively in terms of PR the first chance they gotten and, in fact, the biggest chance they got to show the world that they are anti-racism. I don't know who is advising them but outside the UK and a few elders on here, everyone believes William is a racist. Bad move.

by Anonymousreply 197July 18, 2021 9:05 AM

I heard William has a big cock.

by Anonymousreply 198July 18, 2021 9:05 AM

R198 - I don't know, but Harry looks like the type with a thicker one and who would be kinkier. Kate looks like she just lays there and Meghan looks like she knows how to do oral.

by Anonymousreply 199July 18, 2021 9:12 AM

[quote] Kate looks like she just lays there

I beg your pardon. I produced an heir and two spares. What more can you ask of a brood mare? Why do I need to enjoy my job, especially now that I have done my duty?

by Anonymousreply 200July 18, 2021 9:40 AM

R200 - I am sorry your royal highness but your sister-in-law obviously pleases the royal cock much more...

by Anonymousreply 201July 18, 2021 9:52 AM

Dear R201, I'm not entirely sure whom you might be referring to? My brother J has been engaged for several years now but he isn't actually married, you know. I wouldn't call her my sister-in-law just yet. One doesn't like to be premature about such things.

by Anonymousreply 202July 18, 2021 9:57 AM

No, it was up to the Queen and Charles.

William is not almighty, the Queen is the boss it was up to her but it's easier to blame William.

Harry himself did shit.

by Anonymousreply 203July 18, 2021 10:36 AM

Well, I guess she and Charles fucked up royally then. Now Meghan will NEVER shut up.

by Anonymousreply 204July 18, 2021 12:41 PM

She would never have shut up anyway, she would have found something else to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 205July 18, 2021 1:52 PM

This is not going well for the BRF. I like Harry, am on the fence with Meghan, but as a couple, they seem to be okay. Not sure that I care for the Cambridge clan. So for their sake and for the sake of their children, I hope that the Sussexes find their footing. He has money from Diana’s estate, right?

by Anonymousreply 206July 18, 2021 3:46 PM

Diana's money won't last long if they don't make money.

by Anonymousreply 207July 18, 2021 4:23 PM

Solskjaer seems a bit ambivalent about signing Sancho as a transfer now, but he’s not allowed to say that thanks to media furore like this.

And that’s not casting aspersions of racism—just a thought, but OGS may just be having second thoughts about immediately signing a very young player who’s just been through the wringer, for the new season at his massive successful club. You don’t want shaky new signings starting games during the beginning phases of the Premier League season, you want to look strong and put the fear into your opponents. And now, sadly for Jadon, opponents know exactly which buttons to push to get in his head.

So there’s usually always a strategic business reason behind such statements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 18, 2021 4:28 PM

Nobody gave Sir Lewis Hamilton the Meghan Markle Fanclub Talking Points. He just won the British GrandPrix, proudly ran around the track with a Union Jack.

by Anonymousreply 209July 18, 2021 4:35 PM

Lewis Hamilton never hated UK.

by Anonymousreply 210July 18, 2021 4:37 PM

R209 Hamilton won by being an utter shithouse, too, almost killing another driver.

by Anonymousreply 211July 18, 2021 4:38 PM

R211 is that because he's a Brit??

by Anonymousreply 212July 18, 2021 4:39 PM

Hamilton is an arsehole, but a proud british arsehole.

by Anonymousreply 213July 18, 2021 4:45 PM

You would think somebody who looks like Lewis Hamilton and who is obviously black would come in for more racist abuse than Miss Markle who looks Italian or Jewish. Wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 214July 18, 2021 4:51 PM

Hamilton is a man, rich, celebrated and talented. That protect him a lot.

Look at Rashford and the public reaction after the racist tweets. Like Hamilton he's young, talented and celebrated for feeding children, so people will feel protective.

Meghan is some D-list celebrity, no one but the Sugars will defend her because she's just not likeable.

by Anonymousreply 215July 18, 2021 4:59 PM

Why does Markle straighten her hair if she is so proud to be half-black?

by Anonymousreply 216July 18, 2021 5:04 PM

Because 99% of black and biracial women straighten their hair.

by Anonymousreply 217July 18, 2021 5:05 PM

R217 isn't that cultural appropriation? Like white women getting dreadlocks on the beach in the Bahamas?

by Anonymousreply 218July 18, 2021 5:08 PM

R217 - I mean Meghan have back the money for the renovation of the home and Eugenie and her family now live in it. As I understand it, she is still quite close to Eugenie and Beatrice. As for money, I think the 44 million Netflix deal is pretty good money and also they have deals with Spotify, a book, properties and he has Diana's inheritance and a lot of jewels. Since she was a millionaire before, and probably has people to handle it, I doubt they are ever gonna go broke. IF he leaves her though...he will be at the mercy of his brother and have only his mom's inheritance. He is going nowhere. Do you think his brother will actually give him 44 million or a home? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 219July 18, 2021 7:25 PM

Ducheess D-List was a millionaire before marriage? Do bit parts on a cable show pay that much? Sounds like more mythology put out by her PR flunkies.

by Anonymousreply 220July 18, 2021 7:28 PM

When IS James Middleton going to marry that French girl? What's with these endless engagements?

by Anonymousreply 221July 18, 2021 8:41 PM

R219 that's not how Netflix deals work. Netflix announces a budget to produce such-and-such content. The money goes to production costs (hiring writers, directors, crew, etc.,etc.). It doesn't go into Harry & Meghan's pockets. They may have received an advance from Netflix to get their productions started but no way it's anywhere close to $44m. And they haven't produced any content. They announce they're doing this...and then they're doing that... but nothing appears to have actually been done so far. And then they announce they're taking a long parental leave. Netflix ain't happy.

by Anonymousreply 222July 18, 2021 9:33 PM

R221 That depends, if they want a small wedding, probably this summer.

If they want a big wedding with her french family, they probably will have to wait some more time.

by Anonymousreply 223July 19, 2021 7:56 AM

R219 I see SS's PR works well on you.

by Anonymousreply 224July 19, 2021 7:57 AM

For over two years before Covid, James was only ever in the news for getting engaged, and then for publicly admitting to having bouts of severe depression. I suspect the reason he admitted the latter openly (when he never otherwise sought publicity except for occasionally promoting his cupcake business) is because it was so bad that he was worried it would come out via pap shots leaving the therapist or via associates. So it's not surprising that he would put off the wedding until he was better, which he seemed to be by last Spring. Then Covid hit, so a wedding is not so easy, depression or not.

But they seem very in love and well-matched, so I would be surprised if they don't have the wedding this year.

by Anonymousreply 225July 19, 2021 8:32 AM

r221 Literally no1curr about James Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 226July 19, 2021 8:34 AM

How lucky William is to have the Middletons as his in-laws: a reasonably respectable lot, who need not be hidden away and who would never disgrace Kate.

So different from poor Harry, whose bride could locate even one relative who wasn’t more at home on Shameless than in Buckingham Palace. No wonder she ended up inviting random celebs instead of people who really knew her.

by Anonymousreply 227July 19, 2021 10:13 AM

Big weddings are a no no still with covid so if future Mr&Mrs James wants that they will have to wait a while. Good for Bea for doing her tiny thing, otherwise she would still be waiting, and no little Edo on the way.

R227, She had the decent uncle that died recently, the one that pulled strings to get her a brief intern job at the Argentine embassy.She didn't think he was fit to come to the wedding though. Kate has the loopy/druggy uncle Gary, he was there at the Abbey though because family counts to some.

by Anonymousreply 228July 19, 2021 10:40 AM

R224 - no need for any PR. She went to the same Equinox in Woodland Hills I went to and that is where many affluent actors like Jada Pinkett Smith and Will go. Even their chef knew her and she was wealthy. Yes, in the US, there are wealthy black people who are admitted to country clubs. No need for publicity. There were tons of black, bi-racial, Middle Eastern and other affluent entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, athletes and actors and singers. Not all are A-list and that is irrelevant. It's not the UK. People can be affluent and of color. My power yoga class was full of girls like Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 229July 19, 2021 11:01 AM

Either go back to LSA or kindly die in a grease fire, r229.

Your lies are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 230July 19, 2021 11:21 AM

The very idea that MM is a gym bunny!!!..with those legs? haha.

Also she was out of the USA for years before she met H anyway, so fail r229 . Maybe the chef there knew Corey, you know the guy she was living with when she fisrst fucked H.

by Anonymousreply 231July 19, 2021 11:32 AM

^^^ proves Meghan's point. Also he is a racist. Read my posting history bitch. I am not a woman or black. You, however, are a racist who obviously can't believe some people with (shock and horror) darker skin can be anything but "ghetto". Maybe YOU should jump in a grease fire because this isn't Mississippi in 1950.

by Anonymousreply 232July 19, 2021 11:32 AM

R231 - no, the chef is gay, black, short, heavy-set and a friend of mine. She was always at morning yoga and that does nothing to your legs and Equinox isn't for gym bunnies. It's all about macros and meditation. R, the chef, worked with his team at the business he owns on dinners for the Smith's, the Wayan brothers, the Kardashians, Kobe and many others in the area. He also caters and is specialized in Creole and plant-based dishes and sells spices on Amazon. Again, if you don't know a place and a subset of the population, you are judging....all people who go to the gym are gym bunnies or muscle bros (no), all blacks are poor ghetto trash and the women are all angry black women (no). You need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 233July 19, 2021 11:45 AM

If she had been stronger- stood up there, regal, beautiful, and black with a tiara on her head and showed the entire world that she belonged - no matter what bullshit she felt behind the scenes- do you realize how powerful a message that would have been? How much that would have done for little girls around the world?

Instead she quit. She said the bullies and racists won and it was too hard and scary and she doesn't belong, and effectively that a black girl can't be a Princess if words are too mean.

I hope no little girl never hears her story. She is not a hero.

by Anonymousreply 234July 19, 2021 11:58 AM

No one is saying Meghan couldn't have been wealthy based on being bi-racial, you loon. She hadn't cobbled together the kind of career that would allow her to bank millions. But keep pushing the racism angle for poor Megs who presented herself as Caucasian until it served her purposes not to do so.

by Anonymousreply 235July 19, 2021 2:26 PM

R229 black people and biracials in the UK can't join pricey clubs?

---Sir Lewis Hamilton

by Anonymousreply 236July 19, 2021 2:57 PM

C'mon, if there isn't a major racist contingency in the UK upper class, and even here, on DL....I invite any black DL-ers to weigh in. A major problem was her skin color and I don't know (or think) William was the culprit but there was racism at play.

by Anonymousreply 237July 19, 2021 3:16 PM

r237, yes because all the white members of the family would have been able to empty a stand at wimbledon for a private visit and not get knocked for it..get real r2376, she rocked up in the UK and took advantage of her husband and a whole lot of taxpayer money.

by Anonymousreply 238July 19, 2021 3:32 PM

[Quote]She went to the same Equinox in Woodland Hills I went to and that is where many affluent actors like Jada Pinkett Smith and Will go. Even their chef knew her and she was wealthy. Yes, in the US, there are wealthy black people who are admitted to country clubs.

I don't know which is funnier, that she would have us believe the Smiths go to Equinox or that she'd have us believe Equinox is a country club.😂

by Anonymousreply 239July 19, 2021 3:42 PM

I heard William has a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 240July 19, 2021 4:08 PM

R239 - it's a gym/spa idiot and Khloe and other celebrities worked out there in the private room downstairs. So did Kanye and Jada and Willow. Don't be an idiot. If you don't know, shut up. They all were trained by Harley Pasternak and the trainer that worked with athletes was Apollo Bruce. The Rock, Kendall, Willow Smith, LeeAnn Rimes, Brandy...they had a private pilates studio, a spa where they did the fancy bullshit 24 karat facials, 2 floors, a childcare center, yoga studios, 2 floors, etc. It is $200 a month just for that location alone. Orange Theory started giving them competition in terms of weight loss but couldn't do the spa thing.

by Anonymousreply 241July 19, 2021 4:59 PM

"Khloe"?? Somebody got lost in cyberspace and wound up on the Datalounge. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 242July 19, 2021 8:06 PM

She abused her diplomatic status for that shit show baby shower. I remember she played runaround with the US seurity services.It cost US and NY taxpayers, but yeah she got a few bellyclutch photos and free suitcases.

by Anonymousreply 243July 19, 2021 10:42 PM

R241 is too enamored of shitty celebrities of color or color adjacent, he calls them all by first name.

by Anonymousreply 244July 20, 2021 9:58 AM

R244 and R242 = Brits or bumpkins.

by Anonymousreply 245July 20, 2021 10:09 AM

The trolls are all pushing today that Harry is going to suicide himself. It's weird. It's being seen on all the major blogs and threads on gossip sites. It's creepy as hell. One women who posts on LSA champagne44 has gone into a spiral and is having a meltdown. Talking to Harry like he is reading her comments. Warning him that Meghan is plotting to get him to suicide himself. All because of a page six article. Nutters

by Anonymousreply 246July 20, 2021 10:11 AM

R237, Brits aren't as obsessed with skin colour as Americans. There was a warm welcome to Meghan when it was first announced that she was engaged to Harry. No one had a problem with her racial background at all. The wedding itself is proof that, if anything, her racial/cultural background was to be celebrated and integrated into the royal family. The wedding in fact made her appear to be far more part of black culture than she actually was! Charles walking her down the aisle (even though she already had her own father to do that) was the proof that she was warmly accepted into the royal family.

Many people were just like me: had never heard of Meghan but thought she seemed smart and interesting and that she'd be good for Harry. Then we discovered what she's really like.

The only - very minor - questions raised were how she would adapt as an American to a very specific British institution. The unsuitability for the role of her fellow American Wallis Simpson was alluded to. Again, though, these were very few comments. But Meghan's skin colour (not even very black) was never relevant. That she and Harry have tried to deflect attention from their inappropriate behaviour by making vague and unsubstantiated allegations of racism is pretty disgusting.

Even if they really felt that racism was a problem, they could simply have stepped down, led a private life in the US, with occasional appearances for specific purposes. But, no, they want to be stars and now it seems we can never escape them. Harry in particular is desperate to overshadow his brother.

by Anonymousreply 247July 20, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote]She had the decent uncle that died recently, the one that pulled strings to get her a brief intern job at the Argentine embassy.

What? Why didn't I know about that? I'm seeing Meghan addressing the descamisados from the balcony of the Casa Rosada as I type.

by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2021 12:24 PM

R248 "My descamisados expect me to outshine the enemy – the aristocracy. I won't disappoint them!"

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2021 12:31 PM

Unfortunately, she did though. No matter how much they Christian Diored her, she still always looked like she bought the dress second-hand and bypassed her hairdresser.

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2021 12:45 PM

R250 - I don't think so. I thought she looked very L.A. casual. Nothing she put on looked cheap but it was more relaxed. Kind of wish she would've had more gumption to go for the messy bun and business casual look because I am tired of Kate's overdone look which is aging.

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2021 12:49 PM

R247 exactly, couldn’t have said it better myself.

These racial instigations are being deliberately stoked far out of proportion to divide us sociopolitically and thereby exploit us. Brits have been leaving in relative peace on that front for many years (since the 1980s, roughly), only now some entities seek to destabilise our harmony. It’s creepy and unnerving, not to mention destructive. We’re a small island of various people living in close proximity; we can’t afford a cultural civil war, nor do we have the resources or the space.

This is why it is for Harry to do what he has is tantamount to treason, imo. Out of self-loathing, identity crisis and entitled bitterness, he has struck out spitefully and blindly to cripple his own home nation.

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2021 1:53 PM

Ugly White men with small wieners tend to be racist.

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2021 1:55 PM

Wills is so chilled and such a lad though? Hard not to like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2021 1:57 PM

I never could stand either William or Harry, but William grew up or grew on me whatever. I really like them here with Adele Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2021 2:14 PM

R255 At the very least, William is not a douchebag like his brother, simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2021 2:16 PM

This is common sense. This is what he should be doing at a "minimum." Why is it that when high profile people with huge platforms and real power always make these performative gestures and the media (as expected) falls all over themselves to congratulate them? Do better.

by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote] William actually has one of the most progressive tract records in the royal family: He has spoken out against racism before Meghan was ever on the scene:

Wow speaking out against racism in the 21 century. How bold, brave and astonishingly progressive of him.

[quote] He is the only British royal to publicly speak in favour of LGBTQ rights and gave an interview to Attitude.

I’m the 21st century, publicly speaking about LGBTQ rights and giving Attitude the divine pleasure of interviewing him. Again how brave, bold and earth shatteringly progressive.

He will probably also one day speak out against child labor and give his public support for women’s suffrage. He deserves a medal. It’s no wonder that God has given him and his family the divine right to rule. They are simply extraordinary! They deserve all of their pillaged and ill gotten wealth and power. Long live the Queen and the ridiculously antiquated monarchy and all of the foolish people who support such utter nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2021 2:47 PM

r158, well it is what it is, and constitutional monarchy stands as a bullwark against dictatorship. I'll take a Lizzie over a Franco any day.

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2021 3:06 PM

PR statements are wonderful and really do solve problems like this. However, William and Kate can also help all of this by adding more smiling and waving events to their calendar and giving the commoners additional opportunities to bow at their Royal feet. The people need that. Naughty and selfish Harry and Megan have robbed them of the smiling and waving that they need and deserve. And Anne can’t work all the smile and wave, bow at my feet events. Without royal feet at which to bow, the people are lost.

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2021 3:08 PM

Good for him. He's actually doing his duty, unlike his ne'er-do-well brother and sister-in-law, who are cashing in on their privileges. Last I heard of them -- apart from the Dimwit "penning" his memoirs -- is that they donated diapers.

Would much rather have a royal performing his public duties (like this), than a royal who has left his country claiming he wants privacy but does everything possible to stay in the public eye without performing any public duties. That latter royal is merely a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2021 3:11 PM

Naughty little Harry can be planning his November prance around an American graveyard, that went so well last year. r160

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2021 3:16 PM

Harry's mentally ill and being exploited by an attention whore golddigger. He'll probably have a breakdown soon and then wind up in Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2021 4:18 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote]Wow speaking out against racism in the 21 century. How bold, brave and astonishingly progressive of him.

And what bold, brave and astonishingly progressive activities do YOU participate in, on a daily or weekly basis? Please share your superior ways with the rest of us unwoke and unwashed.

by Anonymousreply 265July 22, 2021 11:29 PM

Tommy has been all over the UK lately, is it desperado for his new film?

by Anonymousreply 266July 22, 2021 11:33 PM

R265 she tweets on black twitter. Saving the world: one tweet at a time.

by Anonymousreply 267July 22, 2021 11:58 PM

Some of you who post on here idolize a font Aunt Jane on Lipstick Alley that thinks Archie is a toddler reborn doll with updated tiktok technology therefore not eligible to be in the line of succession. That is insanity. Oh and Black twitter wins.

That was mentioned by one of your own on lipstick alley.

by Anonymousreply 268July 23, 2021 12:32 AM

R268 the Datalounge is a forum for gay men. What are you doing on here?

by Anonymousreply 269July 23, 2021 12:34 AM

R265 Don't be obtuse. Most people on DL are not the Future King of England (and grandson to the current Queen). He has a little more influence than the average person. He can do more than tweet.

by Anonymousreply 270July 23, 2021 8:03 AM

R270, I find it funny how the BRF worshippers are acting as though an extremely privileged royal just tweeting anti-racism messages in the 21st century is somehow very admirable. Never mind that he probably does not even write the tweets himself. His PR army probably composes the tweets and sends them out, but we are all expected to be absolutely amazed that he "spoke out" against racism.

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2021 10:18 AM

I'd have thought we were simply observing that he made an anti-racist declaration despite having recently been accused of being one among many racists.

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2021 10:42 AM

This is one of the stupider Royal threads, and that’s saying something.

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2021 11:17 AM

Right R271 these people have no real responsibilities and get paid a lot of money just for their bloodline. Of course he's not going to use the official channels available to him to advocate for change because he sees racism in his best interest. He is in a position to make a real difference. I cannot believe people cannot see that.

R272 many racist things happen in that country every day, including the racist dragging of his sister in law and his nephew by the British press which he never said anything about. Had he not been recently accused of racism he would have said nothing in defense of these sports figures.

This was just a PR statement (probably not even written by him) designed for people dumb enough to believe he actually cares.

by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2021 11:37 AM

[quote]many racist things happen in that country every day, including the racist dragging of his sister in law and his nephew by the British press

No.

[quote]Had he not been recently accused of racism he would have said nothing in defense of these sports figures.

No.

by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2021 11:41 AM

There is no “King of England”, future or otherwise, R270. There is no “Queen of England”. Hasn’t been either for a few centuries.

Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2021 11:57 AM

Idiots here are forgetting that William is the President of the England Football Association. Therefore, it is entirely right for him to speak up when the England team's players are attacked in such a way.

by Anonymousreply 277July 23, 2021 12:49 PM

Also, William is very relevant to the England (and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland) football team because just before each international match, the national anthem is sung - by the players too - and the words are "God save the king/queen". It's currently sung to his grandmother, next it will be to his father and after that to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2021 12:56 PM

R276 I realize Queen Elizabeth is Queen of the UK but since England is a part of the UK, she also is the Queen of England (which is how I prefer to refer to her). So suck on that!

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2021 2:06 PM

I fail to understand why the rabid MegStans attack William. Do they think if they trash William on a site for gay men, we shall rise up and proclaim the Spare as King?

MegStans are as jealous and dumb as the Duke and Duchess of Montecito they live vicariously through.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2021 5:08 PM

R263 Yes Harry must be mentally ill to marry a Black woman he loves rather than pursue the arranged incestual and loveless marriages of his forefathers.

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2021 5:18 PM

R281 writing her fanfic! And Meghan ain't black. If she looked black, Harry wouldn't have dated her.

by Anonymousreply 282July 23, 2021 7:20 PM

R282 Ask the racist British press what color Meghan is. Apparently they have a different definition than you.

Don't all you racists compare notes... at the meetings?

by Anonymousreply 283July 23, 2021 7:52 PM

The British press never made a single racist comment about Meghan, r283. The Straight Outta Compton thing - the only thing her stans can point to - was written for the American edition of dailymail.com by an American in LA.

by Anonymousreply 284July 23, 2021 8:00 PM

R284 The racist treatment of Meghan by the British press is well documented. You're obviously either a fool or in deep denial or both.

by Anonymousreply 285July 23, 2021 8:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 23, 2021 8:18 PM

r286 I was surprised by their claims about racism to Oprah. Turns out it was just an attempt to make a couple of rich grifters look like victims of bigotry.

As for the racism in the family that Meghan claimed to Oprah, Harry said somebody in the family wondered what their future kids would look like. Probably hoping Meghan could eliminate that ginger gene. The two of them are such pathological liars, they could be Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 287July 23, 2021 8:43 PM

That's BULLSHIT!

R286 Even the most bigoted press in the UK had to admit the press is bigoted.

Read it (if you can) and weep!

imdb. com/news/ni63358659

Oprah even got an Emmy Nom for that interview.

They're racist! Face facts!

by Anonymousreply 288July 24, 2021 12:04 AM

A comprehensive list of all the s**t Meghan Markle has taken from the British press and public

Meghan Markle has said that the UK tabloids have been incredibly damaging to her mental health, and we can 100% believe it.

In what was one of the most emotional moments of her interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle has finally confirmed what we’ve long suspected: she and her husband, Prince Harry, stepped back from the royal family last year because the British tabloids were destroying her mental health.

“Look, I was really ashamed to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry, especially, because I know how much loss he has suffered, but I knew that if I didn’t say it, then I would do it,” she told Winfrey.

Meghan went on to explain that the relentless, negative media coverage of her, as well as the palace’s unwillingness to refute false stories, caused her significant distress.

And, while her husband immediately began working on a plan to help ease the pressure on his wife, Meghan said that other members of the royal household told her flatly that she couldn’t seek psychiatric help because it wouldn’t be good for the institution.

Harry, sitting beside his wife during the interview, held her hand tightly.

“My biggest concern was history repeating itself,” the prince told Winfrey, referring to his late mother, Princess Diana – who died in a 1997 crash after her car was followed by paparazzi on motorbikes.

“For me, I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you with my wife by my side.”

Just a few weeks ago, the Duchess of Sussex won a privacy claim against the publishers of the Mail on Sunday after they published a letter she sent her father, and launched a stinging rebuke to “dehumanising” media organisations after the verdict, saying the “damage they have done and continue to do runs deep.”

But, while all of this is incredibly disheartening, it shouldn’t be surprising: Meghan and Harry have long been held up as hate figures by certain members of the press for a very long time now.

Strike that, actually: they haven’t. Meghan has.

Indeed, it’s an indisputable fact that, since joining the royal family, criticisms of Meghan have ranged from the offensive to the downright bizarre; remember when she was dragged into that coronavirus debate? Or when she was unfairly accused of trying to “steal the limelight” from Princess Eugenie when she announced her second pregnancy?

Don’t believe us? Check out the many, many, many (far too many) examples below.

by Anonymousreply 289July 24, 2021 12:08 AM

R289 "us"? Hi Harry and Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 290July 24, 2021 12:15 AM

1) When Meghan was first unveiled as Prince Harry’s long-term girlfriend, the racist backlash began

2) When Meghan wore a pair of trousers to an event, morons everywhere lost their shit

3) In the run-up to the royal wedding, Germaine Greer announced that Meghan would “bolt” after marrying Prince Harry

4) The press had a field day when Meghan announced her father, Thomas Markle, would not be attending her wedding

5) Showbiz journalists goaded celebrities into passing criticism on Meghan’s wedding dress

6) Meghan Markle sat on a chair – and the world lost its shit. Again.

7) Meghan Markle’s bra strap was visible for less than a second, prompting ‘wardrobe malfunction’ headlines all over the world

8) The endless comparisons drawn between Meghan and her sister-in-law, Kate Middleton

9) The outcry over Meghan’s “controversial” one-shouldered dress

10) And Meghan’s “inappropriate” dark nail polish

11) Also, Meghan’s penchant for black clothes

12) Then there’s the time Meghan was slammed for eating avocado on toast

13) Remember when Meghan was slammed for sending a Christmas card?

14) And that time the press took aim at her for having…. knees?

15) Meghan was blamed for a temporary member of Palace staff leaving their temporary job, too

16) The press also hated the fact that Meghan was visibly pregnant

17) When Meghan Markle closed a door, Twitter went into meltdown

18) And they really didn’t like it when she refused to pose on the hospital steps immediately after giving birth

19) They fabricated stories about Meghan’s relationship with the rest of the royal family

20) They claimed to have photos of Meghan in her underwear

21) Apparently Prince Harry’s hair loss is Meghan’s fault, too

22) And tabloids couldn’t get over the fact Meghan had dated other men before Harry, either

23) They don’t like the fact that Meghan uses hair extensions Add it to the list, I guess.

24) They couldn’t stop themselves speculating about Meghan’s diet

25) And Piers Morgan – actual Piers Morgan – penned a scathing attack on Meghan disguised as “advice on how to handle the media”

26) Yes, tabloids succeeded in dragging Meghan Markle into Covid-19 coverage

27) Apparently it’s all over for her and Harry (sigh)

28) Everyone has been really bloody desperate to dream up a feud Meghan and Princess Eugenie

29) She was accused of manipulating Archie’s birth certificate

30) And Meghan (Harry too, actually) have once again been accused of disrespecting the Queen

31) Meghan Markle ‘slammed door in Kate Middleton’s face’ after she ‘made her cry’

This is from "Stylist" from 4 months ago. Look it up. I can't post it here.

You ignorant British hillbillies are obsessed with this Black lady and not in a good way.

Get a life!

by Anonymousreply 291July 24, 2021 12:21 AM

R291 where are the hills British hillbillies come from?

Sweetie, you need to get a life. And - may I remind you - this is a website for gay men who don't give a fuck about a D list 'actress' cum-golddigger.

I do feel for you though. It seems like Meghan (who is beige not black) represents some kind of revenge for you for the fact that all black male celebs marry blondes.

by Anonymousreply 292July 24, 2021 12:28 AM

That screed you just posted r291, would have a parallel list for every woman who has married into the first rank of the Royal Family in my lifetime:

Diana: focused primarily on her weight in the first few years of her marriage (too fat, dangerously thin), her lack of intellect, then moving on to painting her alternately as an angel and as a mentally unstable danger to herself, and then increasing mocking her privatel life after her divorce.

Fergie: her dress sense, her parents marriage break-up, her spending, the fact she wasn’t Diana, her ginger hair, her speaking voice, her travelling, how she looked on a horse.

Sophie: how dare she even remotely resemble Diana, why did she need a job, was her job not vaguely undignified, why was she boring, why was she such a middle-class goody-goody, was the marriage a sham…. Then the press entrapped her into saying stuff about the Queen so that they could destroy her business and bring her down.

Kate: why are her parents so common, why didn’t she have a job, Waity Katey, why was she such a bad public speaker, her druggie relative, “doors to manual”, why won’t she do more public engagements while pregnant, why is she keeping the press photographers away from the children.

by Anonymousreply 293July 24, 2021 12:37 AM

R292 Hillbilly is obviously a mentality your ignorant ass has. It really bothers you that your "prince" prefers an American... a BLACK American woman to your dusty British sluts doesn't it? Well guess what? You can't do shit about it! So just accept it! ;)

And who cares who marries who? In America we don't care about such shit. We don't sick our newspapers on every high profile interracial couple like you ignorant Brits do! Fuck your backwards stuck up country. That is why we left your sorry asses many years ago. You will never be as good as we are.

Jealous much???

by Anonymousreply 294July 24, 2021 12:40 AM

Yes, r294, if history (or current affairs) teaches us anything, it is that the US is a colour-blind society.

Do keep the zingers coming!

by Anonymousreply 295July 24, 2021 12:41 AM

R294 I'm an American who has also lived in the UK. The racism is the US is off the charts. The UK doesn't come close. So it is very strange that Meghan would claim she was fleeing racism in the UK to find sanctuary..... in the US? Why not move to Botswana, South Africa, Kenya? Not enough luxury boutiques I suppose. Not enough paparazzi..

by Anonymousreply 296July 24, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote] Or when she was unfairly accused of trying to “steal the limelight” from Princess Eugenie when she announced her second pregnancy?

Bitch please! she wasn't 'unfairly accused' - bitch straight up DID try to pull focus from Eugenie on her wedding day. She traipsed into St. Georges wearing an open loose maternity coat that fairly screamed "look at me, I'm up the duff and trying to hide it" even though she was barely SIX WEEKS pregnant and in now way was showing anyplace.

And also allegedly chattered on about being pregnant at the wedding luncheon, with relatives. Tacky, tacky tacky.

And 75% of the screed posted at r191 did actually happen or push close to occurring, ironically.

by Anonymousreply 297July 24, 2021 3:32 AM

"now way" = no way in r297 (above^)

by Anonymousreply 298July 24, 2021 3:33 AM

All I see are lots of allegations against the British tabloids for alleged racism but still not a single link to or quote from such an alleged racist article.

Just because you keep repeating something, doesn't make it true.

Exactly r296, the racism allegations are entirely crafted for an American audience, where racism is far more culturally embedded.

by Anonymousreply 299July 24, 2021 9:57 AM

R296 [Quote]The racism is the US is off the charts. The UK doesn't come close.

Why is it not surprising that a White person living in the UK would view racism differently than a Black woman who has lived in both countries and has actually experienced racism. All the shit the UK press did to her taken together was racist as hell. You don't have to use the "N" word to be racist. You do understand that right? They don't go after that scrawny pasty hag Kate with the same ferocity or ANYONE else in the Royal family and you know it!

Besides, you're incompetent to pontificate on Meghan's experience. As Tiffany Cross would say "Stay in your lane."

[Quote]she was fleeing racism in the UK to find sanctuary..... in the US? Why not move to Botswana, South Africa, Kenya?

The "go back to Africa" campaign is really ignorant and so 1866 on your part and just exposes who you really are. America is her home of course that is where she will go. Do better or at least try harder. You sound like an ignorant racist moron!

by Anonymousreply 300July 24, 2021 2:35 PM

Lol, r300. Meghan barely has any African descent. But since she started her whining about how hard life is for her in South Africa (a country where they have real racism and real hardship, unlike anything Meghan has ever experienced, yet she wanted everyone to think about her instead) and Harry had apparently expressed a desire to live in Africa, it's not an unreasonable question.

You're just assuming that r296 is white, but his/her point - despite your attempt to twist is - wasn't that there is no racism in the UK but that racism in the US is a far bigger problem. So, anyone claiming to be escaping to the US to avoid racism in the UK is talking shit.

And you still can't give any actual examples of racism targetted at Meghan in the UK!

by Anonymousreply 301July 24, 2021 3:01 PM

R301 Have you walked in Meghan's shoes?

You have never had a racist experience in your life and you fail to even listen to a woman who obviously has experienced a lot of racism in her lifetime. In addition you have not experienced being a Black person in the royal family so who are you to criticize her or deny her experience? You don't have any idea what you are talking about.

You just choose to pontificate about her experience with racism because you don't like her. It's perfectly fine not to like her. That's your right. But for you to deny that she experienced racism when based on all the objective evidence that she clearly DID, really speaks volumes about WHY you don't like her.

Go back to the Klan meeting. Your kind is not wanted here.

by Anonymousreply 302July 24, 2021 3:19 PM

R300 "They don't go after that scrawny pasty hag Kate with the same ferocity or ANYONE else in the Royal family and you know it!"

Heather Mills. Tall, white, blonde and absolutely destroyed by British Press when she married McCartney. It's almost as if the Brits are super protective of their national legends and call out those who use them for money and power. (As well as some old-fashioned know-your-class culture.)

by Anonymousreply 303July 24, 2021 3:25 PM

And exactly what racist actions has Meghan experienced in her lifetime? You know them all? If she hadn't suddenly decided that the was biracial, NO ONE would know. She certainly has done her level best to ensure that she doesn't look remotely black with her nose job and hair straightening. And then there is the distinct lack of of black friends.

by Anonymousreply 304July 24, 2021 3:29 PM

R303 Heather Mills is not in the Royal Family. The worst example of the British Press going after a Royal was Princess Diana. But that abuse wasn't as bad as the way they went after Meghan.

Harry did the right thing to not allow the British press to destroy another woman he loves.

by Anonymousreply 305July 24, 2021 3:31 PM

R304, I am not defending Meghan. I am defending her right to tell her story. There are plenty of light skinned black women with straight hair. She doesn't have to apologize for the way she looks. Why are you so obsessed with that. Do you want her?

I don't owe you anything. I don't have to answer questions that you obviously don't want answered. Use the internet. I am not here for your entertainment.

Enjoy your racism, but don't expect to not be called out for it.

by Anonymousreply 306July 24, 2021 3:35 PM

And enjoy your insanity.

by Anonymousreply 307July 24, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote]Harry did the right thing to not allow the British press to destroy another woman he loves.

She's doing a remarkable job doing that all by herself, what with her endless public attention-seeking, grifting, and braying on about victimization while she lives in a $25 million dollar mansion. Harry should focus his protective efforts towards those in his own home: himself and his missus.

by Anonymousreply 308July 24, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]You have never had a racist experience in your life and you fail to even listen to a woman who obviously has experienced a lot of racism in her lifetime.

No, there is little to no evidence that Meghan experienced "a lot" of racism in her life. Please.

by Anonymousreply 309July 24, 2021 3:55 PM

R300 you are on the Datalounge. This is a website for gay men not for obese, homophobic, middlle-aged black women.

Stay in your lane, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 310July 24, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]You don't have to use the "N" word to be racist. You do understand that right? They don't go after that scrawny pasty hag Kate with the same ferocity or ANYONE else in the Royal family and you know it!

Your meanness and misogyny is showing all over. You'd be taken a lot more seriously in your racial screeds if you were less woman-hating. Scrawny pasty hag?

[quote]Besides, you're incompetent to pontificate on Meghan's experience. As Tiffany Cross would say "Stay in your lane."

Oh, we can comment on it, plenty. She's offered us up so much to talk about. Tell the British taxpayers to "stay in their lane" while they funded her lavish wedding and lifestyle to the tune of millions of pounds. Go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 311July 24, 2021 4:01 PM

"scrawny" is such a dead giveaway - I'll look forward to seeing our homophobic black twitterer MegStan on My 600 lb Life.

by Anonymousreply 312July 24, 2021 4:33 PM

R291 You’ve conflated criticism of bad behavior with racism. I understand you’re a poor judge of character and think Meghan is some kind of saint, but if you were to do actual research on the itemized list you posted, you’d clearly see that the criticism Markle received was done with the intention of typical royal gossip and NOT racism. I can’t rebuke every item you listed (post would be too long), but let me give you a sample. For your reference and peace of mind, I’m an ethnic minority from LA:

1. No one had much opinion of Markle until that vainglorious Vanity Fair article and it wasn’t racist. She came across as arrogant and self-aggrandizing and it was at that moment many people started questioning her agenda.

2. Her trousers were ill-fitted and dragging on the ground in the mud. Typical tabloid fodder, not racist.

3. She did bolt, so the prediction was correct. And how is this any different than speculation that Beatrice’s husband is in it for the money and fame, and he too might bolt? Again, typical tabloid fodder.

4. Again, not racist. Just a huge red flag that a person is an asshole when they have only one family member at their wedding. Her public fight with her father was shocking, ice cold and declasse. Again, not racist.

5. Link, please? No “celebrity” criticized her dress. Average people did, but that isn’t racist. To this day, people savage Diana’s dress and Kate’s dress.

7. Again, a wardrobe malfunction is typical tabloid fodder. For your mental comfort, when I was a kid, my mother was very much into Princess Diana. She would always buy the People magazines and commemorative issues about her. I still remember issues that discussed Diana’s wardrobe misfires “It could happen to you but it shouldn’t happen to her!” Kate was reamed in the press when her skirt blew up a few times. Fergie was relentlessly criticized as are her daughters. Again, typical tabloid shtick.

8. Happened with Fergie and Diana. And they’re both white.

9. 10. and 11. Oh yes, the British fashion awards. Markle showed up uninvited, forcibly took over the presentation of an award from another actress and proceeded to hog attention during the acceptance speech by mugging for the camera and neurotically cupping her belly. If you watch the video online, she kept changing positions to make sure the camera was on her and dramatically holding her stomach to distract the audience from the other actress and designer. Her narcissistic behavior was called out, that is all. As far as her dress goes, some people liked it and some didn’t. Dark nail polish? She’s there as part of her job representing the BRF. The Queen doesn’t like dark polish or black clothes on anyone. If the boss gives you a dress code, you’re supposed to stick to it.

12. The avocado toast was criticized because it was a thinly veiled attempt at merching SoHo Houss branded items. As a royal, that’s a big no-no.

20. Please, bitch posted topless photos of herself online. There’s also a sex tape floating around. And we’ve all seen the grilling video. No one needs to claim anything when she’s done it herself. Also, is it racist that there are topless shots of Kate out there too?

As you can plainly see, this cunt had it easy and brought it all upon herself. She didn’t follow the rules (expected of everyone), she didn’t make an effort, and then bolted when she didn’t get her way. And started screaming racism to deflect attention off of her poor conduct. You possibly can’t be that thick, can you?

by Anonymousreply 313July 24, 2021 5:41 PM

R313 I assume the Meghan fangirls on here are paid by her publicists. With all the publicists and lawyers they're paying, I wonder if the Harkles are having money problems. They don't come cheap, especially not in LaLaLand.

If I were them, I would be worried about the cold shoulder they've gotten from the Obamas. They were obviously trying to latch onto the Obamas to bolster how important they are. Michelle Obama has a highly tuned bullshit and exploiter detector; she cut off Oprah pretty damn quick. The US government could conceivably intervene at some point. Harry is actively trying to hurt US-UK relations. That isn't going to be allowed to continue. He's a negligible nobody. The Queen isn't.

by Anonymousreply 314July 24, 2021 5:54 PM

They don't need the Obamas. They're being feted by tech billionaires, donthca know.

by Anonymousreply 315July 24, 2021 6:00 PM

Tech billionaires have all the sex appeal of nerdy little guys who stuck ball-point pens in their shirt pockets in high school and got their heads stuffed down toilets.

by Anonymousreply 316July 24, 2021 6:46 PM

Somehow, I can imagine Mean Girl Meghan cheering that on, r316.

by Anonymousreply 317July 24, 2021 7:05 PM

At this point, tech billionaires may be the only people on the planet who might still be charmed by whatever it is that Megdusa is putting out there.

by Anonymousreply 318July 24, 2021 7:07 PM

You mean the only people rich enough to matter, R318. These threads are filled with the gullible poor.

by Anonymousreply 319July 25, 2021 1:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!